Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (30120 Views)

'Go And Die' Widow Get Letter Of Appointment. [photo] / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by simplyme3(f): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

This is not only ridiculously corny, it's cheap and lousy propaganda... These PDP clowns no go kill pesin with laughter I swear...lmao

Sometimes I marvel at you people. If it was the other way round, you will be one of the people foaming in the mouth and saying kudos to APC or to whoever. Rubbish.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by simplyme3(f): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli:
If the PDP ain't adopting it as policy then it's of no use other than politics. If Nigeria's economy was favorable the woman won't be on the street. Where is the FG'S social ware fare package for the needy

Dumb. Where is the state's welfare policy?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli:
If the PDP ain't adopting it as policy then it's of no use other than politics. If Nigeria's economy was favorable the woman won't be on the street. Where is the FG'S social ware fare package for the needy

My friend leave your social welfare biko, in the U.S. alone, poverty rose by almost 28%, there are more pan handlers (beggars) on the street, than I knew 5years ago. Do you think there's no welfare in these cities? Is it the FG's responsibilities to provide welfare to the homeless or the states responsibilities? Social welfare is a STATE RESPONSIBILITY not a FEDERAL AUTHORITY, even food stamps here are governed AND authorized by states, although DOA does allocate some funding specific programs like SNAP, and some under the federally medicare funding like for pregnant women (forgot what it's called) and what not. Social services are the states headache not the federal, don't blame everything on the federal.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
pro01:

Even Devil sef sabi quote the scriptures. . . .

(Na joke I dey joke o. Lol.)

@Topic

Fabulous gesture by the PDP. Who would have thought that the much maligned PDP has far more 'milk of human kindness' than the self-proclaimed "people's governor" can ever muster? One by one, the [i]progrethieves[/] in the APC would reveal themselves as the callous and ungodly demons they are, and Nigerians would become wiser in making their democratic choices.

The PDP is a safer, saner option than the APC and its constituent parts, no doubt about that.

Nigerians should think with their head, the devil you see and you know, is better the so-called proclaimed saint you don't know only to manifest as Lucifer himself. Everyday, APC is gradually showing themselves, imagine when Buhari is president.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Olaolufred(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
PDP CAN RESCUE JUST A WIDOW WHILE IT IMPOVERISHED 160 MILLION OTHERS-WIDOW, WIDOWER, ORPHAN, SICK, ADULT, YOUTH ETC.
ARE THEY PROVING AGAIN THAT 5 IS GREATER THAN 27?

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by daroz(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
But d big question is, will PDP be able to locate d woman? Abi she dey nairaland?

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Flakesyblaze(f): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
daroz: But d big question is, will PDP be able to locate d woman? Abi she dey naira land?
gringringrin
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Prof Corruption: Oshiomhole should look for that woman, apologize to her and rehabilitate her. That's the only way to save whatever is left of his reputation. He should quit giving explanation that does not explain anything.

I avoided the thread yesterday because I couldn't come to terms with what the governor did. The statement "go and die" brought tears down my cheeks because I lost my own dad when I was 12years old, leaving my late mum with the huge responsibility of catering for me and my sib.I really do not want to politicise this issue because the woman flaunted the laws of the state but,for her to be told to go and die when she did not kill anybody means Mr Adam's heart is darker than coal. Even criminals condemned to death do beg for mercy,I see no reason why a widow's plea should attract a curse. Adams Oshiomole betrayed the downtrodden, this is not a political party issue

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by tpia5: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
the governor needs to offer the woman a well paying job.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
simply_me:

Sometimes I marvel at you people. If it was the other way round, you will be one of the people foaming in the mouth and saying kudos to APC or to whoever. Rubbish.

Why marvel at me? Is the PDP not the cash and carry party like they just did with this woman especially by taking advantage of the situation and his poor woman with cash?

Abeg move jare...
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by lebienconnu: 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
the leadership of APC should not fold thier arms on this matter if they do want to lose everything they have worked for.
they should hand the wicked man a public reprimand also compensate the widow.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Abagworo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Its all politics and did not start with PDP. APC has equally capitalized on even darker things to gain popularity by blaming the PDP. An example is Boko Haram which should have been seen as a national problem and not a PDP problem. APC condemned dialogue and also condemned use of force.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
Abagworo: Its all politics and did not start with PDP. APC has equally capitalized on even darker things to gain popularity by blaming the PDP. An example is Boko Haram which should have been seen as a national problem and not a PDP problem. APC condemned dialogue and also condemned use of force.

To whose detriment was that? PDP? APC was fried from all nooks and cranny of the country

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

It's not about the highest bidder, it's about the intention.

Can't you see the pattern of abuse and injustice meted out to poor citizens?

First it was unjustly deportation by a certain governor,

Now we have a governor who told a poor widow to go and die

What's the common denominator between these two - SAME PARTY IDEOLOGIES .

Nigerians should think with their head, the devil you see and you know, is better the so-called proclaimed saint you don't know only to manifest as Lucifer himself.

