Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (16196 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / You Cannot Move Mountains Until You Talk To Your Mountains / Your Faith Can Move Mountains For U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2013
nnofaith: and your god has revealed himself?!
Yes. If you actually go to church or watch a Christian Tv programme, then you should know.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Tell me what things are of God. I ask because they vary from person to person or church to church eg Pentecostals think Catholiv Bible is of the Devil.
God doesn't recognize any of these denominational divisions. They are just wordly made. God is a God that searches the heart, and the God of those who truly follows him, despite the denomination or religion.
His ways are righteousness, holiness, love and endurance.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mr Troll: in other words they're Jealous and Petty? undecided

Fighting over their right to be worshipped?

Funny Funny people.
No they dont need worship. They just want to fulful their convenant
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
Seed of Onan:

I'm confused? Anything is not of "which" God or God's is the devil? According to Islam your the one being deceived by the devil. Anything that is not of Allah is of the devil. So you my friend are an atheist without even knowing it because you boldly declare there is no Allah. I don't go that far. I just say there is no evidence of any supreme being & I'm willing to stand corrected if evidence is presented that can verify A specific God or Gods existence
How am I an atheist? I acknowledge the Sovereign God and believe in his word.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Because they had a first hand experience of the amazing power of God smiley
And ur people havent?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by SeedofOnan(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
God doesn't recognize any of these denominational divisions. They are just wordly made. God is a God that searches the heart, and the God of those who truly follows him, despite the denomination or religion.

I like that! God doesn't recognize denominations or books or creeds! Now we're on the same page. Just be a good person & that's all you need to worry about. Welcome to the wonderful world of Atheism.

We kind of hijacked this thread too. I think we all came to the consensus that God had nothing to do with the hurricane in the Philippines
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof: And ur people havent?
Personally, I have.
You too can experience the saving power of His Grace if you open your heart and embrace Him smiley

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Seed of Onan:

I like that! God doesn't recognize denominations or books or creeds! Now we're on the same page. Just be a good person & that's all you need to worry about. Welcome to the wonderful world of Atheism.

We kind of hijacked this thread too. I think we all came to the consensus that God had nothing to do with the hurricane in the Philippines
Those are signs of end time!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Personally, I have.
You too can experience the saving power of His Grace if you open your heart and embrace Him smiley
I didnt ask about U.

U said Israel has encountered God, What about Ur tribe?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2013

2 Likes

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^^
Pls don't insult pigeons. At least, they know how to read and apply.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-fuRzfTtiIAU/UNWI9sED0xI/AAAAAAAALsI/gRjC4gQ-lHI/s1600/pigeon.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
^^^
sorry embarassed embarassed
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof: I didnt ask about U.

U said Israel has encountered God, What about Ur tribe?
ALAIGBO ahuwo olu aka ya we kpo ya
Okaka,
Oma ama amasi amasi,
Dike n'agha,
Agunechemba,
Onye ike nile di n'aka,
Chikadibia,
Eze nke ndi eze,
Chukwu obioma,
Chi obirizo (Ikwerre)
Chukwu n'eche Ala Igbo nile!

This God raised a cripple, made HIV+ become HIV- , Gave a barren woman a baby at the age of 60, saved my mother from death, and did so many things I cant mention because of time.
The good thing here is that all these happened before my korokoro eyes.

The name we gave to this God, we never gave one-tenth of them to our deities, because this God is tooooooooooo wonderful. smiley
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:

Some atheists are loving, morally upright and endurant.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
mazaje:
?
God loves humans, wants to be in a relationshp with them yet all he can do is kill 150,000 of them daily?. . . .

An atheist wrote: "Strong circumstantial evidence that there is no god. Number of god's creations who died horrible deaths from the following diseases: (or did they all die as martyrs?)

