Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39175 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
War Horse:

Hello friend, I found this in the same chapter John 1:18

"18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

My understanding is that there is God - The Almighty and his only begotten Son who is Jesus Christ. Jesus can be called a god. But he is not and never God Almighty. That title is for his father - Jehovah. This is why Jehovah God, up till now, has never been seen by any man. We only know him from what his son Jesus has told and shown us of him.

http://www.jw.org/en/
pls check john 14:9. Jesus Christ is d same as God d father. u need holy spirit for better undastanding. dnt b carnal like Philip
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
Beync: If they did it to our master, how much more do you think they will do to us servants? It is expected and we are not deterred by rejection or opposition. And yes, there are right hearted ones who always receives us becos they want to know the truth.
who is ur master? The master u dnt know and spread false news about him. if u claimed to know him den tell me who is he
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ceejayluv(m): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
DrugDoc: Reasonable concerned Africans reject Jehovah Witnesses (JWs) because:

1. JWs are control freaks. They[b] use the bible to separate you from your family and the society at large. Before you know it, all your friends and interactions are with JWs only[/b]. JWs teach that the devil is controlling the UN, countries, flags, birthdays celebrations, which makes you uncomfortable anywhere outside a JW environment. Then you can never leave them because they are all that you know after a few years.

2. Their teachings are flawed and baseless. Take for instance that being separate from "the world", which makes Jehovah Witnesses the only true religion. But JW's are an organization started by European-Americans. America itself is land stolen from the natives (native Americans) who have been mostly killed off and confined to refugee camps to this day. Yet JWs live in this stolen land of America and have their Headquarters in NY. They enjoy the proceeds of slavery and imperial wars of America through the schools and hospitals and infrastructure of America. Yet they claim to be "separate from the world". They even pay taxes to the devil (Beast) controlled governments that belong to the UN. They are really insane then. They make use of technology that were invented by devil organizations like the USA Army. One such invention is called the internet.

3. They change their teachings, or false prophesies. They claimed Jesus will return in 1914, then 1974 and then changed it to by the time everyone alive in 1914 would have died. How are you sure they won't change present teachings after you have sacrificed your live living by them?

4. As an African, you need to go and educate yourself on your culture and traditions and the future of your race. These white organizations are coming from super rich countries that are busy bettering their conditions here on earth while these strange religions distract you with their rubbish.

5. Some of their members secretly accept blood transfusion and conduct abortions. I am in healthcare and I know this for a FACT. I don't blame them at all, JW teachings are insane on these topics.

5. JW are probably the least educated religion in the world. But their founders were very educated men. They discourage education and will encourage you to walk the streets of Africa spreading a Judeo-christian religion. It is one of the most tragic consequences of our defeat by the Europeans for them to send their non-sense missionaries to create confusion and sheep-like Africans.
E
6. Any sincere humble soul, searching for answers is ice cream to the JWs. They enjoy manipulating and controlling people, less educated and studied people at that. There are better ways an African can live his/her life than being a Jehovah's witness. Arrrghhhh!
Oh pls!! Give me any religion that doesn't have some flawed teachings...
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ochefio: 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
for your airtel 3.5gb email me at ochefio6@gmail.com or call 08084415446
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by hardbody: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo: What do you mean by gospel truth?

That Jesus came in 1914?

That heaven got filled in 1935?

That Abraham, Isaac and Jacob came to earth in 1925?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

i have taken time to respond to this because i needed to touch base with them (JW). They have categorically denied the 4 items u put up there as not forming part of their beliefs. Now you see how you people fabricate lies against them?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
I have just a Simple Question for You!
[b]How did God beget Jesus Christ{not on Earth o....Before time began} ?
If you can Quote any scripture about it,its welcome!!

True, Christ is often called "only-begotten" Son. Begotten means "to father or produce as offspring" - vocabulary.com

So, since Christ existed before coming to earth, he was "begotten" before then, as you rightly pointed out.

Here are few verses that gives a good indication how:

Proverbs 8:22 ( generally accepted to refer to Christ) - “Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation and from before all of his works.” (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Col 1:15 - "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"

Rev 3:14 - “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation". (English Standard Version)

From the above, best conclusion is that God created Jesus Christ as the very first creation.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by EejaNla01(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Smh! See confusion angry
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Maximus85(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Godson201333: By the way why is it that they do not like praying to God ??

