Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Getting Married To Your Age mate - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married To Your Age mate (70277 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by depato88(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
go ahead bro..notin wrong with dat...u ppl may end up being one of best couple around
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by ehibia(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
What if she looks older after dropping 2 kids. Has that got anything to do with the love u feel for her? Unless the love is directly proportional to how young she looks after dropping 3 or more kids, i see nothing wrong with it. Marry her if u love her. My best friends wife is 4 years older than him and u can never tell (Even after she has dropped 4) grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by whosefault(f): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
venorite: My sis is currently married to someone she is older than with some days and they love and respect each other.am currently falling for someone that is few months older than me and I intend marrying her all things being equal. Matters most in relationship is understanding,love and care.you are going to live with her in ur house and not with people.

it runs in the family....

boy, no come here come ask for foolish opinion, you don shine her kongo now you dey ask weda age matter, if you want to marry, go and visit her people and she yours and let the drums roll if both parents give their consent. after-all you say una already love each other from first grade. lol
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by tunnex190: 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
My brother, I dont know how this may sound. But if you both truly love each other, I'd advise you go ahead and marry her. Afterall, I am planning to settle with someone who's about a year older than I am.

I dont give a damn to what people may say.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jude33084(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
In 10 years she will be 10 yrs older than you undecided
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by ehibia(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27: I decided to post this in family section because I know there are a lot of people with mature minds and experiences especially married folks.

I recently came across an old schoolmate in primary school whom I had a crush on then. I was such a good boy then so wasn't into all that. Few months ago, we started communicating. She is in another state working. Since then we have gotten so close.

She came down to the town I stay enroute her village and we spent a few days together. We realised we are in love with each other. When she left, I felt an emptiness and she too has been missing me.

I'm in my early 30's and ready for marriage. I will love to marry her but my only problem is that she is my age mate.

Please, is there any problem in getting married to your age mate?

Some people feel its not right because
1) She may not be loyal and submissive
2) By the time she drops two kids, she will look quite older than me

I haven't told her anything about marriage. Would want to clear some grounds first and then take some months to know her more before letting my intentions known fully well.

Please, what do you feel about this? I need mature advice on this. I'm at crossroads now and will appreciate your input.

Thanks

What if she looks older after dropping 2 kids. Has that got anything to do with the love u feel for her? Unless the love is directly proportional to how young she looks after dropping 3 or more kids, i see nothing wrong with it. Marry her if u love her. My best friends wife is 4 years older than him and u can never tell (Even after she has dropped 4) grin
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by andyanders: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
She will age faster than the man.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Komozua(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
there is nothing bad in dat.... Bt it beta u marry sumone u ar older dan.... Bt in everytin put God first.... And follow ur heart... Ask God to direct u..... I wish u all d best....
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jude33084(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
tunnex190: My brother, I dont know how this may sound. But if you both truly love each other, I'd advise you go ahead and marry her. Afterall, I am planning to settle with someone who's about a year older than I do.

I dont give a damn to what people may say.

I hope you won't turn to younger ones outside after 15 years of marriage wink
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by aytuns(m): 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
bist:
I think the problem iz wit u love, u shud ask ur self, what is it with your poo.sea that attracts only idiats!. Cos its a known fact that flies are only attracted to dirts n sh.it....no hard feelings.

Thank yot jare, just the answer for her, nonsense!!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jreyez(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
duni04:
Enjoy it while it lasts. When you enter 40 and or 45 and you're stuck with a 50yr old woman in the house, you'll remember this thread wella grin

I'll definitely get another gf once this one washes out! I'm too young for marriage, I'll definitely marry someone that's younger than me......

I no go like rinkles at the age of 40.... Mba nu....!

Team forever young # cool
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by claremont(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
@OP: Scientific research (widely published online) has proven beyond reasonable doubt that there is a dramatic decline in female fertility after she has attained the age of 27 and onwards. A woman is at her most fertile period between the age of 19 and 26; her chances of conceiving drops to 50% when she reaches 27 years of age, and drops even further for every year she adds on. In addition, the chances of infertility increases for a female from the age of 27.

The bottom line is that males should strive to marry younger females (i.e. females below 27 years of age) in order to maximize their chances of having children. Avoid old cargoes!

P.S: Data is derived from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-112136/The-female-fertility-clock-starts-ticking-27.html
http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-the-effect-of-age-on-fertility_6155.bc

No bi me talk am oh, make nobody insult me abeg! grin

7 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Lawalemi(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2013
It's manageable if you are older than her even with few days or you both share the same birth day. What I can't tolerate is her being older than me even with a day
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by PTAwal: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ennyhollar: There is noting bad on it, but wat is there is that u should not let her now ur really age, So she can give more respect to ur siblings.
I don't think lying about your age is a good idea when it comes to marriage . He cannot keep secrect from her, the truth will one day reveal it self,rather he should just tell her the truth, if she's not okay, its better they go on their separate ways than patching it with lies.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by aytuns(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
ehibia:

.....My best friends wife is 4 years older than him and u can never tell (Even after she has dropped 4) grin

Really
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by luvkia(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
There are a number of issues with marrying a person of the same age, but the most important is the se xuality aspect. Men have longer se xual life span. When u are 50-60 and still active by then there will be problem because she will lack the the urge
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by kpolli(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

As I get older. . . THE GAP WIDENS. . . .
Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO!
It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

I need a man. . . not a boy! kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

THE BIGGER THE SHOE SIZE. . . THE SMALLER THE BRAIN! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

You're still a child, when you reach 23, your mindset would change

@OP, there is nothing bad in it... If I get the chance... I will because contrary to belief, na them dey respect pass.... I would rather have my age mate slap me than a girl 10yrs younger..... If she takes care of herself.... After 8 kids, she would still look hot....