1. 300,000,000 approx. Smallpox
2. 200,000,000? Measles
3. 100,000,000 approx. Black Death
4. 80,000,000-250,000,000 Malaria
5. 50,000,000-100,000,000 Spanish Flu
6. 40,000,000-100,000,000 Plague of Justinian
7. 40,000,000-100,000,000 Tuberculosis
8. 30,000,000[13] AIDS pandemic
9. 12,000,000 ? Third Pandemic of Bubonic Plague
10. 5,000,000 Antonine Plague
11. 4,000,000 Asian Flu
12. 250,000 or more annually Seasonal influenza
."

The number of people who are now living that will eventually die. Every one of the seven billion. That's more than strong circumstantial evidence that God means what He says is His Word: "The souls that sins, it shall die," "It is appointed to man once to die. After this, the Judgment." Pain, suffering, disease and death are stark proofs that the Bible is the Word of God when it says we live in a "fallen" creation. - Ray.

Watch "Evolution Vs God" Free -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

mazaje:

Your god is perfect but he created an imperfect system filled with death and destruction, eh?. . .I am putting it to you that you are much better than your imaginary god because if you have the ability to stop the storm that raged the Philippines, you would have stopped it. . .All these silly excuse to protec your imaginary god is pathetic. . .

"Why would a perfect God make a Hell in the first place? Why are His creations imperfect unless He deliberately made them so? Why make rules that are pretty much impossible to live up to then punish the creations for being simply the way they were 'created'? If there is a God [He] is not the loving creator that most christians say they believe in, it is at best a tinkerer, a trickster and a child who breaks his toys when he does not get his own way." Patricia Bentley-Ivens

If a dying patient turns off his own oxygen hose he shouldn't complain that he can't breathe. The Book of Genesis tells us that God made everything "very good" in the beginning, but sin brought about suffering, pain, disease and death in what is called a "fallen Creation." But the dying atheist denies that Genesis chapter one is true (that we live in a "fallen creation" because of sin), and so he bitterly complains about God allowing suffering, pain, disease and death. Hell is God's prison for guilty criminals. Calling Him childish names will not save you from His Justice, but repentance and faith in Jesus will. See www.needGod.com
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
ALAIGBO ahuwo olu aka ya we kpo ya
Okaka,
Oma ama amasi amasi,
Dike n'agha,
Agunechemba,
Onye ike nile di n'aka,
Chikadibia,
Eze nke ndi eze,
Chukwu obioma,
Chi obirizo (Ikwerre)
Chukwu n'eche Ala Igbo nile!

This God raised a cripple, made HIV+ become HIV- , Gave a barren woman a baby at the age of 60, saved my mother from death, and did so many things I cant mention because of time.
The good thing here is that all these happened before my korokoro eyes.

The name we gave to this God, we never gave one-tenth of them to our deities, because this God is tooooooooooo wonderful. smiley

This guy is really daft o
pls answer my question and stop posting long yarns

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by EzePromoe: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

This guy is really daft o
pls answer my question and stop posting long yarns
Didn't I answer your question
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by mazaje(m): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

An atheist wrote: "Strong circumstantial evidence that there is no god. Number of god's creations who died horrible deaths from the following diseases: (or did they all die as martyrs?)

1. 300,000,000 approx. Smallpox
2. 200,000,000? Measles
3. 100,000,000 approx. Black Death
4. 80,000,000-250,000,000 Malaria
5. 50,000,000-100,000,000 Spanish Flu
6. 40,000,000-100,000,000 Plague of Justinian
7. 40,000,000-100,000,000 Tuberculosis
8. 30,000,000[13] AIDS pandemic
9. 12,000,000 ? Third Pandemic of Bubonic Plague
10. 5,000,000 Antonine Plague
11. 4,000,000 Asian Flu
12. 250,000 or more annually Seasonal influenza
."

