Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,281 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents (43212 Views)

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine / Check Our Church Doctrine And Join Us / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
Image123:
Dr Lake didn't start healing school friend. BTW, stop reading and believing baseless unfounded accusations of scoffers. The apostles themselves were labeled as thieves, Jesus Himself labeled a man possessed with devils.
The concept of an healing school or room or whatever is simply about gathering people in anticipation of miracle, healing and answers to prayer. They are then inspired in varying ways like perhaps listening to the Word of God, or praying/tarrying, or hearing and seeing testimonies, praising etc. Nothing wrong with these as Christ promised to be where people are gathered in His name. An healing school qualifies. John 5 records of a pool at bathesda where sick people gathered in anticipation of healing, Jesus wuz ere. Jesus Himself gathered people who had need of healing at different occasions. Peter's shadow passed over people who were in beds and couches all anticipating healing. Healing rooms, streets, school, university didn't start yesterday. It is not something some mysterious WOF conjured up.
Of course, it is wrong for anyone to lie or pretend healing whether in a church service, a crusade, a school, room, evangelistic outreach or anywhere. Nothing wrong or unbiblical about people waiting to be healed. Many things wrong with deceiving and being deceived, this ain't limited to any sect or faction. You for instance have being largely deceived about many "men of God".

Did you read the document Nora provided at all?

Can you really say with a clear conscience that Jesus, Peter and Paul operated healing schools or anything close to them?

Shall the healing Jesus and his apostles carried out not be the natural outworking of God's power confirming a message; rather than a predetermined exercise?

Please clear answers to the above.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
mbaemeka:

4. God told Paul he was to suffer for the gospel. God didn't tell mbaemeka that he was to suffer for the gospel. God told me to prosper for the gospel. Amen.

edited
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
Gnoni, with all that story and eisegesis, do note that Elijah wanted to die two chapters after 1kings 17 not before.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
trustman:

Mbaemeka
Your thinking is lacking balance. You need to take time to read posts before hastily responding. I think I’ve told you that before. You take people’s statements make your own meaning out of them or twist them round and then seek to use your new ‘meaning’ to attack them. That is being fraudulent.
For example, no one is saying that Elijah did not perform miracles or that God was not with him. But looking at his life you, if you are to be honest with yourself, cannot say that he was performing miracles everyday. What can you take away from that fact?

In the New Testament coming to book of Acts, Miracles were performed majorly by the apostles to authenticate their calling. NOTE was I said here- majorly i.e. MOSTLY; to a large extent. That is different from if I had said ONLY. Do you get it now? So what does this also tell you?

When you get personal or seek private details so as to use them as weapon against your perceived ‘opponents’ I wonder what you are up to. Hoping perhaps that such ‘attacks’ will silence them? If I have performed a million miracles I do not need to broadcast it. The Bible gives me more to boast about than that. Remember the Pharisee who reeled out his scorecard before God – ‘I do this, I do that …’ What was Jesus’ response to him. if you get the praise of men here, you may end up loosing God’s approval.

Go and read Matthew Chapter 6 and see how or how not broadcast your ‘good deeds’ and also where to lay up your treasures – whether on earth or in heaven.

Esteeming anyone highly DOES NOT mean turning them into mini-gods. Esteeming highly DOES NOT mean when a man is wrong you keep quite. Did Paul esteem the other apostles highly? Did he consider himself the least of the apostles? Did that make him keep quiet when Peter was wrong? Do you REFUSE to tell your man of God (or at least recognize it ) that he is wrong because it is ‘his own church’? - his own church, really? A clear command in 1 Cor. 3: 21 is ‘Let no one boast in men’.

Interestingly you don’t seem to understand what it is to break ranks and speak evil. I tried to define EVIL for you maybe you should go back and look at it.

Again one can see in your posts money, money, money; the here and now – having the good life now. Is this Christian?

Candour in refering to you said:

[size=14pt]Trustman never did[/size], its all part of mbaemeka's twisting of other people's posts to justify his line of attack. Instead of seeking to understand people's point of view you seek to use your own worldview of Christianity to 'read' their words.

I remember telling you once too, to take your own advice and read posts with the spirit of the writer and not in a way to argue for the sake of arguing.

1. You mentioned Epaphroditus as an indication that Christians could fall sick but If I ask you if Jesus asked 'us' to heal the sick I am twisting your words. A tail does not wag the dog; if Epaphroditus is a standard for sicknesses then I can raise other scriptural standards for divine health- including Jesus who ought to be the template.

2. Just the same way I said "miracles were abounding daily" (a clear hyperbole for emphasis) you cannot ask me to show you Elijah performed miracles daily. The daily lives of almost all the men in scriptures was not chronicled daily but we can sense that when miracles were "needed" they happened. You are as guilty, period.

3. The "majorly", "authenticate" is just a ploy at verbal escapism. Jesus gave the instructions to all believers and that was the import of my response. Deal with it.

4. If you performed personal miracles it will be easy for you to believe those of others. I asked you that question to prove to you that you have no such personal testimonies regardless of how you are trying to sentimentalize it.

BTW the Pharisee that reeled out his scorecard wasn't reeling out a miracle scorecard. You should ask Jesus why when John the Baptist sent his disciples to ask him if he was really the expected Messiah, he went on to express his miracle-scorecard. Then advice Jesus.

LOL @ laying up treasures in heaven, how do you suppose I can do that? Throw up my treasures into heaven hoping archangel Micheal catches it?

5. Those who are trained in the things of God know how to receive the word of God without being contumacious. The scripture I gave you was clear- Esteem those who labour over you and teach you the word VERY HIGHLY in LOVE because of their work. . .and be at peace with yourself. If calling them charlatans, fakes, thieves is your idea of esteeming someone in love then you have a lot to learn. And please leave Paul out of it- he was wrongly treated by the High Priest yet he did not rile him with insults.

6. If your words are not words of God then they are evil words- the middle is excluded. Besides the Thessalonians translation that says: warn those that are unruly in other translations says those that break ranks we can cross-reference it with the dogs and evil workers in the book of Phillipians.

7. To those whose hearts are pure all things are pure. If you could see only "money, money, money" in my posts it is because that is probably an area that your spirit is convicting you about. It has nothing to do with me.

You can have a bad life here and still continue the suffering in hell same way I can have a good life here and continue it in Heaven. There is a rest for God's people in this life as we are the sons of God now not just when we get to heaven.

8. Candour said "if he misread you saying we should focus on the sicknesses he would correct you" and not that you NEVER did say what not. Besides, the absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. I hope this does not pass you by.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Did you read the document Nora provided at all?

Can you really say with a clear conscience that Jesus, Peter and Paul operated healing schools or anything close to them?

Shall the healing Jesus and his apostles carried out not be the natural outworking of God's power confirming a message; rather than a predetermined exercise?

Please clear answers to the above.

No i don't need to read Nora's document, i've read similar and worse. Better still, i've read Dr Lake himself sometimes ago. Every minister including Jesus has some untrue story printed about them and i don't have to read each document to know the truth.

Like i said already, the bible records Jesus and Peter healing people who were gathered at a place for that purpose. The pool at Bethesda had sick people gathered and waiting in anticipation to be healed by God. Jesus said that where believers are gathered together IN HIS NAME, He will be there.
Believers today can heal the sick using natural outworking of God's power confirming a message(whatever that means). It matters not whether it is done in a school, room, church, street, university or whatever. If thou can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Like I expected any less from you. What you wanted, ATTENTION, is what I am giving to you: NOW.

So, Mr Know-so-much, that knows more than the apostles of scripture, so that they suffered and you rather would reel in prosperity, can you tell me one scripture that promises this utopia to you.

Just one!

Lest we forget my subject of contention:

Don't get salty with me I am not the reason your blog is failing.

Psalm 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

1. The man doesn't walk in the counsel of the ungodly
2. Doesn't take sides with atheists and mockers of the faith
3. Delights in God's word and "speaks the word consistently to himself" day and night
4. He will be fruitful always because he is fixed in the anointing of God's spirit.
5. His health will not wither (Leaves refer to health)
6 (My favorite aspect grin grin) WHATSOEVER HE DOES WILL PROSPER including his blogs.

You asked for one verse I have more if you need.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
Image123:
Gnoni, with all that story and eisegesis, do note that Elijah wanted to die two chapters after 1kings 17 not before.

With hindsight, "Elijah wanted to die" should never have gone into that post,
nevertheless the post is still watertight with "Elijah wanted to die" removed
and takes nothing away from the post nor diminishes the Elijah defence message therein.

"Our object should not be to have scripture on our side but to be on the side of scripture;
and however dear any sentiment may have become by being long entertained,
so soon as it is seen to be contrary to the Bible, we must be prepared to abandon it without hesitation
."
- William Symington
Scottish engineer, inventor and the builder of the first practical steamboat

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
Image123:

No i don't need to read Nora's document, i've read similar and worse. Better still, i've read Dr Lake himself sometimes ago. Every minister including Jesus has some untrue story printed about them and i don't have to read each document to know the truth.

Like i said already, the bible records Jesus and Peter healing people who were gathered at a place for that purpose. The pool at Bethesda had sick people gathered and waiting in anticipation to be healed by God. Jesus said that where believers are gathered together IN HIS NAME, He will be there.
Believers today can heal the sick using natural outworking of God's power confirming a message(whatever that means). It matters not whether it is done in a school, room, church, street, university or whatever. If thou can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.

1. I suspected it. Thanks for being honest though. My advice: read that document even if it will be the last you will ever read from Nora. It way beyond false report. It provides further documents you can verify with. You won't find that in Lakes own books.

2. The question was whether Christ operated healing "schools" not whether healing can occur though believers or not.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
Mbaemeka

Thank you for Psalm 1:1ff. It is very "prosperity" oriented. I thought you would go for 3John2 or Luke 4:1ff; they even have greater authority being in the New Testament. But, yes, I asked for one. I will not refute the Psalm you provided; its Gods word.

But could it be that when Jesus was dying on the cross, he was not prospering?

Was Peter, Paul and the other apostles not prospering, dying as martyrs?

mbaemeka:

4. God told Paul he was to suffer for the gospel. God didn't tell mbaemeka that he was to suffer for the gospel. God told me to prosper for the gospel. Amen.

New Testament scriptures that show clearly that the Christian walk through a fallen world would come with much pain and suffering. Scriptures that refute the error in the above quote.

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 Thessalonians 3:2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith: 3:3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.

Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Candour:

Have you ever prayed for Ebola to disappear since you heard about it? How come we still grapple with it? After all Elijah commanded rain to cease where he was standing and the entire world felt it. He didn't need to go from place to place. What about boko haram? Have you ever mentioned it in your prayers before? Or decreed it out of existence? Why is it still prevalent?

Until you understand that your flesh is not yet redeemed and will grow weak, sick, decay and die, you'll simply keep living in fantasy.

Salvation is of the soul. Your flesh is still of the adamic nature and subject to the elements of the world. The rapture will get us new bodies that will not be subject to any corruption.

Its good you celebrate them.

