Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter (90990 Views)

Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo / President Jonathan's Reply To Dr Tunji Braithwaite' Abusive comment &(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by dancruz(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: The response was flat with no substance. He failed with this response. he did not address the allegations made by Obasanjo. He mentioned the allegations but failed to defend himself with facts.

What do u call a substance? Did d allegations come with facts/proofs?..........can't u keep sentiments aside and analyze both letters logically?

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by agabaI23(m): 11:31am On Dec 23, 2013
When a powerful blow is dealt on APC friendly goon they will start questioning the author.

When Iyabo's letter came, they said it cannot be Iyabo, it was GEJ that wrote in Iyabo's name. GEJ should reply re re re!
Now GEJ has replied, their preoccupation again is how it is not GEJ. None of them thought about how OBJ could have written an 18 page letter when his foot soldiers are all around him.

I can confidently conclude that APC's new way of acknowledging a valid response is to deny the authorship as stated in the letter.

Meanwhile Soyinka has added his own bombshell. May be it is not from Soyinka, someone is impersonating him grin grin grin grin
Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka yesterday faulted the visit of All Progressives Congress, APC, leaders to former President Olusegun Obasanjo last Saturday warning that Nigeria was heading for a shipwreck with such political romance.

In his statement, titled: “Shipwreck Ahead”, Professor Soyinka cautioned that Nigeria would need rescue operations if the APC intends to court Obasanjo to serve as a navigator for the ship of the state.

According to Soyinka’s short statement, “an APC-led group, we understand, has been paying courtesy visits to former Heads of States. Would it be correct to state that their purpose is captured in the following Mission Statement? ‘Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,’ he said.”

Soyinka, then added: “If this attribution is correct, may I urge you, as an urgent public service, to advise families to begin the stockpiling of life-belts for the guaranteed crash. Don’t forget to alert the coastguards—ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), AU (African Union), UNO (United Nations Organization) etc, to be on the alert for possible salvage operations. “If General Sani Abacha were alive today, would he also have been on the ship’s complement? As Captain perhaps?”Soyinka asked.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Rexyl(m): 11:33am On Dec 23, 2013
manny4life:

I should encourage you to read it, this is chapter 1

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

I suggest you read the Bible again, because like I told you, his name has power and dominion over evil....JESUS CHRIST, the son of God IS and WAS NEVER the head of principalities and powers... Get it together.

a little diversion of attention from the subject under discussion. Ok it is not bad. We are learning and discovering new things daily.

the phrase in the Bible “head of power and principality“ Colossal 2:10 means the creator has power over everything created including forces of evil operating in high places. The time he will fully exercise the authority over forces of evil in the world is yet to come. God will command this at the fullness of time according to His timetable. It is when this happens that there will be an end to all works of evil. Presently Satan is the one controlling evils.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by SirCee: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2013
Mr President, this your write up is ok, but if I were you, you need not reply.
As number 1 citizen of this great nation, what should concern you is the future of this country and not to refer to what happened centuries ago. A leader looks at today to determine the future. I think the essence of the letter from Mr Obasanjo is to make amends and take this great country to the promise land. Please note as a leader,you owe it as a duty to solve Nigeria problems irrespective of how old the problem is. Before you became the president of this country, you are already aware of these problems and you assured Nigerians that the problems will be solved. You never told Nigerians that the problems will remain unsolved...remember, that is why Nigerians voted in mass for you. talking about how old is remains irrelevent as far as I am concerned. My advise is for you to take stock and see how you can change things. Nigerians are expecting much from you as the adage says to whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by obamartins(m): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2013
Slave mentality! Does speaking and Writing English show civilization? Do Germans and Japanese speak English? Are they not more advance in terms of technology and human capital development than ur Colonial masters in England? Please, Grow up and have an identity for urself and ur country instead of hiding under the notion dat because u speak the English language fluently, u are better than others or civilized.

Kairoseki77: This exchange of letters between 2 CORRUPT thugs is not only nauseating but very embarrassing. It is very convenient for these two anuofias to write to one another when neither of the dimwits can communicate properly in English.

