Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39173 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by fittty(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
I receive their babes only kiss
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by DrugDoc: 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dear Jehovah Witnesses and other christians, your knowledge of the Bible is unparalled. Answer these 2 questions about rape in the Bible. The bible follows after the questions.

1. Did Jesus or God or Michael the Archangel command this? Remember Jesus was living in heaven during the old testament?
2. During Armageddon, if God or Jesus or the Archangel commands, would you (JWs) kill women and take the virgins for yourselves? And how the heck did Moses or the Israelites determine the virgins anyway?. Wow!

Numbers 31: 13-18 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by izuplayspiano(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
If u expect me to receive them with open arms, then I also expect u to do the same to Illuminati when they come knocking on your door. I suggrst u go and read about them before u call them Christians.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Virtueofemerald: 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
Akshow: I gave up on them when I heard they don't take blood transfusion no matter the condition. Who does that?
All those who truely luv thr God Jehovah does dat because dey believe dat His commandments are nt burdensome nd its one of His commandment at Genesis 9:3-4.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pee2k3: who do u believe JESUS or PETER

If PETER WERE WRONG JESUS WOULD HAVE REFUTED OR CORRECTED HIM BUT HE DIDNT.

JESUS HIMSELF ALSO STATED IN MARK 12:32 : “Of that day or that hour no ones knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

So, for those persons who say all God and Jesus are equal including the Holy spirit, this is some food for thought.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by WarHorse1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo: "The year A.D. 1878 … clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord - …" The Time is At Hand (1911 ed) p.239

"The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914." Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5

The two statements buy Jehovah's Witnesses above are contradictory.

When did Jesus actually assume power in heaven?

AD was used to mark Jesus physical presence here on earth back then in Israel. The Romans used that dating to acknowledge the time of the Christ back then on earth.

This has nothing to do with Jesus presence in heavenly kingdom power. Therefore, there is no contradiction here
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by izuplayspiano(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
DrugDoc: Dear Jehovah Witnesses and other christians, your knowledge of the Bible is unparalled. Answer these 2 questions about rape in the Bible. The bible follows after the questions.

1. Did Jesus or God or Michael the Archangel command this? Remember Jesus was living in heaven during the old testament?
2. During Armageddon, if God or Jesus or the Archangel commands, would you (JWs) kill women and take the virgins for yourselves? And how the heck did Moses or the Israelites determine the virgins anyway?. Wow!

Numbers 31: 13-18 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
Your name can't be any wrong my dear.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
lond07:

Please explain Col 1:15 in view of the underlying questions .....

1. What does it mean to call someone a creation?
2. when you now go further to describe him as [first born], what does that imply?

I was hoping you will do the explaining of Col1:5 for me o!
As for your creation question,i have examples though!
The making of a tv is a creation,while the tv is the created..The building of a house is a creation too,and house so built is the created!
Also,the mating of two fertile humans/animals{male and female} will give birth to a creation==>an offspring......
So,all is creation,but not the same mode of creation....
So,help me explain that Col1:15 that u posted!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by izuplayspiano(m): 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
ezzy-e:

If PETER WERE WRONG JESUS WOULD HAVE REFUTED OR CORRECTED HIM BUT HE DIDNT.

JESUS HIMSELF ALSO STATED IN MARK 12:32 : “Of that day or that hour no ones knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

So, for those persons who say all God and Jesus are equal including the Holy spirit, this is some food for thought.
John 10:30 Jesus said... I and my father are one.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
TroGunn:

The verses there are cool. They make things even clearer.

When John 1:2 says "all things were made through him (Christ)", it shows Christ was used by God for creating other things including the creating of "heavens and the earth" in the "beginning".

The "beginning" of Gen 1:1 is beginning of creating the heavens (universe) and earth - Christ was apparently created before then, also angels were created before earth was made. (Job 38:4-7).

In fact, Proverbs 8:30 refer to Christ as a "master workman" as it relates to creating other things, after verse 22 says Christ was made first.

