Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39149 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Christmasdon(m): 12:50am On Nov 21, 2013
Hello my friends, what are you all saying? Can church lead you to heaven? The answer is a capital 'Y'es. The (only) church that can guarantee you easy salvation is the CATHOLIC CHURCH. Simple, through baptism and other sacramentals offered by the living church(CATHOLIC CHURCH) Why am i saying this. Jesus said to peter "on you i will build my church the gate of hell will not prevail over it" A very clear portion from the bible passage. Of which peter was the first pope the key of heaven was being given to him and his successors. you see! What ever the pope binds here on earth will be bound in heaven. What ever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.(Mt. 18:18) Open your eyes and see clearly.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by truthislight: 12:53am On Nov 21, 2013
hisblud: please open another thread on the kingdom of God which according to paul is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. EOD

Heheheheh grin

funny dude.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Revelation 21:4).

Smh. "Christian"
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lisasonesis: 1:04am On Nov 21, 2013
Proffruleoflaw: Just imagine the confusion this your explanation is causing. Then u will end it by saying "it is only IF the holy spirit reveals it, you can't understand it"

How did I confuse u? thought you've been reading my previous posts?
THERE IS GOD THE FATHER
THERE IS GOD THE SON
THERE IS GOD THE HOLYGHOST
This is a mystery human knowledge cannot explain it.
in the beginning these 3 were in Godhead.
Bible says that these 3 bear witness in heaven; the father, his word and the holy spirit
God the Father never leaves His throne. He manifest himself through his word and his spirit incubate on the word that proceed from the father and bring it to past.

Like I said before there was no Jesus in heaven like some of our brethren mistaken Jesus to be archangel.
Jesus was in the father
Jesus was the word of the father(living inside Him) the personality of a man is justified in his word.
To tell u how they operate the father speak Jesus(his word) and his spirit(the holy spirit) bring it to pass.

Still John 1 tells us that Jesus(the word ) created the heavens and d earth.
that same WORD God spoke forth to Mary and the holy spirit incubated on d spoken word and Mary conceived the WORD .( this is the reason y some people who do not understand it would always say that the holy spirit got Mary pregnant and some would say it was angel Gabriel)
The name JESUS was given during Mary conception.
This WORD became flesh and dwelt among us.
there is a reason he came, to reconcile us with the father. God the father gave him a kingdom where he establishes the new creation in Christ. this kingdom is where we are now and a time will come when he will present this kingdom to the father.
Qtn: is Jesus separated from the Godhead operation which was in existence because of this special assignment of coming to reconcile us to the father?
Jesus is the son of God an He is God himself. Jesus is not a small god nevertheless equality should not be our drive but salvation.
I picked interest in this matter because someone said that Jesus is not God. Find out who Jesus is it will help u solve some doubts. and until u understand the operation and personality of DEITY my dear u can't preach HIM lest u make mistakes and quote out of contest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 21, 2013
hisblud: me been deceitful. Ok oh, did this occur? Answer me yes or no, long grammar not needed. are we still seeing trouble?

Secondly, which bible did the prophet use to come about the chronology that culminated in trouble ending in 1914 ? Thank you

So stop lies about NWT please.

That publication you quoted. After some research on this subject, I doubt if Russell stated that 1914 will be an end to times of trouble. I just cant lay hand on that publication you quoted.

But let me quoted secular source of what the witness spoke about. First they preached that that year will be the end of the gentile times, though not having full knowledge of what really was going to happpen. the time of the gentiles did end in that year and we ve not changed that belief till today cos we saw the visible manifestation of it.

Though some began to have uninscriptural expectation that they were going to receive their reward in heaven that year, this was not included in the chronology which gave rise to the prediction of the end of the gentile times. it was just an expectation arising from there not knowing fully what will happen after 1914. If this wrong expectation is what you mean, then you are correct, that however, never meant that what they said about 1914 failed.

But they did indeed saw that that year will mark the beginning of troubles NOT end of it according to Matthew's account. Lets see the local Newspaper report.

