Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Only A Fool Says There Is No God. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. (14794 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No Other God / Only A Fool Says In His Heart That There Is No God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin ;Dthe only one I see butthurting here is you. Resorting to insults.

Nowhere in the bible did God sanction rape. Godforbid.

The verses speak for themselves. YOu can feign humor if you so wish.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 7:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, according to logicboy, God sanctioned every evil in the bible.
People don't realize the bible is a history book that records human deeds. Everything in the bible is not that pleasant to see. But it is recorded so we can see the brutality and suffering sin has caused on this world and repent to avoid the brutality and suffering to come.

Thank God you said keep. Not rape. Why is your mind so inclined against God? So every female prisoner of war is raped?
The israelite men were not even allowed into camp with their POW's until they and the POW's were cleansed outside the camp.

The israelites did not seek Gods action before forcefully carting off the virgins of jabesh gilead.
They only sought God in the war. And its obvious God wasn't in support of them, as he gave them the wrong answer twice or so.

And Gods killing is judgement. God sentences top death sometimes. He's a judge. An eternal one for that matter.

You are approbating and reprobating at the same time, which is it? You seem to disagree God sanctioned the kidnap of virgins for the purpose of mere safekeeping, and later claiming to "keep for themselves" is not rape.

Excellent, you just showed how an action -- Murder has two different faces/purpose. To God, Murder is justifiable as long as it serves as a method of punishment. And what delineates that is intent/purpose.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Hypocrite. You claim to love kids, but I've not seen a single post of yours defending the kids that are labelled witches in Nigeria. They're out of the womb, so it isn't your problem?

so because you haven't seen me defending kids labelled as witches I hate kids?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2013
i-smoke-weed:
^^^ see what this f00l is quoting? Who gave you bible self? I can't believe you actually paid for one. Holding onto something meaningless to you only emphasizes your stewpidity

I dont know what you are trying so hard to prove. You talk as if you were born into a family of atheists which if true means you are worse off than I expected. Why must you keep practicing hypocricy by keeping a bible with you as you say the book is useless to you.

You are an abnormal person hiding behind the cover of an online forum to proclaim that you are an atheist, if you are truly happy and satisfied being one why not go on NTA and broadcast

Olori buruku! Make I hear say dem no flog JESUS back into your life

Its a fact that you have multiple accounts on this forum, all the so called unbelievers that have been posting on this thread is the same person

If others do not know . . . I KNOW

Atheists are all potential ritualists and black magic users. Ungrateful people that don't know anything but claim to know everything aka F00LS

I have no sympathy for your manner of humans, Its because you haven't been at the point of death before or seen a fellow human die before your very eyes that makes you have no fear of what lies beyond.

But very soon . . .

All these from a christian. This is serious

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Kay 17:

You are approbating and reprobating at the same time, which is it? You seem to disagree God sanctioned the kidnap of virgins for the purpose of mere safekeeping, and later claiming to "keep for themselves" is not rape.

Excellent, you just showed how an action -- Murder has two different faces/purpose. To God, Murder is justifiable as long as it serves as a method of punishment. And what delineates that is intent/purpose.
hmmm. You're right shaa. God looks at the thoughts and intents of the heart. That's why looking upon one lustfully is the same as the very act before God.

Ma'am. Look at the b elow post.
aManFromMars:
God declaring judgment on a people or prophecy?

May your sister and mother be kept as spoils of war. Animal. What were they used for if not to fulfill their 5exual fantasies?. May God send you to war and ask you to keep innocent women as wives. And this is the same foool that HAS love for zygotes.