You're the one who keeps screaming signs and wonders so please oblige me with the proofs and I'm not talking of a spurious miracle of EVD cure in faraway Tanzani.

and you can point to a place where I discountenanced God's miracles? What is in dispute is you and your supermen's claims of miracles that keep getting exposed as stage managed acts or you didn't see the thread on your church's 'healing school' scams and the attempts to cover them up?

Most times, its the minority that keep their heads when the majority lose theirs in the mad frenzy to belong.

I have seen miracles. Miracles happen everyday but I know they're exclusively the doings of God and he can use whomever or whatever he wills at any time.

Was Elijah hungry when he met her or not? How much did he have on him? How many sacks of grain did he have?

Of course I can see your prosperity all over NL. Elijah asked for food and he received from a kind hearted widow. He had nothing on him save his clothes and staff and was the right candidate for charity.

The nite club I used to patronise in my youth didn't miss me too when I stopped going there because more and more night crawlers are being born everyday. So also 'papa' can't miss me as more and more people desperate for more will keep rushing there. Greed is very strong in humans.

Matthew 7:13 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

So because Christ missed the man, the temple suddenly turned to a 'healing school'? Why do you like importing your ideas into the bible? Who were the 'healing school' teachers that taught the man? How long did he spend in this 'school'?

Was the man expecting any miracle talk less of having any belief to be healed? So if you beg money from me now, you automatically believe I have power to heal you? This your logic is warped.

Your healing school has no basis in the bible no matter how much you twist scripture.

Of course a miracle isn't difficult for Jesus. He owns the patent. What is in doubt is your fabled ability to imitate Jesus. The verdict is that you're fake and make up stories of miracles.

Of course in your world, the only money that goes to God's work is the one you pour into your pastor's laps. People routinely support every work that glorifies God without the mediation of your church. There's life and the work of God beyond your church building.

You're the one with an inflated ego who believes everybody who doesn't believe in your pastors must be poor. You're the one who goes to great lengths to tell us how you've become so rich because you 'sow'. I have nothing to prove to anybody. The fact that I have my needs met is enough. Every and any other thing I have or get is jara.

You might be your church's rich man but very well someone else's wretched man. It a question of perspective.

Why not? Traverse lands and seas to make a proselyte then turn him into twice the son of hell. My dear, true missionaries are in the places that have not truly heard the gospel and their work is very effective with the little support they get. Not those gallivanting all over Europe and america that brought the gospel to us in the first place

Every mega ministry is raising funds to evangelise the world so its not a crime if you join the bandwagon. Its a business so why not latch on to it?

I expect you to know that the religious leaders were also the political leaders of the Jews and as at this time, they had become empty of anything spiritual. Only the political remained. He was nothing more than that.

@the bolded. So even though we all know your heroes are charlatans, we shouldn't call them that?

The difference between Saul and your men is that at least, Saul was anointed. Nothing to show most of them are anything more than smart businessmen

I see your problem is that their nefarious activities shouldn't be published.

Sure they're more cunning and crooked than my entire clan. It takes a real sharp guy to keep thousands hoodwinked on lies for so long.

Nothing good to learn from them concerning the way of the cross.

1. Jesus should have Prayed for diseases to leave the world instead of healing people who came to him in faith. He is the Miracle-patent; why not ask him that?

2. until you understand what Paul said in Romans 8:11 you will grow sickly, die; in accidents; get murdered etc. Each man to his own. I prefer my poison to yours. I can see my results but you have nothing to expect.

3. Salvation is of the Spirit; soul and body. You over-estimate your opinions I told you before.

4. LOL, as intelligent as you think you are you didn't see that well-written nonsense for what it was- Nonsense! I have been on NL longer than my moniker suggests. I read Sirjohn's fables in 2008 when he posted it and I can assure you he failed miserably at his discreditation of the healing school. 6 years down the line and there's now one in Canada to add to the one in SA and Nigeria. Presidents, captains of industry, CEOs, thousands and thousands of people have gone there post-Sirjohns nonsense and all came back to give different testimonies and accounts. John 7:12 says Jews said Jesus was deceiving the people too. LOL

I repeat, it is easier to Perform a miracle in Jesus' name than to fake one.

5. You can stop us from faking miracles by showing us how it is really done or you can keep mum.

6. Yes, I put money into my Pastors laps. But I will not lie that I saw bank cheques addressed to Oyedepo's account in terms of "sowing seeds". Oyedepo stopped taking a salary from his church since the 80s and will now give people his account details to give him 2k? I think it safer to believe Oyedepo than you. If you are so desperate to invoke argumentums ad verecundiam to make a point then we should expect more fabrications than just the bank tale rubbish.

7. God prospers me in his way, I put him first so I respond and look for needs in his house to be met. You don't give and when others get you won't sleep. Then you, in a sweeping move call the givers greedy and you the hoarders- selfless. You have got jokes to give Julius Agwu.

8. I don't really know sons of hell- I left that judgment to the word long ago but I am 99% sure they would specialize in despising dominion, speaking evil of dignitaries; speaking evil of those things which they know not, tell lies, believe lies, endorse lies, move from church to church like spiritual nomads and vagabonds; having no Pastors over their heads etc.

9. Yea the business of bringing people into God's salvation- with everything we have got. If you are a greedy churl this will irritate you.

10. Keep that unintelligent response about High priests and political leaders nonsense to someone who knows less. King Herod and Agrippa come to mind so easily. The High Priests are and will always be Spiritual leaders like Oyedepo, Adeboye and Kumuyi etc. are today. Paul defamed the High Priest Ananias and quickly apologized because he was in the wrong. Even if Ananias wasn't Paul's spiritual leader at the time.

Keep calling them Charlatans. You are so spiritual!! But I do not envy you.

11. Of course, you saw the anointing on Saul's life because you lived in his day. This reminds me of the Jews who said they knew God spoke to Moses but could not be certain that God spoke to Jesus.

I have seen the power of God work in these men's lives and as such, will not join you scoffers in your road to destruction. I have too much rank for that.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by trustman: 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
mbaemeka

You still have a lot to learn. You need to learn something from BabaGnoni’s posted statement:
"Our object should not be to have scripture on our side but to be on the side of scripture;
and however dear any sentiment may have become by being long entertained,
so soon as it is seen to be contrary to the Bible, we must be prepared to abandon it without hesitation
."
- William Symington
Scottish engineer, inventor and the builder of the first practical steamboat

Now to your issues
I remember telling you once too, to take your own advice and read posts with the spirit of the writer and not in a way to argue for the sake of arguing.
A writer in a forum such as this must write to be clearly understood and not assume that the reader read posts "with the spirit of the writer". Write what you mean, mean what you write.

1. You mentioned Epaphroditus as an indication that Christians could fall sick but If I ask you if Jesus asked 'us' to heal the sick I am twisting your words. A tail does not wag the dog; if Epaphroditus is a standard for sicknesses then I can raise other scriptural standards for divine health- including Jesus who ought to be the template.
Again this is where you lack balance. The example is to show that a Christian can be sick. It is also to show that if Paul and the early held the same view as you do they should have 'healed' him, not even to pray for healing since you claim the authority is there. But they did not do that. Why do you think they did not?

2. Just the same way I said "miracles were abounding daily" (a clear hyperbole for emphasis) you cannot ask me to show you Elijah performed miracles daily. The daily lives of almost all the men in scriptures was not chronicled daily but we can sense that when miracles were "needed" they happened. You are as guilty, period.
We are dealing with issues of TRUTH here; why resort to unnecessary exaggeration? How can you "sense that when miracles were "needed" they happened" ? For goodness sake this again is how you go beyond the scripture in the bid to get it to agree with your point of view. Just stick to the word as presented.

3. The "majorly", "authenticate" is just a ploy at verbal escapism. Jesus gave the instructions to all believers and that was the import of my response. Deal with it.
This was to point out where you missed it. I was referring to the Acts of the Apostles. Who in the book was performing miracles most - the apostles or every other believer? Don't loose sight of this. What does this tell you?

4. If you performed personal miracles it will be easy for you to believe those of others. I asked you that question to prove to you that you have no such personal testimonies regardless of how you are trying to sentimentalize it.
Should the fact that i don't have a spiritual gift make it easier for me to disbelieve someone who has? We are talking here about WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS and not personal testimonies.

BTW the Pharisee that reeled out his scorecard wasn't reeling out a miracle scorecard. You should ask Jesus why when John the Baptist sent his disciples to ask him if he was really the expected Messiah, he went on to express his miracle-scorecard. Then advice Jesus.
I will choose not to join you in your careless remark regarding Jesus.

LOL @ laying up treasures in heaven, how do you suppose I can do that? Throw up my treasures into heaven hoping archangel Micheal catches it?
If you don't know how to store up for yourself treasures in heaven then it really shows you have a lot of learning to do. And you laugh at an issue that has to do with your ETERNITY. You don't understand that THIS LIFE is like a drop in the bucket compared to ETERNITY. You LOL?
And then bring in Archangel Michael into this? Have you forgotten respect for "higher authority"?

5. Those who are trained in the things of God know how to receive the word of God without being contumacious. The scripture I gave you was clear- Esteem those who labour over you and teach you the word VERY HIGHLY in LOVE because of their work. . .and be at peace with yourself. If calling them charlatans, fakes, thieves is your idea of esteeming someone in love then you have a lot to learn. And please leave Paul out of it- he was wrongly treated by the High Priest yet he did not rile him with insults.
I believe Candour has answered you well on this, particularly on the issue of response to the high priest. I hope you see that Paul always acted on what was written.

6. If your words are not words of God then they are evil words- the middle is excluded. Besides the Thessalonians translation that says: warn those that are unruly in other translations says those that break ranks we can cross-reference it with the dogs and evil workers in the book of Phillipians.
The issue for you is what do the portions of scripture that you quote mean? You are not at liberty to interpret words the way you feel or think. Always start from what the scripture means not what you what it to mean. See the quote above again.

7. To those whose hearts are pure all things are pure. If you could see only "money, money, money" in my posts it is because that is probably an area that your spirit is convicting you about. It has nothing to do with me.
It is not what i "see". It is what you WROTE i referred to. When you write or refer to money constantly whose spirit is being revealed there - mine or yours?

You can have a bad life here and still continue the suffering in hell same way I can have a good life here and continue it in Heaven. There is a rest for God's people in this life as we are the sons of God now not just when we get to heaven.
This is irrelevant here. Maybe you are going this way here to muddle up things.

8. Candour said "if he misread you saying we should focus on the sicknesses he would correct you" and not that you NEVER did say what not. Besides, the absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. I hope this does not pass you by.
This is another set of crap...
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
[size=20pt] PAIN AND SUFFERING[/size]

The first person I ever read explain the errors of prosperity teaching was an Anglican Priest, David Prior, in his book - BEDROCK. After he had explained the trouble with this anti Christ gospel he went on to say something that I do not expect children of prosperity churches to understand in this life.

He told us of a health challenge he has. It is a back pain. It comes and goes. He explained that the pain, as his doctors told him, can best be likened to birth pangs. He says when it comes, it leaves him rolling all over in pain. He said he was in the middle of another experience while writing that section of the book. Then it goes as suddenly as it comes.

