Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (66373 Views)

Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2006
[b]Hi Zed,

India and Pakistan = stable economies- which outweighs any domestic problems they both respectively have- neither do they have tribal warfares using christianity and islam as cover.

Actually I visited India in 2005 because I have a friend there. I seldom pay attention to television unless it is entertaining - however I do reccomend everyone to read The Guardian (the UK version) and that is my preference when it comes to unbias news reporting.

Yes I'm aware of India's poor but as I stated both China and India are joint partners and collaborators with some African countries in regards to bettering investment: look no further than South Africa as a lead in this. What country hasn't been on the brink of war: Africa is notorious for going one better: they go to war regardless whether its a neighbour or someone domestic- your point?Perhaps the world should add Israel and America and Africa as shining examples of Peace?

Your p.s is some what of a moot point in reflection to 98% of african governments- if there isn't a coup then its not worth taking note of. People love drama.

I believe your sources regarding African Aid are quite mistaken: without the rt of the world you wouldn't be able to set up schools countless of which are set up by NGO's, not to mention health care of a sort with the aid of doctors coming in from all over the globe to help out, the list is not inexhaustive.

I mention nigerans, saudi arabians, Indians, Pakistanis and so on as doing scams- see this is one of the problems in visa failure: people only read what they want to read without reading the whole document or missive.

As I keep opining-- you clearly want someone to blame for your problems. Look no further than Home.

<exits stage left and winks>

[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2006
India has a "stable" economy? shocked

Well that's great. May God Bless Them.

I hope their "stable" economy finds a way to feed the people, end forced prostitution, homelessness & all the rest.

As for the lack of "tribal warfare" it doesn't need any. When you have wealth & power in the hands of the few, the multitude are too busy starving & hustling to survive to have any sort of "warfare". Again, good for them.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2006
@ Mizieya

So what exactly is your point? I still don't understand what you are arguing about, you 're all over the place. Africa's problems are deeper than you think, most African countries are in serious debt, they have to pay off the debt before they can start taking care of their citizens. You are from the U.k, It's just like someone having credit card debt and then having kids to feed and so on. Those that don't have debt have serious wars going on

You also state China and India are joint collaborators with African countries, I guess we should all Jump for joy right, America, England, India, China are buying up Nigerian Oil, china says they have been building our railways for the past 20 years, China also floods our markets with cheap low quality textiles. All this trade, and yet people are broke!
Ghana, South Africa, and Zimbabwe together produce nearly 50% of the worlds gold people are still broke
sierra leone produces diamond people are still broke.

The U.S subsidizes cotton farmers. for instance if it takes 10 dollars to produce cotton from a field, the American government gives the farmers 7 dollars, and then the farmer sells the cotton for 8 dollars, He's making a killing, on the other hand the African farmer pays the 10 dollars out of his pocket, and then tries to sell for 12 so he can make profit, but everybody else says why should i buy from you for 12 dollars while the American is selling for 8, thus the African farmer sells for less, he can't repay the 10 dollars he borrowed and the vicious cycle or poverty continues!!

Mizieya you really need to go www.maketradefair.com, and click on issues so you can learn about fairtrade, that way at least you would gain knowledge instead of blaming the poor for being poor.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 3:18am On Oct 04, 2006
[b]

Dear Perplexed Zeb,

1 When did I say I was blaming the poor for being poor?

2 My point is that at some point Blame needs to be laid on the doorstep of its rightful owner. As I have stated time and time again: other ex colonies have managed to get their act together: regardless of their countries governmental corruption.

3 I also stated clearly that other countries have helped Africa by sending doctors, making NGO's that help the community ie education, schools etc etc- as I stated before if you don't read a whole document or in this case a post then you're not going to understand and fail quite dramatically.

4 You naively think that because I live in Britain that I have no idea: I have seen for myself the state of different countries such as Gambia, India, and Pakistan: I like to travel. However, you yourself stated in an earlier post that you wish that the G8 and other countries would stop helping Africa: in fact your sentiment is echoed in a few African Tabloids and by a few African Leaders.

5 The Debt is world known, and if I recall it was already halved by joint agreement by the richer nations. To get out of debt is to get government to function properly: as it is- it is an up hill struggle because the mindset and governance is based on Suzerainty. Hence the Problem of Tribal Feuds masquerading as clashes between Christian and Muslim. In fact there are parallels here between the current African Disposition and the Suzerainity of Germany before that country managed to become a whole one.

