Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Getting Married To Your Age mate - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married To Your Age mate (70344 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by saasala(m): 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
OP, dont do it. My reason: YOU ARE CONFUSED.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by b03liberty(m): 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
Marry her nt for age bt for love and submsion
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by 50calibre(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

As I get older. . . THE GAP WIDENS. . . .
Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO!
It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

I need a man. . . not a boy! kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

THE BIGGER THE SHOE SIZE. . . THE SMALLER THE BRAIN! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

Highly unlikely!! Going through your post, I honestly doubt you are as intellectually developed or cognitive as you think you are.

Did you read your post? It's a freaking eye sore, the muddling up of small & capital letters, the excessive & unnecessary use of ellipsis... I suggest you work on your writing skills first, before trying to pass yourself off as an intellectual. Learn how to express yourself properly & in a fashion that depicts your "supposed" maturity. you can't claim to be knowledgeable yet write like a buffoon.

You are either in a state of delusion, or live around idio*ts, after all in a country of blind men, one eyed man is king.

6 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by bassdow: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
but I want to ask a question here, what would You do if Ur genotype is AS and U proposed to a lady only to find out few months later that she is also AS and she was one of those ladies who really gave U a tough time before agreeing to even date U?
Ur opinions needed pls

So Op, don't also make d mistake of not finding out her genotype earlier before
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by tomzman: 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op, I think the ultimate decision lies with you. Better don't mind all those shouting 'if you love her' You have to realise that these days, love is not enough. Like someone said earlier, love is just the starting point. Well, I would advise you to have a one on one chat with people who have gone through that path and let them share their experiences with you. Also, don't be in a hurry to get married, take your time to study her well. The ball is in your court. Good luck.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by thefarr: 12:08am On Dec 30, 2013
grin
lomaxx: There's no issue settling down with your age-mate, other factors being constant.

Once you begin to go romantic on a lady, even if she's 10 years your junior, she don dey see you like age-mate. angry

If you love her, wife her. cool

you too make sense jare! even if she's your daughters age once u lay naked together she go dey see u as her mate!

jus make sure u have mutual respect, shikena! grin
lomaxx: There's no issue settling down with your age-mate, other factors being constant.

Once you begin to go romantic on a lady, even if she's 10 years your junior, she don dey see you like age-mate. angry

If you love her, wife her. cool

you too make sense jare! even if she's your daughters age once u lay naked together she go dey see u as her mate!

jus make sure u have mutual respect, shikena!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by InvertedHammer: 12:46am On Dec 30, 2013
/
DON'T DO IT!!!

Love just dey shack you now...but 2 years after marriage your eyes go open.

Nobody goes into marriage hoping for the worst, but I can guarantee you that you are

just fulfilling your childhood fantasy.

When it wears off and you are stuck with this mamasita, na then your wahala go start.

You think you know her because you just spent few days with her? Good luck.

There are reasons why she is still single in the mid-30s.

Don't carry your legs enter wahala o! At her age, most ladies pretend to be nice because they
have limited options. But as soon as she ropes you in, you are screwed.

Take a cue from Princess the comedian. Don't be the hero who tries to wipe out an old cargo's shame.