But he explained that during this session of pain, his ministry opens up. He begins to gain insight like he never had. He enjoys Gods nearness like he never does "normally". He says the best he can say about it is "PAIN MAKES PLAIN". He wishes the pain will go; but at the same time the best results he has gotten from ministry comes in those pain sessions.

Of all Christian authors I have read, I remember David Prior's writings almost verbatim.

I also can testify though not with health challenge but with finances. My best days in Christian discipleship have been when my finances were lowest.

Could this be what Paul meant by the thorn in his flesh?

One thing is clear to me, those who despise pain and suffering in Christian discipleship also forfeit a depth in God that nothing else can give. Not prosperity, not health, not success, not anointing. Those who teach the place of suffering in Christianity, allow God to reach men in a depth that touches the soul.

I request trustman and BabaGnoni to carry on the discourse where it left off.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by trustman: 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
mbaemeka:

1. Jesus should have Prayed for diseases to leave the world instead of healing people who came to him in faith. He is the Miracle-patent; why not ask him that?

Since you WoF advocates have reduced Jesus to your level and elevated yourselves to the level of God this kind of statement so easily comes out of you. You dare equate yourself with the Christ? You don't even seem to know him or his ministry here on earth at his first advent; do you? Again this shows your lack of understanding of what PRAYER is. Remember we were on this sometime back? You are insinuating that the Lord of the Universe be like a mere man? Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 1:24am On Aug 24, 2014
trustman:
Since you WoF advocates have reduced Jesus to your level and elevated yourselves to the level of God this kind of statement so easily comes out of you. You dare equate yourself with the Christ? You don't even seem to know him or his ministry here on earth at his first advent; do you? Again this shows your lack of understanding of what PRAYER is. Remember we were on this sometime back? You are insinuating that the Lord of the Universe be like a mere man? Haba!

This is nonsense. If 'you' can ask me why Ebola and Boko Haram still exist I should ask you why the standard you refer to as untouchable didn't either.

Drop the feigned sense of reverence for Jesus. If you believed him you won't treat his words as if he lied.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 1:53am On Aug 24, 2014
trustman:

You still have a lot to learn. You need to learn something from BabaGnoni’s posted statement:

Now to your issues

A writer in a forum such as this must write to be clearly understood and not assume that the reader read posts "with the spirit of the writer". Write what you mean, mean what you write.

Again this is where you lack balance. The example is to show that a Christian can be sick. It is also to show that if Paul and the early held the same view as you do they should have 'healed' him, not even to pray for healing since you claim the authority is there. But they did not do that. Why do you think they did not?

We are dealing with issues of TRUTH here; why resort to unnecessary exaggeration? How can you "sense that when miracles were "needed" they happened" ? For goodness sake this again is how you go beyond the scripture in the bid to get it to agree with your point of view. Just stick to the word as presented.

This was to point out where you missed it. I was referring to the Acts of the Apostles. Who in the book was performing miracles most - the apostles or every other believer? Don't loose sight of this. What does this tell you?

Should the fact that i don't have a spiritual gift make it easier for me to disbelieve someone who has? We are talking here about WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS and not personal testimonies.

I will choose not to join you in your careless remark regarding Jesus.

If you don't know how to store up for yourself treasures in heaven then it really shows you have a lot of learning to do. And you laugh at an issue that has to do with your ETERNITY. You don't understand that THIS LIFE is like a drop in the bucket compared to ETERNITY. You LOL?
And then bring in Archangel Michael into this? Have you forgotten respect for "higher authority"?

I believe Candour has answered you well on this, particularly on the issue of response to the high priest. I hope you see that Paul always acted on what was written.

The issue for you is what do the portions of scripture that you quote mean? You are not at liberty to interpret words the way you feel or think. Always start from what the scripture means not what you what it to mean. See the quote above again.

It is not what i "see". It is what you WROTE i referred to. When you write or refer to money constantly whose spirit is being revealed there - mine or yours?

This is irrelevant here. Maybe you are going this way here to muddle up things.

This is another set of crap...

This is just another futile drivel at nothingness.

Can you show me just one verse that says a christian can be sick...it is normal? Just a single verse. Should the failure of one Christian be used as a general standard for all christians? Why can't we just learn to take the scriptures for what they are- living and active.

Did Paul suggest that he didn't try to from the Epaphroditus' encounter? What is this nonsense?

I mentioned many instances in Elijahs life as documented in the scriptures. I don't understand how you can't see that many instances although not documented show that his life was an uneding stream of the miraculous. John made the same reference for Jesus I am sure you would have asked him.to stop exaggerating too.

The Acts of the apostles is called the ACTS of the APOSTLES for a reason. It was written majorly about their exploits. Now Jesus didn't give any special mandate concerning these acts to them he gave it to everyone who BELIEVES in him. Why won't you forsake your flesh for once and take him for his word?

Declaring a healing for yourself or for someone doesn't require any special gift. Jesus said we are to use his name and see results. We know about the different gifts but that's not what Jesus referred to in the book of John. If you have the Holy Spirit in you- you have POWER from on high. Now go out and use the power! That's what the bible says. Stop dodging the word: face it and act on it.

A man said he believes today is Monday even when the calendar said Sunday yet when he was asked to go to the office he refused. Does such a person REALLY believe in his Monday talk? If you care so much about Jesus that you feel I am disrespecting...prove it to yourself. Act on his word.

I am laughing at you because you do not know what it means to store up treasures in Heaven. If you did, you would delete all your posts on issues relating to Kingdom finance. That's what storing treasures in heaven means. Where a man keeps his treasures is where his heart really is.

You and Candour put together didn't understand what Paul did and I explained it again to Candour above. You should read my post to understand it. Then juxtapose it with some of the rubbish you have posted or clicked 'like' to.

If you call Oyedepo a thief or click likes to such inanity. You are speaking evil of a dignitary or consenting to it. If you are supporting the causes of those who rebel against teachings of their Pastors and then start up their own fellowships you are breaking ranks and acting like a dog. Paul said we should beware of you.

The money that you hate seeing is my slave. There I said it again. Deal with it.

If we are to suffer on earth then it must only be what Christ mandated us to suffer- and that is persecution. If you are referring to poverty, sickness, death etc Then I am over and above all that because Christ died for me and then placed me to sit with him far above ALL principalities, powers and name that is named in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth.

You can place anything into that box. I am above it. If it offends you it is expected. You are lacking the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 3:29am On Aug 24, 2014
Candour:

I'm not scared of Elijah's achievements and exploits. In fact they remind me of how great, magnificent and sovereign my God is. What I don't do is arrogate the powers of God. See the apostles reaction when some confused men called them gods

Acts 14:11, 14-15 KJV
And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. [14] Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of , they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, [15] And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

If it were to be you, you would have opened a thread on NL to celebrate it and claim you're publicizing Christ.

Exactly my friend. God is the great rescuer and deliverer. The point is that the 3 Hebrew men realised ONLY God has the power to but here you're claiming godhood. Has it ever occurred to you that Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego read psalm 82 before your entire lineage was born? Do you think they forgot it? They understood that scripture didn't mean what you've twisted it into.

I have no problem with God. My problem is with you that claims to have God's ability to do and undo. You call yourself a god, why then would you need God?

God heals my friend. I have no doubt in my mind. What I doubt is you and some pastors self aggrandizing claims to the miraculous.

Philippians 4:16 KJV
For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

2 Corinthians 11:27 KJV
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in[b] fastings[/b] often, in cold and unclothedness.

My dear, Paul didn't lie and he hasn't commissioned you to lie for him. Like the above scripture shows, he knew when he lacked food and was hungry and he also knew when he was fasting.

Paul suffered wants like any average Joe can and needed charity from generous folks.

Of course mbaemeka is a christian because his pastor promised him an escalade and account filled with $$$ if he repeats the sinners prayer. Are the scriptures below in your bible?

Romans 8:35-37 KJV
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

2 Timothy 3:12 KJV
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

No my dear. We all will be basking in our glorious new bodies not subject to sickness, disease neither will we suffer any thing untoward again. That is the hope of the believer. That was the hope Paul and others had that made them not to accuse Christ of lying even though they left this world wretched, poor and wounded.

My friend finally unveils a CEC practice. So it was his large seed that made him get anointed by God? Of course thats the criteria for installing pastors in your church. How morally bankrupt. Is God so needy in your estimation? Even politicians will be ashamed to admit they sell offices to the highest bidder.

Where in the bible did you get this satanic conclusion?

Since you were there tell me whom they gave it to. So the boy became a bread distributor afterwards? Also the Bible calls them remnants, how do you treat remnants of your bread and fish at home? You repackage them for sale? Men, i fear you o. You have no inhibition from creating a lie from the bible and spreading it. Haba!!!

Kai!!! Paul's churches?? Can you point to one verse where Paul referred to any congregation as his church?

See me see wahala?? You're the one who preaches that I should sow seed or die poor, now you accuse me of valuing money. Who is the lover of money? You who is desperate to show all that you're rich or me that isn't bothered whether your famed devourer comes my way or not?

You're the one that won't sleep well this night if anything happens to your money supply. I already have more than my needs met my bro. I don't need the ones your heroes promise you every day.

I hope you get the deliverance

Who can claim to have anything that wasn't given by God even if they refuse to acknowledge him?

Also a greedy man is the man who never has enough. This should be clear from the bible and the dictionary.

Thank God for you if indeed he is. He's God over my money which is why I font give it to thieves who are simply after their bellies and not after God. I give to build God's buildings and they're not mortar and brick but people, Christians.

I am just seeing this.

1. GOD said "Ye are gods and all of you are children of the most high". God said it. Let it marinate.

2. Mbaemeka has no power of his own but the one that God gave me. And I didn't give it back to God I am using it to serve him. Some others don't believe God. What is that to do with me?

3. You really believe. We can take your words for it but we can't take Oyedepos and other MOGs whose belief in God is tangible and evident. The same over-estimated sense of self-importance again.

4. 'unclothed' did you miss that part or don't you think it forms a new meaning to the verse once taken into cognizance. Paul was arrested and imprisoned without food or clothes on some occasions. He ought to have been hungry and cold. What does that have to do with anything?

Vain quibbling over words with nothing being passed.

5. Shall all my experiences seperate me from the love of Christ (Paraphrasing Paul)? Have you been arrested, imprisoned, scourged etc? Again what has this got to do with anything?

6. And leave the persecution gibberish to those who really suffer it. You're a nonentity. The men of God that you rain invectives on are the one's that face it as part of the promises of the gospel. You would be on the side of the one's who make and propagate false accusations about them. You are the insignificant persecutor.

7. We know about the Immortal body. Romans 8:11 says the Holy Spirit vitalizes the mortal one even while we wait. This is not promised to the average Candour. It is to those who have the Holy Spirit.

8.The early apostles called Joses, Barnabas meaning Son of Consolation. They knew he was always sure to respond when a need arose in the early church. Later on the bible describes him as an Apostle and a Prophet and the Holy Spirit separated him specially for a function. Such a selfless Christian I cannot separate his seed from the Grace for Apostleship and Prophetship. I told you he that is trusted in little is trusted in much. Grace abounds to a giver and his righteousness is of established of the lord.

9. They gathered the remnants and threw it away. That's a better explanation. I have to submit to your superior wisdom O wise one.

