Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! (34902 Views)

Baby Pictures Of Nairalanders! / List Of Nairalanders I Have Seen Real Life But Have Not Seen Me. / Amazing Things I Discovered About Nairaland During The Offline Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Libkid(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
It wax'nt funny.internet wax boring cos i could'nt access www.nairaland.com
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Pejapaul: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
i really cant go online without visiting nairaland,as this incidence occured, i was internet heart broken. I love nairaland.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Ifex4real: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
seun pls setup 20 man commity to give us report on nairaland attack which lead to data lose.

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Edipee(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2014
I almost threw my phone away because of Nairaland, I thank God our online home has been restored.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by saintade01(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
[size=18pt]oluwaSEUN ooooooo [/size] grin

4 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Aitee1: Pweeeeew...so it true NL is back grin Teeo am here oh

I see you dear kiss
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by nwaanambra1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Seun!

Meet me in my office ASAP!

You have questions to answer! angry angry
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by chronique(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
I was unable to refresh my car threads on the autos section. Na that one pain me pass cos na money sure pass. Welcome back folks!
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by gen2briz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
I was like Hummmm.......
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by http(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nairaland Ban me for no reason, just like some hackers ban her for days, seun stop banning people, their reactions might be severe.. anyway, i was not moved....

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
Hurray!
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by airclipse(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by airclipse(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
cryI cried myself тσ sleep during the downtime..
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Yinkwamo(m): 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
Honestly, I almost lost my mind... I kept on checking at intervals to see if the site is up like a barren woman looking out for the slightest sign of pregnancy.. Chai Nairaland I miss you, I love you infact I can ....... for you! grin
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by just2endowed: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
A week to the day Nairaland was shot down, I told seun that the site has been hacked and it's full of adware and malware virus. I raise that topic in phone section but few members believe and seun replied me to give him details. Am glad he took my topic seriously though it didn't make front-page then. So am not surprised seun shot it down.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
My old handle resurrected while my new handle disappeared. Alot of people will have to register again.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by readonenaire(m): 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
The closest alternative was just sleep undecided , i'll work, sleep then try again, probably twitter
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Missmossy(f): 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odilafta: It was like I had lost a dear friend angry I was so sad and idle and my mb was wasting away...Thanks be to God,nairaland is back.I just pray the lost datas would be recovered
My Diary has disappeared! So sad,yours too.....

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by OMA4U(m): 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
Ah! I miss nairaland. Nairaland became a missing part of me. I was just complaining and mummuring about how much I long for this site. One night I shouted, seun osewa, where are you? Wake up from your deep slumber and find solution to it. My friends were just bewildered at my reactions. Indeed am addicted to nairaland and i can't imagine life without it. I just pray this doesn't happen again.

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by just2endowed: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nairaland will still be prone to attack from hackers. So seun, beef up the security measures.

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by MAJOLAUTOS: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
This is undeniably a DOS/DDOS attack from those evil doers sad. I would recommend Seun to have a consistent back-up server in case of devastating attempt like this. And Seun should also ensure that ethical hackers or security experts are employed to find vulnerabilities to nairaland system and fix it before any future hacking reconnaissance .
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by alorauzoms(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
Really miss it . internet beame kinda boring for me. Miss d funny and stupids comments frm threads.
Welcome back
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by freshness2020: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2014
Well deserved feat... I knew I was missing something Oº°˚˚°ºo. ... Thank God we all are back in onne piece .. We shall not see this kind of thing again.. Amin l'oruko Jesu!
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by jobsat34(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2014
**sob**

our beer parlour is Gone.. where is Jbluv55 relaxation centre..
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Arsenate(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2014
Wow; my likes reduced from 1000 plus to 270 cry
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Chrisx1x(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2014
stan-ogb:
lol...don't think you'll get them back.
what do u mean? All the interesting topics hv been following hv disappeared! Stil mourning my loss
anyway,half bread is better than nothing.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Eagle75: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
Glad to have U back.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by tonigreen: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
At first i thought it was an error from my mobile phone, after like 2 days i was still seeing the same error which i confirmed via my pc that was when i realized there was an issue. i wasn't just hapi n ok with such interruption, I'm not nairaland addict though, but i must tell you guys that nairaland still remains the best forum in Africa. Kudos to Seun & co for the fast restoration of the forum.
....... One love.!!!!
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by 30secs(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
Odilafta: It was like I had lost a dear friend angry I was so sad and idle and my mb was wasting away...Thanks be to God,nairaland is back.I just pray the lost datas would be recovered
'datas' eh? Isssorai. E too early for me to dey quarrel

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by anonimi: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
This was the message I sent to Seun's nairaland email account on Monday, 23rd:

Dear Seun,

I hope all is well.
I noticed that the NL site has been down since yesterday. Any feedback about the situation? I hope it has not been hacked by saboteurs and it's just something technical that can be resolved soon.
All the best.

As the hours turned into days it became obvious that the site had been hacked by the ENEMIES of ENLIGHTENMENT who are promoters of PROPAGANDA. They have done their worst but we will continue to do our best to accelerate the ongoing PROGRESS of our dear country by encouraging the DEEPENING of our growing democracy through active contribution into national discourse on forums like NL.
I remain convinced that as always LIGHT will overwhelm their darkness no matter how long the night may last.

Thanks Seun for your courage and tenacity in continuing to provide this platform to enhance a fair & balanced debate of the issues in our nation, Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
chidyhels: My old handle resurrected while my new handle disappeared. Alot of people will have to register again.

I missed you joor. Come back here and give me a lovely kiss. kiss Don't run away again oo. I suspected your other handle sha, though not sure.
Re: Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! by Feedmemore(f): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2014
I don't think anyone can comprehend the level of restlessness, frustration and boredom i was when nairaland was offline. I never keep trying to check if it's back, Good Lord! All i can say is thank you lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding / PHOTOS: The Most Dangerous Things People Do In Lagos / What Is The Craziest Rumour You Have Heard About Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.