Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Rape Isn't Always Criminal - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Isn't Always Criminal (9005 Views)

Yinka Mafe With 15 Criminal Cases — Police. Who Is Using Him? / Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Uche2nna(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

the "i can't control myself" line is what men use when they want to pressure a[b] naive [/b] girl into letting them have what they want.  wink No guy can deny never having used it successfully.  grin

if you can control yourself when she is on her period then you have no excuse.

BtW, there are some things called condoms you know.

She shed the naive toga when she went to bed with the man and allowed for some heavy petting.

Of course when push comes to shove, You can always hold back. Thats not the issue here as far as I am concerned. The issue here is letting young onyi know not to allow herself get into such uncompromising positions and think that the guy would just automatically turn off because Princess Onyi snapped her fingers. Thats the stuff rape is made off. Yes, it is still rape but why invite it in the first place.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

the "i can't control myself" line is what men use when they want to pressure a naive girl into letting them have what they want. wink No guy can deny never having used it successfully. grin

if you can control yourself when she is on her period then you have no excuse.
Ok, but there's a diff between "being inside" and controlling yourself and "being outside the "kini" and controlling yourself.
When you're inside and on the brink on climaxing, how can you stop?

davidylan:

BtW, there are some things called condoms you know.
*giggles* I know, have you tried it? jk

But on a serious note, with or without condoms, how can you sleep with someone you just met?

@baxilexi
aiight, laterz
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tpia: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sisikill:

Really? How can he prove he didn't prove he didn't rape her? I'D think she is the one who has to prove she was raped. If that's how it is, then it's is completely unfair.

sisikill- why do we find ourselves at opposite ends of an argument these days?

Is it really that hard to find evidence of rape?

Any doctor can verify evidence of sexual activity in the pubic regions.

Facts and allegations are two totally different things. Thats why the man is at a disadvantage in such cases. His main defence in most instances is either to get reliable witnesses saying no rape occurred or else damage the girls character so her testimony can be disregarded. A third option is settling out of court.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by HRhotness(f): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2008
tpia:

sisikill- why do we find ourselves at opposite ends of an argument these days?

Is it really that hard to find evidence of rape?

Any doctor can verify evidence of sexual activity in the pubic regions.

Facts and allegations are two totally different things. Thats why the man is at a disadvantage in such cases. His main defence in most instances is either to get reliable witnesses saying no rape occurred or else damage the girls character so her testimony can be disregarded. A third option is settling out of court.

it is quite hard to find evidence in date rape situations becos there is usually initial consent or drugr are used. . . so the characteristic bruises and tears are absent
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
Uche2nna:

She shed the naive toga when she went to bed with the man and allowed for some heavy petting.

Of course when push comes to shove, You can always hold back. Thats not the issue here as far as I am concerned. The issue here is letting young onyi know not to allow herself get into such uncompromising positions and think that the guy would just automatically turn off because Princess Onyi snapped her fingers. Thats the stuff rape is made off. Yes, it is still rape but why invite it in the first place.

some girls are so naive they dont know how to tell a guy to stop until the deed is about to be done then they start crying about being virgins. Onyi's case is different, if she's been dating the guy for quite a while now, saying no becomes useless . . . the guy will do what he wants to do regardless of how loudly she cries and she dare not cry rape.

Ruby_Pearl:

Ok, but there's a diff between "being inside" and controlling yourself and "being outside the "kini" and controlling yourself.
When you're inside and on the brink on climaxing, how can you stop?

lol you certainly know a lot. Once a guy is inside, even an earthquake cannot stop him, climaxing or not.

Ruby_Pearl:

*giggles* I know, have you tried it? jk

But on a serious note, with or without condoms, how can you sleep with someone you just met?

hehe it sometimes happens. . . it doesnt make it right all the same.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2008
Uche2nna:

Oka Uche. . . . . i already have a father so i don't need you to try and fill in that role. Anyways. . . . you are basically just calling me a tease. Which is super insulting. Oka i don't go around seducing men in to getting hot N' bothered, and when it is time to do the do. . . . i refuse. I don't put myself in such a position because i have no need to. I aint looking for no cutty buddy. . . . so why would i allow it. Even if i was that kind of chick, I have the absolute right as a human being to refuse sex from another fellow mortal. If i don't want it. . . . then i don't want it. If he doesn't understand. . . . he is a rapist and should get ready to do time behind bars. And its not Princess Onyi, that is so cliche. It is Onyi Bekee. tongue
davidylan:

