Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ (18189 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2013
I am half Nigerian half Indian,you guyz should just cool it down and pray for Nigeria.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by logica(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Just acting would be better than issuing threats. Throw them out already.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by solomon111(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Chai.
Nigerians are everywhere in their thousands.
India has a population of over a billion with more than half of them suffering extreme poverty with institutional and cultural racism.
What the hell are Nigerians looking for there?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by oduaboy1: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Lilimax: Keep on disturbing your self with my issue
I've aired my view and have moved on > grin
Okay one less ignorant nigerian to deal with
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Lilimax(f): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2013
odua boy: Okay one less ignorant nigerian to deal with

Stop stalking me because I wont notice you okay angry
Don't ever quote me again.

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by MichaelNwiwiri: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Do state handled immigration issues in India? Anyway are saying Nigerians should handover their original document to them?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by dasparrow: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2013
solomon111: Chai.
India has a population of over a billion with more than half of them suffering extreme poverty with institutional and cultural racism.

I ask myself the same question. India?

ugh! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Beennkumar(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2013
Present your originals and clear yourselfundecided
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2013
Beennkumar: Present your originals and clear yourselfundecided
namaste!
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Beennkumar(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2013
Shamisoo: namaste!
Namaste! Aap Kaise Hain?smiley
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2013
Beennkumar:
Namaste! Aap Kaise Hain?smiley
main hindee naheen boltee lekin main seekh rahee hoon
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by BetaThings: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2013
5columnist:
They are mostly nationalised as Nigerians. Under our laws, they cannot be tossed out.
We should be reversing that nationalisation
There are countries that don't give those things away so freely
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Sike(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by TonySpike: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2013
This year alone, many countries have decided to be expelling Nigerians because of the silly, aggressive and unwholesome behaviour of our Nationals in their countries. I don't still don't know why someone will leave his country to become a drug baron/drug lord in another man's land. It's a pity these same drug issues (and forgeries) are destroying Nigeria's name everywhere around the globe. The last time I checked the following countries are on Nigeria's neck:

(1.) KENYA
(2.) BOTSWANA
(3.) SOUTH AFRICA
(4.) MALAYSIA
(5.) SINGAPORE
(6.) CHINA
(7.) THAILAND
(8.) INDONESIA
(9.) VIETNAM
(10.) and now, INDIA

What exactly is wrong with Nigerian nationals that makes them lousy and unnecessary chest-beaters in foreign lands? My grouse with these countries is that they give out their visas to semi-illiterates who have no clear-cut business in their countries. I hope something is done fast to reduce the smearing of Nigeria's image in foreign lands. enough said...

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Beennkumar(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2013
Shamisoo: main hindee naheen boltee lekin main seekh rahee hoon
Okay. I asked, how are you?cheesy
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by BetaThings: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2013
Shamisoo: The same India u fightin for is chasing ur brothers away..
undecided
If u were Indian I'd understand!!
The guy is stating facts. He is not fighting for Indians
I don't like Indians - they are dishonest. But they are very brilliant
The former Head of Research in IMF was an Indian. He now heads a dept in University of Chicago
C K Prahalad who died about 2 years ago was a world acclaimed professor of strategy at Umich
An India heads strategy at Goldman Sachs
India is a nuclear power

Indians are many and needs to work hard to survive
But they look down on others because they have a class system
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by agohavivi(f): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2013
HAH: If there are 1 million indians in Nigeria that means 0.66 percent of Nigeria are indians

I doubt
I very much believe this statistics. Visit ilupeju, gbagada, island, apapa and other parts of lagos then you'll know that indians have a very large population in nigeria. The annoying thing is that there's acute poverty in their country while those in nigeria are betteroff. I've withnessed a number of indians at apapa hiding from immigrations for fear of being repatriated. Why should they disturb nigerians when a large number of them in this country are here illegally? Hope you arent arguing based on the last cencus figures because that, I can assure you is a farce. In all sincerity, festus odumegwu, was right
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by BetaThings: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2013
I don't like India but we have to face reality

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24772147

India's space-based 'revolution'

India is preparing to send a robotic spacecraft into orbit around Mars - a first for the country. Yogita Limaye from the BBC's India Business Report spoke to K Radhakrishnan, chair of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) - the country's space agency - about his hopes for the mission.
Q: What is the objective of India's Mars mission?

