Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39205 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Kairoseki77: 3:34am On Dec 20, 2013
rudedough: [size=20pt]APC E-DIOTS THIS IS 2011 NEWS. STOP FIGHTING GEJ AND BE PATIENT UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION. HABA!!! THE DESPERATION IS OBVIOUS.[/size]

Look at that comment!

Who is desperate again? grin

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Look at that comment!

Who is desperate again? grin

Check the source, it's dated 2011. What's the essence of the post? That's a sign of desperation. APC should be patient until the next poll, why play politics with everything even to the detriment of the Nigeria populace?

16 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Tonylyte(m): 3:51am On Dec 20, 2013
barcanista: What has Otuoke got to do with this? Do you hate him for his "incompetence" or his tribe?

becos of his tribe. Been a minority is the only evil jonathan did to dis people. They hav bin fyting hm here and there becos they feel he aint worth that seat, just becos they hav sworn neva to be ruled by a minority. Do u tink a minority would hav ruled dis cntry until the end of tym, if nt 4 Gods intervention? Thank God 4 the conference ahead. Minus dat, the kind of hatred dis folks are exibiting dis days...a minority wil neva rule again...

10 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Akpaife(m): 5:39am On Dec 20, 2013
GEJ till 2019
Haters jump inside river n die

7 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 20, 2013
Dang! OP almost got me there mehn!!! I tot this statement was recently made make I for start d protest here - it's good to read body of msg oo

That Said, all these apc ediots digging up stuffs should continue, we shall meet at the polls come 2015 by God's grace.

Nigerian constitution remains supereme even to anyone's decision

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by vanguard1(m): 6:11am On Dec 20, 2013
berem: That was meant to be a joke. We shouldn't take him serious. He was high on Otueke ogogoro when he made that statement - Reuben Abati. angry
Sister berem, try to apply caution to your comments.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by cooltone: 6:14am On Dec 20, 2013
This is the newspaper page of one of greatest liar that ever lived.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by thechosenone: 6:37am On Dec 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure Fashola said the same thing. That's politics for you, you taste power and never want to leave.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by 99100(m): 6:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Slizbeat: Lemme give you guys a little something to feast on...

OBJ said so in 1999 when Abdulsalami met him....he said "No" but later agreed to just 1 term. What happened next He wanted a 3rd time, not even say a 2nd was OK for him.

Fashola said so in 2007.....his words were(Not distinct) "Coming for a second term is done by politicians who failed their first time and it means repeating of Class. Am not going to repeat my own Class". What happened next??.....He is currently on a second term. Why did you come back?? Answer- "The people wanted me back". So because your teachers wanted you back in Jss1, you had to repeat?? Idonthinkso.

End point- As long as Jonathan is constitutionally Qualified to rerun for 2015, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that whether he did well or not.....leave that to the Polls...Shikena.
What about Buhari who in his infamous crocodile tears before 2011 general election promised not to run again if he fails again but made a u-turn some years later.
As for GEJ d populace want him to continue and so it shall be.
#GEJ TILL 2019#

15 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 20, 2013
vanguard1:
Sister berem, try to apply caution to your comments.
there are threads that contained stale stories of buhari just to discredit him. I wonder why you're so bothered about this one. grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by lagcity(m): 6:58am On Dec 20, 2013
Even though the man lied, there's nothing in the constitution that stops Jonathan from going for a second term.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 20, 2013
OP just got the whole of you. He posted a story of 2011 and you people are ranting here.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Chigold101(m): 7:37am On Dec 20, 2013
Even if GEJ said this 2011, if he was elected by Nigerians, those that elected him can tell him to stair there another four years. All these distractors of GEJ should go and sleep.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Oluomo6: 8:51am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:52am On Dec 20, 2013
What makes people believe that he does not have plans of being a life President? As a man, I cannot deal with "Nde ire abuo" twice. Once they lie and I find out, then its over. If Jonathan goes ahead to contest in 2015 then he is not a man of integrity and honour. I'm sure he knows that he cannot even win PDP primaries and that's why he's scared of the polls.

I'm not an APC member but I always say the truth as it is devoid of ethnicity and religion.

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by WizPrince1(m): 8:53am On Dec 20, 2013
Are you this is true? Because the date this news got posted is Feb. 2011
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
Are you this is true? Because the date this news got posted is Feb. 2011

Its a 2011 old news but still of relevance to matters arising today ahead of 2015 elections.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

I say shame on the poster of this old news. Was GEJ on oath when the alleged statement accredited to him was made? It is silly to equate “I have no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015 to “I shall not contest election in 2015”.
Gull, you're a big disgrace.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Its a 2011 old news but still of relevance to matters arising today ahead of 2015 elections.
Very true. People should learn to keep to promise.
Meanwhile,the thread has hit front page. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by alphaconde(m): 9:00am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.

U know a sensible person once he talks. I hardly commend people I don't know much off, but I couldn't help than say thumbs up.

My adVice, contesting elections is way different from winning elections. Its his right to contest, its our right to let him win or not. Something tells me some people will have no choice to vote him if he contests, mayb because they can't make a better choice.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Igwe9(m): 9:00am On Dec 20, 2013
It seems some moderators on here would commit suicide at the aftermath of 2015 presidential election when GEJ is returned elected if he decided to contest.

Why dig out an old news when we have lots of trending news that need urgent inputs and concern. However, some people are born opposition.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2013
jmaine: . . . . Old and futile stunts . . . .Meet GEJ at the polls and prove your might. Shikena
Gbam!!!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by walad4yhu(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2013
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:02am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.
You know the meaning of morality?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 9:03am On Dec 20, 2013
Before you crucify him, can you evaluate your diatribes on Rochas Okorocha in 2012 and your sudden change now irrespective of Gov. Rochas desire for second term.

Don't you think you're being hypocritical with this comment and going all hard on GEJ for personal and political interest?

Abagworo: What makes people believe that he does not have plans of being a life President? As a man, I cannot deal with "Nde ire abuo" twice. Once they lie and I find out, then its over. If Jonathan goes ahead to contest in 2015 then he is not a man of integrity and honour. I'm sure he knows that he cannot even win PDP primaries and that's why he's scared of the polls.

I'm not an APC member but I always say the truth as it is devoid of ethnicity and religion.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ambrosini593(m): 9:03am On Dec 20, 2013
Why is APC so desperate. Why are they looking for means to discredit Gej. Some people in this country are scared if Gej performs. What kind of inexperience and power hungry opposition is APC

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by nerodenero: 9:03am On Dec 20, 2013
arkreality: Why are this APC and yoruba people afraid of this man? Why? I taught they say they have the majority? Then let them wait till the election day and prove their worth.
Your opinion is based on the numerous comments you have read on nairaland.Dont be deceived as those comments doesn't totally reflect the position of the ethnic group.The hatred being displayed by some dudes here is second to none and I urge you don't take them seriously.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 20, 2013
We don't need you to contest, let a better person do dat
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by oluseye5(m): 9:05am On Dec 20, 2013
With all this media propangada its obvious the apc are in haste to hav GEJ back out from the 2013 contest and it shows dere fight is not in the interest of the citizen of this country. Makes me doubt the genuineness of the OBJ write-up.....nt a fan of GEJ either all of dem na failure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight / Strengths And Weaknesses Of Bola Ahmed TInubu / Remi Tinubu's Ordination As RCCG Pastor, APC Plot To Capture Christians For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.