Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Rape Isn't Always Criminal - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Isn't Always Criminal (9003 Views)

Yinka Mafe With 15 Criminal Cases — Police. Who Is Using Him? / Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Well you are the one over here talking about no amount of screams will matter.

close your legs, walk before the guy enters you. simple. If you dont want sex, dont flirt with a guy and give him a wrong impression . . . easy.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

close your legs, walk before the guy enters you. simple. If you don't want sex, don't flirt with a guy and give him a wrong impression . . . easy.
If the girl say No, stop, get off her, walk away. . . . simple.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by HRhotness(f): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
davidylan:

close your legs, walk before the guy enters you. simple. If you don't want sex, don't flirt with a guy and give him a wrong impression . . . easy.

precisely the point of the entire topic
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
seeu:

@Rubby,

Big or no big woman, for any rape case, once it's confirmed that they guy didn't carry any gun or matchet against you, it becomes difficult to prove because you must show that you struggled to avoid the act, probably, there must be wound in body to prove that he beat you until you got taired, there must be evidence that he tore your clothe and you did cry out when he was doing all this. Now, think of the act bein done in a compound where the guy has neighbours. You must also explain why you cried out and the neighbours could not hear you. Hell no.
Science is now becoming. . . .becoming. . . . cna't find a word for it.

If there are bruises, if I'm not wrong, I think there are new technologies to proof it the bruises was from the time of the proclaimed rape, before or after.

I mean, rape is becoming so rampant that the issues are taken so serious, every evidence, every words are taken and delicately analyzed.
Date rape, which I think includes drugs, sleeping pills etc, will be harder to proof. That's why doctors can examine the girls Virginal. Have sperm been shot in her within the "so so" term period, and who the sperm belongs to. But unfortunately, the sperm retain it's DNA molecules for only 24hrs once it's been out of him. That's why it's very important to file for rape and get tested ASAP if you think you've been the victim of rape.

There are many other ways to proof yourself a victim of rape, apart from bruises on the arm, bruises inside the clitoris, virginal, etc. . . .blood can be tested for drugs consumes with the time period, anything!

I watched a case like this on Forensic Files.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2008
The problem is to proof if you applied those injuries, drugs, etc to her or not.
Maybe she tried to frame you or not
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by proo212(m): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
Onyinye, don't take my post to strengthen your point. It took a lot of will power and I didn't need the hassle. Even ladies cannot switch themselves off like you claim you can.

What happens on occasion is that the ladies will regret it afterwards and cry rape (playing the victim). she goes to the police and the guy's life is ruined forever even if it gets thrown out of court.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2008
tpia:

sisikill- why do we find ourselves at opposite ends of an argument these days?

Is it really that hard to find evidence of rape?

Any doctor can verify evidence of sexual activity in the pubic regions.

Facts and allegations are two totally different things. Thats why the man is at a disadvantage in such cases. His main defence in most instances is either to get reliable witnesses saying no rape occurred or else damage the girls character so her testimony can be disregarded. A third option is settling out of court.

LOL, I was wondering that too.

Okay, I need to make sure we are at least on the same page on which country laws we're talking about. . .  American Law right?

The defendant (that is the alleged rapist, the person who is being accused, the guy) having the burden of proof here is wrong because it violates the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" rule. The Accuser (the woman) is the one burdened with proving she was raped.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
Okay ladies. . . flirting is NOT a fundamental right so stop acting like someone is trying to take your rights away.

It is simple - IF YOU CAN NOT END IT, DO NOT START IT. . .  except of course, you are on the web, then you can say "Come and get it Pappi, I'm all yours! Grrrowwwl as you lie on the couch, in your ratty sleep shirt, stuffing your shirley cover face with pringles, watching Scrubs for the 20th time or am I the only who does that?  undecided
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 11:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
Rape Isn't Always Criminal.

Of course, 60% of the time, rape isn't criminal.
When these chics get high, they are Hot and they want IT.
At dawn, they think about the whole saga and feel used especially if the guy gets cocky about the whole shenbang.
She wants vengeance and dials 999. . . . . . I WAS RAPED!!!
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Rape Isn't Always Criminal.

Of course, 60% of the time, rape isn't criminal.
When these chics get high, they are Hot and they want IT.
At dawn, they think about the whole saga and feel used especially if the guy gets cocky about the whole shenbang.
She wants vengeance and dials 999. . . . . . I WAS RAPED!!!

I knew you'll come in and change the whole topic.
but you're right
dunno about the percentage though
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Geniall: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ topic

What?
Then why is it called rape? Me understandeth not this argument. . .
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2008
Queenisha:

I knew you'll come in and change the whole topic.
but you're right
don't know about the percentage though

The percentage should be higher than that. . . .The stat i provided flatters em chics especially in the UK.
Many men make sure babes are 100% up for it before they go all the way.
Sometimes, they have a tape recorder on to avoid any kinda fuckery!!!

@ Geniall,

Once the babe in question whimpers a weak NO. . . . . even after penetration, it is deemed to be RAPE.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Geniall: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Geniall,

Once the babe in question whimpers a weak NO. . . . . even after penetration, it is deemed to be RAPE.

My point is, once it's called "rape", it becomes criminal. So the topic is kind of begging the question.
As to your point, what if the guy says a brisk no, even after penetration, isn't he being raped?  grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
Geniall:

My point is, once it's called "rape", it becomes criminal. So the topic is kind of begging the question.
As to your point, what if the guy says a brisk no, even after penetration, isn't he being raped?  grin

Men are NOT designed to say NO after penetration, senora.
The wetness and warmth of a woman's clutch is so hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. wink
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Start shopping for your strip jump suit and add hand cuff while you are at it.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Geniall: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Too bad they're such numbskulls, always ending up on the losing side.

onyinye2:

Those are free in this part of the world. Full scholarship.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2008
And guys should also know the kind girls they are dealing with. Not everyone who comes batting their eyelashes at you is inviting you to come sex 'em up.

