Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents (43215 Views)

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine / Check Our Church Doctrine And Join Us / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by trustman: 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka: I am getting bored. If I see anything worth responding to I might.

The law of God- Eat of every other Tree bar the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Towel of Babel- is mythical

Eve slept with the Serpent.

Medical improvements in Hearing aides and attachments for eyes and legs is what Jesus meant by those who believe in him will do greater miracles.

Paul called himself a wretched man.

Jesus calling the blaspheming Jews Gods then later he is allowed to say not you.

Satan is easily god over the world and Christians are subject to him till we get to heaven.

Hahahahahaha hahahahaahahahaha...and more and more ludicrous statements and lies.

grin grin grin grin

Are you sure it's really that you are getting bored or you can no longer handle superior
teachings from the Scripture.
You blaspheme God by your arrogance in claiming things God has not clearly stated
in His Word. Watch it!

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Candour,

Calm down with the lies faa..Joses whose name was changed to Barnabas because of his LARGE SEED became a Pastor and Prophet.

If your IQ is above 100 please explain the statement above

- does it mean his large seed made him a pastor and a prophet?
- or that his name was changed to Barnabas because of his seed?
- or that his name was changed to Barnabas because of his seed and he later became a Pastor and Prophet.

Please, please, read well.

Barnabas means Son of CONSOLATION. He was renowned amongst the early church for that (the bible says exactly so). I explained it well and only one who is dull of hearing or understanding will let the truth fly over him.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka: Candour,

Calm down with the lies faa..Joses whose name was changed to Barnabas because of his LARGE SEED became a Pastor and Prophet.

- or that his name was changed to Barnabas because of his seed and he later became a Pastor and Prophet.

Barnabas means Son of CONSOLATION. He was renowned amongst the early church for that (the bible says exactly so). I explained it well and only one who is dull of hearing or understanding will let the truth fly over him.
^^^

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

If he knew he wouldn't assure us health why heal the many that he did and why take upon himself our sicknesses and diseases when he died on the cross? Your reasoning of God is convoluted to say the least...and tiring.

Why did epaphroditus fall sick? Did the assurance of health not cover him?

Why did faith oyedepo spend weeks with the best medical care in Nigeria and UK? Did the 'I cannot be sick anointing fail her'?

Why did Kathryn khulman, a.a Allen, oral Roberts, Paul crouch etc suffer serious ailments, did thir faith fail?

As per my health: I dwell in health and I always will!!

Thank God you enjoy what I enjoy too. Halleluyah.

Stop conflating all teachings. Learn to spot the difference between faith and providence.

so your faith is powerless against providence? Are you finding it difficult to deride the Christians in Mosul, borno and yobe for their 'faithlessness'? After all its only people like them and Paul that suffer such indignities?

I am done teaching for today. But God has saved us from sin why do you still fall into occasional sin? That's the same reason Christians still fall in and out of sicknesses even though Jesus us healed us of them all over 2000 years ago. They know not, neither will they understand, they walk on in darkness. . .hence, they die like mere men and fall like one of the princes.

Have you ever sinned since the day you became born again? Have you ever done something untoward since that day? If I sin today, does it nullify my salvation?

Is that the reason Kathryn khulman, oral Roberts, a.a Allen, faith oyedepo, Paul crouch etc all suffer sickness? Were they walking in darkness too?

Jude:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time. . .
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

If You have ever stretched forth your hand to command a disease to leave in the Name of Jesus you would not be able to say some things that you say. But we know why.

God did a miracle in my household on the first of this month. I see miracles and I know God still does miracles. However, I refuse to fall for stage managed 'miracles' for which your church is known.

Ignorant men call fraud, those things that they tried themselves to do but it didn't work. Faith works by LOVE (Gal 5:6). If you are passionate about sick people and have love for them- the love of God. You will use the name of Jesus and watch the ailment run off the person.

Can you extend this 'love' to the Ebola patients suffering in Lagos right now? You're the 'god' here you know? Show love to those people pls.

Mary Magdalene should have given her money to the poor; she should not have wasted it on Jesus who could have called money from a Fish's mouth.

She did for Jesus because he was with her physically. See those to receive on Jesus behalf today in his absence in matt 25:35-45. That is why the early Christians did what they did in acts 2&4.

See Jesus telling a man

Matthew 19:21 KJV
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mark 10:21 KJV
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

See zacheaus doing something similar and Jesus approving

Luke 19:8-9 KJV
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. [9] And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

Can you point to one instance where Christ asked somebody to take anything to the temple?

You read a comment and didn't understand it then you generalized sweepingly as usual. If you care to know his father, grand father and great grand father were Pastors and the church they Pastored in is still very much in Nigeria. All these were happening while you and your clan were still doing ablutions, clubbing and killing for virgins in Utopia.

Who Pastored Paul?

Kai!! The guy has taken it personal o. Even bringing clans into it? Because i called your g.o what you called me?? What were your own clan doing at this period? My clan was a clan of diviners not those who kill for virgins. What were yours into? Were they pastors too?

I can see how very much it is in your mind. Keep following your father that was cast down from heaven by attempting to strike the Shepherd so that the sheep will be scattered. Spirits are cheering you- evil ones.

You called yourself the god of this world. See what the god of this world does to humanity

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Stop your satanic claims of godhood.

Any spiritual leader is a a spiritual leader and therefor a dignitary even Imams and Shiites. Don't speak evil of them instead if you see any wrongdoings condoned or executed by them go on your knees in prayerful intersession. What you and your ilk cannot do by calling them names from now till eternity that prayer of intercession can.

But how would you know when you have arrogated (albeit ignominiously) all truth to yourself?

