Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (9834 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha: Someone was saying of different denominations and different doctrines,well let me put this to You:
This is how God is:-
Six blindmen went to a zoo to see an elephant,cuz they have heard so much of it...So,how will blindmen see an elephant or tell how an elephant is?
On reaching to the zoo,they were led to the Elephant...Because they cant see,they made use of their sense of touch{feeling}...Six of them touched the elephant,but each of them touched difrent parts of the elephant..The tail,the leg,the husk,the body,the ear and the trunk....All were happy at having gotten to touch the Elephant,but a problem arose between them when they were asked to describe the Elephant...
Each of them gave the exact description of the part of the Elephant they touched,but because they didnt touch the same parts,none of them was willing to admit the Fact that the other person actually touched and felt the Elephant....
But one thing was clear:none of them was wrong about the Elephant...They only can explain the part of it they touched.....If the Elephant happened to be around,he will simply laugh,knowing fully Well that the blindmen were describing difrent parts of him............and they were not Wrong......And it was just one Elephant.....
Thats how God is..Noone can ever tell u everything about God,cuz we can only tel of the Part of God we had encountered..We cnt say of the Ones we dont know,unless He revealed it to us...God is like the Elephant in that story...You can only tell of the little u undastand of Him....
Another example is a textbook..Give ten people a particular book to read..After reading,give them a test or ask them a question..You will realise that each will say What he undastud from the textbook difrently.....Yet,it is one book.....God is like a textbook too...
Just like in a textbook,some parts will be very sweet and interesting to you,whereas you will even discard some parts cuz its 4 u to undastnd or u dont like them...........
When the End of times comes,i believe Most people Will have the Whole of Eternity to ask God many things that seem irrational now....
But till then,be a fool for God for the sake of Your Soul!!

You didn't understand what the guy said about different doctrines cos your example clearly shows you don't. Let me give you some examples.

DOCTRINE A. DOCTRINE B
1. Tithe is biblical. No, its a fraud.
2. Ladies can wear trousers. No, its a sin
3. Ladies must cover their
hair while praying. No, its not necessary. 4. There is hellfire. There is no hellfire
5. Use of jewelries is right. No, its wrong

I hope you get the point now
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof:

shocked are u now the son of God?

I am a living God
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof:

And here's a list of former wanna be pastors

Macof

Yes, I once aspired to be a pastor

Lol, maybe u'll still one day end up being a pastor and start preaching to us as joshthefirst does
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Christians tend to feel no one can be a real christian and then become an atheist. Here is a list of former pastors who have turned atheists.

1. Gordon Douglas
2. G. Vincent Runyon
3. Teresa macbain
4. Jerry Dewitt
5. rationalmind

Just to name a few
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
My brother,Jesus said:
"it is easier for the Carmel to pass through the eye of the needle than for a richman to enter the kingdom of God"
He wasnt joking when He made that statement.....With this ur attitude,i wonder how u expect God to come to you....Your attitude scares flies away,not to talk of God.......

Lol, So God is subject to my attitude
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Elantracey: hmmmm dearie let me correct sometin first o..moses didnt see God face to face he only say his back and that was possible becos of d intimate relationship dey had...if u really really really want to see God start wit havin a relationship wit him
God's back shocked does he have a spinal cord?

God isn't human, he doesn't have a back
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
macof:

I have been going for Bible study for more than 10years. It's study of the Bible that made me realize the fraud of the Bible and christianity
ehya wait o lyk seriously u dont ve any tin to show 4 it?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

butthurt.

The option in that miracle condition were based on bible. If you have faith like a mustard seed, you will move mountain....lets see you move stone.

Donkey talk in bible, pray to your God so that my chicken talk.