Forewarned is fore-armed. Stop thinking with the little head

\
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by kayfam(m): 12:51am On Dec 30, 2013
Hello bro, getting marry to your age mate s not a bad idea. The only thing you have to check is her character, attitude, approach to people and respect for others (put your own secondary). If she passed in that aspect. You are good to go. Don't mind people that you should go for younger girls. A lot of young girls lack respects, manners and unruly. More of the divorce that happen is due to lack of respect in the home. If you are 30yrs and you ask a girl of 18yrs out, from that day dnt expect bro... again. You name niii direct. I simple advice is sit down and look inward can these marriage work between us. If you can ask yourself sincerely. U wil kno. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by kayfam(m): 12:55am On Dec 30, 2013
Hello bro, getting marry to your age mate s not a bad idea. The only thing you have to check is her character, attitude, approach to people and respect for others (put yourself secondary). If she passed in that aspect. You are good to go. Don't mind people telling you that should go for younger girls. A lot of young girls lack respects, manners and unruly. More of the divorce that happen is due to lack of respect in the home. If you are 30yrs and you ask a girl of 18yrs out, from that day dnt expect bro... again. You name niii direct. I simple advice is sit down and look inward can these marriage work between us. If you can ask yourself sincerely. U wil kno.
Test Rules U can follow.
1. Love test
2. God test
3. Parent test
4. Purpose test
5. Character test ( ds contain a lot)
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 30, 2013
This is the comment of an immature person. Op please ignore this.
InvertedHammer: /
DON'T DO IT!!!

Love just dey shack you now...but 2 years after marriage your eyes go open.

Nobody goes into marriage hoping for the worst, but I can guarantee you that you are

just fulfilling your childhood fantasy.

When it wears off and you are stuck with this mamasita, na then your wahala go start.

You think you know her because you just spent few days with her? Good luck.

There are reasons why she is still single in the mid-30s.

Don't carry your legs enter wahala o! At her age, most ladies pretend to be nice because they
have limited options. But as soon as she ropes you in, you are screwed.

Take a cue from Princess the comedian. Don't be the hero who tries to wipe out an old cargo's shame.

Forewarned is fore-armed. Stop thinking with the little head

\
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Man4LordJesus: 1:14am On Dec 30, 2013
Can somebody check out this thread "A REVOLUTION IN POST UTME ADMINISTRATION: GOODBYE TO MISSING SCRIPTS/RESULTS".

A solution which promises that the paper scripts of the Post UTME candidates shall be marked, printed and handed to the candidates ever before they leave the hall:

https://www.nairaland.com/1573082/revolution-post-utme-administration-goodbye#20541190

Please follow the above link and remember the comment of your findings can help someone.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 30, 2013
@op, you do not love this lady, please let her go. Ask yourself, tomorrow if she

A) becomes blind
B) loses both legs
C) loses both arms
D) gets burns over 50% of her body

etc, would you still marry her? This is just a tip of the iceberg, as I know most naija guys are into physical appearances, hence those questions.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 30, 2013
kayfam: Hello bro, getting marry to your age mate s not a bad idea. The only thing you have to check is her character, attitude, approach to people and respect for others (put yourself secondary). If she passed in that aspect. You are good to go. Don't mind people telling you that should go for younger girls. A lot of young girls lack respects, manners and unruly. More of the divorce that happen is due to lack of respect in the home. If you are 30yrs and you ask a girl of 18yrs out, from that day dnt expect bro... again. You name niii direct. I simple advice is sit down and look inward can these marriage work between us. If you can ask yourself sincerely. U wil kno.
Test Rules U can follow.
1. Love test
2. God test
3. Parent test
4. Purpose test
5. Character test ( ds contain a lot)
Good luck.

Testing ke. Then that marriage would be full of testing. @op if you follow this advice, make sure you also do the divorce test.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 30, 2013
bassdow: but I want to ask a question here, what would You do if Ur genotype is AS and U proposed to a lady only to find out few months later that she is also AS and she was one of those ladies who really gave U a tough time before agreeing to even date U?
Ur opinions needed pls

So Op, don't also make d mistake of not finding out her genotype earlier before

If there is true love and both are AS, they would get married and adopt.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 30, 2013
akraym: [size=58pt]NIGGA PLEASE[/size]

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by InvertedHammer: 1:47am On Dec 30, 2013
koyes: This is the comment of an immature person. Op please ignore this.

/

I am a realist.

OP: The ladies in the house are cheering you on. Go ahead and do it. You think marriage is a joke.

A trial will convince you. Of all the millions of succulent babes in Nigeria, na dead wood you wan go carry.