Hope you've not insulted shekau today? Hope you never said any unkind word about Osama bin laden?

Meanwhile your heroes have been cursing and abusing these 'spiritual leaders' since forever. Pls extend this glorious advice to them too.

I don't follow any Pastor to his house to know he is anointed. I simply take him for his words and respect him accordingly after all, love believes all. . .If he was lying God will expose him the way he knows how to do best my duty is to pray for him. I don't agree with all the teachings of Pastor Kumuyi for example, but I know he is a MOG whom God has used so mightily to instruct the saints in holiness, power and prosperity amongst other things. I give him his due respect by esteeming him very highly in love because of his work.

Of course you brought kumuyi into the mix as a smokescreen. You're part of those who ridicule him and his followers for their lifestyle but come here to feign admiration and respect.

You and your mog call yourselves gods, so why waste prayer on you? Can a human being pray for a god? What does a 'god' need prayers for? gods are meant to be prayed to, not be prayed for. When they become humans again, we can pray for them.

I am a joint-heir with Christ!! I am a son of God now!! Not when I get to heaven but right now.

Romans 8:17-18 KJV
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him , that we may be also glorified together. [18] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Glory SHALL be revealed in us. 'Shall' there is a time word, when will this 'shall' be? Or when did it start? Did Paul miss its start because he mentioned going through sufferings in the present clearly in that scripture?

Manchester United are drawing I need to celebrate it. Bye.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka: Candour,

I leave IQ measurements to you. That's if you know what it means and how its measured. With the dull manner you explain and reply, its very obvious that ability is way above your league.

If you have the intelligence, Go back to the trail of our exchanges so you remember what got us to this point.

Cheers
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Goshen360(m): 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
I'm just sitting back watching how WoF are being exposed.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

4. God told Paul he was to suffer for the gospel. God didn't tell mbaemeka that he was to suffer for the gospel. God told me to prosper for the gospel. Amen.

Personal text : All things you would ever need in
your life are wrapped up in the word. Go for the
word!

Time registered: July 04, 2009

Time spent online : 9 days & 19 hours

Signature: I am a tree planted by the rivers of
living water. . .

View Mbaemeka's posts (369) | View
Mbaemeka's topics (2)

mbaemeka:

4. God told Paul he was to suffer for the gospel. God didn't tell mbaemeka that he was to suffer for the gospel. God told me to prosper for the gospel. Amen.

Please I request our viewers to see where mbaemeka is "located" as written by him on his own profile: "Everywhere the money is..."

It reminds me of 50cents popular quote on his first album:

"Get rich or die trying..."

Talk about the god men worship.

4 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Goshen360(m): 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
^^^
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 12:35am On Aug 25, 2014
mbaemeka: I am getting bored. If I see anything worth responding to I might.

The law of God- Eat of every other Tree bar the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Towel of Babel- is mythical

Eve slept with the Serpent.

Medical improvements in Hearing aides and attachments for eyes and legs is what Jesus meant by those who believe in him will do greater miracles.

Paul called himself a wretched man.

Jesus calling the blaspheming Jews Gods then later he is allowed to say not you.

Satan is easily god over the world and Christians are subject to him till we get to heaven.

Hahahahahaha hahahahaahahahaha...and more and more ludicrous statements and lies.

grin grin grin grin

Pls who said the bolded & can I get the link to it?
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 1:04am On Aug 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

BabaGnoni, your weighty tomes on rank Heresies are needed now. Finally some attention. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 1:10am On Aug 25, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Personal text : All things you would ever need in
your life are wrapped up in the word. Go for the
word!

Time registered: July 04, 2009

Time spent online : 9 days & 19 hours

Signature: I am a tree planted by the rivers of
living water. . .

View Mbaemeka's posts (369) | View
Mbaemeka's topics (2)

Please I request our viewers to see where mbaemeka is "located" as written by him on his own profile: "Everywhere the money is..."

It reminds me of 50cents popular quote on his first album:

"Get rich or die trying..."

Talk about the god men worship.

You know so much about 50 Cent's and HipHop in general and it's only 12 years ago that he made a name for himself. Which puts you at 28-34 years of age (oldie) while you were still bumping to him. Spiritual brethren!

Now use the wisdom gained from your head space at that time and make that failing blog work so you can buy a better phone that will help deliver your posts properly. We are waiting for your testimony.

BTW I am very rich and loaded! Thank you wink wink
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 2:11am On Aug 25, 2014
Candour:

I leave IQ measurements to you. That's if you know what it means and how its measured. With the dull manner you explain and reply, its very obvious that ability is way above your league.

If you have the intelligence, Go back to the trail of our exchanges so you remember what got us to this point.

Cheers

MENSA have nothing on me and I have a certificate to prove it! But the Holy Spirit has made wise and I prefer his testimony.

If you had any memory whatsoever you would have remembered the thread on "Once saved always saved" started by Alexleo in which I had to go head-on with Mrs 'Word for Today' and our 'Resident Prophet' (On fire for God Christians BTW). Which makes your question on "sin and losing salvation" surfeit to this discourse and unworthy of someone like me.

Dull manner you said? Nannymcphee please take note.

Romans 7 A wise man said Paul called himself wretched. vv24. This same wise man kept yapping off and on about reading those verses in Proverbs contextually. He was failing at theological gymnastics so he was employing high-falutin cants to hide this fiasco. Some of his 'trusted' ilk even endorsed the write-up. LOL

Paul stated who he was addressing the Chapter to in vv1- Those under the law. In vv9 he explains how he was once alive without the law but when the law came sin revived and he died. Question- Paul died? He repeats himself again saying that sin took advantage of the law and slew him.vv11 Paul then concludes he is carnal and sold to sin vv14 and overly obedient to sin against what the law says vv15. Then he says sin and evil dwell in him vv20 &vv21. He says his Spirit really wants to obey the law of God but his members are acting otherwise (hence he is carnal) vv22&23.That's why he asked that question- "Who will save Him from that wretched man that he is"?vv24 Then he concludes- Jesus Christvv25.