“The terrific war outbreak in Europe has fulfilled an extraordinary prophecy. For a quarter of a century past, through preachers and through press, the ‘International Bible Students,’ best known as ‘Millennial Dawners,’ have been proclaiming to the world that the Day of Wrath prophesied in the Bible would dawn in 1914. ‘Look out for 1914!’ has been the cry of the hundreds of traveling evangelists.”—The World, a New York newspaper, August 30, 1914.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 21, 2013
hisblud: please open another thread on the kingdom of God which according to paul is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost. EOD

Say that your kingdom of God here.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lisasonesis: 3:13am On Nov 21, 2013
More so, do u not believe that THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT ARE ONE? if yes! ok let's see some references;
1 John 4:4 .......greater is HE that's in u
qtn: who is this he that's in u? is it Jesus or is it the Father or the holy spirit?
like I said, the father never leaves his throne .we are told in the bible that THE HOLY SPIRIT is the angel of God's presence. in other words He is the conveyor of God's presence.I said the HolySpirit is the doer of God's work.
God was in heaven yet he was in Jesus "....THE FATHER IN ME DOETH THE WORK" say Jesus.
qtn: is the Holy Spirit the Father? Yes! Has God the father left his throne? no. is the holy spirit another hierarchy of God? no. God cannot function without His spirit. (remember, Two persons in one God)
the father is in heaven but sends his spirit. it's a mystery.
John 16:13 Howbeit when he the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide u into all truth. for he shall not speak of himself..
GREATER IS HE THAT'S IN U.....is it talking about Jesus or the Holy ghost? if it's talking about Jesus ok let's see;
John14 :16 And I will pray to the father, and he shall give u another comforter that he may abide with u forever.
17 Even the spirit of truth who the world cannot receive because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him; for he dwelleth with u n shall BE IN U.
can there be manifestation of the spirit if there is no word of God(Jesus)? no.
Jesus is not complete without the church so also is God Almighty without THE FATHER, THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.

CHRIST IN U THE HOPE OF THE GLORY
Qtn: is Jesus not Christ? if he is how come Jesus is living inside of me and the Holy ghost is also living inside of me? does that mean two personalities are in me? hmm
this will begin to explain to u that these 3 are one Godhead.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 3:16am On Nov 21, 2013
Lovine: Well from my careful study of this group for many years all I can say is that they preach the word of God (letters)but lacks the Spirit of God and His righteousness. In the last day or when Jesus comes again which they say he will come in the secret not in glare of everyone, He will not ask you which church, watchtower, or synagogue you attended, but will only care for those WHO WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH. Do you worship God in Spirit and truth? Jn 4: 21-24.

ok, but i dont agree with the bolded. The bible shows that true christians will receive power when the holy spirit arives upon them, and they will be witnesses of him in Judea, Sammaria, and to the MOST distant part of the earth. And you can honestly say who indulge much in this work as a group. Even many have confessed they cant do as much as the witnesses do in preaching the goodnews. Who made this possible, their effort alone? I dont think so.

As to which church you belong to, my brother it is true that mainly belonging to a true religion is not a guarantee of salvation. You have to put up effort, but YOUR FAITH is important, and your belief can MAKE OR MAR YOU. Can you please check what Eph. 4:4,5 says? Did it say faiths?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 21, 2013
Area-Fada:
Jesus never said that true Christians will be popular or be friends with presidents, politicians or have big worldly positions.

Instead true Christians would the loathed and persecuted.

I am no JW but if there are any Christians that at least try to practice what they preach, it's JWs. Of course there would be some black sheep among them, even Jesus couldn't prevent ONE EVIL one among the twelve.

wonderful. sincerity pays!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 21, 2013
Copee: Because they move from house to hose disturbing peoples lives.

lol. thanks for expressing your views dear. True, it could be quite disturbing for some when you approach them when they are really not in the mood. We do adjust to some who we find are very busy or are not in the mood. We do not intend to disturb people, however, we truely observe that some do not lack interest because they are not interested in the bible. But it could be that they dont want to listen to the message cos of misconception of whom we are or are simply troubled by one problem or the other.

