Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ (18192 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I have proven Nigerian officials wrong time and again on these boards, so what's your point?

You ''proved them wrong'' in between mouthfuls of fish and chips and Stella Artois. Olodo. Abeg commot for my face. London goat.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You ''proved them wrong'' in between mouthfuls of fish and chips and Stella Artois. Olodo. Abeg commot for my face. London goat.

Your attempt to highlight immaterial differences between 'proven' and 'proved' notwistanding, you remain the same dolt you were 1 hour ago. cheesy
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by WarriPikin1: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
See the Goa Highway blocked by Nigerians following the killing of the Nigerian that warranted India's deportation rage.

This road does not qualify to be called a Federal Highway in Nigeria, yet it is an Indian Federal Highway in Goa State.

Is Nigeria so bad that Nigerians should go to places like this just to form that they are abroad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpVS3rj6WIs
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by indianin9ja(m): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Warri _Pikin: See the Goa Highway blocked by Nigerians following the killing of the Nigerian that warranted India's deportation rage.

This road does not qualify to be called a Federal Highway in Nigeria, yet it is an Indian Federal Highway in Goa State.

Is Nigeria so bad that Nigerians should go to places like this just to form that they are abroad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpVS3rj6WIs

It is paved and pothole-free for the most part, unlike ...
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by WarriPikin1: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

These are equivalent Nigerian Highways so please compare for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1iJnSgJcgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AwOW0Whbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L88IwQcp4Ng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3QUGlRZGg

NOTICE I DIDN'T POST ANY ABUJA OR LAGOS ROAD, so it won't be an unfair comparison. I will get Benin Asaba,Ibadan-Ilorin, Kano-Maiduguri, Kaduna Katsina etc if you like.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Benspoon(m): 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
Goa government should stand up and face the challange that jst few naija guys culd stand up against their police force and nt try 2 shield their weakness....naija 4 life
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by indianin9ja(m): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

These are equivalent Nigerian Highways so please compare for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1iJnSgJcgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AwOW0Whbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3QUGlRZGg

NOTICE I DIDN'T POST ANY ABUJA OR LAGOS ROAD, so it won't be an unfair comparison. I will get Benin Asaba,Ibadan-Ilorin, Kano-Maiduguri, Kaduna Katsina etc if you like.

How does the quality of the roads affect the fact that these people disrupted traffic for hours?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by indianin9ja(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Benspoon: Goa government should stand up and face the challange that jst few naija guys culd stand up against their police force and nt try 2 shield their weakness....naija 4 life

They are. They've responded by calling to deport all illegal migrants in Goa.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by WarriPikin1: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

How does the quality of the roads affect the fact that these people disrupted traffic for hours?

Is that a road or a village path?

Did you notice the type of cars on the Super power Indian federal highway? ... and the bridge where one car has to wait for the other to cross? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by dasparrow: 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

They are. They've responded by calling to deport all illegal migrants in Goa.

Keep jumping from thread to thread running your big garlic smelling mouth. Very soon, Nigerians in Nigeria will teach you indians living in Nigeria a lesson you people will not be too quick to forget since you indians choose to abuse the hospitality we Nigerians have shown to you by allowing you people do business in our country. You should start praying for your safety because don't think your fellow indians can take the life of an innocent Nigerian living in india and you indians living in Nigeria will go free. I see you indians all over the place. I can choose to deal with you people in a way that will make you people regret the day you went to the Nigerian embassy and applied for a visa to come to this country. We don't want you people here. Get that into your thick skull.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by EKONGKING: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
India is the largest importer of nigerian crude oil that why indian government is bending backward to please Nigerians .
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by indianin9ja(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
dasparrow:

Keep jumping from thread to thread running your big garlic smelling mouth. Very soon, Nigerians in Nigeria will teach you indians living in Nigeria a lesson you people will not be too quick to forget since you indians choose to abuse the hospitality we Nigerians have shown to you by allowing you people do business in our country. You should start praying for your safety because don't think your fellow indians can take the life of an innocent Nigerian living in india and you indians living in Nigeria will go free. I see you indians all over the place. I can choose to deal with you people in a way that will make you people regret the day you went to the Nigerian embassy and applied for a visa to come to this country. We don't want you people here. Get that into your thick skull.

I don't know who you are, but my business partners here in Nigeria and those that work for me are happy that I'm here. I'm not here to please anyone. I'm here to earn a better living than I could back home.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by indianin9ja(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
EKONGKING: India is the largest importer of nigerian crude oil that why indian government is bending backward to please Nigerians .

With the US weaning its demand for African oil, it's up to Nigeria to find new consumers of oil. There will soon be a glut of oil on the market. The Indian government is trying to settle the matter amicably instead of issuing empty threats because that's the rational thing to do, so that less innocent people would be inconvenienced by this event.

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Rimbaldi: 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
indianin9ja:

I've been saying this before, the people that are opening companies with boards in Nigeria don't have problems with visas. They'll never have a problem with their immigration papers. The ones that would have problems are those in small enterprises, for whom the government does not automatically grant visas or for whom the bribes needed to get papers are out of reach.

But seriously, I'm really surprised by all[b] this hate on this thread against Indians. [/b]The Europeans (whites) are the ones who are keeping both of our people down and they would really enjoy all this infighting among the nonwhite races. We're just playing in their hands. Indians face tremendous discrimination in Western countries as well. Many if not most of us are just as dark if not more so than Africans. We should be brothers.