5a) Even if there were not a debt to pay off- the chances are very high that the present state of affairs in Africa would still be there: namely because of Bad Management.

6 You say all this trade and yet people are broke: that still doesn't give any man or woman the right to abuse others just because at the end of the day: there is not a strong government, there is not a good driving leadership to get out of the rut- it effects the people: your own citizens say "oh we cannot do this, or do that here- this is Africa - not the UK, or America."

7 Zeb I guess if you say something often enough - eventually the lie becomes a false truth - lets practice this: Repeat after me "there are no gays and lesbians in Africa, there is no AIDS, there are no AIDS villages, there are no Tribal Feuds, Nigeria IS a rich and healthy and happy country, there are no 419ers, there are no rapes, it is a model of excellence and the judeo christian god jointly blesses Africa with the Islamic god: it is Utopia, "

8 Regarding the Farmers: the only way to get out of a vicious circle is by breaking the cycle and that leads back to Management: government. I agree that the whole set up is unfair, but then it is not unprecedented for the poorer countries to say NO- look at the last WTO meeting where China and other countries said no to the manipulation from the richer countries, If South Africa can stand on it's feet and strongly play in the International Arena despite its domestic problems - why can't other African countries?

I simply don't see any excuses.

9 Back to the original topic: just because there is poverty doesn't give any one the right to use or play on anothers vulnerability to get from A to B. I have talked with many Nigerians, and Ghanians and Gambians regarding their approach to life: they claim that the richer countries owe them - because of colonialism. They bracket not just the whites who live in the West but also the Blacks. In fact- I have had a few people say t me that even if someone is conning another person and you know they are conning them; it's ok because 'you should help a brother" - right, so lets just allow everyone to get away with crimes. Everyone is fair game for targeting. Apparently everyone else is to blame for the hardship in Africa except, Africans in Africa, how cosy and comfortable a spiel to spin. So in a nutshell it's all about Pay Back.

I find Pay Back tends to be a Bitch, and she and I are on a first name basis.

10 They justify the monetary and love scams because of this 'debt'. I find it ironic that we (the west) are enabling internet fraud even more so by equipping people with computers and training people to use them - which is a similar way as to how Osama managed to bite the hand that fed him, however I digress,

11 I agree that Africa's problems are deep- the chord that binds it together is Religion: Islam, Christianity and sandwhiched in between the two is the Tribal Clan and all that goes with it. However- none of Africas problems justifies the colourful internet scams in their myriad forms.

[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 3:35am On Oct 04, 2006
chinani
Insert Quote
India has a "stable" economy? Shocked

Well that's great. May God Bless Them.

I hope their "stable" economy finds a way to feed the people, end forced prostitution, homelessness & all the rest.

As for the lack of "tribal warfare" it doesn't need any. When you have wealth & power in the hands of the few, the multitude are too busy starving & hustling to survive to have any sort of "warfare". Again, good for them.

[color=#550000]Clearly god doesn't bless any country: a myth that I choose to dispel. What India probably needs most are contraceptives- as well as sex education, but then thats applicable to almost any where, end forced prostitution, sure why not as long as your country takes the lead in ending exploitation, child labour, homelessness, poverty and most importantly the negative impact that the patriarchal religions have on the populace.

Name one country that works on the basis of a Cooperative- when you find one- come back to me on your pointless issue of wealth and power in the hands of the few. Perhaps you should teach America the values of equality, and high standard of living for all including the ghetto, New Orleans and so on, wealth and power can always be taken away from people,
[/color]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2006
@Mizieya
*Eye Roll* My point wasn't that America was "king". In fact it's obvious that you mentioned that as a cheap tactic to draw attn away from your ideas. Furthermore I mentioned "weath & power" b/c those 2 should be dispered & in that way it ensures full bellies & political/personal agency (enfranchisement). In fact, I think that no country escapes certain ills & rather than say "Yippe no tribal warfare" a person should seek to improve the country's situation if he/she esteems it. But go ahead and talk about India. I sure it's what you're good for.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2006
Chin some free Advice: never hint or profess to be someone elses mind reader.