As one who has love for their nabor, we would not want to just live him like that. For eg, I was preaching to one guy like that when he shouted "WHAT? are you sure you are a JWs?" I said yes. I inquired why he was surprised, he said that he taught that we dont believe in Jesus Christ cos the message I came with was about Jesus. Do you know that now, he tells me to keep coming. This man says he doesnt listen to the witnesses before cos of this misconception.

Many have refused listening to us cos they think that our use of the name Jehovah is false. when you tactfully approach this persons and they see it in the bible that His name is Jehovah, they are like "what, wait let me bring my bible". for some who are shown in there kjv at Psalms 83:18, they become surprised. many have become JWs just because of this.

At a doorstep, one woman immediately confronted me with a reason why she doesnt listen to the witness. her reason was that we believe that some righteous ones will be here on earth. when I told her to read Psalms 37:9, 29 in her bible, she simply cannot believe her eyes. A study was started with this woman.

So the fact that someone rejects us today is not a guarrantee that he will reject us forever. That is why we dont give up. secondly, our message is a life saving one. What other good can you do to your friend!

Do you even know that some do tell us, "hey, you people are true fellowers of Christ, but I cant join you people cos I CANT CARRY THAT BAG, to preach from house to house is my greatest fear."
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by sambama: 4:03am On Nov 21, 2013
I tire for all of una. Una wan craze ontop this middle east people religion and history. Middle Eastern war in NL. African Traditional Religion sure pass, make I go give 'baba' my offering of fowl and yam.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 21, 2013
Lovine: No body hated the JW but they just preach a contrary gospel which is of works and never believed that Christ is the Almighty, Alpha and Omega, etc, Rev. 22:13 called Jesus Alpha and Omega, who is coming back to rule and to judge? JESUS, Rev.1:8 called Him Alpha and Omega, Jesus is the only one who came and will come again. But JW don't believe this, unless they have now. Read more Isaiah 44: 6, Rev. 4:8, etc

I truely understand your point, but one fact is indisputable, Jesus cannot claim to be omniscience like God. God doesnt serve anyone and cannot stick to the commandment of any God, But Jesus serve God and sticks to God's commandment.

watch this: Jesus is greater than God, God is a son of Jesus, Jesus is the Father of God, Jesus is the God of the almighty God, Jesus was the one who taught God, and God does the will of Jesus not His own.

Do you feel comfortable with those words?

But can you turn the equation around. Put Jesus in place of God and God in place of Jesus. I hope that will make you more comfortable? But why does the first equation look somehow? You mind must be telling you something now.

Secondly, If you want to tell us the relationship between equals, what human relationship will you pick? Perhaps, you could say, 'they are twince' sort of. at least no one looks older than the other with a day, not so?. But when Jesus wants to tell us the relationship between him and God, he uses "FATHER AND SON". What information do you think he wants to pass across? Is it not logical to state that he wants us to know that one (the Father) is older than the other (the son)? Does that make any sense to you?

With the above in mind, Do you want us to discuss that Revelation?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 21, 2013
anitank: Becos they come to ur house, unannounced, on a Sunday afternoon after u have obviously been to church and heard the word of God....then they want to impose their doctrine on you undecided

I enjoy reading their watchtower and Awake magazines tho

We really acknowledge the fact that those in our territory have love for God and many have zeal for him. We never want to impose our teachings on them, but we believe that as a lover of God they are, that their are things we have that will help them serve God the right way.

Paul knew that the jews had zeal for God and that they also worship him, but he never refrain from bringing an important message to their notice. And he does this by proving his point, not just stating it.

They now journeyed through Am·phip′o·lis and Ap·ol·lo′ni·a and came to Thes·sa·lo·ni′ca, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 So according to Paul’s custom he went inside to them, and for three sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving by references that it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead, and [saying]: “This is the Christ, this Jesus whom I am publishing to YOU.”

Remember this was a place of worship, and this people learn about the same God not satan, but Paul deemed it fit to go and extend them his message, proving it too. compare also Acts 18:28
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Synthase: That satan was banished to earth in 1914 and this was why the first world war happen! See advanced brainwashing wonder who had been behind all those other major wars in the earlier centuries grin
however, I thoroughly enjoy their publications like awake and watchtower, well researched articles.