Trust me, Nigerians are thinking and despicable issues from Stella Oduah and her bulletproof car fiasco to unrestrained oil theft, subsidy scam, pension scam, insecurity, ASUU strike, Boko Haram, Comatose EFCC, administration filled with crooked and corrupt politicians still under EFCC investigation and the list goes on and on and on and on...

We are thinking alright...
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by omenka(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
This is the kind of 'goodwill' gesture laced with all the trapings of evil. How many of the almajeris or beggers in the states under their control have they been able to help? Oshiomole goofed no doubt, but the desperate desire of the pdp to politicize the incident leaves a sour taste in the mouth and shows how petty they can be. They should take him up on policy issues and not some unfortunate isolated incident in which the governor allowed his emotions to get the best of him. If we were to list the attrocities of like nature perpertrated by the pdp, we run the risk of winding up with huge blisters on our thumbs.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta:

Why marvel at me? Is the PDP not the cash and carry party like they just did with this woman especially by taking advantage of the situation and his poor woman with cash?

Abeg move jare...
You need check your emotions atimes.Even you that is known to be an Igbo hater,how many Igbo people have you killed? Oshiomole messed up. PDP is doing what APC would have done if it was a PDP governor that uttered such word to anybody not necessarily that widow.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Abagworo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

To whose detriment was that? PDP? APC was fried from all nooks and cranny of the country

One of the major reasons Jonathan is not enjoying popularity across Nigeria is security challenges.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Malawian(m): 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
that some people are actually holding brief for oshiomole is quite heart rending. when i saw the caption, i thought it was a lie as that was not the oshiomole i "knew". on reading some of the comments, even i had to go watch the video, to hell with my mega-bytes. the thing that caught my attention was oshiomole's imperial body language. even ohakim in all his glory wasnt even that callous.

he still hasnt appologised, he just justified his uterance with an excuse.

oshio no just try at all. (ekpoma slangs) - i was there. wink wink

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by ballabriggs: 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
So PDP cares for widows after destroying the macroeconomic space through theft of our national wealth.

Cool story, care to tell it again.

Do these people know how many more widows have been impoverished through their criminal ways?
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Abagworo:

One of the major reasons Jonathan is not enjoying popularity across Nigeria is security challenges.

It doesn't discount the fact that APC made a statement that was sympathetic to Boko Haram, and YES, they had to retract immediately all in their bid to make the president look bad. One thing that is common to them is they have a loose tongue and very quick to react before they think.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
chidindufrank: You need check your emotions atimes.Even you that is known to be an Igbo hater,how many Igbo people have you killed? Oshiomole messed up. PDP is doing what APC would have done if it was a PDP governor that uttered such word to anybody not necessarily that widow.

Where is the emotions or you just don't know the meaning of emotions? The fact that the governor made this unfortunate statement which he has apologized for has nothing to do with emotions and the fact that the PDP is taking advantage of the situation with politics and cash inducement is not in any way helping the situation.

The man apologized already and anything after that is nothing but silly emotions and bogus sincerity so you check your own emotions..

Btw, why do you think I hate ibo people? Why even blame me for your own low self esteem and personal insecurities...? Some of you just over estimate your importance for real..
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by luvinhubby(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oshiomhole has just shot himself and OPC APC on the foot with an overloaded double barrel gun. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by omenka(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life:

My friend leave your social welfare biko, in the U.S. alone, poverty rose by almost 28%, there are more pan handlers (beggars) on the street, than I knew 5years ago. Do you think there's no welfare in....
Oga stop it! Not every one on this forum is an illiterate! The American Cencus Bereau says 50million (about 18% given a population of over 260million) Americans live at or below the poverty line, and this figure is 3million people above what is officialy gazetted. And do you know what the American authorities define poverty to be? Hear them: in America, a family of FOUR is designated POOR or living in POVERTY if its income is less than or $23,550 anually! That is about 4.5million naira! In essence, what the US considers poverty in their clime is an above average standard of living in ours, which renders your arguement totally flawed! There's no basis of comparism between the two since their benchmarks for povery vary.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by luvinhubby(m): 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
Malawian: that some people are actually holding brief for oshiomole is quite heart rending. when i saw the caption, i thought it was a lie as that was not the oshiomole i "knew". on reading some of the comments, even i had to go watch the video, to hell with my mega-bytes. the thing that caught my attention was oshiomole's imperial body language. even ohakim in all his glory wasnt even that callous.

he still hasnt appologised, he just justified his uterance with an excuse.

oshio no just try at all. (ekpoma slangs) - i was there. wink wink
God bless you and your generation. kiss

1 Like

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by JulianBond007: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
le bien connu: the leadership of APC should not fold thier arms on this matter if they do want to lose everything they have worked for.
they should hand the wicked man a public reprimand also compensate the widow.

you're right! APC is yet to overcome the Fashola deportation saga, now this show of uncouth behavior by Oshiomole another APC governor is something the political party needs to caution their governors. 2015 is very near!
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by manny4life(m): 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
omenka: Oga stop it! Not every one on this forum is an illiterate! The American Cencus Bereau say 50million Americans live at or below the poverty line, and this figure is 3million people above what is officialy gazetted. And do you know what the American authorities define poverty to be? Hear them: in America, a family of FOUR is designated POOR or living in POVERTY if its income is less than or $23,550 anually! That is about 4.5million naira! In essence, what the US considers poverty in their clime is an above average standard of living in ours, which renders your arguement totally flawed!