There lies the problem.

Question sisi, would you say a girl should alwauys expect heavy petting to LEAD to sex? If she doesnt wnat it to get past the "heavy makeout session, is it wrong for her to stop it from going further than that?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2008
bia TOH,what's your take on all this discussion
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2008
Geniall:

Too bad they're such numbskulls, always ending up on the losing side.

It aint about being numbskulls.
Testosterone is the KEY.

onyinye2:

U babes forget one thang. . . . .

A woman can switch off at any moment before and even during sex.
For a man, there's a gunline.
Once u let him get to that gunline and refuse. . . . . .U are asking for trouble.
The moral of the story is. . . . . .Don't SMELL what u won't EAT.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Once u let him get to that gunline and refuse. . . . . .You are asking for trouble.
But Mufasa. . . . you are making men sound like untamed creatures. I mean a woman has the right to say NO at any point in time. And the man being understanding must abide by that.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

It aint about being numbskulls.
Testosterone is the KEY.

You babes forget one thang. . . . .

Once u let him get to that gunline and refuse. . . . . .You are asking for trouble.

Gbam!!
Women ought to start taking responsibility.
And stop playing victim in cases where they obviously contributed
they are more likely to get STD's from a man than a man is to get it from them.
They end up with the unwanted pregnancies and often end up alone raising the kids and cursing the man.
Isn't it just simple common sense that the ought to guard their "Jerusalems" more jealosly?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
Geniall:

That is being pedantic .Of course,in the strict sense of the word,rape is by definition criminal.

For me rape, in the pedestrian sense of the word, arises at anytime consent to penetration is denied to the knowledge of the man irrespective of the surrounding circumstances.

At worst,we can blame the woman for not taking necessary care in avoiding the rape but can't deny that rape occurred merely on account of a woman's unguardedness. If a man was to walk down the streets of Onitsha Main market clutching a transparent bag full of $100 dollar notes and was to be robbed as a result. His bone-headedness wouldn't change the fact that a robbery has occurred. Same applies to rape.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
Queenisha:

Gbam!!
They end up with the unwanted pregnancies and often end up alone raising the kids and cursing the man.
Isn't it just simple common sense that the ought to guard their "Jerusalems" more jealosly?

What exactly is your point? If a woman's behavior contributed to her rape,are you suggesting the rapist should be let off or given a lighter sentence?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
4 Play:

For me rape, in the pedestrian sense of the word, arises at anytime consent to penetration is denied to the knowledge of the man irrespective of the surrounding circumstances.

At worst,we can blame the woman for not taking necessary care in avoiding the rape but can't deny that rape occurred merely on account of a woman's unguardedness. If a man was to walk down the streets of Onitsha Main market clutching a transparent bag full of $100 dollar notes and was to be robbed as a result. His bone-headedness wouldn't change the fact that a robbery has occurred. Same applies to rape.  

Funny example but I agree with you.

Wonder what's to be said about those that take advantage of drunken females. She's drunk so slurred No(s) don't count?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
4 Play:

What exactly is your point? If a woman's behavior contributed to her rape,are you suggesting the rapist should be let off or given a lighter sentence?

I hate it when people just jump into a thread  after several pages without taking time to read the thread. tongue
In this particular case,we're talking of a woman that willingly goes with a man in a secluded area,they turn each other on, he brings out his koboko, sshe maybe even puts it in, then at some point in the act, she remembers she's a choir member and asks him to stop when he's just a couple of minutes from landing.
If he hangs in for arrival, my brother I wouldn't blame him.
She asked for it.
They had reached a point of no return,she ought to deal with it
That is no rape
That is my point
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
Queenisha:

Gbam!!

Please hold a convention and tell these women.
They wanna have their cake and have it!!!!
As soon as a woman gets off. . . . . . She wants to run away thus leaving her partner in turmoil.
Come on. . . . . .blood flows in men's vein not Fanta. tongue
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ Topic

RAPE.

Definition
RAPE - The carnal knowledge of a woman by a man (or vice versa) [size=16pt]forcibly and unlawfully against her will.[/size]

So is rape a crime??
Hells Yeah it is.

Regarding the story posted on this issue, I still say it is rape, but.  .   .   .

Onlike other forms of rape where the other partner was taken totally unaware, date rape (where no drug or sedatives were used) although is still rape, but is not as bad as , , , So we can just call date rape (consentual unwilling rape).  undecided
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
I don't think any sane person in Govt in the civilised world still debates whether rape has occurred where a woman has communicated her lack of consent irrespective of the circumstances.

The only grey area is what happens where the woman is not in a position to give consent for reasons of intoxication or mental incapacity.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by idupaul: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2008
so is there anything like justified rape?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:00am On Sep 02, 2008
his koboko, sshe maybe even puts it in, then at some point in the act

and if the No No starts before that?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:01am On Sep 02, 2008
idupaul:

so is there anything like justified rape?
If it was justified. . . . then how was it rape?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:02am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

and if the No No starts before that?

Of course that is rape.
no questions asked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ondo: Three CAC Worshippers Missing As Kidnappers Demand ₦50M Ransom / Wickedness - 8 Men Slept With Me Daily, Girl, 13, Reveals / Two Arrested With $250,000, Gold Nuggets Worth N34 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.