Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39150 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Lightening:

Pls read John 1vs 1. There is no other name given whereby we might be saved (Acts 4v12). At the mention of that name every knee in heaven, on earth and under the earth bows.
Pls check.if they are in your own bible.These are deep.revelations that defies carnal argument.

Pls reread my post again and see answers for yourself.

Christ is key for salvation (John 17:3, Acts 4:12). Both verses add that Christ was 'sent' and his name was 'given' - by God, of course. So it shows Christ not same or equal to God.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by hardbody: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Lex11:
======
Simply put. they spread a false gospel (apparently they don't believe that The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD - see John 1:1-3, Rev 1:1-8, etc).... and they do so aggressively/dogmatically).

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. - 2 John 1:10-11

From my interactions, I will request you kindly answer these few simple questions or forever STFU.

Was there a time when there was no God because He was Dead

When Jesus was baptized who said this is my son and who was the voice referring to

Before his death Jesus said, father forgive them...who was he referring to

When he said he could ask his father for myriads of angels to help avoid his arrest on the night he was taken away, who was the father

There are several other instances but just furnish answers to these

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by bizgynbala(m): 8:06am On Nov 21, 2013
JMAN05: I'm confused sir , on praying to God thru Jesus Christ. Who is God nd who is Jesus Christ?

They pray to God thru Jesus Christ sir. If you mean the first call, they wont pray, but if the study is established, they will begin and close with prayer. ie for bible study.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ceeceeco: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2013
In life, we all have our belief, & i don't care 2 know about other people's belief...Life's full of choices!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Wakabook01(m): 8:19am On Nov 21, 2013
It is important to note that no religion can lay claim to teaching the whole truth. Therefore any anachronistic application of false doctrines or beliefs should be equally shared. For instance, the RCC killed and displaced many during the inquisition and imperial persecutions, likewise the JW also made some erroneous predictions and prophesies - 1914; 1915 Etc. That was in the past! Today, many religious sects and denominations still teach false and unbiblical doctrines. For example, the RCC offend against the first commandment by their idolatrous practice of image worship. Also, the RCC still deify and approach God through so-called saints, although Jesus stressed that we can only approach God through Him. I would spare the conjectures of a non existent purgatory, confession to a priest who forgives with penance (usually saying the Lord's prayer 20 times) - these are all unbiblical teachings. It is equally unbiblical for the JW to deceive members into believing that only 144,000 would go to heaven while the rest will reign on earth, clearly this is false as Jesus said that those who believed in him will inherit the kingdom of heaven. Again, it is illogical and an insult on our collective psyche to say that Jesus went to 'arrange' things in heaven, throwing Satan down in 1914. This presupposes a disorganized and imperfect heaven, occupied by an organized and perfect God, who was with Jesus all through his earthly ministry from that same heavenly kingdom. Obviously, it is a figment of the imagination to replace failed prophecies. Again, the witnesses deny the Godship of Jesus, even after Jesus had clearly stated his oneness with the Father. This false teaching is propagated through the NWT version of the bible. Having studied the biblical languages, especially NT Greek grammar, i can boldly say that the NWT is an eccentric version used to manipulate the gullible mentality of blind witnesses - no offence pls! But even if you are offended, that's your cup of tea and plate of beans!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2013
Uteghe :
C.T. Russell of Unblessed memory was an adulterer,an amorc member,divisionist and con man. The foundation of CT's cult is wrong and his devotees are under a spell.