On reading some of the ladies' posts here, i. reminds me of a popular Igbo adage, "nwoke nwanyi na afuru oja na eji azu ukwu amaba be ndi mmuo"(a man who dances to the melodious tunes of women's flute always ends up with the dead). That is to say, thread carefully on women's flattery.

Cave ne sedes. Caveat emptor!

\
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 30, 2013
We've seen healthy ladies in their 20's who have no reason to be barren but they are. Can scientists explain such irony?
We've also seen cases of women in their 40's give birth which gives evidence that man's knowledge is limited. God gives children to whom and when He pleases and not man that cannot create it. God is Great!
claremont: @OP: Scientific research (widely published online) has proven beyond reasonable doubt that there is a dramatic decline in female fertility after she has attained the age of 27 and onwards. A woman is at her most fertile period between the age of 19 and 26; her chances of conceiving drops to 50% when she reaches 27 years of age, and drops even further for every year she adds on. In addition, the chances of infertility increases for a female from the age of 27.

The bottom line is that males should strive to marry younger females (i.e. females below 27 years of age) in order to maximize their chances of having children. Avoid old cargoes!

P.S: Data is derived from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-112136/The-female-fertility-clock-starts-ticking-27.html
http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-the-effect-of-age-on-fertility_6155.bc

No bi me talk am oh, make nobody insult me abeg! grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Wislet(f): 1:51am On Dec 30, 2013
InvertedHammer:

/

I am a realist.

OP: The ladies in the house are cheering you on. Go ahead and do it. You think marriage is a joke.

A trial will convince you. Of all the millions of succulent babes in Nigeria, na dead wood you wan go carry.

On reading some of the ladies' posts here, i. reminds me of a popular Igbo adage, "nwoke nwanyi na afuru oja na eji azu ukwu amaba be ndi mmuo"(a man who dances to the melodious tunes of women's flute always ends up with the dead). That is to say, thread carefully on women's flattery.

\
the reasoning of some 'human beings' can be appalling.

Somebody calls a fellow man like himself 'dead wood' just because she is in her 30s...or what?

Seriously? U need help.

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by InvertedHammer: 1:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Wislet: the reasoning of some 'human beings' can be appalling.

Somebody calls a fellow man like himself 'dead wood' just because she is in her 30s...or what?

Seriously? U need help.

/
I dare the OP!

After 30, ladies are good for second wives only.

Case closed

\

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 30, 2013
To be truthful, it's not really age that deeetermines maturity, it is our experiiences in life that makes us mature. That said, I have seen men who have fr younger wives call them useless man. Is that respect? Study how she treats relatives, if she treats them well, that is a good sign. Marry heer if shee has a good character and respeect. Age is the day we came to this wworld, nothing more.(
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 30, 2013
Very predictable. I expected a more immature and ill mannered response.
InvertedHammer:

/

I am a realist.

\
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by wallex1983(m): 2:31am On Dec 30, 2013
Destiny27:

I guess she is aware because we were classmates then in primary school.

I'm 30. She's 29. But she will be 30 in February. And I 31 again in August. Just six months difference. Aug 19 and Feb 19. We have a daughter already. We were in 100level together. I finished before her cos she did Medicine. We never met for once in school. I studied Engineering. Perhaps we met unnoticed in 100level. Today, despite †ђξ fact that I tell her its not necessary, she goes on 2kneels 2greet me in †ђξ morning. That anyway makes me find ways of showing her I adore her. I really do. And she knows it.

This iڪ my own story

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by GHANAOGA: 2:49am On Dec 30, 2013
wallex1983:

I'm 30. She's 29. But she will be 30 in February. And I 31 again in August. Just six months difference. Aug 19 and Feb 19. We have a daughter already. We were in 100level together. I finished before her cos she did Medicine. We never met for once in school. I studied Engineering. Perhaps we met unnoticed in 100level. Today, despite †ђξ fact that I tell her its not necessary, she goes on 2kneels 2greet me in †ђξ morning. That anyway makes me find ways of showing her I adore her. I really do. And she knows it.

