Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Only A Fool Says There Is No God. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. (14801 Views)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / Only A Fool Says There Is No Other God / Only A Fool Says In His Heart That There Is No God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: When did christians consider rape good?

When has the bible agreed with rape?

I enjoyed Wiegraf's explanation and there is no better example, than to draw some examples/quiz from the bible.

Josh and texa both believe rap.e is an absolute evil, yet if God orders molestation, as in Judges 21 verses 12 and 19 - 23.

Smae with Numbers 31, 17 - 18. Note that pious men obey regardless of what is demanded from them same as Abraham.

My point is simply, an action can have two sides which is contrary to the universal morality.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by MrTroll(m): 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
texanomaly:
What is that face for?

I said I'm good, and I miss you...what did I do?
that was a smiley. . . Look at it from behind.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kay 17:

I enjoyed Wiegraf's explanation and there is no better example, than to draw some examples/quiz from the bible.

Josh and texa both believe rap.e is an absolute evil, yet if God orders molestation, as in Judges 21 verses 12 and 19 - 23.

Smae with Numbers 31, 17 - 18. Note that pious men obey regardless of what is demanded from them same as Abraham.

My point is simply, an action can have two sides which is contrary to the universal morality.
smh. Double smh.
you read scripture with a biased mind, with the aim of discrediting God. Here're the passages:

Judges 21:12 Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found 400 young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.
...19 Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, south of Lebonah and north of Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. 20 They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, “Go and hide in the vineyards. 21 When you see the young women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to the land of Benjamin to be your wife!

22 And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, ‘Please be sympathetic. Let them have your daughters, for we didn’t find wives for all of them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not actually give your daughters to them in marriage.’”

23 So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. Each man caught one of the women as she danced in the celebration and carried her off to be his wife. They returned to their own land, and they rebuilt their towns and lived in them.

Please where in the above scripture did God sanction rape?. God did not tell them to do this. This is scripture:
6 In those days Israel had no king; all the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes.

Numbers 23:18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

How did God order rape?
God never ordered rape and he never will.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by MrTroll(m): 12:01am On Nov 08, 2013
how many times will I give up sef

cry cry cry cry
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Timmytimmy: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2013
[/quote]
[quote]
Just wanted to say 1 thing.....with everything around u so called atheists....u still believe there is no God.Saying the human brain wasn't designed but "happend"because of evolution is like saying a dictionary was produced after an explosion in the a paper industry.....When u see 7cups aligned in a single row,u already know dat there is an orderer,when u see a rolls royce car engine,u knw dere must b a creator....yet,u belive d universe is an accident!!!with all it's grandness and design....I want u all to knw 1 thing and I'll lyk u to admit with me,it takes as much faith to be an atheist as it takes to be a Theist.I dare all of u saying there is no God.Go to your rooms,close the door behind u and just ask God to reveal Himself to you.Do this if you're not scared!!I rest my case here knowing I have no power to convince you,only God will!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Timmytimmy: 1:21am On Nov 08, 2013
If you're not just being prejudicial......Plssss read this book"A case for Christ by Lee Strobel".....it's a converted agnostic lawyer's investigation and report(D book was written with an open mind).....D book's really powerful.....You can also read "one heartbeat away by Mark Cahill"
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Timmytimmy: 1:34am On Nov 08, 2013
Yes I also agree that love would be found in nature

But if you want to say the supposed creator is in totality the definition of love, then we can also say:
It is God's love that has made millions to starve in Africa.
It is God's love that cause earthquakes and tsunamis which kill thousands yearly.
It's also God's love that allowed Africans to be slaves
I could go on and on you know.[/quote]

We live in a broken and fractured creation,take it or leave it.That's why we all have a sense of justice,this sense and desire for justice cannot be quenched by the petty justice here on earth.That's why Heaven is there......Any other question?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by MrTroll(m): 1:39am On Nov 08, 2013
@timmy, do you honestly think you are making sense? undecided

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Timmytimmy: 1:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Pls......we all learn,tell me how I'm nt making sense @Troll.....and I'll put myself in order,tanx cheesy
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by MrTroll(m): 1:55am On Nov 08, 2013
Timmytimmy: Pls......we all learn,tell me how I'm nt making sense @Troll.....and I'll put myself in order,tanx cheesy
Mr Troll: do you honestly think you are making sense? undecided
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 2:06am On Nov 08, 2013
@ Josh
Thanks for looking up that scripture reference. I hadn't gotten there yet.
I too was uneasy with the molestation
accusation.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst is already a slow person....no need to waste my time on him.

