Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Rape Isn't Always Criminal - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Isn't Always Criminal (9002 Views)

Yinka Mafe With 15 Criminal Cases — Police. Who Is Using Him? / Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:03am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

I hate it when people just jump into a thread  after several pages without taking time to read the thread. tongue
In this particular case,we're talking of a woman that willingly goes with a man in a secluded area,they turn each other on, he brings out his koboko, sshe maybe even puts it in, then at some point in the act, she remembers she's a choir member and asks him to stop when he's just a couple of minutes from landing.
If he hangs in for arrival, my brother I wouldn't blame him.
She asked for it.
They had reached a point of no return,sghe ought to deal with it
That is my point

So a woman has no right to deny access to her body at any time she chooses because the man has no self-control?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Geniall: 12:03am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

The only grey area is what happens where the woman is not in a position to give consent for reasons of intoxication or mental incapacity.  

And in such a case it cannot be rightly called rape until it is established that consent was not given.
idupaul:

so is there anything like justified rape?

No, provided that the term "rape" is used correctly and in the right context.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:04am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

The only grey area is what happens where the woman is not in a position to give consent for reasons of intoxication or mental incapacity.  

How is that a grey area. I've yet to hear of a case of the victim being drunk or mentally slow and the perpetrator isnt charged.

Btw date rapes USUALLY involves sedatives so how is it the girl's fault again? For not drinking water? Im confused here.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

I hate it when people just jump into a thread  after several pages without taking time to read the thread. tongue
In this particular case,we're talking of a woman that willingly goes with a man in a secluded area,they turn each other on, he brings out his koboko, sshe maybe even puts it in, then at some point in the act, she remembers she's a choir member and asks him to stop when he's just a couple of minutes from landing.
If he hangs in for arrival, my brother I wouldn't blame him.
She asked for it.
They had reached a point of no return,she ought to deal with it
That is no rape
That is my point

u r right
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 12:05am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

Of course that is rape.
no questions asked.

U must be very intelligent.

Some women say NO after penetration and still scream RAPE.
Counsellors come in, take swabs and finds the man's body fluids in the babe's canal.
One minute a man is in his yard sipping cristalz, the next minute he is being shipped to jail because of a woman's EVIL ways.
It's pathetic.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:08am On Sep 02, 2008
Geniall:

And in such a case it cannot be rightly called rape until it is established that consent was not given.

Perhaps,but there are moves to place the burden of establishing consent on the man in such contexts. Effectively,a man having sex with a drunken woman would be deemed to have raped her unless he can prove that she gave a valid consent.

Queenisha:

Of course that is rape.
no questions asked.
You are confused. Incongruity between your old fashioned Onitsha mentality and the sheer horror of rape.  tongue  grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:09am On Sep 02, 2008
Geniall:

If a retarded person says Yes then it's ok to sleep with them considering the fact \mopre likely then not they probably don't even know what intercourse is?

and for someone who is drunk. WHO CARES if Yes is said? Their thinking capacity is IMPAIRED.

What is wrong with you people?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:11am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

How is that a grey area. I've yet to hear of a case of the victim being drunk or mentally slow and the perpetrator isnt charged.

Btw date rapes USUALLY involves sedatives so how is it the girl's fault again? For not drinking water? I'm confused here.

It's a grey area if,as often happens,the man is also intoxicated. Where a man uses sedatives without the consent of the woman with the intent to procure intercourse,that is clearly rape.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by idupaul: 12:12am On Sep 02, 2008
I think am working to hard.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

It's a grey area if,as often happens,the man is also intoxicated.

No what often happens is the guy has the girl drink more than she can handle where as he's still stable.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

If a [b]retarded person [/b]says
Hehehhe grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:13am On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

You must be very intelligent.

Some women say NO after penetration and still scream RAPE.
Counsellors come in, take swabs and finds the man's body fluids in the babe's canal.
One minute a man is in his yard sipping cristalz, the next minute he is being shipped to jail because of a woman's EVIL ways.
It's pathetic.
You get what you gonna get. If the broad said[b] NO[/b], and you continued. . . . . you basically said [b]YES [/b]for jail.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Geniall: 12:14am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

If a retarded person says Yes then it's ok to sleep with them considering the fact \mopre likely then not they probably don't even know what intercourse is?

LOL, point taken. But you do know that the mental state of such a person has to be established first of all, don't you?

and for someone who is drunk. WHO CARES if Yes is said? Their thinking capacity is IMPAIRED.

So everyone that has sex while drunk is potentially being raped. I can already see all sorts of opportunities there  grin

What is wrong with you people?

My, what indignation!  cheesy
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:16am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

No what often happens is the guy has the girl drink more than she can handle where as he's still stable.

Quite frankly,once the Police check their alcohol blood level and its broadly similar,it probably won't suffice to claim that men can handle a drink better than women.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 12:16am On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

You get what you going to get. If the broad said[b] NO[/b], and you continued. . . . . you basically said [b]YES [/b]for jail.