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by free2ryhme: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wat is posn of opinion in ur decision to get married? R u a child? MaRRiage is foR men not boyz
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jreyez(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Oh that reminds me! If you're a lady that's too old for her husband as of now? Don't feel sorry, just holla me and I'll do the banging job.

Bang for bar grin
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by flyingdutchman(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
I envy you. You berra marry the gal and stop complaining over nothing!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by gee4gloria: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
My dear,age is just a number. Maturity is d word. If ur agemate is mature and she loves and respects u, why not. As 4 her looking older dan u later,I don't think so cos wen u give a woman quality love,she looks younger.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by tenovaten(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
The most Important thing here is what you guys really feel for each other, every other thing is second, what's d guarantee that if u marry a girl of 18 she wud respect you? Forgotten respect is Earned?? Someone said. After 2kids she will look like ur Mum,lol "Dumb Talk" want ur wife to look "younger" all the time Just make her HAPPY!!!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by ijst: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
My broda as per as u wil ve a peaceful home go ahead n marry her
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jreyez(m): 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
gee4gloria: My dear,age is just a number. Maturity is d word. If ur agemate is mature and she loves and respects u, why not. As 4 her looking older dan u later,I don't think so cos wen u give a woman quality love,she looks younger.

Stfu! Maturity is the word my foot..... Try getting married to a fat lady the same age with you (that's of you're not married) then wait till her 40th birthday..... Even her food go dey irritate you angry
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by ijst: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
age doesnt matter here bt fulfillment n virtue wife
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by tolu4you: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
laughing.......... ;Dlaughing.......... Remember dat love apart, compatibility na another thing. Forget abt d love, though love is d first thing but compatibility be d real thing. Seh e wa compatible...?

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Xtaceeey: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eidos_ky: No NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! U NEED TO SEE MY MOM.... SHE IS 7YRS YOUNGER BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE MY DADS GRANNY........

SMH, 2bad Ur dad must be really poor, insensitive or he neva took good care of ur mum, wat u shd be doin is learning from his mistakes, no offence tho!!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Wislet(f): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
claremont: @OP: Scientific research (widely published online) has proven beyond reasonable doubt that there is a dramatic decline in female fertility after she has attained the age of 27 and onwards. A woman is at her most fertile period between the age of 19 and 26; her chances of conceiving drops to 50% when she reaches 27 years of age, and drops even further for every year she adds on. In addition, the chances of infertility increases for a female from the age of 27.

The bottom line is that males should strive to marry younger females (i.e. females below 27 years of age) in order to maximize their chances of having children. Avoid old cargoes!

P.S: Data is derived from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-112136/The-female-fertility-clock-starts-ticking-27.html
http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-the-effect-of-age-on-fertility_6155.bc

No bi me talk am oh, make nobody insult me abeg! grin
YOUR CHART AND GOD, WHO GRANTS CHILDREN?

What you put so much of your faith in will work for you.

If scientists rule your life and your thinking, then it will be so for you. Stop trying to get others to think for you.

What of women in their 40s conceive much quicker than their much younger counterparts? Can science explain that for you?

Some people breathe, eat, sleep and live science.

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27: I decided to post this in family section because I know there are a lot of people with mature minds and experiences especially married folks.

I recently came across an old schoolmate in primary school whom I had a crush on then. I was such a good boy then so wasn't into all that. Few months ago, we started communicating. She is in another state working. Since then we have gotten so close.

She came down to the town I stay enroute her village and we spent a few days together. We realised we are in love with each other. When she left, I felt an emptiness and she too has been missing me.

I'm in my early 30's and ready for marriage. I will love to marry her but my only problem is that she is my age mate.

I haven't told her anything about marriage. Would want to clear some grounds first and then take some months to know her more before letting my intentions known fully well.

Please, what do you feel about this? I need mature advice on this. I'm at crossroads now and will appreciate your input.

Thanks
@op' take ur time to know her very well, don't rely on that fact that she's once ur childhood companion the way you no her before might quietly different from the one you knew now so my point here is, if she meet up with the standard of what u ever dream of in woman then go ahead and wife her age doesn't rili count in relationship dis days ,
And for your deepiest fear Take good care of her atleast channel few attention to her beauty and health, poverty and lack of care make most nigerian women look old more than their age.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by mcocolok(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
DESTINY, WHY DID YOU BRING OUR RELATIONSHIP ISSUE ONLINE? OH YOU THINK AM NOT A MEMBER OF NAIRALAND? BECAUSE I CAME TO YOUR VILLAGE AND STAYED WITH YOU AND NOW THE WHOLE WORLD DON HEAR FINISH ABI? CONSIDER THIS RELATIONSHIP OVER AND NO CALL ME AGAIN ABEG...

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Regretting My Marriage. / I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Pretty Annateshia Omotolani And Her Long Hair In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.