So the Wise man above who doesn't reply posts in a dull manner should explain to Nannymcphee how Paul called himself a wretched man. While he is at it he should show us how Paul is a carnal man; slave to sin; under the law; having evil and sin dwelling in him etc. Because that is the man Paul said is wretched.

Now will Paul who we know is not carnal; sold to sin; under the law etc. call himself "wretched" after Christ has saved him? Hell No. Paul was only describing his life while he was still under the law. He is describing that life as wretched and concluding that only Christ could save him.

Now this is the superior knowledge, intelligent replies and exposes they have been referring to. And trust me I can do exactly this to all the nonsense he was referring to as truth. Telling God's children that their words do not matter when just reading the verses and seeing how replete the notion had been all through scripture one would have to be a compulsive liar to teach or endorse otherwise.

Candour, like I said before you overestimate your understanding of a lot of things and even when you are spotted out pride won't let you concede and learn.

I am getting tired of doing this to the foundations you once held unto for years.

Thank me later (Our resident Hip Hop head can tell you where I got that from grin)
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by mbaemeka(m): 2:43am On Aug 25, 2014
- Do you give tithes? Pastor Kumuyi teaches on tithes
- Do you speak evil about dignitaries? Pastor Kumuyi teaches against it
- Do you tell lies as a habit? Pastor Kumuyi teaches against it
- Do you believe in the efficacy of the spoken word of God? Pastor Kumuyi believes in the efficacy of the spoken word
- Don't you believe the name of Jesus can be used by false prophets? Pastor Kumuyi teaches against it
- Don't you bear false witness? etc...

Yet you would have us believe that you believe him in totality whilst the rest of us use him as a smokescreen meanwhile you rebelled, left this tutelage, ran to Oyedepo because you were looking for financial prosperity, ( you didn't prosper obviously) and then you continued your vagrant travails until you found yourself in whatever church you are in ATM (that is greatly unfortunate to have you) because you would soon rebel and run elsewhere like the mad man of Gadara finding no resting place.

Candour:
You called yourself the god of this world. See what the god of this world does to humanity

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Stop your satanic claims of godhood.

I find it extremely risible that someone who would gleefully call satan "god of this world" will in the next breath accuse someone else of making "satanic claims of godhood". The only person who made a satanic claim of godhood is you.

I saw the word of God spoken about me and I consented and accepted it in my life and you are offended? Why? It is annoying the demons who counsel you? They preferred their master to be god over you and your ilk?

Well, there is another breed of Christians who know better than that. These ones are part-takers of the Divine nature; Kings and priests unto God. That is why he is called King of kings, Lord of lords and our High Priest (because obviously we are the priests).

Another scripture to cause the demons speaking through you to shake in awe (if you cast out demons you would know how they talk. Bold Christians annoy them):

Ephesians 1:19-23King James Version (KJV)

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body
, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

God's exceeding mighty power is directed towards US who BELIEVE. It is the same power that raised Jesus from the dead and has set him above ALL principalities, power, might, dominion and EVERY name that is named NOT only IN THIS WORLD but in the one which is to come and has put all things under his feet and made him the head over all things to benefit the church- his body. And I am a member of his body; flesh and bones. And I am already seated with him now (Ephesians 2:6)

How can I meditate on this long enough and still feel I am subject to disease and what not when I am already seated far above it all?

Well, they know not, neither will they understand it. . .they walk on in darkness.
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 5:56am On Aug 25, 2014
BabaGnoni:
Eve slept with the Serpent

pls is this really true? I like to know about this, u know some of us still hold on to what we were taught in Christain religious studies, it was u guys thst gave me another insight about the Tower of Babel
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by trustman: 6:23am On Aug 25, 2014
mbaemeka:

BabaGnoni, your weighty tomes on rank Heresies are needed now. Finally some attention. grin grin
Not attention but DISTRACTION by Mbaemeka. Let's stick more to what this thread is on instead of using underhand tactics to come at opponent. If you've truly gone through from our F1 to the current F12 truly read the information provided then you must admit your line of reasoning is very faulty and you need to repent rather than seek to make more disciples of evil for WoF movement.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by DrummaBoy(m): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2014
mbaemeka:

You know so much about 50 Cent's and HipHop in general and it's only 12 years ago that he made a name for himself.

You didn't get the comparison with 50'; did you? In other words there is little difference BTW a hard core rapper and a WOF devotee.

mbaemeka:

Which puts you at 28-34 years of age (oldie) while you were still bumping to him. Spiritual brethren!

You are wrong. You can try again.

mbaemeka:

Now use the wisdom gained from your head space at that time and make that failing blog work so you can buy a better phone that will help deliver your posts properly. We are waiting for your testimony.

Wrong in one; right on another.

The purpose for my blog is not for GAIN. We are not like some who peddle God's word for PROFIT.

And yes I use a modest phone. It actually can
do everything the most sophisticated phone can do; except that I should be blamed for not being patient enough to do them.

I have my testimony already: its not about a big car, large house, expensive phones, etc. Its a living faith in Jesus Christ.

mbaemeka:
BTW I am very rich and loaded! Thank you wink wink

[b]
3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,

4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions

5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.