You are truly ignorant.
If that's what you think too, then you misunderstand my post.
God had just killed the israelites for engaging in sexual immorality, why would he then encourage them to rap.e and commit sexual immorality. The women were kept as spoils of war, most probably as female slaves.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: so because you haven't seen me defending kids labelled as witches I hate kids?
Of course, as a hypocrite and Yahweh slave, you're OBLIGATED to ignore the living and save the unborn. undecided

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: If that's what you think too, then you misunderstand my post.
God had just killed the israelites for engaging in sexual immorality, why would he then encourage them to rap.e and commit sexual immorality. The women were kept as spoils of war, as female slaves.
The same God that didn't encourage slavery? Omg. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2013
rationalmind:

All these from a christian. This is serious
I'm not bothered that a Christian posted that. I've learnt to expect the worst from them especially the Nigerian Pentecostal types. My only worry is she's female and might be a mother or a future one. grin grin grin

God save that pikin. cry

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
Of course, as a hypocrite and Yahweh slave, you're OBLIGATED to ignore the living and save the unborn. undecided
aManFromMars:
The same God that didn't encourage slavery? Omg. grin grin grin
when did I say God didn't encourage slavery in the old testament? The only thing I said is that slavery was different in the old days than now. A slave was like a servant who lived with you.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: when did I say God didn't encourage slavery in the old testament? The only thing I said is that slavery was different in the old days than now. A slave was like a servant who lived with you.
What else does slave mean?

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:
If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly

And in your desperation to clear a God who is unwilling to answer for his crimes, remember this

Rev. 22:18
And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book.

Careful, brah.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: hmmm. You're right shaa. God looks at the thoughts and intents of the heart. That's why looking upon one lustfully is the same as the very act before God.

God had just killed the israelites for engaging in sexual immorality, why would he then encourage them to rap.e and commit sexual immorality. The women were kept as spoils of war, most probably as female slaves.

Josh, ure simply brilliant. Just look at the bolded again.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
I'm not bothered that a Christian posted that. I've learnt to expect the worse from them especially the Nigerian Pentecostal types. My only worry is she's female and might be a mother or a future one. grin grin grin

God save that pikin. cry

Lol, and that same lady will criticise islamic terrorists like the bokoharam. If given a gun, don't you think this girl won't waste time killing all of us?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 08, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, and that same lady will criticise islamic terrorists like the bokoharam. If given a gun, don't you think this girl won't waste time killing all of us?
They are all the same. Just worship different gods.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: hmmm. You're right shaa. God looks at the thoughts and intents of the heart. That's why looking upon one lustfully is the same as the very act before God.

If you noted in the Bible, Jesus believed anger was worst than murder, because anger is the root of murder, as lust is the root of adultery and fornication. Hence cut the root and the whole tree comes tumbling down.

Jesus redefined morality away Mosaic Morals of Action to Morals of intent. In other words, intents carry the moral weight.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by peterphd(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2013
Abeg make una no slay Josh o!
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by nnofaith: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2013
@josh
just give up. there is no method to the madness in the bible. hide under "it is an allegator" or something!

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:35am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
What else does slave mean?

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:
If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly

And in your desperation to clear a God who is unwilling to answer for his crimes, remember this

Rev. 22:18
And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book.

Careful, brah.

Interpret scripture in light of other scripture.

Exodus 22:21 Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. 23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; 24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Exodus 23:9 Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Deuteronomy 10:19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

How can the same God who delivered the israelites from brutality and vexation in egypt advocate brutality and vexation to strangers?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by nnofaith: 8:37am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
I'm not bothered that a Christian posted that. I've learnt to expect the worse from them especially the Nigerian Pentecostal types. My only worry is she's female and might be a mother or a future one. grin grin grin

God save that pikin. cry
the same god that could not save the mother?!!

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: @josh
just give up. there is no method to the madness in the bible. hide under "it is an allegator" or something!
nonsense. I would rather justify God than sinful man.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by nnofaith: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Interpret scripture in light of other scripture.

Exodus 22:21 Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. 23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; 24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Exodus 23:9 Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Deuteronomy 10:19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

How can the same God who delivered the israelites from brutality and vexation in egypt advocate brutality and vexation to strangers?
that is why i said there is no method to the madness in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:45am On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: that is why i said there is no method to the madness in the bible.
and this is why I said you choose to pick out what you want to pick to justify your mockery and evil deeds.
Idolatry.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by nnofaith: 8:46am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: nonsense. I would rather justify God than sinful man.
oooh! that is so sweeeet!