Bro, do you consider Paul who used to be know as Saul, a Christian? Do you believe the teaching on repentance?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 8:38am On Nov 21, 2013
Wakabook01: It is important to note that no religion can lay claim to teaching the whole truth. Therefore any anachronistic application of false doctrines or beliefs should be equally shared. For instance, the RCC killed and displaced many during the inquisition and imperial persecutions, likewise the JW also made some erroneous predictions and prophesies - 1914; 1915 Etc. That was in the past! Today, many religious sects and denominations still teach false and unbiblical doctrines. For example, the RCC offend against the first commandment by their idolatrous practice of image worship. Also, the RCC still deify and approach God through so-called saints, although Jesus stressed that we can only approach God through Him. I would spare the conjectures of a non existent purgatory, confession to a priest who forgives with penance (usually saying the Lord's prayer 20 times) - these are all unbiblical teachings. It is equally unbiblical for the JW to deceive members into believing that only 144,000 would go to heaven while the rest will reign on earth, clearly this is false as Jesus said that those who believed in him will inherit the kingdom of heaven. Again, it is illogical and an insult on our collective psyche to say that Jesus went to 'arrange' things in heaven, throwing Satan down in 1914. This presupposes a disorganized and imperfect heaven, occupied by an organized and perfect God, who was with Jesus all through his earthly ministry from that same heavenly kingdom. Obviously, it is a figment of the imagination to replace failed prophecies. Again, the witnesses deny the Godship of Jesus, even after Jesus had clearly stated his oneness with the Father. This false teaching is propagated through the NWT version of the bible. Having studied the biblical languages, especially NT Greek grammar, i can boldly say that the NWT is an eccentric version used to manipulate the gullible mentality of blind witnesses - no offence pls! But even if you are offended, that's your cup of tea and plate of beans!

Friend, how will you explain Jesus words in Matt 5:5

Matthew 5:5

King James Version (KJV)

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

How also will you explain this

Revelation 12:7-12

King James Version (KJV)

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 21, 2013
Lightening:

Pls read John 1vs 1. There is no other name given whereby we might be saved (Acts 4v12). At the mention of that name every knee in heaven, on earth and under the earth bows.
Pls check.if they are in your own bible.These are deep.revelations that defies carnal argument.

I dont really understand how john 1:1 prove your point. can you explain? What do you intend to prove therein?

At Acts 4, who gave these name with which we must get saved? at the mention of his name every kneel shall bow, to whose glory?

But why didnt you respond to the point the other guy you quoted said? To be fair, you should have responded to his own reasons before stating yours.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2013
JMAN05:

I truely understand your point, but one fact is indisputable, Jesus cannot claim to be omniscience like God. God doesnt serve anyone and cannot stick to the commandment of any God, But Jesus serve God and sticks to God's commandment.

Are You sure About that?@bolded
This is the more reason why people hate to listen to your errors!! Do u actually know the Meaning of Omniscience?
Of course,it is your belief that Jesus is Archangel Michael that warrants you to say such errors!!
Sometimes people just confuse theirselves for nothing...You believe there is Godhead,but you dont believe there is trinity!! What then is Godhead? and what is Trinity?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Prinzecharlez(m): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2013
italo: What do you mean by gospel truth?

That Jesus came in 1914?

That heaven got filled in 1935?

That Abraham, Isaac and Jacob came to earth in 1925?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

pls sir pls dont say wat u didnt hear from them say only wat u heard from dier mouth nt jst 'dem say them say'.thank u sir 4 ur expected coperation.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2013
krixik: Because they believe that their own christian sect is the only truthful one while others are fake. That's why they MUST not allow or listen to any other preaching than theirs while they will expect people to always give them audience whenever they visit.

You sure have a point. we feel bad when our own opinion is not considered, but are you sure they dont listen to your own opinion? or could it be you ve not brought powerful argument that could make them to reconsider your position. Do you know that JWs have often changed their positions before? yes they have. this can come from people like you who bring good argument that could unveil more understanding. Witnesses do explore the research of some bible scholars who are not witnesses. do you know? Maybe they saw reasons not to accept that your point. Will it not be wise you recheck that your own and see whether their are need for changes?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Prinzecharlez(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2013
JMAN05:

You are doing quite well by reading the watchtower and awake. You can always access our publications or know more about what we believe at www.jw.org

True, many of what we teach is contrary to what others teach. many never knew that was a time we celebrated chrismas in the past, celebrated birthdays, believed that all righteous people will go to heaven, used titles, joined the military to fight war, joined politics etc., But we have changed all those things. we no longer believe in them. will it not be good to sit with them and know why they made the changes?