Ya, we have reason to believe in that. any witness will be happy to explain that to you. Just book a date with them. It is when you see there reason, then they will be happy to hear your own thought about the matter.

This can get you started.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005159?q=1914&p=par
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 21, 2013
maxdozie: Dia bibles are different from our own.. They said dia is no hell... Chai!!!... Etc 2much confusion... Would be sincere i lock my door when they knock...

We believe that hell exists. why wont we believe it when Jesus went to hell and some other righteous ones. Acts 2:31. The problem is that most do not know what hell means.

As for our translation, I will like to start by your identifying those differences. lets start there.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by zinaunreal(m): 5:00am On Nov 21, 2013
Na By force to collect pamphlet?

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 21, 2013
Ozichim:

You don't have to listen to the Jehovah witness people if you don't know your bible.
Reason is that they will capitalize on your ignorant and confuse you with their crammed Bible passages.

Personally I don't avoid them at all; the Jehovah witness people try to avoid me.
As for me I don't have anything to discourse with manipulators. Jehovah witness people should not be called Christians, as they don't believe in Christ’s teaching, and most teaching of the New Testament.
Infarct Jehovah witness people could be more dangerous than Islam, even though they are the same.
Islam is clear on their stand, they are open to be against Christianity but Jehovah witness hinds amongst Christians but they are operating with the same spirit as Islam.
Any Christian that knew himself and what is happening should know that Jehovah witness are not to be called Christian group.

Your annoyance is quite noted. many see it the way you do too. but look at it this way: I can as well say all the above you said about you. I can as well say that you shouldnt be called a Christian and that you are a manipulator and you are worse than a muslim. So who is right and who is wrong? We will then move to the next stage: PROVE YOUR POINT, let us see who is right.

After all people called Jesus names, even the apostles. Inshort they are the hated religion at the time. Didnt it change whom they were? no. Those opposers cant even prove their point. they just hate them without cause.

Lets start: 1. who is a Christian? 2. what are the identities of true Christians? 3. why do you think the witnesses do not fit in?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 21, 2013
Zakamori:
They are in error on many things bro. Even though I used to listen to them, and wish I could correct their errors when I find them, they always think they are always right. Which isnt so.

In what in particular did you correct them, and what are your reasons?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 21, 2013
bfmconcepts: If all Christians are addicted evangelist like these Jehovah witness, the gospel would have spread throughout the world.
Secondly, all their preaching have biblical backup. So, what are we saying?
Personally, I like them though am not a member. Their publication is educative and expository
Many Churches today are full of worldly activities, not committed to the great commission of spreading the gospel

thanks for the honesty. All those talking will not spend half of there own time to preach their church doctrine as the witnesses do, but they will sit to criticize people who make great effort in carrying out the great commission. Well if they didnt criticize this way, even when they see praiseworthy job we do, how then can Jesus words about slave is not greater than the master fulfill?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 21, 2013
ROSSIKE: Jehovah's witnesses are even worse than the 'regular' christian sects. The JWs ESSENTIALLY preach that the only way for a soul to transit to heaven is by becoming a Jehovah's Witness. That's like Deeper Life people claiming such exclusive quality for their sect. It's frankly ridiculous. I mean, it's bad enough christians as a whole claiming this ridiculous exclusivity for themselves, but when a sect within that same religion now narrows down a soul's salvation prospects to his observance of their own parochial interpretation of the same basic 'holy texts', you know there's a major problem. They are the most deluded of the lot, the JWs.

Well we never stated that it is only Jehovah's witnesses that will go to heaven. we believe that before we came on board that some that championed the course of truth in the past could be of the heavenly class. At that time the xtian wheats were scattered. But we cannot say for sure whom they were.

The fact is that it is not left in our hands to determine who will and who will not be saved. that assignment has been given to Jesus.