Onyi's case is different, if she's been dating the guy for quite a while now, saying no becomes useless . . . the guy will do what he wants to do regardless of how loudly she cries and she dare not cry rape.
Wanna bet?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by remmy007(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2008
RAPE as remained a controversial issue either from the point of view of an ordinary citizen or the more educated elites and legal observers/experts by in general.

from a legal point of view, 'any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind,or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape (section 357 criminal code)

As simple as the definition above appears in theory, what really constitute rape as been subject to much controversy especially in cases of an existing relationship between the culprit and the victim. it is always assumed that no matter the existing relationship between the two (ofcouse not a married couple) rape is said to occur even in the process of a consented romance and at anytime before the penetration of the libia majora(i.e the outer part of the virgina), the female party refuses to consent to sex or abruptly withdraw her consent, any penetration of the penis even without getting to the libia minora(i.e the inner part of the virgina), amount to rape.

although drawing the line between consensual and nonconsensual sexual intercourse may not be that easy as my explanation appears to suggest, especially in a society where the NO actually means YES, YES and YES which is common among our ladies, making the notion of rape inconclusive.

The only way of establishing a rape therefore is for the lady to prove lack of consent which can be readily inferred if she can show that she was physically assaulted or wounded in the process, e.g injury in any part of her body,including a virgina cut where applicable, torn clothes, swollen face as aresult of a blow or slap, etc

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by proo212(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2008
Thanks Davidylan, men can control themselves. Last time I checked, both men and women enjoy it. The "line", I can't control it is just to pressure someone into completing the act. Enough of the men can't control themselves and we're built differently line. If a lady is in throes of passion and the guy gets up, guess what happens?

I disagree, even if you are inside and a girl starts saying no or crying. You still need to get up. This is has happened to myself and I just didn't want a problem with the law. (someone I was dating and not someone i just met either)
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Uche2nna(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

some girls are so naive they don't know how to tell a guy to stop until the deed is about to be done then they start crying about being virgins. Onyi's case is different, if she's been dating the guy for quite a while now, saying no becomes useless . . . the guy will do what he wants to do regardless of how loudly she cries and she dare not cry rape.
lol you certainly know a lot. Once a guy is inside, even an earthquake cannot stop him, climaxing or not.

hehe it sometimes happens. . . it doesnt make it right all the same.

Actually, if Onyi filed a charge the court would be more sympathetic to her than to the guy. Some guys have actually gone to jail for that kind of shit.

@ Onyi
This is becoming very unbecoming cheesy Why do U always pick out insults from ma post? This is the fifth time in two days that U have implied that I insulted U shocked shocked
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

It is Onyi Bekee. tongue

stop that. that's my cousin's nickname not urs.

onyinye2:

Wanna bet?

long story. If a guy who knows how to touch a woman gets you he will do whatever he wants.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2008
proo212:

I disagree, even if you are inside and a girl starts saying no or crying. You still need to get up. This is has happened to myself and I just didn't want a problem with the law. (someone I was dating and not someone i just met either)
I just understand women of nowadays.
How can you be stupid enough to let a man get in if you didn't want it, then say no on the last min?

I'll slap that girl silly
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by proo212(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
She called later and apologised but it already happened. I like my clean record,
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

stop that. that's my cousin's nickname not urs.
Can't tell me what to do.

davidylan:

long story. If a guy who knows how to touch a woman gets you he will do whatever he wants.
Not with this chica.

Uche2nna:

@ Onyi
This is becoming very unbecoming  cheesy   Why do You always pick out insults from ma post? This is the fifth time in two days that You have implied that I insulted You  shocked shocked
Because you consistantly do.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
proo212:

that's odd. Maybe its because i'd rather i made sure you were 100% down with it before it happened. If i was inside the chic already no amoung of crying will stop it o.  shocked
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Uche2nna(m): 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I just understand women of nowadays.
How can you be stupid enough to let a man get in if you didn't want it, then say no on the last min?

