Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39148 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 11:54am On Nov 21, 2013
edgideon: please you all should read, MATTHEW 24:14,AS YOU ALL CAN SEE ONLY THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PREACH (WHEN I SAY PREACH I MEAN COME TO YOUR HOMES WITH A BIBLE N COME BACK TO EXPLAIN NOT JUST INVITING YOU TO A MIRACLE DISPLAYING OCCASION )FROM DOOR TO DOOR, THEY NEVER USE PREACHING AS A PUNISHMENT LIKE SOME CHURCHES DO, THE BIBLE SAYS CHRISTIANS SHOULD B NO PART OF THE WORLD APART FROM WITNESSES WHO CAN FIT THIS DEFINITION, THEY ARE THE TRUE RELIGION. INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO BLASPHEMY,WHY DON'T YOU INVITE THEM TO YOUR HOMES AND ASK REASONABLE QUESTIONS,OR GO TO www.jw.org under the FAQs you'll see what you need to see
does dt make u authentic? Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by thinkdip(m): 12:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ishsoph: You are just opposite of your name! U mean after u lied on the bible in Isaiah 9:6 that Jesus is almighty God and TruGUNN went out of the way to prove u a liar with several quotations from the bible all u could come up with is the above? The prophesy of Isaiah quoted by Jesus at Mathew 13:14 "...and toward them(the pharisees) the prophesy of Isaiah is having fullfilment, whch says, 'by hearing you will hear but by no means get the sense of it, and, looking, you will look but by no means see. For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back, and I heal them'" couldnt hav had a better fullfilment in ur case. Pathetic!
I actually thought u are a christian but know i know what's the issue...it was never your fault. just study your bible by your self...
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
hardbody:

From my interactions, I will request you kindly answer these few simple questions or forever STFU.

Was there a time when there was no God because He was Dead

When Jesus was baptized who said this is my son and who was the voice referring to

Before his death Jesus said, father forgive them...who was he referring to
When he said he could ask his father for myriads of angels to help avoid his arrest on the night he was taken away, who was the father

There are several other instances but just furnish answers to these

Answering your questions:

1, The Christian God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is three in one. Human being was made in God’s Image.
There was never a time when there was no God because when Christ was death, He was still in charge, according to the bible Christ descended into hell to liberate the souls in there.
There was never a time when there was no God because when the body of a man sleeps, the man is till there and still exists. (man is made of Spirit, Soul and body). So when the spirit is sleeping the man is still there. Christ rose from the death and returned to His Glory.

2, When Christ was baptized the father said this is my beloved Son. It was God the father that said that.
You can liken God the father as the soul of man.
ie For God: For Man:
God the Father, ------------------- Soul of Man,
God the Son (Jesus Christ), ------ Man’s body man’s flesh (The visible body),
God the Holy Spirit----------------- Spirit of man

3, Jesus always refer to God the father as “Father” because that's the best way man can understand His personality, if you understand what “I am the Son of God” imply you will also understand what “My Father” mean.
John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Let me say something here, If you know that your son is a human being then just know that God’s Son is God. Otherwise your son may be goat or monkey.

When Jesus call God His Father they and when He say He is the Son of God they try to kill him because they understand that He is telling them that He is God. John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: does dt make u authentic? Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You are liaying,
I do house to house preaching, even though that does not make one true Christian. Satan can equeally do house to house preaching.
The important thing here is what does the person preach.
Satan is always in the bussiness of converting soul to hell fire, Satan has also made his savants to go for house to house preaching.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: ur post is pointless. Jesus came to preach salvation 2ru believe in him and living a holy life and nt useless philosophies u are spreading about God. Jesus is d way, d truth and d light. no one cum to d father except 2ru him. ds is just d simple massege u are send to preach nt philosophies.