8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

11 But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness - 1 Timothy 6 (NIV)
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2014
mbaemeka: - Do you give tithes? Pastor Kumuyi teaches on tithes
- Do you speak evil about dignitaries? Pastor Kumuyi teaches against it
- Do you tell lies as a habit? Pastor Kumuyi teaches against it
- Do you believe in the efficacy of the spoken word of God? Pastor Kumuyi believes in the efficacy of the spoken word
- Don't you believe the name of Jesus can be used by false prophets? Pastor Kumuyi teaches against it
- Don't you bear false witness? etc...

Yet you would have us believe that you believe him in totality whilst the rest of us use him as a smokescreen meanwhile you rebelled, left this tutelage, ran to Oyedepo because you were looking for financial prosperity, ( you didn't prosper obviously) and then you continued your vagrant travails until you found yourself in whatever church you are in ATM (that is greatly unfortunate to have you) because you would soon rebel and run elsewhere like the mad man of Gadara finding no resting place.

You'll never be caught dead in a deeper life tent listening to kumuyi, so why the desperation to leverage on him now? Your beliefs are totally opposite to that of DLBC so why latch unto them for support? Its obvious you know deep down that your heroes lack integrity so you look for one that still has a good standing to hide under.

Kumuyi doesn't preach that Christians are gods and that sets you on mad rants. He doesn't encourage greed and that angers you because your wild obsession with money by rushing "everywhere the money is...." has robbed you of peace, your soul and left you on edge as you're still expecting to find it. He preaches against greedy 'pastors' like yours and that shows you guys as the crooks you are. Any honest person who observes kumuyi will know your heroes are very far from the bible.

Kumuyi also preaches honesty and that is why he never hid the fact that his wife was sick neither did he deny the cause of her death when she died during an easter retreat. If it were to be you guys, you'll lie that she sat in her chair and 'decided' to die.

I'm glad i attended LFC as it gave me an insider view of happenings there. I was also an attendee at some CEC programmes and infact handled some financial transactions of your church and pastor omorogieva and his wife Pauline. It also enabled me to see you guys for what you really are: greedy money grabbing lot. Also, if it will interest you, I attended a C & S programme back in June. Oya go ahead and use that one too to slander me.

Below is one of my earliest posts on NL. Character and principles never change even if locations do. My perception of Kumuyi and DLBC is always reinforced whenever I see folks like you.

Candour: I dont think OLADEEGBU sees it in the same way properity teachers see it.you can see he and Joagbaje being diametrically opposed on the PROSPERITY GOSPEL thread he opened. I believe he just cares about christians funding legitimate church programs which is not a bad idea.since i started attending Deeperlife Dec retreat in 1986 as a child,i have always been amazed at how a church can feed thousands of people with three square meals for 5-7 days consecutively without asking for RETREAT OFFERING.Dec 2012 was no exception and i remember my younger brother whom i went with saying 'bros,i must chop this rice wey dey fire so' because we packed close to the kitchen(Rumuodara camp ground) and you couldn't ignore the sweet aroma of the food which indicated it must be of high quality.there was still no call for retreat ofeering.Infact offering was actually taken only once throughout the retreat and it was on a sunday.

So pls dont tar him with the same brush.the argument is that we believe christians are no longer bound by the 10% law of Moses but are at liberty now to give something or not to give anything as their spirit leads them.this is my understanding of GRACE and i've asked him to explain matthew 23:23 he quoted earlier.

https://www.nairaland.com/1189741/tithes-offerings/7#14334767

I hold kumuyi in high esteem and don't pretend about him like you're doing now.

People like kumuyi and DLBC are the reason I know you and your heroes are simply greedy people who are after getting as much money as they can. If all christian groups treat and handle money the same way they do, there will be less criminality in Christianity.

I find it extremely risible that someone who would gleefully call satan "god of this world" will in the next breath accuse someone else of making "satanic claims of godhood". The only person who made a satanic claim of godhood is you.

I saw the word of God spoken about me and I consented and accepted it in my life and you are offended? Why? It is annoying the demons who counsel you? They preferred their master to be god over you and your ilk?

Well, there is another breed of Christians who know better than that. These ones are part-takers of the Divine nature; Kings and priests unto God. That is why he is called King of kings, Lord of lords and our High Priest (because obviously we are the priests).

Another scripture to cause the demons speaking through you to shake in awe (if you cast out demons you would know how they talk. Bold Christians annoy them):

Ephesians 1:19-23King James Version (KJV)

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body
, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

God's exceeding mighty power is directed towards US who BELIEVE. It is the same power that raised Jesus from the dead and has set him above ALL principalities, power, might, dominion and EVERY name that is named NOT only IN THIS WORLD but in the one which is to come and has put all things under his feet and made him the head over all things to benefit the church- his body. And I am a member of his body; flesh and bones. And I am already seated with him now (Ephesians 2:6)

How can I meditate on this long enough and still feel I am subject to disease and what not when I am already seated far above it all?

Well, they know not, neither will they understand it. . .they walk on in darkness.

Paul and other apostles obviously didn't read the same memo neither did you hear the same spirit. Once again, see what Paul did when vain and confused souls like you called him a god

Acts 14:14-15 KJV
Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of , they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, [15] And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

In fact the thought of them being called gods was so abhorrent that the bible records that 'they cried out'

The whole world is in wickedness according to the bible but we are of God.

1 John 5:19 KJV
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

And we know the god who is always in charge of the dark and wicked realm

The world is under the control of the devil but thankfully, God has marked us as his own and made a down payment with his spirit (Eph 1:13-14). We are not of the world but our body which is only a tabernacle for the real us is earthly and subject to the corruption in the world.

2 Corinthians 5:1-6 KJV
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: [3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. [4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. [5] Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. [6] Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

I can't wait to have that body so I groan to have it just like Paul in the scripture above. Until the ressurection which is at the second coming of Christ, then you're simply inside corruptible mass of flesh

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 KJV
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. [54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

As long as you'll suffer death if Christ tarries, then your body will and can be afflicted with corruption.

