Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... (9081 Views)

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / The Way My Yoruba Friends Brother Told Me Bye Yesterday After Church / Display Of Flashy Things That Scare Broke And Responsible Dudes Away From Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by peachezncream(f): 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
kajole: @op

you a big fat smelling liar.

You are flashy and you cant support it even with a photoshopped picture of your kpomo lips

i say once again

gerrout of here

Waspy: Attention Monger......angry

tellwisdom: Dey deceive yourself. Mugu undecided

I won't belittle myself by exchanging words with u guys. . .

3 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by kajole(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
peachez'n'cream:

I refuse to exchange words with u guys. . .

and who wants to exchange words with?

You are just an irritating liar
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by tellwisdom: 12:04am On Dec 20, 2013
peachez'n'cream:

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Fayrouzz(m): 12:27am On Dec 20, 2013
What exactly do u mean by "a touch of class"?
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by seangy4konji: 12:30am On Dec 20, 2013
pics or it did not happen
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by WackyJ1(m): 1:27am On Dec 20, 2013
Fayrouzz: What exactly do u mean by "a touch of class"?
She meant Ss2

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by seangy4konji: 1:31am On Dec 20, 2013
You make sense...she is not a happy lady..i v been monitoring her also.
Kelechi2020:

I have beenmonitoring you for quite some time.......
My observations are......
You are single and badly searching for a man....
2 you always make noise about guys that you know nothing about their psychology...
3 the worst part which most gullible nlanders won't notice is that you are deceptive(deceiver) and I pity those that swallow your advice hook line and sinker...
The op is seeking advice on how to appear less flashy a and you are suggesting she stick to her status....What is that suppose to mean..
#criticise objectively

3 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by ireneidiva(f): 2:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Ohwhy: I dunno why we girls overdress or over makeup even if na to go nearby chemist go buy something or to see a nearby friend.
@Op
If you use heels, pls stop! Use only on occasions.

Follow me to yaba so we can buy bend down select(some guys know d estimate of clothes dey see on a woman)

Reduce d makeup if u can.

Try as much as possible not to hold your handbag on ur wrists like most girls do.

Only bring out your phone if u have a call. Dont flash it anyhow.(Costly phones)

Try as much as possible to go out with ur natural hair once in a while.. Not Brazilian hair every time, dem go run.

Avoid using loud colours all over every time except if u are going out out.

don't bring out your phone except you want to make a call. Are you serious?? Op flashy is good as long as you are as polite as possible. Just be yourself.
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 20, 2013
seangy4konji: You make sense...she is not a happy lady..i v been monitoring her also.

Lol @ monitor.
How about CPU?

2 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 20, 2013
OP looks normal to me undecided
I think she's just surrounded by swagless boys who are used to dating ugly girls grin

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 20, 2013
2buff: OP looks normal to me undecided
I think she's just surrounded by swagless boys who are used to dating ugly girls grin

GBAM!
At least, someone understands!
Phew, most of y'all are really hungry, guess I did hit a nerve with dt sentence! grin

3 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 20, 2013
^^I no even understand again. Awon Babes make una pack una bag come Western Canada. Scarcity of naija babes dey for hia.
Leave all those "my babe must be ugly/smelly/poor" guys wey wan kill una star. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 20, 2013
peachez'n'cream:

Forget them. Consider it a filtering mechanism.
Any guy who cannot see a woman shine is swagless and unworthy. SIMPLE!

Keep being humble, keep dressing nice and you'll meet him.

5 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Kelechi2020(m): 4:39am On Dec 20, 2013
You guys are derailing from the topic at hand......while the op it's making matters worse by ignoring my call to tell us that she is the one in question and not a friend
just tell us it's you,I think it well calm fray nerves like mine
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by vislabraye(m): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2013
If ur dressing is decent and U wear the right clothes for the right occasion, that's different.
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2013
kajole:

and who wants to exchange words with?