Please am interested in the bolded.
Who is this "father" we must come through Jesus?
(note: am not disputing that bible quotation)
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

You are liaying,
I do house to house preaching, even though that does not make one true Christian. Satan can equeally do house to house preaching.
The important thing here is what does the person preach.
Satan is always in the bussiness of converting soul to hell fire, Satan has also made his savants to go for house to house preaching.
so u cnt justify ursef by preaching alone then. b4 u remove d dust in another person eye pls remove d log in ur eye 2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lightening:

Pls read John 1vs 1. There is no other name given whereby we might be saved (Acts 4v12). At the mention of that name every knee in heaven, on earth and under the earth bows.
Pls check.if they are in your own bible.These are deep.revelations that defies carnal argument.

The knees that would be bent does not include the knees of God Almighty, the father exalting Jesus shows that Jesus was taken from a previous lower position and then exalted to a new level, but the father that exalted him did not now take Jesus to his own position neither did he put Jesus above himself.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ishsoph:

Please am interested in the bolded.
Who is this "father" we must come through Jesus?
(note: am not disputing that bible quotation)
here u go again. ask me how u cn b bornagain and serve God faithfully so dt u cn see God. John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. STOP asking dt philosophical question of who is d father. John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? d question u asked is nt d weightier matter
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Kcfun(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
if they have work to do,they would't going from one house to another.

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Demath(m): 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
adsonstone:

Italo, face the truth.

Has any witness visited you to teach you any of the above?
If they haven't, I think you don't need to bring up these things.

Its not different from when a non-catholic brings up some 'amazing facts' in the history of the catholic church and condemn you guys with that.
slowpoke,he who hate a congregation that belongs to god is 4biden b4 d Lord,u are not God,so judge nobody/ppl of God
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: so u cnt justify ursef by preaching alone then. b4 u remove d dust in another person eye pls remove d log in ur eye 2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
I'm only responding to your comments,
Don't think that JW house to house preaching has anything to do that they are doing Christian God's work. JW are helping Satan to convert souls to hellfire. They do this unknowingly. You cannot be born again until you acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. And that He died for your sin. JW does not preach any of these.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

JW preach none of these.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:

The knees that would be bent does not include the knees of God Almighty, the father exalting Jesus shows that Jesus was taken from a previous lower position and then exalted to a new level, but the father that exalted him did not now take Jesus to his own position neither did he put Jesus above himself.

The Bible said the name was exalted above every other name. " Any name you can think of is name". including the name Jehova." You cannot ask why.
That is why we must call upon the name of the Lord to be saved.
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is the name that when you call upon every knee must bow. This is the highest name for Christians now.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

The Bible said the name was exalted above every other name. " Any name you can think of is name". including the name Jehova." You cannot ask why.

This is the name that when you call upon every knee must bow. This is the highest name for Christians now.

While it's true Christ is key for salvation (John 17:3) and JWs preach this and imitate Christ's example of preaching as Christ commanded, that does not make Christ greater than his Father Jehovah who sent him.

You do realize it's Jehovah that exalted and gave Christ the exalted name- and the Bible clearly says Jehovah is still above Christ.

Phillipians 2:9 - "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name".

1 Cor 15: 25-28: "For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all".

So, according to the Bible, Christ in his exalted position was below God. He continued subordinate to God.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by jose10(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
The answer is very simple; its just becos they are christ followers people hate them cos they preach the truth... They preached exactly what its written in the bible unlike other denominations. That's why jesus said that the world will hate all who are his followers just has he's been hated... It's not new to us cos is a fulfilment of a bible prophesy...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
I can see reasons why jw refuses to involve in war and many churches support killing of millions in world war and civil wars around the world. Churches are vampires drinking the blood of their members by promoting satan kingdom. Very God kingdom will destroy satan world and churches supporting it. Dan 2:44.
Ozichim:
I'm only responding to your comments,
Don't think that JW house to house preaching has anything to do that they are doing Christian God's work. JW are helping Satan to convert souls to hellfire. They do this unknowingly. You cannot be born again until you acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. And that He died for your sin. JW does not preach any of these.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

JW preach none of these.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
TroGunn:

While it's true Christ is key for salvation (John 17:3) and JWs preach this and imitate Christ's example of preaching as Christ commanded, that does not make Christ greater than his Father Jehovah who sent him.

