Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Getting Married To Your Age mate - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married To Your Age mate (70282 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by IfyChuky(m): 7:05am On Dec 30, 2013
It would truly be unfair if I try to fake my views to suit any's appraisal, but All my life, I've always believed love to be a pre-requisite to choosing a life time partner. I'dnt also dispute other core factors, or assume them as been trivial.a.

I think Age could mean but nothing when love rules. Love can always grant you that which Age could only grant in parts i.e. Respect. A woman who loves you, would always respect you irrespective of whatever, be it Age or Wealth. You must also note that age diffr. Doesn't grant respect when she really doesn't want to. The much such could do is make her fear ur ferocity as to believing you'd Beat her Up, which am certainly sure is never your thought for wanting to get married.

You just have to be sure that the lady in question ain't been desperate koz Ladies could be Demeaned just koz they Desperately needed a guy to call Husband.

I oblige you never to reveal your thoughts to her in such a Hurry. Take some quality time to know the True Her. Dig deep into her attitudes to see if it best suits you. Try to know her Past; As in the much she'd be willing to tell you. Study her much more than you'd study a 3-unit course in high-school grin grin grin, and If she eventually has those attributes that you would so Desire in a Woman, Then You're so on point!.

N.B: Try as much as possible to assume you both never met. That would help you appraise her without been biased by the thoughts that you Once crushed over her back then.

Age could never be a Barrier, When Loves rules - I re-iterate.

Besides, My Happily married Aunt is her Husbands Age mate. Both now In their early 30's, and With a son, and her being preggy.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Olamidhey: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2013
ilibrarian: Don't make that mistake. My reasons;
- She is more experienced than you are in every area
- She will look like your mother after giving birth.

You probably dont know wat marriage isball about, like seriously, u think its about the looks.

Guy if you love her go for her ojare
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by pqmeup: 7:23am On Dec 30, 2013
Like somebody said age is nothing but a number. The most important thing is love. Brother,go ahead love is the air!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2013
All through my single years I never dated a guy my age...I never dated class mates/school boys, I wasn't attracted to men who fell into the same age bracket I fell into. I always liked the few years gap....the men my age I felt (in my opinion) were not intellectually and cognitively sound for me. In my uni days I never looked at a guy still fighting for his Bsc, such men did not attract me
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by artade: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2013

I know many ladies in their early 20-ies that look like 50 after their first child. If anyone has preference for ladies they are old enough to father, it is simply their preference and not a rule they should quote as fact.

If you marry a 22 year old girl, she may end up looking older than your mother after giving birth if you fail to take very good care of her.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by fyneboi79(m): 7:43am On Dec 30, 2013
You don't demand respect from a woman whether older or younger.....You earn Į̸̸̨ƭ.
So Į̸̸̨ƭ doesent matter if you marry ur age mate or Ɣ☺ΰя junior,if you don't act appropriately,then you won't get d much desired respect.
What's Į̸̸̨ƭ with some guys and respect Have some confidence man!! Only confident guys can date and marry an older lady.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Bigjonny: 7:54am On Dec 30, 2013
Op i hope u are making a gd income dat what is important
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by ireneidiva(f): 7:55am On Dec 30, 2013
destino24:

Happy Christmas

xmas is over!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Vado(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2013
Mandy Aquarian: Op, I believe you're a bit confused. . I've been there too.. smiley
Really, when you meet your wife you won't need advise from the whole world to take the bold step..
It's either you aren't ready yet or she's not your wife..
There might just be other factors aside "age" flapping you down, if you ask me I'll say: in doubt do not act, it's better to err on the side of caution..
If you meet your wife, allofus@nairaland won't be powerful enough to convince you to let her go..
Prayer helps a lot..
Wish you the best..

Realtalk...loads of likes.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by artade: 8:04am On Dec 30, 2013
fyneboi79: You don't demand respect from a woman whether older or younger.....You earn Į̸̸̨ƭ.
So Į̸̸̨ƭ doesent matter if you marry ur age mate or Ɣ☺ΰя junior,if you don't act appropriately,then you won't get d much desired respect.
What's Į̸̸̨ƭ with some guys and respect Have some confidence man!! Only confident guys can date and marry an older lady.

So true @bolded. If anyone feels getting married to a girl in her early 20-ies is the key to respect, wait until you hear from some who have such experience. When their wives start running crying to mummy over any "small" thing, then they would see that age shouldn't have been their primary factor in deciding who would make a good wife.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by maskid(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

As I get older. . . THE GAP WIDENS. . . .
Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO!
It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

I need a man. . . not a boy! kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

THE BIGGER THE SHOE SIZE. . . THE SMALLER THE BRAIN! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

DaMN!!! Dat was narcissistic, vile and petulant!!! .. i think u hav a boarderline personality disorder. Its not ur fault kiddo.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by vanguard2013(m): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=Vallotti]As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO...