10. He pastored a church in Galatia et al. Let the pride of goofing by using Paul as a standard to insult MOG not cause you to sink any lower than you already have. Repent from such evil as is unbecoming of a spiritual Christian that you should be considering how derelict your spiritual itinerary has been for years.

11. LOL, I don't need to sow money to reap money. What I have belongs to God and I give it as it comes in. God In return keeps replenishing my reserve because he is my source and I seek more avenues to help others not just "myself" as you are content with. What a life you live. As long as your needs are met you are satisfied. Well, I am not. I want to do more. Sucks to be you.

12. I am delivered from them and I am here to ensure that the newer sheep are delivered from them too. That's why I am here. Just to let some people know that the gospel is beyond the poisonous nonsense that is being peddled as truth.

13. Let him that stole steal no more but let him work with his hands that thing that is good so that he can feed himself and his family? NO. So that he can help others. Grow up from your avarice and mediocrity. God wants you to help more people than yourself.

14. Please don't give thieves. Give to the work of the ministry even as you help the poor. Also don't call any Pastor a thief. The Spirit has asked me to warn you. There is a way that seems right to a man but the ends thereof is destruction.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

1. Please show us where God said he reserves the right to heal a man and juxtapose it with him reserving the right so save anyone. What I mean by this is- If I ask God to come and live in me (salvation) can he say to me "I am sovereign, I will let you be saved if I want to"? Now compare it with receiving healings because the scriptures that tell us about his salvation also tell us about our healings.

I am waiting.

2. Can we just achieve the results of the Heroes of faith before we can also share in their 'perceived' failures? Paul told the church in Philippi to focus on the aspects that are of good report; true; praiseworthy; pure etc. So it is only wise that I celebrate those aspects.

Where are your signs? GOD confirmed the words that the disciples preached with signs and wonders.

3. I have not seen any where that I suggested that the healings were to be wrought by any other name save Jesus' and I have testimonies to back my points.

Anyone who cursorily reads my post and is of God's spirit can tell that I have tasted of the Power from on High so I can tell you. If anything at least my convictions in my posts are evident.

what is rather strange is how the minority that dispute all aspects of acting on the word will now claim they act on the same word. If you have seen a miracle wrought by your hands it will be difficult to criticise another person's. Iron sharpens Iron.

4. Elijah was in no way needy! He was being fed bread and meat by God almighty by Ravens (during a famine). God decided to bless a cheerful-prompt-to-do-it giver whose heart was in her giving so he sent the MOG to go to her.

Elijah asked her for 'seed faith'. He said give the last meal that you have and I assure you you will not lack. The widow responded and was blessed. Elijah didn't steal from her. . .he was sent there to bless her. That's what Jesus taught us! 2 Chronicles 20: 20 says if we believe God's prophets we will PROSPER.

Oyedepo was big before you and will always be big. When you stopped sowing into the work of his ministry he didn't call you over the Phone. He doesn't need you to prosper him it is you who needs him.

Paul told us his church that they were PART-TAKERS of his grace.

5. Jesus passed through that beautiful gate on occasions but he didn't heal the man (obviously the man didn't believe in Jesus and he didn't ask Jesus for help). Now the same man asks Peter and John for help and instead of giving him money. . They healed him.

That's what a healing school is about: People go there expressing faith in God's ability to heal and then God responds by giving it to them. The 'school' in the appellation only formalizes it.

Secondly, please spare us the talk about false prophets and false miracles. We are aware of such. You can show us the real one's yourself so that we can believe you.

It is a lie from the pit of hell that anyone will wrought a miracle in Jesus' name and be evil. Satan can not hear that name without bowing. Demons flee when the name is mentioned.

I personally believe it is easier to perform a miracle in Jesus name than it is to fake one. And I see no reason why anyone will create a school to fake miracles when they don't charge you; don't ask you for your help; feed you themselves; give you shelter; and use the name of Jesus.

Try another lie we are not buying this one. Or better still refer us to your own miracles. Let me see you ask a man on a wheel chair to get up from it and walk in the name of Jesus.

6. If I live and die for Christ my money should live and die for him. My money should go to his work, my money should be channeled to his work. It is an open and shutcase. We don't need to quibble over words.

The irony of it all is that the people who will not let a dime go God's work will in the same breath talk about how they support the help of the poor. The brethren of Judas'.

Of course, NL is faceless so I am left to judge you and your ilk by your words. On that authority I can put it to you that if I was to compare what I give out to the sum total of you and your ilk you lot will not measure up.

I don't see how the 5K you didn't give towards LFCs church project affected the completion of it or Oyedepos networth. You exaggerate your importance alot that is what I can gather.

7. MONEY moves the gospel in this day. Pristine door-to-door evangelism is effective but it's far-reaching capabilities isn't. The time is short and the lord is soon to come. This message has to get to every nuke and cranny of the world before the Master returns. Jesus said the harvest is plenteous but the labourers are few and I don't expect Dangote to use his money to propagate the gospel so I have to do it myself.

If this sort of conviction is above your pay grade it is understandable. It is not above mine. God in response to his word keeps making all grace abound toward me so I am always having enough to give at every opportunity. I have the mind of christ who said his kingdom is spread abroad through the prosperity of his citizens. I don't ask for prosperity it is already mine. And I am not contented with just me, myself and I (like you non-greedy christians are) grin

I would rather desire to have more so I can help more than to be satisfied with the mediocrity that you and your ilk have accepted.

Jesus said where a man's treasure is that is where his heart will be.

8. You want to help Paul explain himself and Paul said that is a lie. Paul didn't know who Ananias was he thought he was just another man and so he called him a whitewashed wall. Someone said to Paul "you revile the High Priest" and Paul apologised saying "We are not to speak evil of Dignitaries". Paul is christian and Ananias a Jew yet Paul did not call him a charlatan.

That same Paul in almost all his writings admonished his members to imitate him in that regard. David after having learnt about Sauls death said to his soldiers " tell it not in Garth" in other words, don't say it amongst the heathen.

These men are wiser than your entire clan. You should do well to learn a thing or two from them.

I can relate to this kind of pomposity because I have been there before.

My pastors back then always made me and other regular donors feel like we were very special to God because we were 'partners' in 'his business' by doling out our cash to the church. As you progress on this journey, you begin to interpret most bible portions to align with your 'money rain' mindset then you begin to see the 'church building or structure' as the fertile land to sow your seeds and the needy ones around, as less or nonfertile - after all, what stops them from exercising your kind of 'faith'.

This walk gradually draws you closer to the heart of your 'father in the lord' but farther away from your Father's but hey, guess we all know pride doesn't jump on anyone. It creeps in slowly.

There is a way that [b]seems right [/b]to a man, but it's end is the way of death

Brother, slow down.

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

I am just seeing this.

1. GOD said "Ye are gods and all of you are children of the most high". God said it. Let it marinate.

In the same chapter where you got this warped idea from, see what God told those he referred to as gods

Psalm 82:7 KJV
But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

If only you learn to let the bible say what it wants to say. God knew whom he was talking to there and it sure wasn't you or where you a judge in Israel? See the scriptures

Psalm 82:1-4 KJV
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. [2] How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. [3] Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. [4] Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

That scripture read fully will tell you that you've bastardised it to fulfill the lie the devil used to hoodwink eve in the garden.

When Jesus used that reference in John, who was he referring to? Christians or the blaspheming Jews who wanted to stone him for claiming Sonship of God? Are u one of them?

2. Mbaemeka has no power of his own but the one that God gave me. And I didn't give it back to God I am using it to serve him. Some others don't believe God. What is that to do with me?

And God made you his partner god? I have heard some of you claim you can create like God, how many plants and animals have you created so far?

People believe God. What people will not swallow is vapour like you claiming godhood.

James 4:14 KJV
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

3. You really believe. We can take your words for it but we can't take Oyedepos and other MOGs whose belief in God is tangible and evident. The same over-estimated sense of self-importance again.

not my words for I've not made any claims. However your claims are bogus and pure lies and same with the claims of most of the big 'men of God'

4. 'unclothed' did you miss that part or don't you think it forms a new meaning to the verse once taken into cognizance. Paul was arrested and imprisoned without food or clothes on some occasions. He ought to have been hungry and cold. What does that have to do with anything?

Vain quibling over words with nothing being passed.

I thought you said he never suffered hunger? Now its vain quibling because your lie was exposed? Everything Paul suffered, he listed. You lied that he never suffered hunger because you've been taught that a christian shouldn't be honest about his situation. The apostle obviously sees the larger picture and enumerated all his travails so we will all know he wasn't superhuman. See them again

2 Corinthians 11:23-27 KJV
Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. [24] Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. [25] Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; [26] In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; [27] In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness.

Paul suffered like the Christians in Iraq are currently suffering. Like the Christians in northern Nigeria are currently suffering. Like true Christians in southern Nigeria would suffer if God doesn't keep BH at bay.

5. Shall all my experiences seperate me from the love of Christ (Paraphrasing Paul)? Have you been arrested, imprisoned, scourged etc? Again what has this got to do with anything?

If you suffer like Paul did or like the Christians in borno and yobe are currently doing, you would have given up on Christianity a long time ago. Its obvious as you said it yourself. Its clear you are in church because you were promised an eldorado as long as you keep greasing the palms of your pastors.

6. And leave the persecution gibberish to those who really suffer it. You're a nonentity. The men of God that you rain invectives on are the one's that face it as part of the promises of the gospel. You would be on the side of the one's who make and propagate false accusations about them. You are the insignificant persecutor.

Why do you like confusing yourself? You call me a nonentity and at the same time, you cry that I'm persecuting your heroes? How can a nonentity persecute big 'gods'?

In any case, you, your pastors and I are equally nonentities in the sight of God and can be zapped at his pleasure. As long as you, your mog and I are in this body of flesh and blood, we all are but vapour and grass

James 4:13-16 KJV
Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: [14] Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. [15] For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. [16] But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

1 Peter 1:24 KJV
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

7. We know about the Immortal body. Romans 8:11 says the Holy Spirit vitalizes the mortal one even while we wait. This is not promised to the average Candour. It is to those who have the Holy Spirit.

So you know there's an immortal body we will get at Christ second coming? I thought you are already a god and already like Christ with all his resurrection features?

Will you eventually die and rot in the grave if Jesus tarries? Did Kathryn khulman have this holy spirit? Did Paul crouch have it? Did Oral Roberts have it? Keep deceiving yourself.

8.The early apostles called Joses, Barnabas meaning Son of Consolation. They knew he was always sure to respond when a need arose in the early church. Later on the bible describes him as an Apostle and a Prophet and the Holy Spirit separated him specially for a function. Such a selfless Christian I cannot separate his seed from the Grace for Apostleship and Prophetship. I told you he that is trusted in little is trusted in much. Grace abounds to a giver and his righteousness is of established of the lord.

Really?? What about the others that gave everything according to the scriptures below?

Acts 2:45 KJV
And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men , as every man had need.

Acts 4:34 KJV
Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Were they also rewarded with pastorates and apostolic office? You're really trying hard to make the apostles look like your leaders who sell positions in your church to the highest bidder. Keep embarrassing yourself.