You do realize it's Jehovah that exalted and gave Christ the exalted name- and the Bible clearly says Jehovah is still above Christ.

Phillipians 2:9 - "Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name".

1 Cor 15: 25-28: "For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all".

So, according to the Bible, Christ in his exalted position was below God. He continued subordinate to God.
Don't misunderstand the thing, When you reference Jesus Christ you are actually referencing God (the same person). That is why if you honor Jesus you are honoring the Father.

NB: God does not share His Glory with any man or anybody

JW doesn’t honor the Father because they don’t honor the Son.

If Christ is the one reigning now then does it mean that Christ is above God now;
ie So until Christ has finished conquering every enemy including death, Christ is equal/above God.
Or for now Christ is not under God or is above God until the last enemy is distroyed; see yourself.

That place (1 Cir 15:25-28) is referring to the end of time when after everything; Satan, his agents and sinners would have been judged, the new earth and new Heaven would have descended and God will now be all and all and will reign forever.
There will not be need for salvation, so the need for Christ name to be used then is not relevant after this. Let me ask you before Christ was born, it was only God’s name (Jehovah, Yahweh etc) that was been used then, So were was Christ.
Remember Christ said that before Abraham He was.
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So it was after and for the purpose of salvation that Christ was made manifest. So when God has finished everything about salvation everything about Jesus Christ will be referred to God only.
Infarct, He is the same as God, subjecting Himself under God is what He has been doing even why He was in earth.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

So don’t be confused, Christ has been reigning since and He has always put himself below God, but He is the same person (God)

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

So if Christ is Alpha and Omega, then what is God? So If He is not under God now and He is resigning, where is He now?
Mr man He is the same person.
JW should drop their demonic doctrine; Repent or you perish.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

There is nothing confusing in the Bible.

Don't misunderstand the thing, When you refrence Jesus Christ you are actually referencing the same person. That is why if you hounour Jesus you are honouring the Father.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Laalamed: I can see reasons why jw refuses to involve in war and many churches support killing of millions in world war and civil wars around the world. Churches are vampires drinking the blood of their members by promoting satan kingdom. Very God kingdom will destroy satan world and churches supporting it. Dan 2:44.
Come out clean. what are you saying?
Christians has a lot to say about peace and Love, If Christians are interested in war and killing there won't have been Islam and Jehovah witness.
Christains are peacefull people and preach peace, infarct Christ is the authur of peace (Christ is the price of peace).
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

From your comment you are implying that Jesus is now greater than God the father...that is so so so wrong.

9 Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has [a]freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,
10 That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee [b]should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 And every tongue [[c]frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Can you see from the above verses that the exaltation of Jesus to a higher position, the sole purpose and eventual result is to the 'glorification of God the father'. Every action Jesus did was to vindicate and glorify his father and at the end of everything he will subject himself to God.

As shown in the comment above 1 cor 15: 25-28, clearly argued against what you said....Jesus was never exalted to God's position. Nobody has ever and will ever be equal to Almighty God
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:
Come out clean. what are you saying?
Christians has a lot to say about peace and Love, If Christians are interested in war and killing there won't have been Islam and Jehovah witness.
Christains are peacefull people and preach peace, infarct Christ is the authur of peace (Christ is the price of peace).
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

For centuries Churches has allowed politicians to use them to propagate their wars...during the biafran war, 'xtians' in the Nigerian army were killing a predominately 'xtian' biafran army and it has been so in all major wars for the past hundreds of years. The bloody wars of Europe were fought by 'xtian' armies and were heavily supported by the different churches. Christians throwing away the bible and killing each other, Catholics killing catholics and protestants killing protestants because of some political gains.

Early Xtians were never interested in the wars of the Nations until apostasy came into Christianity, and JWs have never been interested in wars nor have they ever supported any war.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:

From your comment you are implying that Jesus is now greater than God the father...that is so so so wrong.

9 Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has [a]freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,
10 That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee [b]should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 And every tongue [[c]frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

Can you see from the above verses that the exaltation of Jesus to a higher position, the sole purpose and eventual result is to the 'glorification of God the father'. Every action Jesus did was to vindicate and glorify his father and at the end of everything he will subject himself to God.

