Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (16205 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / You Cannot Move Mountains Until You Talk To Your Mountains / Your Faith Can Move Mountains For U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

And yours . . . . as well as other acclaimed men of God over time. Allow some of us our skepticism we would like to see the God that spoke with thunder and lightning. That should satiate the curiosity of some of us, lend more credence to your story and crucially let God (if He exists) state His intent.
God is God. What God who is allpowerful in your opinion would respond to curses and yelling? The only time the father will come down in all his glory and goodness is to punish sin and sinners and show the righteousness his love. It sometimes seems like a fairytale, but sin is not a fairytale. Humanity has made sin a vital part of their lives. And sin cries out to Gods wrath.

God has stated his intent. You just refuse to believe. God cannot fulfill the parameters of scientific testing or he ceases to be God. He is mighty and not at the beck and call of people who insult him by breaking his laws and congratulating others who do so.

Gods intent is to save and to judge.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Ishilove: 7:42am On Nov 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: God is God. What God who is allpowerful in your opinion would respond to curses and yelling? The only time the father will come down in all his glory and goodness is to punish sin and sinners and show the righteousness his love. It sometimes seems like a fairytale, but sin is not a fairytale. Humanity has made sin a vital part of their lives. And sin cries out to Gods wrath.

God has stated his intent. You just refuse to believe. God cannot fulfill the parameters of scientific testing or he ceases to be God. He is mighty and not at the beck and call of people who insult him by breaking his laws and congratulating others who do so.

Simple.
100 likes

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:43am On Nov 12, 2013
esauy:

Yes, modern era, age of information. Unfortunately many Nigerians want to live in the Dark Ages were witches exist, prophets predict the future & feudal lords exploit the serf population who are to busy being preoccupied with Demons, witch Hunting & killing each other in stampedes to get miracle spring water (AKA Juju Charm).

YES! Sex is a good thing when it's done between consenting adults who love each other. And if it weren't for you churches repression of birth control, we could avoid unnecessary abortions.

There is no such thing as Sin. I behave according to the rules & norms of society because I was fortunate enough to be raised in a healthy family along with being born with a sound neurological mind.

People who misbehave & carry out acts of evil are either predisposed to commiting these acts through the biology in their mind or trauma in their upbringing. Religion does little to nothing to change this. If anything religion only make people worse giving an evil person biblical justification to rape, kill, commit genocide. Enough is enough. Why aren't Africans tired of this? Religion is the feul that incites the fire, & it's the Zealous beleiver who's the one whose immoral. Seriously, go back & read some of the absurd posts of your fellow believers justifying 10,000 deaths as a consequence of your imaginary God's judgement
lies. I am not for religion btw. I am for Jesus Christ.
Denying your sins is denying part of your life. Denying lying and stealing and lusts and greed and taking what does not belong to you and blasphemy.

What can I say to someone who thinks evil doing does not exist?

A criminal trying to deny the rules written even in his heart does not exist.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Ishilove: 7:49am On Nov 12, 2013
esauy:

There is no such thing as Sin. I behave according to the rules & norms of society because I was fortunate enough to be raised in a healthy family along with being born with a sound neurological mind.

People who misbehave & carry out acts of evil are either predisposed to commiting these acts through the biology in their mind or trauma in their upbringing. Religion does little to nothing to change this. If anything religion only make people worse giving an evil person biblical justification to rape, kill, commit genocide. Enough is enough.
Lobatan. Now I have seen/read it all. With everything I have been reading in this section, I thought nothing can flabbergast me again. shocked

You peeps keep showing me that I'm a learner.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Ishilove: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: lies. I am not for religion btw. I am for Jesus Christ.
Denying your sins is denying part of your life. Denying lying and stealing and lusts and greed and taking what does not belong to you and blasphemy.

My brother, o ya mi l'onu undecided

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by esauy: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2013
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 8:08am On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

why ask the Israelites? Why not ask ur people?
Because they had a first hand experience of the amazing power of God smiley
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2013
aManFromMars:
Just like yours too. You could slump and die this moment, all I need do is place a call to the satanists on this forum.
Because I have the ultimate power in me, I dare any satanist to bring it on.

But on a different note, how come you believe in the power of satan than of God? Do you see why I say you guys are the "antichrists" that was fortold to emanate from the earth on the last days?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by esauy: 8:33am On Nov 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: lies. I am not for religion btw. I am for Jesus Christ.