9. They gathered the remnants and threw it away. That's a better explanation. I have to submit to your superior wisdom O wise one.

Of course you have no choice but to agree with truth. What else will a rational human being do with remnants of fish and bread?

10. He pastored a church in Galatia et al. Let the pride of goofing by using Paul as a standard to insult MOG not cause you to sink any lower than you already have. Repent from such evil as is unbecoming of a spiritual Christian that you should be considering how derelict your spiritual itinerary has been for years.

My dear, if we have 12 mog in this country who have the anointing, integrity and compassion of the apostles with the tolerance Christianity has today, the whole nation would have been won for Christ. Instead we have plenty crooks and their lackeys like you who worship them and equate them to God. Oh I even forgot you're a god yourself.

11. LOL, I don't need to sow money to reap money. What I have belongs to God and I give it as it comes in. God In return keeps replenishing my reserve because he is my source and I seek more avenues to help others not just "myself" as you are content with. What a life you live. As long as your needs are met you are satisfied. Well, I am not. I want to do more. Sucks to be you.

Really? So are your pastors who threaten and cajole people to sow money into their ministries and reap megally lying?

So you actually reckon with the needy? I thought your pastor is the only one you're mandated to give to so the returns can be great? Of course you can't be me. You're too greedy to be me.

12. I am delivered from them and I am here to ensure that the newer sheep are delivered from them too. That's why I am here. Just to let some people know that the gospel is beyond the poisonous nonsense that is being peddled as truth.

Then you repackage them into the bondage to your pastors you've put yourself into? Tell them theyre gods while taking the little they have from them? Don't worry, folks are reading and I trust God is showing them the truth.

13. Let him that stole steal no more but let him work with his hands that thing that is good so that he can feed himself and his family? NO. So that he can help others. Grow up from your avarice and mediocrity. God wants you to help more people than yourself.

Hmmm....you've never given much thought to the poor so why pretend like you care now? You insult those less privileged so why are u suddenly forming compassion? How much does a human being really need to live? I have no problem giving to the needy and ive preached that to u countless times but you'll rather give to an overfed pastor. If you and your churches truly care for the poor, with the funds at your disposal, you shouldn't have a single needy person in your church.

14. Please don't give thieves. Give to the work of the ministry even as you help the poor. Also don't call any Pastor a thief. The Spirit has asked me to warn you. There is a way that seems right to a man but the ends thereof is destruction.

Its only an evil spirit that would want anyone to cover up a thief and encourage him to keep taking money from the needy hiding under the canopy of God. You're obviously scared and in awe of your pastors, I'm not.

The spirit asked me not to cover up criminal activities. If a pastor steals or defrauds people in his name or in the name of God, he's a thief. He's a robber.

3 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

Of course Jesus knew it was premature for any talks of utopia. He knew there is a time coming there will be a new earth and a new heaven and until that time, all creation including you even if you keep lying about it will continue to groan and travail in this body of corruption. I dont need to ask him why. I already know because he told us in the word. Christ showed us a glimpse of it before and after ressurection.

You're the one lying and trying to run ahead of Christ to your destruction. Plenty of your heroes made more boastings than you and they were liquidated by diseases that some sinners never even encounter. I hope you don't go the same route.

2. until you understand what Paul said in Romans 8:11 you will grow sickly, die; in accidents; get murdered etc. Each man to his own. I prefer my poison to yours. I can see my results but you have nothing to expect.

You could have been beheaded like Paul if you were a christian 'unlucky' to be born in Mosul, Iraq. Rather you boast because God made it possible for you to be born to a tolerant community in southern Nigeria.

Are the Christians being bombed, beheaded, shot and wounded in borno and yobe less christian than you? Is it their faith that failed?

Of course I prefer my position too but I know better than to boast its due to my level of faith or spiritual knowledge.

3. Salvation is of the Spirit; soul and body. You over-estimate your opinions I told you before.

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV
In whom ye also trusted , after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Earnest in that passage means 'down payment'. The bolded portion says God sealed us with his spirit as a down payment UNTIL the redemption of the possession he purchased.

When is the until going to be? Or when did it materialise?
What is the purchased possession that God will redeem then?
If your body has been saved from corruption, why do you still fall into ocassional sin? Why would you grow old, weak, wrinkle and die?(if Jesus tarries)

4. LOL, as intelligent as you think you are you didn't see that well-written nonsense for what it was- Nonsense! I have been on NL longer than my moniker suggests. I read Sirjohn's fables in 2008 when he posted it and I can assure you he failed miserably at his discreditation of the healing school. 6 years down the line and there's now one in Canada to add to the one in SA and Nigeria. Presidents, captains of industry, CEOs, thousands and thousands of people have gone there post-Sirjohns nonsense and all came back to give different testimonies and accounts. John 7:12 says Jews said Jesus was deceiving the people too. LOL

I repeat, it is easier to perform a miracle in Jesus name than to fake one.

Alqaeda also expanded into Africa during that period, it doesn't mean they're right. Boko haram also became very widely known and expanded their operations, it doesn't also mean God sanctioned them. Olumba Olumba Obu too must have expanded during this period. It signifies nothing about God's righteousness. These only mean desperate people are increasing everyday.

So keep on opening and expanding.

A miracle is easier to perform in Jesus name if indeed its a miracle and not some stage managed act for which your group is well known.

5. You can stop us from faking miracles by showing us how it is really done or you can keep mum.

You guys are incorrigible and totally sold to falsehood and fraud. They don't teach or show people how to perform miracle. Its your warped idea of God that plants such thoughts in your heart. God does his miracles in his own way.

6. Yes, I put money into my Pastors laps. But I will not lie that I saw bank cheques addressed to Oyedepo's account in terms of "sowing seeds". Oyedepo stopped taking a salary from his church since the 80s and will now give people his account details to give him 2k? I think it safer to believe Oyedepo than you. If you are so desperate to invoke argumentums ad verecundiam to make a point then we should expect more fabrications than just the bank tale rubbish.

eyaa, if only he knows. Whether he takes a salary or not is irrelevant here. The man and his family own everything so what does a salary mean to him? Does Adenuga need a salary from Globacom?

You dont need to believe me but whether or not you do, LFC attendees will not deny that People climb pulpits and testify that they sowed money into 'papa's' account and the 'god of oyedepo' gave them breakthroughs neither will those who attended WOFBI at different locations at least as at 2010 deny that Pastors gave his account numbers to people who wish to sow into them so they can tap his anointing

7. God prospers me in his way, I put him first so I respond and look for needs in his house to be met. You don't give and when others get you won't sleep. Then you, in a sweeping move call the givers greedy and you the hoarders- selfless. You have got jokes to give Julius Agwu.

Me don't give? Me call givers greedy?? Not at all. Those I call greedy are those who see God as a Kalo kalo machine which you can manipulate for your benefit.

Resources must flow from those who have to those who don't have in the gathering of God's people has been and will always be my belief. Anything contrary removes God from such a congregation.

This was the practice of the early church. This was the belief and lifestyle of Jesus and its my belief as well.

8. I don't really know sons of hell- I left that judgment to the word long ago but I am 99% sure they would specialize in despising dominion, speaking evil of dignitaries; speaking evil of those things which they know not, tell lies, believe lies, endorse lies, move from church to church like spiritual nomads and vagabonds; having no Pastors over their heads etc.

You know your g.o too fits the bill of a vagabond? He too was said never to have had a pastor over his head. Abi who is the pastor over him now?

There's only one church my friend. Its called the body of Christ, the bride of Christ. It surely has no office on earth. Its headquarters is in heaven. All saved souls belong to it irrespective of which location they worshiped at today. Men can keep on forming their own 'church'. God knows only one.

9. Yea the business of bringing people into God's salvation- with everything we have got. If you are a greedy churl this will irritate you.

No bro. You're only in it to line your pockets. If you say membership drive, you'll be right. Soul winning is very far from your mind.

10. Keep that unintelligent response about High priests and political leaders nonsense to someone who knows less. King Herod and Agrippa come to mind so easily. The High Priests are and will always be Spiritual leaders like Oyedepo, Adeboye and Kumuyi etc. are today. Paul defamed the High Priest Ananias and quickly apologized because he was in the wrong. Even if Ananias wasn't Paul's spiritual leader at the time

Keep calling them charlatans. You are so spiritual!! But I do not envy you.

So your pastors are in the mould of the high priests? No wonder they run your life for you. Paul called him ruler of the people. Is oyaks also your ruler?

Also, pls keep Kumuyi out of that group. He has never called himself a high priest because he knows better neither has he called himself a god because again, he's not on the useless ego trip that confuses you and your heroes.

11. Of course, you saw the anointing on Saul's life because you lived in his day. This reminds me of the Jews who said they knew God spoke to Moses but could not be certain that God spoke to Jesus.

I have seeing the power of God at work in these men's lives and as such will not join you scoffers in your road to destruction. I have too much rank for that.

Saul was anointed and we read it in the bible. Hope you know the fact that anyone had oil poured on him doesn't mean God anointed him? Because you should know Goya oil cost less than 300 naira to buy so you can also get yourself anointed by me today if you wish.

What did Jesus do when the jews said that? Did he rain fire and brimstone on them as you wish you could do now?

But you can scoff at God, ridicule God by telling me you are in God's class and can do what God can do because God utilises the same faith that is available to you? My friend, its you I'm afraid for. You, a mere mortal that God had pity on claiming God's abilities. You and your heroes don't fear God, why should I fear you?

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2014
Every miracle Jesus did in the bible were borne out of compassion. Not to show he was powerful or anointed. The two times Jesus spoke about "power" were, first of all, his power to forgive sins. Secondly, he spoke of the power he had to lay down his life for sinners to be saved - Prof Segun Areola, Chapel of the Ressurection, University of Ibadan, today.

I thought this statement might be relevant to the discuss so far.

3 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
Processor01:

My pastors back then always made me and other regular donors feel like we were very special to God because we were 'partners' in 'his business' by doling out our cash to the church. As you progress on this journey, you begin to interpret most bible portions to align with your 'money rain' mindset then you begin to see the 'church building or structure' as the fertile land to sow your seeds and the needy ones around, as less or nonfertile - after all, what stops them from exercising your kind of 'faith'.

This walk gradually draws you closer to the heart of your 'father in the lord' but farther away from your Father's but hey, guess we all know pride doesn't jump on anyone. It creeps in slowly.

There is a way that [b]seems right [/b]to a man, but it's end is the way of death

Brother, slow down.

Exactly. Such attitudes makes people become cruel, unfeeling and inconsiderate. They start believing the needy and the sick are the architects of their own misfortune since they refuse to 'utilise faith'. How then can such a person tell you he's concerned about the needy? You'll just immediately know such is a liar. No wonder they'd rather give to the already overfed and over rich pastor than look in the direction of one needy brother "who is too faithless to receive from God".

To them giving to rich pastor means giving to God while giving to the poor is just alms. Clearly turning the words of Jesus Christ in Matt 25:35-45 upside down.

God bless you bro.

5 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by trustman: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka

This is just another futile drivel at nothingness.