As shown in the comment above 1 cor 15: 25-28, clearly argued against what you said....Jesus was never exalted to God's position. Nobody has ever and will ever be equal to Almighty God

You are right and that is what Christ has been seeking from the very first time.

But if Christ is the Son of God then He is God. When you honor Christ you hornor the Father, when you give the glory to Christ you are giving the glory to Christ. But God has made it in a way that every man must come to Him through this name Jesus Christ.
Hence if you honoreth not the Son, then you honoreth not the Father.
So Christ is not above God. It is the same person.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by niyimat(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
[quote author=Ozichim]

Answering your questions:

1, The Christian God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is three in one. Human being was made in God’s Image.
There was never a time when there was no God because when Christ was death, He was still in charge, according to the bible Christ descended into hell to liberate the souls in there.
There was never a time when there was no God because when the body of a man sleeps, the man is till there and still exists. (man is made of Spirit, Soul and body). So when the spirit is sleeping the man is still there. Christ rose from the death and returned to His Glory.

2, When Christ was baptized the father said this is my beloved Son. It was God the father that said that.
You can liken God the father as the soul of man.
ie For God: For Man:
God the Father, ------------------- Soul of Man,
God the Son (Jesus Christ), ------ Man’s body man’s flesh (The visible body),
God the Holy Spirit----------------- Spirit of man

3, Jesus always refer to God the father as “Father” because that's the best way man can understand His personality, if you understand what “I am the Son of God” imply you will also understand what “My Father” mean.
John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Let me say something here, If you know that your son is a human being then just know that God’s Son is God. Otherwise your son may be goat or monkey.

When Jesus call God His Father they and when He say He is the Son of God they try to kill him because they understand that He is telling them that He is God. John 10:30 I and my Father are one.[/q

this explanation is definitely incoherent. you preach trinity yet the bible vs you quoted says the opposite.
as to john 8:58 that you quoted, jesus was the first angel that God created.
Col 1:15 attested to that fact "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"
yes jesus was right to say he was greater than Abraham becos proverb 8:22-30 "Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago..............."
you should please try read this book of proverb very well because it confirms the father son relationship that jesus has been with jehovah for ions of years and that says a lot on the agreement btw them.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ukay1: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
JMANO5 I want to ask, do you also as a person believe that the remaining 144,000 persons to go heaven will all be witnesses, did the early christians claim that they are the only righteous once? why do u all believe only what the elders tell you to believe.cant you see the predictions of Charles Tarz Russel claiming the world will come to an end failed?doesnt that alone contradict the account of Matthew that no one knows the day or time the son of man will come?even Christ Himself doesnt know that?my broda I love the witnesses but I dont believe all their teachings.no one person can give a full interpretation of the bible.I believe one thing in life doing good to humanity,loving one another is the only way that one can be saved.in the book of Matthew Christ did not judge the sheep and the goat based on their denomination but rather on their deeds to one another.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Princessaleeza: 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
Honestly its because ll don't want 2 listen 2 d truth,I could remember den dat I use 2 do d same,but since am married I welcome dem,I even av a teacher cos I want 2 no d truth abt my Bible,abt christ $ abt God.cos now adays most of our pastors re not even teaching us wot is in d Bible again.so ll av 2 be familiar with dd word of God so dat ll won't be decieve by any prophet.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
Jman how now smiley
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rabzy: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

You are right and that is what Christ has been seeking from the very first time.

But if Christ is the Son of God then He is God. When you honor Christ you hornor the Father, when you give the glory to Christ you are giving the glory to Christ. But God has made it in a way that every man must come to Him through this name Jesus Christ.
Hence if you honoreth not the Son, then you honoreth not the Father.
So Christ is not above God. It is the same person.

Christ is the son of God does not make him God, it makes him the Son of God. There are other people in the Bible that were also called sons of God...does that also make them God.

