Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,656 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. (24075 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / Why Do Some Muslims Use Mind Games To Draw People Into Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by sunepa92(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2013
njokusboy: Op you got it wrong meen, Jesus christ said, "I am the way, the truth and the light, noone comes to the father except through me.... Now it means Jesus is the saviour, any other channel is the path of damnation... Jesus to the muslims is only a prophet, an old prophet at that, they believe his teachings are outdated and subscribe to the teaching of prophet muhammed whom they believe is the NEW prophet... They don't even believe Jesus is the son of God.. So you see.. It aint about believing in jesus or not, u have to acknowledge him as your lord and personal saviour... The bible further said that the name JESUS is the only name given to man, through which he can be saved... So there are two contending issues, "those verses completely dismiss the possibility of anoda saviour, hence you can't believe in Jesus and Mohammed at the same time, matter of fact, their principles are at variance, secondly, belief in the existence of Jesus aint enough, you have to accept him as the saviour...
One thing I can assure you is this, the sincere christians and sincere muslims have a different idea of heaven and they sure as hell aint going to the same place...
......:.....hmmmmmmmmmmm otito oro ni dat is to say WELL SAID
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2013
Excluding mctunji his phone does not have gps to heaven
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by experimentist: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2013
Lordsonempire: Before as a christian, I thought that heaven was made for Christians alone. But since the day I had a discussion with a Muslim friend and he explained to me that every true Muslim who practice Islam and read Quran must believe in Jesus christ. He then talk about the five pillars of islam which made it mandatory for them to believed in him. In my own opinion, Jesus Christ only said, I am the way, the truth and life, no one come to the father except through me. That mean it does not matter where you worship as far as you believed in him you are saved. Truly most Muslim believe in him and pray to him.
We don't pray to him. He is not God? He is just a prophet just like Mohammad (saw). We pray to Allah alone.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by olahero(m): 10:47am On Dec 01, 2013
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 19:
إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الْإِسْلَامُ وَمَا اخْتَلَفَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَهُمُ الْعِلْمُ بَغْيًا بَيْنَهُمْ وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ

Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning.

Surah Maryam, Verse 20:
قَالَتْ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا

She said: When shall I have a boy and no mortal has yet touched me, nor have I been unchaste?

Surah Maryam, Verse 30:
قَالَ إِنِّي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ آتَانِيَ الْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلَنِي نَبِيًّا

He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;

Surah Maryam, Verse 31:
وَجَعَلَنِي مُبَارَكًا أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُ وَأَوْصَانِي بِالصَّلَاةِ وَالزَّكَاةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيًّا

And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;

God has made everything clear to us, so we need not to be playing with our mind anymore. Asalam alaekum.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by olahero(m): 10:47am On Dec 01, 2013
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 19:
إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الْإِسْلَامُ وَمَا اخْتَلَفَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَهُمُ الْعِلْمُ بَغْيًا بَيْنَهُمْ وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ

Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning.

Surah Maryam, Verse 20:
قَالَتْ أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لِي غُلَامٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَرٌ وَلَمْ أَكُ بَغِيًّا

She said: When shall I have a boy and no mortal has yet touched me, nor have I been unchaste?

Surah Maryam, Verse 30:
قَالَ إِنِّي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ آتَانِيَ الْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلَنِي نَبِيًّا

He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;

Surah Maryam, Verse 31:
وَجَعَلَنِي مُبَارَكًا أَيْنَ مَا كُنتُ وَأَوْصَانِي بِالصَّلَاةِ وَالزَّكَاةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيًّا

And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;

God has made everything clear to us, so we need not to be playing with our mind anymore. Asalam alaekum.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by burberry89(m): 10:48am On Dec 01, 2013
ifeness: Yeshua was a real person,a poor carpenter who was a member of the Essen. Jesus is an invention of the Roman Catholic who was changed from Horus to Jesus. Jesus means "hail zeus". Those who worship jesus and celebrate Christmas and Easter are worshiping Zeus.

Dump christians will try to argue against this because all they read is the bible. My question to them is; does any other book back up the stories of the bible? If yes,name them!

Hmmm dats so thoughtful of you. Is there any book that also back the stories in the quran?

If yes list and let's see but if no you really need help.

May God forgive you.

The name Jesus us despise do much today will be that same name you will run to when you start to see the consequences of you foolishness
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by IamDebola: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by nutarious(f): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2013
macof:

If u believe Jesus the son of God, that makes Jesus a God. So how then is christianity monotheistic? If you have more than one God?

Gods do not die, when u hear stories of death among Gods, it is only on their personified figures in classic myths.

