Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Rape Isn't Always Criminal - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Isn't Always Criminal (9004 Views)

Yinka Mafe With 15 Criminal Cases — Police. Who Is Using Him? / Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:29am On Sep 02, 2008
If she says No before penetration and he continues that is rape.
If she says No after penetration,that is no rape in my books, perhaps a mistake
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 12:29am On Sep 02, 2008
debosky:

Any woman who says yes while 'drunk' and claims rape after is not serious, learn to handle your alcohol.

Touche. . . . . .

Matter of fact, UK courts are looking into that now.

Women have been warned that binge drinking could cost them the right to complain of being raped.
'Drunken consent is still consent,' a jury was told as the prosecution abandoned a rape trial involving a drama student and a security guard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-369561/Drunk-women-able-claim-rape.html
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by debosky(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2008
what court case??

if you regret having sex with someone, that is your own fault, there is absolutely no right given to criminalize the person because of that.

A woman wakes up the day after and thinks 'i should never have slept with him!!' and the next thing is to claim rape? I don't think so

It may be regrettable, it may be an error of judgment, it may hurt and be very annoying, but is it rape? NO

@ karma

sharrap! grin

If someone is mentally retarded and is not qualified to make decisions like that, then she should be in protective custody - its like sending a 3 year old boy into a bar, should never happen in the first place.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:31am On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

The court has to prove it.
Every move that led to the act would be heard by the jury and they would decide if the act was commited or u were just being silly.
Let it be known that only 5% actually get convicted.
The 5% being the stranger kind of rape where an unknown person attacks a woman and take advantage.
Where did you get these faulty stats. . . . Anyways, the court will hear all that happened. But all the focus will head to where the woman said "NO" [/b]and the man [b]"CONTINUED"

Queenisha:

Osisi. . . . . you've got to be kidding me. It is a woman's RIGHT to say NO and ANY given moment through the act of intercourse.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by debosky(m): 12:33am On Sep 02, 2008
its a woman's right to say no?Once the act (penetration) has begun, it becomes very grey in my view. It may be her right, but she has made an error and it is unlikely that anyone will convict a man who was given consent till that point.

Simply put - that is another regrettable decision, not likely to be regarded as rape.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:34am On Sep 02, 2008
I believe a lot of men have been labelled because of some vindictive women.
There's a secretary at my hubby's place of work that obviously has the hots for him
and has made many remarks to him that are obviously sexually harassing.
Turn it around if he were the female and she was the male,he could lose his job and tarnish his records for things like that.
Women know how to manipulate these laws at will and then dock under the cover of "I'm a weaker vessel" when it suits them.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:34am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

Haba,you don become even more hardline. Few minutes ago,you drew the line at where the man is a couple of minutes from coming,now you are suggesting the commencement of penetration. Unless you are implying that the usual duration of intercourse-from penetration to ejaculation-is 2 minutes.  grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:34am On Sep 02, 2008
@ karma

sharrap!  Grin

If someone is mentally retarded and is not qualified to make decisions like that, then she should be in protective custody - its like sending a 3 year old boy into a bar, should never happen in the first place.

So it's her fault for not being under a guardian or in an asylum? Therefore any sexual assault on her is justified?  
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by debosky(m): 12:36am On Sep 02, 2008
Assault is definitely not justified, but someone else committed a greater crime by dropping the ball - why expose her to such a situation in the first place. that is criminal negligence and is the root cause of the crime. For we know, the man may not recognise she is incapable of making such a decision.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:37am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

Haba,you don become even more hardline. Few minutes ago,you drew the line at where the man is a couple of minutes from coming,now you are suggesting the commencement of penetration. Unless you are implying that the usual duration of intercourse-from penetration to ejaculation-is 2 minutes.  grin  

ROFL
Isn't that funmi's theory.
That most of all y'all land the same time it takes to cook a minute rice
I'mjust going by average figures dear
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:37am On Sep 02, 2008
debosky link=topic=166449.msg2740512#date=1220312005:

its a woman's right to say no?Once the act (penetration) has begun, it becomes very grey in my view. It may be her right, but she has made an error and it is unlikely that anyone will convict a man who was given consent till that point.

Simply put - that is another regrettable decision, not likely to be regarded as rape.
So what do you suggest her do. . . . lie there like a casted mummy and except every hump her rapist gives her?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:39am On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

So what do you suggest her do. . . . lie there like a casted mummy and except every hump her rapist gives her?

I said it earlier.
She should bite her lips and count to 10 multiple times till it's over
she invited the guest in and she should let the guest leave without throwing them out when the visit is over grin

next time she'll be more specific and make up her mind from the beginning
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:39am On Sep 02, 2008
debosky:

Assault is definitely not justified, but someone else committed a greater crime by dropping the ball - why expose her to such a situation in the first place.

That's not the point. Any circumstance can cause it where she's not under protective custody. dead parents, system let her out. point is whoever decides to get down with such a person despite the fact that it's OBVIOUS that she's mentally incapable to make such a decision is a criminal pure and simple.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 12:40am On Sep 02, 2008
Question -
Is there a material psychological distinction to be drawn between the act of power and control in a stranger rape, and failure to control lust in a sexual encounter by two individuals in a relationship?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:41am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

ROFL
Isn't that funmi's theory.
That most of all y'all land the same time it takes to cook a minute rice
I'mjust going by average figures dear

A woman's job is to raise her legs up while wailing like a deranged primate. Women should count themselves lucky that sex often lasts up to 2 minutes.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:42am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

I believe a lot of men have been labelled because of some vindictive women.
There's a secretary at my hubby's place of work that obviously has the hots for him
and has made many remarks to him that are obviously sexually harassing.
Turn it around if he were the female and she was the male,he could lose his job and tarnish his records for things like that.
Women know how to manipulate these laws at will and then dock under the cover of "I'm a weaker vessel" when it suits them.