Dr Jonathan and General Obamumu cannot teach English at nursery level, they cannot coherently express themselves in interviews or during Presidential Chats but suddenly they are grammarians when exchanging letters undecided undecided

They hire hungry morons to write a meaningless tirade of "cow feces" and impressionable Nigerians will take such maga maga letters at face value and salivate on the rubbish in it. Nigerians are the easiest tools to rule over- very sheepish and easily controllable. They can endure all sorts of maltreatment and are generally worshipful.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they have- simples!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by urboy1: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2013
otunlexy: ..all wat GEJ wrote as reply to OBJ's accusations ar pointless and baseless.GEJ is answering d not too relevant ones,leaving the most important ones e.g,why did he release al-mustapha..why pay him all his salary and reinstate his badge has an army general,---J[b]ust so I state, Almustapha was not promoted, I know there is a fine structure in the Army and that is not possible..If He was, please send me a link..[/b]

why fight corruption himself by creating useless commitee's wen we hav well certified anti corruption organization in our country,
I cant remember seeing this in OBJ letter..Maybe I am wrong..But It is a good point to raise...Why the useless committee..?

why turn deaf hears to the high corruption been played by nnpc..
Dont Think he did, but dont you think OBJ owe us an apology or at least the president, cos I became a top critic of GEJ after that accusation.
.wateva happens in PDP is definately d least problem nigeria has rite now.GEJ should get his head staright and fulfil why nigerians voted for him dere.he is d president of more dan 150million nigeria's and as such he should govern wit transparency and proper decorum.--Agree with this paragraph..
I REST MA CASE

I just hope this letter exchanges (which are clear eye openers) would remain as letters and not escalate to sad and unwanted situations...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Rexyl(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Read your 20 and 21 and understand it.

Even 22 says He is the head over all things to the church. That is where the authority of the church/Christians over all things - be it principalities and powers - is derived from.

You are seeing headship as wining and dining.

It is the word for "Authority".

Like I said, a man is the head of the house means, both physically and spiritually, the authority over the house.

If 20 says the Father has set Him on His right hand in heavenly places and 21 goes further to say, far above principalities and powers ---- what does that mean manny.

On what authority are you standing on for you to exhibit Ephesians 6:12

the phrase in the Bible “head of power
and principality“ Colossal 2:10 means the
creator has power over everything
created including forces of evil operating
in high places. The time he will fully
exercise the authority over forces of evil
in the world is yet to come. God will
command this at the fullness of time
according to His timetable. It is when
this happens that there will be an end to
all works of evil. Presently Satan is the one
controlling evils.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by babyboy3(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2013
All what I see here is that

The Yorubas are supporting one crook
The Igbos are supporting the other crook

Like they say "People get the leader they deserve"
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by agabaI23(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Sesan2:
Even though basic education is the constitutional responsibility of States, my administration has, as part of its efforts to address ignorance and poor education which have been identified as two of the factors responsible for making some of our youth easily available for use as cannon fodder by insurgents and terrorists, committed huge funds to the provision of modern basic education schools for the Almajiri in several Northern States. The Federal Government under my leadership has also set up nine additional universities in the Northern States and three in the Southern States in keeping with my belief that proper education is the surest way of emancipating and empowering our people.

Basic education is not the sole responsibility of the states. The Federal Government should still control the main framework and dictate the curriculum. How many Almajiris have benefited from the huge funds expended by government? If huge funds have been committed, surely you should be able to give figures and show how things are better now than they used to be. You seem to be hiding behind words and rhetoric. Is it difficult to mention how many northern states have benefited from the Almajiri education 'programme', if indeed these things are being done properly and conscientiously and the success is being properly monitored?
Investment in human development does not yield dividend over night or does it? The result of the huge funds is seen on the schools that have been built and equipped. Do your research and you will get the numbers. FFS it is all there for you to see. Don't be lazy!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by profvic3: 11:57am On Dec 23, 2013
AskProf:

Who ferries Al-Mustapha around in presidential jet?
ask google
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by urboy1: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
By the way..Have anyone seen this interview.?? SMH at some people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNEad0hYYxY
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Prymestrr(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
IamDebola: Someone please summarise this post... Haba!
I hate long posts like this one..
[size=26pt]then do Nigerians and humanity @ large a huge favor and f*ck off the thread!... Lazy fool! [/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by papparatzzi2013: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
Rexyl:

the phrase in the Bible “head of power
and principality“ Colossal 2:10 means the
creator has power over everything
created including forces of evil operating
in high places. The time he will fully
exercise the authority over forces of evil
in the world is yet to come. God will
command this at the fullness of time
according to His timetable. It is when
this happens that there will be an end to
all works of evil. Presently Satan is the one
controlling evils.