Thanks for your permission that I can go ahead and talk about India: I may even venture and talk about other countries as well, like Africa, Argentina, America - hey lets just go through the alphabet,

Cheap shot?: when you open the doors don't complain when replies you do not like come back at you.

Ideology doesn't make full bellies or indeed stop forced prostitution, child labour and other issues both of us have mentioned, perhaps because you feel inadequate you may wish to resolve self esteem issues and do as christians have done: be a Missionary in foreign lands (preferably the poorer countries) and personally enable communities to live better lives - you could become the female messiah of hope that the world has been waiting for - all powerful and dressed to kill in your size fives!

So I'm guessing you married for a greencard, or are a product of such a union?

<meows softly>

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2006
MIZIEYA:

Chin some free Advice: never hint or profess to be someone elses mind reader.

Thanks for your permission that I can go ahead and talk about India: I may even venture and talk about other countries as well, like Africa, Argentina, America - hey lets just go through the alphabet,

Cheap shot?: when you open the doors don't complain when replies you do not like come back at you.
That's fine. Go right on ahead. It won't bother me a bit.

MIZIEYA:
Ideology doesn't make full bellies or indeed stop forced prostitution, child labour and other issues both of us have mentioned, perhaps because you feel inadequate you may wish to resolve self esteem issues and do as christians have done: be a Missionary in foreign lands (preferably the poorer countries) and personally enable communities to live better lives - you could become the female messiah of hope that the world has been waiting for - all powerful and dressed to kill in your size fives!
Of course ideology doesn't make for full bellies. Who said it does? Or did you mean this comment for someone else. I only responded to you b/c I thought your ideology was comical/nonsensical not b/c I wanted to prove my ideology is/was best.

MIZIEYA:
So I'm guessing you married for a greencard, or are a product of such a union?
I'm not married nor am I the product of "such a union". Why would you guess that? Anyhow, you guessed wrong. Hope you don't gamble.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2006
So basically you really don't have anything to say: because intitially you don't understand what has been written by me or anyone else.

My advice: keep watching re runs of the twin towers, and keep tabs on the 'progress' on the war on terror, nature (Katrina the Hurricaine is a terrorist) and american civil liberties

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 2:07am On Oct 05, 2006
Mizieya

You keep making noise about India and Pakistan about how they are illustrious and Industrious. Okay I called British airways last week on 3 separate occassions to confirm flights the BA operators on the other line[b] had indian accents on three different occasions,[/b] does BA hire only indians? hell no! the call center is in INDIA, everytime i pick up a shirt, trousers its made in indonesia, india, china. Hp and sony have factories in China and Korea. Creating good jobs so the people can have good jobs and lead better lives Thats what you call AID
On the other hand how many of these companies have offices/plants in Africa, doesn't Africa have cheap labor too? ,you ignore these facts and conviniently point to the so called NGO's you see on t.v giving aid to Africa[b] while conviniently not stating that most if not All the NGO's get their money back in taxes or someother way from the government.[/b]

They off load their used computers on Africa because it's actually cheaper to send them to Africa and claim some PR rather than discarding them properly as required by the law. Even in Universities everywhere i turn i see Indian students, korean students, chinese students, where are the African students. They are languishing at home even though they have excellent SAT, GRE or A level results because your racist governments refuse them visas so they can better themselves so at the end some naive Holier than thou westerner can compare African students in Africa to their Indian counterparts, "Oh look at him standing on his own feet" what are you doing?.

What does Africa get? some stupid HIV/Aids condoms, boreholes dug, some stupid commercials on T.V oh save Darfur, save the African Child. If your governments/people really wanted to help save your crocodile tears and invest, let the sony, dell, microsofts have call centers in NIgeria, let Gap have a manufacturing outlet in Ghana, and watch Africa boom!

For your Information South Africa is not doing anything on a global scale the only countries that matter are the U.S, U.K, France, Germany, Russia, Japan, and maybe China. also you keep mentioning tribal warfare. Like conflict is inevitable . Last time i checked your beloved IRA was still fighting wars in the U.K!