The number of people who are now living that will eventually die. Every one of the seven billion. That's more than strong circumstantial evidence that God means what He says is His Word: "The souls that sins, it shall die," "It is appointed to man once to die. After this, the Judgment." Pain, suffering, disease and death are stark proofs that the Bible is the Word of God when it says we live in a "fallen" creation. - Ray.

Watch "Evolution Vs God" Free -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

"Why would a perfect God make a Hell in the first place? Why are His creations imperfect unless He deliberately made them so? Why make rules that are pretty much impossible to live up to then punish the creations for being simply the way they were 'created'? If there is a God [He] is not the loving creator that most christians say they believe in, it is at best a tinkerer, a trickster and a child who breaks his toys when he does not get his own way." Patricia Bentley-Ivens

If a dying patient turns off his own oxygen hose he shouldn't complain that he can't breathe. The Book of Genesis tells us that God made everything "very good" in the beginning, but sin brought about suffering, pain, disease and death in what is called a "fallen Creation." But the dying atheist denies that Genesis chapter one is true (that we live in a "fallen creation" because of sin), and so he bitterly complains about God allowing suffering, pain, disease and death. Hell is God's prison for guilty criminals. Calling Him childish names will not save you from His Justice, but repentance and faith in Jesus will. See www.needGod.com

What is this block headed foool saying?. . . .I am tired of your foolishness and crazy talk . . .You live in a fallen creation eh?. . .Good for you. . .

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
history has shown that Man has actually progressed, not fallen. from the stone age all the way to the information age. it is only religions and religious folks that take pains to tell us that we were once perfect and has now fallen with no verifiable proof anywhere, except well...in their holy books. jokers!

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by DeepSight(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Didn't I answer your question
No u didnt. If u say Israel knows God, wat about ur Ethnic group? Igbo?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by italo: 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mr Troll: history has shown that Man has actually progressed, not fallen. from the stone age all the way to the information age. it is only religions and religious folks that take pains to tell us that we were once perfect and has now fallen with no verifiable proof anywhere, except well...in their holy books. jokers!

How have we progressed?

We have phones and devices that can connect Lagos to Sydney; but we are increasingly distant from those right under our noses (even our Children)

We have made great technological advancement yet we've used some of them to turn the last century into the most bloody in the history of the world. (World wars 1&2)

The irresponsible abuse of our planet has caused global warming and the massive climate change is a major cause of the typhoon we've just seen in Philippines among others.

Where is the progress? It seems like you're the joker.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by mazaje(m): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

How have we progressed?

We have phones and devices that can connect Lagos to Sydney; but we are increasingly distant from those right under our noses (even our Children)

We have made great technological advancement yet we've used some of them to turn the last century into the most bloody in the history of the world. (World wars 1&2)

The irresponsible abuse of our planet has caused global warming and the massive climate change is a major cause of the typhoon we've just seen in Philippines among others.

Study history my friend. . .People were so violent that they used to build walls around their cities. . . .If any body ventures outside the walls the person is toast. . .

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424053111904106704576583203589408180

We have found cure to many diseases, 2000 years ago the average life expectancy world wide was like 35 years old. . Now in some places it is as high as 80. . .Blacks and whites now leave together so much so that a black man is now the president of the most powerful nation on earth which happens to be a white majority nation. . .600 years ago blacks were only slaves to whites. . .We as a race have really progressed, we are not as violent as we used to be and we are now more tolerant of each other. . .Read the nonsense violence in the old testament, during that time you can just invade a country kill them all and claim your god told you to do that. . .No one can try it now. . .

