Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan (39201 Views)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by sarutobie(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

And one APC MOD threatened Sincere9gerian for doing the same thing. Now an anti-GEJ thread is quickly moved to front page.
While the thread about Sanusi's goof and apology to NOI is still in the back line.
lol,this kind of double standard stopped bothering me long ago.like someone said,nairaland doesn't matter in the scheme of things,if it were so ngige for win anambra election hands down.nigeria has a population of over 160million,nairaland has an inflated 1 million members(double and triple moniker things)..so you see? Over 90% of the nigerian populace are immune to nairaland propagandists.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
Coolboi05: sir nobody is saying there is problem with him changing his mind but denying knowledfe of saying it!!He can admit he said it and later changed his mind nobody can stop him but the likes of Abati and Gulak won't let him
please could you post where he literarily said "he has no knowledge of what he said" thank you
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Give it a rest!

It's obvious that he lied about not running for second term.

Politicians lie all the time. If you want to know if a politician is lying, just look to see if their mouth is moving.
as bush senior on no tax increase, obama on guantanemo bay closure.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by mike404(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2013
@ABAGWORO DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE THREAD YOU RESURRECTED sad DID PROPHET BUHARI NOT SAY HE WON'T CONTEST ELECTTION AGAIN
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2013
There's nothing wrong if Jonathan contests again. He has every right to contest even though he goofed by making a promise not to contest as a sitting president. The problem is, is he promising a free and fair election? Are we going to have a repeat of the sham election in Anambra at national level?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:09am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't think I've seen APC kick against Jonathan contesting. In fact most critics demand for free and fair election . It is more of a PDP affair but Jonathan however told the Nigerian populace that he would not contest in 2015 but will give us a credible election. I think most of the PDP Governors left because Tukur refused to guarantee a free and fair Presidential primaries in PDP. I'm sure if Tukur was removed and a free and fair primaries guaranteed, the Governors would have stayed back.

Here's some of your posts:

What makes people believe that he does not have plans of being a life President? As a man, I cannot deal with "Nde ire abuo" twice. Once they lie and I find out, then its over. If Jonathan goes ahead to contest in 2015 then he is not a man of integrity and honour. I'm sure he knows that he cannot even win PDP primaries and that's why he's scared of the polls.

Its a 2011 old news but still of relevance to matters arising today ahead of 2015 elections.

If you give me Jonathan and Buhari, I will definitely vote Buhari. If you give me Buhari and Tambuwal, then it will be difficult but I'll vote Tambuwal for youthfulness. That's the truth with any neutral mind that wants the progress of Nigeria.

"I don't think I've seen APC kick against Jonathan contesting."
- Did you really say this?
What's the purpose of this thread and APC e-goons support here?

You do not think Buhari has lost his "integrity" when he said he will never present himself for election again but think otherwise for GEJ.

It will be better if you take a bow and leave this thread. You can keep viewing as guest.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04: I'm not a GEJ adherent but this idea of digging up old newspaper clippings to discredit somebody is just lame. The guy was answering questions from reporters, and not testifying before a court or the senate. You can't equate someone changing his mind about his political ambitions to treachery or dishonesty, its just lame. While campaigning for president, George W. Bush Snr famously promised not to increase taxes and did immediately he got in. Obama promised to close the guantanemo bay while campaigning in 2008, its still open today. As long as Jonathan's statement was not made before a court of law or the senate, like in the case of Bill Clinton who lied to a US grand jury about his affair with Monica lewinsky, nobody can accuse Jonathan of anything. He's a human being, he has the right to change his mind as he deems fit.
so anything that jonathan says as long as he is not inside the court is lie.... Including his manifesto
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:14am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

Here's some of your posts:

You do not think Buhari has lost his "integrity" when he said he will never present himself for election again but think otherwise for GEJ.

It will be better if you take a bow and leave this thread. You can keep viewing as guest.

I don't think so. I'm not an APC member in case you don't know. I only wrote the truth that Buhari is better than Jonathan one on one. I definitely prefer a younger man that has the leadership qualities than Buhari. Is Buhari contesting 2015?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2013
rudedough:

Check the source, it's dated 2011. What's the essence of the post? That's a sign of desperation. APC should be patient until the next poll, why play politics with everything even to the detriment of the Nigeria populace?
the essence of the post is to show jona. Is going back on his word
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2013
berem: There's nothing wrong if Jonathan contests again. He has every right to contest even though he goofed by making a promise not to contest as a sitting president. The problem is, is he promising a free and fair election? Are we going to have a repeat of the sham election in Anambra at national level?