As a lover of truth, you may come to see reasons with them.

bro i feel u mst pple dnt rily get it while odas purposely say what dey dont know about us
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2013
greatbygrace: Anyone who believes in his heart and confesses with his heart that Jesus died and God raised Him from the died is a christian (Rom 10)
JW believes this, therefore I consider them my brothers. Just like all denomination(RCCG,CAT.,MFM etc) they also have doctrinal issues. But we all have a unifying factor Jesus.
Its is a terrible thing to believe you are the only one with d truth and others are wrong, we know in part that's why we need each other to be better.
It doesn't matter where you worship, so far its a bible believing place and they believe in Jesus, we are all Christians and we should learn from others. We are all redeemed, we are all winners in Christ we should all witness Jehovah by telling people about what Jesus has done.
Some said they were for Paul, others said they were for Apollos... Paul replied and said did I die for u or did Apollos die for u?
Pls let's look beyond denomination and learn from each other using the Bible as a guide.
u ar right bt there is nothing to learn from JW. they cn only pollute d knowledge of God in u and put u on the path to hell
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Wakabook01(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2013
Let me answer your first question - In the Sermon on the Mount, Christ declared:
“Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit
the earth” (Matthew 5:5). There are two
misconceptions commonly connected with
this passage.
First, the nature of meekness is
misunderstood.
Second, some contend that the verse speaks
of a future, eternal abode upon the earth.
To many, “meekness” suggests the idea of
passivity, someone who is easily imposed
upon, spinelessness, weakness. Since Jesus
declared Himself to be meek (Matthew
11:29), some perceive Him as a sissy-type
character.
Nothing could be further from the truth. In
the Greek New Testament, “meek” is from
the Greek term praus. It does not suggest
weakness; rather, it denotes strength
brought under control. The ancient Greeks
employed the term to describe a wild horse
tamed to the bridle.
In the biblical sense, therefore, it describes
one who has channeled his strengths into
the service of God.
Underline the word in Matthew 5:5, and in
the margin of your Bible write: See Numbers
12:3; Zephaniah 2:3. The former passage
describes Moses as the meekest man on
earth — certainly no weakling; the latter
verse declares that the meek of the earth are
those who have kept Jehovah’s ordinances.
The meek person submits to God!
As to the expression “inherit the earth,” the
following facts should be noted:
(1) God is the owner of this earth (Psalm
24:1).
(2) Those who obey Christ become children
of God (Galatians 3:27; Hebrews 5:9), and
“joint-heirs” with the Lord (Romans 8:17).
(3) The Father supplies all our needs
(Philippians 4:19), we therefore enjoy this
earth and its blessings more than all others.
(4) Mainly, however, our inheritance is
spiritual (Acts 20:32); we are heirs in the
kingdom of Christ (Ephesians 5:5), and
citizenship in that kingdom is available now
on this earth (cf. John 3:3-5; Colossians
1:13).
(5) Finally, we also look for an inheritance
that is reserved for us in heaven (1 Peter
1:4), because we are aware that the earth
will be destroyed when Christ returns (2
Peter 3:10).
Thus, underline “inherit the earth,” and
make some appropriate notations in your
margin.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 21, 2013
because they don't even want to consider your point of view.

they just knock, enter and try to force their twisted views on you.

lastly they bring I guy along, I would have preferred a female, accompanied by another female

preach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 9:10am On Nov 21, 2013
Wakabook01: Let me answer your first question - In the Sermon on the Mount, Christ declared:
this passage.
misunderstood.
character.
tamed to the bridle.
the service of God.
margin.
Thanks for this great Piece bro!!
Dont mind the Jw's and their erroneous teachings!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 9:11am On Nov 21, 2013
Proffruleoflaw: Just imagine the confusion this your explanation is causing. Then u will end it by saying "it is only IF the holy spirit reveals it, you can't understand it"
sorry bro. our God is Spirit and he dt must serve him must also do dt in spirit. our understanding must b as the spirit interpreted nt by carnal mind
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by niyimat(m): 9:20am On Nov 21, 2013
danzite: last tym Jw came to my house, they told me that "God" is a tittle nd not a Person. any Christian organization that doesn't bliv in Trinity, Rapture, Repentance, Salvation..... ain't Christians. jws are worse than idol worshipers, they are the best tool being used by satan today. I avoid them cos they disgust me with their heresy.

