Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Men And Their Periods! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Periods! (5544 Views)

6 Ways To Handle Your Girlfriend’s Mood Swings During Periods / 14 Things That Would Be Different If Men Had Periods. / Why do beautiful ladies end up with ugly men(and vice versa)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Periods! by misssexyu(f): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
wht d heck ar u guyz talkin bout?am not even following ,evn after reading d thread over nd over again pls can som1 xplain, am just floating.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by bami1(m): 2:11pm On Sep 02, 2008
@POST

just stopped by again to see if a few other chaps would admit they go thru this "period" and see if i can learn how they handle it. unfortunately, d place seems to av turned into a battle ground.

sometimes we can talk a whole load of gibberish in d name of masculinity.

i know they'll crucify me now. tongue
Re: Men And Their Periods! by spikedcylinder: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
_bami:

@POST

just stopped by again to see if a few other chaps would admit they go through this "period" and see if i can learn how they handle it. unfortunately, d place seems to av turned into a battle ground.

sometimes we can talk a whole load of gibberish in d name of masculinity.

i know they'll crucify me now. tongue

This is the first time I will see you making sense.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by iice(f): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

we don't want apology oh. . .
a sensible explanation is what we want

Me sef, don't need explanation, just tell me say hin go disappear before he takes off and am cool.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by bami1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

This is the first time I will see you making sense.

Means u've not been following my posts.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by spikedcylinder: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
_bami:

Means u've not been following my posts.

Are you not the one that called me a bold Jamaican? Oh, I know you.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by bami1(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Are you not the one that called me a bold Jamaican? Oh, I know you.

ok ok, i admit dat was a bad joke wink

we cool now
Re: Men And Their Periods! by sistawoman: 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2008
I agree that men also suffer from PMS.

I really dont care about the disappearing and would for sure prefer if some of them would just disappear when they PMS instead of calling me up to bitch on the phone to me.

Because I really am the disappearing type of chick.  It is best to catch me in between tasks if you want to talk to me and to have your thoughts, suggectons and questions organized and ready to present in a short 3-5 mins conversation.  The only time I am looking for long convos is really when something major is going on or i really just have some down time.

My friends complain sometimes that I disappear but they have learnt to take it with stride.  If they get really worried they will send a text or urgent VM and I will respond that i am ok.  For them to get that all is well and they know they will hear from me when they hear from me.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Good rant though . . . i have to give it to ya.
Do men have mood swings? Yeah we do . . . deal with it just like we have to put up with menstrual cramps.

Thanks sis, i had a good laugh this morning. grin
Re: Men And Their Periods! by diehard(m): 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
The reason most ladies will never understand why guys behave that way is because "it's a man's thing". Most men like to have a breathing space without having to explain why and get emotional about it. It's a time when they want to get in touch with their own personality (or masculinity). How and when they chose to do so is affected by the influences in their life while they were growing up.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
Why are you chicks rantin? U invented the mood swing thing. Me think, you people fell slightef when a guy suddenly doesn,t make you the centre of attraction any longer?

How many times do we guys meet girls who are so cheerful at first and later become hostile and bitchy? We dont go about ranting, we take it like men.

@ poster, get a life and stop this male PMS bullshit. It even sounds disgusting associating MEN with periods and stuff. That shit is for women and women only.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hehehe someone's in a mood. cheesy
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Bastino(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
i think ladies fail to keep up shapes and performances. an example is after giving birth
Re: Men And Their Periods! by sistawoman: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
Bastino:

i think ladies fail to keep up shapes and performances. an example is after giving birth

What the hell does this have to do with yall having PMS??
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Hannibal: 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2008
sistawoman:

What the hell does this have to do with yall having PMS??

Very good question.