A: Essentially in this Mars mission, which we are planning, the prime objective is to demonstrate India's capability to capture the Martian orbit and then to conduct a few meaningful scientific experiments.
Q: And what are you hoping to find?

A: See, essentially when we talk about Mars and exploration of Mars, you look at life as one of those goals. So (we look for) the presence of methane in the Martian environment and see whether this methane, if it is there, has a biological origin or a geological origin. We also would like to study the Martian atmosphere and the escape processes there.
Q: Nasa's Curiosity rover has not been able to find methane. Has that in any way dented your hopes of finding it?

A: No, see Curiosity is measuring the presence of methane in a small area where it is there today. We are talking about the entire Martian environment. So Curiosity saying "no" is not a point to be worried about.

Q: So, when the spacecraft takes off from the east coast of India, what exactly will it do and how long is it expected to take?

A: Any mission to Mars has to be done in an opportune window and the imminent window is November 2013, that is we need to get out of this sphere of influence of earth by 30 November to ensure that we have the minimum distance between Earth and Mars.

Now we are launching this Mars orbiter from Sriharikota in the east coast of India in the first week of November and then the PSLV-XL (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) is used for the launch which will put this orbiter into an elliptical orbit around the Earth... then around the last week of November, we have a crucial operation, it's called the "trans-Martian injection" where the spacecraft is directed towards Mars.

Then it is a long voyage of 300 days where the orbiter spacecraft passes through the sphere of influence of the Earth... Then it goes through a long phase of heliocentric flight where the orbiter spacecraft will be influenced not only by the Sun but by the other planets too. Then as it approaches Mars... we have another major action: capturing the orbit of Mars, which is on 21st of September 2014.
Q: After that how long will it take to get the readings or get the data that you are hoping to get from there? How long will it take after September 2014?

A: Soon after the orbiter is put into the orbit of Mars, we would start the experimentation and even before this orbiter reaches the Martian environment we would be calibrating these instruments as it travels from Earth to Mars. But the most important part of it is looking at the distances involved. It takes at least 20 minutes for any signal to come from the Mars orbiter to Earth in some phases. It could be anything between four to 20 minutes one-way.
Q: Any launch by India's space organisation is greeted with a lot of excitement and a lot of pride. But there is also criticism when the country is facing an economic slowdown. It has problems with power shortages and it faces high levels of poverty and malnutrition. How would you react to this?

A: Why India has to be in the space programme is a question that has been asked over the last 50 years. The answer then, now and in the future will be: "it is for finding solutions to the problems of man and society." And in this area, India has become a role model for the whole world. Let me talk in terms of numbers.

We spend in India about a billion dollars for the space programme. If we look at the central government expenditure, we spend 0.34% of its budget for the space programme. This goes primarily for building satellites in communications and remote sensing and navigation for space applications. Nearly 35% of it goes on launch vehicle development and about 7-8% goes on the science and exploration programme. So the Mars mission we're talking about today is part of that 8% of the 0.34% of Indian central government expenditure. And if you look at the benefit that the country has accrued over the years, it has surpassed the money that has been spent in terms of tangible and intangible benefits.

[This can be expressed in terms of] the advantage that the people have got, the fishermen have got, the farmers have got, the government bodies have got for informed decision-making, the support the country has got for disaster management and by providing a communication infrastructure for this country using the INSAT satellites. Today we have nearly 10 communication satellites and 10 remote sensing satellites in orbit. This is a great revolution that has taken place over these last 50 years in the country by a meagre expenditure that has been put into the space programme.

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Beennkumar:
Okay. I asked, how are you?cheesy
I'm 1/4 indian grin grin
I'm ok thnks nd urself..