U are so unlucky to have many retardee as age mates. I know of so many young boys who will make ur intelligence n maturity look foolish even if u are in ur 40s. The world has no credence whatsoever for age buh has great respect for maturity n wisdom. While growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't. I'll advice u extend ur social coverage beyond the walls of ur confined borough, it'll help u see those countless young men presumably of inferior age (to you) buh far ahead of u in reasoning capacity n emotional stability.
@ Op, all those things u so fear won't matter in the end. Follow the verdict of ur heart, it is often more accurate than u are willing to accept.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jewelofafrica(f): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.

Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO!
It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

I need a man. . . not a boy! kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

THE BIGGER THE SHOE SIZE. . . THE SMALLER THE BRAIN! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

I will like to say u r not informed and exposed, no offence meant but guys r not as dumb as u portray....guys have more interesting conversations, are adventurous and open minded. Its not as bad as you think just open your a eyes n see.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by CEOAyoStones(m): 8:13am On Dec 30, 2013

Old thinking... Dear brother..if you are happy with her, go ahead and marry her and pray to God to guide your marrage.. Weather she is younger or older? No perfect marrage..
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by nekaa(f): 8:13am On Dec 30, 2013
It looks good now buh it might nt look this good in 5years time.....
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by GentleFrank(m): 8:23am On Dec 30, 2013
Good !
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jewelofafrica(f): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2013
@OP, there are 2 kinds of husbands: the family man and the family head. Which do u intend to be? The family man is a lover friend and confidante. The family head is the SOLE provider character who expects Loyalty and RESPECT only as reward for his inputs to the home.

If you want to enjoy ur life pls marry ur agemate/friend, she will make you a wonderful companion, your communication will be smooth, but if you marry som1 far younger....intellectual gap is inevitable.

As for aging, well men age faster if u haven't noticed except u r looking at stressed women. Do u plan to stress your spouse? Most women claiming 30s are actually in their 40s if u doubt me ask genny.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by destino24(m): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2013
ireneidiva:
xmas is over!

angry angry angry
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 30, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
The best thind to do is for you to search your heart deeply to see if you truly love her then take every thing to God in prayers. He would tell you if she is for you.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by azeezengr(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
There is no standard pair of age for marriage for two consenting adults but their is Standard chemistry and ofcourse Mathematics. By chemistry I am referring to Love and Likeness combined together, that is two of you have a feeling of being each other part. As per Mathematics, you need ability to manipulate 'Live' equations your union will throw up to get the RIGHT answer at all time- that is you have to be a man and your wife must believe in you(that is you must be a fast thinker and act more maturely to naturally be a leader-not ruler, for your wife to be).

To the glory of God, my marriage shall be 10 years by June 2014,- my wife is almost 3 Years older(although her stature shows otherwise even after 4 kids), She made me to know from onset but I careless because I LOVE her and I am naturally MORE MATURE than most of my mate(not size-wise)-Ultimately I prayed before meeting her and I am confident till today that God answered my prayer.

So, please pray and If your heart is still with her after praying, go ahead and get married to her. And continue to pray for wisdom and maturity to live your life with her.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by azeezengr(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
There is no standard pair of age for marriage for two consenting adults but their is Standard chemistry and ofcourse Mathematics. By chemistry I am referring to Love and Likeness combined together, that is two of you have a feeling of being each other part. As per Mathematics, you need ability to manipulate 'Live' equations your union will throw up to get the RIGHT answer at all time- that is you have to be a man and your wife must believe in you(that is you must be a fast thinker and act more maturely to naturally be a leader-not ruler, for your wife to be).

To the glory of God, my marriage shall be 10 years by June 2014,- my wife is almost 3 Years older(although her stature shows otherwise even after 4 kids), She made me to know from onset but I careless because I LOVE her and I am naturally MORE MATURE than most of my mate(not size-wise)-Ultimately I prayed before meeting her and I am confident till today that God answered my prayer.

So, please pray and If your heart is still with her after praying, go ahead and get married to her. And continue to pray for wisdom and maturity to live your life with her.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Crystallic: 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Follow your heart. As long as she is the right one you can never go wrong.Age is not what you should consider at all because there are other major factors and more over most women age graceful when they are been taking care of and dotted on. My advice is stick to your guts and never allow peoples opinion to affect your decision because at the end of the day it's your decision to make and not anyone's. You should not ask strangers about some certain things cause you never know their own priorities, taste and love for certain things. Choose wisely because marriage is a life contract and know that the two of you are bound for life. smiley
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Mex: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2013
@OP: I may not be all that experienced in marriage matters but I'll give you my two cents cos I also married my age mate.