You are just an irritating liar
sharap! Must u reply her post. U're the one seeking for attention here.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 20, 2013
Kelechi2020: You guys are derailing from the topic at hand......while the op it's making matters worse by ignoring my call to tell us that she is the one in question and not a friend
just tell us it's you,I think it well calm fray nerves like mine
you had been quoting gibberish.
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Youngsage: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2013
@peaches, I hardly comment in here but just had to...

Seriously I have to say this post was kinda funny to me after reading it over because u are just freting over nothing! There's nothing for you to worry about here, u are very okayy to me. From your post, If you were really flashy, you wouldn't be liked by everybody talkless even considered humble. Rather you would be seen as supercillious and arrogant probably, but this isn't the case here since you were also considered as being down to earth. There is a differnce btwn being flashy, and classy!

The issue here is with the peeps you hang out with. Out of your friends, 5 are married and 4 in serious relationships. So none of your friends is single So how will single guys ask you out? You need to start going out more often, meet new peeps, and hang out with married pple less...
Most importantly be yourself. Any single guy out there who thinks you're 'flashy' is scared because he has low self esteem and is afraid he may not meet up to your standards. Go out more often and you'll meet other guys who'll appreciate you for who you are!

2 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by EejaNla01(m): 8:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Well, oh why is the only lady saying the reality cool
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Fweshboiswagg(m): 9:00am On Dec 20, 2013
Maybe your brother is right dear
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by WackyJ1(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2013
Young sage's post is endorsed
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by ikkings(m): 9:28am On Dec 20, 2013
FrancisTony: u wan chop pix?
If someone makes a claim about being beautiful or flashy as she claims, I believe there should be a pic to show, have u checked her profile? there is no pic there either, and she claims to be flashy; flashy my butt, she is probably past her prime thats why married men keep coming for her.

2 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

Lol @ monitor.
How about CPU?

lmfao na wa for nl ooo... How would d sentence go grin
(ive been cpuing her also) choiii
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 20, 2013

10 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by nicechic(f): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2013
Youngsage: @peaches, I hardly comment in here but just had to...

Seriously I have to say this post was kinda funny to me after reading it over because u are just freting over nothing! There's nothing for you to worry about here, u are very okayy to me. From your post, If you were really flashy, you wouldn't be liked by everybody talkless even considered humble. Rather you would be seen as supercillious and arrogant probably, but this isn't the case here since you were also considered as being down to earth. There is a differnce btwn being flashy, and classy!

The issue here is with the peeps you hang out with. Out of your friends, 5 are married and 4 in serious relationships. So none of your friends is single So how will single guys ask you out? You need to start going out more often, meet new peeps, and hang out with married pple less...
Most importantly be yourself. Any single guy out there who thinks you're 'flashy' is scared because he has low self esteem and is afraid he may not meet up to your standards. Go out more often and you'll meet other guys who'll appreciate you for who you are!
. Gbam... @Op, try ds nd com bk here to giv us testimonies.
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by ruthy28(f): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2013
Youngsage: @peaches, I hardly comment in here but just had to...

Very true if a guy really like u no matter how flashy u are he will approach u so don't dress down 4 anybody just be urself dear

2 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Kelechi2020(m): 10:25am On Dec 20, 2013
FrancisTony: you had been quoting gibberish.
things men don't understand they criticize...

don't take it personal cause it is not my fault that you have low comprehension and probably uneducated like the op....
My advice
use your head plus a dictionary...
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 20, 2013
As long as you aren't arrogant,be yourself,there is nothing wrong with your outward appearance.
Btw,always try as much as you can to put up friendly smiles,it sure helps to attract the male folks...

Found out when I dress flashy,the sales boy in a super mall as I step in wudnt help staring at me.I wud just smile at him and say 'hello' because I understand.Live free gurl,there's absolutely nothing wrong with you as long as you are beautiful and open minded.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by cj1080(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
This coming from a lad who likes to keep it simple.
As a working class Bruv, if you look to flashy my shyness kicks in and I just look and don't talk

Because the first thing that comes to mind, what gift will I get here under 3k that she will appreciate or which bar of fat food can I take her to under 5k that will be Ok for her.