Hi my friend, i well respected your opinion about the JW. firstly, as you have said that any body who do not believe in the trinity doctrine is not a Christian,
how about if we go a little bit on what the doctrine is all about?
Nearly all churches of Christendom teach that God is a Trinity. But what is trinity all about?
according to the catholic encyclopedia, it refers to it as “the central doctrine of the Christian religion,” it says and i coat;
“In the unity of the Godhead there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, these Three Persons being truly distinct one from another. Thus, in the words of the Athanasian Creed: ‘the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God.’ . . . The Persons are co-eternal and co-equal: all alike are uncreated and omnipotent". . The Catholic Encyclopedia, 1912, Volume XV, page 47

The Baptist Encyclopædia gives a similar definition. It says: “[Jesus] is . . . the eternal Jehovah . . . The Holy Spirit is Jehovah . . . The Son and Spirit are placed on an exact equality with the Father. If he is Jehovah so are they." . The Baptist Encyclopædia, edited by William Cathcart, 1883, pages 1168-9.

now if the trinity is the core doctrine of the Christian faith as you and the reference above claims,then I invite you to search the Bible, especially the 27 books of the Christian Greek Scriptures, to see for yourself if Jesus and his disciples taught a Trinity. As you search, please ask yourself:

1. Can I find any scripture that mentions “Trinity”? any at all
2. Can I find any scripture that says that God is made up of three distinct persons, Father, Son, and holy spirit, but that the three are only one God?
3. Can I find any scripture that says that the Father, Son, and holy spirit are equal in all ways, such as in eternity, power, position, and wisdom?

Search as you may, you will not find one scripture that uses the word Trinity, nor will you find any that says that Father, Son, and holy spirit are equal in all ways, such as in eternity, power, position, and wisdom. Not even a single scripture says that the Son is equal to the Father in those ways—and if there were such a scripture, it would establish not a Trinity but at most a “duality.” Nowhere does the Bible equate the holy spirit with the Father.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 21, 2013
Wakabook01: It is important to note that no religion can lay claim to teaching the whole truth. Therefore any anachronistic application of false doctrines or beliefs should be equally shared. For instance, the RCC killed and displaced many during the inquisition and imperial persecutions, likewise the JW also made some erroneous predictions and prophesies - 1914; 1915 Etc. That was in the past! Today, many religious sects and denominations still teach false and unbiblical doctrines. For example, the RCC offend against the first commandment by their idolatrous practice of image worship. Also, the RCC still deify and approach God through so-called saints, although Jesus stressed that we can only approach God through Him. I would spare the conjectures of a non existent purgatory, confession to a priest who forgives with penance (usually saying the Lord's prayer 20 times) - these are all unbiblical teachings. It is equally unbiblical for the JW to deceive members into believing that only 144,000 would go to heaven while the rest will reign on earth, clearly this is false as Jesus said that those who believed in him will inherit the kingdom of heaven. Again, it is illogical and an insult on our collective psyche to say that Jesus went to 'arrange' things in heaven, throwing Satan down in 1914. This presupposes a disorganized and imperfect heaven, occupied by an organized and perfect God, who was with Jesus all through his earthly ministry from that same heavenly kingdom. Obviously, it is a figment of the imagination to replace failed prophecies. Again, the witnesses deny the Godship of Jesus, even after Jesus had clearly stated his oneness with the Father. This false teaching is propagated through the NWT version of the bible. Having studied the biblical languages, especially NT Greek grammar, i can boldly say that the NWT is an eccentric version used to manipulate the gullible mentality of blind witnesses - no offence pls! But even if you are offended, that's your cup of tea and plate of beans!

Why would anyone be offended by such a great post!

Let me respond to your points on JWs.

"only 144,000 would go to heaven while the rest will reign on earth, clearly this is false as Jesus said that those who believed in him will inherit the kingdom of heaven"

From what the Bible says, clearly some righteous would go to heaven and others would be on earth.

Prove 2:21 - "For the upright will live in the land And the blameless will remain in it"

Psalm 37:10, 11 - "For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace"

Matt 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth".

So clearly righteous will posses the earth. However, some ( little flock) will go to heaven and become part of Kingdom as rulers.

Matt 5:10 - "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".

Luke 12:32 - "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom."

Matt 19:28 - "And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel".

Rev 14:3 - "And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth"

Revelation 20:6 - "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years".

Expectedly those ruling would be much fewer compared to billions on the earth. So 144,000 number given by the Bible is not unreasonable, considering they also have millions of angels at their service - enough to effectively rule over the righteous on earth.

"Jesus went to 'arrange' things in heaven, throwing Satan down in 1914. This presupposes a disorganized and imperfect heaven"

The Bible clearly shows that Satan was in heaven and had to be thrown out at some point. The Bible says what it says!