Onyinye, u dunno know what u are talking about and i don't blame you.
U haven't BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:18am On Sep 02, 2008
LOL, point taken. But you do know that the mental state of such a person has to be established first of all, don't you?

By a simple Hello, obviously.

The guy looking to screw would know about her mental state from the beginning, it's the fact that he decides to ignore that makes him a criminal.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:19am On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

Onyinye, u don't know know what u are talking about and i don't blame you.
You haven't BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.
Truly Questionable lipsrsealed. . . . . .
Anyways that is RAPE. Simply as that. No questions asked. 10 to 20. So is a few minutes of pleasure worth your freedom?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:20am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

Quite frankly,once the Police check their alcohol blood level and its broadly similar,it probably won't suffice to claim that men can handle a drink better than women.

Depends on the lawyer wink
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by idupaul: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2008
Ok  can Brad pitt be said to have raped a girl?

No, because we all know that 90% of women wont mind humping him. so any woman that does not consent to humping must have issues.

I think rape is when an agbero forcefully penetrates Olga Kurylenko grin
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 02, 2008
idupaul:

I think rape is when an agbero forcefully penetrates Olga Kurylenko grin
cheesy
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Geniall: 12:22am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

Not as obvious as you think. You'd be surprised at the many varieties of mental states that interfere with the ability to think rationally.

The guy looking to screw would know about her mental state from the beginning, it's the fact that he decides to ignore that makes him a criminal.

Well, see my post above. Mental incapacity is not always immediately obvious, and is even less so when you're sodden.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Hannibal: 12:22am On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

Truly Questionable lipsrsealed. . . . . .
Anyways that is RAPE. Simply as that. No questions asked. 10 to 20. So is a few minutes of pleasure worth your freedom?

The court has to prove it.
Every move that led to the act would be heard by the jury and they would decide if the act was commited or u were just being silly.
Let it be known that only 5% actually get convicted.
The 5% being the stranger kind of rape where an unknown person attacks a woman and take advantage.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by debosky(m): 12:22am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

I do not agree with this - what if the guy was drunk as well? wasn't his own judgment impaired? So two people make impaired judgments under the force of alcohol - he wants sex and she says yes with 'impaired' judgment. That is absolutely no rape. You can't blame the man if they both made a mistake.

Any woman who says yes while 'drunk' and claims rape after is not serious, learn to handle your alcohol.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2008
Geniall:

Not as obvious as you think. You'D be surprised at the many varieties of mental states that interfere with the ability to think rationally.

There's a reason why I said mentally retarded.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

Depends on the lawyer  wink

The prosecutor will be a state lawyer and state lawyers are not exactly the best. Meanwhile the defendant has probably lined up a lawyer who could have gotten Hitler off the hook.

That is usually why rape complaints leading to convictions are abysmally low. . . .probably between 5-10% . The burden of proof is substantial because it's often a case of "he says,she says".
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 12:25am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

You are confused. Incongruity between your old fashioned Onitsha mentality and the sheer horror of rape.  tongue  grin

Udi n'eke udi!
wait till your madam shouts no in the middle after saying yes
any man that can withdraw and come down, was certainly never at attention in the first place.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by idupaul: 12:25am On Sep 02, 2008
Any woman who says yes while 'drunk' and claims rape after is not serious, learn to handle your alcohol.

true
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:26am On Sep 02, 2008
debosky:

I do not agree with this - what if the guy was drunk as well? wasn't his own judgment impaired? So two people make impaired judgments under the force of alcohol - he wants sex and she says yes with 'impaired' judgment. That is absolutely no rape. You can't blame the man if they both made a mistake.

Did you read what you quoted, Batman! Oniranu. That comment was made in regards to a metally retarded female, not drunk
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 12:26am On Sep 02, 2008
debosky:

Any woman who says yes while 'drunk' and claims rape after [b]is not serious, [/b]learn to handle your alcohol.
This is a Court Case waiting to happen. . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by 4Play(m): 12:27am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

Udi n'eke udi!
wait till your madam shouts no in the middle after saying yes
any man can withdraw and come down, I'm certain he was never at attention in the first place.

Personally,any little sign that the woman isn't into the act squelches my sexual desire instantly.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:28am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

The prosecutor will be a state lawyer and state lawyers are not exactly the best. Meanwhile the defendant has probably lined up a lawyer who could have gotten Hitler off the hook.

If it's a brazen feminist lawyer looking for a nice scapegoat, you better believe he's going to jail.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by KarmaMod(f): 12:29am On Sep 02, 2008
4 Play:

Personally,any little sign that the woman isn't into the act squelches my sexual desire instantly.

Cos you're normal

Never understood those who still have sex KNOWING that the other person isnt enjoying it. Almsot like the rationale of a pedophile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Indian Lady Leads 7 Man Robbery Gang In Lagos (pictured) / Ondo: Three CAC Worshippers Missing As Kidnappers Demand ₦50M Ransom / Wickedness - 8 Men Slept With Me Daily, Girl, 13, Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.