Pretty clear.
Thanks again bro!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by kingsleyMbang(m): 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
JW is d only religion dat teach d truth,xposin false religious teachin such as Hell fire,Trinity doctrine,Immortality of d soul... etc.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by kingsleyMbang(m): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
JW is d only religion dat teach d truth,xposin false religious teachin such as Hell fire,Trinity doctrine,Immortality of d soul... etc. no wonder many hates them. grin cheesy
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by philfearon(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
kingsley Mbang: JW is d only religion dat teach d truth,xposin false religious teachin such as Hell fire,Trinity doctrine,Immortality of d soul... etc. no wonder many hates them. grin cheesy
So now they have their own religion too? Hmmmmm....no comment
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
izuplayspiano:
John 10:30 Jesus said... I and my father are one.

Fine, I agree. that he and his Father are one, does that make him his FATHER? If Jesus is God then he should be equal to God but please look at what Jesus himself said here at John 14:28 :

“[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”

Greater than I, he said. What more could he say?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Virtueofemerald: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
loveroftruth:

He Italo is not interested in the truth, but to do the work of his "father".
nd d father is God's accuser, an enemy who doesnt stand in d truth nd wen he spks, he spks d lie, a liar nd father of d lies
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by fredie107(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
if only 144,000 people will go to heaven, then how many Jehovah witness members are in the world?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by kilmix: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo: What do you mean by gospel truth?

That Jesus came in 1914?

That heaven got filled in 1935?

That Abraham, Isaac and Jacob came to earth in 1925?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

Baseless assertions raised...

Nothing about what you said is true about the Religion.

And yes Christ Rule started in 1914... Ask ur pastor about bible chronology.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by vowiski(m): 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
hardbody: The reason is simple, Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

By the way i like your moniker @ booty

You couldn't have said it any better...

Everyone around me said JW are clueless, but I have never thought like the mediocre majority.

I decided to really listen to what they have to say and I must say that what they do is through STUDY..

What other christian denomination do is simply to wear their best clothes to impress and drive cars to be envied..

They write all sort of jottings in a congregation but never open the jotter after the sermon..

There is nothing better than "Studying" God's words..
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by vowiski(m): 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
fredie107: if only 144,000 people will go to heaven, then how many Jehovah witness members are in the world?

Stop talking like a lane man.. Sometimes when I hear Christians talk, especially the graduates, I wonder if the Trash Can would have been
a better alternative for their Certificates.. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by kilmix: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
fredie107: if only 144,000 people will go to heaven, then how many Jehovah witness members are in the world?

Apart from the 144,000 with heavenly hope, Great crowd of Jesus' followers will enjoy peaceful existence on earth forever.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by bitex2(m): 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
kingsley Mbang: JW is d only religion dat teach d truth,xposin false religious teachin such as Hell fire,Trinity doctrine,Immortality of d soul... etc.
they DONT teach the TRUTH instead they DEVIATE from the truth just to attract attention and prove to be a UNIQUE religion.They've gone a long way in deceiving people.Remember "many shall come in my name..."
what more can i say other than END TIME..

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by phantasm(m): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

But you have just proved that you taught a lie:

"The year A.D. 1878 … clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings, by our present, spiritual, invisible Lord - …" The Time is At Hand (1911 ed) p.239

Why do I need to prove it again?

Once, I was on a thread of similar argument. But what I have observed so far on this thread is that people like you cover your ulcers and try to treat someone who's problem is just a simple headache- Which ofcourse is very curable. Observing the arguments so far, without taking sides with whatsoever groups or persons involved, I'll categoratically say you ITALO specifically (and your likes) lacks substantial prove or evidence and are so illogical to the extent that I'm beginning to think you're grown but not yet mature. When you accuse someone of lying, and he comes and tell you that- hey! It was a human error on my part to do that. I was so eager to find answers and my conclusion was wrong. I think here's is what the correct answer should be. I'm no genius nor am I special; but as far as I observe that I was wrong on a particular matter, I'll humbly accept and do what's right- and with public proves of such statements and YOU still come ahead and hammer on what's now a pointless matter, then its a big shame on your kind of wisdom and mentality. Its people like you who accept as true every garbage of information you get over the internet. If this were a court and I were a judge, then you're the loser. for example, Isaac Newton's works on calculus and some other stuffs were very right including his basic laws of motion. Then Albert Eistein came and recognized a significant improvement which might have been overlooked or unthought of by Newton since he lived in a period when science was just an elementary stage. Is it then right for us to say Isaac Newton was a liar? If he was, remember, Albert Eistein wouldn't have had anything to build on in terms of modification. Newton simply committed a human error marred with probably 'emotions' and primitiveness and although Albert modified his laws, he either had little info that was sufficient for his own time. Even today, with high energy scientific experiments, there are speculations that eistein could be "wrong" when he assumed the speed of light to be farthest which can't be surpassed. If the experiment is proven, are we permitted to say that Eistein Preached lies?

