Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (65679 Views)

Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2006
you ever heard the saying, once you go black un never go back,

let me asure you,the majority of german ladies would not even TALK to an african man,because in germany you are NOBODY for many germans,

only women who was with a black man before will give you a chance.

I shake my head when I see old ladies with their 20 yo younger man,

defenitely you african guys are more charming as german men, right after amican men of course,

but a normal german lady wants a secure life, means: a man who has his steady income and social life

I know many german females with 4 kids and all 4 are from different black men (well at least 4 guys are having legal stay here now ,because they PRODUCE a baby here) , those ladies are desperated,and that is when an african man get his chance to step in.

a german lady with an african husband will hardly get respected in germany, but of course they wont tell in your face,people do it behind your back.let a mixed couple go find an appartment to rent here, or finding a job for the black husband, it is hell!!

but all this has nothing to do with being CHARMING, because just being charming might be fun in bed ,but for sure it wont feed your mouth .many african man are still something EXOTIC for a white lady,but very often behind closed doors and not as a husband,

anymore questions? feel free to ask.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by clocky(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2006
GermanuLady u seem to be talking from experience. why is there so much racism in Germany i have been therebe4 and i just dont like the vibes i get over there would never go there again
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2006
clocky:

GermanuLady u seem to be talking from experience. why is there so much racism in Germany i have been therebe4 and i just don't like the vibes i get over there would never go there again

that question I can't answer.

It depends on where in germany you have been.I live in southwest part and I never had any problems here with my exhusband (black american),but as an american you get treated different here anyway, regardless of the colour od your skin.americans are mor welcome here.

most africans here are on asylum status ,so that means the german government is paying you guys some money every moth to live here until they send you back home or granted your legal stay.

and that money comes from the german taxpayer,people who work for their living.so of course they don't like it when they see where their money is going to.

if I tell you african people are the lowest seen people in germany I am not lying.and that is the reason why most german women don't want to be seen with an african man.

racism in the usa is even worse,I thought it was bad in germany ,but I saw the differnce when i was in the us (some parts down south)
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2006
GermanLady:

most africans here are on asylum status ,so that means the german government is paying you guys some money every moth to live here until they send you back home or granted your legal stay.

and that money comes from the german taxpayer,people who work for their living.so of course they don't like it when they see where their money is going to.

most German people are ignorant.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2006
so how many german people do you know then? have you lived in germany before?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2006
I lived in Germany for ten years, while working for the American army.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2006
German Lady, if African men are so bad, why don't German women stay away?

What don't they just take care of their kids by themselves?

I don't condone bad behavior but women need to do better (i.e. treat themselves better) not look for an African man.

Very interesting insights though. . .how about African women & German men? No worries. I have my 'green card'. wink
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by clocky(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2006
african women are tough nuts to crack tongue
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2006
German women are the best in Europe though. cool Love them.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by nico(m): 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2006
My Step-Aunt's friend made arrangement to marry a US Citizen
But on the day of their marriage, FBI busted into the Church and had them arrested
Someone tipped the FBI
And my Step-Aunt's friend was deported back to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2006
chinani:

German Lady, if African men are so bad, why don't German women stay away?

What don't they just take care of their kids by themselves?

I don't condone bad behavior but women need to do better (i.e. treat themselves better) not look for an African man.

Very interesting insights though. . .how about African women & German men? No worries. I have my 'green card'. wink

Chinani,I am far away from saying african men are bad.I know some very good ones as well.

but if you see how they behave here in my country ,you would not like it either.

they are in a situation  here where they can never tell a woman straight what they want and who they are,they lie and tell they are from Liberia .I am sure everyone (in africa) knows the reason,but most german young girs have no idea why her african boyfriend LOVES her so quick and want to get married or impregnant her and get divorced after a certain time because HE DON'T NEED HER ANYMORE.

since we have that new law in germany ,if you have a child with a german woman ,that is your STAY in germany!

so you might be able to imagine what's going on here and that behavior is not much liked.plus it is not fair to the lady or the kids.it's a lie from the get go!

