Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39197 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Bizibi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
Nigerians will always be fools unless they wake up,APC and PDP are birds of the same feather,the way APC is going....they are gradually turning to PDP and d bees they accepted will go back to their hive. if una like support buhari and tinubu or obj and ibb,Nigerians should know that these men don't give a damn abt us, until we begin to realize this then we will continue to look like zombies

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007: Let me ask again: berem, abagworo, donphilopus, Yomieluv, AnanseK, AgbaMumu, DemMoron, DayoBigot and all you old and new Alausa boys/girls:

[size=14pt]Wetin concern agbero with overload?

What has GEJ contesting under PDP got to do with APC e-rats?[/size]
ask them oh. Wetin concern them, make them leave am now? E bi like say, the fear of gej contesting is sending shivers down some peeps spines.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Hey! I'm not an APC member. Jonathan has rights to contest but he lied that he would not.
neither am i but buhari, fashola lied as well. Why dont you wait until he declares.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
folahann: Ok, now grounds have been shifted a bit. Before they say he never mentioned anything like he won't contest. But now they admit he said that but he has the right to change his mind.

In case you didn't notice, I have never defended GEJ whether he said he will contest or not.

I am here to show guys typing from Alausa (i want to assume you are not one) that we will no longer be deceived by their politics of bitterness and anger. And the ultimate aim of returning the presidency to the born-2-rule folks whose only business is government!

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
berem: Do I need to tell you that he has indirectly declared his intention? Do I need to prove it to you? angry

Do I need to tell you Buhari has indirectly declared his intention. Do I need to prove it to you?

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by kevoneal: 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
Slizbeat:

End point- As long as Jonathan is constitutionally Qualified to rerun for 2015, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that whether he did well or not.....leave that to the Polls...Shikena.

So on point.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2013
Tadon200: I wonder what this igbo pdp people wil do if jonathan comes out 2014 and tell Nigerians he is not contesting for 2015. MANY WILL SURELY COMMIT SUCIDE OR BETTER STILL DRINK RAT POISON.
If pdp presidential is given to a northerner,what will igbo pdp do?
all of them wei suppose do something, don enter APC.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Cokeroo:

Really? Let me tell you what it is called; INTEGRITY.. HONOUR.. These are qualities u expect in a good leader. A man of his words. You don't need to swear an oath for these. Making a promise and keeping it show the content of a man's character. I believe we all know that of Jonathan now.

Stop crying like an hyena. The power is in your hands, why are you so scared? There's no need for all this, the power is in ur hands.

2015 is just around the corner cheesy APC power-mongers will be put shame just like it happened in Anambra. smiley

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by duwdu: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.

This is a self-serving, idiotic post. In a few words: You can't say a sane man has the right to change his mind in a whim, and then turn around to say others don't have the right to call him out on it.

Remember, the man denied recently - after being silent when asked over the past several months - that he "did NOT tell anyone I was not going to contest in 2015"?

You can't call a man what he is not. Credible this president clearly is not. Clinton became not Credible, alright, but he was smart enough to have been able to humble himself successfully through the resulting congressional hearings.

Plus, Clinton had turned around the US economy from an inherited deep recession; he also maintained that gain, which he handed over to Dubya Bush, and which economic prosperity Dubya then went on to squander!

Jonathan should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Clinton. No even with Dubya, to be quite honest.

P34c3
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
c0llynz02: Mehn see the kind of support Jonathan got on this thread, this was a great miscalculation from Mukinotu and other anti-GEJ / APC bandits.
The more they attack him, the more support he gets from the people, these scoundrels just don't get it!

Dont mind those APC buffoons. What they've clearly shows how low these desperate fucktards will go, and their actions clearly does their party a great disservice. Progressive morons.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
berem: No,we are not afraid of elections. We are only afraid of PDP rigging the elections as at what happened in Anambra.