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by UyiIredia(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
@ Joshthe First: Sighs ! All you have up there are excuses. POOR excuses. Please post an example of a confirmation of ONE miraculous claim (eg the fall of Jericho) by the Bible that is well-evidenced and accepted by widely historians and archeologists. Not to mention you fail to give evidence except theBible which is already presumed true, but false right from the offing, given the lack of evidence in common expierience. It is a remarkable folly to hail the Bible as a foremost record of the past when it has little or no record of peoples in Africa (West, Central and South), The Americas and Australia. Many civilizations preceded the Bible not the other way around. Then you say I refuse to believe, questioning my earlier faith and whether I disbelieve to shirk moral responsibility whch is simply false. This is a facile cop-out to explain the rejection of a faith IMO.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Una de waste time with Josh. To him, we are only rejecting Yahweh because we want to continue in sin. Ignore the lack of evidence and all other possible gods and religions. Ignore the ridiculousness of the bible. No, we just want to continue in sin. . .

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
italo:

How have we progressed?

Mazaje has answered you but let me ask you, Do you think the stone age man was better than you?

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mr Troll: Una de waste time with Josh. To him, we are only rejecting Yahweh because we want to continue in sin. Ignore the lack of evidence and all other possible gods and religions. Ignore the ridiculousness of the bible. No, we just want to continue in sin. . .
is it not true?

Where is the ridiculousness of the bible? Written and confirmed by several authors bearing witness.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by MrTroll(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Joshthefirst: is it not true?

Where is the ridiculousness of the bible? Written and confirmed by several authors bearing witness.
Lol. Sometimes i don't know whether to laugh at you or cry in pity for you.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ Joshthe First: Sighs ! All you have up there are excuses. POOR excuses. Please post an example of a confirmation of ONE miraculous claim (eg the fall of Jericho) by the Bible that is well-evidenced and accepted by widely historians and archeologists. Not to mention you fail to give evidence except theBible which is already presumed true, but false right from the offing, given the lack of evidence in common expierience. It is a remarkable folly to hail the Bible as a foremost record of the past when it has little or no record of peoples in Africa (West, Central and South), The Americas and Australia. Many civilizations preceded the Bible not the other way around. Then you say I refuse to believe, questioning my earlier faith and whether I disbelieve to shirk moral responsibility whch is simply false. This is a facile cop-out to explain the rejection of a faith IMO.
can you be more specific with my "excuses"?

The bible actually has tremendous amount of historical detail that archaeology is still confirming today.
Not a single archaeological finding has conflicted with what the bible records

The bible is the raw word of God, containing the history of man(his origins).

The bible records the major peoples of the time and what happened during the major global conquerings of the ages and the peoples. You cannot use the fact that it does not mention some people as an excuse. Smh.

http://www.everystudent.com/features/bible.html#1

http://www.everystudent.com/features/bible.html#arch

Sorry to dissapoint you uyi, but even jericho was discovered and it existed and the walls were found to crumble the exact same way as narrated in the bible.
Click on the second link to see.

This bible is the word of God.

The gospel message is repentance from sin, and salvation through Jesus Christ our lord.

Don't try to blame the tremors of religion on God, or use it to reject the real God.
This is serious stuff. Life and death.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
-The message
-Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 13, 2013
@Josh, I guess in the future we would say James Bond was real since the movies mention Paris, London and other real places.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2013
aManFromMars: @Josh, I guess in the future we would say James Bond was real since the movies mention Paris, London and other real places.

Smh.
what is it now?

He said I should prove to him the bible was not made up. He gave me some instances like the walls of jericho. I gave him concrete archaeological findings. The bible took about a thousand years to be complete.

I gave him findings of the where's and whens so he'll know that these men were not joking when they spoke. They were trying to pass across a vital message to humanity.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2013
Joshthefirst: what is it now?

He said I should prove to him the bible was not made up. He gave me some instances like the walls of jericho. I gave him concrete archaeological findings. The bible took about a thousand years to be complete.

I gave him findings of the where's and whens so he'll know that these men were not joking when they spoke. They were trying to pass across a vital message to humanity.

Can I open a thread where I can show you basic atheist arguments agaist the bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Download Audio: Morning Devotion Worship Songs By Nathaniel Bassey And Sinach / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy / Should Prostitutes & Yahoo Boys Pay Tithes​ From Their Income?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.