This abortion debate pains me because christians talk about real life based on a book rather than basing it on the outcomes in reality.

Texanomaly, while you are being praised bEcause of ur liberal views on abortion, youi are only halfway there.

Abortion is a womans right. Just because u dont want to do something, it doesnt gove u the right to force others not to do it.

The simple argument for abortion is that it is better for a woman to abort a foetus which is only a potential human, than for the woman to live with a child that she will put in hardship and probably kill due to her inability to raise the child.

Jst look at africa.....women having children that later die of starvation.

Texanomaly belives that its better for the children to wonder abouit starving to death rather than a mother aborting a 3 week feotus.

There is a woman who killed her child in the usa so that she could party. She got away woth the crime because of the difficulty of lack of proper evidence. She never wanted to have the baby but after being forced not to have an abortion, she killed the infant.

Btw, only a tool would compare abortion to the nazi holocaust

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 08, 2013
texanomaly: @ Josh
Thanks for looking up that scripture reference. I hadn't gotten there yet.
I too was uneasy with the molestation
accusation.

What about lot who gave his daugjters to Hot strangers? LOt was regarded as a holy man by God

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by texanomaly(f): 2:54am On Nov 08, 2013
Logicboy03: Joshthefirst is already a slow person....no need to waste my time on him.

This abortion debate pains me because christians talk about real life based on a book rather than basing it on the outcomes in reality.

Texanomaly, while you are being praised bEcause of ur liberal views on abortion, youi are only halfway there.

Abortion is a womans right. Just because u dont want to do something, it doesnt gove u the right to force others not to do it.

The simple argument for abortion is that it is better for a woman to abort a foetus which is only a potential human, than for the woman to live with a child that she will put in hardship and probably kill due to her inability to raise the child.

Texanomaly belives that its better for the children to wonder abouit starving to death rather than a mother aborting a 3 week feotus.

There is a woman who killed her child in the usa so that she could party. She got away woth the crime because of the difficulty of lack of proper evidence. She never wanted to have the baby but after being forced not to have an abortion, she killed the infant.

Don't get too excited. The post got lost because it was too long. Somehow I ended up just quoting with no post. I'm at work, and don't have time to rectify this. Never fear. I will correct my error ASAP. wink tongue

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 08, 2013
Zechariah 14:1-2 ESV
Behold, a day is coming for the Lord, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14
“When you draw near to a city to fight against it, offer terms of peace to it. And if it responds to you peaceably and it opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall do forced labor for you and shall serve you. But if it makes no peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. And when the Lord your God gives it into your hand, you shall put all its males to the sword, but the women and the little ones, the livestock, and everything else in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as plunder for yourselves. And you shall enjoy the spoil of your enemies, which the Lord your God has given you.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ismokeweed1(f): 4:40am On Nov 08, 2013
^^^ see what this f00l is quoting? Who gave you bible self? I can't believe you actually paid for one. Holding onto something meaningless to you only emphasizes your stewpidity

I dont know what you are trying so hard to prove. You talk as if you were born into a family of atheists which if true means you are worse off than I expected. Why must you keep practicing hypocricy by keeping a bible with you as you say the book is useless to you.

You are an abnormal person hiding behind the cover of an online forum to proclaim that you are an atheist, if you are truly happy and satisfied being one why not go on NTA and broadcast

Olori buruku! Make I hear say dem no flog JESUS back into your life

Its a fact that you have multiple accounts on this forum, all the so called unbelievers that have been posting on this thread is the same person

If others do not know . . . I KNOW

Atheists are all potential ritualists and black magic users. Ungrateful people that don't know anything but claim to know everything aka F00LS

I have no sympathy for your manner of humans, Its because you haven't been at the point of death before or seen a fellow human die before your very eyes that makes you have no fear of what lies beyond.

But very soon . . .

3 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 08, 2013
And ur supposed to be a lady?