If your husband wasnt flattered by the attention osisi, he would have reported her. This isnt Nigeria, the woman would get a warning for such. Sure if it were reversed case it'D be a bigger deal but with the new laws, whether a woman or man commits such an offence, either one will get punished
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:42am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

I said it earlier.
She should bite her lips and count to 10 multiple times till it's over
she invited the guest in and she should let the guest leave when the visit is over

next time she'll be more specific and make up her mind from the beginning
Osisi. . . . . you've got to be kidding me. So you who tell this to your own daughter if she was in this compromising position?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by debosky(m): 12:43am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

That's not the point. Any circumstance can cause it where she's not under protective custody. dead parents, system let her out. point is whoever decides to get down with such a person despite the fact that it's OBVIOUS that she's mentally incapable to make such a decision is a criminal pure and simple.

I don't agree - are you saying that someone else can make the decision for her? Are you saying because of this mental 'incapability' the person cannot have sex with another person? This is highly debatable.

what exactly would you define as 'obvious'? undecided Its a matter of perspective my dear - what may be obvious to you may not be so obvious to another observer.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:43am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

Women should count themselves lucky that sex often lasts up to 2 minutes.

Can you now imagine a woman trying to cut it off at the 103rd minute?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:45am On Sep 02, 2008
Sisi answer my question!  tongue
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:45am On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

Osisi. . . . . you've got to be kidding me. So you who tell this to your own daughter if she was in this compromising position?

I'll tell her not to go to a secluded corner with a man and take off her clothes willingly.
That's a better piece of motherly advice
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:45am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

Can you now imagine a woman trying to cut it off at the 103rd minute?

In reality,it's the one-minute men that have the most reasons to worry. A man who has the self-control to last 103 minutes should have the self-control to stop when his woman says so.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2008
To Clarify Helen Mirren's comment, she is saying that not everything sexual act called RAPE is RAPE, which means it can't be criminal.

Helen's contention was that a woman who voluntarily ended up in a man's bedroom and engaged in sexual activity – but then said no to intercourse – could not seriously expect to take that man to court on a charge of rape if he ignored her last-minute insistence that she did not want full sex.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:46am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

I'll tell her not to go to a secluded corner with a man and take off her clothes willingly.
That's a better piece of motherly advice
That doesn't cut it. You should tell her that at any given moment it is her right to say NO to her man.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:47am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

If your husband wasnt flattered by the attention osisi, he would have reported her. This isnt Nigeria, the woman would get a warning for such. Sure if it were reversed case it'D be a bigger deal but with the new laws, whether a woman or man commits such an offence, either one will get punished

which man wouldn't be
You now how they are? lipsrsealed
obviously he's flattered but he like most men would do nothing about it.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:48am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

In reality,it's the one-minute men that have the most reasons to worry. A man who has the self-control to last 103 minutes should have the self-control to stop when his woman says so.

grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:50am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

grin

Chei I meant 103 seconds.
Who dash them 103 minutes?
Do I even have 103 minutes to give when there are other things to be done LOL
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:51am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

Chei I meant 103 seconds.
Who dash them 103 minutes?
Do I even have 103 minutes to give when there are pther things to be done LOL
Trust me. . . . after 103 minutes of some of that. . . . you will be lucky if you remember how to spell your name.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:52am On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

That doesn't cut it. You should tell her that at any given moment it is her right to say NO to her man.

My dear that may be you style.
It's like me telling someone don't do it but here this is a condom, in case you need it.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:54am On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

Trust me. . . . after 103 minutes of some of that. . . . you will be lucky if you remember how to spell your name.

almost 2 whole hours when daylight is only 12 hours?
please I don't have that much time to spare all at once
take alittle more than 30 mins,I'll want to watch Judge Mathis
do you know that too much sweating and wrestling is bad for our hair?
after paying akata $100 for a do,I don't want it messed up in a single night
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:55am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

My dear that may be you style.
It's like me telling someone don't          but here this is a condom, in case you need it.
Of course i wouldn't send my child out and tell her she can put herself in such a position. I do agree that if you play with fire. . . . you might get burned. But i will tell her that in the midst of it all. . . . she has the right to put out the flames.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tpia: 12:57am On Sep 02, 2008
Sisikill:

To Clarify Helen Mirren's comment, she is saying that not everything sexual act called RAPE is RAPE, which means it can't be criminal.

Helen's contention was that a woman who voluntarily ended up in a man's bedroom and engaged in sexual activity – but then said no to intercourse – could not seriously expect to take that man to court on a charge of rape if he ignored her last-minute insistence that she did not want full sex.

The women can and they do.

This helen herself knows that. Where was she when Mike Tyson was getting himself in trouble?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ondo: Three CAC Worshippers Missing As Kidnappers Demand ₦50M Ransom / Wickedness - 8 Men Slept With Me Daily, Girl, 13, Reveals / Two Arrested With $250,000, Gold Nuggets Worth N34 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.