about african women /german men ? I have no idea ,I don't know any african ladies .
I'm sure german men have a different reason why they marry an african lady.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2006
omonozozo:

German women are the best in Europe though. cool Love them.

you got me a bit puzzled omonozozo,here you say german women are the best in europe and you love them and some postings above you said most germans are ignorant.

that makes no sense at all,you sound contravers.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2006
OIC GermanLady. Wasn't trying to attack you & like I said I don't condone bad behaviour. I'm just surprised German woman don't decide to look elsewhere, like to German men etc. Never been to Germany but I know it's got to have men.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2006
Ignorant is not negative. It means there are things you do not bother to know. I love Germans, I have them around me every day.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 11:25pm On Sep 06, 2006
you're a sweetheart smiley

of course we have lots of men here in germany,but they are WHITE.

and I am just refering to ladies that like to be with a black man
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by yemmydavid(m): 2:46am On Sep 07, 2006
i tink ZEBRUDIAH is plannin to do sumtin like dat.he is just askin to find out if he would succeed.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 3:45am On Sep 07, 2006
consipracy theories yemmydavid and the name is ZEBUDAYA . Remember the name!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by gaby(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2006
Well peeps been reading the wonderful postings on here and it suffice me to say that when a thing is wrong its wrong no matter how one tries to justify it.It is very obvious that we all are aware that it is legally and morally wrong getting married for papers or lying about loving a woman when deep down within you,you know you are lying to yourself,the woman or man involved,to the state and also to God.

Most of us here might want to use the situation back home or the unfavourable immigration laws as a justification for such acts and believe me there is just no reason or excuse good enough to justify evil and decept simple.

I truly followed most of Germanlady's postings and believe me i agreed with her on almost all her comments because these are stuffs i see everyday and im like wtf i can't believe this.You can imagine a situation where a guy sees a woman the first time and the next word he shoots out from his mouth is I LOVE YOU, How the hell is that possible peeps??this is basically like a standard way for mostly we Nigerian guys asking babes out which is very very wrong and sends a wrong signal.I've got friends also who are married to some white babes for the docs and oh my oh my, you would find its obvious they are just with such a woman for the papers because i don't believe any guy wants a wife who's ugly,too fat for words and old enough for a grandma, this is simply selling your soul to the devil for a piece of cake.

I have had opportunities dating different babes and perhaps because im real with them no pretences and most of them at one time or the other ask me for marriage each time they know i needed the papers but i have always refused and i have ended my relationships because of that to different babes because i can't imagine myself pretending to be married when i know im truly not married.Most of my friends think im sick in the head but i tell them nope that just isnt me, but where are we today have i gotten my papers or not ofcourse i did and i have saved myself all the B.S that comes along with been with a woman for the sake of papers.

This is basically a personal opinion didnt mean to offend anyone here, I would prefer to remain illegal than decive myself marrying for papers.

Thanks y'all,
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2006
Gaby that's an honorable stance, There is nothing wrong with what you are doing, but I also believe that sometimes when one is between a jagged rock and a hard place one has to do what one has to do. However I really believe if one marries a chick for the paper he should be totally honest, there's no need saying "I love you" and it's a lie. So at least she knows what she's getting herself into.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2006
I feel sorry for all this mixed kids that are produced for just ONE reason, for the papers!

that's another aspect ,not to forget about.

and I know many of them,you can see them everywhere here and when you ask where the father is - well he is gone,sad sad  embarassed

that's why I preach to each and every african men I meet here in my country,if you need a woman to get papers,get one you REALLY LOVE within your heart.that way you will be a happy husband and your family is respecting you and you're not just an USER and LAWBREAKER, never forget an HEARTBREAKER as well.

that safes you money,pain and health/stress.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2006
you keep mentioning mixed kids paper marriages aren't there people who take care of their Kids. My cousin is 30 her mother is german, she lives in germany but she visits Nigeria every year, and she has reasonably good relationships with the extended family!
so all's well.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2006
out of how many?

