Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Only A Fool Says There Is No God. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. (14795 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No Other God / Only A Fool Says In His Heart That There Is No God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

Yes o...my mum is even Christian and she tries to force me to church. Last month, I had a debate with one winners evangelist when I revealed I left christianity for Yoruba paganism.

The guy might even convert to ATR soon

Lol, the same with my mum. She'll most likely faint if she knows I'm an atheist now. I don't even know how to confront her with it. But does ur mum know you practise ATR?

@op, hope we r not derailing your thread....sorry bro
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
texanomaly:

I'd like to do some research on different types of paganism in Nigeria. Can you suggest a good place to start?

Paganism is synonymous with culture, traditions and language.
It's part of the ethnicity of the people.
So to learn paganism from various ethnic groups in Nigeria, you would have to visit a local worship site and interview a traditionalist.

And most Nigerian Paganic religions are very similar like Yoruba, Edo and Isekiri are so close with just few differences(mostly in names of deities), the vodun and anago religion of Togo and Benin are also regarded as same religion.

However If u are Nigerian I suggest u start with Your own Paganic religion, the religion of your ancestors.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, the same with my mum. She'll most likely faint if she knows I'm an atheist now. I don't even know how to confront her with it. But does ur mum know you practise ATR?

@op, hope we r not derailing your thread....sorry bro

She knows am no longer a Christian, but doesn't know about my revert to ancestral spirituality, though she knows my fathers lineage is devoted to Orunmila

funny thing is that my mum believes am the reincarnation of her Father grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kay 17:

What is the moral status of rape and murder OR do you think action can not be moral but the roots of such action, namely intents are truely moral
How can rap.e be done morally? I'm hoping I am misunderstanding this post.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:43am On Nov 07, 2013
texanomaly:

I'd like to do some research on different types of paganism in Nigeria.

why?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 12:48am On Nov 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

why?
Why not? It sounds fascinating.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 6:10am On Nov 07, 2013
texanomaly:

In simpler words, is rape immoral or the intent behind immoral
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Kay17, please put your question in a better way. Rape is bad. Molestation is bad. Once atheists understand that morality has absolutes, then they cease to become atheists.
The absolutes of morality are not "evolved" or "reasoned", they are even noticed in babes who cannot reason yet.

@macof. Stop decieving yourself.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Kay 17:

In simpler words, is rape immoral or the intent behind immoral

You are going to confuse the christian. To them, an act and the intent are the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: Kay17, please put your question in a better way. Rape is bad. Molestation is bad. Once atheists understand that morality has absolutes, then they cease to become atheists.
The absolutes of morality are not "evolved" or "reasoned", they are even noticed in babes who cannot reason yet.

Can you expantiate on the bolded?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by macof(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: Kay17, please put your question in a better way. Rape is bad. Molestation is bad. Once atheists understand that morality has absolutes, then they cease to become atheists.

undecided are u ok?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2013
texanomaly:

When god ordered the rape of war captives, was that immoral?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by jayriginal: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2013
bolaino:

[size=14pt]Sir, I have thrown away every form of rational thinking in my life . . .

So if having faith and believing in God is irrational, I want to be the most irrational and most illogical human being in the world . . .[/size]

Thread Closed !!!

6 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You are going to confuse the christian. To them, an act and the intent are the same thing.

Alfa, I'm confused myself n I'm not a christian. Can molestation be immoral and the intent behind it moral? How can the intent be moral? Maybe you help me explain it better.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 07, 2013
macof: undecided are u ok?

Hehehehe grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 07, 2013
who is this antispambot
banned me for no reason.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:33am On Nov 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

hatred is as good as murder. Looking upon one lustfully is as good as commiting the act of fornication or adultry.
God sees the thoughts and intents of the heart. So you are correct in a way. The intent is as immoral and guilty as the act itself.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2013
bolaino: Greetings to my brethren here on nairaland, may the blessings of the lord be with you now and always, may the good lord give you the strength and courage to fight in this last battle,

Brethren I believe you are all famillier with the prophecies in the bible about the end of the world, unfortunately for satan and his disciples these things are coming to pass, the armageddon that our brother obadiah777 has been preaching about is finally here, but there are issues that I would like to explain more about subsequently,

This is for all my brethren who do not believe in God, I want u to know that indeed there is God, I never thought I would ever preach the gospel of jesus, because I like the apostle paul persecuted christians both here on nairaland and in the real world, but after the lord visited me like he visited the apostle paul, I was humbled by the grace of our lord God jehovah, the lord is indeed real, my life is enough testimony for the existence of God, everyday when I wake up, I postrate before my creator in heaven and worship him.

I want to plead with my atheist brethren, God loves u so much, more than u can ever imagine, muskeetoo, logicboy, plaethon, folykaze etc, all of you both the people I could not mention their names, the lord loves each and every one of you, and the lord is calling you to come back home, indeed I now understand why the holy bible says only a fool says there is no God, don't be fools, because if the holy bible, a book inspired of God calls you a fool, then you are a fool indeed, and u should kneel down and beg God for forgiveness,

but if you accept jesus into your life, the lord will give you more wisdom than he gave king solomon, and anyone who the son of man shall set free is free indeed. It is not too late for you guys, the lord is standing at the door of your hearts and knocking, allow him in, christianity is not difficult or full of contradictions like the devil has made people to believe, those are all lies from the master deceiver the master of all lies, come back home my brethren before it is too late, the kingdom of God has come.

I shall not seize in praying for all of you, both christians and non christians, God is God of love, he loves everybody, irrespective of your religion, race, tribe, etc, he created all of us and we are his children, so he doesn't want us to be destroyed with satan on the last day, he wants us to have everlasting life, no be 2045 project kind of immortality, the lord wants us to have everlasting life, filled with happiness and joy,

It is well with you my brethren, the lord will show himself more to us in this endtime. I love you all with the love of christ.

