Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39196 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2013
Deiok: Yeah he better not.
says who? The constitution or your bais opinion?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ecochuks247: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2013
sluggers:

Even Jesus Christ cursed you
my friend u are a big FOOL,wat has Jesus has to do with naija polities,foolish Boko haram.it is Mohammed that is cursed your father in the grave.Pig............

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2013
AnanseK:

The promises (not oath) those people you mentioned made and broke affected their ranking and their honor and that is why you can quote the statements as documented facts.
If a man cannot be trusted unless he is on oath in a court of law, I woudn't want him to be the president of my country - not again.
add buhari, fashola etc to your list of people that change. APC change! Sai mai changy yo de gobe.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TippyTop(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2013
Obasanjo said the same thing but wanted to even contest for a third term. Fashola said the same thing and still ruling Lagos now. Why should GEJ not contest?

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.

Really? Let me tell you what it is called; INTEGRITY.. HONOUR.. These are qualities u expect in a good leader. A man of his words. You don't need to swear an oath for these. Making a promise and keeping it show the content of a man's character. I believe we all know that of Jonathan now.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by yetunsbay(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2013
na_joke: LAIR......LAIR!!!
LIAR........LIAR!!! Rather
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Sike(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2013
Even if he try it, he can never win.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by duni04(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2013
pesty100: so anything that jonathan says as long as he is not inside the court is lie.... Including his manifesto
Lol. D point is that sometimes people make promises they cannot keep and sometimes not cos its any fault of theirs. Sometimes it cud b cos the promise isn't workable or is unrealistic. Wen obama was promising everyone he wud close down guantanamo bay while campaigning in 2008, he didn't realize that one of the reasons bush was unable to close it down was cos d most of the countries from which d prisoners came refused to take them bak. Wasn't obama's fault, was nobody's fault. Though I agree that its honorable for people to b able to trust wot u say, in real terms the practice is almost impossible in Nigeria and probably everywhere else
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ShineIt: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2013
APC getting desperate. Making a one year old news Front page. Why should it be headache for apc goons who gets PDP presidential slot?

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2013
Tippy Top: Obasanjo said the same thing but wanted to even contest for a third term. Fashola said the same thing and still ruling Lagos now. Why should GEJ not contest?

I hope you know that most of the people against GEJ now were the same people that stopped OBJ's 3rd term and also fought for Jonathan's emergence as President. They are the civil rights activists and lovers of united Nigeria. They have no particular political affiliation but are bent on keeping the peace and unity of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind those apc imbeciles.
Even their buhari that cried crocodile tears in 2011 and promised never to contest again is still nursing an ambition to contest.
He openly swore not to appeal if he loses,yet he went to court immediately after losing.
tell them tell them. Only gej is a liar when obj, buhari etc have changed and not kept their words. Gej 2015
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2013
5.00GP:

WHICH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT DOES GOATLUCK HAS?
HE HAS USED HIS FIRST TENURE AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA....
liar! gej till 2019
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2013
5.00GP:

WHICH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT DOES GOATLUCK HAS?
HE HAS USED HIS FIRST TENURE AFTER THE DEMISE OF YARADUA....
remove him at the polls. gej till 2019
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by akonucheinfo(m): 11:56am On Dec 20, 2013
sluggers: Jonathan cannot be trusted. He needs to admit he said this before he gains the trust of Nigerians again. There is nothing wrong contesting for second term but you should fulfill your promises and let the country knows if you change your mind. Simple as ABC........

Ok he changed his mind, ɑ̤̥̈̊я̩̥̊є̲̣̥ you satisfy now??
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ShineIt: 11:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I hope you know that most of the people against GEJ now were the same people that stopped OBJ's 3rd term and also fought for Jonathan's emergence as President. They are the civil rights activists and lovers of united Nigeria. They have no particular political affiliation but are bent on keeping the peace and unity of Nigeria.

Fat lie, the people against GEJ are mostly northerners who thinks its their birthright to rule Nigeria. Feel free to name the civil rights groups and I'd name 50 prominent northerners against GEJ. Try a better spin my friend, this is not civil right because its GEJ's right to contest so the civil rights group are with him on this.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by yetunsbay(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2013
na_joke: LAIR......LAIR!!!
liar
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:59am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I think it has been settled in the law court that he has the rights to contest. The issue here is integrity.
thank you for consoling him. But buhari fashola to also have the issue of integrity, dont you think?

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by creazor(m): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
alpha conde:
My adVice, contesting elections is way different from winning elections. Its his right to contest, its our right to let him win or not. Something tells me some people will have no choice to vote him if he contests, mayb because they can't make a better choice.

What a sensible post! Kudos bro.

U guys shld stop worrying abt GEJ contesting. If u rily want a change, effect it thru d polls.
But I suspect that even after d criticisms, all dis pple dnt hv any better person to vote for than GEJ. You just dnt wanna admit it.

GEJ all the waaayyy!

5 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
[size=20pt]I CAN'T BELIEVE A FAKE NEWS FROM 2011 MADE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE WHILE SANUSI APOLOGY OVER ALLEDGED $49.8 BILLION DID NOT.

