Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... (9090 Views)

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / The Way My Yoruba Friends Brother Told Me Bye Yesterday After Church / Display Of Flashy Things That Scare Broke And Responsible Dudes Away From Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Adaeze003(f): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
alutacontinua: If u look at my first post, classy is 'when it's within your limits'. A classy girl doesn't need you to be shopping her things for her! She has her money, she works hard for it and she's ready to spend it. The problem most pple have is dt dey associate 'classy nd ill-mannered'! Dt's just poverty mentality. 'Rude' is not a function of whether you're classy or not! Have you seen how rude some street-hawkers can be? Trust me, it all boils down to inferiority complex in the end. There are 'big', sweet and nice ladies. If they're too much for a guy to afford, nd he cannot just let her accept him for who he is (the truth is these ladies mostly don't mind, it's y'all dt over-think things), then, waka pass but don't expect a lady to throw away her iPhone 5 and buy BB curve because she wants you to approach her!

Couldn't have said it any better. They just don't gerrit. They don't even believe that they can sustain a relatship without spending heavily. Sheesh...

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by crackhaus: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
cheesy cheesy
Chai, these gals will just keep using words to make themselves feel better.
First it was 'weaklings', then 'low self-esteem', now it's 'inferiority complex'.
One even said 'poverty mentality', oga ooo...make I dey look una

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Dlionsheart: 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Stop cat-walking: dey waka like kpako

burn all your flashy wears, make ups, etc: be wearing okirika-wake-up

stop using flashy phones: Nokia 3310 or Nokia touch light is preferable

stop drinking costly or expensive wine: zobbo, kunu and highest Pepsi is preferable (no go drink ogogoro oo)

if you have a car, sell it and buy and be using keke, okada/going and your legedis benz sometimes

stop speaking like American or Jamaican's ladies: dis our demgo demgo go help you

stop using tiger-claws nails in your fingers: people (single guys) will think that you're a witch

if u dey smoke (like many western girls), stop it: single guys may think that you're a bad firewood.

stop asking guys to take you to Chinese restaurants, transcorp Hilton, Mr. Biggs, etc: mama ekaite, mama comfort's buka no be bad idea. You can also join us and que for KOSE and FURA.

don't behave or dress like general distributor or like free electrons (guys, you know what I mean)

stop using tilted glass (eye glass or goggle) to cover your eyes

make sure you come back here - on NL to give the testimony.

May God help you find a good guy

AAMI OO!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Adaeze003:

Couldn't have said it any better. They just don't gerrit. They don't even believe that they can sustain a relatship without spending heavily. Sheesh...
as in ehen.i just tire :/
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
shooze: Odi egwu @ buy a small phone . After working almost 13 hours daily I will now deny myself some luxury because I want amu mba biko. I used to belong to that school of thot until I woke up and smelt the coffee .

Now if I want to drive a prado I buy it and I drive it well. As aluta and kuyle pointed out as long as you look classy and well behaved someone will come your way . In the interim please don't deny yourself of things because you want to snare someone so he does not fall in love with who you are not.

Be yourself , you only have one life to live
gbam
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
peachez'n'cream:
Thank you all for your advice. You couldn't have said it any better. I will surely make changes where applicable..

I'm glad u saw my pix, thanks for the comment sis, I'm honored...

Have a great Sunday y'all. . . .
my dear,there is nothing wrong with you.you dont have to make any changes just BE YOUR USUAL SELF