Sango can never die, so if Jesus can die that makes him a useless God

by the way, wat is Jesus's duty as a God?

ODE!!!!!!!!!, As if Sango dint live as a Man, married, and father children like mortals
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by chicalle(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2013
noblejames: You are confused... any Muslim wey don confess Jesus no bi muslim again e don become christian. dat particular person if ask am watin ebi e go tell u say nbi chriatian......u dey here dey confuse people abeg commot
sowie pls pls,u guyz ar both cnfusng me nd urselves o,christianity iz far frm a religion o,it iz a life style,it waz in antioch dat d apostles wia cald christians becoz dy wia behaving lyk christ nd d people arund cald thm christians meanin CHRIST-LIKE O.PLS TAKE NOTE

1 Like

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by Taolyn4lif(m): 10:54am On Dec 01, 2013
ifeness: Yeshua was a real person,a poor carpenter who was a member of the Essen. Jesus is an invention of the Roman Catholic who was changed from Horus to Jesus. Jesus means "hail zeus". Those who worship jesus and celebrate Christmas and Easter are worshiping Zeus.

Dump christians will try to argue against this because all they read is the bible. My question to them is; does any other book back up the stories of the bible? If yes,name them!

The Book of Mormon
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2013
noblejames: You are confused... any Muslim wey don confess Jesus no bi muslim again e don become christian. dat particular person if ask am watin ebi e go tell u say nbi chriatian......u dey here dey confuse people abeg commot
Good your brain figured it out. Your thinking was exactly what i intended.
P. S
You need to know check out what it means to be diplomatic.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by PreciousBro: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2013
My Own Argument is, Jesus is God.

Came to us as Man so we'd understand the teachings more and was sacrificed as Man in flesh.

I mean, was Muhammed born of a Virgin woman, conceived by the Holy Spirit ?

Jesus is God the second, in the place of the Holy Trinity" God the Father, God the Son" , and God the Holy Spirit ,which still makes him God but in different form ,spirit and responsibility in heaven. Don't argue, Just believe in your doctrine and be good. Whether you're a Muslim, Christian ,etc

What Matters the most is that his Teachings is of Good and Good alone, devoid of Sin/Darkness ,because of course ,he's the Light.

So search your heart if he's in you, then Highlight his traits in your everyday life to yourself and to people ,only then would you make heaven.

Otherwise, Na You sabi .

1 Like

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by IamDebola: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by laylad(m): 10:58am On Dec 01, 2013
Thou shall not judge anybody...no matter what religion you believe in, so far your attitude is good and you're far away from sinful acts,you're on the way. Reading bible,quran,or idol-books can't make you an heaven,going to church,mosque or shrine doesn't make you holy but doing good and eschew from bad attitude makes you holy. We don't need to read books to know godly things. May God help us all.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by itsmayiela(m): 10:58am On Dec 01, 2013
and i keep wondering where the name "Jesus" originated from. even the native Aramaic Jews in Israel (for those that have traveled to Jerusalem will testify to this fact) call him "Yeisa".
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by toomiesyn: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2013
Hi,I'm new here and i specifically joined because i couldn't help but comment on this thread. I'm glad people can actually come out to defend their religion but anyway,I'm a christain and i strongly believe in the bible! I haven't read the qu'aran before but i recently stumbled on an article on the net and i must confess that it changed the way i used to think. I have so many muslim friends and i love them but i think everybody needs to see this. http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm please do read it all and drop a comment!
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:01am On Dec 01, 2013
harbiola1:
Exactly, I mean, if a person wan't to be sincere like you and I.

I swear by Allah, this's 100% correct.

What about those that came b4 Jesus, how were they saved?

Do you knw the meaning of a Prophet (as)? Oh! you think those ones that Bible said they skinned 200 men to get 1 wife, that fuc.ked his daugters or rather his daugters fuc.ked him, that worshiped an idol, that made a golden calf, that killed his sodier's wife to snatch his wife which God later killed his first born and other childrens along. Or you believed that God along with his angels really ate wheat bread with Abrah and his wife and Wrestled with Jacob in which jacob appeared a winner and all those rubbish in that Book.

Guy? u'd better wake up, what's called "A Prophet" is millions far from those filthy things let not talk of Almighty God.

As much as i knw, u're talking about christians. Jews and Muslims are till this minutes practicing Jesus teaching.
May be you can give us three examples of Jesus teaching which u as a person is practicing and muslim populace are nt practicing.

Not "they believe" it's they knw is the New prophet(saw) even with strongest evidence. Though u may nt see it because even after 2000 years, out of those hundreds of prophesy which spoke about the coming of Jesus as the messiah of the jews they haven't seen just one to take out as an evidence to whom God called him.