Who do they pray to?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Beync(f): 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pee2k3: who is ur master? The master u dnt know and spread false news about him. if u claimed to know him den tell me who is he
sorry, I will not indulge in any blind argument with you cos it's obvious what you are in for. I converse with people who have genuine interest to discuss the truth.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses pray, but if you think otherwise visit their place of worship.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
Beync: sorry, I will not indulge in any blind argument with you cos it's obvious what you are in for. I converse with people who have genuine interest to discuss the truth.
simply confess ur sins, accept Jesus, live a holy life and b save and stop spreading histories dt has nothing to do wt making heaven
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Lovine: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am a muslim & I think the JW are cool. I have every edition of Awake for the past 9 years,I find it highly interesting and educating

Then what stop you from joining them?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Maximus85(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
try69: They should go and preach in the places where the good news has not been heard, it's good for christianity. What more do they want to tell me that I don't know OK, this is what I know

I'll just ask you a very simple question. If Jesus was God in the flesh, Who was he praying to all the times he prayed? and at his Baptism, who said those things about Jesus being his son and that we should listen to him?

You knw John 3:16 sooooo well. Jesus is God abi? And he sent himself to earth, he called himself his own begotten son abi?.

I pray that someday, God will OPEN ur mind eyes
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
TroGunn:

True, Christ is often called "only-begotten" Son. Begotten means "to father or produce as offspring" - vocabulary.com

So, since Christ existed before coming to earth, he was "begotten" before then, as you rightly pointed out.

Here are few verses that gives a good indication how:

Proverbs 8:22 ( generally accepted to refer to Christ) - “Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation and from before all of his works.” (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Col 1:15 - "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"

Rev 3:14 - “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God’s creation". (English Standard Version)

From the above, best conclusion is that God created Jesus Christ as the very first creation.
Thats cool bro...Thanks 4 the answer!!
This now leads to my main question.....Since Jesus is the first of Gods creation,how was He created/begotten?
Please,bear this in mind while replying me..
John1:2 "All things were made Through Him,and Without Him,nothing was made that was Made"
Gen1:1 "In the Beginning,God created the heavens and the earth"

I know u might be inclined to ask me why i put those verses there...But dont okay!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
JMAN05:

They pray to God thru Jesus Christ sir. If you mean the first call, they wont pray, but if the study is established, they will begin and close with prayer. ie for bible study.
besides u must show respect when praying to Jehovah God. He is not human. Even when taking to somebody u must show respect, talk less of the Almighty.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
i love them,i dont hate them,they possess great biblical knowlegde,only the blood tranfusion ish stuff...nothing more
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
I have just a Simple Question for You!
How did God beget Jesus Christ{not on Earth o....Before time began} ?
If you can Quote any scripture about it,its welcome!!

Fine question. Friend, have you ever read Colosians 1: 13 - 17.

Colossians 1:13-17

King James Version (KJV)

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Notice that it is talking about Jesus who is referred to as "His dear son". Jesus is also said to be the image of his invisible father. The how is he God Almighty? Jesus is the first person that God created. Every other thing came through Jesus
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lond07: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
This now leads to my main question.....Since Jesus is the first of Gods creation,how was He created/begotten?
John1:2 "All things were made Through Him,and Without Him,nothing was made that was Made"

I know u might be inclined to ask me why i put those verses there...But dont okay!

Please explain Col 1:15 in view of the underlying questions .....

1. What does it mean to call someone a creation?
2. when you now go further to describe him as [first born], what does that imply?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 6:40pm On Nov 20, 2013

That Jesus came in 1914?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

brother man, NO J.W will ever say all you have mentioned here. besides they are no prophets and they do not prophesy.

get your facts ryt bro
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
then whom do they pray to?......
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by mrakin(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
1. JW are imperfect humans who try to conform their lifestyle with bible laws and principles.
2. JW rely on the bible. They use different bible translations to teach the word of God
3. JW live a simple lifestyle, they focus on preaching and teaching the truth of God's word. They do not struggle with others to become wealthy by all means. They pursue the amount of education that can meet their basic needs.
3. JW do not condemn those who are not among them. That is why they preach the good news of GOD'S kingdom to them.
4. They are the most organized, they have love among themselves. They are not perfect.

Concerning their beliefs, they are bible based.
Pls visit : www.jw.org .

We love all those we preach to. We are not tribalistic. We are not hypocritical. We try to be honest, polite and respectful. We are hardworking and loyal, we have bible-trained conscience. We rely on God for support and we pray to God through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ our lord. We are not perfect. Not all who attend our meetings are Jehovah's Witnesses.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Immatex(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2013

That Jesus came in 1914?