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nonso23:
hmmm...That post was based on kulyie's.
This new definition for flashy and classy has got me befuddled o...
Of course a gentleman is classy, a 'wizkid' is 'flashy'. Please feel free to enlighten me more on these definitions.
I think the O.p said somewhere in her post that she just relocated back to Nigeria. What i'm driving at is this "Nigerian women are materialistic" - that is definitely a general opinion (among men) and is obviously not meant in a derogatory manner as used in this context.
You talked about designer wears as a touch of class. How much is one luis vuitton handbag? One varsace ball gown? One pair custom made italian shoes? We are talking of close to a million naira.
Let's get into a man's head.
I take you shopping (customary gesture) once a month i spend close to 3 milla unto designer levels. My Range is just 25milla. Meaning, if we date for 10months my your wardrobe will cost more than an average Rangerover sports. That's outrageous. I'd rather wait for someone who is not so into the classy designers thingy and save than blow such cash on a girl i might not get married to -he thinks. All na investment. Meanwhile all the girl has on might cost less than 10k.
It's all perception based on assumptions they have made judging from your appearance. Have you bothered to find out why the even classy guys opt for the normal looking girls over the classy ones. Less drama, less spending. grin
In a man's world, business is a game and money is how we keep the scores. Anything that will drop his networth is a no no. Classy girls: Friends? Yes. Date? No.
What i'm saying is this. It's not about esteem, there other more important variables in the equation.
if it is about that,a classy girl will have her own money to spend na.if she like let her buy prada,louis vuitton,khloe etc,when you enter a relationship as a man,a man is supposed to do what DEFINE HIS RELATIONSHIP AND HIS TERMS AND AGREEMENT BEFORE PUTTING LEG SO THAT THERE WILL BE NO PRESSURE TO IMPRESS THE GIRL.you tell the babe straight up,ehhn,my dear come o,we need to talk.i earn 50k as salary,dont expect too much from me o,if i have,i will buy for you,if i dont meet up to your expectation,no problem,you can go o.so the ball is now in the girls court to decide whether she can cope with a stater or she moves to mr millionaire who will spoil her

meanwhile remove it from your mind that every girl is materialistic except you want to agree with me that every guys priority in a relationship is s3x.is as simple as that

this world is not hard but some human beings just like complicating it for reasons best known to their ego.jeez!

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by MRL1MPoPoTM: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
UR'e a big FOOL.how do u expect us to judge witawt showin us a single pictur or do u think this a forum of dumb n inarticulate felllas. Mseeeeew.angry.wat an infantile thread!flashy my balls
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
crackhaus:
Well since her brother is not here, why don't you enlighten us with your opinion.

What is your own idea of 'flashy or unflashy'?
What are your own indices for measuring a person as 'flashy or unflashy'?
What makes a person 'flashy or unflashy'?

Because what I'm thinking here is, YOU don't just like the word 'flashy'...I may be wrong though, but please help answer those questions and cure my ignorance...
I won't mind if you make me look stewpid in the process.
no 1. Go and check your dictionary for the meaning of flashy.no.2 flashiness is in the eyes of the beholder for example painting your lips with red lipstick the way rita dominic does her own might be termed flashy by some peoples standard and plaiting your hair all back with chandeline earings might also be flashy to another
meaning one mans meat is another mans poison.what we term as flashiness differs

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by shooze: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2013
Classy does not always mean expensive . I have seen people wear a pair of jeans and white t shirt and look classy and someone decked in all the designer gear and look like trash .

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by peachezncream(f): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:
UR'e a big FOOL.how do u expect us to judge witawt showin us a single pictur or do u think this a forum of dumb n inarticulate felllas. Mseeeeew.angry.wat an infantile thread!flashy my balls

Your Iq is below room temperature. .
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by crackhaus: 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
kulyie: no 1. Go and check your dictionary for the meaning of flashy.no.2 flashiness is in the eyes of the beholder for example painting your lips with red lipstick the way rita dominic does her own might be termed flashy by some peoples standard and plaiting your hair all back with chandeline earings might also be flashy to another
meaning one mans meat is another mans poison.what we term as flashiness differs
undecided undecided undecided

Typical! I see words but nothing being said. I asked a simple question, 'what is your own definition of the term? You're telling me to find out from the dictionary, as if we(I) don't already know what it says there. Smh!