Go on and clap for yourself, in your bid to hastily quote me, READ AGAIN.

You have succeeded in showing how shallow your reasoning is, as someone who has knowledge on credits and deductions, I would take the time to cure your ignorance.

The American standard of poverty is defined a baseline attributable to groups of people who fit the profile, they are lumped into different categories, most common is individual or Joint (filing as family). These folks earn income (without taxes as well as other expense) below a limit. For individuals with a single family, it's 11,500 I believe, @ a standard 2,040 annual hours, the person earns WAY below minimum wage = $5.63per hour. For individuals with family of two, four, five, or whatever size of family, the threshold increases. Keep in mind, this is the "HOUSEHOLD" income, so both mother and father are making this amount or father or mother is "Head of Household".

Your blind allusion that someone who earns $23,550 even before taxes for a family of four, considering the factors (children expenses, accommodation, traveling, possibly healthcare, education expense, feeding, and what not), considering all these factors, would you dare compare someone in the U.S. to Nigeria? A standard household like that needs a 2br apartment which depending on the area, goes for $650, now multiply that by 12months = $7800 annually just for accommodation. How many poor people pay $600 monthly for rent? If you can answer that question, then we can continue, if NOT, STOP DISGRACING YOURSELF.

We've not taken into consideration his tax liability, as well as other information I listed, so before you start hyperventilating, cure your ignorance first. $23,000 to you in Nigeria is big money, but for a family of four here WITH KIDS, is POOR. This is why they have different credits they qualify for, the Child Care Credit, Earned Income credit, healthcare deductions, and tons more so it can buffer them, so please again, DON'T EVER compare U.S. salary attributable to Nigeria. I mentioned U.S. as an example that there are pan handlers on the street, just like Nigeria, U.S. has increased poverty as well, and you're equating their own poverty standard to Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by enigmang: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli:

The politics have not even started... Towards election the clip wil be played and replayed
DONT VOTE FOR A PARTY THAT TELLS WIDOWS TO GO AND DIE....

Oshiomole brought this on himself....

Nice one from PDP..

4 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by jmaine: 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
manny4life: .

Go on and clap for yourself, in your bid to hastily quote me, READ AGAIN.

You have succeeded in showing how shallow your reasoning is, as someone who has knowledge on credits and deductions, I would take the time to cure your ignorance.

The American standard of poverty is defined a baseline attributable to groups of people who fit the profile, they are lumped into different categories, most common is individual or Joint (filing as family). These folks earn income (without taxes as well as other expense) below a limit. For individuals with a single family, it's 11,500 I believe, @ a standard 2,040 annual hours, the person earns WAY below minimum wage = $5.63per hour. For individuals with family of two, four, five, or whatever size of family, the threshold increases. Keep in mind, this is the "HOUSEHOLD" income, so both mother and father are making this amount or father or mother is "Head of Household".

Your blind allusion that someone who earns $23,550 even before taxes for a family of four, considering the factors (children expenses, accommodation, traveling, possibly healthcare, education expense, feeding, and what not), considering all these factors, would you dare compare someone in the U.S. to Nigeria? A standard household like that needs a 2br apartment which depending on the area, goes for $650, now multiply that by 12months = $7800 annually just for accommodation. How many poor people pay $600 monthly for rent? If you can answer that question, then we can continue, if NOT, STOP DISGRACING YOURSELF.

We've not taken into consideration his tax liability, as well as other information I listed, so before you start hyperventilating, cure your ignorance first. $23,000 to you in Nigeria is big money, but for a family of four here WITH KIDS, is POOR. This is why they have different credits they qualify for, the Child Care Credit, Earned Income credit, healthcare deductions, and tons more so it can buffer them, so please again, DON'T EVER compare U.S. salary attributable to Nigeria. I mentioned U.S. as an example that there are pan handlers on the street, just like Nigeria, U.S. has increased poverty as well, and you're equating their own poverty standard to Nigeria...

You actually didn't only cure his ignorance but you violently exorcised it completely from him . . . . . grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by pheforusty(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dem poiticians tryna use every opportunity 2 gain points, anyways d 250K is our cash..widow pls grab ur own share of the national cake.
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agbameta: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
enigmang:

The politics have not even started... Towards election the clip wil be played and replayed
DONT VOTE FOR A PARTY THAT TELLS WIDOWS TO GO AND DIE....

Oshiomole brought this in himself....

Nice one from PDP..

What election are you talking about The man is termed out already and intelligent people look for individual qualifications and political platforms, not some video with some former governor who's not even on any ballot...
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by agabaI23(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Obiagelli: I hope they(the PDP) don't stop here they should equally take care of all Widows with the same gesture, starting from edo state to the national level. Do they need a governor to misbehave before they take action. God punish them if they are doing this for political gains.

When you were commending those on nairaland donating or wanting to donate money,did you ask them same question?
Re: PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow by Rad1cal: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fidifi! Fawa to the People cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Oporoza, Delta Community In Search Of Militants / Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo / Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.