Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39198 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by folahann(m): 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

In case you didn't notice, I have never defended GEJ whether he said he will contest or not.

I am here to show guys typing from Alausa (i want to assume you are not one) that we will no longer be deceived by their politics of bitterness and anger. And the ultimate aim of returning the presidency to the born-2-rule folks whose only business is government!

No I'm not one.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by jamace(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
After Buhari's woeful defeat in 2011 Presidential election, Buhari said, "I will never contest election again"

The same Buhari has this to say:

2015: Only death'll stop me from contesting Buhari - The Sun News.
Source:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-on...

Buhari: Contesting in 2015 is an obligation - Daily Trust
https://www.Dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stori.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Since Abagworo ran away from the thread he created, I'll assume he has accepted his folly.

Berem, I'll be waiting for your proof or white flag.....anytime!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by SirCee: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Promise is promise, Mr President.
I trust that you will fulfil your promise to Nigerians, Obasanjo and the world at large.
Dont say because apple is sweet, then plug every apple on its tree.
You will be a HERO if you stand by your promise.
We just celebrated one- MANDELA, you could be the next HERO in Africa and first in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace: After Buhari's woeful defeat in 2011 Presidential election, Buhari said, "I will never contest election again"

Source:

I have countless number of sources.
Including their very PT: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/4628-buhari_to_contest_again_in_2015.html

I was waiting for Berem or her partner in crime, Abagworo, to show me where and when GEJ declared his intention.
Maybe she's still googling.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by jamace(m): 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace: After Buhari's woeful defeat in 2011 Presidential election, Buhari said, "I will never contest election again"

Source:

Read the full gist here: https://www.nairaland.com/1562912/never-contest-elections-again-buhari
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by tobex23(m): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine: . . . . Old and futile stunts . . . .Meet GEJ at the polls and prove your might. Shikena

Lapdog 2, admit he said it, simple!! Don't quote me
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
jamace:

Read the full gist here: https://www.nairaland.com/1562912/never-contest-elections-again-buhari

Can we not confidently say the person without honour and integrity is Buhari?
I think we can and should!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by maimalari: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2013
shocked Choi!!! This man can lie.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by SUBMARINE: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
2014/2015 Who APC present as presidential candidate will finally prove if they are ethno-religiously biased or not. If they present a Northerner, their coffin will be sealed and buried as all Northern XTIAN, Igbo and SS people will totally rally round GEJ and SW XTIANS will not fully support APC due to fear of Islamization.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by jamace(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

Can we not confidently say the person without honour and integrity is Buhari?
I think we can and should!

Don't mind BUHARI.

I think he cried in 2011, isn't it? He is going to cry us a river in 2015. He ain't known nothing yet.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by creazor(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

You are deviating. If Buhari declares or starts fighting people who want to run for Presidency under APC, then I will believe he's bent on running at all cost. I'm yet to notice that. Jonathan on the other hand is already fighting and punishing people with perceived Presidential ambitions. Tukur has solidly made a statement that he's there to ensure Jonathan is PDP candidate for 2015 without holding any primaries.

Pls sir, culd u kindly educate me on these:
1. Is this d first time a party is fielding a candidate without primaries?
2. Is it stated in d constitution dat primaries must be observed b4 a party's candidate is selected?
3. Which other party other than PDP respects the primaries in terms of consistency?
4. Is there any other party conducts primaries at all?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by celinababy: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
Well, he did say all dat,but he has CHANGED his mind.Its not allways easy to keep promises
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by irokop(m): 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
Pls pls de jonathan we the good ppl of nig biaf is begging u to contest and win till 2019, infact we are going to plan for 3million man match GEJ must stay

you are doing very well in all sectors you have human face unlike others, pls sir do not leave the office out of angar cos these animals want to come and mess the whole thing up again.

Pls stay dont mind them.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by SUBMARINE: 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
If you are a Yoruba and you want SS to complete their tenure whether under GEJ or another, pls click like.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by bodmasfem(m): 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
SUBMARINE: 2014/2015 Who APC present as presidential candidate will finally prove if they are ethno-religiously biased or not. If they present a Northerner, their coffin will be sealed and buried as all Northern XTIAN, Igbo and SS people will totally rally round GEJ and SW XTIANS will not fully support APC due to fear of Islamization.

this your statement has shown that u and try tyJonathan are ethno riligittryous biased! how can u vote for somebody just because he's a Christian or a Muslim or because he is from a region? your support should be based on integrity, honesty and performance!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by bodmasfem(m): 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
SUBMARINE: 2014/2015 Who APC present as presidential candidate will finally prove if they are ethno-religiously biased or not. If they present a Northerner, their coffin will be sealed and buried as all Northern XTIAN, Igbo and SS people will totally rally round GEJ and SW XTIANS will not fully support APC due to fear of Islamization.

this your statement has shown that u and Jonathan are ethno riligiously biased! how can u vote for somebody just because he's a Christian or a Muslim or because he is from a region? your support should be based on integrity, honesty and performance!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by nduchucks: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2013
Well meaning Nigerians should acknowledge GEJ's right to contest in a free and fair election, under normal conditions. GEJ has however made current conditions abnormal. Having realized that he may not win the primaries in his PDP, GEJ proceeded to use the old coot, Tukur, to change party rules, while attempting to thwart attempts by PDP governors who might oppose him in the said primaries.