You ladies should stop interchanging flashy with classy gaddemit, it's pathetic really...like WTF
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by crackhaus: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
shooze: I have seen people wear a pair of jeans and white t shirt and look classy.
Bro, next time please type this part of your post in Caps and Bolds so these lasses see it clearly.

They say classy is now a better replacement word for flashy...Imagining the concobillity! angry
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Nonso23:

I don't believe all ladies date for cash o I was just bringing the basic mindset of many Nigerian men to the fore.
You guys are side stepping this question. If the classy lady is getting no advances from men, why can't she make the first move on a guy she likes and save everyone the stress?
Like you said life will be easier that way.
since time immemorial,it has always been the duty of the man to walk up to any girl he likes and express his feelings and not the other way round
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by pickabeau1: 7:15am On Dec 23, 2013
You have a way with words///

cj1080: This coming from a lad who likes to keep it simple.
As a working class Bruv, if you look to flashy my shyness kicks in and I just look and don't talk

Because the first thing that comes to mind, what gift will I get here under 3k that she will appreciate or which bar of fat food can I take her to under 5k that will be Ok for her.

My mind will be like she is fine but flashy, meaning buffet at Sheraton or shopping at woolworths and men that's gonna be expensive. Then my mind will decide, I think I will mind my business and concentrate on this lovely looking pure water nylon on the ground(me being shy). Even thinking, I can just be friendly with her drifts away like smoke from my mind.
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 23, 2013
Nonso23:

If I say since time immemorial the role of a woman has always been restricted to the kitchen and not in offices I know how people will bash my life here( I did not say it o just thinking aloud )
If that much can change why can't the dating game??
well times have changed so also ways of doing things.some few women out there still have the nerves to ask a man out but it is 2 in every 100 cases and when men stops looking at those kinds of women as dirty tramps,skanks or desperadoes who want to date the guy by fire by force,the changes will improve but for now only few girls are having the boldness to do such a thing
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 23, 2013
crackhaus:
undecided undecided undecided

Typical! I see words but nothing being said. I asked a simple question, 'what is your own definition of the term? You're telling me to find out from the dictionary, as if we(I) don't already know what it says there. Smh!

You ladies should stop interchanging flashy with classy gaddemit, it's pathetic really...like WTF
ill be right back to answer you,let me do some washing
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nonso23:
the assumption that men view women who make the first move as desperadoes, skanks, et al is a generalization. infact the last time such a topic was raised the majority of men on here were in support of the 'direct woman' over the 'green light' woman.
okay, what if i say that those women who can't walk up to a man to express their feelings are suffering from low self-esteem?
what if i say that those women have ego problems?
what if i say that those women lack self-confidence?
And since your statistics say there are just 2 out of a possible 100 women who can do so that puts the confident women at a very odd position.
A classy woman is a confident woman so therefore if a classy woman can't walk up to a man to tell him how she feels then maybe she is not classy after-all...(all these are deductions based on my previous premises)
ordinary wink wey one woman wink for church give one brother,you need to see the way nairalanders were castigating the girl,calling her all sorts of names.no be naija.infact if a friend told you that a lady wooed me today,no be una go tell your friend make e run say the girl na emere abi na mammy water grin
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Saraha1(f): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
peachez'n'cream:
Thank you all for your advice. You couldn't have said it any better. I will surely make changes where applicable..

I'm glad u saw my pix, thanks for the comment sis, I'm honored...