The OP is a clown. Men and periods?? Is she a comedian?
Of course, a man has to be a man and when i feel a woman is constituting a nuisance, i cut her loose.
Afterall, women are like toys to a toddler.
He picks em up when he NEEDS em and he drops the toys when he is bored.
What has mood swings gotta do with cutting a woman loose??
This topic is just FUBAR. angry angry angry
Re: Men And Their Periods! by eldee(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

It is well known and accepted the women’s PMS make them act crazy, most of us accept this and find no shame in this. I’ve got news for u, men also have periods and suffer from PMS. . . how else r we to explain their crazy and senseless behaviour sometimes (they too can't explain it if u ask). What I find most irritating is that you're friends with a guy (sometimes, a relationship is the last thing on your mind), u guys hang out and talk all the time. He calls regularly, can't get enough of talking to u and hanging out with u. . . then he goes cold turkey, no communication whatsoever, starts avoiding u even, dosnttake your calls, no reply to messages. . . Rather than stress too much, I move on accepting the ride has come to an end. . .  What pisses me off is that the bastards come back after they’ve had their fill, acting like nothing happened and expecting to carry on from where you stopped.

Dude, u just don’t cut a sista off without explanation and expect to be forgiven when you're done menstruating. . . the sad part is the bastards don’t even accept the fact that that kind of behaviour is not civilised. The least u cld do is give a sister some warning and we will go off and get a pedicure or something. Another thing is their silly and childish rants about nothing whatsoever, after hours of sulking, they snap out of it and expects things to go back to normal.
You call it PMSing, we call it needing some space, catching a breather
It's obvious he's been tied down and he needs sum time to live
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Hannibal: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2008
eldee:

You call it PMSing, we call it needing some space, catching a breather
It's obvious he's been tied down and he needs sum time to live

They forget men have their own needs too.
U expect me to attend to a girl friend when i am crinking me own chick??
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Busta(f): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

You expect me to attend to a girl friend when i am crinking me own chick??

what does that even mean?
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Hannibal: 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
Busta:

what does that even mean?

Use ur church mind. tongue
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Busta(f): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

Use your church mind. tongue

lol. . . tried but my church mind seems to be telling me something different.

Ashawo!!
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Hannibal: 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
Busta:

lol. . . tried but my church mind seems to be telling me something different.

Ashawo!!

grin cheesy grin Crinking means spending some time alone with ma chic. tongue
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Busta(f): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

grin cheesy grin Crinking means spending some time alone with ma chic. tongue

seen!!
Re: Men And Their Periods! by zenithprof(m): 8:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
HEY NAIRALANDERS LATEST NEWS ON HOW TO CHECK UNILAG UME RESULTS:
Log on to www.unilag.edu.ng
Once the home page opens look at your left hand corner,
Locate "prospective students" and click on it,a drop down menu will appear
Locate "post JAMB" and click on it
It will open at another page where you will be prompt to enter your "UME REGISTRATION NUMBER ONLY".
Enter it and click on SEARCH
I wish you sucess,
Re: Men And Their Periods! by onyinye2(f): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

You expect me to attend to a girl friend when i am crinking me own chick??
But why doesn't the dude say that before hand? undecided Instead of leaving a sistah hanging undecided Seems sort of selfish if you ask me.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Pataki: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

First things I must warn that I am going to do some major generalising. ,   can’t be helped because I hav met a few guys with this problem as well as heard a number of complaints from friends and acquaintances.

It is well known and accepted the women’s PMS make them act crazy, most of us accept this and find no shame in this. I’ve got news for u, men also have periods and suffer from PMS. . . how else r we to explain their crazy and senseless behaviour sometimes (they too can't explain it if u ask). What I find most irritating is that you're friends with a guy (sometimes, a relationship is the last thing on your mind), u guys hang out and talk all the time. He calls regularly, can't get enough of talking to u and hanging out with u. . . then he goes cold turkey, no communication whatsoever, starts avoiding u even, dosnttake your calls, no reply to messages. . . Rather than stress too much, I move on accepting the ride has come to an end. . .  What pisses me off is that the bastards come back after they’ve had their fill, acting like nothing happened and expecting to carry on from where you stopped.

Dude, u just don’t cut a sista off without explanation and expect to be forgiven when you're done menstruating. . . the sad part is the bastards don’t even accept the fact that that kind of behaviour is not civilised. The least u cld do is give a sister some warning and we will go off and get a pedicure or something. Another thing is their silly and childish rants about nothing whatsoever, after hours of sulking, they snap out of it and expects things to go back to normal.