Keep 'manifesting' your counterfeit 'godhood' in that obscure corner of NL where you're.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 8:28am On Aug 25, 2014
mbaemeka:

MENSA have nothing on me and I have a certificate to prove it! But the Holy Spirit has made wise and I prefer his testimony.

If you had any memory whatsoever you would have remembered the thread on "Once saved always saved" started by Alexleo in which I had to go head-on with Mrs 'Word for Today' and our 'Resident Prophet' (On fire for God Christians BTW). Which makes your question on "sin and losing salvation" surfeit to this discourse and unworthy of someone like me.

Dull manner you said? Nannymcphee please take note.

Romans 7 A wise man said Paul called himself wretched. vv24. This same wise man kept yapping off and on about reading those verses in Proverbs contextually. He was failing at theological gymnastics so he was employing high-falutin cants to hide this fiasco. Some of his 'trusted' ilk even endorsed the write-up. LOL

Paul stated who he was addressing the Chapter to in vv1- Those under the law. In vv9 he explains how he was once alive without the law but when the law came sin revived and he died. Question- Paul died? He repeats himself again saying that sin took advantage of the law and slew him.vv11 Paul then concludes he is carnal and sold to sin vv14 and overly obedient to sin against what the law says vv15. Then he says sin and evil dwell in him vv20 &vv21. He says his Spirit really wants to obey the law of God but his members are acting otherwise (hence he is carnal) vv22&23.That's why he asked that question- "Who will save Him from that wretched man that he is"?vv24 Then he concludes- Jesus Christvv25.

So the Wise man above who doesn't reply posts in a dull manner should explain to Nannymcphee how Paul called himself a wretched man. While he is at it he should show us how Paul is a carnal man; slave to sin; under the law; having evil and sin dwelling in him etc. Because that is the man Paul said is wretched.

Now will Paul who we know is not carnal; sold to sin; under the law etc. call himself "wretched" after Christ has saved him? Hell No. Paul was only describing his life while he was still under the law. He is describing that life as wretched and concluding that only Christ could save him.

Now this is the superior knowledge, intelligent replies and exposes they have been referring to. And trust me I can do exactly this to all the nonsense he was referring to as truth. Telling God's children that their words do not matter when just reading the verses and seeing how replete the notion had been all through scripture one would have to be a compulsive liar to teach or endorse otherwise.

Candour, like I said before you overestimate your understanding of a lot of things and even when you are spotted out pride won't let you concede and learn.

I am getting tired of doing this to the foundations you once held unto for years.

Thank me later (Our resident Hip Hop head can tell you where I got that from grin)

You're getting desperate and its showing. See my post which you quoted

Candour: I leave IQ measurements to you. That's if you know what it is and how it's measured. With the dull manner you explain and reply, its very obvious that ability is way above your league.

If you have any intelligence, Go back to the trail of pur exchanges so you remember what got us to this point.

Cheers

How does that relate to the 'plenty words full of fury, bile, lies while signifying nothing' you posted up there?

Its a weak, confused and lost man that introduces red herrings into discussions to deflect from the matter at hand.

If you can, try and keep up with the trail of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

nannymcphee:

BabaGnoni: Eve slept with the Serpent

pls is this really true?
I like to know about this, u know some of us still hold on to what we were taught in Christain religious studies,
it was u guys thst gave me another insight about the Tower of Babel

mbaemeka:

trustman:
Not attention but DISTRACTION by Mbaemeka.
Let's stick more to what this thread is on instead of using underhand tactics to come at opponent.
If you've truly gone through from our F1 to the current F12 truly read the information provided
then you must admit your line of reasoning is very faulty
and you need to repent rather than seek to make more disciples of evil for WoF movement.

"Let me see some more.

The purpose you undertake is dangerous.
Why, that’s certain.
'Tis dangerous to take a cold, to sleep, to drink
;

but I tell you, my lord fool, out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.

The purpose you undertake is dangerous,
the friends you have named uncertain, the time itself unsorted,
and your whole plot too light for the counterpoise of so great an opposition.

Say you so, say you so?
I say unto you again, you are a shallow, cowardly hind, and you lie.
What a lack-brain is this!

By the Lord, our plot is a good plot as ever was laid,
our friends true and constant—a good plot, good friends, and full of expectation;
an excellent plot, very good friends.

What a frosty-spirited rogue is this
!"
- Shakespeare's King Henry IV 2.3

Nope, not doing any of the sort, sorry to disappoint

You were warned, earlier on this thread, page 10 to be precise, not to be sucked in by mbaemeka's cunning and deceitful nature:
(i.e. "... I sure and sincerely hope you aren't taking heed of mbaemeka or paying any attention to Image123..."
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/10#25250431)

You were warned because of mbaemeka's "fight tooth and nail" style of posting
This bad habit makes him to disturbingly descend into the gutter for cheap below the belt assaults
Make no mistake, from the onset, his mission and purpose on the thread were to be 100% vindictive and personal
To post that which is irrelevant and unconnected to the thread with Cheshire cat grins added

Sincerely want to believe you haven't descended that low as mbaemeka in his concerted attempts
(e.g. like him doctoring or falsifying quotes among a bunch of other things)

mbaemeka seems to have a leave of work or something of the sort,
so with this much time to burn, decided to run through the thread like a bull in a china shop

By the way, fabricating a quote which is non existent on this thread
and/or nowhere said or found on it
(i.e. no link of the quote is anywhere on this thread)
is tantamount to taking a sly sip of gutter water offered by mbaemeka

mbaemeka is leading you down a road, to begin a journey you aren't equipped for, prepared for, ready or capable to go on.