However, there is one faith not two. Eph. 4:4, 5

We warn people that being in false religion can hamper their salvation. Rev. 18:4

The truth sets free. john 8:32

God's house cannot be divided into contradictory teachings. Matt. 12:25

Your belief can affect your salvation. So we warn people of the implication of those bible portions and others.

Jesus cant talk about the identity of true christians if all Christian religion leads to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lastpage: 6:00am On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: Do u acknowledge Jesus Christ as God? john 1:10-12. if u dnt den u ar nt Christian simple.

"[size=18pt]Figuratively and Metaphorically", ......YES! [/size]

Just like you would look at a "Child" who resembles his father so much ..........and call him a "CARBON COPY"!
But we all know that you cant carbon-copy a human-being (Cloning is an attempt though).
But in "reality", they are still two, separate and distinct entities.

In that sense, Jesus is referred to as "God" .......But there are so many instances in the Bible where Jesus himself made "clear and irrefutable distinction" between himself, and his heavenly "Father" and emphasized that their relationship is that of "Father and Son".

For example, when he resurrected, he refused to let them touch him saying he needs to ascend to his father in heaven. He prayed to "His father" asking that the "cup pass over him but if it is his will, then let thy will be done, just before he was crucified.

Take your own Bible and read the following passages. The words in bracket are mine, references l inserted to explain more to those who might find it difficult to follow the train of thought in the passages
Phillipians 2: 5-11:Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus Christ (6) who being in "very nature of God", did NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY with God something to be grasped.... (9) Therefore god "exalted him" to the highest place ....above all name ...(11) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is "LORD" , to the glory of "GOD THE FATHER".
John 1: 1-14 ~ In the beginning was the "word", and the word was WITH GOD, and the "word" was (a) God.
(2): "He" was with God in the beginning.
(Note: that Jesus was called "The word of God" because through him all things are made from the beginning, Jesus was with God and the article "He" was used for Jesus and it shows a material entity that was with God, in the beginning.

(14): The "word" became flesh and made his dwelling amongst us (Jesus takes on human flesh). We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only who came FROM THE "FATHER" (God), full of grace and truth.

I Corinthians 15; 22-28: For as 'in Adam' all die, so 'in Jesus Christ' all will be made alive. (23): But each in his own turn: Christ (first, as he resurrected), then the first fruits (144,000), then when he (Christ) comes, (next is) those who belong to him.
(24): Then the "end" will come when he (Jesus) hands over the Kingdom to GOD THE FATHER, after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power
(28): When he has done this, then the Son (Jesus) himself will be made "subject" to him (God) who put everything under him (Jesus) so that God (father) may be all in all.

So my friend, l am not hear to support J.W (l dont fancy them that much, despite the hug of one of them here!), l am here to share with you, what is found in the Bible so that we ma both gain accurate understanding of who God is, who Jesus is and the relationship between both.

It is a completely False teaching to say Jesus is the "same entity" as God, his Father. Yes, they work together as one, for a single purpose but they are still not one single entity.

Lastpage!

BTW: I am appalled by the level of ignorance most people here are spewing about J.W's and the Bible in general. Dont you people ever read and meditate on your Bible apart from Sunday-Sunday worship?!
If you dont know teh J.W's, or dont understand what they preach, it is better you "study them and their beliefs", go back to your own house or church, open your Bible and compare what they teach you with what the Bible says. if you have 'issues' still, call them back and have a "Bible fight" with them till you get a clear understanding of the Bible's position on such issues. You dont have to convert or agree with them at the end of the day but you will surely improve your understanding of the Bible ... and that is good for your soul.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lastpage: 6:25am On Nov 21, 2013
kenonze: l love JW but disagree with their ideas on blood transfusion. I am a Doc with yrs of experience. JW accept other components of blood that do not have red cells. but they failed to understand that "blood " has different components of which the red cells are just a fraction of it. it truely they wanna reject blood transfusion, they should reject it in totality not in fraction.

kenonze,
I am not a J.W but l dont accept blood transfusion as well.
WHY: The Word of God said "Of the Blood, you shall not eat".
Some will say if l dont put it into my mouth, l have not "eaten it" but l will remind them that mouth is not the only means of eating (feeding), even sick people of little children and those in Guantanamo are forced fed by "tube" through the nose, and it has the same effect as 'eating from the mouth.
You can inject food using needles and you can even "smoke' it. Just one of many means of "eating" something.