Shallom
I think I have seen something similar in the islam section.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Tgirl4real(f): 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
rationalmind:

No sis, its not hypocritical. I agree with the dude. It sometimes happens to me too. It happens unconsciously. There are times while I'm talking with my friends I say "na God go help person". They start laughing immediately asking me which God. Its then I realise what I just said. Its not hypocrisy. Its just what uve been conditioned to say.

I'm trying hard to stop it anyway

Well, I don't agree. It's ur subconsciousness agreeing with what is right. tongue

I believe you were created with the knowledge of God in your spirit. I pray you come to the realisation of who you are before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by wiegraf: 10:01am On Nov 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Alfa, I'm confused myself n I'm not a christian. Can molestation be immoral and the intent behind it moral? How can the intent be moral? Maybe you help me explain it better.

My take on it, as already pointed out by alfa, xtians consider the ra.pe in the bible good, no?

Their intentions honest, another example of religious beliefs making otherwise 'good' (but there's no such thing as absolute good, never will be) people do bad things. Actually, only sociopaths don't have honest intentions, but even their actions could be justified depending on the value system, and value systems are subjective.

Most of those brides forced into marriage, say amongst say muslims and their child brides, they don't exactly get in se.x with gusto. The intentions of the 'legal' ra.pist (aka husband) are honest though, no?

Or even say political reasons, you ever seen GOT? Tyrion, the dwarf, should have gone on and ra.ped, more or else, his sweet 13 year old bride on their wedding night. It would have been the sensible thing to do in order to protect his and his family's legacy*. And that $hit was common practice through the middle ages, you don't even want to get started on say japan. You had to tear the leather in order to forge blood bonds. As tyrion didn't consummate the marriage, he might have now caused the death of thousands lives in war.

etc etc

* Indeed, he was a bit of a hypocrite there with not rap.ing her, as he more or else ra.pes someone else later...oops, spoiler? Not really, nothing major. A side note many don't even notice, and guess what? He still remains a staunch favorite after it's pointed out to them. Relativity. But it was, undeniably, ra.pe, just with a pretty face. He might have been sympathetic, but bottom line is he was screwing a woman who really didn't want to participate but had little say in the matter, and he knew it.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Tgirl4real(f): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

When god ordered the rape of war captives, was that immoral?

When did god order the rape of war captives?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 07, 2013
God is meant for weak souls,those who are scared to make major life decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:12am On Nov 07, 2013
When did christians consider rape good?

When has the bible agreed with rape?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2013
The so called "Gods" of the bible weren't perfect beings themselves. They later evolved into realising humans should be left with their fate. A being who claims to have free will doesn't need a God,does it?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 07, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Well, I don't agree. It's ur subconsciousness agreeing with what is right. tongue

I believe you were created with the knowledge of God in your spirit. I pray you come to the realisation of who you are before it's too late.

Lol, let's see how far my subconscious can go in agreeing with what is "right" cos I barely say it these days unlike when I just became an atheist.

I also pray you come to the realisation of what is right before its too late. grin
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ismokeweed1(f): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2013
rationalmind:

What r u saying? I surrendered my life to God for 23 good years all to no avail

You should have died first before becoming tired

Since you are looking for a God that will give you gold and silver

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: When did christians consider rape good?

When has the bible agreed with rape?

I guess even if I show you in your Bible, you'll find a way it to explain it away.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ismokeweed1(f): 10:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: sorry, what made you choose atheism?

After twenty something years of being a christian he was converted by a drunken racist in a bar in UK

It was as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Ishilove: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
Ah Jesus, don't you people ever get tired of arguing?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
wiegraf:

My take on it, as already pointed out by alfa, xtians consider the ra.pe in the bible good, no?

Their intentions honest, another example of religious beliefs making otherwise 'good' (but there's no such thing as absolute good, never will be) people do bad things. Actually, only sociopaths don't have honest intentions, but even their actions could be justified depending on the value system, and value systems are subjective.

Most of those brides forced into marriage, say amongst say muslims and their child brides, they don't exactly get in se.x with gusto. The intentions of the 'legal' ra.pist (aka husband) are honest though, no?

Or even say political reasons, you ever seen GOT? Tyrion, the dwarf, should have gone on and ra.ped, more or else, his sweet 13 year old bride on their wedding night. It would have been the sensible thing to do in order to protect his and his family's legacy*. And that $hit was common practice through the middle ages, you don't even want to get started on say japan. You had to tear the leather in order to forge blood bonds. As tyrion didn't consummate the marriage, he might have now caused the death of thousands lives in war.

etc etc

* Indeed, he was a bit of a hypocrite there with not rap.ing her, as he more or else ra.pes someone else later...oops, spoiler? Not really, nothing major. A side note many don't even notice, and guess what? He still remains a staunch favorite after it's pointed out to them. Relativity. But it was, undeniably, ra.pe, just with a pretty face. He might have been sympathetic, but bottom line is he was screwing a woman who really didn't want to participate but had little say in the matter, and he knew it.

Ooh, thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I fully get it. The example on child marriages explained it best.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 07, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

After twenty something years of being a christian he was converted by a drunken racist in a bar in UK

It was as simple as that

How does one reply someone like this? Can anybody help?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ismokeweed1(f): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2013
rationalmind:

Psalm 14:1
1 Only fools say in their hearts,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their actions are evil;
not one of them does good!

Do you agree that the bible is in your own words unproductive wrt this verse?

Its a well known fact that only fools don't believe in God

Even satan, babalawo, kiddnappers, robbers, ATHEISTS etc all know there is a God

BUT FOOLS DONT

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Evolution 101 / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin‎ Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.