I see things every day here.Of course there are menthat takes care of their kids,but I see more single /divorced white women here with mixed kids than happily married ones.MOST fathers are gone andthe mother is raising her kids alone and the husband that LOVED her from the first minute on they have met is married to another white woman or ist getting his black girlfriend from nigeria. I just wish they would play with open card before they have kids.

I can't give you no exact numbers,I can only go by what I see and experience.sure there are always exeptions .
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2006
GermanLady:

you're a sweetheart smiley

of course we have lots of men here in germany,but they are WHITE.

and I am just refering to ladies that like to be with a black man
OIC. cheesy
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2006
You see what you want to see. If you want to see mixed kids from broken homes, and whose fathers have left them you would see that. I am very sure that there are responsible African men who fall in love and marry the person they want to marry and are living hapily with their families. You just don't want to believe it happens and when it does you say it's an exception.

You are just perpertuating a stereotype that the foriegner is only there to rape, steal, and pillage your resources. I have given you an example of my german cousin who visits us every year even though her parents have not being together for the past 25 years, what more do you want? Please give the African a chance if he/she messes up then criticize and punish all you want, but you refuse to give them the chance. Ohh they just want paper

Aren't there german fathers who leave their wives and Kids. You are just being very pessimistic look on the bright side it won't hurt your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2006
It is true that the mixed-race kids in Germany are disoriented. Very sad indeed. sad cry
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2006
omonozozo:

It is true that the mixed-race kids in Germany are disoriented. Very sad indeed. sad cry

disoriented? nawwww,I would n't call it THAT.

they are just more used to the german way of life then of their fathers country.so they feel more german then african/american

unless the mother can try to teach them some things as far as this is possible for a white woman.

that means a white woman have to be into the african/american culture,so they can help the kids to understand better.

alot of german women have never been with a black man before they meet their babies daddy,so how could they know about their culture?

many ladies are aware of the kids fathers culture though and they are trying their best.

so you see it varies very much - knowledge is the key
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by tundeonas1: 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2006
nothing really wrong with that so far is true love kiss
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2006
zebudaya:

You see what you want to see. If you want to see mixed kids from broken homes, and whose fathers have left them you would see that. I am very sure that there are responsible African men who fall in love and marry the person they want to marry and are living hapily with their families. You just don't want to believe it happens and when it does you say it's an exception.

You are just perpertuating a stereotype that the foriegner is only there to rape, steal, and pillage your resources. I have given you an example of my german cousin who visits us every year even though her parents have not being together for the past 25 years, what more do you want? Please give the African a chance if he/she messes up then criticize and punish all you want, but you refuse to give them the chance. Ohh they just want paper

Aren't there german fathers who leave their wives and Kids. You are just being very pessimistic look on the bright side it won't hurt your eyes.

please don't twist the word in my mouth.we are not talking about CHANCES,we're talking about FACTS.

first of all we are talking about african fathers/producers of babies for giving them papers - german men don't need papers,that's why I don't refer to them.that is another different story.

second  I don't talk about rape ,steal and pillage our resources.I am talking about kids,that are missused for only ONE reason ,to give an african man legal papers to stay here.in other words they are missleading german woman just to get their stay, and that I don't tolerate.it is not FAIR.a lie is a lie.god knows it.

just because your cousin is a good example does not mean all is good.

I live in this country for 45 yrs,what do you think you can tell me , what I see and know about african/german relationships here.

you have NO IDEA,sorry to say that.

there are responsible African men who fall in love and marry the person they want to marry and are living happily with their families. of course they exist - but the majority is NOT.and it's not I want to seee what I feel like seing.

it is in the open for all to see who live in this country.I am no judge,but I am a woman and I see how things are going in this case.

out of 100 mixed relationship german /african 90 will fail,and that is a fact not just because I see it that way.why not ask your brothers who got married just for papers?they will tell you the truth.I read it in this forum so many times and I am shocked.

just imagine,we change this story a bit:
let a german man fool with your sister and let him tell her he LOVES her and he want to be with her for the rest of his life ,after they are getting married and have kids ,the man tells her ,sorry now I have my papers to stay in africa ,i want a divorce and bring his german girlfriend here to africa.and he dissapears and leave your sister alone with the kids and a broken heart.

and let this be not only ONE german man,let it be as many men like african men come to germany.maybe you would feel sad and disappointed too for your sisters and the abbandoned kids.sit down and think about it.