GEJ did not stop there, we know how he has been fighting Amaechi and other PDP governors. GEJ's anti democratic and selfish moves have ultimately destroyed his PDP, a party which was built by many many, now angry heavy weights.

Is this man worth fighting for in the name of democracy? I say NO. GEJ has done himself in, PDP governors are abandoning him, Reps and Senators have left him and his PDP, the Nigerian people have also left him, though he does not yet realize it.

The condition which exists today in Nigeria is the same kind we saw during the period when Nigerians welcomed regime changes via coup. This time the coup may not be carried out by the millitary but by the Nigerian people. Adios GEJ.

It is instructive that the only people who continue to e-support GEJ are from the part of Nigeria where GEJ supposedly won 90 - 99% of the votes in 2011 by blatant rigging.

The good news is, GEJ and his cohorts will be the last set of thieving politicians to rule Nigeria. I can sense the hand of providence in this matter, Nigeria is poised to become great in the very near future. cool
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by SHAAWA: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”(NO COMMENT)[b][/b]

WE ARE LEARNING NEW THINGS EVERDAY, THANK YOU GUYS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT IAM NOT OBLIGATED TO HONOR ANY PREVIOUS STATEMENT/AGREEMENT/PRONOUNCEMENT AS LONG AS, IT WAS NOT DONE IN COURT.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
ndu_chucks: Well meaning Nigerians should acknowledge GEJ's right to contest in a free and fair election, under normal conditions. GEJ has however made current conditions abnormal. Having realized that he may not win the primaries in his PDP, GEJ proceeded to use the old coot, Tukur, to change party rules, while attempting to thwart attempts by PDP governors who might oppose him in the said primaries.

GEJ did not stop there, we know how he has been fighting Amaechi and other PDP governors. GEJ's anti democratic and selfish moves have ultimately destroyed his PDP, a party which was built by many many, now angry heavy weights.

Is this man worth fighting for in the name of democracy? I say NO. GEJ has done himself in, PDP governors are abandoning him, Reps and Senators have left him and his PDP, the Nigerian people have also left him, though he does not yet realize it.

The condition which exists today in Nigeria is the same kind we saw during the period when Nigerians welcomed regime changes via coup. This time the coup may not be carried out by the millitary but by the Nigerian people. Adios GEJ.

It is instructive that the only people who continue to e-support GEJ are from the part of Nigeria where GEJ supposedly won 90 - 99% of the votes in 2011 by blatant rigging.

The good news is, GEJ and his cohorts will be the last set of thieving politicians to rule Nigeria. I can sense the hand of providence in this matter, Nigeria is poised to become great in the very near future. cool

Bros please park well ooo!!! GEJ is not fighting Rotimi Amaecha. Rather Amaechi is fighting his political shadow after he impregnated the 50-year-old-looking daughter of Wole Soyinka.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
ndu_chucks: [s]Well meaning Nigerians should acknowledge GEJ's right to contest in a free and fair election, under normal conditions. GEJ has however made current conditions abnormal. Having realized that he may not win the primaries in his PDP, GEJ proceeded to use the old coot, Tukur, to change party rules, while attempting to thwart attempts by PDP governors who might oppose him in the said primaries.

It is instructive that the only people who continue to e-support GEJ are from the part of Nigeria where GEJ supposedly won 90 - 99% of the votes in 2011 [s]by blatant rigging.

The good news is, GEJ and his cohorts will be the last set of thieving politicians to rule Nigeria. I can sense the hand of providence in this matter, Nigeria is poised to become great in the very near future. [/s]

You are very confused, neither here nor there.

Here's your thread:
ndu_chucks: Granted many of us believe that GEJ should not be returned as President in 2015, but the man has been on the receiving end of vicious attacks from every imaginable angle.

I believe its time to take a deep breadth and back up before we cause this man to have a heart attack or some other ailment. I do not believe that GEJ is strong enough to take these attacks much longer. Lets allow him to focus until 2015. When a man is boxed into a corner without much oxygen, he willl fight for his live in a manner which could yield unpredictable result.