I guess pathetic “born-again” losers are always afraid of anybody rigging election. Elections are not rigged when the scoundrels win elections.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Forget about tribe and zone. If PDP brings out a credible Northerner like Tambuwal, then they have chances but if they still bring out unpopular Northerner to foister on Nigerians, he'll receive the highest resistance.
see double talk. Is the North nigeria? So its only north that matters? Abeg leave pdp, go choose your core northerners for apc and make tambu go join una then make we meet for polls. Gej 2015

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ShineIt: 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
Is buhari homosexual? Please discuss here:https://www.nairaland.com/1562946/buhari-homosexual
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
Bizibi: Nigerians will always be fools unless they wake up,APC and PDP are birds of the same feather,the way APC is going....they are gradually turning to PDP and d bees they accepted will go back to their hive. if una like support buhari and tinubu or obj and ibb,Nigerians should know that these men don't give a damn abt us, until we begin to realize this then we will continue to look like zombies

Sincerely, you made salient points.
What I clamored from the opposition is to demand and help Nigerians demand for dividend of democracy both from the presidency, legislature, state executive and LGAs. To be fair with the opposition, they started well but soon turned to what it is today. That's how folks like me withdrew my support.

I still believe we should support GEJ in his quest for transformation, at least for his first term, nay, the opposition and Northern elites determined since 2010 that they will never accept GEJ or any other person not from Muslim North.
This has got nothing to do with GEJs performance.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
berem: Do I need to tell you that he has indirectly declared his intention? Do I need to prove it to you? angry

I state unequivocally that only deranged mammals will attempt to decipher intentions of another mammal when such intentions are not made known to the public.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

If you've ever been scammed before, you'll understand the reason not to put further trust in someone that has already changed statement once or twice. He'll keep changing statements and you'll keep falling because of sentiments.
eya buhari don fail by your op man. That is why we dont trust buhari
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by otosa(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
“Without security, there is no government[color=#990000][/color]

No comment! one more Golden cycle.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

If you give me Jonathan and Buhari, I will definitely vote Buhari. If you give me Buhari and Tambuwal, then it will be difficult but I'll vote Tambuwal for youthfulness. That's the truth with any neutral mind that wants the progress of Nigeria.
why then are you sweating over someone that has not spoken? Dont worry tamb will be joining apc soon.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by aduboy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2013
Why do some people like to always use tribal and religious sentiments to cover their failures and insincerity. Most supporters of GEJ here just keep mentioning abusive and divisive words to distract the topic. The clear thing I saw from this topic is that Jonathan is not a sincere man and plays a lot to the gallery because am sure no one forced him to make these statements.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

Do I need to tell you Buhari has indirectly declared his intention. Do I need to prove it to you?
please do prove it. I am eager to know when he did.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by dounleedee: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.

The issue is not about reneging on your statement, it's being honest enough to admit you made it and now have a change of mind. If leaders cannot be held to their words what then is the relevance of campaigns?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
berem: please do prove it. I am eager to know when he did.

I have my proof waiting, but since you asked first, prove to me GEJ has declared his intention and Ii will show you Buhari's.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
DerideGull:

I state unequivocally that only deranged mammals will attempt to decipher intentions of another mammal when such intentions are not made known to the public.
must you have to use the phrase deranged mammal? Abeg shift!! angry
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

I have my proof waiting, but since you asked first, prove to me GEJ has declared his intention and Ii will show you Buhari's.
smh. undecided
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
aduboy: Why do some people like to always use tribal and religious sentiments to cover their failures and insincerity. Most supporters of GEJ here just keep mentioning abusive and divisive words to distract the topic. The clear thing I saw from this topic is that Jonathan is not a sincere man and plays a lot to the gallery because am sure no one forced him to make these statements.

You came late, we have thrashed your poo already. Abagworo and berem are still trying to recuperate from their injuries.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
berem: smh. undecided

Does that mean you don't have proof?
If you don't let me know, I'll prove Buhari's intention nonetheless.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Psylas(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
Coolboi05: sir nobody is saying there is problem with him changing his mind but denying knowledfe of saying it!!He can admit he said it and later changed his mind nobody can stop him but the likes of Abati and Gulak won't let him
Buhari said same thing
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Berem, I'm still waiting......

If you have proof show me GEJ has declared his intention and I will show you Buhari has declared.

If you don't have proof simply agree you don't have proof and I will still go ahead to show you my proof that Buhari has declared to run in 2015(I know you know this however) after vowing not to EVER PRESENT himself for election again.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Sekpeagah: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=na_joke]LAIR...... says who
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Sekpeagah: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
if he like he should go ahead n contest bt all we know is dat 2015 is for APC.GBAM

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Enjoy Your Buhari – Reno Omokri Blasts Sowore For Supporting Buhari In 2015 / Peter Obi Celebrates Charly Boy On His 73rd Birthday (Photo) / Photos: VP Osinbajo Pays Condolence Visit To Afenifere Leader, Reuben Fasoranti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.