@ ur 1st post bout presenting their originals whatif they got lost or something...!
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by babaeko1: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2013
I don't know what Nija people are doing in India, if u go places like dubai, they use them like slaves and even refer to them as f*cking dirty in*****. So I fail to understand why our people are being molested in another developing country like India where they are already over a billion of them.

But then again, our leaders no give them chance. Look at the poor state of our own country self !!!!
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by TonySpike: 11:30am On Nov 05, 2013
agoha_vivi: I very much believe this statistics. Visit ilupeju, gbagada, island, apapa and other parts of lagos then you'll know that indians have a very large population in india. The annoying thing is that there's acute poverty in their country while those in nigeria are betteroff. I've withnessed some indians at apapa hiding from immigrations for fear of being repatriated. Why should they disturb nigerians when a large number of them in this country are here illegally?

Are Indians selling hard drugs in Nigeria? Are they on the streets peddling cocaine and heroine as Nigerians are doing in their countries? I don't care if there are 200 million Indians in Nigeria, as long as they respect our laws and operate within our constitution, I'm okay. What I'm totally against here is the fact that Nigerians residing in another man's country intentionally violate their laws over and over again with PRIDE and PETULANCE!!! This is the real issue here...

5 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Beennkumar(m): 11:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Shamisoo: I'm 1/4 indian grin grin
I'm ok thnks nd urself..

@ ur 1st post bout presenting their originals whatif they got lost or something...!
I'm ok too, thanks. I'm actually 1/2 indiangrin
Well, isn't there a way they could apply for another original?
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by BetaThings: 11:32am On Nov 05, 2013
solomon111: Chai.
Many things -
education, job, healthcare, business etc
Have you heard of Infosys?
http://www.infosys.com/about/Pages/history.aspx
India has many excellent (world class) doctors
If you get a degree from one of the 3 IITs, you are made
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by BetaThings: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2013
baba_eko: I don't know what Nija people are doing in India, if u go places like dubai, they use them like slaves and even refer to them as f*cking dirty in*****. So I fail to understand why our people are being molested in another developing country like India where they are already over a billion of them.

But then again, our leaders no give them chance. Look at the poor state of our own country self !!!!
Please don't confuse everyone from the region with India nationals
India, Pakistan and Bangladesh used to be the same country
So it is easy to confuse them
BTW Goa, where this matter happened would have become part of Portugal like Bakassi is part of Cameroon today
India resisted that.
It is a serious country but a lot of Indians across industries are dishonest
But a lot of them are very very bright
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by LajaLaba: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Timzy234: its when u leave Nigeria that you realise what the government has done.....i am in Uganda and i have promised never to regret being called a Nigerian....Naija be d best abeg
God bless u.Only few African countries can compete with Nigeria!Im coming home!!!!!!!!
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by solomon111(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2013
BetaThings: I don't like India but we have to face reality

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24772147

India's space-based 'revolution'

It dosen't mean shitt when you have over 700million people under extreme poverty..
Nigeria also has a space programme probably the best in africa.

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by omar22(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2013
GOA! is an area or a state (one of the richest) called Portuguese India, they are also racist to black Indians in that region

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Beennkumar:
I'm ok too, thanks. I'm actually 1/2 indiangrin
Well, isn't there a way they could apply for another original?
@bolded cool cool

I don't think there is time for them to do that now.. Give them time they will get the originals I think
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Beennkumar(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Shamisoo:
@bolded cool cool

I don't think there is time for them to do that now.. Give them time they will get the originals I think
Thank yousmiley

Maybe, a letter from the Nigerian embassy might help. I think I read somewhere that the documents would be sent to the Nigerian embassy for verification.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by pickabeau1: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Lilimax: I said it the other day a Nigerian was killed in India,
these Indians should not start a fight they cannot sustain sad

They can sustain it.. i believe

A state in India--- Uttah Prudesh is more populous than naija i hear grin

Nice that its governed by a woman,.. India is liberal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Python Dance, Crocodile Smile, Not The Solution To Agitations - Ijaw Youths. / Gbajabiamila: "Try Out Tinubu's Suggestions On National Issues" / Moves To Recharge Shrinking Lake Chad Begin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.