I'll slap that girl silly

cheesy

proo212:

She called later and apologised but it already happened. I like my clean record,

Thats a wise decision
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

that's odd. Maybe its because i'D rather i made sure you were 100% down with it before it happened. If i was inside the chic already no amoung of crying will stop it o.  shocked
Might as well buy a striped jump suit and hand cuffs when you are done.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by seeu(m): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Onyi,

It's not easy to prove rape case. Do you think you can prove it that a single man overpowered you, held your legs open, covered your mouth from shouting, held your two hangs before he was able to rape you? It's really difficult to prove. The court will assume that the girl enjoy the act.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Uche2nna(m): 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

ROTLMAO  borrowing a line from kobojunkie
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Uche2nna(m): 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2008
seeu:

@Onyi,

It's not easy to prove rape case. Do you think you can prove it that a single man overpowered you, held your legs open, covered your mouth from shouting, held your two hangs before he was unaable to rape you. It's really difficult to prove. The court will assume that the girl enjoy the act.

I dont think thats true undecided For some reason, I think it is more easier to convince the court that it was rape than to convince them that it was not undecided
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

that's pretty silly. Where you sleeping when the guy initially entered you? why didnt you say no then?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

lmao!!
I'll buy it for him grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by seeu(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
Uche2nna:

I don't think thats true undecided For some reason, I think it is more easier to convince the court that it was rape than to convince them that it was not undecided

It's difficult to prove that a single man raped a girl.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
seeu:

@Onyi,
It's not easy to prove rape case.  Do you think you can prove it that a single man overpowered you, held your legs open, covered your mouth from shouting, held your two hangs before he was unaable to rape you.  It's really difficult to prove.  The court will assume that the girl enjoy the act.
Proving is not easy but someway or another. . . . justice will be served.

davidylan:

that's pretty silly. Where you sleeping when the guy initially entered you? why didnt you say no then?
Werent you the same Lou Housier who said and i quote[i] "If i was inside the chic already no amount of crying will stop it o"[/i]
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
seeu:

It's difficult to prove that a single man raped a girl.
A man is innitially stronger than a girl.
"I didn't want it, he held me down and pounded away" proof enough. Now it's the guy's turn to proof otherwise.

Now if a big woman claimed that a tiny popsicle looking man raped her, well, let's just say, the court would ba laughing at the situation. Easier for the guy to proof his innocence
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Now if a big woman claimed that a tiny popsicle looking man raped her, well, let's just say, the court would ba laughing at the situation. Easier for the guy to proof his innocence
RUBY!!! You know you aint right! grin grin grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Werent you the same Lou Housier who said and i quote[i] "If i was inside the chic already no amount of crying will stop it o"[/i]

What's the controversy here? I simply said the girl has every right to say no until the guy enters her, beyond that point only guys with water running in their veins can stop. A guy doesnt enter you by mistake, you were fully aware he was going to and you could have stopped it before then.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

What's the controversy here? I simply said the girl has every right to say no until the guy enters her, beyond that point only guys with water running in their veins can stop. A guy doesnt enter you by mistake, you were fully aware he was going to and you could have stopped it before then.
Oh so the girl should lay there like a casted mummy and accept the multiple thrust from her rapist. . . . and be happy?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh so the girl should lay there like a casted mummy and accept the multiple thrust from her rapist. . . . and be happy?
If she didn't want it, she wouldn't have opened her leg WILLINGLY
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by seeu(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Rubby,

Big or no big woman, for any rape case, once it's confirmed that they guy didn't carry any gun or matchet against you, it becomes difficult to prove because you must show that you struggled to avoid the act, probably, there must be wound in the body to prove that he beat you until you got tired, there must be evidence that he tore your clothe and you did cry out when he was doing all this. Now, think of the act being done in a compound where the guy has neighbours. You must also explain that you cried out and the neighbours could not hear you. Hell no.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

If she didn't want it, she wouldn't have opened her leg WILLINGLY
Im just saying that the woman has the[b] RIGHT [/b]not PRIVILEGE to say NO at ANY point and time.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

why didnt she just close those legs and take a walk?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

why didnt she just close those legs and take a walk?
Well you are the one over here talking about no amount of screams will matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ondo: Three CAC Worshippers Missing As Kidnappers Demand ₦50M Ransom / Wickedness - 8 Men Slept With Me Daily, Girl, 13, Reveals / Two Arrested With $250,000, Gold Nuggets Worth N34 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.