The most un-intelligent to do is lie against a highly educated and documented organisation. The things we believe and the things u said above are in sharp contrast. A lie is still a lie even if there happens to be a single truth in a pack of lies. We have not hiding our believes and we are certain of God's backing by means of His spirit and His inspired word of truth. Kindly visit www.jw.org and keep and open mind cause you will be you did
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pee2k3: pls check john 14:9. Jesus Christ is d same as God d father. u need holy spirit for better undastanding. dnt b carnal like Philip

and what does Matthew 16:16 tell you
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Akshow: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
I gave up on them when I heard they don't take blood transfusion no matter the condition. Who does that?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Virtueofemerald: 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

I dont see answers there. I only see more Watchtower lies.
Italo, ds is wat is hapnin in ur case 1 Corinthians 2:14-16 wch say "Bt a physical man does nt receive d things of d spirit of God, for dey r foolishness to him; nd he cannot gt to knw dem , because dey r examined spirituall. Howeva, d spiritual man examines indeed all things, bt he iimself is nt examined by any man. For "who has come to know d mind of Jehovah, dat he may instruct him?" Bt we do have d mind of Christ." Ds is why u r nt seen d answers even though dey r thr b4 u.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Immatex(m): 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo: "The year A.D. 1878 … clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord - …" The Time is At Hand (1911 ed) p.239

"The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914." Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5

The two statements buy Jehovah's Witnesses above are contradictory.

When did Jesus actually assume power in heaven?
As Jehovah's Witnesses we agree with the inspired words found at Proverbs 4:18. Our knowledge of kingdom truth and our understanding of God's word will only increase. The informations you quoted have being updated upon clearer enlightenment. As a dynamic organisation following the leading of God's frery chariot, we do not become dogmatic and are open to gain fuller understandings of scriptural truths.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Akshow: I gave up on them when I heard they don't take blood transfusion no matter the condition. Who does that?

Blood is what God has used to save us - The shared blood of Jesus Christ. He has held the right to use blood to save to Himself alone. Anyone using blood to save life by way of eating or transfusing it into the body like you take drips is trampling and trespassing the right of God. This should not be hard to understand as certain animals or tree are held sacred in some of our traditional communities and as such, they are neither killed or killed for eating.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
War Horse:

Fine question. Friend, have you ever read Colosians 1: 13 - 17.

Colossians 1:13-17

King James Version (KJV)

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Notice that it is talking about Jesus who is referred to as "His dear son". Jesus is also said to be the image of his invisible father. The how is he God Almighty? Jesus is the first person that God created. Every other thing came through Jesus
Thanks too bro.........
@red color,You do need to tell me more about that though!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Pee2k3: 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
ezzy-e:

and what does Matthew 16:16 tell you
who do u believe JESUS or PETER
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:

The verses there are cool. They make things even clearer.

When John 1:2 says "all things were made through him (Christ)", it shows Christ was used by God for creating other things including the creating of "heavens and the earth" in the "beginning".

The "beginning" of Gen 1:1 is beginning of creating the heavens (universe) and earth - Christ was apparently created before then, also angels were created before earth was made. (Job 38:4-7).

In fact, Proverbs 8:30 refer to Christ as a "master workman" as it relates to creating other things, after verse 22 says Christ was made first.

Pretty clear.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Akshow: I gave up on them when I heard they don't take blood transfusion no matter the condition. Who does that?

they have a Bible trained conscience not to accept blood transfusion. ITS a Command from God. However each one is trained to decide whether to heed the commands and not take blood or "save his life" by taking blood.

nobody will sit by you and enforce your not taking blood. GET IT!!!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by tess22: 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
The greatest threat to Christians is not Muslims, but fellow-Christians! We have become so preoccupied with competing and fighting over irrelevant differences that we have become nauseating! Just because Jehovah Witnesses do not share your doctrines does not make them less Christian than you. What makes you a Christian is your belief in Jesus Christ as the Saviour. Period. And yes, they are Christians too.

Please Nigerian Christians, let’s concentrate on what unites us, instead of what divides. We are stronger when we are united. Don’t become close-minded and think you know everything. If JW come to your place, listen to them, or politely refuse. Don’t think you are better than them or insult them. Remember they are God’s children too, and if you treat them (or anyone else for that matter) with contempt, you are also treating God with contempt - Matthew 25:40.

By the way, I am not a JW, but I listen to them, learn from them and we ‘sharpen each other.’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Living Faith Church Wukari, Taraba State Building Collapsed! / Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 / Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.