Now, l understand the dangers inherent in acute blood-loss or need for more blood volume.
The thing is, depending on your "level of fate", you may want to ask yourself if you have that level of fate to follow God's word to the letter.
Remember, he said "if we have (enough) faith", we will command the mountain to move into the sea and it will obey!

I can attest to the fact that at least three different times, l have signed a "No Blood" for myself and my family, when Doctors insist we must accept blood. In those cases, we got over it without blood transfusion, even the Doctors shake their head in disbelief!
(one, during wifeys C.S operation and she lost a lot of blood, two when baby came very prematurely (27wks) and again when l cut my veins, and lost a lot of blood when doing some home DIY with Tiles)

Now, l think you are referring to "alternatives to blood" like "Blood expanders" which they have researched very well and aided in developing to a level whereby it can substitute blood transfusion.

All the same, l will not force/push anyone to abstain from blood transfusion, in the face of death since their level of faith might not carry them through. Like Jesus said in the Bible will say, "Your Faith has healed you".
I've seen people who took the blood and eventually die! shocked shocked
It boils down to whether we value our life more, than following God's express command. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 21, 2013
lastpage: Okay, l am an "independent Observer" and can tell you some home truths about these issue at hand.
I am "independent" because "I am NOT a member of J.W sect" ..... but l am a Christian who has had at the minimum, 35 years of "study and association" with the Witnesses.
I have read and studied with them, every book they have published, from the toddler "My Book of Bible stories", to the most recent adult ones like Revelation...

My parents died as practicing J.W.s and l have brothers and sisters who are 'elders' amongst them as l write now.
All l am saying is I know them wella wella.

But as a "non-baptized" J.W, l also know other Sects very well as l have mixed/attended church services with them and examined their teachings and still do till date.

MY VERDICT:
Pros:
J.W's are one of the best Christian sects available. They preach the Bible with fervor, they are very stubborn and persistent when it comes to obeying the Bible injunction to "preach the Good News to all". Thats is probably why you abuse them today and they are back next week, like nothing happened.

"Majority of them are not into get-rich quick schemes that other churches practice, they dont scare you with "fire and brimstone-stone", just so they can pinch your pocket! grin They are the only sect that actual dedicate a large part of their time to under-studying God's word, the Bible (l guess that is why they would win any Biblical discuss since they know what they are talking about, most times.).

They preach House-to-House as the Bible commands. To some very large extent, they will excommunicate a "thieving Brother" very quickly, unlike other Pentecostal Churches and Catholics church where "Thieves and treasury Looters" are elevated and given High-Seat and Titles. They dont serve God by fear-mongering (Eternal hell fire, dont drink, e.t.c) but they have their own issues as you will see below.
They dont "erect special chair" for anyone (not even the most revered elder in the congregation) as anyone who has business of "delivering a lecture that day, is entitled to seat upfront close to the pulpit or anywhere for that matter. They preach and practice "Equality", as per that.

Hardly do you know where their "offering Box" is! They dont hammer "Money!! Money!! Money!!!" during their services but just 'encourage' you to do your offering in "one SINGLE SENTENCE" and no more (yet they are not broke! kiss )
Finally a no-brainer: They are the only Religious Organisation that dont use their "Church Service" to be a nuisance to the environment! You can live next door to their Kingdom Hall/Church but even though they use Amplifiers and Speakers, they would never turn it so high as to inconvenience you! .... unlike our other "cash-and-carry" churches and Mosques!