Be careful what you wish for.....

[size=13pt] I will never contest elections again - Buhari
[/size]
Published on Wednesday, 13 April 2011 16:48

Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd) has said that he will not seek any elective office again after Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Althoguh he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.

SOURCE
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2013
berem: Very true. People should learn to keep to promise.
Meanwhile,the thread has hit front page. cheesy
hope buhari has kept his promise as well. Hehe
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Its a 2011 old news but still of relevance to matters arising today ahead of 2015 elections.
how about buhari?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2013
arkreality: Why are this APC and yoruba people afraid of this man? Why? I taught they say they have the majority? Then let them wait till the election day and prove their worth.
why are you so dumb can't you see this guy is a fu_cking lier and shouldn't be trusted
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:20am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I don't think so. I'm not an APC member in case you don't know. 1. I only wrote the truth that Buhari is better than Jonathan one on one. I definitely prefer a younger man that has the leadership qualities than Buhari. 2. Is Buhari contesting 2015?

1. On what grounds? Your double standards?
2. a. I thought your likes and Berem will never cease to tell us he is the best candidate even after 3 back-to-back defeats! grin
b. Has GEJ declared he is running in 2015?
3. But you clearly said you would vote Buhari if he runs and also have not openly declared Buhari has lost his integrity and honour since he said he will never present himself for election and later turned back to say, "if the people want me", I'll be available!

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by tivereegega(m): 11:21am On Dec 20, 2013
DEM DON DEY TALK AGAIN OOOOOOOOO[size=8pt][/size][i][/i]
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2013
duni04:
Den mayb u shud follow d next chinese shuttle to space cos I don't know any country on earth where d politicians are 100% honest
its not compulsory to be 100 percent honest 1 percent is enough but jona's honesty is 0 percent... How many of his promises has he kept.... Not even the promise of him not. Running second term
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo: I‘ll not contest 2015 election – Jonathan

on february 01, 2011 at 1:41 am in news
BY DANIEL       IDONOR

ANKARA, TURKEY — President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said he has no ambition to stay in office beyond 2015, assuring Nigerians in Diaspora that while he will not contest the 2015 election, he will ensure that this year’s election is free and fair.
The President promised that if voted in for the next four years, he would ensure significant improvement in key sectors of the economy — security, power, education, road, health amongst others.
“Without security, there is no government. So it is not debatable, it is something we have to addressed and we are working towards that with vigour. But if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next four years.”
Jonathan said this while interacting with Nigerians mainly diplomats working in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa.
While fielding questions from those present at the interactive session on whether Nigerians abroad will vote, Jonathan said: “I would have loved that the Nigerians in Diaspora vote this year but to be frank with you, that is going to be difficult now. Presently, the law does not allow the voting outside Nigeria and so this year Nigerians in Diaspora will not vote but I will work towards it by 2015 even though I will not be running for election.”
On the issue of security, Jonathan said the government was doing everything possible to arrest the situation. He disclosed that all those involved in the October 1 bombing had been arrested and were being prosecuted. He, however, said he ordered the release of the car dealers because they were just businessmen who could not have known that the vehicles were to be used for such heinous crime.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nigeriansfornigeriaorg/ill-not-contest-2015-election-jonathan/496922675810?_rdr
He hasn't said he will contest, so power Hungary and the old past politicians should leave him to focus on government.
Looks like APC will be same old same old, basically PDP-recycled. Recycling the old past is not what we need in Nigeria. We need real change. Striking thing is non of them got any clear programme and agenda for government.
Student of history will agree with me that the type of tension going on in Nigeria never ends without war. I pray we don't get to that stage but nothing to suggest otherwise.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:23am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

... I'm not an APC member in case you don't know. .....

Are you really backtracking?
Hmmm, seems you are getting weary of bitterness after all.