Can you show me just one verse that says a christian can be sick...it is normal? Just a single verse. Should the failure of one Christian be used as a general standard for all christians? Why can't we just learn to take the scriptures for what they are- living and active.
I know you are looking for a Theology 101 class before you can understand simple issues which somebody in the world may readily grasp. What does 1 Corinthians 15: 35 – 58 tell you about the human body? What does Philippians 3: 21 tell you about the same body?

Did Paul suggest that he didn't try to from the Epaphroditus' encounter? What is this nonsense?

I mentioned many instances in Elijahs life as documented in the scriptures. I don't understand how you can't see that many instances although not documented show that his life was an uneding stream of the miraculous. John made the same reference for Jesus I am sure you would have asked him.to stop exaggerating too.
Wait a minute! You mean you have details about Elijah that were not documented in the Bible? From where did you get them – from ‘revelation’ knowledge? What a “spiritual” man you must be getting ‘fresh revelations’ on Elijah’s life! Very soon apart all scripture that we have we shall be having additional ones from mbaemeka and his likes that they want us to add to the existing canon.
My friend, when John wrote what he wrote he knew what he was saying and no one today can come up to fill in the gaps for him.

The Acts of the apostles is called the ACTS of the APOSTLES for a reason. It was written majorly about their exploits. Now Jesus didn't give any special mandate concerning these acts to them he gave it to everyone who BELIEVES in him. Why won't you forsake your flesh for once and take him for his word?
If everyone was supposed to be doing these acts, mbaemeka, how come Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12: 12 – “The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with utmost patience, with signs and wonders and mighty works"?

Declaring a healing for yourself or for someone doesn't require any special gift. Jesus said we are to use his name and see results. We know about the different gifts but that's not what Jesus referred to in the book of John. If you have the Holy Spirit in you- you have POWER from on high. Now go out and use the power! That's what the bible says. Stop dodging the word: face it and act on it.

A man said he believes today is Monday even when the calendar said Sunday yet when he was asked to go to the office he refused. Does such a person REALLY believe in his Monday talk? If you care so much about Jesus that you feel I am disrespecting...prove it to yourself. Act on his word.

I am laughing at you because you do not know what it means to store up treasures in Heaven. If you did, you would delete all your posts on issues relating to Kingdom finance. That's what storing treasures in heaven means. Where a man keeps his treasures is where his heart really is.
You are the one who should be laughed at. What did Lazarus in Luke 16: 19-31 do regarding ‘KINGDOM FINANCE’, mbaemeka style, to qualify him for what he had in the hereafter?

You and Candour put together didn't understand what Paul did and I explained it again to Candour above. You should read my post to understand it. Then juxtapose it with some of the rubbish you have posted or clicked 'like' to.

If you call Oyedepo a thief or click likes to such inanity. You are speaking evil of a dignitary or consenting to it. If you are supporting the causes of those who rebel against teachings of their Pastors and then start up their own fellowships you are breaking ranks and acting like a dog. Paul said we should beware of you.
So a ‘dignitary’ to you is your “MoG”? And you do seriously think that was what Jude was referring to? This truly shows the level of your understanding of scripture.

The money that you hate seeing is my slave. There I said it again. Deal with it.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

If we are to suffer on earth then it must only be what Christ mandated us to suffer- and that is persecution. If you are referring to poverty, sickness, death etc Then I am over and above all that because Christ died for me and then placed me to sit with him far above ALL principalities, powers and name that is named in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth.
If your definition of suffering is restricted to only ‘persecution’ then I can see how shallow your definition is and why you people cannot cope with the issue of Job.

You can place anything into that box. I am above it. If it offends you it is expected. You are lacking the Spirit.
Offend me? Only an immature person will be ‘offended’ by a baby’s tantrum.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Candour:

In the same chapter where you got this warped idea from, see what God told those he referred to as gods

Psalm 82:7 KJV
But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

If only you learn to let the bible say what it wants to say. God knew whom he was talking to there and it sure wasn't you or where you a judge in Israel? See the scriptures

Psalm 82:1-4 KJV
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. [2] How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. [3] Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. [4] Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

That scripture read fully will tell you that you've bastardised it to fulfill the lie the devil used to hoodwink eve in the garden.

When Jesus used that reference in John, who was he referring to? Christians or the blaspheming Jews who wanted to stone him for claiming Sonship of God? Are u one of them?

I have been avoiding to make a long post but I might need to just to show you how uninformed you are of the scriptures.

First things first- (Psalms 82) God said ye are gods and all of you are children of the most high vv6. But you have judged unjustly and accepted the ideas of wicked men vv1. You have not defended the poor and needy; you have not helped the afflicted vv3 and 4. because you don't know anything neither will you take your time to understand instead you walk on in darkness vv5. That's why Candour and his people die like mere men and fall like one of the princes vv7.

Jesus said I and My Father are one and it offended the Jews because they knew the essence of that statement- (John 10)He was saying he was God vv33. and they understood that declaration to be blasphemous so they sought to stone him vv33a. Then Jesus quoted the Psalms 82 to them showing that God himself had at one time called his people gods simply because they received his word vv35 and the scriptures can not be broken; so why will it now be blasphemous for him who God sent to also make a similar claim vv36.

Then Candour and his ignorant ilk sought to kill him.

And God made you his partner god? I have heard some of you claim you can create like God, how many plants and animals have you created so far?

People believe God. What people will not swallow is vapour like you claiming godhood.

I am not Elohim- the creator God. I am not god over God. I am god over the world and it's system. I am god over sickness, disease, poverty, ruin, lack, ignorance etc. by the authority that God gave me. Do you want to know why this truth is above your ability to comprehend?

Matthew 13:14-15King James Version (KJV)

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

...and the alas the scriptures cannot be broken!

I thought you said he never suffered hunger? Now its vain quibling because your lie was exposed? Everything Paul suffered, he listed. You lied that he never suffered hunger because you've been taught that a christian shouldn't be honest about his situation. The apostle obviously sees the larger picture and enumerated all his travails so we will all know he wasn't superhuman

I said Paul said- "I know how to abase and I know how to abound" then I concluded that I too know how to go hungry and how to abound. Please show me where I said Paul never suffered hunger. I will wait.

As per what you refer to as "being honest" Let God be true and every man a liar.

If you suffer like Paul did or like the Christians in borno and yobe are currently doing, you would have given up on Christianity a long time ago. Its obvious as you said it yourself. Its clear you are in church because you were promised an eldorado as long as you keep greasing the palms of your pastors.

Show us where I said "I would have given up on Christianity a long time ago if I was suffering" or remain a compulsive liar forever. Why am I surprised? You told blatant lies about a well-respected MOG on this thread why should we put that penchant away from you as regards me?

Why do you like confusing yourself? You call me a nonentity and at the same time, you cry that I'm persecuting your heroes? How can a nonentity persecute big 'gods'?

In any case, you, your pastors and I are equally nonentities in the sight of God and can be zapped at his pleasure. As long as you, your mog and I are in this body of flesh and blood, we all are but vapour and grass

For what it's worth you are still a nonentity- an ignorant one at that. BTW that book of James 4 you quoted had this to say in vv11- Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law interestingly he spoke about Proud people who refuse to humble themselves before God or his word vv10(for they are the same). So we can deduce that the proud "brethren" in vv10 ends up speaking evil of another brethren vv11. That same egocentric brethren is the one who boasts that they made it in life without God's help seeing that making it in life is available to every Joe.

It is that brethren's life that will vanish away vv14.

So you know there's an immortal body we will get at Christ second coming? I thought you are already a god and already like Christ with all his resurrection features?

Will you eventually die and rot in the grave if Jesus tarries? Did Kathryn khulman have this holy spirit? Did Paul crouch have it? Did Oral Roberts have it? Keep deceiving yourself.

The body is not the real man- the Spirit is. I am sure all your nomadic travels across many churches didn't give you the chance to learn that. So Oral Roberts et al are not rotting in the grave: they are in heaven with Jesus.

BTW "If the Spirit of God that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you. . . he will also vitalize; quicken; reinvigorate your MORTAL BODY" Romans 8:11. Learn to believe the scriptures and leave men and women of God who have achieved way more than you could ever given 10 lifetimes each of 100 years.

Really?? What about the others that gave everything according to the scriptures below?

Acts 2:45 KJV
And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men , as every man had need.

Acts 4:34 KJV
Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Were they also rewarded with pastorates and apostolic office? You're really trying hard to make the apostles look like your leaders who sell positions in your church to the highest bidder. Keep embarrassing yourself.

Chief Ignoramus, would you need another bible study class?

All the apostles and disciples brought all they had so that the needs of the members will be met and nobody lacked anything. (Acts 4:33/34/35). Then the Holy Spirit saw it fit to instruct Luke to give Joses a special mention by telling us he did same (vv 37) and the Holy Spirit never gives pleonastic information.

That same Joses became popular amongst the apostles because he had a name, Barnabas which means Son of Consolation vv36. They called him so because he was always known to be responsive and cheerful when a need arose in the church. Now this same Barnabas was described in Acts 11 as a good man; full of the spirit and of faith. It shows us that it takes the Spirit, Faith and good intentions for someone to bring his money to church so that needs can be met. Any average Candour cannot do it.

Later on when the disciples were raising funds to help the brethren in Judea following a famine the elders of the church agreed that Paul and Barnabas should be trusted with the responsibility- behold any man who can give his own money can be trusted with the monies of others.

This same Barnabas was later referred to as a Prophet and a Teacher Acts 13:1 and later an Apostle when he was sent with Paul to preach in Gentile regions etc. Hence, why I said you cannot separate the grace that abounds to a giver from the role he would play in the House of God. Your friend, that was sacked as a worker in his church was rightfully treated. If he cannot give in church, he should not be in a leadership position. Period. He will steal people's money and use it for his blog

Some of The MOGs you insult are the biggest givers in their ministries. They lead well and as such they will be followed likewise. All rebels will make noise for a while and then vanish away!

My dear, if we have 12 mog in this country who have the anointing, integrity and compassion of the apostles with the tolerance Christianity has today, the whole nation would have been won for Christ. Instead we have plenty crooks and their lackeys like you who worship them and equate them to God. Oh I even forgot you're a god yourself.

Oh, so we don't have up to 12 MOG in Nigeria? You think the things going on are as a result of so? You have a lot to learn about the things of God. Please meditate on this verse of scripture:

Proverbs 11:11King James Version (KJV)
11 By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked

Nigeria is being restrained by the mouth's of wicked and unreasonable men who; speak evil of Dignitaries; of the country; of the citizens etc. These words do more harm than the weapons of Boko Haramists or the Ebola virus. That's why I laugh when Ignoramuses say the words we speak don't matter. Our words matter- use it to bless and lift people. Administer grace to your hearers and leave lies to the father of it- the Devil!

It is only wise to say at this juncture, that it would have been worse save for the prayers of intercession by these MOG and I am one of them glorrrrry!

Really? So are your pastors who threaten and cajole people to sow money into their ministries and reap megally lying?

So you actually reckon with the needy? I thought your pastor is the only one you're mandated to give to so the returns can be great? Of course you can't be me. You're too greedy to be me.

A greedy man is satisfied with self. I am satisfied only when others have it too. You on the otherhand are a self-professed. . .