“How come u don’t love me the way u used to?” sweety i don't love u differently, you're just acting crazy right now

“why are u still friends with that person?” that person happens to be your cousin and u introduced us, just because u don't like her right now doesnt mean i should stop being friends with her, u'll like her again tomorrow

“who is that guy and why is he looking at u that way?” i don't knw that guy and he's proabably lookin at me that way because i look stunning, take a second look and see for yourself

I‘ve had to deal with this kind of behaviour from boyfriends, friends and my brother. I’m just sick of it quite frankly. . . u guys claim to be masters of the universe, well try acting like it! angry angry angry angry angry

Where do I even start from? undecided

PMS is not attributed to the male species. Based on that fact alone, this topic is an outright fallacy. Moving on further, every human being is entitled to mood swings. I have my moments where no one else must interfere and I expect whoever it is to keep to my rules and stay within the radius I have placed either him or her.

A guy does not just shut out a lady for no reasons. There must have been a build-up of events to the abrupt shutting her out. Every lady I have ever black-listed in my converse with very well deserved to be shut off. Ladies have often times been excellent in blacking out guys for no obvious reasons, so it is not a man's affair in respect to the subject matter.

Also, why attach so much venom of words to when a guy suddenly blacks you out? If you have no emotions for him, it should not be hurtful innit? undecided
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Hannibal: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

But why doesn't the dude say that before hand? undecided Instead of leaving a sistah hanging undecided Seems sort of selfish if you ask me.

Say what?? Tell u beforehand that i am going on vacation with ma gurlfriend??
Pumbaa, are u kidding me?
Re: Men And Their Periods! by onyinye2(f): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

Say what?? Tell u beforehand that i am going on vacation with ma girlfriend??
Pumbaa, are u kidding me?
What im saying Mufasa. . . . is that instead of leaving the girl hanging, why not tell the woman that you can't be as close as you once were. That you want to spend more of your time with your gf.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
The morale of the the thread is Never be friends with men. grin grin
Re: Men And Their Periods! by onyinye2(f): 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
stillwater:

The morale of the the thread is Never be friends with men. grin grin
Naw. . . . most men are great friends. In fact my very best friends just so happen to be men. If a guy just gives you the silent treatment out of no where. . . i really would have to judge the friendship in the first place.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2008
First things I must warn that I am going to do some major generalising. , can’t be helped because I hav met a few guys with this problem as well as heard a number of complaints from friends and acquaintances.

It is well known and accepted the women’s PMS make them act crazy, most of us accept this and find no shame in this. I’ve got news for u, men also have periods and suffer from PMS. . . how else r we to explain their crazy and senseless behaviour sometimes (they too can't explain it if u ask). What I find most irritating is that you're friends with a guy (sometimes, a relationship is the last thing on your mind), u guys hang out and talk all the time. He calls regularly, can't get enough of talking to u and hanging out with u. . . then he goes cold turkey, no communication whatsoever, starts avoiding u even, dosnttake your calls, no reply to messages. . . Rather than stress too much, I move on accepting the ride has come to an end. . . What pisses me off is that the bastards come back after they’ve had their fill, acting like nothing happened and expecting to carry on from where you stopped.

“How come u don’t love me the way u used to?” sweety i don't love u differently, you're just acting crazy right now

“why are u still friends with that person?” that person happens to be your cousin and u introduced us, just because u don't like her right now doesnt mean i should stop being friends with her, u'll like her again tomorrow

“who is that guy and why is he looking at u that way?” i don't knw that guy and he's proabably lookin at me that way because i look stunning, take a second look and see for yourself

I‘ve had to deal with this kind of behaviour from boyfriends, friends and my brother. I’m just sick of it quite frankly. . . u guys claim to be masters of the universe, well try acting like it!

Yet another classic example of a woman going through Post Menstrual Syndrome (PMS).
Re: Men And Their Periods! by onyinye2(f): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
Okija_juju:

Yet another classic example of a woman going through Post Menstrual Syndrome (PMS).
You can't really put the blame on PMS. . . . . i think she actually has a point.
Re: Men And Their Periods! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
onyinye2:

Naw. . . . most men are great friends. In fact my very best friends just so happen to be men. If a guy just gives you the silent treatment out of no where. . . i really would have to judge the friendship in the first place.

That was just a personal joke. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Ladies Are Fu;ck;ing Wicked / Here Are The Ways To Find Out Whether A Boy Is Virgin Or Not / How To Pleasure Your Man In Bed...married Women's Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.