About her looking older than you after a few kids, well truth is unless ur marrying someone like 10-15yrs younger, your wife will most likely be looking older than you by the time you guys are getting to you late 50s or thereabouts. But the good thing is, she will only be looking older than you to people who don't really matter anyways; to you she still looks like your wife and you still feel older than her. (its a bit like how as kids our parents never seem to get old to us from childhood till we're really really grown up before we actually realise our parents are getting older).

Another thing is, the woman who knows her place and duties as a wife will respect you regardless of your age, especially as she already knows before hand that you guys are mates. But all the same I suggest you discuss it with her if you do eventually make up your mind to marry her. Let her know that you really want to be with her but there's just this fear you have (and that's the only fear your people have too) that she won't respect you as the man of the house & head of the Family/Home cos of the age. Hopefully, this will make her go the extra mile to show you and them that they are wrong grin You should also remember that if you're not able to carry out your responsibilities as the Man, most women would turn disrespectful, whether you guys are the same age or not.

So basically, if you're really ok with her and age is the only factor your particularly worried about then I think you're safe with her. The Age thing is actually more important to women so if she is not that bothered about you being her age then i think you should just relax and start making wedding plans together.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Tos87(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2013
Ennyhollar: There is noting bad on it, but wat is there is that u should not let her now ur really age, So she can give more respect to ur siblings.

Nah nah nah.... Dear I don't. Agree wit u on ds one. That's making him not trust his own wife and bringing in secrecy btw them.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Dexmars(m): 9:23am On Dec 30, 2013
@ Op

When parents hammer on marrying a wife far younger than you, they see beyond what most of us don't see!!!

If ever you have a power tussle don't marry her.

However if she airs her views on a certain subject with warm affection, buy a diamond studded ring sharply.

Note: I'm not married

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Pain(m): 9:26am On Dec 30, 2013
dayokanu: You know Lola Omotayo is like 5yrs older than P Square and she don get pikin

Does she look like his mom?

I give her three years.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Ghost01(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2013
@OP - I say 'marry her'! She's your friend, your love, and you've known her for a very long time, so she's not a fake. And for pete's sake, it's not like she's 15 years older than you, she's your age-mate, so age shouldn't be an issue here; you guys are perfect for each other. What if you had married at 21, would you have married a 15-year-old? Above all else, use your head & follow your heart.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Zoest(m): 9:36am On Dec 30, 2013
U'll b wrng if u only worry abt hw she ll eventually luk older afta few children & in yrs 2 cum,coz dat iz knwn fact,but wot am concern abt iz her psnality,ur shared belief n philosophy,dez r wot u'll live wit nt her appearance,as u lock ur destiny wit hers. Pay attntn n concern ursef wit things dat matas! u ursef ll nt continue 2 luk d same,age n oda factors ll continue 2 play on u too.

U r of marriagable age,yes! No doubt but don't b in haste,do ur home work & neva ignore little tinx as u get 2 kn her. D feelin of emotn iz nt enough 2 wnt 2 go in2 marriage, neither d financial capability nor age,ur ability 2 gain control ova ur emotnz is called maturity.

Get 2 kn her- u hardly kn anytin abt her n learn 2 pruv tinx,so r nt jux a stamp,fallin 4 d coy of a woman,ask questnz,lend ur advice,let ur influence play in certain area n b friends 2 each oda.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by anishe(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2013
dayokanu: You know Lola Omotayo is like 5yrs older than P Square and she don get pikin

Does she look like his mom?

We all know that P Square is using football age. Not his real age.

OP, just wanna ask you two (2) questions:
1. Is she a Virgin?
2. Did you sleep with her when she came around? Dd you shine her Congo?? If yes how many rounds?

No backlash.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Odegbami1(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2013
I am not seeing anything wrong in marrying your age mate or even someone that is a little bit older than you are. I think what u really want in a marriage is PEACE and LOVE. You can marry someone u are older than an later regret of entering into that institution. If you realy love her and other factors that you have consider thoroughly are in her, please do not hesitate to ask her hand in marriage. NOTE, others are watching and wish to take advange.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jollypaddy(m): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2013
I neva wnted 2. Commment!!!!bt sum comments here ar so dumb n Annoyin!!!D bottomline of d mata is dis @op,if she luvs u!!respect wil surely set in!if she is ur. Wife 2b,evrytin oda tin will fall in place.....if u luv her,den propose 2her....sum pple illiteracy gt Grade.....Age ko..Age ni!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2013
@OP what has true love got to do wit age and looks? U seem more interested in what pple will tink nd say dan ur own happiness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Regretting My Marriage. / I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Pretty Annateshia Omotolani And Her Long Hair In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.