In life, as a scientist, I've learnt to reason or aview a matter very objectively and walk along the path evidences are pointing to. I do have some JW who visits me once a while and many other friends from other christian demonations. But what differentiates them from other demoninations is in the way of their reasoning from the bible which all christians believe is the word of God and how they mostly argue by not just quoting but reading from the bible itself and how most others argue from what their "pastor says"... Maybe that's why I find your argument very repulsive because you just believed and quoted what someone told you (which I believe is one of those biased opinion which I mostly come across over the internet...

Y'all can hit me back with words, its ok to throw tantrums... I just really feel for those who are educated and yet unlearned...its all about logic in reasoning, presenting your arguments and accepting defeat. This sort of argument is what is termed by someone as "beginning endlessly."

And to the JW; there's no need to argue further if someone insists he has no thinking faculty or he chooses to think the way he chooses. Just ignore and look on. That's one thing a JW colleague of mine always emphasise on- No arguments. If he shows me where what is from the bible and I still try to argue, he cuts me off the conversation.why can't you apply same wisdom?..... I know I could be prideful sometimes!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
DrugDoc: Dear Jehovah Witnesses and other christians, your knowledge of the Bible is unparalled. Answer these 2 questions about rape in the Bible. The bible follows after the questions.

Israel was a physical nation (of people dedicated to God) and occasionally faced enemy nations, such as the Midianites as recorded in Numbers 31. Thus they needed to engage militarily for survival, and as long as they remained faithful to God, God vowed to protect them against their enemies.

The Midianites went against the nation of Israel and opted to use women to lure them into sexual acts, that was to weaken them militarily. God, then commanded Moses to respond militarily ( verses 4-8 ) .

The order to kill the non-virgin women was likely because these were the women who lured the Israelites ( and caused the death of thousands Israelites as a result) - a key part of the Midianite military agenda. The virgins, however, were obviously not involved and thus spared.

The Bible clearly shows that God does not destroy the innocent along with the wicked - the dialogue between Abraham and God over Sodom and Gomorrah confirms (Genesis 18:16-33).

Now, the nation of Israel did not stay faithful to God and were eventually cast aside as a model nation. God replaced them with a spiritual nation - any person from any physical nation is acceptable if the obey God. ( Acts 10:34,35)

For Christians of the spiritual nation, we war in a different way.

Ephesians 6:12 - "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".

At Armageddon, God will taken out the wicked and establish a single world government. This will mean end to warring nations for good.

Dan 2:44 - "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Isaiah 2:4 - "And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more".
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by queenmeenat(f): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
D Jehovah witness people as far as am concern R d most Bible base, truth and explanatory oriented av seen.

Am a Muslim and my Late Father is an Alhadji too but despite this, an elderly JW used to come to our house every sunday not realy to preach to my father to turn Xtian bt just simply about life how to seek God,

This Man and my Father tru mutual respect turns friend that lasted over 10ysr, My father use to buy d Awake $ Watchtower 4 us and tru dis I discover hw scientific their book can be.