I'm tired of hearing you say I've been to Gambia, India, Pakistan so what!!? have you ever been to the states, If you do go to Cleveland Ohio, and Detroit Michigan. You would probably see big shopping malls, skyscrapers and probably exclaim "oh look at industrious cleveland or look at detroit car capital of the world" what you don't know is that[b] Cleveland and Detroit are the poorest big cities in America just check the inner cities[/b] So just because you went on vacation to Gambia, Pakistan, and India and they took you around the nice parts to impress you shouldn't make you feel you know anything about the struggles the average person faces. You don't know Sh!T!!! so get off your high horse and get educated about the issues. I already gave you a website to start off www.maketradefair.com

Also your saying South Africa is this South Africa is that! is like George bush Saying oh Look i put condoleeza in a high position, I put collin powell in a high position look I love black people, but when Katrina strikes the government does nothing for 5 days just because its a heavily African American population
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2006
[b]So you're saying South Africa is not a player in the international arena? That's why South Africa is a leading fashion House? Stop being a girl and grow up keep to facts and to the subject at hand.

I'm glad you rang British Airways-good to know you know how to use the telephone - one hopes your phone manners are more coherent than your typed ones - the relevance here is??

Should you complain about shipping of second hand computers to Africa and other countries? Without them you wouldn't be online or indeed internet scams wouldn't take place - see theres a positive for every negative! vive la 419 and greencard scam! yay!

The last time you checked the IRA must have been last 2 centuries- be up to date darling not out of date.

Why would I wish to go to America? The land of the Paranoic? Just because America is a mega rich country with its own domestic problems doesn't make for a good argument.

America, Katrina the terrorist au naturel, George Bush and his black 'wife' Condoleeza - are not my problem let alone issue.

Basically reading your speech- its just stating impotence, frustration and the need to plead the case for injustice where there is none. Stop complaining and take positive action. Go get that green card and be happpy

lol

<stage left exits and laughs>
[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by OldGlory1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2006
[color=#006600][/color]Mizeya

I am still trying to get your point. What the hell is your point? U are in the UK where Al-Queda is making waves and threatening your way of life.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2006
Mizieya

Your whole post made me laugh so hard? so according to you the major requirement for being a major player in International Politics is to be a major fashion house?

You basically have nothing to say instead of taking a day or two to think about it, you post rambling thoughts like a confused celtic pagan!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2006
Old shame,

Alqiada may be annoying London Traffic but thats about it.

Zeb- it is a mystery how you survive considering the Abyss encased inside your head.

Perhaps it's time you made a case that I cannot find a flaw with- good luck to you with that one.

<Kaleidoscopally grins>
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2006
Ha MIZIEYA cheesy

Do you always run on internet boards, write in purple [/b]and [b]call grown men darling? i guess your whole life is confused and chaotic and considering the way you look in your pics you probably ain't getting no play from the celtic white chicks (I'm guessing thats the reason you joined) so what other options do you have? Turning Homosexual? and trying to get your rocks off on the internet?

pardon me one moment i just went off on a tangent Haha!! grin grin
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:27pm On Oct 05, 2006
My sex life will be revealed in my autobiography due out next month.

I could label you as a potential stalker- copy and pasting jaded conversations with Mizieya. Do you keep a scrap book?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 4:50am On Oct 07, 2006
MIZIEYA:

So basically you really don't have anything to say: because intitially you don't understand what has been written by me or anyone else.

My advice: keep watching re runs of the twin towers, and keep tabs on the 'progress' on the war on terror, nature (Katrina the Hurricaine is a terrorist) and american civil liberties
You're an idiot. Don't address me again.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2006
I'll address who I like when I like and so on and so forth.

If being an idiot means being educated - then I'm all for it.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by OldGlory1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2006
Mizeiya

No Idiot means you are a "dumb unstable SOB" . From your post you really fit the profile of an Idiot. Not educated, just a silly piece of $hit.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2006
Perhaps you need a dictionary?

Interesting: you can type the word "idiot' but not dumb son of a bitch,

Your modesty is making me blush.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by kboy2z(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2006
You have to do what you need to do to make sure you survive in life, You won't blame them cos they need it.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2006
kboz- you put it all in nutshell: use everyone for your own ends and to hell with the victims.

I'm pondering whether you're a christian because most nigerians doing the visa scam claim to be.

Quite fitting in a sense: a religion that scams clearly trains its members to professionally scam.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2006
Find a way to get in, fit in, get on with your life.!!! Immigrant's dream cheesy
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2006
The immigrants dream - how nauseating and distasteful.