Do you know why mbaemeka repeatedly calls out your ID
?
Well, for starters, he is bad news and not good for your health
He has sensed or figured you will take his juicy and tantalising bait.
The moment, you nibbled on the bait and get hooked,
the next item on his plan, is to reel you in, to play Russian roulette.
He is playing a potentially lethal game with you.
I will advise that you carefully take his "weapon" down from pointing at your head,
safely turn it away from you and gently hand it back to him,
then climb out of the gutter where he's at and stay way clear of him
Out of danger, we pluck safety.

PS: About "The law of God - Eat of every other Tree bar the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil"
Refer to Deuteronomy 8:3 and Matthew 4:4 for more details on how a law or command is constituted

3 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2014
BabaGnoni:

"Let me see some more.

The purpose you undertake is dangerous.
Why, that’s certain.
'Tis dangerous to take a cold, to sleep, to drink
;

but I tell you, my lord fool, out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.

The purpose you undertake is dangerous,
the friends you have named uncertain, the time itself unsorted,
and your whole plot too light for the counterpoise of so great an opposition.

Say you so, say you so?
I say unto you again, you are a shallow, cowardly hind, and you lie.
What a lack-brain is this!

By the Lord, our plot is a good plot as ever was laid,
our friends true and constant—a good plot, good friends, and full of expectation;
an excellent plot, very good friends.

What a frosty-spirited rogue is this
!"
- Shakespeare's King Henry IV 2.3

Nope, not doing any of the sort, sorry to disappoint

You were warned, earlier on this thread, page 10 to be precise, not to be sucked in by mbaemeka's cunning and deceitful nature:
(i.e. "... I sure and sincerely hope you aren't taking heed of mbaemeka or paying any attention to Image123..."
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/10#25250431)

You were warned because of mbaemeka's "fight tooth and nail" style of posting
This bad habit makes him to disturbingly descend into the gutter for cheap below the belt assaults
Make no mistake, from the onset, his mission and purpose on the thread were to be 100% vindictive and personal
To post that which is irrelevant and unconnected to the thread

Sincerely want to believe you haven't descended that low as mbaemeka in his concerted attempts
(e.g. like him doctoring or falsifying quotes among a bunch of other things)

mbaemeka seems to have a leave of work or something of the sort,
so with this much time to burn, decided to run through the thread like a bull in a china shop

By the way, fabricating a quote which is non existent on this thread
and/or nowhere said or found on it
(i.e. no link of the quote is anywhere on this thread)
is tantamount to taking a sly sip of gutter water offered by mbaemeka

mbaemeka is leading you down a road, to begin a journey you aren't prepared, ready or capable to go

Do you know why mbaemeka repeatedly calls out your ID
?
Well, for starters, he is bad news and not good for your health
He has sensed or figured you will take his juicy and tantalising bait.
The moment, you nibbled on the bait and get hooked,
the next item on his plan, is to reel you in, to play Russian roulette.
He is playing a potentially lethal game with you.
I will advise that you carefully take his "weapon" down from pointing at your head,
safely turn it away from you and gently hand it back to him,
then climb out of the gutter where he's at and stay way clear of him
Out of danger, we pluck safety.

PS: About "The law of God - Eat of every other Tree bar the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil"
Refer to Deuteronomy 8:3 and Matthew 4:4 for more details on how a law or command is constituted

CAN YOU IMAGINE, A LENGTHY PIECE OF CRAP TO A SIMPLE QUESTION

you just touched a nerve!! if you never made that statement or if what i asked wasnt true, a simple no would have sufficed but rather you are posting images and Shakespeare, am i in a literature class?

haven't i made my motive clear enough that i want to learn, i dont know mbaemeka from adam and here you are writing all sought

you keep making reference to the bereans and here i'm asking question and all i get is this

your attitude seems to be akin to the same preachers you bash ie you fault them cause you say they cant ask them questions but here you are reeking of the same thing

all the questions i have asked where backed with scriptures but your attitude is one of "take what i say or leave it, dont ask me questions"

you still havent answered me on who Jesus was referring to when he said "these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall lay hands on the sick......" because you said its not for the 21st century christain. i'm sure in your mind, its take it or leave

so how are you different from the people you are faulting

if i could see you face to face, i would have given you a piece of my mind arrrrgggghhhhhh

i think you all should close this thread and point everybody to www.deceptioninthechurch.com,[virtually everything has been covered here] so that we will know where you are getting your info from, rather than all this almighty revelations you seem to be sharing"

your attitude DISGUSTS ME!!! its one of i know better than you and i have come to show you your errors, accept it and dont question me

everyone who doesnt seem to agree with you or your line of thought has missed it in your own judgement

I FEEL LIKE SLAPPING THE DAYLIGHT OUT OF YOU!!!!

that you said the following

but if you're referring to taking authority, stepping or trampling on snakes and scorpions etc (i.e. Luke 10:19 or Mark 16:18),
well, then you're in for a shocker because those verses are not meant for or addressed to 21st Christians
shdemidemi this meat is too tough for some to chew, your comments on this is needed desperately here please
and

Except Jesus is on Earth again, one won't see a sliced off ear or cut off leg put back on
Putting back limbs, recreating limbs etc will happen as miracles in the medical arenas

you ought to be flogged for these statements, this is blasphemy

this was enough for me to run away from you but i felt we know in parts and there are things i can learn, so let me go on but now i have to run
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2014
when martin luther went against the catholic church pointing out the 75 thesis, was that how he insulted the leaders of the day, where is the lutheran movement today and in how many areas have they also missed it or are you telling me, the lutheran movement has all of its doctrine correct

I was a roman catholic and i left there 18years ago, i know the catholic church has a lot of wrong doctrine but never for once have i called the pope or the priest false teacher even though alot of its teachings are wrong

Now you people have arrived, you know who has the anointing and who doesnt have the anointing, calling pastors name, men and women you didnt call, if a pastor is erring, isnt it your duty as a christian to pray for that one? with all the the ranting on the media on the COZA scandal, what came out of it? did the pastor drop dead? did the church growth suffer? God has a way of dealing with his own

cant you show the truth without insults and calling of names?

