Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (33990 Views)

Is It Possible To Be In Love And Still Cheat On Your Spouse? / Null / How 2 Make A Man Love You More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by kellorah: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2006
@ topic: yep,if he has no self control
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Busta(f): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2006
still don't get y'all!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2006
Common guys! Just face it @reality.com! It happens everyday! A man can really love his woman, ready to die for her and will still steadily cheat on her! (Funny way a man loves!!!!!!!!)

A woman @reality.com knows that & she makes do with his home coming all the time and the show of love he puts on whenever he's home.  She's not a fool, she knows he cheats, but as long as he keeps it out there and he's up to his responsibilities, the the earth can keep going round the sun. (True love probably comes from woman alone!!!!!!!)
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by kelvinO(m): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2006
Jay-O-Jay:

Common guys! Just face it @reality.com! It happens everyday! A man can really love his woman, ready to die for her and will still steadily cheat on her! (Funny way a man loves!!!!!!!!)

A woman @reality.com knows that & she makes do with his home coming all the time and the show of love he puts on whenever he's home. She's not a fool, she knows he cheats, but as long as he keeps it out there and he's up to his responsibilities, the the earth can keep going round the sun. (True love probably comes from woman alone!!!!!!!)

just because you don't know how to keep your pants-up does not mean all men do that. if you do know what love truely is you would know that sex is the least thing that goes no your mind when you love someone. the fact of cheating is an atribute of irresponsibility. so please do try and go for sex edu. and i'm sorry for you if you believe that(True love probably comes from woman alone) cos you would never find one.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2006
NO, if the man truely knows what love is
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2006
do you go to isi in ibadan
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by favour5(f): 3:19am On Jul 27, 2006
kelvinO:

just because you don't know how to keep your pants-up does not mean all men do that. if you do know what love truely is you would know that sex is the least thing that goes no your mind when you love someone. the fact of cheating is an atribute of irresponsibility. so please do try and go for sex edu. and i'm sorry for you if you believe that(True love probably comes from woman alone) because you would never find one.

The earlier u realise ur weakness as a man when it comes to being responsible(as u term it), the better for u.
Have u ever heard of mid-life(mid-age) crisis? It comes on men married btwn the age range 35 - 45 (or even up to 50). Talk to any in that range who is ready to open up to u and u'll get better u/standing of life in that area. Just pray for the grace to handle it well wen it comes.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 3:50am On Jul 27, 2006
kelvinO:

just because you don't know how to keep your pants-up does not mean all men do that. if you do know what love truely is you would know that sex is the least thing that goes no your mind when you love someone. the fact of cheating is an atribute of irresponsibility. so please do try and go for sex edu. and i'm sorry for you if you believe that(True love probably comes from woman alone) because you would never find one.

The first thing I checked was your age and I discovered that you are old enough to know your left hand from the right, old enough to face the facts of life and tell the truth. This forum is all about being realistic and not fantasizing or being hypocritical just because you want to look like a saint. The only thing they are talking about here is SEX and not LOVE as a whole. Sex is just part of love and it comes with all temptations that makes you pull down your pants. For your information highly responsible men do it everyday and they still love their wives beyond your imagination. Pls stop living in fools world and stop pretending. The simple truth is that it is NOT good but it does happen so help us God!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nia: 5:26am On Jul 27, 2006
favour5:

The earlier u realise your weakness as a man when it comes to being responsible(as u term it), the better for u.
Have u ever heard of mid-life(mid-age) crisis? It comes on men married btwn the age range 35 - 45 (or even up to 50). Talk to any in that range who is ready to open up to u and u'll get better u/standing of life in that area. Just pray for the grace to handle it well when it comes.
hmnn, this post pulled me back in, lol.
Favour5, you sound like you like being cheated on.
What you're talking about has nothing to do with why people cheat. People who cheat do so whether or not they're going through a mid-life crisis. I'm sure you've grown up with a culture and around people who tell you that you should accept cheating as normal, and that's mostly why you believe it. If you visit a forum by people from the West, Europe, America, etc,  you will see a different mentality. I had a neighbour once (when I was in naija) who would similarly excuse her behavior, (she was cheating on her husband) by claiming that she's not receiving enough attention from her man and that the relationship is not the same, and that men do it too and blah blah blah. Does it make it right? of course not. Similarly, claiming that it's in the genes, or telling people to just accept it is also another excuse to justify the behaviour. And as long as your man knows he can get away with, he will surely continue to do it. Now don't get me wrong: if you don't mind staying with someone who cheats on you, that's really no one's concern but yours. 

But it would be interesting to ask all the male on this thread who claim that they can love someone and still cheat on them and those who claim/beg women not to leave a man that cheats on them the following question: If your wife cheats on you and still claims to love you, will you stay? After all, you should do to others what you wouldn't mind being done to you. Abi no be so?