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2006
Yep man that's the dream, be like Arnold! fit into the society make money, much more money. It seems more progressive than painting your left eye with chalk and dancing around naked practising witchcraft don't you think wizard?

seems you're spoiling for a fight cheesy, you've come to the right post -mine-
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2006
As I opined to the other dead beat and possible aids/hiv carrier- it says a lot about nigerian mentality. And confirms what I have said all along: you peopleconsider the west as owing you and clearly feel justified with your illrgality and illegal status.

Nigerian Prostitution for a greencard- how cute is that?

It is quite deserving then that Nigeria is the foremost in bad reputation in the International Arena. With men like you- it is clear that you promote corruption on all levels - do you work for government? If not- you should be happy working for a corrupt nigerian government. Would feel like a second skin would it not?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2006
And the U.K government is not corrupt, waging wars on Iraq with lies and trumped up charges so they can profit from the lucrative contracts

Question My dear witch doctor, Iraqi oil production hasn't stopped they are still pumping out millions of barrells, where's all the money going Tony Blair knows the answer!

remember tyco, martha stewart, enron, tyco before you point fingers about corruption.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2006
[b]lets examine corruption:

In Nigeria, the international oil giant Shell admitted that it inadvertently fed conflict, poverty and corruption through its oil activities in the country.

Nigeria contributes to about 10% of Shell's global production and is home to some of its most promising reserves, yet the country is steeped in poverty and conflict.

According to Shell, it has been difficult to operate with integrity in areas of conflict like Nigeria.

In some Cameroonian public hospitals, patients say they have to put some money in the doctor's consultation book before they are attended to.

And in some schools, a student cannot pass examinations without bribing the teachers.

In Zambia, former President Fredrick Chiluba is facing corruption charges for offences he allegedly committed during his term in office.

But Kenya seems to be turning the tide, with President Mwai Kibaki making the fight a central part of his time in office.

How far does the culture of corruption go in Africa? Is it only perpetuated by big business, government officials or does it start with you?
[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2006
[b]Corruption part 2

The day when corruption is stopped in Africa will be the very day that we shall wave goodbye to poverty, wars, AIDS, crime etc.
Monyoro Alex, Sudanese in Australia.

Corruption is everywhere in Africa and it is the major cause of poverty and conflicts. Corruption in Africa takes place in many forms, giving the so called "kitu kidogo" a Kiswahili word for bribes; being favoured at the expense of a more qualified and experienced colleague, nepotism or giving favours to females in exchange for sex. What a shame! The day when corruption is stopped in Africa will be the very day that we shall wave goodbye to poverty, wars, AIDS, crime etc. The bad news is that it is almost impossible.
Monyoro Alex, Sudanese in Australia.

The Kenya government's effort in its fight against corruption is comparable to the efforts of one who digs a hole while simultaneously filling it up. Its efforts will never bear fruit unless it rids itself of those corrupt government officials that where recycled back into the new government from the previous one.
Mzee Kobe, US/Kenyan

Corruption is rapidly becoming part of us especially in Africa. In Zambia for instance you cannot get a job or a place in school if you don't corrupt someone in higher authority. We all have a part to play in order to eradicate this vice.
Wamuwi Lifuna , Lusaka, Zambia

Here in The Gambia, corruption is fuelled by a deep rooted norm we call "MASLAHA" an expression that when mentioned makes every average Gambian cool down and usually forgives or leaves what they are doing. Even the worst corrupt practices are sometimes condoned simply because of our maslaha attitude.
Dawda Alpha Jallow, The Gambia

As we grew up in Kenya, we were told told stories praising the rich men who had become so by stealing public funds or money of their employers. Anybody who handles public funds for sometime but goes back home with nothing is considered the greatest of the fools. However, we have to fight corruption day and night and teach our children that riches come through hard work and being responsible, not by stealing public funds.
Samuel, Kenyan in DRC

[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2006
[b]corruption part 3

A few years ago a cabinet Minister here in Malawi made headlines when he said "everyone is a corrupt". In most cases when we talk of corruption, images of some big bald headed beer bellied top government official or politician comes to mind. How many people are willing to part with their money to get things done in their favour? Many. As a lawyer in the public sector I have had numerous opportunities to receive bribes ranging from laughable little figures of several hundred Malawi kwacha, to staggering and tempting huge figures. I have always said NO. Once you get a coin, your appetite increases and you become a prisoner of the one who bribed you.
Pacharo Kayira, Malawi