Thanks bro.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by djfaithy: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
K,k:
Long text but I had to read it because it's from GEJ... He made some point but I think he should have ignored Obj. That man is a manipulating s.o.b. watch as he turns this against GEJ
. ur post is one I find very sensible so far, so they thought after this obj won't visit gej again, or did they think gej is a saint, only if gej realize obj has nothing to lose unlike him, he would keep his letter and play his underground game like before, with this and iyabo's letter, Gej just called for a real war, let's wait and see if na militant get brain pass abi military.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by An0nimus: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Punchlines all over GEJ's letter. He'll make a good battle emcee cool.

I didn't quite agree with the part he said his administration is seriously fighting corruption. tbh, I'm not seeing much progress in that aspect. That being said, the letter was well crafted.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Longeria(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
yibomustgo: Jonathan did not address Obsanjo's allegations. What he has done is to just repeat the allegations and denied doing them. He tried to give Obsanjo some body shots while doing it. I don't see this a good response to what Obasanjo asked in his letter.

Jonathan failed to address the corruption allegations i.e Stellah Oduah and co....

Jonathan failed to address his talk about only Ibos voted for him and Ibos being his backbone....

Jonathan failed to address the allegation of Al-Mustapha release....

Jonathan failed to address the insecurity questions in the country....

Jonathan failed to answer the question of supporting opposition parties with the promise that they support him for re-election...

Jonathan failed to address the problem he caused in Rivers State as sitting Governor, Amaechi is being humiliated by police and GEJ loyalists...

Jonathan has failed to address the allegation of weapons being shipped to Enugu and not the rest of the country.......

There are more questions to be answered.
That your wicked village uncle who inflicted this madness to you will never good things.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by drnoel: 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
johnjames2009:

with little apology. GEJ. is not an IGBO or IBO. I think he is from Otuoke in Bayelsa state.
why do u waste ur time in correcting an abvious silly post

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by rossete2020(f): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
OBJ u don hear am. If yes, advice u desist from all political tinz in naija cos av nt seen where one dt cannot lead by example will av d gut to question anoda. OBJ take heed...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
I thought xmas is a time for the exchange of gifts and not letters or presidential speeches
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Lildreezy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
mustaphagreens: [b]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is undeniably a humble and educated man. Disheartened by obj's letter of 'allegations' i had expected him to fire back with harsh words but instead he went all civil by carefully and intelligently replying to and/or dismissing each of the allegations, how shocking! Honestly, i've never been fans with Gej but with this show of bravery, i think i may reconsider my position on that. It's quite unfortunate i've always thought of you as daft and erroneously called you Jonathan over the d years but that must've been a huge misconception on my part as i mistook your gentility and quiet nature for daftness, pardon me.
PS For all those nattering nabobs of negativism and and blind bats out there, who've sworn with their lives to forever pen their ill-thought desertations against the sitting president, i hope the big scales in your eyes will eventually fall off after reading this letter and for the resilient and adamant ones you can choose to remain unheralded internet trolls or keep your mouth busy with my ectoplasmic Schwanzstücker. The choice is yours. Adieu.

GOOD ONE GEJ, OBJ MUST'VE UNDERESTIMATED YOU IN THE PAST BUT I'M VERY SURE THIS INTELLIGENT REPLY WILL SCARE URINE OUT OF HIS WRINKLED SH.IT HOLE grin[/b]
o boi u harsh o...lmao!!

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by rash47(m): 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
The allegation of snippery, nnpc missing funds and ethnic bigotry of the president were not well responded to,the presidency could do better.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by omanzo02: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

I am assuring you, you will not see the last second of 2013, talkless of 1st of Jan.

Na here we dey. We go see.

Are u going to kill him with an e-gun or e-sango? Hahaha.

Dude be civil and debate maturely.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Quadrescent: 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF 2015 PRESIDENTIAL RACE MISSION.
SEASON OF LETTERS AND COMICS. MORE TO COME , NIGERIANS ARE WAITING.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT, THEY ARE JUST FOOLING US.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by omanzo02: 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
Digitron: The only difference between OBJ and GEJ is that OBJ is a bad man with intelligent aides while GEJ is a good man with daft aides.

GEJ need an immediate over haul of his political thinkers.

Someone like Femi Fani Kayode u mean?
grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by yetunsbay(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
urboy1: By the way..Have anyone seen this interview.?? SMH at some people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNEad0hYYxY
i tell una dis is sentiment.y una no upload SSA president own too
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by Akiika: 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
But, with all these foreign investor Abati (Jona no fit write this letter) claim, how come all of una still dey jobless?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by onlineresource: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Well, I have read the two letter but now my question is this.
What if this is all a plot played to chair in GEJ for the 2015 election.
I know am not good at politics but I know one thing for sure... Deception is a must played role in politics.
This could be an avenue just to make gej to look like the saint and let nigerian accept him for the 2015 election should he come put.