Dont you know the atrocities the church committed during the dark ages with and in the name of God, isnt the church still standing today with alot of reformation?

we know your type, you claim to correct an error, you start up ur own church or house fellowship or whatever you choose to call it, years later you go into oblivion or deep into some many errors

continue you hear, continue

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by shdemidemi(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2014
@mbaemeka

I think the misconception we have as a church today is mixing our biological life with our soul life.
Genesis 2
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A man is made up of the combination of these two, meaning a man is not complete without a soul life neither is he complete without a biological life. Our biological life is linked directly to the world, it responds to medicine, hence science keeps unraveling whatever is connected to our biological life. On the other hand our soul life is linked to God, it responds to true doctrine and nothing else.

Therefore, when a christian fall ill, it makes biblical sense to go by the way of medicine (medicine isn't from the devil). Therefore any preacher whose teachings is rooted and directed to the biological life is most likely a false teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by shdemidemi(m): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2014
@ mbaemeka

I think this verse is as clear as daylight, how could you miss it?

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

The man never said 'o wretched man that I was', or did he? He was actually speaking of his present state as a man who carries a new life in Christ but yet in a sinful body of death.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

you just touched a nerve!!
if you never made that statement or if what i asked wasnt true, a simple no would have sufficed
but rather you are posting images and Shakespeare, am i in a literature class?

haven't i made my motive clear enough that i want to learn, i dont know mbaemeka from adam and here you are writing all sought

you keep making reference to the bereans and here i'm asking question and all i get is this

your attitude seems to be akin to the same preachers you bash
ie you fault them cause you say they cant ask them questions but here you are reeking of the same thing

all the questions i have asked where backed with scriptures but your attitude is one of "take what i say or leave it, don't ask me questions"

you still havent answered me on who Jesus was referring to when he said
"these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall lay hands on the sick......"
because you said its not for the 21st century christain.
i'm sure in your mind, its take it or leave

so how are you different from the people you are faulting

if i could see you face to face, i would have given you a piece of my mind arrrrgggghhhhhh

i think you all should close this thread and point everybody to www.deceptioninthechurch.com,[virtually everything has been covered here]
so that we will know where you are getting your info from, rather than all this almighty revelations you seem to be sharing"

your attitude DISGUSTS ME!!! its one of i know better than you and i have come to show you your errors, accept it and don't question me

everyone who doesn't seem to agree with you or your line of thought has missed it in your own judgement

I FEEL LIKE SLAPPING THE DAYLIGHT OUT OF YOU!!!!

^^^
Everyone apart from you, can tell the Shakespeare wasn't for you or about you
so I wouldn't know about been in a literature class

This is not a case of whether the motive is clear enough that you want to learn or not learn
but a case of what you and mbaemeka asked is not within the scope or remit of this thread

Please, is that which mbaemeka dropped in a doctrine of Word Of Faith
- The Movement or is it taught by any of its proponents?

Please restrain and keep self under control and within the limits of this thread and topic outlined to be discussed

If would have been appreciated, if it was shown, that what mbaemeka dropped in, was mentioned on this thread
Also to be fair and genuine, correctly quote me and reference with link
(s) where on this thread it was said or mentioned

You're playing into mbaemeka's hand and I bet he is relishing with glee, his moment of mission accomplished

Please provide the quote and link about the below allegations you made
:
- your attitude is one of "take what i say or leave it, don't ask me questions"
- its one of i know better than you and i have come to show you your errors, accept it and don't question me
- everyone who doesn't seem to agree with you or your line of thought has missed it in your own judgement

About 21st century miracles, I think I sufficiently answered you and also even agreed with you,
that you'll be studying more, like you said and promised you would.
Did I not mentioned that you need to research on Greek aorist to grasp the import of that passage
?
If I didn't, then forgive me, as I penciled it down as a follow up to your reply, if any reply was going to be forthcoming.

Unless you're a mind reader or have a crystal ball, it was not a case of "i'm sure in your mind, its take it or leave"
but rather of want to be provocative enough to lead or stir to studying and searching out why

You have by self admission said you need to study more, so, if you want to learn,
then learn from what the thread is dealing with or learn from what is relevant to the thread
and not surrender or yield to
mbaemeka's ice-covered ploys
or slippery tactics designed to skewed the thread to his own advantage
(i.e. stick to F1 - F20 topics promised to discussed)

Anyway, you can see, the 21st century miracles inclusion statement was deliberate
(i.e. you too noticed, I knew it's hard a truth to swallow,
which is why you unearthed and/or exploded the evidence trail I left on that post)

Do you really feel like slapping the daylight out? Is slapping still in vogue?
Ah, I think I know where such slapping once happened and now can guess how this inspiration came up.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 11:28am On Aug 25, 2014
shdemidemi: @mbaemeka

I think the misconception we have as a church today is mixing our biological life with our soul life.
Genesis 2
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

A man is made up of the combination of these two, meaning a man is not complete without a soul life neither is he complete without a biological life. Our biological life is linked directly to the world, it responds to medicine, hence science keeps unraveling whatever is connected to our biological life. On the other hand our soul life is linked to God, it responds to true doctrine and nothing else.