Rev 12:7-10 "Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: 7Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down".

Notice how that hurling out of Satan from heaven is also associated Christ's assumption of kingly power, in verse 10- “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah"

1914 date is arrived at based on detailed Bible chronology. You may read about it here--> http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006521#h=14:0-20:610

"Having studied the biblical languages, especially NT Greek grammar, i can boldly say that the NWT is an eccentric version used to manipulate the gullible mentality of blind witnesses"

NWT is just a Bible translation that strives to be as close to the original writings as possible, without the coloration of extra-biblical teachings and ideas. I'll wait for you to show instances where you think the NWT mistranslated from the original languages.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Wakabook01: Let me answer your first question - In the Sermon on the Mount, Christ declared:
this passage.
misunderstood.
character.
tamed to the bridle.
the service of God.
margin.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Bad and illogical explanation. And i now reason why ur members are becoming skeptics and atheist.
this passage.
misunderstood.
character.
tamed to the bridle.
the service of God.
margin.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 21, 2013
Rapist!
rigormortis: because they don't even want to consider your point of view.

they just knock, enter and try to force their twisted views on you.

lastly they bring I guy along, I would have preferred a female, accompanied by another female

preach !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2013
JMAN05:

Ya, we have reason to believe in that. any witness will be happy to explain that to you. Just book a date with them. It is when you see there reason, then they will be happy to hear your own thought about the matter.

This can get you started.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005159?q=1914&p=par
Brother JMAN05 u said in ur previous post dt u ar nt a JW and it is now clear u ar one of them. why ar u lying? u ar already demonstrating d character of ur father u preached (Satan)
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by drnoel: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2013
its a matter of opinion. I don´t go looking at how other people treat other people but 4 me, i am civil to them and ny other team of preachers that has ever tried 2 convert urs truelly. Funny enof, i kind of end up converting them grin grin grin anyways since I don´t intend 2 derail ya thread, that a story will be left for another time.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2013
Lex11:
======
Simply put. they spread a false gospel (apparently they don't believe that The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD - see John 1:1-3, Rev 1:1-8, etc).... and they do so aggressively/dogmatically).

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. - 2 John 1:10-11

hmmm, it is good you express your opinion, and you are entitled to it. however, when you quote John 1:1-3, which point do you want to prove? I dont see any point there. Jesus can be called a God. can you read it up to verse 14? it says in part,"only begotten son from a Father".

Note that it didnt stop at proving he was begotten.(which i suppose you know what it means), it further says that this son was FROM a Father. God portrays his point atimes with terms familiar to humans. what do you think God want to tell us by using Father and Son as a relationship between them both? Is it not that one is older and the other younger? after all He could have used twince as the relationship between them both. not so? think about it.

The revelation you quoted is very revealing especially verse 1. I hope you noticed that God gave Jesus a revelation and sent him on errand? Why cant Jesus at least send God on errand?

So which point do you want to make? verse 8? ok, I think so. that verse is so controversial cos mere looking at it, it sounds as if the Alpha and Omega refers to him. But that that place refers to Jehovah is nearer and more likely.

the revelation is God's, but he gave it to Jesus, who later sent his angel. Atimes in the revelation God himself will be talking, at times it is Jesus, at times it is the angel. In short it was God who said he will come to execute judgement, but He does so representatively through Jesus cos he has committed all the judging to him, Jesus. So we can rightly say both God or Jesus is coming. but still referring to the same thing. compare 1:4

These points are good to consider about verse 8:

1. the phraseology suggests that that place is talking about God. the words "the lord God" as joint together was typical of reference to God in the OT, as such some translation use "Jehovah God" in the verse, viewing it as alluding to an "OT" verse.

2. The Almighty has never been used for Jesus before but to Jehovah. Jesus can be called Mighty God, but not almighty. in fact stating that he is will be saying that there is another superior God to whom God and Jesus worship. Never! because Jesus called God "my God" in rev. 3:12. Jesus being the almighty can never call another "my God", Your God must be superior to you. Jesus cannot be almighty and he is elevated or given authority by another. that would be pointless.