I'm speaking on behalf of world muslim that we believe the fact that Jesus is the breath/word of God and Holy Ghost or Holy spirit according to christians. And that's why i and every other muslims is being called muslim.

And if Jesus is a son of God then we don't have "Only Son" if nt Two or more with very very very sound undisputable proof from the bible.

Lol, all the Apostles were damned for nt acknowledging Jesus as the Lord. Or did they? then lets see ur evidence

I wish u could see hw i'm laughing at u. even Apostles neuer heard of name "Jesus" let alone of Jesus himself. And besides, there many Jesus b4 the Messiah, so can you see serious Gobe. Even muslims have better name for Him "Iesa" (Alaysalam)

There is only one thing that I can highlight from your response, MOCKERY of what you have no clue of. Going forward please wipe the smyte from your face and try to argue your point without mockery and belittling of the Word of God as inferior to your mohamadian book just becouse we will not take arms in in response to your slunder, for our God fights His battles for Himself and fight ours too. Thats all I can tell you today.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by IamDebola: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by gbrown(m): 11:03am On Dec 01, 2013
IamDebola:

Lol..
Sabongari and where again?
You fit build Mosque for Greece?
Bros, leave this thread.. No be ur mate dey enta this kain thread.
Go joke section.. Na there una mate dey play..
what,s ur point? Really just can't decipher what u scribbled down? No offence,
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by noblejames: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2013
IamDebola:

How I wish you had BRAIN!
I threw the above words out as a trap for some fools like you to know how they regard the ordinary people and here you are falling into it. I like to see Nigerians cogitating about their future, how it has been mess up by the so called political and religious tussle and dichotomy leaving the entire country unproductive and baseless. I like to see Nigerian youths dissecting on ideas that will uplift their educational, health, economical and social standards not talking about religiosity that has over the years created deep animosity among the people called Nigerians…. I think nairaland should stop taking/ allowing this kind of thread.. It does not help to unite us rather causes more grievous division among us.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by Ayobamms: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2013
Juell: Nah, our believes about Jesus Christ is totally far from that of the Muslims.
The Muslims only see him as a prophet, and don't believe he was killed.
could u pls mntion those places in d bible the followin events were celebrated or mentioned.
1. Christmas
2. Easther.
3. 40 days lenght and the numbers of time jesus observe t.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by IamDebola: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by rman: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2013
Simple logic should tell us all that if there is heaven, both Muslims and Christians will be found there.
Christians will never accept OP's line of reasoning because it questions the fundamentals of which Christianity was built upon.

I think both Islam and Christianity are still evolving and unfortunately for us all ( religious folks) , the answers will be provided by science ( the logical thinkers)
The fact that testimonies and happenings in religious settings are being tailored to suit the times point to this.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by IamDebola: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by toomiesyn: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2013
Islam is a caustic blend of paganism and twisted Bible stories. Muhammad, its lone "prophet", who made no prophecies, conceived his religion to satiate his lust for power, sex, and money. He was a terrorist. And if you think these conclusions are shocking, wait until you see the evidence mostly from Islamic historians below. 70% of what is here is from Muslim and ex-Muslim historians - back to the 8th century and the Qur'an itself.
Just a cursory look at Muhammad's Qur'an (Koran) should be enough to warn you to keep your distance from Islam: In it you will see "unbridled raw evil", such as statements like these:
- Truly, god loves those who fight
- Fight and slay the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them,
beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.
- Chop off their hands and chop off their fingertips
- When you meet the unbelievers, chop off their heads
- Fight and slay those who don't convert wherever you find them
- Believers, take neither Jew nor Christians for your friends
- Those who follow Muhammad are ruthless to unbelievers
- Those who reject Islam are "the vilest of creatures" and thus deserve no mercy
- Fight them until Islam reigns supreme (throughout the world)
There are more than 100 verses in the Qur'an (Koran) advocating the use of violence to spread Islam. There are exactly 123 verses in the Qur'an about killing and fighting.
The word "Islam" has been falsely proclaimed by Muslims to mean peace. The word Islam, actually means "submission" to the Muslim god of intolerance and hatred. It comes from the root Arabic word "taslim". In Arabic, the word for peace is only "solh".
The Sirat Rasul Allah was written by Ibn Ishaq in 750 A.D. He died in 773 A.D. It was edited and abridged by Abd al- Malik ibn Hisham in 828 A.D. and translated by Alfred Guillaume under the title, The Life of Muhammad in 1955 by Oxford Press. Abd al-Malik ibn Hisham's "Life of Muhammad" relied on the earlier works. Ulmar al-Waqidi of Medina, who died in 825 A.D. produced a work, which portions of which have survived, called "The Expeditions of Muhammad". The History of al-Tabari was written by Abu Muhammad bin al-Tabari between 870 and 920 A.D. His monumental work was translated and published in 1987 through 1997 by the State University of New York Press. Make sure you study I, II, VI, VII, VIII, and
IX. Al-Bukhari's Hadith, titled: Sahih Al-Bukhari and The True Traditions which was collected by Imam Bukhari in 850 A.D. Be sure to use the collector's original nomenclature because the only printed English translation (Publisher-Maktaba Dar- us-Salam, Translator-Muhammad Khan) was abridged and erroneously numbered. Finally, I recommend that you acquire at
http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm

