Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (9830 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
Exactly What am trying to let u undastand with the blindmen and the Elephant story.......
Since u are not God,you have no business trying to decipher which of The Doctrines about God is wrong or right....
God will do His own part for Himself when the time comes....Undastand this!

Yea. Understood. The earlier he does his part, the better.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, what ure trying to do is all what we've been saying. I'm right, they are wrong. The bible supports me, it doesn't support them. If they were to be here, I hope you know they'll also tell you what ure saying. They are right, the bible supports them and ure wrong.

That was what d guy was trying to say. Each with different hopelessly contradicting doctrines with backing from the same bible
rationalmind:

Numbers 22:28
28 Then the LORD opened the mouth of the
donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done
to you, that you have struck me these three times?”

Lol, I know balaam didn't ask God to let the donkey talk. But you of course know the donkey talked because of balaams rebellion. That's what folykaze his saying. God should make his chicken talk cos of his rebellion.

God has done it before, he can do it again.

rationalmind:

Lol, what ure trying to do is all what we've been saying. I'm right, they are wrong. The bible supports me, it doesn't support them. If they were to be here, I hope you know they'll also tell you what ure saying. They are right, the bible supports them and ure wrong.

That was what d guy was trying to say. Each with different hopelessly contradicting doctrines with backing from the same bible

Like i said,even flies will run away from his{FOLYKAZE} sweet poo.....
The scenario he is trying to re-create is not related...No similarity....no resemblance...nothing......All i see here is someone catching fun on nairaland as a new member,with his Kiddies show of Exuberance and follies,thinking that this is Secondary School jamboree classes filled with childish frivolities!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Deny it with prove that am wrong. This is baseless
Yeah.........There are a billion proofs in ur post right? Smh!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Then everything is not possible for your God. Your case closed....you cant help
I can only talk....Only God will Help you!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:

Like i said,even flies will run away from his{FOLYKAZE} sweet poo.....
The scenario he is trying to re-create is not related...No similarity....no resemblance...nothing......All i see here is someone catching fun on nairaland as a new member,with his Kiddies show of Exuberance and follies,thinking that this is Secondary School jamboree classes filled with childish frivolities!!

What exactly are u saying? Why are u combining posts addressed to different posters together and saying there is no similarity. This is outright dishonesty and its not what I expect from a christian.

Looks like folykaze was right all along, ure not a real christian

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I came forward with 5 task and he failed on 3. The guy is not serious at all
Actually,GOD has been showing Himself to You in little Ways,but u wont see it cause You expect Big Signs!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
Actually,GOD has been showing Himself to You in little Ways,but u wont see it cause You expect Big Signs!!

In what little way has God shown himself to you
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Asking what I what I believe in is quite a broad question and I really don't know how to answer. Let me see if I can try.

I believe in the words of budha. "Doubt everything, find your own light"
Have u found Your own light? Whats the Light?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
Have u found Your own light? Whats the Light?

To stick by what we've been saying. Here is my light which I still continually doubt hoping to arrive at better "lights". There is no reason whatsoever to believe there is a God, hence, I'm inclined to say, there is no God.

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

End of discussion.....christians are blind and ignorant about God.....that is why they contradict each other. More like using idea to explain what they are ignorant about. Halelluyah.
Thats a wrong statement to make bro.....Christians are not ignorant about God....Rather,they only talk of the Little Things they understand about God...
Its just like ur Mum or dad or friend or wife or brother or sister.....No matter how Long u know them and how close you are to them,There Must be certain aspects of them You can neva undastand about them.........No matter how hard u try,u wont........Thats how the God-xtian r/ship is...
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

What exactly are u saying? Why are u combining posts addressed to different posters together and saying there is no similarity. This is outright dishonesty and its not what I expect from a christian.

Looks like folykaze was right all along, ure not a real christian
That was probably nairalands spambot {robot}error,not mine!
Also,concluding that someone is not a real xtian cuz of computer error doesnt show u are rational...........Who is a true/real xtian?

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

To stick by what we've been saying. Here is my light which I still continually doubt hoping to arrive at better "lights". There is no reason whatsoever to believe there is a God, hence, I'm inclined to say, there is no God.
You know,if you were born in an era when Idol Worshipping was the order of the Day,you will not be making such statements.....you would have believed in a god at least
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
That was probably nairalands spambot {robot}error,not mine!
Also,concluding that someone is not a real xtian cuz of computer error doesnt show u are rational...........Who is a true/real xtian?

Did you read what you typed before you sent it? How was I supposed to know it was the spambots error? Have I ever told you I had supernatural powers?