It will be good you welcome them dear. the place you quoted at 2 John more applies to believers in trinity than witnesses. at verse 3 of that John, it brings the Father-Son relationship to the fore. anyone who preaches against this is now antichrist. and the Father and son, stress the idea of older and younger. Your saying they are equals renders the Father-Son relationship futile cos it doesnt match the desription. Again, you will be saying Jesus is omniscience to which he is not.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: Brother JMAN05 u said in ur previous post dt u ar nt a JW and it is now clear u ar one of them. why ar u lying? u ar already demonstrating d character of ur father u preached (Satan)

Sir I would call it an allegation and can repeat that over again. Please can you provide where I said such?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2013
philfearon:
Are You sure About that?@bolded
This is the more reason why people hate to listen to your errors!! Do u actually know the Meaning of Omniscience?
Of course,it is your belief that Jesus is Archangel Michael that warrants you to say such errors!!
Sometimes people just confuse theirselves for nothing...You believe there is Godhead,but you dont believe there is trinity!! What then is Godhead? and what is Trinity?

Well I maybe wrong, but I want you to point it out.

1. Where did the Almighty God receive a commandment from someone to which He stock to?

2. What is omniscience?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]
Nawa for Nigerian Christians nd any christian who is sceptical abt oda christians belief nd just criticizes odas unnecessarily dats y me i believ in self righteousness nd only do wat i kno is right..I was a catholic but ryt nw i just consider my self a christian nd nth more because av noticed dat church nw is just an avenue for dupin ppl some churches;dia spiritual leaders r extremely rich nd dey send dia kids abroad nd even sum dat av uni in naija some of dia members cant even afford to send dia kids to d same skul dey contributed 1 way or d oda except tru scorlaship..i tink self righteousness is d best jor rada dan bein deceived afteral churches for naija reach 1,000
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by edgideon(m): 10:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: u ar right bt there is nothing to learn from JW. they cn only pollute d knowledge of God in u and put u on the path to hell
may Jehovah forgive u,do you know that the Bible s says God is love. How will feel if the same Bible talks about he'll,logically if humans live on an average of 80 years, How will you feel if you punished eternally for a sin you committed for 80years
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by edgideon(m): 10:45am On Nov 21, 2013
please you all should read, MATTHEW 24:14,AS YOU ALL CAN SEE ONLY THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PREACH (WHEN I SAY PREACH I MEAN COME TO YOUR HOMES WITH A BIBLE N COME BACK TO EXPLAIN NOT JUST INVITING YOU TO A MIRACLE DISPLAYING OCCASION )FROM DOOR TO DOOR, THEY NEVER USE PREACHING AS A PUNISHMENT LIKE SOME CHURCHES DO, THE BIBLE SAYS CHRISTIANS SHOULD B NO PART OF THE WORLD APART FROM WITNESSES WHO CAN FIT THIS DEFINITION, THEY ARE THE TRUE RELIGION. INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO BLASPHEMY,WHY DON'T YOU INVITE THEM TO YOUR HOMES AND ASK REASONABLE QUESTIONS,OR GO TO www.jw.org under the FAQs you'll see what you need to see
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2013

What I must point out to you is that no translation is stricly literal except the interlinear. To bring out the thought of bible writers, overall knowledge of the bible is essential cos none of the languages we use today is the same as the language the original was written with. so a strictly word for word cant be clear to any reader today. Even the sentence structure must be different.

In a mature discussion, I favour discussions that can requently refer to the original when the need be, instead of languishing in discussing translation.

Dont misunderstand my writeup to mean that the NWT is faulty, No. Rather such reference to the original will uphold the NWT as the best in terms of faithfulness to the original. Some sincere scholars have acknowledged this. They have seen that the translators tried alot.

You can never equal the NWT with the KJV. We do refer to that kjv because of those we preach to. For a fact, that translation should be dropped by now, based on manuscript enlightenment we have attained now.

But I await your point against the NWT.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2013
edgideon:
may Jehovah forgive u,do you know that the Bible s says God is love. How will feel if the same Bible talks about he'll,logically if humans live on an average of 80 years, How will you feel if you punished eternally for a sin you committed for 80years
ur post is pointless. Jesus came to preach salvation 2ru believe in him and living a holy life and nt useless philosophies u are spreading about God. Jesus is d way, d truth and d light. no one cum to d father except 2ru him. ds is just d simple massege u are send to preach nt philosophies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Is There Really Life After Death? / Folu Adeboye 72nd Birthday: Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife With Special Message / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.