I behave without the reward. You behave only with the expectation of a heavenly reward. Now tell me who's the criminal. Second thought, you keep believing in whatever it is that scares you into being good. You sound like you need it
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by nnofaith: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

But on a different note, how come you believe in the power of satan than of God? Do you see why I say you guys are the "antichrists" that was fortold to emanate from the earth on the last days?
no we are not antchrists, we are anti- BULL$HIT. and you my friend ate spewing a lot of it right now!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

What a doofus!!!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by esauy: 8:59am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

You don't understand the concept of A-Theism whic means no Theism in other words no unverifiable belief. Which includes "Satan" Atheists are different from blind believers because if we see evidence of Jesus, Satan or anything supernatural we will gladly stand corrected. But until then we just choose to side with reason over superstion. There is nothing Satanic about not believing in supernatural superstition. It's called thinking critically
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

But on a different note, [b]how come you believe in the power of satan than of God? Do you see why I say you guys are the "antichrists" that was fortold to emanate from the earth on the last days?
[/b]
Touch down....grin grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2013
esauy:

You don't understand the concept of A-Theism whic means no Theism in other words no unverifiable belief. Which includes "Satan" Atheists are different from blind believers because if we see evidence of Jesus, Satan or anything supernatural we will gladly stand corrected. But until then we just choose to side with reason over superstion. There is nothing Satanic about not believing in supernatural superstition. It's called thinking critically
Lack of sense and critical thinking as he took that threat serious. Smh.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Touch down....grin grin
You can't be a silly mod and a silly poster at the same time, dear.

Pick one. wink

3 Likes

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by esauy: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Touch down....grin grin

Touch Down? Why is it so difficult for you all to understand that we dont believe in "satan". We can't be satanists if we don't believe in Satan or any supernatural deity for that matter.

Not Touch Down. Please try to understand what atheism is before you criticize it

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 9:58am On Nov 12, 2013
aManFromMars:

What a doofus!!!
nnofaith: no we are not antchrists, we are anti- BULL$HIT. and you my friend ate spewing a lot of it right now!
esauy:

Anything that's not of God is of the devil.
My brethren, quit beating around the bush and convince me that you are not of devil.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 10:02am On Nov 12, 2013
EzePromoe is proof enough that we don't need atheist topics on FP. his type are all over the FP, happy and proud in their stupidity and ignorance.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: God is God. What God who is allpowerful in your opinion would respond to curses and yelling? The only time the father will come down in all his glory and goodness is to punish sin and sinners and show the righteousness his love. It sometimes seems like a fairytale, but sin is not a fairytale. Humanity has made sin a vital part of their lives. And sin cries out to Gods wrath.

Simple.

Your thinking here is flawed. God has in the OT responded to curses more than once. This is a God congratulated for killing a couple for lying. It's a travesty to believe in the Genesis story, acts by the major prophets and Revelations without sufficient proof and then remember to put on the cap of skepticism when it comes to other religions. Do you believe, for instance, that Buddha was a prophesied Savior of mankind ?

I don't just refuse to believe. I have the fact of shared common experience to know snakes don't talk, disembodied voices don't speak and chariots of fire don't carry people off to a poorly-evidenced heaven. I check the historical evidence see aspects of early religious though present in Christianity, lack ofevidence for certain events eg the Exodus from Egypt, even in a better place to assess the evidence since I am not BOUND to twist it to suit my Christian worldview. Then I ask whilst losing the faith that God should show me the way, no response, and Christians are bound to special-plead for God when they would condemn a father who watches whilst his child burns in a fire he made. The problem with your poor thinking on God not open to scientific evidence is that it can be used to support many (if not any) supernatural claim. From those Islam, Hinduism, paganism etc to New-Age mysticism. One thing is for sure, Gos has NEVER been sewn to make the laws whose insult you bemoan, only men.

A father who wants to save must shew Himself to the child he wants saved.

That's all for now.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2013
Karl Max was right .....Religion is the opium of the people !

Just imagine the twisted logics of the God-defenders on this thread ---backed up by inhuman , 'ungodly' quotes from a discredited Bible !

Am going to cry and puke .....i may come back !!!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

My brethren, quit beating around the bush and convince me that you are not of devil.

And how are atheists of the Devil if I may ask ?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2013
aManFromMars:
You can't be a silly mod and a silly poster at the same time, dear.

Pick one. wink
Why do you call her "silly" ? Have you forgotten so soon that all atheists are fools.
Remember Psalms 14:1 - The fool says in his heart, "there is no God." undecided

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2013
esauy:

Touch Down? Why is it so difficult for you all to understand that we dont believe in "satan". We can't be satanists if we don't believe in Satan or any supernatural deity for that matter.

Not Touch Down. Please try to understand what atheism is before you criticize it
Satan is such a coward that he will never reveal his identity but rather pretend to be a messenger of light. But we the children of light can differentiate between light and darkness wink

Atheism is a branch of Satanism.

3 Likes

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

And how are atheists of the Devil if I may ask ?
Again I repeat. Anything not of God, is of the devil.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Satan is such a coward that he will never reveal his identity but rather pretend to be a messenger of light.
Sounds like God to me.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by nnofaith: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Satan is such a coward that he will never reveal his identity but rather pretend to be a messenger of light. But we the children of light can differentiate between light and darkness wink

and your god has revealed himself?!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 10:22am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Again I repeat. Anything not of God, is of the devil.