And I never concluded. I said "looks like" That is, "it appears that". Not that its exactly like that.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha:
You know,if you were born in an era when Idol Worshipping was the order of the Day,you will not be making such statements.....you would have believed in a god at least

There would have been no reason whatsoever to believe in that god.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

In what little way has God shown himself to you
Firstly,am alive.........most people were terminated at conception,and i am not better than them...
I use to complain about my eyez to God,but u can imagine how remorseful i became cuz some are blind,and yet i see,but i complain that my eyez disturb me...
I use to complain about not usualy getting to eat and get what i want the way i want it...But,i realised sum people dnt even have anytin to eat,and that Many wil feel like they are in heaven to be in my position....
I look at trees,they dont work,yet they grow and produce food to eat for us...
I look at flowers,they dont work,they dont bother about anything,yet,no human is as beautiful as they are...
I look at the Sun...Why is the Sun not falling,what is holding it in its steady position? How come the whole world depends on it?
I look at the Earth...What makes the earth rotate? What brings about seasons?
All scientists can do is to explain the processes for me,but they cant tell me how it came to be!................There are other small small things too wich i have nt added and might nt add.........But,i believe someone somewhere is in control of all these things.....it didnt just start performing on its own!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

Did you read what you typed before you sent it? How was I supposed to know it was the spambots error? Have I ever told you I had supernatural powers?

And I never concluded. I said "looks like" That is, "it appears that". Not that its exactly like that.
no need to deliberate on it then......
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
rationalmind:

There would have been no reason whatsoever to believe in that god.
Its so easy to say Now....Really really so easy to say!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Deha abeg go sleep, night don come
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:39am On Nov 05, 2013
@ Deha ....why do you keep going round in circles ? Your arguments are the same boring ones fearful believers have being recycling since the middle ages . They are nowhere as brilliant as those of St. Thomas Aquinas though.

Okay. Why not answer the OP in Straight-forward and honest way as the 'holy book' at least enjoins us?

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Dear all....the question of 'Gods ' existence is an eternal one. Why don't he just do something that will clear our minds of doubts now and for all eternity ?

Why should he wait silently light-years away at the edge of the ever-expanding universe only for him to send 'us' to burn in hell - fire at the judgement day?

The book of life must be so big now as it contains so many billions of names....or heaven too has upgraded to iPad Air created by a buddhist !

These foreign religions are so obsolete and people still choose to defend the Gods they preach ....

2 Likes

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @ Deha ....why do you keep going round in circles ? Your arguments are the same boring ones fearful believers have being recycling since the middle ages . They are nowhere as brilliant as those of St. Thomas Aquinas though.

Okay. Why not answer the OP in Straight-forward and honest way as the 'holy book' at least enjoins us?
Boring to you,cuz you want a God that will pop up and do whateva silly thing you bid Him do,like making a fo.wl talk abi? You are a joke...
Thats why u worship idols...Why not invite the Op to ur idol worship? I believe ur gods will simply make fo.wls talk to make the Op believe!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 7:17am On Nov 05, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @ Deha ....why do you keep going round in circles ? Your arguments are the same boring ones fearful believers have being recycling since the middle ages . They are nowhere as brilliant as those of St. Thomas Aquinas though.

In your mind now,you have made a point abi?
This is to show the kind of tinz u believe in and easily believe!
You want God to pop up and answer his fo.wl talking prayer right? Why not invite the Op to ur idol worship? I believe ur idols are lacking worship and will easily make a fo.wl talk to make Mr FOLYKAZE believe in them!! Mtcheeeeew!! You are joker bro!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 7:22am On Nov 05, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Dear all....the question of 'Gods ' existence is an eternal one. Why don't he just do something that will clear our minds of doubts now and for all eternity ?
@bolded,The question you should be asking yourself is: "Why am i not seeing the Things He has been doing from time immemorial,and in my life."
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Mintayo(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Dear all....the question of 'Gods ' existence is an eternal one. Why don't he just do something that will clear our minds of doubts now and for all eternity ?

Why should he wait silently light-years away at the edge of the ever-expanding universe only for him to send 'us' to burn in hell - fire at the judgement day?

The book of life must be so big now as it contains so many billions of names....or heaven too has upgraded to iPad Air created by a buddhist !

These foreign religions are so obsolete and people still choose to defend the Gods they preach ....
lol,i see God laughing at your ignorance,God has been doing something,even though not ur idea of something,you are just insensitive to know and see them.
God has been doing something and He is ready to do more but we people we are not allowing Him,we are filled with pride just like you guys saying and thinking we can do something without His help and presence and as gentle as God is,He won't interfare until we call on Him,not like you guys are doing anyways.
God is ever ready,the question is are we ready?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
Boring to you,cuz you want a God that will pop up and do whateva silly thing you bid Him do,like making a fo.wl talk abi? You are a joke...
Thats why u worship idols...Why not invite the Op to ur idol worship? I believe ur gods will simply make fo.wls talk to make the Op believe!!