1 Like

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2013
macof:

Aren't u aware that the name "Jesus" is a fake? The man u worship was called Yahshua not Jesus.

So it's silly to saw a fake name is above all names, and only through it can man find salvation.

Is this Jesus u worship the man who died for ur sins? Or

Is he the personification of righteousness, purity and consciousness?

He meant Jesus Christ! There may be maybe other Jesus' but He is the only Christ hence you muslims insist on using xtians, xmas to try and emit the name Christ, instead of Christians, and Christmas which is the true represantation of Jesus the Christ.

On your last question He is both.

1 Like

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by macof(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2013
ghostofsparta:
I slightly disagree with you there^ as we don't worship the same God. Even if so, our pagan God(whose name differs ethnically; Eledua/Osanobua/Ubangiji/ChukwUorChineke/Abasi) is far superiorly well conceived revealed to us via Ifa and its messengers (Orishas and the Irunmoles) and unlike theirs male-gendered God(Yahweh/Allah) who always require believers to defend his existence through killings as it is historically described in the crusades, jihads, inquisitions, heresy, slavery, dogmas, creed, doctrinations, proselytizings. Our pagan God don't require any malevolent means nor theatrical shrines (churches,synagogues,mosques) to prove it exist, all anyone need do is to just desecrate any of his messenger's shrine like Ayilala, Amadioha, Shango, Eshu and Ogun etc... May I remind you, as you all know for sure that not a single devotee nor priest will shout "Shangoakbar
" and slaughter you....but it is assured something supernatural would happen to the desecrator.
Gods are the same everywhere and onto all human activities they manifest.

Wat makes Gods of different traditions seem different is because the way the people understand the forces are different.

However It's important to Note that Yahweh is Originally not a supreme God in Hebrew/Canaanite traditions and spirituality. During the time of Abraham, the kenites(a canaanite tribe of mountain dwellers) worshipped Yahweh as the mountain God, part of the Elohim(children of El), Abraham knew Yahweh as El Shaddai
El- God, Shaddai(shada-mountain, shaddu- mountain dweller) In Canaanite spirituality El Elyon is the supreme God and not Yahweh, so I find it insulting to Eledumare's personality to be equated with Yahweh a mountain God like Orisha Oke.

But even at that Yahweh worship is recognized by God, Yahweh similar to Orisha Oke. And no matter how Jews and Christians try to promote Yahweh it's not their duty to elevate forces of nature.
But Wat I have noticed is that the Jews being radical racist restructured The religion Moses made through the Torah(which recognized other Gods but restricted their worship) and proclaimed their national God(Yahweh) as God of the universe and God's only chosen people, and such confusions were carried into christianity.

Islam is totally an Arab traditional religion despite being non-pagan. Haven't u noticed everything Islam is Arab centered, the hijab, the Koran, mosques, pilgrimage to kaaba is Cure Arab tradition not Gods instruction in respect to religion.

Allah is also known as Hubal in pre-Islam Arabia, hubal was the moon god and acted as chief God being credited with creation. Mohamed's family were hubal devotees and Mecca was his city of worship.

Lemme highlight few similar gods of Yoruba and other traditions
Sango-Thor(Scandinavia)
Sigidi-Morpheus(Greek)
Osun-Aphrodite(Greek)
Esu-Hermes(Greek)
Oba-Hera(Greek)
Oko-Freyr(Scandinavia)

It's important to note that Different traditions are liable to have different spiritual understanding so that is why Paganic spiritualities are often different.

And it is mental slavery and foreign brainwash to think Other people are better than ur people in matters of spirituality especially.