Donate your womb please if it's still there. You'll make a horrible mother. grin grin

Tpia younger sister. cry

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by ezme(m): 6:04am On Nov 08, 2013
i-smoke-weed:
^^^ see what this f00l is quoting? Who gave you bible self? I can't believe you actually paid for one. Holding onto something meaningless to you only emphasizes your stewpidity

I dont know what you are trying so hard to prove. You talk as if you were born into a family of atheists which if true means you are worse off than I expected. Why must you keep practicing hypocricy by keeping a bible with you as you say the book is useless to you.

You are an abnormal person hiding behind the cover of an online forum to proclaim that you are an atheist, if you are truly happy and satisfied being one why not go on NTA and broadcast

Olori buruku! Make I hear say dem no flog JESUS back into your life

Its a fact that you have multiple accounts on this forum, all the so called unbelievers that have been posting on this thread is the same person

If others do not know . . . I KNOW

Atheists are all potential ritualists and black magic users. Ungrateful people that don't know anything but claim to know everything aka F00LS

I have no sympathy for your manner of humans, Its because you haven't been at the point of death before or seen a fellow human die before your very eyes that makes you have no fear of what lies beyond.

But very soon . . .

Post like this reaffirms my stance that religion is for the fickle-minded individuals.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 08, 2013
ezme:

Post like this reaffirms my stance that religion is for the fickle-minded individuals.
No attempt to explain the verses I posted. Just butthurt, lots of it.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Kay17: 6:50am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. Double smh.
you read scripture with a biased mind, with the aim of discrediting God. Here're the passages:

Judges 21:12 Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found 400 young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.
...19 Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, south of Lebonah and north of Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. 20 They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, “Go and hide in the vineyards. 21 When you see the young women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to the land of Benjamin to be your wife!

22 And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, ‘Please be sympathetic. Let them have your daughters, for we didn’t find wives for all of them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not actually give your daughters to them in marriage.’”

23 So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. Each man caught one of the women as she danced in the celebration and carried her off to be his wife. They returned to their own land, and they rebuilt their towns and lived in them.

Please where in the above scripture did God sanction rape?. God did not tell them to do this. This is scripture:
6 In those days Israel had no king; all the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes.

Numbers 23:18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

How did God order rape?
God never ordered rape and he never will.

If you had read from the beginning of Joshua 21, you wld have discovered that the Israelites consulted with God (by throwing lots), prior to taking their further actions.

The 400 virgins from Jabesh gilead, were captives and are to be married obviously forcefully.

In the Midianite raid, Numbers 23, Moses speaking on behalf of God as he had always done, ordered the Israelites to raid and destroy the Midianites, kill off the population and preserve virgins girls amongst them. And KEEP the virgins for themselves. Ie virgins are items of use.

At least murder in your eyes is an absolute evil.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2013
Logicboy03: Joshthefirst is already a slow person....no need to waste my time on him.

you don't know how much this pains my heart, not because you mocked me, but because you support giving a woman the freedom to murder her child. You don't support giving a child the chance to live.
So if a woman cannot care for the baby, she can't find someone else who can? She should just kill?do you value human life?
See the pitiful example you gave.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

What about lot who gave his daugjters to Hot strangers? LOt was regarded as a holy man by God
yes, according to logicboy, God sanctioned every evil in the bible.
People don't realize the bible is a history book that records human deeds. Everything in the bible is not that pleasant to see. But it is recorded so we can see the brutality and suffering sin has caused on this world and repent to avoid the brutality and suffering to come.

Kay 17:

If you had read from the beginning of Joshua 21, you wld have discovered that the Israelites consulted with God (by throwing lots), prior to taking their further actions.

The 400 virgins from Jabesh gilead, were captives and are to be married obviously forcefully.

In the Midianite raid, Numbers 23, Moses speaking on behalf of God as he had always done, ordered the Israelites to raid and destroy the Midianites, kill off the population and preserve virgins girls amongst them. And KEEP the virgins for themselves. Ie virgins are items of use.

At least murder in your eyes is an absolute evil.
Thank God you said keep. Not rape. Why is your mind so inclined against God? So every female prisoner of war is raped?
The israelite men were not even allowed into camp with their POW's until they and the POW's were cleansed outside the camp.

The israelites did not seek Gods action before forcefully carting off the virgins of jabesh gilead.
They only sought God in the war. And its obvious God wasn't in support of them, as he gave them the wrong answer twice or so.