My mind will be like she is fine but flashy, meaning buffet at Sheraton or shopping at woolworths and men that's gonna be expensive. Then my mind will decide, I think I will mind my business and concentrate on this lovely looking pure water nylon on the ground(me being shy). Even thinking, I can just be friendly with her drifts away like smoke from my mind.

7 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by cj1080(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2013
ruthy28:
Very true if a guy really like u no matter how flashy u are he will approach u so don't dress down 4 anybody just be urself dear

Come dear, you will be approached that's true, but it's not the people she is approached by that she will like.

She might see this cute walking Chuck of a guy that she really wants attention from, he looks and the first thing that comes to mind is(how much de my wallet, where my atm de) before he considers the approach, tend his checking if she is smiling at him or boning like the mopol at a boko haram check point.

While he is considering all this and she is praying, dude get here an say hi already, some father of 3, with his wife in dubai and his kids in school will do the approach for him.

At this point the guy will go. (thank god, na aristo baby "baba I thank you from saving me and my little money"wink without knowing that the girl is going(why, does this always happen to me)

Does anyone know where I can get a mind reading app for women.

3 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by WackyJ1(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2013
Nonso23:
Your post was totally on point until the bolded.
You should know that nowadays flashy is synonimous with high-maintenance, high-maintenance synonimous with runz-girlism, runz-girlism synonimous with No Future Ambition (NFA) and even serious, well meaning, RICH GUYS, would be scared of asking flashy ladies out judging from the above deductions. NO sensible guy would want anything serious with an NFA. It's a judgemental generalization but that's how a lot of serious guys think.

@O.p it's not a problem dressing good but moderation is key. It's okay not to be a perfect barbie all the time, it's okay to have your hair out of place once in a while and also unless you are headed to a function tone done on your casuals. Men overestimate the price of clothing on women and once their meter goes into the red zone it's going to be admiration from a distance and nothing more. Only married men and play boys who have nothing to lose will want to take take such up.
It's got nothing to do with esteem, it's all about opportunity cost and time value placed on targeted goals. Say no to time wasting grin

Now this guy has a very valid point.
As proven here

cj1080:
This coming from a lad who likes to keep it simple.
As a working class Bruv, if you look to flashy my shyness kicks in and I just look and don't talk

Because the first thing that comes to mind, what gift will I get here under 3k that she will appreciate or which bar of fat food can I take her to under 5k that will be Ok for her.

My mind will be like she is fine but flashy, [b]meaning buffet at Sheraton or shopping at woolworths and men that's gonna be expensive. [/b]Then my mind will decide, I think I will mind my business and concentrate on this lovely looking pure water nylon on the ground(me being shy). Even thinking, I can just be friendly with her drifts away like smoke from my mind.
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by nanalady(f): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Nonso23:
Your post was totally on point until the bolded.
You should know that nowadays flashy is synonimous with high-maintenance, high-maintenance synonimous with runz-girlism, runz-girlism synonimous with No Future Ambition (NFA) and even serious, well meaning, RICH GUYS, would be scared of asking flashy ladies out judging from the above deductions. NO sensible guy would want anything serious with an NFA. It's a judgemental generalization but that's how a lot of serious guys think.

@O.p it's not a problem dressing good but moderation is key. It's okay not to be a perfect barbie all the time, it's okay to have your hair out of place once in a while and also unless you are headed to a function tone done on your casuals. Men overestimate the price of clothing on women and once their meter goes into the red zone it's going to be admiration from a distance and nothing more. Only married men and play boys who have nothing to lose will want to take take such up.
It's got nothing to do with esteem, it's all about opportunity cost and time value placed on targeted goals. Say no to time wasting grin
hmmmm...N0 wasting grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Broke Up With Me And Sent Me This Picture / About To Cook This Ugly Fresh Fish — Picture / Is It Possible? (I'm 16, She's 16, We're JAMBites. Will We Make It?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.