Am still expecting some more letter will still come out again...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by bon5: 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
GEJ I love you and will continue to adore you. you are a wonderful man . Nigerians can say you are not the best for Nigeria, but you are the best that has happened to Nigeria. I pray that God will continue to give you the grace to carry on and open the eyes of Nigerians to see the truth and base theirs tales on facts. They should believe that God has sent us a messiah and we should believe in him, the way south Africa believed in Mandela even without seeing anything at the beginning. Please arise my dear Nigerians and say no to the people who has have buried this country in the grave and all will be well. APC, if this was a party made up of fresh and new blood, I would have had no problem with that, but as far it is the same old people who has been in the history of Nigeria sinked ship, they should all go in. don't they have conscience, have you not stolen enough for your generations to come, please allow the masses of Nigeria to drink pure water at least. God help your souls, I think God has to prepare a special hell fire for you, because you are more demons than Lucifer himself.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by willibounce: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
ronalmagic10:

That's where you got it all wrong. No man is intelligent enough to steer the affairs of a country like Nigeria. It's not a one man job that's why he has capable ministers and special advisers. We don't need Isaac Newton, Einstein or any rocket scientist to move this country forward.

While I agree with you that Jonathan is not a good orator, you must know that it's doesn't in anyway affect his capacity to deliver. Remember Aldof Hitler was a very good public speaker

We are not talking oratory skills. Thts why it is said tht nigerians celebrate mediocrity. I know all politicians are thieves and we celebrate them whether APC, PDP or HIV.

Jona's intelligence is not what any reasonable and honest human being who's had d opportunity to listen to him on many occasions need argue about. Put sentiments aside. We all know he didn't write any letter. If u happen to be an employer and Jona comes to ur office for an interview as a neutral job seeker, I am 100% sure u won't employ him after d interview. That man is not intelligent. It is too glaring and can't be covered up. He might have other skills which I am yet to know. But d job of a president is too much for him to handle.

U are not obliged to accept my views neither am I to accept urs. The truth is bitter.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by willibounce: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
ronalmagic10:

That's where you got it all wrong. No man is intelligent enough to steer the affairs of a country like Nigeria. It's not a one man job that's why he has capable ministers and special advisers. We don't need Isaac Newton, Einstein or any rocket scientist to move this country forward.

While I agree with you that Jonathan is not a good orator, you must know that it's doesn't in anyway affect his capacity to deliver. Remember Aldof Hitler was a very good public speaker

We are not talking oratory skills. Thts why it is said tht nigerians celebrate mediocrity. I know all politicians are thieves and we celebrate them whether APC, PDP or HIV.

Jona's intelligence is not what any reasonable and honest human being who's had d opportunity to listen to him on many occasions need argue about. Put sentiments aside. We all know he didn't write any letter. If u happen to be an employer and Jona comes to ur office for an interview as a neutral job seeker, I am 100% sure u won't employ him after d interview. That man is not intelligent. It is too glaring and can't be covered up. He might have other skills which I am yet to know. But d job of a president is too much for him to handle.

U are not obliged to accept my views neither am I to accept urs. The truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by adedejiadekunle: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
I HAVE GONE THROUGH OBJ LETTER TO GEJ AND NEVER FIND A PLACE WHERE BABA SAID THAT HE SUPPORTED SHAGARI AGAINST AWOLOWO AND ZIK IN 1979. GEJ SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES RAISED BY BABA OBJ IN HIS LETTER TO HIM INSTEAD OF BEATING BY THE BUSH. WOT HAPPENED TO $49.5M DOLLARS RAISED BY SANUSI, 255M ODUAHGATE NKO AND N500B SURE-P FUND TO MENTION A VIEW. ALL THESE ISSUES SHOULD BE ADDRESSED ONCE AND FOR ALL. NIGERIANS ARE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU, MR PRESIDENT
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 1nation4ume: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
'Perhaps the most invidious accusation in your letter is the allegation that I have placed over one thousand Nigerians on a political watch list, and that I am training snipers and other militia to assassinate people. Baba, I don’t know where you got that from but you do me grave injustice in not only lending credence to such baseless rumours, but also publicizing it. You mentioned God seventeen times in your letter. Can you as a Christian hold the Bible and say that you truly believe this allegation?

that's my favorite part. As in 'swear say u believe wetin u urself dey talk'. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. / The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.