And Gods killing is judgement. God sentences top death sometimes. He's a judge. An eternal one for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars: Zechariah 14:1-2 ESV
Behold, a day is coming for the Lord, when the spoil taken from you will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14
“When you draw near to a city to fight against it, offer terms of peace to it. And if it responds to you peaceably and it opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall do forced labor for you and shall serve you. But if it makes no peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. And when the Lord your God gives it into your hand, you shall put all its males to the sword, but the women and the little ones, the livestock, and everything else in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as plunder for yourselves. And you shall enjoy the spoil of your enemies, which the Lord your God has given you.

yours as usual is another case of quoting the bible out of context. I don't think you've ever read the bible, you just went through it to pick out verses to support your worldview. That's idolatry you know, trying to create a false image of God that's fits your choice of denying, rejecting and mocking him comfortably.
Welldone. We will all see the real image of God in judgement.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: yours as usual is another case of quoting the bible out of context. I don't think you've ever read the bible, you just went through it to pick out verses to support your worldview. That's idolatry you know, trying to create a false image of God that's fits your choice of denying, rejecting and mocking him comfortably.

Show how I quoted it out of context, you ignorant liar. Motherfucking slave.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: yours as usual is another case of quoting the bible out of context. I don't think you've ever read the bible, you just went through it to pick out verses to support your worldview. That's idolatry you know, trying to create a false image of God that's fits your choice of denying, rejecting and mocking him comfortably.
\

And btw, you're proof that only fools believe in God, not the other way round.

Enjoy your butthurt. The verses I posted speak for themselves.

Joshthefirst: When did christians consider rape good?

When has the bible agreed with rape?

aManFromMars: I guess even if I show you in your Bible, you'll find a way it to explain it away.

For once, you ignore the text and cast aspersions on my character. Goot, goot, we're getting somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: you don't know how much this pains my heart, not because you mocked me, but because you support giving a woman the freedom to murder her child. You support giving a child the chance to live.
So if a woman cannot care for the baby, she can't find someone else who can? She should just kill?do you value human life?
See the pitiful example you gave.

And if the woman is poor with no relatives to take care of the baby? What if she lives in a place with poorly run orphanages?

Adoption and orphamages are other options but they arent avalable always.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:21am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Show how I quoted it out of context, you ignorant liar. Motherfucking slave.
now you resort to insults.

The first part you quoted, zachariah, was a prophecy of what would happen. God was simply giving record of the future. How does that sanction rape?

The second part is similar to the issue in numbers. Women were kept as spoils of war. Would you rather they killed them? Where is rape mentioned in that scripture.
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: now you resort to insults.

The first part you quoted, zachariah, was a prophecy of what would happen. God was simply giving record of the future. How does that sanction rape?

The second part is similar to the issue in numbers. Women were kept as spoils of war. Would you rather they killed them? Where is rape mentioned in that scripture.
God declaring judgment on a people or prophecy?

May your sister and mother be kept as spoils of war. Animal. What were they used for if not to fulfill their 5exual fantasies?. May God send you to war and ask you to keep innocent women as wives. And this is the same foool that HAS love for zygotes.

You are truly ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:25am On Nov 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

And if the woman is poor with no relatives to take care of the baby? What if she lives in a place with poorly run orphanages?

Adoption and orphamages are other options but they arent avalable always.
poorly run orphanages is a reason to kill the child? They aren't available always so she should kill the child? Do you value human life?
I thought you'd rather be poor than be dead.
Why should killing the child be the first resort or even be considered?
Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by chuks5552: 7:28am On Nov 08, 2013
Truly God exists,these ain't my words,rather,the word of a neurosurgeon who journeyed into the afterlife for 7 days gave us full details of encounter with the ruler of the universe read his full store here.http://nairamegashop.com/
index.php?
id_product=54&controller=prod

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 08, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Why should killing the child be the first resort or even be considered?

Hypocrite. You claim to love kids, but I've not seen a single post of yours defending the kids that are labelled witches in Nigeria. They're out of the womb, so it isn't your problem?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Says There Is No God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars: \

And btw, you're proof that only fools believe in God, not the other way round.

Enjoy your butthurt. The verses I posted speak for themselves.

For once, you ignore the text and cast aspersions on my character. Goot, goot, we're getting somewhere.
grin grin the only one I see butthurting here is you. Resorting to insults.

Nowhere in the bible did God sanction rape. God forbid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? / What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo? / Onaiyekan Hands Over To Ignatius Kaigama As Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.