Have a great Sunday y'all. . . .
sister pls let me take a glance on your pix.I want to judge from the picture as well. Lol
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by MRL1MPoPoTM: 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
peachez'n'cream:

Your Iq is below room temperature. .

lamest post ever!!!
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
grin undecided
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:

lamest post ever!!!
undecided
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Kelechi2020(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2013
thank s to all those that have confirmed a to the fact that alutacintinua is a nuisance

alutacontinua: @ohwhy, I disagree with you!
Trying to look classy only becomes a crime
when you go beyond your abilities. U know d
usual borrow-pose that some ladies do or
taking money from guys to look the way
their status cannot afford.
If u have the money, pls, go for things that
fit in your status.
There are some things I see today and when
I ask for the price, i'll waka pass. In the next
4 years, if i'm able to COMFORTABLY afford
those things, i'll gladly buy them. You don't
expect someone who makes USD3000 yo
dress the same way she wld when she was
making USD1000, do you? I'm not one to
advocate for make-up and brazilian hair but
u don't need all those to look classy! When
you're classy, you're classy. Your steps are,
your voice is, your carriage is, your aura is!
Everything about you is!
As per the guyz, there are too many hu gry
guys out there and their ego won't let them
be, don't lower your standards because of
dem, if dey can't upgrade or push their ego
aside, it's their loss! There are guys who are
confortable with women like you, don't let
anybody tell you otherwise!

my reply was

I have beenmonitoring you for quite some
time.......
My observations are......
You are single and badly searching for a
man....
2 you always make noise about guys that you
know nothing about their psychology...
3 the worst part which most gullible nlanders
won't notice is that you are deceptive(deceiver)
and I pity those that swallow your advice hook
line and sinker...
The op is seeking advice on how to appear less
flashy a and you are suggesting she stick to
her status....What is that suppose to mean..
#criticise objectively
( Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report) 21 Likes
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2013
Kelechi2020: thank s to all those that have confirmed a to the fact that alutacintinua is a nuisance

alutacontinua: @ohwhy, I disagree with you!
Trying to look classy only becomes a crime
when you go beyond your abilities. U know d
usual borrow-pose that some ladies do or
taking money from guys to look the way
their status cannot afford.
If u have the money, pls, go for things that
fit in your status.
There are some things I see today and when
I ask for the price, i'll waka pass. In the next
4 years, if i'm able to COMFORTABLY afford
those things, i'll gladly buy them. You don't
expect someone who makes USD3000 yo
dress the same way she wld when she was
making USD1000, do you? I'm not one to
advocate for make-up and brazilian hair but
u don't need all those to look classy! When
you're classy, you're classy. Your steps are,
your voice is, your carriage is, your aura is!
Everything about you is!
As per the guyz, there are too many hu gry
guys out there and their ego won't let them
be, don't lower your standards because of
dem, if dey can't upgrade or push their ego
aside, it's their loss! There are guys who are
confortable with women like you, don't let
anybody tell you otherwise!

my reply was

I have beenmonitoring you for quite some
time.......
You are single and badly searching for a
man....
2 you always make noise about guys that you
know nothing about their psychology...
3 the worst part which most gullible nlanders
won't notice is that you are deceptive(deceiver)
and I pity those that swallow your advice hook
line and sinker...
The op is seeking advice on how to appear less
flashy a and you are suggesting she stick to
her status....What is that suppose to mean..
#criticise objectively
( Modify ) ( Quote ) ( Report) 21 Likes
say you're crushing on her. grin
Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2013
FrancisTony: say you're crushing on her. grin

Lol
As in ehn grin cheesy
At least, i've now noticed his user name.
He could just have said something since, I would have noticed him cool

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Told Me I'm Too Flashy... by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kelechi2020:

I have beenmonitoring you for quite some time.......
You are single and badly searching for a man....
2 you always make noise about guys that you know nothing about their psychology...
3 the worst part which most gullible nlanders won't notice is that you are deceptive(deceiver) and I pity those that swallow your advice hook line and sinker...
The op is seeking advice on how to appear less flashy a and you are suggesting she stick to her status....What is that suppose to mean..
#criticise objectively

LMAOOOO

grin grin grin

Two of una get beef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Me And My Marieolae / How I Banged My First Bank Marketer / Meet The 32 Year Old Lady Who Became The First Person To Get Married To Herself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.