There is a difference between anger and hate. Nigerians are angry that we have to be treated the way we are even by india whom we see as having similar struggles (illegal immigration, corruption, crime etc.) From your statement above you would rather the Nigerian government left the indians in Nigeria to stay on illegally because they provide employment? And you dont mind the indian govt kicking out Nigerians living illegally in india because they dont provide employment but only have "clients" (in your own word)? The white man did not do this, india did! If Nigerians hated indians, I think you'd have heard of attacks on indians living in Nigeria by now, or have you heard of ANY. Nigerians are warm people especially to foreigners and we only deal you the card you hand to us. We have different nationalities here without papers but the average Nigerian WOULD NEVER rat you out to immigration or police as some of our African brothers do.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Rimbaldi: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Ignoramus. The Nigerians were protesting because the Indian police IGNORED the killing and refused to investigate it, NOT because a Nigerian was murdered. Next time get some facts in your head before typing rubbish.

Pipe down sir! You are losing it. I feel your pain though but let us keep it civilized as you are known to do most times.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Rimbaldi: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
indianin9ja:

How could they protest something like that? The Indian "mafia" don't just kill people for fun; it was obviously a drug deal gone wrong. Also, why do they place such a high standard on the Indian police? As if the Nigerian police would give a damm if an Indian is murdered here.

It is either you are clearly misguided or you are new in Nigeria. The Nigerian POlice would go the extra mile to uncover any such murder that involves a foreigner (even if it means framing up innocent people). Whether it was a drug deal gone wrong or not, murder is still murder and the indian police owes a duty to investigate thoroughly. You dont even know if it was a drug deal or not, just assumptions. Afterall we dont get to hear of Nigerians in other countries protesting when one of us is killed in a drug related case or is india the only place they deal drugs?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by tpia5: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
indianin9ja:

nigeria?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by tpia5: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
Vic-jay:
indian again. naija don suffer.

na today?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Rimbaldi: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
indianin9ja:
It's India, for gods' sakes, it's not UK or US! Even non-VIP Indians murdered in India do not get properly investigated. There are too many murders and not enough police resources.

Plus, the Indian police have concluded that it was a drug case, which the Nigerian community failed to accept and instead started to block the main highway of the state!

Who said anything about being ignored? Even the deceased Nigerian in Goa was not ignored by the police. There are scores of unsolved murders of Asians and Indians in Nigeria where the killers were not brought to justice. I wouldn't say they were ignored, but the police in Nigeria had no resource (or maybe no incentive) to solve these murders.

Who can deny that it is much more dangerous being an Asian in Nigeria than a Nigerian in Asia?

Pray tell how is it dangerous?

You people come here with next to no qualification and integrity and are given juicy corporate positions and it is dangerous?
You live in the most secure and affluent areas in town and it is dangerous?
You are given all sorts of maidservants and the likes and it is dangerous?
Do you drive your car yourself? I bet not. You have a driver that drives you around and you treat him like sshit and it is dangerous?
You have generators in your quarters running 24/7 supplying power when the rest of us have to light candles and it is dangerous?
All in a bid to drive DFI, our government gives you all sorts of concessions to encourage your business including loans that are hitherto not available to Nigerians and it is still dangerous?

If this is the new face of danger, I'd gladly embrace it with both arms and legs. I think people just take advantage of the warm nature of Nigerians to do the things they do. Go try it with South Africa, let us see if you'll get similar results. In all I BLAME THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT FOR NOT HAVING THE COMMON MAN'S INTEREST IN THEIR AGENDA hence all the incidents.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by indianin9ja(m): 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
Rimbaldi:

Pray tell how is it dangerous?

You people come here with next to no qualification and integrity and are given juicy corporate positions and it is dangerous?
Complete falsehood, and irrelevant to safety. If we're not qualified, then why on earth would we be hired.

Rimbaldi: You live in the most secure and affluent areas in town and it is dangerous?
We must pay a premium/penalty because in regular areas our safety cannot be guaranteed.

Rimbaldi: You are given all sorts of maidservants and the likes and it is dangerous?
Do you drive your car yourself? I bet not. You have a driver that drives you around and you treat him like sshit and it is dangerous?
You have generators in your quarters running 24/7 supplying power when the rest of us have to light candles and it is dangerous?
All in a bid to drive DFI, our government gives you all sorts of concessions to encourage your business including loans that are hitherto not available to Nigerians and it is still dangerous?
All irrelevant to safety. Plus, I don't treat my workers badly at all. They work here because they've determined that it's the best option they have.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Rimbaldi: 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
indianin9ja:
Complete falsehood, and irrelevant to safety. If we're not qualified, then why on earth would we be hired.

We must pay a premium/penalty because in regular areas our safety cannot be guaranteed.

All irrelevant to safety. Plus, I don't treat my workers badly at all. They work here because they've determined that it's the best option they have.

Yada yada! Just yapping away. Please tell me how it is dangerous for you as an asian to live in Nigeria and how much safer Nigerians are in india. Please elaborate ...and no sentiments please! Because I can see you speaking from both sides of your mouth already if I have to dig up your previous posts both on this thread and others, but for arguments' sakes I am not gonna waste that much time.

You guys are hired because our govt has this notion that anything foreign is better, little wonder they give out contracts to you asians without merit because it gives them room for inflating figures as they like. Sad thing is after you guys get the contracts, you still sublet it to Nigerians who end up executing the job. Why not give it to the Nigerian in the first place? No they wont do it all because of corruption. I have seen this particular scenario play out a number of times so I know what I'm talking about.

You are here claiming to be the best thing that happened to your workers since fried rice, but I bet they would have different stories to tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With Alake Of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo / Kwankwaso Takes Over Kano PDP As National Headquarters Dissolves State Exco / FFK: Message "Exposed" By Obi Did Not Originate From A Tinubu Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.