The person of God is different from that of Jesus, the scriptures shows this in too many places numerous to recount...even after his resurrection to heaven, the Bible shows them as separate individuals...Stephen saw Jesus at the right hand of God, Paul said Jesus went to the most holy and presented the value of his sacrifice to God, ;.....the Bible called him the high priest (dont forget a high priest serves a God/gods).....Rev 1:1 says the revelation of Christ which God gave him and which Jesus sent thru his angel to John..
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by thinkdip(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
TroGunn:

Why would anyone be offended by such a great post!

Let me respond to your points on JWs.

"only 144,000 would go to heaven while the rest will reign on earth, clearly this is false as Jesus said that those who believed in him will inherit the kingdom of heaven"

From what the Bible says, clearly some righteous would go to heaven and others would be on earth.

Prove 2:21 - "For the upright will live in the land And the blameless will remain in it"

Psalm 37:10, 11 - "For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace"

Matt 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth".

So clearly righteous will posses the earth. However, some ( little flock) will go to heaven and become part of Kingdom as rulers.

Matt 5:10 - "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".

Luke 12:32 - "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom."

Matt 19:28 - "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel".

Rev 14:3 - "And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth"

Revelation 20:6 - "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years".

Expectedly those ruling would be much fewer compared to billions on the earth. So 144,000 number given by the Bible is not unreasonable, considering they also have millions of angels at their service - enough to effectively rule over the righteous on earth.

"Jesus went to 'arrange' things in heaven, throwing Satan down in 1914. This presupposes a disorganized and imperfect heaven"

The Bible clearly shows that Satan was in heaven and had to be thrown out at some point. The Bible says what it says!

Rev 12:7-10 "Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: 7Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down".

Notice how that hurling out of Satan from heaven is also associated Christ's assumption of kingly power, in verse 10- “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah"

1914 date is arrived at based on detailed Bible chronology. You may read about it here--> http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006521#h=14:0-20:610

"Having studied the biblical languages, especially NT Greek grammar, i can boldly say that the NWT is an eccentric version used to manipulate the gullible mentality of blind witnesses"

NWT is just a Bible translation that strives to be as close to the original writings as possible, without the coloration of extra-biblical teachings and ideas. I'll wait for you to show instances where you think the NWT mistranslated from the original languages.

Bt Jesus said to Nicodamus: verily verily i say unto you, except a man is born of water and of the spirit he can not enter the kingdom of God...please i need explanation on these
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:

Christ is the son of God does not make him God, it makes him the Son of God. There are other people in the Bible that were also called sons of God...does that also make them God.

The person of God is different from that of Jesus, the scriptures shows this in too many places numerous to recount...even after his resurrection to heaven, the Bible shows them as separate individuals...Stephen saw Jesus at the right hand of God, Paul said Jesus went to the most holy and presented the value of his sacrifice to God, ;.....the Bible called him the high priest (dont forget a high priest serves a God/gods).....Rev 1:1 says the revelation of Christ which God gave him and which Jesus sent thru his angel to John..

That is what JW used to say. This is the spirit of Anti-Christ for your information. This is exactly the same thing as Islam. For JW anything can be accepted about Jesus Christ but not the personality of Jesus Christ.
You people claim to know the bible but you refuse to accept the truth. If you deny the person of Jesus Christ as been the Son of God and been God then your son must be a goat or a monkey.
You think you are wiser than the Jews that were physically present when Jesus Call God His Father and they wanted to stone Him for that. You think those Jews are stupid and unwise?

The literal meaning that Jesus is the Son of God is that He is God. Unless you know that your son is a guerilla or antelope.
You can also confirm this from religious scholars. As I said that is why the Jews wanted to stone Him. He was accused of making Himself equal with God by calling God his Father or Calling Himself the Son of God.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This Passage is also referring to Jesus, the passage came even before Jesus was born on this earth.
JW study the Bible just to know how to disprove the person of Jesus Christ but they have failed.

The bible will be full of error any day anybody start to see Jesus Christ as different from God. Stop your false doctrine and repent.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

As I have said before JW is established for the purpose of denying the personality of Christ. According to the passage above, they are operating with the spirit of antichrist.