I also remember that one of d books that really av impact on my life as a teenager then was" QUESTION YOUNG PEOPLE ASK" reading this book is like talking to me directli as a teenager wt all those peer pressure izu

Finally people d best part of them is their. Persuasive, persistent and non aggresive approach to their teachings.
Am not a Xtian and won't b bt as a Yoruba who has had opportunities os dissecting different Xtian sect, I think am totally comfortable wt them, I wl always welcome them nd wl always buy their books.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by izuplayspiano(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
ezzy-e:

Fine, I agree. that he and his Father are one, does that make him his FATHER? If Jesus is God then he should be equal to God but please look at what Jesus himself said here at John 14:28 :

“[Jesus said:] If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I.”

Read Isaiah 9:6....And His name will be called wonderful, counselor, mighty God, everlasting father, price of peace.
Just tell me u don't believe in the Trinity and I'll understand u immediately

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Zakamori: 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
adonismuller: Because they are the true religion, everybody is avoiding them cz devil is sing almost everybody
sarcasm right?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by DrugDoc: 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
@TroGunn,
See what you are trying to justify? Yet your religion and other christians beat your chests as peace loving and superior to other religions. Moses commanded Israelites to forcibly take these maidens and have intercourse with them. It is called R A P E. Even devil controlled government of today forbid it. Would any Midianite like to sleep with someone that murdered their elder sister and brothers. My bro, I salute you, please carry on with this oyibo sickness you call your religion.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by izuplayspiano(m): 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
queenmeenat: D Jehovah witness people as far as am concern R d most Bible base, truth and explanatory oriented av seen.

Am a Muslim and my Late Father is an Alhadji too but despite this, an elderly JW used to come to our house every sunday not realy to preach to my father to turn Xtian bt just simply about life how to seek God,

This Man and my Father tru mutual respect turns friend that lasted over 10ysr, My father use to buy d Awake $ Watchtower 4 us and tru dis I discover hw scientific their book can be.

I also remember that one of d books that really av impact on my life as a teenager then was" QUESTION YOUNG PEOPLE ASK" reading this book is like talking to me directli as a teenager wt all those peer pressure izu

Finally people d best part of them is their. Persuasive, persistent and non aggresive approach to their teachings.
Am not a Xtian and won't b bt as a Yoruba who has had opportunities os dissecting different Xtian sect, I think am totally comfortable wt them, I wl always welcome them nd wl always buy their books.
You're a Muslim, So nothing concerns you
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Uteghe(m): 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
C.T. Russell of Unblessed memory was an adulterer,an amorc member,divisionist and con man. The foundation of CT's cult is wrong and his devotees are under a spell.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by vislabraye(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
izuplayspiano: If u expect me to receive them with open arms, then I also expect u to do the same to Illuminati when they come knocking on your door. I suggrst u go and read about them before u call them Christians.

Hahahahaha.

But the point about JW is that they are unteachable. They don't want U to preach to them, but they want to preach to you.
When they see white in the Bible, they call it black. They are obstinate.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by lisasonesis: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][left][/left]
ezzy-e:

John 1:1 in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word WAS GOD verse2 the same in the beginning was with God
Verse3 All things were made by him and without him was not anything made that was made.
Please don't use semantics to spoil the revelation of God's word.
Qtn: WHO IS JESUS?
There was no Jesus in heaven make no mistakes about this.
Bible says that these 3 bear witness in heaven; THE FATHER, THE WORD, THE HOLY SPIRIT.
JESUS was the spoken word of God.
You cannot seperate a man from his word
Jesus is the express image of the father. He is God according to John 1:1 HE IS GOD and not a god. 'Definite article'.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
War Horse:

Blood is what God has used to save us - The shared blood of Jesus Christ. He has held the right to use blood to save to Himself alone. Anyone using blood to save life by way of eating or transfusing it into the body like you take drips is trampling and trespassing the right of God. This should not be hard to understand as certain animals or tree areI love JW but disagree with their ideas on blood transfusion. I am a Doc with yrs of experience. JW accept other components of blood that donor have red cells. but they failed to understand that "blood " has different components od which the red cells are just a fraction of it. it truely they wanna reject blood transfusion, they should reject it in totality not in fraction. held sacred in some of our traditional communities and as such, they are neither killed or killed for eating.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 / Living Faith Church Wukari, Taraba State Building Collapsed! / Is There Really Life After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.