I don't care who you are or what part of Africa you come from, but the truth is you are either corrupt or have been involved in a number of corrupt practises! Corruption is part of African culture, it's a way of life. You have to give something if you want things to go your way. It's a way of saying thank you!
K! Ondiwani, Togo

Corruption is the underlining norm in big businesses and government officials in my home land - Ethiopia. It is against my personal conviction to bribe, but I wonder what I would do if a doctor "refuses" to treat me?
Jared, USA

Corruption today is not only a vice but is gradually becoming a way of life in every sector of our society. From political circles to business board rooms to educational institutions to the health and judicial sectors. This vice is literally dismembering the African continent.
Vic Mass, Sierra Leone

The issue of corruption in Nigeria is one of the most shameful. But the problem is so deep rooted that we need a total paradigm change in the thinking pattern of people in Africa. I never realised giving someone a "thank you token" was bribing until I came to Europe more than a decade ago. Most people in Africa do not understand what the hassle is all about. This is part of culture that is deeply embedded in people that it is difficult to change but it can be changed.
Dr Godson Onyekwere, Poland/Nigeria

Africans must stop electing or applauding any unscrupulous and desperate politicians.
Soliu Luqman, Nigeria

As the second most corrupt country Nigeria is a classical case of what corruption can do to a nation. Nigeria's corrupt state can be remedied if and only if the political and collective will is there. It is a sad indictment that a country so richly blessed in natural and human resources still has more than 70% of its populace surviving on less than a dollar a day. I support strongly the idea of naming and shaming corrupt officials; being a proud people Nigerians would be very wary the moment they know they could not only be caught but also named and shamed publicly for corrupt acts.
Thomas Ayeni Lagos Nigeria.

<Zeb darling, want more sugar in your tea?>[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2006
@ Mizieya
I'm going to tell you what a certain Herbalist told me about corruption.

MIZIEYA:

A movie is a movie: for every Martha Stewart in the world, there's always a counterpart - your point? It's already been established that not one country is pure as the driven snow.

In your own words cheesy so why the long posts, if you have nothing else to do go shoot me a bird!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2006
[b]Why are you complaining? You advocate corruption. You have said it is the Immigrants Dream that you fully support.

Lets continue with corruption: The last quote is my favourite: I'm sure you can relate to it since you encourage and support corruption.

Corruption in Africa is more than skin deep, it will take a miracle to purge it from the continent. Today, no facet of African life is untouched by it and I can safely say that any African who portrays himself to be above board is a living lie.
Yahaya E. Jalingo, Liberia

The government in Nigeria lacks the commitment give citizens their entitlements. It demeans its nationals. A good example is military pensioners not being paid their monies for more than 10 months.
Job Tishe, Nigeria

Everyone is corrupt, the politicians, public officials and religious leaders. Even those who believe in national unity are being forced to join the race. The politicians and public officials enrich themselves with kickbacks from contractors and loot the nation's property. The religious leaders divert government attention by organising riots among ordinary people. Unfortunately, the people responsible for fighting corruption in my country, Nigeria, are the same people encouraging it!
Majid oziaminu, Nigeria

Corruption has gone from a mere act of accepting bribes to a complete state of mind and way of life. It has progressed from the poor attempting to "make ends meet" to a sense of entitlement from anyone in a position of authority. Change must happen from the top and the bottom. Officials must set the example and all others must follow.
Rene McDonald, USA/Malawi

Sometimes you must be corrupt to live, there is just no way out. Nigeria Government knows that.
Mustapha Bobbo, Nigeria

Corruption has been institutionalised in Nigeria. If you don't take a bribe you are a fool. Honest people are called fools. In hospital people die because doctors steal drugs and sent them to their private hospitals. It is everywhere. Even those fighting corruption are corrupt.
George Onmonya Daniel, Nigeria

Corruption in Africa is far much deeper than Lake Chad.
Shuttie F.N.Libuta, Zambia

I do not love my mother, so I let her bleed to death if she doesn't give me a bribe at the hospital.
Zumbi Musiba, Tanzania

[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea / My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.