This iڪ my own story

Your wife still goes on her knees in this day and age.What for?Come on bro,tell her to stop.
You dont want your children growing up seeing mummy on her knees every morning.Are u God?

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by AhWetin(m): 3:30am On Dec 30, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking
. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

Were you referring to your mechanic boyfriends undecided

uche16:
you are so fucking daft, i have never come across a more stupid,beguiled and myopic person like you. if you fucking need your grand dad to be your husband then by all means do so,i'm sure you havent found him yet. keep your stupid opinions to yourself and am really sure you live a sedantry lifestlye thats why you want get married to an old man so as not to worry yourself with keeping active and looking better, jesus,you sound so fucking dumb, were you teleported from the 16th century

you took it right out of my mouth, the babe don take some expired panadol

An average ID.iOT.ic babe thinks she's 10 years emotionally wiser than a guy. It's not your fault, it's older that guys that relate with teenagers that gives you guys liver
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 30, 2013
kmcutez: @op, you do not love this lady, please let her go. Ask yourself, tomorrow if she

A) becomes blind
B) loses both legs
C) loses both arms
D) gets burns over 50% of her body

etc, would you still marry her? This is just a tip of the iceberg, as I know most naija guys are into physical appearances, hence those questions.

Exactly what i said. The greatest type of love trancends feelings - again, im talkin' about staying together forever even if she has no womb to bear kids and refusing as a man to take in second wife. It's called Unconditional Love...real and true.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by swalkag: 5:00am On Dec 30, 2013
I married my age mate ,I'm just a day older than her and its the best relationship IV had so far,I'm talking from experience if u love her truly age won't be an issue,good luck

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 30, 2013
**Yawns** we hav bin tru diss ova and ova. Age does not guarantee respect. And no, it does not mean that she will age faster. Maturedness of a woman is wat guarantees respect. And no, maturedness is not a function of age. Take a look at Lady Bianca. Every sane man wud wish to wife her. But, im sure she's above 45. A lady's lifestyle is pertinent in dis area. Trust me, a 19 year old with a bad lifestyle will luk older in no time.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by factface: 5:36am On Dec 30, 2013
My brother you are even lucky she's your age mate. What if you marry a younger girl that won't have the same understanding with you.please bro go ahead,dont waste more time if ur ready.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Topeedo: 5:43am On Dec 30, 2013
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

hehehehehehe...two things...u either dont have a boy friend or he is a dickhead...eh yah...sorry
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Google63(m): 5:50am On Dec 30, 2013
Eidos_ky: No NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! U NEED TO SEE MY MOM.... SHE IS 7YRS YOUNGER BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE MY DADS GRANNY........
then it is very obvious your Dad didnt 'use' her well

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by AreaFada2: 5:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Age shouldn't matter BUT it does in the African setting.

Where else do you call someone bwoda, sista, antie, uncle because they're a year or so older than you?

I have dated babes a couple of years older than me in the West and it was no biggie.

@OP,
You're already worried that she might not quite send your heart racing after dropping a few kids. So I doubt if you are "for better for worse" kinda person. Maybe not yet.

A woman 10 years younger can suffer a disabling accident 3 years into the marriage (God forbid). What would you do in that case?
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by dagr8oy: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2013

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

i disagree with u, my reason.....my elder bro's wife is d same age with him bt bliv me,,,my bro handles dat marriage v maturedly, he keeps impressing me every day with d way he handles situations.

I hv also dated a lady 10yrs older dan me, trust me,,,i was d man all d way. she respects me more dan her dad & her boss, its true.

Op, ur only fear shuld be her looks after givin birth.
good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Pretty Annateshia Omotolani And Her Long Hair In New Photoshoot / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria 2018 By ManucheTv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.