Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Getting Married To Your Age mate - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married To Your Age mate (70329 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by duni04(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
gee4gloria: My dear,age is just a number. Maturity is d word. If ur agemate is mature and she loves and respects u, why not. As 4 her looking older dan u later,I don't think so cos wen u give a woman quality love,she looks younger.
LMAO! is this a joke? grin
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by ronnietilo: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Not everyone ages that way with child birth...

The most important thing is finding True Love and balancing it with a tolerable attitude.These will guaranty peace of mind to an extent

All other things like looks, age, height, $$$ etc are all secondary.

Therefore, wouldn't you rather have peace of mind than have a sweet 16 that spikes your Blood pressure.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Emulti(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
it all depends on how u treat her. woman is like a car, if u maintain her well She will remain everyday young for u, nd if nt, u I'll get d opposite.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by smalo4all(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
even my wife is a year older of my age and if you see her...u will think she's still a teenager and she has two kids already...so go ahead if u realy love her
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Chidiphilip(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
*Not every lady that is of same age with her husband looks older than her husband after childbirth.

*Not every lady that is of same age with her husband; disrespect her husband.

*Basically speaking; Every mom would love their son to marry a lady that he is older than and not the other way round.

Here is my verdict; marry for love and not age....If u guys are of same age; it is good but it would be even better if u are older than her. WELL; THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by COCCI(m): 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
venorite: My sis is currently married to someone she is older than with some days and they love and respect each other.am currently falling for someone that is few months older than me and I intend marrying her all things being equal. Matters most in relationship is understanding,love and care.you are going to live with her in ur house and not with people.
venorite u HV said it all...I would rather marry a lady Dts older than I am am and HV peace of mind, love and a true friend than marry a lady that is younger and HV heart aches....age and looks are a thing of d mind...all that matters is "peace of mind"
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
There is nothing wrong in getting married to your age mate, i intend marrying a woman older than me or the same age.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by francescainnoce(f): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Things are NO CASE until we make a CASE out of it, you don't marry a WIFE for the PEOPLE but for urself, pardon me saying. U MADE A mistake asking people and trying to know their view because it's DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENCE FOLKS. Now if you decide to marry her, tongues will begin to wag.
Marriage is all about so many things and not about so many things, even if the need arises that a third party must be involved, I'm sure atleast one person will be fine(a religious person maybe).
I know a lot of people who get married to their age mate or even older and younger as the case may be. AGE IS ONLY BUT A SET OF DIGITS...pls follow ur heart..
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Cubeet2: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
op, you are too young to get married. At your age,you shouldnt be talking about marriage. Why not wait till u get to 45 or 50year before you talk of marriage. My opinion though

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by yemmy75(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ennyhollar: There is noting bad on it, but wat is there is that u should not let her now ur really age, So she can give more respect to ur siblings.
I don't think dat is necessary... She'll find out somehow
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by akraym(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27: I decided to post this in family section because I know there are a lot of people with mature minds and experiences especially married folks.

I recently came across an old schoolmate in primary school whom I had a crush on then. I was such a good boy then so wasn't into all that. Few months ago, we started communicating. She is in another state working. Since then we have gotten so close.

She came down to the town I stay enroute her village and we spent a few days together. We realised we are in love with each other. When she left, I felt an emptiness and she too has been missing me.

I'm in my early 30's and ready for marriage. I will love to marry her but my only problem is that she is my age mate.

Please, is there any problem in getting married to your age mate?
[size=58pt]NIGGA PLEASE[/size]
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Sowhizy(f): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
dayokanu: You know Lola Omotayo is like 5yrs older than P Square and she don get pikin

Does she look like his mom?

Jux my tot.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by vainfairy: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

As I get older. . . THE GAP WIDENS. . . .
Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO!
It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

I need a man. . . not a boy! kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

THE BIGGER THE SHOE SIZE. . . THE SMALLER THE BRAIN! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

Lolllzzz!!! Olobuuku!!! U don dey madt, abi??
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Ezeanna: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
Contrary to what some men think,marrying a woman ten years younger than you does not guarantee respect. You may only be buying the respect because you are able to provide for her. What if God forbid you lose ur source of income? She may take that respect and throw it into the rubbish can. My brother,if you love this age mate of urs and she loves you back,marry her. Love isn't easy to find these day. Don't be the old man who looks back at his youthful days and regret not marrying the one great love of his life.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Chillis: OP, I can't believe you are 30 undecided
Pls, don't marry this woman. Go for a younger girl. You still have growing up to do.

