Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. (16204 Views)

The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / You Cannot Move Mountains Until You Talk To Your Mountains / Your Faith Can Move Mountains For U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst:
God created life. But he created it perfect, before man sinned, and life became imperfect and living things had to exploit other living things to survive.
Was man created perfect?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

WHAT HE DID REMAINS WRONG. IS HE A MALU (COW) THAT CAN NOT REASON THAT A GIRL AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE IS NOT SE.XUALLY MATURE?

IN A DEVELOPED COUNTRY, HE WOULD BE ARRESTED FOR MOLESTATION....RELIGION IS NO EXCUSE FOR STOOPIDITY (EVEN THOUGH RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SEE IT AS SUCH)

Good. Guess I was wrong.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: wow. So if I steal from a bank with the perspective of giving to the poor, I am not doing wrong? So if I murder a man because I'm jealous, I'm not doing wrong?
Smh.

The law is broken irrespective of whatever perspective a person has.
Rape is wrong. Irrespective of whatever intentions a person has, even inside him, his conscience tells him it is wrong to force anyone to have sexual intercourse.

Shut up.

When I'm wrong I admit I'm wrong. I've admitted I was wrong. You are the only one who doesn't do that. You keep claiming sin is sin despite me convincingly proving to you its not so.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:40am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things
Isaiah 45:7(HCSB)
I form light and create darkness,
I make success and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

(WEB)
7 I form the light,
and create darkness.
I make peace,
and create calamity.
I am Yahweh,
who does all these things.

(NLT)
7 I create the light and make the darkness.
I send good times and bad times.
I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

(NKJV)
7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things. ’

(GNT)
7 I create both light and darkness;
I bring both blessing and disaster.
I, the LORD, do all these things.

Zechariah 14:2
I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

the book of zechariah is a prophetic vision. Nowhere in it does God condone rape.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
Was man created perfect?
yes, God looked upon his creation, and everything was good. Yes. Man was created perfect.
Free from sin and the degredation that comes with it.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes, God looked upon his creation, and everything was good. Yes. Man was created perfect.
Free from sin and the degredation that comes with it.

You talk like sin is a being. Sin isn't. You say Man was created Good and perfect, how then could Man sin?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:

You talk like sin is a being. Sin isn't. You say Man was created Good and perfect, how then could Man sin?

yes sin isn't a being, but man is not a machine. Man was created perfectly sinless without a sinful nature. But he was created in the image of God and has freewill. Man could sin because it was his choice to choose to either reject God or submit to him and accept him.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes sin isn't a being, but man is not a machine. Man was created perfectly sinless without a sinful nature. But he was created in the image of God and has freewill. Man could sin because it was his choice to choose to either reject God or submit to him and accept him.
In your opinion, an ability to sin isn't a sign of imperfection?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: yes sin isn't a being, but man is not a machine. Man was created perfectly sinless without a sinful nature. But he was created in the image of God and has freewill. Man could sin because it was his choice to choose to either reject God or submit to him and accept him.

If man was created without a sinful nature it will be impossible for man to sin.

You can't give what you don't have..freewill or not!!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:07am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
no. It is not.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

If man was created without a sinful nature it will be impossible for man to sin.

You can't give what you don't have..freewill or not!!

no. In the beginning, man was created in the image of God. He chose to sin. And it has given us all sinful natures now.

This does not mean we are not responsible for our sins, because, though we now know our predicament, we refused to accept Gods solution to our imperfection in Christ Jesus.

Though the old nations knew wrongdoing was wrong, they persisted and refused to trust Gods salvation like abraham did.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. It is not.
It isn't because the ability to sin comes from God. Goot, goot.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
It isn't because the ability it sin comes from God. Goot, goot.
smh.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
It isn't because the ability it sin comes from God. Goot, goot.
lol shaa. Lol. You threw me off guard with your reply.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: lol shaa. Lol. You threw me off guard with your reply.
huh, must be a first..
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow....this guy is funny!!!

The bible is now a science book that has his own classification of living things?

Oh and God didnt create animals abi? God didnt create lving things abi?

So it is man that created life in the form of bacteria, viruses and parasites

GUY, YOU ARE NOT THINKING
Dude, it is you who seem to not be thinking. You appear to be equating the existence of viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms to the existence of disease. Have you considered what might happen if none of these organisms existed in this world as you know it today? Have you considered that they have more to do in the scheme of things than cause disease? If your body wrre stripped of all the bacteria in and on it, would you survive?

Josh's point is not difficult to grasp at all. If man had not let sin in, all the thibgs that exist in this world would not be trying to destroy one another in their bid for survival. Relationships would be harmonious and symbiotic in nature. The Bible itself illustrates the type of world God had in mind and is bringing in after this whole scheme of things has been judged, it says that the lion and the lamb will lay down together and the young lion will eat grass, that a child will be able to play with deadly snakes and not be hurt, it says that in God's world, there shall nothing hurt or destroy.