If you cant make this happen after serious appeal to your God....then you should be disappointed he failed you.
You neva cease to make me laugh...The more reason why this thread should be moved to the Jokes Section.....
Imagine kneeling down on my knees,and What i will ask of God is to make a Cock talk like a person? Bro,you are just funoy! Go buy a Parrot,it will do the Talking for you,even 100times a day!!
Imagine kneeling down,and what i will be busy asking God is to make a Stone move an inch? Bro,u are a joke,seriously!!
People are concerned with how to be at peace with their maker,and this is What you are concerned With: fowl's talking or stones moving an inch? Smh!
If u think u will ever see a universal church,that means you have not been reading the Bible as u claimed...I mean,just reading.......
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
You neva cease to make me laugh...The more reason why this thread should be moved to the Jokes Section.....
Imagine kneeling down on my knees,and What i will ask of God is to make a Cock talk like a person? Bro,you are just funoy! Go buy a Parrot,it will do the Talking for you,even 100times a day!!
Imagine kneeling down,and what i will be busy asking God is to make a Stone move an inch? Bro,u are a joke,seriously!!
People are concerned with how to be at peace with their maker,and this is What you are concerned With: fowl's talking or stones moving an inch? Smh!
If u think u will ever see a universal church,that means you have not been reading the Bible as u claimed...I mean,just reading.......

Hehehehehehe, laff wan kill me bros.

Jokes apart sha. Did you laugh when you read the same in the bible? Now that folykaze is asking for the same, you suddenly saw the folly in animals talking and started laughing.

Can you now see why I said you read the bible with red rosy coloured glasses.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:

Evidently you are either not a christian or you one of the deluded ones.

1. You got no faith

Matthew 17:20

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

2. You dont even believe in the power of Jesus

John 14:12

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

so what exactly is wrong tasking you to make a stone move or a chicken talk?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

You didn't understand what the guy said about different doctrines cos your example clearly shows you don't. Let me give you some examples.

DOCTRINE A. DOCTRINE B
1. Tithe is biblical. No, its a fraud.
It is biblical..Some people made it a fraud...You cant make certain peoples misconceptions a general error..Thats Fallacy of Composition
2. Ladies can wear trousers. No, its a sin

The Bible never said Ladies should wear Trousers...The people that advocates this are just appealing to the gullible mind of anarchy,rebel,fashion and "it doesnt matter".....Even almost every Doctrine is against it..
3. Ladies must cover their
hair while praying. No, its not necessary.
Like i said,the Bible provides the final truth...Many of the people that say its not necesary dnt read their Bible,cuz they would have seen that the bible warns against it
[quote]4. There is hellfire. There is no hellfire[quote]

Resulted from misinterpretation of Gods love and Merciful nature....argumentum ad mesericordiam...

The Bible is always there to clear Your doubt...Sometimes a look at What gave rise to the existence of this Later day Churches will give u a clear undastanding as to what they aim to achieve!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Hehehehehehe, laff wan kill me bros.

Jokes apart sha. Did you laugh when you read the same in the bible? Now that folykaze is asking for the same, you suddenly saw the folly in animals talking and started laughing.

Can you now see why I said you read the bible with red rosy coloured glasses.
I neva read anywhere in the Bible were someone was asking God to make a donkey,goat,fo.wl speak or make a stone move an inch!!
Maybe i didnt read well shaa,where did it happen in the Bible bro?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:

It is biblical..Some people made it a fraud...You cant make certain peoples misconceptions a general error..Thats Fallacy of Composition

The Bible never said Ladies should wear Trousers...The people that advocates this are just appealing to the gullible mind of anarchy,rebel,fashion and "it doesnt matter".....Even almost every Doctrine is against it..

Like i said,the Bible provides the final truth...Many of the people that say its not necesary dnt read their Bible,cuz they would have seen that the bible warns against it

You want to deny different doctrines in churches?

- catholic worship mary while protestant do not.

- celestial walk around with bare-foot while other churches dont.

- protestant belief in eternall punishment while jehovah witness do not.

Deny any of the three
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
I neva read anywhere in the Bible were someone was asking God to make a donkey,goat,fo.wl speak or make a stone move an inch!!

So Ballam donkey is lie huh?

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

1. You got no faith

Firstly,What were the Works Jesus was talking about??
Is making a f.owl speak one of them?
Is a making a stone Move one of them?
@rationalmind,tell the gospel truth,your friend FOLYKAZE do not even undastand a small tiny electron about the bible.....You trully need God....And like i said earlier,the first step is getting back to Basics...........What do u Believe in?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

1. You got no faith

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
@rationalmind,tell the gospel truth,your friend FOLYKAZE do not even undastand a small tiny electron about the bible.....You trully need God....And like i said earlier,the first step is getting back to Basics...........What do u Believe in?