Cons: They are excessively arrogant, they think they are the only "chosen one" (reminds me of Jose Mourinho!).
They are unnecessarily rigid in their daily life and have "doctrines" which portray them as "followers of the letter of the law" (more like the law is an as.s some times!). For example, they say a woman should not wear Trouser but "abroad", l see their members wear same Trouser!
They get some "Biblical facts" very wrong! In their effort to prove superior, they "over-do" certain things (No Christmas is an example, but they forget that Jesus did not use Microphone and Amplifiers which they make use of in their Kingdom Worship hall, as of today!
They want to "copy verbatim", everything as was done by Jesus or his Apostles! ... though not a bad thing to attempt but we all know it is IMPRACTICAL.
At times, they tend to be snobbish and worst of all are those amongst them who have "limited knowledge" of the Bible.
They can be very controlling and busy-body. Some of their members are pretentious when it comes to "se*x"! grin grin
They'v made a lot of "gasp and clear misses" (outrightly wrong Predictions tongue ) in the past but as knowledge is increasing, l think they have adjusted and wont stick their neck out anymore (less we wringe it for them grin ).
Finally, they should respect my right to have a siesta on a cool evening! Knock just once, if there is no answer, dont start "dusting your feet" on my door or else thunder fire you! Just walk away and try another day! wink

In all, l will give them 80%. If they can work on their "negatives", l will not hesitate to refer to them as the "best Sect" that you can join, if not to be a member but at least to "expand your Knowledge of God's word in the Bible.

Lastpage!

BTW: Just my honest opinion and l speak from my own vast interactions with them, over time.
Now guys, dont turn this into a bashing exercise, just state what you like or dislike about them and move on.

That was an honest puring of your heart. True we ve made mistakes, and we dont claim infallibility. This text is not discussing styles of clothing. The prohibition concerns one’s putting on things specifically designed for the opposite sex. We know how important it is to have the truth, so we change when we see need to. I personally love that quality.

I want to say that we try to get the principle underlying a bible passage other than just following the letters. We do not preach against a woman putting women trouses, but we advise our sisters not to wear cos it will stumble people in our locality (Nigeria). And we stress that modesty is determined by others not the one putting the dress. Now the law at Deuteronomy is not discussing styles of clothing. The prohibition concerns one’s putting on things specifically designed for the opposite sex.

So in foreign lands where trousers do not stumble people, a Christian is permitted to put it on ie the style for women.

On the part of Christmas, I think an honest search will show you that that festival is not for Christians. things with pagan origin, ie in there worship, shouldnt be brought into christian worship. Mic and amplifiers didnt originate from paganism.

Of course, we will expect people with hypocritical lifestyle even in true worship. I still know that we give such ones the right treatment when the crime is known.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 21, 2013
I recieve them if they are with AWAKE, but if they are not with AWAKE, i close my ears.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by cedarjah: 6:52am On Nov 21, 2013
[quote author=try69]They should go and preach in the places where the good news has not been heard, it's good for christianity. What more do they want to tell me that I don't know [color=#990000][/color] @ TRY69 U ARE REALLY AN APOSTATE, WHEN U KNOW THE TRUTH AND STAY BY IT, IT WILL GIVE U LIFE, BUT WHEN U KICK THE TRUTH, U KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES TOO.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 21, 2013
lastpage:

kenonze,
I am not a J.W but l dont accept blood transfusion as well.
WHY: The Word of God said "Of the Blood, you shall not eat".
Some will say if l dont put it into my mouth, l have not "eaten it" but l will remind them that mouth is not the only means of eating (feeding), even sick people of little children and those in Guantanamo are forced fed by "tube" through the nose, and it has the same effect as 'eating from the mouth.
You can inject food using needles and you can even "smoke' it. Just one of many means of "eating" something.

Now, l understand the dangers inherent in acute blood-loss or need for more blood volume.
The thing is, depending on your "level of fate", you may want to ask yourself if you have that level of fate to follow God's word to the letter.
Remember, he said "if we have (enough) faith", we will command the mountain to move into the sea and it will obey!

I can attest to the fact that at least three different times, l have signed a "No Blood" for myself and my family, when Doctors insist we must accept blood. In those cases, we got over it without blood transfusion, even the Doctors shake their head in disbelief!
(one, during wifeys C.S operation and she lost a lot of blood, two when baby came very prematurely (27wks) and again when l cut my veins, and lost a lot of blood when doing some home DIY with Tiles)

Now, l think you are referring to "alternatives to blood" like "Blood expanders" which they have researched very well and aided in developing to a level whereby it can substitute blood transfusion.