When you see love, go for it. love is hard to find...

If you go through the stress/insults of finding love, you won't ask these questions...
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by sokunji(m): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27:

My fears
my dear even a younger woman will look like your mum after giving birth to a child if she lets herself go. Its all about taking good care of ones body
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2013
Chinwem: If a thread had to be opened to debate her age and 'marriageability'......(lol, if that's a word)
Then maybe you should just leave her for a real another man
A man who sees what he wants and goes for it

Love conquers all doesn't mean anything again
I think it should be 'age conquers all' or 'money conquers all' in Naija

Gbam! He is confused?
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by andyanders: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
francescainnoce: Things are NO CASE until we make a CASE out of it, you don't marry a WIFE for the PEOPLE but for urself, pardon me saying. U MADE A mistake asking people and trying to know their view because it's DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENCE FOLKS. Now if you decide to marry her, tongues will begin to wag.
Marriage is all about so many things and not about so many things, even if the need arises that a third party must be involved, I'm sure atleast one person will be fine(a religious person maybe).
I know a lot of people who get married to their age mate or even older and younger as the case may be. AGE IS ONLY BUT A SET OF DIGITS...pls follow ur heart..

Leave that 'age is just a set of digits.

Women age faster than men and if you are the thick type and fleshy, you will age so fast that you will be asking if the woman is the mother to your husband.

I knew of a couple where I went to buy a land and the man showed me his wife and said they were age mates when they got married. I earlier thought that she was his mother and I was shocked as the man already married a younger woman while the other woman was just indoors.

Check out your school mates as a young lady, immediately you start making your hairs, it will be very difficult to even date your school mates as they will look like rats to you unless the older students who are already matured before they entered school.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Abjcom(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lola Omotayo is about 5yrs older than P square; and the lady z okay,
DAME Jonathan is a month older than President Goodluck Jonathan; she look like his grandmother.

All wat matter is individual stature , u may marry a slim lady today, and by the time she will got like 2kids, her stature may have change then.
+In relationship Love matter most, God we now perfect the rest.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Anuoluwap(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
@OP your 'fear' is irrelevant.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by tonychristopher: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
I KNOW THAT THERE IS A NORM TO MARRY A YOUNGER LADY BUT ONE HAS TO BE SURE THAT AGE IS A RELATIVE FACTOR...WE HAVE VARIOUS. TYPES OF AGE .AN INDIVIDUAL MIGHT BE FUNNY . WE HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL,CHRONOLOGICAL AND BIOLOGICAL AGE AND I WILL EXPLAIN THESE .

PSYCHOLOGICAL AGE MEANS THE WAY AND AGE ONE REASONS TAKE FOR INSTANCE A WOMAN MIGHT BE 33YRS BUT REASONS LIKE A TEENAGER AND HER so WE CAN SAY THAT HER PSYCHOLOGICAL AGE IS THAT OF A TEENAGER BUT HER REAL AGE WHICH IS BIOLOGICAL AGE IS 33 . THEN ANOTHER VERSION OF AGE IS CHRONOLOGICAL AGE EG YOU WILL SEE A WOMAN OF 25… but she will look 36… due to stress and fat .then her biological age is 25…but her chronological age is 36. this can be found in Kate henshaw and toni braxton..these ladies are in their forties which is their bio age but they look thirties which is their chrono age.

these matters. my wife is my age mate but she is slim pretty and air and look 20 but she is in 30s I flaunt her so look at these more especially character.

she will respect you cos she will know that marriage ain't coming easy then she will value you and in igbo culture a woman is never older than a man. at the end of the day you are still the man of the house and the captain of the home.

if you love her marry her.

GOOD LUCK BRO
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Abjcom(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lola Omotayo is about 5yrs older than P square; and the lady z okay,
DAME Jonathan is a month older than President Goodluck Jonathan; she look like his grandmother.....

All wat matter is individual stature , u may marry a slim lady today, and by the time she will got like 2kids, her stature may have change then.