Tell me what things are of God. I ask because they vary from person to person or church to church eg Pentecostals think Catholiv Bible is of the Devil.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by SeedofOnan(m): 10:46am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

I'm confused? Anything is not of "which" God or God's is the devil? According to Islam your the one being deceived by the devil. Anything that is not of Allah is of the devil. So you my friend are an atheist without even knowing it because you boldly declare there is no Allah. I don't go that far. I just say there is no evidence of any supreme being & I'm willing to stand corrected if evidence is presented that can verify A specific God or Gods existence
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Ishilove: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Ishilove: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2013
Seed of Conan:

grin grin grin tongue
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Your thinking here is flawed. God has in the OT responded to curses more than once.
how exactly did God respond to curses in the old testament? Did he or did he not respond with judgement?

Uyi Iredia: This is a God congratulated for killing a couple for lying. It's a travesty to believe in the Genesis story, acts by the major prophets and Revelations without sufficient proof and then remember to put on the cap of skepticism when it comes to other religions. Do you believe, for instance, that Buddha was a prophesied Savior of mankind ?
the couple, annaias amd sapphira, lied with intent to decieve the holy spirit. God cannot be mocked. It was the early church. God had to pass judgement on that man and wife. For them, it was instant[it seems]. For others, it takes sometime. I do not know why. But I know that sin cannot remain unpunished. Should he had congratulated them for trying to decieve him?

I ask questions about buddha and others. I ask how did they save mankind?
The answers are silly and unjustified.
Jesus paid the price for the sin of mankind, and bore their punishment and Gods wrath legally.

Uyi Iredia: I don't just refuse to believe. I have the fact of shared common experience to know snakes don't talk, disembodied voices don't speak and chariots of fire don't carry people off to a poorly-evidenced heaven. I check the historical evidence see aspects of early religious though present in Christianity, lack of evidence for certain events eg the Exodus from Egypt, even in a better place to assess the evidence since I am not BOUND to twist it to suit my Christian worldview. Then I ask whilst losing the faith that God should show me the way, no response, and Christians are bound to special-plead for God when they would condemn a father who watches whilst his child burns in a fire he made.
no sir, you refuse to believe. The bible is the foremost record of events of the past, before archaeological findings have many times confirmed its reports. We tell you we have seen people healed and saved. We tell you the supernatural has occurred in our lives, that We're saved from sin. You even see this(have you not seen the real deal before? Watch well. They're everywhere). But you refuse to believe. It seems you still think this is about religion. Ask yourself this questions: did you ever have the faith? Were you ever saved from sin? Or did you just go to church and believe everything your pastor told you in an effort to 'get to heaven' and yet was not saved from sin which is what christianity is all about? Another problem is you thinking that God is all father, and thinking you're just a child. God is father and judge. You're a man, responsible for your actions, you know better than to lust and fornicate and feed on s.exual and perveted content. You know better than to lie and to take what does not belong to you. But man has done these things. He has done evil. And God has saved as a father without breaking his own law as a judge. Yet you reject and call yourself a child who is not morally responsible yet, or you make up ideals like 'God does not exist' so you will not be morally responsible to him?
Uyi Iredia: The problem with your poor thinking on God not open to scientific evidence is that it can be used to support many (if not any) supernatural claim. From those Islam, Hinduism, paganism etc to New-Age mysticism. One thing is for sure, Gos has NEVER been sewn to make the laws whose insult you bemoan, only men.
only the ignorant would blame God for any supernatural happening (or seemingly supernatural happening) or choose to not believe in God because of others blaming God for any seemingly supernatural happening. We know how God acts. Its in his word.

Uyi Iredia: A father who wants to save must shew Himself to the child he wants saved.

That's all for now.
has God not shown himself to you? Do you not read his words and recognize them? Do you not have the eyes to seperate the real ones from the fake?

God knows he has to judge. He has been preaching to humanity the good news of salvation and forgiveness for years now. Don't you see him?

He's been saying "man, you're guilty of breaking my laws, but you don't need to perish. Come and trust me let me forgive you. I'm rich in mercy. Let me give you a part of my kingdom"
Some men respond to Gods call, others reject him.

The tragedies of men who were unrepentant and were judged should sober us up to respond to Gods call.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2013
aManFromMars:
Sounds like God to me.
Of course, who else again do you atheists see as God if not the devil.
You don't believe that God exist so its very possible that you are refering to the devil, your god. So I don't actually blame you if it sounds like the way of your god, the devil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! / Russia 2018: Satguru Maharaj Ji Blames Super Eagles Flop On White Coach / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.