I call for truce on NL. Afterall the man is our President and we really should wish him well as a human being.

Our people talk say, Agbarucha nwangene, e kuru ngene nua, na him be say "Some things you despise will continue to be indispensable whether you like it or not". For now, he is our President, let us help him through 2015 for the sake of all.

Here's some of your posts:

ndu_chucks:

In whose interest is it to keep him distracted from doing his job to the best of his abilities because of the overwhlmin attacks by OBJ and people like you? Isn't it better to allow him to rule for the next year or so in peace? Why are you people hell bent on sending him to an early grave?

ndu_chucks:

The level of criticism has risen to unhealthy levels. Would you sir, join me on a truce until 2014?

Did you create that thread to increase your bargaining power in Alausa?

Just saying....
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by naso2(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: I‘ll not contest 2015 election – Jonathan

on february 01, 2011 at 1:41 am in news
BY DANIEL       IDONOR

ANKARA, TURKEY — President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.
The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.
“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa.
While fielding questions from those present at the interactive session on whether Nigerians abroad will vote, Jonathan said: “I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”
On the issue of security, Jonathan said the government was doing everything possible to arrest the situation. He disclosed that all those involved in the October 1 bombing had been arrested and were being prosecuted. He, however, said he ordered the release of the car dealers because they were just businessmen who could not have known that the vehicles were to be used for such heinous crime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nigeriansfornigeriaorg/ill-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/496922675810?_rdr

[size=14pt]GEJ was saying " I will ensure Nigerians in diaspora are allowed to vote in 2015 even IF I will not be contesting" He was simply stating a worst case scenario that if even it happens that I will not contest 2015, you guys in diaspora will still vote.[/size]

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by BennoitKenny: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
'by 2015 even though I will not be running for election' That means probably, considering issues, may be or if God granted me. So GEJ is there for the 2015 elections and let the APC go and die off.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by paschalndidi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
He's wise. The outcome of national conference will determine whether he will run or not. Maybe Nigeria will break up before then, you never know
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by winteriscoming: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
I personally, like a lot of people on this thread don't think there is anything wrong with the President changing his mind. Like a seemingly intelligent guy said on the frontpage; let the polls decide.

The only thing we can pray and hope for is that INEC is truly independent.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by nduchucks: 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

You are very confused, neither here nor there.

Here's your thread:

Here's some of your posts:

Did you create that thread to increase your bargaining power in Alausa?

Just saying....

Bros, ibu onye JJC?

Most NLers know my position on GEJ. I continue to believe that he is a very good man with a good heart, but is surrounded by the biggest thieves Nigeria has ever encountered. He has proved to be a weaklin who is incapable of ruling the Nigerian people.

After OBJ's letter, more people became emboldened and I thought the e-threats, e-insults, and e-condemnations hauled at GEJ became excessive so I called upon NLers to observe a truce until year's end so that our weaklin of a President will not have a heart attack.

I do not want to believe that you are an intellectual midget who is unable to comprehend my write-ups and put them in the right perspectives, because if I did that, I'd be wrong. I urge you not to rush into unreasonable conclusions in an attempt to label me a political jobber. If anything, I'd make jobbers out of the unfortunate among us. Lets not personalize our discussions, lets focus on issues and politicians.,

Cheeers.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Sekpe agah: if he like he should go ahead n contest bt all we know is dat 2015 is for APC.GBAM

Keep dreaming.

But I can assure you that you will cry.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
tobex_23:

Lapdog 2, admit he said it, simple!! Don't quote me

Read the article again a&$wipe
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by InvertedHammer: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: I‘ll not contest 2015 election – Jonathan

on february 01, 2011 at 1:41 am in news
BY DANIEL       IDONOR

ANKARA, TURKEY — President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair...

The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.

Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”

/
Now I am confused.

He said he has no ambition to stay beyond 2015....but if voted for the next 4 years, he will ensure...

\
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by San5555: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
Contestin in 2015 is nt an abomination,,but i wll hv like a situation where by its d overwhelmin public dat are calln 4 his servic in 2015,,do 2 his wonderfu per4manc in d last 4 yr
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
na_so:

[size=14pt]GEJ was saying " I will ensure Nigerians in diaspora are allowed to vote in 2015 even IF I will not be contesting" He was simply stating a worst case scenario that if even it happens that I will not contest 2015, you guys in diaspora will still vote.[/size]

Bros I tried to make one goon understand the "even though" is more of eventuality than not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mohammed Babangida And Yakolo Indimi In Battle After Divorce / Enjoy Your Buhari – Reno Omokri Blasts Sowore For Supporting Buhari In 2015 / Peter Obi Celebrates Charly Boy On His 73rd Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.