Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39202 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by nerodenero: 9:05am On Dec 20, 2013
My take on this matter is simple and direct -All politicians irrespective of tribe,religion and background are liars.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by zicjoe(m): 9:06am On Dec 20, 2013
I vividly remember when he stated this. POLITICIANS should be synonymous to LIARS
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Briz(m): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2013
FINALLY!!!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: Before you crucify him, can you evaluate your diatribes on Rochas Okorocha in 2012 and your sudden change now irrespective of Gov. Rochas desire for second term.

Don't you think you're being hypocritical with this comment and going all hard on GEJ for personal and political interest?

I don't know what you take me for but be rest assured I'm not interested in that. If Rochas promised to stay one term and I find an evidence like this one and he goes ahead to contest, then he certainly is not a man of honor and integrity.

I say the truth the way it is and nothing more. You people want me to lie against Rochas in some issues which conscience cannot let me do. He has done well in Imo State and that's the whoie truth. I don't even know him. I just feel improvement each time I travel to Imo State and that's my reason for arguing on his side when peolpe lie against him. This is also applicable to Chibuike Amaechi. You cannot deny glaring success.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2013
What is this stale thrash doing on the front page whereas none of the threads on the hottest issue at the moment, the Iyabo Obj letter, has made the front page in the last 48hrs? This is just disgusting.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by oyeludef(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2013
no wonder himself n mama peace want to destroy pdp b4 dey leave
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by opcking: 9:12am On Dec 20, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

I say shame on the poster of this old news. Was GEJ on oath when the alleged statement accredited to him was made? It is silly to equate “I have no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015 to “I shall not contest election in 2015”.

more shame on you,are you talking to pple dat did nt go to sch,mayb dats hw u task ur parent for extra money while going to sch..do you think every1 is like dem..you r trying to twist words to suit ur myopic,and evil view...assuming you really know how to comprehend well you shuld av read the part he talked abt nigerians in diasporal and also emphasize again that his nt contesting but ll put some things in place...mr professor f illiterate
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Dannylux: 9:13am On Dec 20, 2013
The opinion of tribal Nairalanders towards GEJ wouldn't change a thing about him. What's the population of Nairaland? I'm not scared by these pathetic lies from APC and the cries of some bigoted Nairalanders who would lie in the face of the truth just because he's not one of them. Even if the whole of Nairaland votes against him, it would change nothing!

2015 shall tell!

10 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by chi4ik(m): 9:13am On Dec 20, 2013
Bring d video $ I will believe but not a cloned video because I don't trust our Journalist. Beside Fashola made such statement but Is he not ruling 4 his 2nd tenure? GEJ till 2019 jare.. Isha Allah........

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Deiok(m): 9:14am On Dec 20, 2013
Yeah he better not.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 20, 2013
APC e-morons and Mukina2, cos I know you moved this nonsense to FP, meet Jonathan at polls.

Stop showing your high level of utter stupidity and naivety, APC wait for Jonathan at the polls, then you will know.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.

The promises (not oath) those people you mentioned made and broke affected their ranking and their honor and that is why you can quote the statements as documented facts.
If a man cannot be trusted unless he is on oath in a court of law, I woudn't want him to be the president of my country - not again.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by donphilopus: 9:18am On Dec 20, 2013
15K post-per-month agent, are already here to defend their pay-master.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by donphilopus: 9:19am On Dec 20, 2013
Promhize: APC e-morons and Mukina2, cos I know you moved this nonsense to FP, meet Jonathan at polls.

Stop showing your high level of utter stupidity and naivety, APC wait for Jonathan at the polls, then you will know.
If you can tell me, why this thing was moved to the FP then, I won't argue with you!

https://www.nairaland.com/784439/aregbesola-slapped-fashola-it-true
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by AnanseK(m): 9:19am On Dec 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What is this stale thrash doing on the front page whereas none of the threads on the hottest issue at the moment, the Iyabo Obj letter, has made the front page in the last 48hrs? This is just disgusting.

poor boy, you are in tears cry. They are dismantling your gang. You are on your way back to otueke.
Any way you are only a thug and you may find another master. Don't cry - yet.