If you are a Christian, stay away from JW unless you want to help them understand the scripture.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:
Don't misunderstand the thing, When you reference Jesus Christ you are actually referencing God (the same person). That is why if you honor Jesus you are honoring the Father.

NB: God does not share His Glory with any man or anybody

JW doesn’t honor the Father because they don’t honor the Son.

If Christ is the one reigning now then does it mean that Christ is above God now;
ie So until Christ has finished conquering every enemy including death, Christ is equal/above God.
Or for now Christ is not under God or is above God until the last enemy is distroyed; see yourself.

That place (1 Cir 15:25-28) is referring to the end of time when after everything; Satan, his agents and sinners would have been judged, the new earth and new Heaven would have descended and God will now be all and all and will reign forever.
There will not be need for salvation, so the need for Christ name to be used then is not relevant after this. Let me ask you before Christ was born, it was only God’s name (Jehovah, Yahweh etc) that was been used then, So were was Christ.
Remember Christ said that before Abraham He was.

So it was after and for the purpose of salvation that Christ was made manifest. So when God has finished everything about salvation everything about Jesus Christ will be referred to God only.
Infarct, He is the same as God, subjecting Himself under God is what He has been doing even why He was in earth.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

So don’t be confused, Christ has been reigning since and He has always put himself below God, but He is the same person (God)

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

So if Christ is Alpha and Omega, then what is God? So If He is not under God now and He is resigning, where is He now?
Mr man He is the same person.
JW should drop their demonic doctrine; Repent or you perish.

There is nothing confusing in the Bible.

Don't misunderstand the thing, When you refrence Jesus Christ you are actually referencing the same person. That is why if you hounour Jesus you are honouring the Father.

My dear,i dont know if you are a guy or girl,but whoever revealed this to You is the Spirit of Truth itself..And the Spirit of Truth is God...
I just hope many people will see This truth as it is...I couldnt have said it better...
I was trying to see if the Person that quoted COL1:15 for me actualy knew what he was quoting,but he backed out..Maybe he realised that that Passage is not as simple as it appears!!
This has led me to Believe that No Jw person knows Who Jesus Christ is!! None of them know it,and thats Why they will continue to err,till they correct this error!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nsonso: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
@lastpage. I strongly disagree wit u on Phil. 2:5-11. Why nt beckon d Holy Spirit in humility to reveal d scriptures to u. Dnt take sides blindly. Spiritual matters ar nt approached based on human wisdom. Dnt follow ppl to error.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
rabzy:

Why infer what he/she never said? He/she told you in plain black and white reading that Jesus is God..Where did u see Greater? Can a God be greater than Himself? You are just making it sound as if There two Gods!! Mtcheeeew!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Ozichim(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
thinkdip:
Bt Jesus said to Nicodamus: verily verily i say unto you, except a man is born of water and of the spirit he can not enter the kingdom of God...please i need explanation on these

JW is full of error see how the man cleverly avoided the truth,
From this passage; there nothing hidden about the heaven and those that will be in heaven but they look for reason to believe error.

Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

If you care for the truth read this. JW have already resolved to believe what they want to believe. Only God’s mercy will deliver some of them. Note that Thessalonians are not Jews but see what Paul told them.

1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

JW looks for places to use to confuse some ignorant and unfortunate once.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Dee235: 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
Quite unfortunately, we need to study our bible correctly. When Jesus comes the second time to the earth, he will come physically. First there would be disappearance of true believers. (that is what the church is waiting for...)

Secondly, there will be series of hard times for those left on the earth. That is the period of the mark of the beast, the reign of a powerful leader on the earth called antichrist.

Then, lastly Jesus christ would come in person to the earth, firstly to come and deliver Israel. Israel would be pressed hard the most during the rule of that great leader.

Jesus would physically come and remove that great world leader and his kingdom would be established for a 1000 earth years.

The 18 something or 1914 are incorrect.

I am dedicating myself to God so I can reign in that 1000 years, at least maybe Jesus would give a local government chairman post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Folu Adeboye 72nd Birthday: Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife With Special Message / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.