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst:

And that, my friend, is for you to figure out. Maybe he had multiple personality disorder seeing he's a 3 in one being. Can be quite confusing not knowing which one of him-selfs he is talking with or through.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by nnofaith: 8:51am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: and this is why I said you choose to pick out what you want to pick to justify your mockery and evil deeds.
Idolatry.
we didnt write the bible! blame the holy spirit for the bad editing, lack of clarity and worst of all, not proof reading before publishing the BS

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

And that, my friend, is for you to figure out. Maybe he had multiple personality disorder seeing he's a 3 in one being. Can be quite confusing know which of himselfs he is talking with or through.
no, its for you to understand that God will never justify brutality. Its for you to look at scripture without your fault-finding bias.

Your accusing God the judge of evil is a waste of your time and is pretty childish if you ask me.

You're found guilty of breaking the law and you're busy trying to look for the judge's faults.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: no, its for you to understand that God will never justify brutality.
But he did. You've failed to refute those verses. Those were clear instructions from God on how to treat slaves. Was he drunk when he said that?

And Yahweh/Jesus/God is your Judge,not mine. I have nothing to do with such an arrogant confused being, especially when I consider the damage he has done to your mind. Life's too short to be a zombie like you. cool

If the judge has a problem with the way I live my life, ask him to show up himself rather than send hypocrites like who'd rather save the unborn than aid the living.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:57am On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: we didnt write the bible! blame the holy spirit for the bad editing, lack of clarity and worst of all, not proof reading before publishing the BS
the holy spirit wrote the bible, we have the holy spirit and he interprets his word for us. Yet you continually refuse to take the interpretations from us who know the author and keep trying to interpret it yourselves, falling flat on your face and embarrasing yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:59am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
But he did. You've failed to refute those verses. Those were clear instructions from God on how to treat slaves. Was he drunk when he said that?

And Yahweh/Jesus/God is your Judge,not mine. I have nothing to do with such an arrogant confused being, especially when I consider the damage he has done to your mind. Life's too short to be a zombie like you. cool

If the judge has a problem with the way I live my life, ask him to show up himself rather than send hypocrites like who'd rather save the unborn than aid the living.

I hear. Whoever wants to see truth will see truth. Who's a zombie? The one who insults and mocks others who refuses his twisted point of view?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: the holy spirit wrote the bible, we have the holy spirit and he interprets his word for us. Yet you continually refuse to take the interpretations from us who know the author and keep trying to interpret it yourselves, falling flat on your face and embarrasing yourselves.

Hahaha.. The same Holy Spirit that leads one to Trinity and the other to no Trinity? Tithes or no tithes? Text sending demons?

Keep your Holy Vodka bro.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: I hear. Whoever wants to see truth will see truth. Who's a zombie? The one who insults and mocks others who refuses his twisted point of view?

You're the zombie. In light of evidence that God can be and is evil, you choose to believe he's all goody and cherishes humans. You are the zombie. Defending the native ashawo God of the Israelites. Even the Israelites kept rejecting him because he has been and will always be useless to them.

Along comes the son of a carpenter one day claiming to be his son. Of course, they quickly hung the ignoramus on the cross despite his boasts that he would resurrect in 3 days and come back for dolts like you soon.

It took his dad 7 days to create the universe, but it's taken them 2000 years to build mansions?

Nigga, burn that Bible, go out, get a girl, get laid, have fun, enjoy your life.

I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:06am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Hahaha.. The same Holy Spirit that leads one to Trinity and the other to no Trinity? Tithes or no tithes? Text sending demons?

Keep your Holy Vodka bro.
toh. Blame the holy spirit for wrong doctrine from those who refuse to rely on him for interpretation. Which kin thing be this?
Are you not beholding how biased you are?

Come to Jesus everyone. The gates are open for you to know the truth.

and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free

Free from sin and confusion. From the pathetic cycle of trying to fault a perfect judge's law to escape his judgement.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by nnofaith: 9:06am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: the holy spirit wrote the bible, we have the holy spirit and he interprets his word for us. Yet you continually refuse to take the interpretations from us who know the author and keep trying to interpret it yourselves, falling flat on your face and embarrasing yourselves.
you know the holy spirit? please tell him he needs to recall the bible for proof reading!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Evolution 101 / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin‎ Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.