No room for dancing around. Jesus said if you have faith, you will tell mountain to move and it will obey. He also said if you believe in him, you will do greater things than he did.

As a christian, you have faith and believe.

- since you have faith, lets see you move stone with prayer.

- since you believe, lets see you make chicken talk.

If you cant better stay out of this cuz you are hypocritical christian. I want to deal with the christian that can manifest the power of God with faith and belief.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:

Lol, what ure trying to do is all what we've been saying. I'm right, they are wrong. The bible supports me, it doesn't support them. If they were to be here, I hope you know they'll also tell you what ure saying. They are right, the bible supports them and ure wrong.

That was what d guy was trying to say. Each with different hopelessly contradicting doctrines with backing from the same bible
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha: .

Let me rate your effort.

- task on knowledge..... F9.

- task on one church..... F9.

- task on miracle..... F9.

Lets see how you deal with the two other option
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You want to deny different doctrines in churches?

- catholic worship mary while protestant do not.

- celestial walk around with bare-foot while other churches dont.

- protestant belief in eternall punishment while jehovah witness do not.

Deny any of the three
Firstly,Catholics dont Worship Mary.....clear that error....Am not going into this cuz there are tens of Thread on Nairaland about it,and there are a zillion book about it.......
2ndly,am A Catholic and i dont concern myself with How other People go about Worshipping God......God has the final say on the Worship to accept or not....am not bothered....But what i will be bothered about is ur lifestyle,not ur Worship-style!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

So Ballam donkey is lie huh?

I didnt see any Donkey quote in Your Post!! I didnt c where anybody was praying for a donkey to Speak!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dp

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:

Numbers 22:28
28 Then the LORD opened the mouth of the
donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done
to you, that you have struck me these three times?”

Lol, I know balaam didn't ask God to let the donkey talk. But you of course know the donkey talked because of balaams rebellion. That's what folykaze his saying. God should make his chicken talk cos of his rebellion.

God has done it before, he can do it again.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
Firstly,Catholics dont Worship Mary.....clear that error....Am not going into this cuz there are tens of Thread on Nairaland about it,and there are a zillion book about it.......
2ndly,am A Catholic and i dont concern myself with How other People go about Worshipping God......God has the final say on the Worship to accept or not....am not bothered....But what i will be bothered about is ur lifestyle,not ur Worship-style!!

Deny it with prove that am wrong. This is baseless
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Let me rate your effort.

- task on knowledge..... F9.

- task on one church..... F9.

- task on miracle..... F9.

Lets see how you deal with the two other option

Hehehehehe, easy now bro
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I want to deal with the christian that can manifest the power of God with faith and belief.
By making a f.owl talk for You and making a stond move? Smh!
Oya na,Nairalanders,una don hear am!!
You are just funny....reali reali funny bro!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
By making a f.owl talk for You and making a stond move? Smh!
Oya na,Nairalanders,una don hear am!!
You are just funny....reali reali funny bro!

Then everything is not possible for your God. Your case closed....you cant help
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, what ure trying to do is all what we've been saying. I'm right, they are wrong. The bible supports me, it doesn't support them. If they were to be here, I hope you know they'll also tell you what ure saying. They are right, the bible supports them and ure wrong.

That was what d guy was trying to say. Each with different hopelessly contradicting doctrines with backing from the same bible
Exactly What am trying to let u undastand with the blindmen and the Elephant story.......
Since u are not God,you have no business trying to decipher which of The Doctrines about God is wrong or right....
God will do His own part for Himself when the time comes....Undastand this!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Hehehehehe, easy now bro

I came forward with 5 task and he failed on 3. The guy is not serious at all
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Exactly What am trying to let u undastand with the blindmen and the Elephant story.......
Since u are not God,you have no business trying to decipher which of The Doctrines about God is wrong or right.......
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:

Asking what I what I believe in is quite a broad question and I really don't know how to answer. Let me see if I can try.

I believe in the words of budha. "Doubt everything, find your own light"
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
Since u are not God,you have no business trying to decipher which of The Doctrines about God is wrong or right....

End of discussion.....christians are blind and ignorant about God.....that is why they contradict each other. More like using idea to explain what they are ignorant about. Halelluyah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos) / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.