NL IS ANTI-GEJ SIMPLE.[/size]

Alleged missing $49.8bn oil money: Sanusi says ‘I’m sorry’
https://www.nairaland.com/1561797/over-alleged-missing-49.8bn-oil

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by ShineIt: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
rudedough: [size=20pt]I CAN'T BELIEVE A FAKE NEWS FROM 2011 MADE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE WHILE SANUSI APOLOGY OVER ALLEDGED $49.9 BILLION DID NOT.

NL IS ANTI-GEJ SIMPLE.[/size]

Alleged missing $49.8bn oil money: Sanusi says ‘I’m sorry’
https://www.nairaland.com/1561797/over-alleged-missing-49.8bn-oil

Their bias is becoming more aparent daily. Iyabo obasanjus letter will not make it to the front page but a fake denial would.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

A lie is a lie. Why are you so bitter about the truth?
buhari is a liar, lacks integrity to be a leader.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by cooltone: 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Can't believe he said this and today wants to kill anybody that nurses 2015 ambition for president within his party. May be he was high on ogogoro grin when he made these statements. Their is no element of integrity from this man and from today I can't even believe a good morning greetings from him. Deceive me once am no fool but if you succeed the second time then am a proper fool.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by drnoel: 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: I‘ll not contest 2015 election – Jonathan

on february 01, 2011 at 1:41 am in news
BY DANIEL       IDONOR

ANKARA, TURKEY — President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.
The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.
“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa.
While fielding questions from those present at the interactive session on whether Nigerians abroad will vote, Jonathan said: “I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”
On the issue of security, Jonathan said the government was doing everything possible to arrest the situation. He disclosed that all those involved in the October 1 bombing had been arrested and were being prosecuted. He, however, said he ordered the release of the car dealers because they were just businessmen who could not have known that the vehicles were to be used for such heinous crime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nigeriansfornigeriaorg/ill-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/496922675810?_rdr

I see a lot of contradictory statements in this post. He probably said it so that Tinubu/Buhari an their APC contempories like OBJ can allow him do his work without all those distractions of the last few months. I don´t blame the man, I would have done the same. Besides, who kows what is in a man´s mind. No be only the man sabi wetin dey in mind,..abi!!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
nationwide1: In as much as I don't respect the character of not keeping to one's word, change is the only permanent thing in life. Another conclusion is that GEJ must have said it under coercion. The only reason on earth he should not contest for second term is because he is a second class citizen.
hehe we have started seeing the mentality of APC gradually coming out. Born to rule mentality must be trampled in 2015 by gej by His grace

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

You are deviating. If Buhari declares or starts fighting people who want to run for Presidency under APC, then I will believe he's bent on running at all cost. I'm yet to notice that. Jonathan on the other hand is already fighting and punishing people with perceived Presidential ambitions. Tukur has solidly made a statement that he's there to ensure Jonathan is PDP candidate for 2015 without holding any primaries.

berem: but seriously, has Buhari declared his intentions to run for presidency in 2015? What's the noise all about?

Please stop this rubbish lubbish, both of you. biko.

Has GEJ declared his intention for 2015?
How does that even concern APC agents?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Miki4sure: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
That is Simply the machiavellian Principle, "lie and deceive" to achieve ʊя aim... Why are people making issues out of this, when we knw that all politicians are liars....
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by folahann(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ok, now grounds have been shifted a bit. Before they say he never mentioned anything like he won't contest. But now they admit he said that but he has the right to change his mind.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by cooltone: 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shine It:

Fat lie, the people against GEJ are mostly northerners who thinks its their birthright to rule Nigeria. Feel free to name the civil rights groups and I'd name 50 prominent northerners against GEJ. Try a better spin my friend, this is not civil right because its GEJ's right to contest so the civil rights group are with him on this.
Every well meaning Nigerian except militants, thugs and political jobbers are against the insincere, incompetent and vision less man called GEJ. It's not about religion, tribe or otherwise but the man is just a big failure in the job given to him.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
cooltone:
Every well meaning Nigerian except militants, thugs and political jobbers are against the insincere, incompetent and vision less man called GEJ. It's not about religion, tribe or otherwise but the man is just a big failure in the job given to him.

Every well meaning Nigeria knows Tinubu and Buhari are hypocrites except APC e-touts typing from Alausa.

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
donphilopus: Have you answered my question??

To say something abt a 2011 eleven thread, something must be wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

The above crap represents one of the characteristics of most Nigerians that attempt to compare incomparable things. The so-called OBJ’s 3rd term bid was against his constitutional mandate. Why would a sane person oppose GEJ’s bid for 2nd term which is constitutionally mandated?

It is very shameful to see the same airheads who had accused the northerners of exhibiting “born to rule” attitude are the same fools opposing GEJ’s constitutionally mandated 2nd term in the office because the a cross section of moronic Nigerian society thought otherwise.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

Please stop this rubbish lubbish, both of you. biko.

Has GEJ declared his intention for 2015?
How does that even concern APC agents?
Do I need to tell you that he has indirectly declared his intention? Do I need to prove it to you? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / Mohammed Babangida And Yakolo Indimi In Battle After Divorce / Dolapo And Yemi Osinbajo's White Wedding In 1990 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.