+In relationship Love matter's most, God we now perfect the rest.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Kemmy210(f): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Age shdnt be a barrier in ur relationship.As u said earlier,try 2know her more.Observe her well if she possess most if not all qualities u want in ur woman.One more thing,do u like her presnt figure?(though she might change after given birth.) Wishing u all d best.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Sike(m): 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
dayokanu: You know Lola Omotayo is like 5yrs older than P Square and she don get pikin

Does she look like his mom?

That's their Omotayo not Our Omotayo !
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by oluvick(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
You two should get married and grow old together. There's nothing wrong marrying your age mate. I dare say that I see nothing wrong in a man marrying a woman older than him. I think it's all about UNDERSTANDING.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Chidonc(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
There was never a tym wen age really matter in a relatn, it beta 2 marry ur age mate if she can love, trust and undastand u, rather dan marry a girl ten yrs younger dan u dat cannt respect u, remember good character is nt in age, it in a person no mata hw old she is, beta marry ur age mate if she would give u rest of mind rather dan marry ur junior wit restlesnes of mind
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by MandyAquarian: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op, I believe you're a bit confused. . I've been there too.. smiley
Really, when you meet your wife you won't need advise from the whole world to take the bold step..
It's either you aren't ready yet or she's not your wife..
There might just be other factors aside "age" flapping you down, if you ask me I'll say: in doubt do not act, it's better to err on the side of caution..
If you meet your wife, allofus@nairaland won't be powerful enough to convince you to let her go..
Prayer helps a lot..
Wish you the best..
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27: I decided to post this in family section because I know there are a lot of people with mature minds and experiences especially married folks.

I recently came across an old schoolmate in primary school whom I had a crush on then. I was such a good boy then so wasn't into all that. Few months ago, we started communicating. She is in another state working. Since then we have gotten so close.

She came down to the town I stay enroute her village and we spent a few days together. We realised we are in love with each other. When she left, I felt an emptiness and she too has been missing me.

I'm in my early 30's and ready for marriage. I will love to marry her but my only problem is that she is my age mate.

Please, is there any problem in getting married to your age mate?

Some people feel its not right because
1) She may not be loyal and submissive
2) By the time she drops two kids, she will look quite older than me

I haven't told her anything about marriage. Would want to clear some grounds first and then take some months to know her more before letting my intentions known fully well.

Please, what do you feel about this? I need mature advice on this. I'm at crossroads now and will appreciate your input.

Thanks

OP:
It all boils down to you. Don't let other people make life-changing decisions for you. Take your time and think deeply through it, find out what you really want in your heart then pray for guidance and go with whichever decision you feel you want with confidence and faith.

The problem with your dilemma is that it can go both ways;
1. I have a relative that got married to his classmate and it has been a very rough & disastrous ride for them(surprisingly, they are still together).

2. I was in a similar situation but I opted against our union for the same reasons you gave. Bottom line, we are both regretting not going through with it. I wish I could rewind time & she hasn't forgiven me.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by anukulapo: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27:

My fears

If how she will look after she drops 2 is your fear,you are not ready.
Have you ever though about how you will look? OR have you gotten a covenant with God that you'll look 16 till you die?
You have been entrapped by erroneous teachings of feeble minds to think that you are spared of physical defects that will be worse than a woman after 2 kids.
Take your eyes off the container and look into the content. Go for your love

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Jj222(f): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
If d lov is there than go ahead. My dear some pple dat went 4 younger pple re not happy like wise d other way round go 4 lov n tia kia of her .she wil always look under 6.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
OP go for it, remember williams shakespear? his wife was older than he was! if every woman is maintained, no quarelling, boxing, fighting, cheating, scandals, nagging, stress and the likes they will always look younger and kinky irrespective of age differences! just go ahead, you are BIG BOY already you should know that. to be honest it is mostly boxed up (wealthy) guys that marry older ladies. so are you financially magnanimous?
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Naruto87(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
byvan: Marry a woman that you love and understand,she is just your age mate not older . A 20yrs old bride can look older than you if she doesn't have good genes.Some 35yrs old married women,look better than 22yrs old single virgins,don't forget that.
ar u sure about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pretty Annateshia Omotolani And Her Long Hair In New Photoshoot / Regretting My Marriage. / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria 2018 By ManucheTv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.