I wish it would be different.it would be all good for EVERYONE.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2006
German lady some people get married for papers others get married out of love and if it doesn't work they divorce. What's the divorce rate for German Marriages, are you saying the African man shouldn't and can't divorce his wife if they can't leave together anymore.

I am against MARRYING SOMEONE DISHONESTLY FOR PAPER
I am against STEREOTYPING AFRICANS AS ONE DISHONEST-PAPER HUNGRY-GROUP OF PEOPLE

GermanLady:

just because your cousin is a good example does not mean all is good.

Well all may not be good but there is hope, There are many men who would not do what my uncle did for his kid, He could have run away as soon as he got his papers, nope he went to Germany to see her every year until she was old enough to start taking planes to Nigeria. Even when his ex-wife was giving him hell. Who do you think sent her all the way to university?

GermanLady:

out of 100 mixed relationship german /african 90 will fail,and that is a fact not just because I see it that way.why not ask your brothers who got married just for papers?they will tell you the truth.I read it in this forum so many times and I am shocked.
90% of Relationships fail, that's why most people marry only one person in their lifetime and I believe the divorce rate in germany is above 40%? Almost half of all marriages fail.!

GermanLady:

just imagine,we change this story a bit:
let a german man fool with your sister and let him tell her he LOVES her and he want to be with her for the rest of his life ,after they are getting married and have kids ,the man tells her ,sorry now I have my papers to stay in africa ,i want a divorce and bring his german girlfriend here to africa.and he dissapears and leave your sister alone with the kids and a broken heart.

and let this be not only ONE german man,let it be as many men like african men come to germany.maybe you would feel sad and disappointed too for your sisters and the abbandoned kids.sit down and think about it.
God knows that anybody that's thinking of dating or marrying my sisters would be responsible and wouldn't think of doing such a thing because blood would flow!

I really think you are seeing what you want to see, It's called cultivation effect. You are like the Americans who think most crimes are commited by black people and the prisons are full of black guys lifting heavy weights. Blacks make up 12.7% of the population. America has 300 million people. White people alone make up 70% [/b]of the population, not to talk of latinos who are [b]12.5% can you see who commits the most crime now, can you see who has a higher number of people in prisons but everyone thinks its the black guy who commits the most crimes and has higer population in jail

Another example people see mexicans on the road and scream they are taking our jobs, there are enough jobs for you these people are doing jobs you lazy sonsofb!tches would not do!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2006
@zebudaya

your words: God knows that anybody that's thinking of dating or marrying my sisters would be responsible and wouldn't think of doing such a thing because blood would flow!

ahhhhh now I see you do understand where I'm coming from in this case  smiley it's different when it's your family ,right? so now you get at least an impression how people feel over here.

I am not here to prove anything in  numbers - I have eyes and I see what's going on here with many african men in my country
- and THAT you can't take away from me,cause I LIVE it first hand - and you DO NOT.

yes people get married for different reasons .but FOR PAPERS (and therefore lie to women) is plain mean and selfish.it's a crime and against the law.

you are missing the point,we are not talking about DIVORCE RATE or BLACK MEN IN JAIL (so don't change the subject pls).we STILL talk about getting married for papers.can't you see the difference?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2006
did you read my post? read it carefully, I was not talking about black males in jail. I was just using it to give an example of the cultivation effect: seeing repeated images and hearing same old experiences and then your mind starts to believe it. That's what is happening to you.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2006
as for me I am done with this subject lipsrsealed

moving to the next,because with this one we got stuck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tricycle Driver Gives His Keke Napep A Luxurious Design (Photo, Video) / A Mobile SUV With A Woman On Top Of It Spotted On The Road (Photo) / Photos Of The Two Aircrafts That Colided In Lagos Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.