I was like you too, I got tired of hypocrisy. I backtracked!
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:23am On Dec 20, 2013
Controversy:
Yorubas are disgusting i swear! Little wonder you hardly see any crime, child molestation, ATM scam etc related news about them on front page.
They stink hypocrisy
and you and your tribe members are saints abi foo.l
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by 10over101: 11:24am On Dec 20, 2013
Slizbeat: Lemme give you guys a little something to feast on...

OBJ said so in 1999 when Abdulsalami met him....he said "No" but later agreed to just 1 term. What happened next He wanted a 3rd time, not even say a 2nd was OK for him.

Fashola said so in 2007.....his words were(Not distinct) "Coming for a second term is done by politicians who failed their first time and it means repeating of Class. Am not going to repeat my own Class". What happened next??.....He is currently on a second term. Why did you come back?? Answer- "The people wanted me back". So because your teachers wanted you back in Jss1, you had to repeat?? Idonthinkso.

End point- As long as Jonathan is constitutionally Qualified to rerun for 2015, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that whether he did well or not.....leave that to the Polls...Shikena.
should the stupidity countinue? dat four or five people refused to stand by their words does not mean it's a good tin...neva say wat u dont mean n mean watever u say..
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

1. On what grounds? Your double standards?
2. a. I thought your likes and Berem will never seize to tell us he is the best candidate even after 3 back-to-back defeats!
b. Has GEJ declared he is running in 2015?
3. But you clearly said you would vote Buhari if he runs and also have not openly declared Buhari has lost his integrity and honour since he said he will never present himself for election and later turned back to say, "if the people want me", I'll be available!

You are deviating. If Buhari declares or starts fighting people who want to run for Presidency under APC, then I will believe he's bent on running at all cost. I'm yet to notice that. Jonathan on the other hand is already fighting and punishing people with perceived Presidential ambitions. Tukur has solidly made a statement that he's there to ensure Jonathan is PDP candidate for 2015 without holding any primaries.

1 Like

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2013
If jona's term has been a blessing to Nigeria and most Nigerian them we will be happy hearing he changed his mind and decided a second term but if its vice versal den fu_ck the fu_cking lier
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2013
TechWalker007:

Be careful what you wish for.....

but seriously, has Buhari declared his intentions to run for presidency in 2015? What's the noise all about?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by patriotic007: 11:29am On Dec 20, 2013
Why are the opposition afraid of elections?...let the people decide,...first it was Boko haram,...then factionalisation,then defection,then open letters,Now digging up from the past?,....If the opposion is popular as they think let them meet GEJ at the polls

2 Likes

Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2013
meekhat: please MODs, am yet to see the Iyabor-Obasanjo letterGate in front page. What's happening Or do you people select news headlines you forward to front page? Am beginning to believe the the fact that nairaland MODs are working for some set of people.
yeah NL was written for the sake of you and your family members
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You know the meaning of morality?
hmm buhari understands morality more to change his mind more than once. Hehe
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by victorazy(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2013
If that the case then GEJ is the last president of united Nigeria.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2013
nerodenero: Your opinion is based on the numerous comments you have read on nairaland.Dont be deceived as those comments doesn't totally reflect the position of the ethnic group.The hatred being display by some dudes here is second to none and I urge you don't take them seriously.Thanks.
i agree with you on this NOT all yoruba.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by nationwide1(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I guess Obasanjo is from the North. Why are you people always about tribe and religion? Let us always be truthful and then we'll be free. If a Northerner had made same statements, he still cannot deny it.
Is Buhari from the south? He said he would not contest again after 2011 but has changed his mind. Who is holding him accountable for that?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by unphilaz(m): 11:35am On Dec 20, 2013
Shyna112: We don't need you to contest, let a better person do dat
and who might that be buhari?
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 20, 2013
patriotic007: Why are the opposition afraid of elections?
No,we are not afraid of elections. We are only afraid of PDP rigging the elections as at what happened in Anambra.
Re: I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan by pesty100(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2013
patriotic007: Why are the opposition afraid of elections?...let the people decide,...first it was Boko haram,...then factionalisation,then defection,then open letters,Now digging up from the past?,....If the opposion is popular as they think let them meet GEJ at the polls
see you are one du_mb lad polictics is not only at the polls.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two IPOB Kingpins Arrested In Oyigbo - Governor Wike / Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Again (See Full Statement) / Governor Okowa's Aide, Osheokwu Onochie Resigns, Turns Obidient & Supports Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.