All the same, l will not force/push anyone to abstain from blood transfusion, in the face of death since their level of faith might not carry them through. Like Jesus said in the Bible will say, "Your Faith has healed you".
I've seen people who took the blood and eventually die! shocked shocked
It boils down to whether we value our life more, than following God's express command. wink wink

Hmmmm, so sincere ones do exist?

Your stand about trinity and this one is so great. I like to follow people like you, at least if you object anything in our belief, I believe you have a reason for doing so which are not coloured by religious bias.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lightening: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2013
TroGunn:

You can discuss "divinity of Jesus", of course.

True, Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, according to the Bible anyway. Jesus himself said the Father (God Almighty) is above him and sent him and even directs him on what to say.

John 12:49 "I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it".

Understanding that and following Jesus' wonderful example, which is basically focussing on doing his Father's will is important.

Matt 7:21 - “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Pls read John 1vs 1. There is no other name given whereby we might be saved (Acts 4v12). At the mention of that name every knee in heaven, on earth and under the earth bows.
Pls check.if they are in your own bible.These are deep.revelations that defies carnal argument.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by tattesco(m): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2013
The truth is their own veiw is contradictory to what they taught me in our church. Somtimes I use to run away from home lolz
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Atigba: 7:12am On Nov 21, 2013
Pee2k3: JW ar carrying false gospel news. I hv spend several time wt dem and their masseges ar contradicting the Holy bible. their life styles ar filled wt pretence . they don't even believe in Jesus Christ as d saviour of d world. they ar all hypocrisies. stay away from them because they ar totally bad news. I am currently regretting marrying one of them.
HAHAHAHAHA
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by krixik(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2013
Because they believe that their own christian sect is the only truthful one while others are fake. That's why they MUST not allow or listen to any other preaching than theirs while they will expect people to always give them audience whenever they visit.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lex11(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2013
Booty butt chic: Like why do people treat the jehovah witnesses like a plaque whenever they come to people houses.like dis sunday and also last sunday too,I wuz at a freinds place(christians oo) and the jehovah witnesses came,before dey could even open deir mouth 2 say who dey were after greeting while stAndin at the entrance door,my freinds elder one just came and banged the door at their faces like Dafuq....is dis forreal...I wuz like wat wuz d reason, dey were like don't mind dem johr.... So Nlanders do u do it too,and if u do,wat makes avoid dem weneva dey come 2 your house

Happy sunday.

Modified)-i made frontpage again embarassed embarassed wink wink

The mods are wise wink cheesy grin
======
Simply put. they spread a false gospel (apparently they don't believe that The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD - see John 1:1-3, Rev 1:1-8, etc).... and they do so aggressively/dogmatically).

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. - 2 John 1:10-11
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by isioku(m): 7:47am On Nov 21, 2013
When I was in Enugu, they used to visit on sunday mornings before I went to church and I found interractions with them interesting. I recall we argued a lot about the practices of the church viz a viz the provisions of the bible. I dont believe one should be rude to an adverse religious adherent just because of some points of difference. Afterall, most people haven't the inspiration to even understand the teachings of our faith. We rely on other peoples interpretation too (the priests who some are not really priests). A healthy discourse of what you don't understand is also good. For me, I'm Anglican but I receive them, interract with them and request the Awake. Watchtower is too doctrinal for me, so I don't read it. I also give them a token to encourage the publication. But I haven't seen them here at Iponri Estate, Surulere, Lagos. Jws team take note oooooo
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by hardbody: 7:54am On Nov 21, 2013
Godson201333: By the way why is it that they do not like praying to God ??

You listen to a lot of hearsay. They generally object to public praying which is more of a showy display. They pray at their place of worship and they direct their prayers to God in the name of Jesus Christ. By the way, don't you know you also have a direct access to God through Jesus? Why do you request some unknown person to channel your request to your father? Are u a learner?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Folu Adeboye 72nd Birthday: Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife With Special Message / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.