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by duni04(m): 9:20am On Dec 20, 2013
AnanseK:

The promises (not oath) those people you mentioned made and broke affected their ranking and their honor and that is why you can quote the statements as documented facts.
If a man cannot be trusted unless he is on oath in a court of law, I woudn't want him to be the president of my country - not again.
Den mayb u shud follow d next chinese shuttle to space cos I don't know any country on earth where d politicians are 100% honest
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Itoroetti(m): 9:21am On Dec 20, 2013
tchigofigo: well, he said it.,at d time he meant it..,bt he is entitled 2 change.,only God does nt change..y is dis stil an issue sef? anybdy dt wants to contest shld prepare n meet im at d polls.,scared shits!!!

Don't mind those apc imbeciles.
Even their buhari that cried crocodile tears in 2011 and promised never to contest again is still nursing an ambition to contest.
He openly swore not to appeal if he loses,yet he went to court immediately after losing.

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2013
donphilopus: 15K post-per-month agent, are already here to defend their pay-master.
The thread is causing commotion in the PDP camp. Am waiting for Sin.9gerian to open a whining thread to complain about this. grin grin
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2013
If Goodluck Jonathan doesn't return to the seat of power in 2015, I swear I will go on self imposed exile in the United State of A.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by 500GP: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2013
Yomieluv: Constitutionally he has right to contest,but why are African leaders always power drunk,that in glaring opposition,and inefficiency still clinch to power at all cost. Madiba remains the greatest man ever was in present Africa because despite all temptation,he left the stage when ovation was loudest. Am not against his contesting,but a real man should be taken for his words.

WHICH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT DOES GOATLUCK HAS?
HE HAS USED HIS FIRST TENURE AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA....
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2013
donphilopus: If you can tell me, why this thing was moved to the FP then, I won't argue with you!

https://www.nairaland.com/784439/aregbesola-slapped-fashola-it-true

2011, U must be sick. Just wait till 2015, you'd be shown that elections are not won by media propaganda alone.

Millions of igbos are travelling through the spotless, flawless ore-benin express this december cheesy . Just wait, I ain't got time for arguments.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by merbenko: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2013
It was laughting matter about some myopic poltical thinkers the Need power by all mean. Did you mean GEJ will tell press that yes i will contest 2015 which he have not even finish his first tenure in office. Common guys let us reason as politicain not a market mallam.

4 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2013
Jonathan must contest 2015, If you don't want him then get ready to meet us at the polls. Plain and Simple.

5.00GP:

Which section of the constitution stops him from going for a second term?

3 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by akinemma1: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by akinemma1: 9:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 20, 2013
ambrosini593: Why is APC so desperate. Why are they looking for means to discredit Gej. Some people in this country are scared if Gej performs. What kind of inexperience and power hungry opposition is APC
Hehe. With that, GEJ comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:30am On Dec 20, 2013
5.00GP:

I think it has been settled in the law court that he has the rights to contest. The issue here is integrity.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2013
berem: The thread is causing commotion in the PDP camp. Am waiting for Sin.9gerian to open a whining thread to complain about this. grin grin
BEREM, answer any of these three questions for me please: Are you married to a yoruba man? Have you converted to Islam? Are you on an APC payroll?

It beat my imagination why you will abandon the NIGERIA PROJECT for sensational Islamic organisation in the mould of a political party talking about the APC( Arewa progressive Congress).

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by donphilopus: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2013
berem: The thread is causing commotion in the PDP camp. Am waiting for Sin.9gerian to open a whining thread to complain about this. grin grin
If he opens a thread to complain, he'd suffer a long ban this time.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by donphilopus: 9:33am On Dec 20, 2013
Promhize:

2011, U must be sick. Just wait till 2015, you'd be shown that elections are not won by media propaganda alone.

Millions of igbos are travelling through the spotless, flawless ore-benin express this december cheesy . Just wait, I ain't got time for arguments.
Have you answered my question??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Enjoy Your Buhari – Reno Omokri Blasts Sowore For Supporting Buhari In 2015 / Two IPOB Kingpins Arrested In Oyigbo - Governor Wike / Abike Dabiri Celebrates 8 Nigerians Who Won Elections In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.