There is no Orisa in yoruba spirituality that is begging for belief or faith from people or that is threatening anybody with hell. It is said that Ori eni labo aba fi orisa sile......meaning nourish your consciousness spiritually rather than deities. That is Yoruba philosophy.

Your own God cant live without belief from ya
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2013
@Deha and Mintayo .....sorry if i did make you angry ; but Gods evangelists are supposed to be people of infinite and inexhaustible patience. I have seen lots of you Christian apologists here on nairaland display attitudes of intolerance reminiscent of the middle ages when the pope imprisoned Copernicus based on his assertion that the sun is the centre of our galaxy and not the Earth !
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
@bolded,The question you should be asking yourself is: "Why am i not seeing the Things He has been doing from time immemorial,and in my life."

There is nothing special about your life. Atheist have achieved a lot without the help of a God.

Moses saw God face to face. God promised Ezekiel to reveal himself in the sight of nations so that they can believe in him. Tell us your God do not have potential for this.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:05am On Nov 05, 2013
Mintayo:
lol,i see God laughing at your ignorance,God has been doing something,even though not ur idea of something,you are just insensitive to know and see them.
God has been doing something and He is ready to do more but we people we are not allowing Him,we are filled with pride just like you guys saying and thinking we can do something without His help and presence and as gentle as God is,He won't interfare until we call on Him,not like you guys are doing anyways.
God is ever ready,the question is are we ready?

God should be ashame of himself. He cant fulfill his promise so he never be a God.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2013
@Deha and Mintayo ......you see its easy to believe in the present construct of your God if you were born into a 3rd worlds country where we were all brainwashed from infancy to believe in a Jewish God .

This your faith in this God will shake if you have ever seen someone dying in a hospital and praying to god earnestly that she does not want to die .......and in the next 1 hour they were dead ! Have you ever being at an Autopsy ? then you will realize we are just like other mammals ! Which heaven do dogs go when they die?...don't forget dogs too have emotions like humans.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
Firstly,am alive.........most people were terminated at conception,and i am not better than them...

I hope you do know this has nothing to do with God. You were only lucky not to go through what they went through at conception and that's why ure alive. The implication of saying God kept you alive is this; you have to tell us the offence of those who died at birth. Why did God kill them?(Please, don't say the devil did it unless you want to explain why God will allow the devil to kill innocent babies) Why should they have died? You said it urself ure not better than them.

Deha: I use to complain about my eyez to God,but u can imagine how remorseful i became cuz some are blind,and yet i see,but i complain that my eyez disturb me...
I use to complain about not usualy getting to eat and get what i want the way i want it...But,i realised sum people dnt even have anytin to eat,and that Many wil feel like they are in heaven to be in my position....

The same thing I said above applies. The reason ure not blind is cos uve been lucky not to go through what made them blind. And you still have to tell us why God made them blind. Tell us their offence

Deha: I look at trees,they dont work,yet they grow and produce food to eat for us...
I look at flowers,they dont work,they dont bother about anything,yet,no human is as beautiful as they are...

Mother nature.

Deha: I look at the Sun...Why is the Sun not falling,what is holding it in its steady position? How come the whole world depends on it?
I look at the Earth...What makes the earth rotate? What brings about seasons?

Gravity not God.

Deha: All scientists can do is to explain the processes for me,but they cant tell me how it came to be!................There are other small small things too wich i have nt added and might nt add.........But,i believe someone somewhere is in control of all these things.....it didnt just start performing on its own!

Yes ure right. They do explain the process. What has God explained, NOTHING. Even if we don't know where they came from, there is still no reason to say its God. That we don't have answers now doesn't mean we won't have later.

But, how come you never talked about earthquakes, Tsunamis and flood disasters? Don't they also show you there is a God behind them?

2 Likes

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:27am On Nov 05, 2013
@ Mintayo & Deha ......please never refer to the God-concept of my fore-fathers as idols again .Christianity is only one of many religions in the world today .....if Indians could prevent the British from pulling wool over their eyes and today they proudly declare Hinduism and they are progressing; why can we not come to our senses and do what is right .

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2013
Oduduwaboy: @ Mintayo & Deha ......please never refer to the God-concept of my fore-fathers as idols again .Christianity is only one of many religions in the world today .....if Indians could prevent the British from pulling wool over their eyes and today they proudly declare Hinduism and they are progressing; why can we not come to our senses and do what is right .

I know the best tag that irritate christians when they try to insult African spirituality.

Just let them know that Jesus was a Gay and Mary was a prostitute.....cook it with evidence from bible. You will see them crying foul

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Top 15 Quotes By Famous Atheists / Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.