@ KelvinO, kudos for your input.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 5:52am On Jul 27, 2006
Love and cheat are not compatible yet they co-exist. funny isn't it?
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by favour5(f): 6:02am On Jul 27, 2006
Nia:

hmnn, this post pulled me back in, lol.
Favour5, you sound like you like being cheated on.
What you're talking about has nothing to do with why people cheat. People who cheat do so whether or not they're going through a mid-life crisis. I'm sure you've grown up with a culture and around people who tell you that you should accept cheating as normal, and that's mostly why you believe it. If you visit a forum by people from the West, Europe, America, etc,  you will see a different mentality. I had a neighbour once (when I was in naija) who would similarly excuse her behavior, (she was cheating on her husband) by claiming that she's not receiving enough attention from her man and that the relationship is not the same, and that men do it too and blah blah blah. Does it make it right? of course not. Similarly, claiming that it's in the genes, or telling people to just accept it is also another excuse to justify the behaviour. And as long as your man knows he can get away with, he will surely continue to do it. Now don't get me wrong: if you don't mind staying with someone who cheats on you, that's really no one's concern but yours. 

NIA, don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting cheatin in anyway. but this is one reality we all v to accept whether we like it or not. men love their wives but yet once in a whlile they still go out to check themselves. i don't think here it was specific on the professional cheats but men in general.that was why i was generalising. The question was can a man love a woman and still cheat on her not why people cheat.men can and men do it in their life one time or the other(mid-life crisis is an example of when most men usually do).
it would surprise u to know that i can't tolerate any man cheating on me. if my man does, it's better i don't know because if i do , 
There is nothing good about loving and cheating!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nia: 6:46am On Jul 27, 2006
favour5:

NIA, don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting cheatin in anyway. but this is one reality we all v to accept whether we like it or not. men love their wives but yet once in a whlile they still go out to check themselves. i don't think here it was specific on the professional cheats but men in general.that was why i was generalising. The question was can a man love a woman and still cheat on her not why people cheat.men can and men do it in their life one time or the other(mid-life crisis is an example of when most men usually do).
it would surprise u to know that i can't tolerate any man cheating on me. if my man does, it's better i don't know because if i do , 
There is nothing good about loving and cheating!
Favour5, I was just a little perplexed that when kelvinO said that he doesn't cheat, you tried to convince him that he should see cheating as normal. That's why I responded to your post.  I live in a part of the world where both men and women cheat and it's not really a matter of "men are the one cheating" or "it's a man's thing". When people say this, it sounds like "I want your permission to go sleep around and I don't want you to get mad cause when I get back I'll still tell you I love you". After all, if I already assume that you're going to do it, why shouldn't you do it? I've practically given you my permission.

For one thing, many cheating goes on in the work place, and since women have become more liberated, financially, sexually and otherwise, you find that they cheat just like men do (although the exact figures are debatable). With this reality, I find it hard to believe that someone cheating "is just being a man" like they would have us believe back in Naija. I also wanted to know how those saying that you should forgive someone when they cheat would feel if they were in the other person's shoes--if they were the ones being cheated on-- cause saying "Do what I say, but not what I do" is somewhat hmnn--what's the word--hypocritical. I will stop preaching now, lol.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by tiggy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2006
Who seduces who? the fact remains the more the seductions by ladies the more we realise the dicks cant stay in their pouches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by borngreat(f): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2006
tiggy:

Who seduces who? the fact remains the more the seductions by ladies the more we realise the ***** can't stay in their pouches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by sage(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2006
U guyz should free Jay-O-Jay. He is stating it the way he sees what is happening in the real world, not a childish and hypocritical fantasy.

@borngreat ur signature is really funny grin cheesy grin
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by borngreat(f): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2006
sage:

U guys should free Jay-O-Jay. He is stating it the way he sees what is happening in the real world, not a childish and hypocritical fantasy.

@borngreat your signature is really funny grin cheesy grin

@sage thanks 4 d compliment i didnt know it was funny thanks
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Vieira(m): 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2006
Is it possible for a man love a lady and still cheat on her?

LOL!

ofcourse!

men are wired differently.

First of all men do not see Sex and Love as the same thing and to them it is two separate things.

Secondly when men cheat, they never do so thinking the girlfriend/wife will find out. So to them she will never be hurt because she'll never know.

Thirdly most of the men who have truly not cheated have done so for the following reasons: Fear of being caught, lack of oppourtunity, Religious fear.

Fourthly (is that a word??) Men by nature are polygamous and that is a FACT, not an excuse. Men have to fight against thier nature to remain faithful. Civilization is what has turned men into monogamous creatures but we still have to fight against milllions of years of biological instinct.

I mean women produce very few eggs a month and once one is fertilised that is it.
Men produce millions of sperms EVERY single day!
We are meant to go out there and impregnant as many as possible. You will never see a farm with equal number of hens and cocks now.

all this talk of TRUE love and bullshit is just wishful thinking but if it helps you to sleep better at night then good luck to you all. grin grin
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by IBBFan(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2006
Vieira:

I mean women produce very few eggs a month and once one is fertilised that is it.
We are meant to go out there and impregnant as many as possible. You will never see a farm with equal number of hens and cocks now.

rotflmfbao!!!!!! we have another King (Vieira) Solomon in the making. as a matter of fact, i personally recruit myself to your army.