Hmmm....you've never given much thought to the poor so why pretend like you care now? You insult those less privileged so why are u suddenly forming compassion? How much does a human being really need to live? I have no problem giving to the needy and ive preached that to u countless times but you'll rather give to an overfed pastor. If you and your churches truly care for the poor, with the funds at your disposal, you shouldn't have a single needy person in your church

There are different types of giving and for different purposes. Stop conflating all of them. The person who still gives to the Pastor, gives to the church, gives to the needy etc. and still meets his personal needs. You who gives to the needy alone (We wish) will only remain at that level. Grace abounds to a giver and he would always have all sufficiency to meet other needs not just his personal ones.

You attend a church that has a generator (I presume) have you asked how it is fueled? No, you would rather criticize and insult those that do- because the grace of God over their lives hurts the demons that advice you.

BTW If I start to announce the help that the church has ministered to people you would think we are running for government and the same lot will say they are boasting.

Its only an evil spirit that would want anyone to cover up a thief and encourage him to keep taking money from the needy hiding under the canopy of God. You're obviously scared and in awe of your pastors, I'm not.

The spirit asked me not to cover up criminal activities. If a pastor steals or defrauds people in his name or in the name of God, he's a thief. He's a robber.

The same spirit that spoke to Jannes and Jambres, to Miriam, to Hemogenes etc. Yes, definitely that spirit speaks to you and it is so easy for you to concede to his whims. If you spend time in prayerful intersession for the saints it would be very difficult to open the same mouth and rain abuses on those who you have already prayed for.

I pray this wisdom isn't above you too much even as I commend you to the word, who Judges rightly. We would all give accounts.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
Processor01:

Brother, slow down.

The same people who criticized MOG for becoming Pastors when it was not fashionable-saying they should not have "wasted" their University degrees on such a mission are the same one's to claim that they became so because of pecuniary gains.

Those of us who know where we were before we met these men and where we are now because of the grace of God in their ministries know better than you who gave to gain.

God searches the heart of a man and knows us by our spirits. He knows you and he knows me. Let us see how far we would go. Mark this message.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Candour:

Of course Jesus knew it was premature for any talks of utopia. He knew there is a time coming there will be a new earth and a new heaven and until that time, all creation including you even if you keep lying about it will continue to groan and travail in this body of corruption. I dont need to ask him why. I already know because he told us in the word. Christ showed us a glimpse of it before and after ressurection.

You're the one lying and trying to run ahead of Christ to your destruction. Plenty of your heroes made more boastings than you and they were liquidated by diseases that some sinners never even encounter. I hope you don't go the same route.

If he knew he wouldn't assure us health why heal the many that he did and why take upon himself our sicknesses and diseases when he died on the cross? Your reasoning of God is convoluted to say the least...and tiring.

As per my health: I dwell in health and I always will!!

You could have been beheaded like Paul if you were a christian 'unlucky' to be born in Mosul, Iraq. Rather you boast because God made it possible for you to be born to a tolerant community in southern Nigeria.

Are the Christians being bombed, beheaded, shot and wounded in borno and yobe less christian than you? Is it their faith that failed?

Of course I prefer my position too but I know better than to boast its due to my level of faith or spiritual knowledge.

Stop conflating all teachings. Learn to spot the difference between faith and providence.

Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV
In whom ye also trusted , after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Earnest in that passage means 'down payment'. The bolded portion says God sealed us with his spirit as a down payment UNTIL the redemption of the possession he purchased.

When is the until going to be? Or when did it materialise?
What is the purchased possession that God will redeem then?
If your body has been saved from corruption, why do you still fall into ocassional sin? Why would you grow old, weak, wrinkle and die?(if Jesus tarries)

I am done teaching for today. But God has saved us from sin why do you still fall into occasional sin? That's the same reason Christians still fall in and out of sicknesses even though Jesus us healed us of them all over 2000 years ago. They know not, neither will they understand, they walk on in darkness. . .hence, they die like mere men and fall like one of the princes.

A miracle is easier to perform in Jesus name if indeed its a miracle and not some stage managed act for which your group is well known.

Jude:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time. . .
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

If You have ever stretched forth your hand to command a disease to leave in the Name of Jesus you would not be able to say some things that you say. But we know why.

You guys are incorrigible and totally sold to falsehood and fraud. They don't teach or show people how to perform miracle. Its your warped idea of God that plants such thoughts in your heart. God does his miracles in his own way.

Ignorant men call fraud, those things that they tried themselves to do but it didn't work. Faith works by LOVE (Gal 5:6). If you are passionate about sick people and have love for them- the love of God. You will use the name of Jesus and watch the ailment run off the person.

Me don't give? Me call givers greedy?? Not at all. Those I call greedy are those who see God as a Kalo kalo machine which you can manipulate for your benefit.

Resources must flow from those who have to those who don't have in the gathering of God's people has been and will always be my belief. Anything contrary removes God from such a congregation.

This was the practice of the early church. This was the belief and lifestyle of Jesus and its my belief as well.

Mary Magdalene should have given her money to the poor; she should not have wasted it on Jesus who could have called money from a Fish's mouth.

You know your g.o too fits the bill of a vagabond? He too was said never to have had a pastor over his head. Abi who is the pastor over him now?

You read a comment and didn't understand it then you generalized sweepingly as usual. If you care to know his father, grand father and great grand father were Pastors and the church they Pastored in is still very much in Nigeria. All these were happening while you and your clan were still doing ablutions, clubbing and killing for virgins in Utopia.

Who Pastored Paul?

No bro. You're only in it to line your pockets. If you say membership drive, you'll be right. Soul winning is very far from your mind.

I can see how very much it is in your mind. Keep following your father that was cast down from heaven by attempting to strike the Shepherd so that the sheep will be scattered. Spirits are cheering you- evil ones.

So your pastors are in the mould of the high priests? No wonder they run your life for you. Paul called him ruler of the people. Is oyaks also your ruler?

Also, pls keep Kumuyi out of that group. He has never called himself a high priest because he knows better neither has he called himself a god because again, he's not on the useless ego trip that confuses you and your heroes.

Any spiritual leader is a a spiritual leader and therefor a dignitary even Imams and Shiites. Don't speak evil of them instead if you see any wrongdoings condoned or executed by them go on your knees in prayerful intersession. What you and your ilk cannot do by calling them names from now till eternity that prayer of intercession can.

But how would you know when you have arrogated (albeit ignominiously) all truth to yourself?

Saul was anointed and we read it in the bible. Hope you know the fact that anyone had oil poured on him doesn't mean God anointed him? Because you should know Goya oil cost less than 300 naira to buy so you can also get yourself anointed by me today if you wish.

What did Jesus do when the jews said that? Did he rain fire and brimstone on them as you wish you could do now?

But you can scoff at God, ridicule God by telling me you are in God's class and can do what God can do because God utilises the same faith that is available to you? My friend, its you I'm afraid for. You, a mere mortal that God had pity on claiming God's abilities. You and your heroes don't fear God, why should I fear you?

I don't follow any Pastor to his house to know he is anointed. I simply take him for his words and respect him accordingly after all, love believes all. . .If he was lying God will expose him the way he knows how to do best my duty is to pray for him. I don't agree with all the teachings of Pastor Kumuyi for example, but I know he is a MOG whom God has used so mightily to instruct the saints in holiness, power and prosperity amongst other things. I give him his due respect by esteeming him very highly in love because of his work.

I am a joint-heir with Christ!! I am a son of God now!! Not when I get to heaven but right now.

Manchester United are drawing I need to celebrate it. Bye.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

I have been avoiding to make a long post but I might need to just to show you how uninformed you are of the scriptures.

First things first- (Psalms 82) God said ye are gods and all of you are children of the most high vv6. But you have judged unjustly and accepted the ideas of wicked men vv1. You have not defended the poor and needy; you have not helped the afflicted vv3 and 4. because you don't know anything neither will you take your time to understand instead you walk on in darkness vv5. That's why Candour and his people die like mere men and fall like one of the princes vv7.

Jesus said I and My Father are one and it offended the Jews because they knew the essence of that statement- (John 10)He was sayinFg he was God vv33. and they understood that declaration to be blasphemous so they sought to stone him vv33a. Then Jesus quoted the Psalms 82 to them showing that God himself had at one time called his people gods simply because they received his word vv35 and the scriptures can not be broken; so why will it now be blasphemous for him who God sent to also make a similar claim vv36.

I am not Elohim- the creator God. I am not god over God. I am god over the world and it's system. I am god over sickness, disease, poverty, ruin, lack, ignorance etc. by the authority that God gave me. Do you want to know why this truth is above your ability to comprehend?

Show us where I said "I would have given up on Christianity a long time ago if I was suffering" or remain a compulsive liar forever. Why am I surprised? You told blatant lies about a well-respected MOG on this thread why should we put that penchant away from you as regards me?

For what it's worth you are still a nonentity- an ignorant one at that. BTW that book of James 4 you quoted had this to say in vv11- Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law interestingly he spoke about Proud people who refuse to humble themselves before God or his word vv10(for they are the same). So we can deduce that the proud "brethren" in vv10 ends up speaking evil of another brethren vv11. That same egocentric brethren is the one who boasts that they made it in life without God's help seeing that making it in life is available to every Joe.

The body is not the real man- the Spirit is. I am sure all your nomadic travels across many churches didn't give you the chance to learn that.
[size=16pt]So Oral Roberts et al are not rotting in the grave: they are in heaven with Jesus[/size].

BTW "If the Spirit of God that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you. . . he will also vitalize; quicken; reinvigorate your MORTAL BODY" Romans 8:11. Learn to believe the scriptures and leave men and women of God who have achieved way more than you could ever given 10 lifetimes each of 100 years.

All the apostles and disciples brought all they had so that the needs of the members will be met and nobody lacked anything. (Acts 4:33/34/35). Then the Holy Spirit saw it fit to instruct Luke to give Joses a special mention by telling us he did same (vv 37) and the Holy Spirit never gives pleonastic information.

That same Joses became popular amongst the apostles because he had a name, Barnabas which means Son of Consolation vv36. They called him so because he was always known to be responsive and cheerful when a need arose in the church. Now this same Barnabas was described in Acts 11 as a good man; full of the spirit and of faith. It shows us that it takes the Spirit, Faith and good intentions for someone to bring his money to church so that needs can be met. Any average Candour cannot do it.

Later on when the disciples were raising funds to help the brethren in Judea following a famine the elders of the church agreed that Paul and Barnabas should be trusted with the responsibility- behold any man who can give his own money can be trusted with the monies of others.

This same Barnabas was later referred to as a Prophet and a Teacher Acts 13:1 and later an Apostle when he was sent with Paul to preach in Gentile regions etc. Hence, why I said you cannot separate the grace that abounds to a giver from the role he would play in the House of God. Your friend, that was sacked as a worker in his church was rightfully treated. If he cannot give in church, he should not be in a leadership position. Period. He will steal people's money and use it for his blog

Some of The MOGs you insult are the biggest givers in their ministries. They lead well and as such they will be followed likewise.
All rebels will make noise for a while and then vanish away!