So maybe it is you who should engage your brains a little.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. It is not.

Smh ur thinking is pathetic

If we are to go by all ur post. Freewill wud b regarded as imperfection
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 14, 2013
rationalmind:

Shut up.

When I'm wrong I admit I'm wrong. I've admitted I was wrong. You are the only one who doesn't do that. You keep claiming sin is sin despite me convincingly proving to you its not so.
You can prove that "sin is not sin"? shocked

How do you do that abeg? I'm very curious.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You and Lb are on the same page. I've seen it all. grin grin
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
Hmmm, this looks interesting. Is it your opinion that it is?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Yes. I have proven that everyone has his own definition of sin which has its roots in their childhood indoctrination. There is no general universal agreed definition of sin. Having various sex.ual partners is to you a sin. To a taoist, it is not. Idolatory to you is a sin, To some its not even idolatory. They are simply worshipping their own supreme being.

1 Like

Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Hmmm, this looks interesting. Is it your opinion that it is?
Yeah.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:20am On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

if you would think well enough, you'd realize that freewill is an attribute.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

How so? How do his posts suggest such a thing?
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by macof(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: if you would think well enough, you'd realize that freewill is an attribute.

Yh midgets have height issues-that's an attribute that points imperfection
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2013
aManFromMars:
You and Lb are on the same page. I've seen it all. grin grin
Lol. How? Me and Lb on the same page?! Make him no hear am o!
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

Yh midgets have height issues-that's an attribute that points imperfection
Smh.
Freewill is an attribute of man. Man was created good. But he chose to sin.
Others choose to follow God and not rebel against him.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Smh.
You know that freewill leads to chaos. soldiers MUST obey.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2013
rationalmind:

Yes. I have proven that everyone has his own definition of sin which has its roots in their childhood indoctrination. There is no general universal agreed definition of sin. Having various sex.ual partners is to you a sin. To a taoist, it is not. Idolatory to you is a sin, To some its not even idolatory. They are simply worshipping their own supreme being.
Bros, proving that A defines a given word in one way and B defines it another is not quite the same as proving that the word is not the word, wouldn't you agree?

But I see what you meant. Let's follow your thought a little, shall we? The Greco-Romans were very generous in their spiritual worship. They had a large pantheon of gods and goddesses. They would add yours if it was spectacular enough, but they still took issue with people who worshipped gods outside their own pantheon. That was why they attacked Christians in Ephesus.

That is, both the Christian and the pagan agree that idolatry is idolatry, they just disagree on which god is the idol and which the true God.

Let's take your other example of sexxual immorality. The Taoist may in fact consider multiple sexxual partners as not only not an evil thing but a good thing (can't confirm that now) and the Christian may consider it an evil thing, but the two agree that there is such a thing as evil and that sexxual immorality is evil. They just disagree on what acts may be called sexxual immorality and what acts may not.

So everyone has a concept of evil or sin and everyone agrees on what it conceptually is. What people may disagree with is what to call wvil and what not to call evil. Unless Taoists do not believe that there is no such thinf as sexxual immorality, they would be quite offended if you told them that they were immoral people for keeping multiple sexxual partners and probably try to show you how keeping multiple sexual partners is not sin. In other words, they agree that sin is sin, but not that keeping multiple sexxual partners is sin.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by nnofaith: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2013
rationalmind:

i get what you are trying to say, its the core of my atheistic beliefs, to me everything is random, evil and good are sides of the same coin, it is we humans that define good and bad, nature doesnt care. a lion killing an antelope is not good or evil, rainfall watering agric plants is not good or evil, typhoon destroying properties and killing pple is not good or evil, it is nature in its randomness.
Re: God Can Move Mountains? Phillipinos Betrayed? 10,000 Dead. by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Joshthefirst:
Smh.

Well, I find it ridiculous that God will create man knowing fully well he will eat the forbidden fruit and still plant the tree anyway!!

Secondly, project man according to christian belief in my opinion is a failure!!

Why? If I were to develop a car the first products will be prototypes(Adam and Eve) if they failed the field tests,why would I continue production knowing my products were dead on arrival.

If Adam and eve who were direct products from God failed,how does God expect derivatives of that product to become perfect?!

And since God is all knowing He planned all this from time immemorial from creation,to the fall and the names of all that will go to hell.

But then God doesn't exists,because if there was a God,his logic will be airtight and not filled with the contradictions in the bible.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Should Prostitutes & Yahoo Boys Pay Tithes​ From Their Income? / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.