*salutes*

cool cool cool
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by favour5(f): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2006
Vieira:

LOL!

all this talk of TRUE love and bullshit is just wishful thinking but if it helps you to sleep better at night then good luck to you all. grin grin

abeg tell them ooooo
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nia: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2006
lol, chei!
see all these Hot can't-control-myself coming out to defend themselves. No be fight o, na discussion.
Anyways, I hear you.
It's a good thing everyone's entitled to their own opinions, sha.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by IBBFan(m): 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2006
thank GOD for Isaiah 4:1-2 even the Father knew what He was doing when he showed Isaiah the vision.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by JayOJay(m): 5:00am On Jul 29, 2006
Vieira:

LOL!

ofcourse!

men are wired differently.

First of all men do not see Sex and Love as the same thing and to them it is two separate things.

Secondly when men cheat, they never do so thinking the girlfriend/wife will find out. So to them she will never be hurt because she'll never know.

Thirdly most of the men who have truly not cheated have done so for the following reasons: Fear of being caught, lack of oppourtunity, Religious fear.

Fourthly (is that a word??) Men by nature are polygamous and that is a FACT, not an excuse. Men have to fight against their nature to remain faithful. Civilization is what has turned men into monogamous creatures but we still have to fight against milllions of years of biological instinct.

More oil to your elbows!  People should learn to call spade a spade and stop pretending!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by bammidele(m): 11:12am On Jul 29, 2006
YES absolutely possible to love someone n cheat on the person at the point of action the man does not see it as LOVE rather SEX , there is a different between Love and Sex , this might be very difficult for you ladies to understand as you are made out of Emotion and sentiment .
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by bammidele(m): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2006
YES absolutely possible to love someone n cheat on the person at the point of action the man does not see it as LOVE rather SEX , there is a different between Love and Sex , this might be very difficult for you ladies to understand as you are made out of Emotion and sentiment .
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Seun(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2006
If men are not full of the same emotion and sentiment, why do they get upset when their girlfriends cheat on them? Afterall, it's "just sex" right? So why do you want to call down fire from heaven when she does it?
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by Nia: 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2006
Seun:

If men are not full of the same emotion and sentiment, why do they get upset when their girlfriends cheat on them? Afterall, it's "just sex" right? So why do you want to call down fire from heaven when she does it?

< sarcasm> Now Seun, what kind of question is that, now? Don't you know men don't get emotional? Abi, you wan sey na 419 Biology them they teach people in Naija?

My brother don't you know that getting mad cause your wife/girlfriend is shagging someone else is not about emotion? No be that thing wey them dey call ego be that? and even if that is wrong, I can just pick random verses in the bible instead to justify it or maybe even the quran if I feel like it? And there's nothing hypocritical about it at all! I mean, just because I don't like being cheated on doesn't mean I shouldn't do it to other people. </ sarcasm>

My brother take your time with your sensible talk o!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by nuellabond(f): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2006
@ imomoh24

I do believe u in a way anyway but its not like the ladies dont have a choice. If a man says he really loves u and yet messes around then the relationship is bound to crash cos he'll start comparing her with the other girls he deals with.Therefore instead of wasting ones time, the best thing to do is to call it quits with the guy and move on.
cool
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by nuellabond(f): 1:00am On Jul 30, 2006
@ vieira

I wish u all the pregnancies u can afford to give.Kudos to ur millions of sperm ;
grin
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by bammidele(m): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2006
Nia,  thanks for the Reply , i was just cracking my head on what to say to  Seun , anyway isn't a Gradual thang
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by faa(f): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2006
Seun:

If men are not full of the same emotion and sentiment, why do they get their friends when their girlfriends cheat on them? Afterall, it's "just sex" right? So why do you want to call down fire from heaven when she does it?

Preach it bo!!!!!
Thank God for people like you.
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by faa(f): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2006
nuellabond:

@ imomoh24

I do believe u in a way anyway but its not like the ladies don't have a choice. If a man says he really loves u and yet messes around then the relationship is bound to crash because he'll start comparing her with the other girls he deals with.Therefore instead of wasting ones time, the best thing to do is to call it quits with the guy and move on.
cool

Thank you!!!!!
Re: Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? by faa(f): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2006
Now to everyone who believes a man can love a woman and still cheat on her. I'll tell you all that you've been talking craaaaaaaaaaaap!!! The idea that you can even affirm such a statement beats the hell out of me. There's no way a woman in a right state of mind would have anything, I mean absolutely nothing to do with a guy if she's aware he's going to be paying visiting rounds to other women while she's supposedly his girlfriend.
I don't know if it's the Naija mentality, but 1 thing I'm sure of is that when you are in love with a woman you do not have eyes for another. If you find yourself wishing for other women then you are not in love. You just love the idea of someone loving you. I don't know why anyone would say yes to this question. Just imagine your father doing the same thing to your mum or your brother- in- law to your sister, the next time you feel like cheating on your woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Should I Tell Him About His Cheating Girlfriend??(confuse) / Weird Things Men Love In Women / Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.