Do you therefore mean, Allah of Islam is a paganic to the Arab race/ethnic just like Yahweh/Jeovah is paganic to the Jews? Because nevertheless both of 'em are still fake for needing humans to defend their existence and one of which couldn't come to the aid of 6million Jews getting gassed during the holocaust. Such a thing can never happen to the then pagan Yorubas, a mad fascist dictator would be ordering them to enter gas chamber to die in droves, awon temi oni fi oruka gbagbo gbo won ku danu...the knowledge of the oruka is from one of our pagan god (Osayin) who like the rest in the Yoruba pantheon, is a subject to our pagan supreme God (Eledua/Eleduumare/Olodumare)

Not atol, Islam strives on the Paganic traditions of pre-Islam Arabia but it has broken away from paganism by proclaiming a single God of it's original numerous pantheon to be the sustaining force of the universe.

Paganism is pure spirituality and unlike religion, worship is not mandatory but to recognize their existence and give due appreciation, no set rules but merely advice to grow in consciousness.

Both Allah and Yahweh are names used in Pagan Arabia and Canaanland(modern Israel, Syria, Lebanon) respectively but different false attributes have been linked with these names.

Pagans don't fight in the name of any God, especially not one of our own brothers. If you like kill yourself because of a God, you are no better than irreligious folks who serve their consciousness properly.

1 Like

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by noblejames: 11:13am On Dec 01, 2013
IamDebola:

Agreed I'm a fool & You're a fool also. But I'm just 18, by default you're not less than 25.
So who's the BIGGEST FOOL bros mi? Na You nau!

Even if you said something that favoured me in a stupid manner, I'll still call you a fool.
At your age you should be thinking about your future that is blinking in that country your country!
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by Sallychizzl3: 11:14am On Dec 01, 2013
date1816: . Kaf- Ha-Ya-'Ain-Sad.

[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].

2. (This is) a mention of the mercy of your Lord to His slave Zakariya (Zachariah).

3. When he called out his Lord (Allah) a call in secret,

4. Saying: "My Lord! Indeed my bones have grown feeble, and grey hair has spread on my head, And I have never been unblest in my invocation to You, O my Lord!

5. "And Verily! I fear my relatives after me, since my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir,

6. "Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Ya'qub (Jacob) (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not the wealth, etc.). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-pleased!".

7. (Allah said) "O Zakariya (Zachariah)! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, His name will be Yahya (John). We have given that name to none before (him)."

8. He said: "My Lord! How can I have a son, when my wife is barren, and I have reached the extreme old age."

9. He said: "So (it will be). Your Lord says; It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!"

10. [Zakariya (Zachariah)] said: "My Lord! Appoint for me a sign." He said: "Your sign is that you shall not speak unto mankind for three nights, though having no bodily defect."

11. Then he came out to his people from Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room, etc.), he told them by signs to glorify Allah's Praises in the morning and in the afternoon.

12. (It was said to his son): "O Yahya (John)! Hold fast the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)]." And We gave him wisdom while yet a child.

13. And (made him) sympathetic to men as a mercy (or a grant) from Us, and pure from sins [i.e. Yahya (John)] and he was righteous,

14. And dutiful towards his parents, and he was neither an arrogant nor disobedient (to Allah or to his parents).

15. And Salamun (peace) be on him the day he was born, the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life (again)!

16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an, O Muhammad ,the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah."

19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."

20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah).' "

22. So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24. Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat,as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is.

36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His prophets.

Jazakumu llahu khayran brother.
The qur'an already explained it in black and white. Those arguing blindly can just take a day off and study this wonderful book then you'll know no mortal man form what is in it. Ignorance is not an excuse,infact it is a disease. Leave what u'v hrd and find out the truth b/w the 2 religion. Take the qur'an(english translation is available) and bible,study it
without the influence of any alfa or pastor and use the common sense God bestowed u with to judge for ursef. There's no need to get confused ova anything. Peace

1 Like

Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by noblejames: 11:16am On Dec 01, 2013
IamDebola:

You know what? I left Nigeria a long time ago, So count me out if you're basically talking to Nigerians because Ima be getting my citizenship very soon..

No carry politics enta this one.. if u carry politics enta i go tell you to Go and Die, and you never threw up those words to trap anyone.. na 1 chance u enta..

U no sai u don enta 1 chance for my hand, by the way do you know I'm just 18 years old? Continous argument with me is Trash because Ima keep replying you like a kid.. Like a toddler rather..

So you can keep arguing with me till evening... I wan take short nap.. See you later..
u no go anywhere u dey under ikeja bridge make we hear something....
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2013
macof:

So was Jesus immortal? undecided
Yes He is God. He rose on the third day, unlike mohammed.
Re: Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. by IamDebola: 11:16am On Dec 01, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

CAN Visits Osinbajo, Demands Five-point Agenda / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) / Orji Uzor Kalu's Thanksgiving Service In Abuja: Maurice Iwu, Ngige, Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.