Oh, so we don't have up to 12 MOG in Nigeria? You think the things going on are as a result of so? You have a lot to learn about the things of God. Please meditate on this verse of scripture:

11 By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked

Nigeria is being restrained by the mouth's of wicked and unreasonable men who; speak evil of Dignitaries; of the country; of the citizens etc. These words do more harm than the weapons of Boko Haramists or the Ebola virus. That's why I laugh when Ignoramuses say the words we speak don't matter. Our words matter- use it to bless and lift people. Administer grace to your hearers and leave lies to the father of it- the Devil!

It is only wise to say at this juncture, that it would have been worse save for the prayers of intercession by these MOG and I am one of them glorrrrry!

A greedy man is satisfied with self. I am satisfied only when others have it too. You on the otherhand are a self-professed. . .

There are different types of giving and for different purposes. Stop conflating all of them. The person who still gives to the Pastor, gives to the church, gives to the needy etc. and still meets his personal needs. You who gives to the needy alone (We wish) will only remain at that level. Grace abounds to a giver and he would always have all sufficiency to meet other needs not just his personal ones.

You attend a church that has a generator (I presume) have you asked how it is fueled? No, you would rather criticize and insult those that do- because the grace of God over their lives hurts the demons that advice you.

BTW If I start to announce the help that the church has ministered to people you would think we are running for government and the same lot will say they are boasting.

The same spirit that spoke to Jannes and Jambres, to Miriam, to Hemogenes etc. Yes, definitely that spirit speaks to you and it is so easy for you to concede to his whims. If you spend time in prayerful intersession for the saints it would be very difficult to open the same mouth and rain abuses on those who you have already prayed for.

I pray this wisdom isn't above you too much even as I commend you to the word, who Judges rightly. We would all give accounts.

First thought:"Wonder where he and Oral are."

Second thought: "Wonder if he and Oral are surprised they got there"

For there was no one needy among them,
because those who were owners of land or houses were selling them
and bringing the proceeds from the sales

- Acts 4:34 NET Bible

Whoever oppresses the poor for his own increase
and whoever gives to the rich, both come to poverty.

- Proverbs 22:16 World English Bible

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

Jesus said I and My Father are one and it offended the Jews because they knew the essence of that statement- (John 10)He was saying he was God vv33. and they understood that declaration to be blasphemous so they sought to stone him vv33a. Then Jesus quoted the Psalms 82 to them showing that God himself had at one time called his people gods simply because they received his word vv35 and the scriptures can not be broken; so why will it now be blasphemous for him who God sent to also make a similar claim vv36.

Christ could make that statement because he was who he was. You are nothing but a lump of clay. Have you seen this scripture below at anytime?

Exodus 22:28 KJV
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Who are the gods God asked Isreal not to revile? Do you realise this is the same scripture Paul quoted in acts 23:5? Could God have been asking Isreal not to insult gods like Baal, molech, ashteroth etc? Of course not. The gods there referred to those who sat in authority and judgement over isreal. This is the preamble to the whole psalms chapter 82. See verse 1

Psalm 82:1 KJV
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

We see God questioning the gods(judges in Isreal) and accusing them of dereliction of duty and miscarriage of justice. Its so clear in the subsequent verses that its a miracle how you miss it

Psalm 82:2-4 KJV
How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. [3] Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. [4] Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

How can you miss the fact that he was talking to the judges who had authority in Israel? Those saddled with responsibility to dispense justice?

Its so wonderful that Paul the apostle didn't get this evil 'wisdom' of being a god. He would never have remained the humble man he was. God be praised that none of the apostles or early Christians had this satanic 'revelation', they would have been decreeing death to all their enemies and oppressors. See what Paul did when some confused people called him a 'god'; the appellation you so madly crave

Acts 14:14-15 KJV
Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of , they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, [15] And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

The apostle denied godhood and called himself a man like the pagan Greeks. I'll stand with him on this.

Matthew 13:14-15King James Version (KJV)

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

...and the alas the scriptures cannot be broken!

@the bolded, except you're the manifestation of the devil himself, you're not near being the god of this world. See the scripture below

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Christ will soon come and we will have this realm to ourselves and be in full control. Don't be in a hurry. If you're not sick today, thank God for you. Most of those you learnt this godhood nonsense from died from sickness and diseases even though some of them tried to hide it. When you see them in the regeneration, I'm sure they'll humbly tell you they believed wrong.

I said Paul said- "I know how to abase and I know how to abound" then I concluded that I too know how to go hungry and how to abound. Please show me where I said Paul never suffered hunger. I will wait.

As per what you refer to as "being honest" Let God be true and every man a liar.

You lie. You said you could decide to be hungry because of fasting trying to explain away paul's declaration of suffering hunger but the man knew there was a difference between not eating because of fasting and not eating because you lack food. The later is known as hunger and he clearly declared he suffered it.

What did you mean by the below?

mbaemeka: God told Paul he was to suffer for the gospel. God didn't tell mbaemeka that he was to suffer for the gospel. God told me to prosper for the gospel. Amen

If you suffer all Paul suffered, will you remain a christian? If you suffer what Christians in Mosul, borno and yobe are grappling with, will you remain a christian?

You, your mog and I are equally nonentities according to apostle Peter and James that is vapour and grass.

Also you're trying to twist what apostle james said there. see the James scripture again which is fully addressed to boastful people like you

James 4:13-16 KJV
Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: [14] Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. [15] For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. [16] But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

You claim to be a god and can decide whatever. James says such is boasting and that is evil. Learn to say "if the Lord wills" like I've advised you. In other words, respect the sovereignty of God. That is apostle James admonition not mine.

The body is not the real man- the Spirit is. I am sure all your nomadic travels across many churches didn't give you the chance to learn that. So Oral Roberts et al are not rotting in the grave: they are in heaven with Jesus.

Thank God you now realise the body is not the real man. It will grow weak, sickly, rot and die because it belongs to the earth. My soul on the other hand is untouchable and God's spirit working in me.

Also, i'm not in a competition with your heroes. Every generation has its headliners. Like Adolf Hitler, like Gaddafi, like most of your heroes. Wish them well with their achievements. You should be the one bothered that no matter your wish and desperation to be a god, you'll never be heard of outside NL.

Some of The MOGs you insult are the biggest givers in their ministries. They lead well and as such they will be followed likewise. All rebels will make noise for a while and then vanish away!

No need to catch a fit. See what you said about Barnabas and his 'big seed'

mbaemeka: Joses whose name was changed to Barnabas because of his LARGE SEED became a pastor and a prophet

Where did you get it in the bible that he was named barnabas because of his large seed and the seed paved the way for him to become prophet and pastor?

Also can you tell us why the others who gave LARGE SEED like barnabas didn't get pastorates and apostolic anointing? Were their seeds not good enough

Nigeria has thousands of mog but a vast majority are crooks and cradle snatchers. If we had 12 with Paul's anointing, integrity and compassion, this country will not be the way it is.

Calamities have not swallowed this country because of the saints who pray, not because of any special mog. Some of them have been issuing empty decrees against BH since inception, nothing has changed. True saints on the other hand have been praying and God has been answering.

You're the one occupied with self. I'm rich, I'm a god, I'm a co-creator with God, im richer than you etc so we all know who the greedy and self centered man is.

Pls leave the needy out of your boastings. You deride and disparage them anyway so why the pretence? Its only a demon inspired person that will be heartless enough to tell the needy that God will curse the little he has because he refuses to hand it over to a big man wearing suit and carrying a bible.

I know how the generator of my fellowship is fuelled because we that can contribute to it. Thank you.

Is it today you started boasting? Pls boast yourself away. No one is stopping you

Go through your lists again and see who has been raining abuses and invectives on the other. Obviously you've been lying to yourself since that you intercede for any saint as only desperate invectives reside in your mouth and false claims.

I commend you and your heroes to God too to judge for all the harm they've caused the body of Christ for whom Christ died. I pray you and them realise you'll give account someday.

5 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
^^^
Reviling (i.e. cursed the high priest) was exactly what Paul did until he realised that the person in front of him was the high priest/magistrate
(i.e. as god implied judge/magistrate)
Paul, remembered Exodus 22:28 and quoted from it (i.e. as rightly pointed out by Candour)
Although he apologised and made amends for saying "God will strike you" to the high priest,
Josephus, the historian records, that the high priest truly got struck by God just as Paul earlier pronounced the curse in Acts 23:3
- The high priest apparently got assassinated (i.e. suppose principle of causality in action there)

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2014
I am getting bored. If I see anything worth responding to I might.

The law of God- Eat of every other Tree bar the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Towel of Babel- is mythical

Eve slept with the Serpent.

Medical improvements in Hearing aides and attachments for eyes and legs is what Jesus meant by those who believe in him will do greater miracles.

Paul called himself a wretched man.

Jesus calling the blaspheming Jews Gods then later he is allowed to say not you.

Satan is easily god over the world and Christians are subject to him till we get to heaven.

Hahahahahaha hahahahaahahahaha...and more and more ludicrous statements and lies.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
trustman:

I know you are looking for a Theology 101 class before you can understand simple issues which somebody in the world may readily grasp. What does 1 Corinthians 15: 35 – 58 tell you about the human body? What does Philippians 3: 21 tell you about the same body?

Wait a minute! You mean you have details about Elijah that were not documented in the Bible? From where did you get them – from ‘revelation’ knowledge? What a “spiritual” man you must be getting ‘fresh revelations’ on Elijah’s life! Very soon apart all scripture that we have we shall be having additional ones from mbaemeka and his likes that they want us to add to the existing canon.
My friend, when John wrote what he wrote he knew what he was saying and no one today can come up to fill in the gaps for him.

If everyone was supposed to be doing these acts, mbaemeka, how come Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12: 12 – “The signs of a true apostle were performed among you with utmost patience, with signs and wonders and mighty works"?

You are the one who should be laughed at. What did Lazarus in Luke 16: 19-31 do regarding ‘KINGDOM FINANCE’, mbaemeka style, to qualify him for what he had in the hereafter?

So a ‘dignitary’ to you is your “MoG”? And you do seriously think that was what Jude was referring to? This truly shows the level of your understanding of scripture.

As a man thinks in his heart so is he.

If your definition of suffering is restricted to only ‘persecution’ then I can see how shallow your definition is and why you people cannot cope with the issue of Job.

Offend me? Only an immature person will be ‘offended’ by a baby’s tantrum.

You would probably get a better understanding from my other posts to some of you r brethren. I just thought to correct some nonsense you keep drivelling at.

The same way Christ saved us from our sins is the same way he saved us from our diseases. If you see someone who claims he is Christian still sinning you don't conclude that his sins haven't been taking away instead you know he is either ignorant of that truth or is resisting the grace not to sin willfully.

Dermas abandoned Paul. So should I go about teaching that Christians can abandon the faith even if they can? NO. Instead I know that Dermas' mistake doesn't have to be mine. That's the attitude of one who has God's spirit within.

Jesus said they (the believers) shall lay their hands over the SICK and the SICK shall recover. You tell me how a sick man who has accepted it till eternity will cause another sick man to get better.

When you figure it out. Humble yourself and say "Lord Jesus I believe you" then go and live in health.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

Chelsea Jersey Is A Free Ticket To Hell / Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him / TB Joshua Nazareth Crusade: New York Times Celebrates Prophet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 488
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.