Therefore, when a christian fall ill, it makes biblical sense to go by the way of medicine (medicine isn't from the devil). Therefore any preacher whose teachings are rooted and directed to the biological life is most likely a false teacher.

Acts 28:3-6
3And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. 4And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. 5And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. 6Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

paul was bitten by a poisonous snake, he didnt go the way of medicine but got healed divinely

1kings15:11
11And, behold, the acts of Asa, first and last, lo, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel. 12And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

so can you explain why it was pointed out that Asa turned not to the lord but the physicians and just incase you want to say that this is the old testament, as in it doesn't apply to the christian, kindly explain what paul meant in Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

so what are we to learn from this Asa case(pertaining to his health issue)
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Image123(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2014
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, nanny slapping the daylights out of baba. This is suffereth violence keee. What happen, eeyah i mistakenly unfollowed this thread, i have catching up to do later. nanny easy oh, cool temper, let's leave the slapping for the young pikins, na Baba be this oh.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by Candour(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2014
nannymcphee: when martin luther went against the catholic church pointing out the 75 thesis, was that how he insulted the leaders of the day, where is the lutheran movement today and in how many areas have they also missed it or are you telling me, the lutheran movement has all of its doctrine correct

I was a roman catholic and i left there 8years ago, i know the catholic church has a lot of wrong doctrine but never for once have i called the pope or the priest false teacher even though alot of its teachings are wrong

Now you people have arrived, you know who has the anointing and who doesnt have the anointing, calling pastors name, men and women you didnt call, if a pastor is erring, isnt it your duty as a christian to pray for that one? with all the the ranting on the media on the COZA scandal, what came out of it? did the pastor drop dead? did the church growth suffer? God has a way of dealing with his own

cant you show the truth without insults and calling of names?

Dont you know the atrocities the church committed during the dark ages with and in the name of God, isnt the church still standing today with alot of reformation?

we know your type, you claim to correct an error, you start up ur own church or house fellowship or whatever you choose to call it, years later you go into oblivion or deep into some many errors

continue you hear, continue

Actually while this is not an attempt to glorify abuse (its just inevitable that every action bears its real names), it's necessary to correct your impression about Martin Luther. The great reformer insulted the popes and other RCC leaders more than whatever abuse they receive now. See examples

"Great thieves go Scott-free, as the Pope and his crew."

"False preachers are worse than deflowerers of virgins."

"The Pope is a mere tormentor of conscience. The assembly of his greased and religious crew in praying was altogether like the croaking of frogs, which edified nothing at all."

"Since then your sere Majesty and your Lordships seek a simple answer, I will give it in this manner, neither horned nor toothed. Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Scriptures or by clear reason (for I do not trust either in the pope or in councils alone, since it is well known that they have often erred and contradicted themselves), I am bound by the Scriptures I have quoted and my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, since it is neither safe nor right to go against conscience. May God help me. Amen."

(Reply to the Diet of Worms, April 18, 1521)

You can see more at
http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/29874.Martin_Luther?page=4

There is no way you won't ruffle feathers or exchange words whenever you try to challenge entrenched doctrines because humans are wired to resist change and truth and would do so violently. Not all change is good however which is why in my early posts to you, I encouraged you to do a diligent study alongside and judging from the website on church deception which you posted, its very obvious you're taking it seriously. No one has it all but there are fundamental errors that hit at the foundation of the christian faith e.g "that Christians are gods and have the same faith and creative ability as God" which should give us concern.

Every error no matter how 'little' is bad and every doctrine must be rechecked in the light of scripture.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 11:33am On Aug 25, 2014
Image123:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, nanny slapping the daylights out of baba.
This is suffereth violence keee.
What happen, eeyah i mistakenly unfollowed this thread, i have catching up to do later. nanny easy oh, cool temper,
let's leave the slapping for the young pikins, na Baba be this oh.
^^^
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2014
BabaGnoni:

^^^
Everyone apart from you, can tell the Shakespeare wasn't for you or about you
so I wouldn't know about been in a literature class

Anyway, you can see, the 21st century miracles inclusion statement was deliberate
(i.e. you too noticed, I knew it's hard a truth to swallow,
which is why you unearthed and/or exploded the evidence trail I left on that post)

Do you really feel like slapping the daylight out? Is slapping still in vogue?
Ah, I think I know where such slapping once happened and now can guess how this inspiration came up.

who then was the shakespeare meant for or what was the use? you were responding to my post, so what was i supposed to think

please provide the link of the evidence trail you left, maybe i missed them

I'm not a member of LFC and i don't listen to his teachings

Please provide the quote and link about the below allegations you made:
- your attitude is one of "take what i say or leave it, don't ask me questions"
- its one of i know better than you and i have come to show you your errors, accept it and don't question me
- everyone who doesn't seem to agree with you or your line of thought has missed it in your own judgement

I'm sure you did comprehension exercises in school, after reading an article or essay and you are asked to state the tone of the writer, i hope you do know that the tone of the writer is gotten from the general writeup and not a particular line so you asking for a link is akin to asking for a line in an article that tells the tone of the writer

same thing with determining the thrust of an article, it cannot be deduced from one line but from the feel of the whole writeup, thats how i came about ur attitude too
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by nannymcphee(f): 11:49am On Aug 25, 2014
Candour:

Actually while this is not an attempt to glorify abuse (its just inevitable that every action bears its real names), it's necessary to correct your impression about Martin Luther. The great reformer insulted the popes and other RCC leaders more than whatever abuse they receive now. See examples

"Great thieves go Scott-free, as the Pope and his crew."

"False preachers are worse than deflowerers of virgins."

"The Pope is a mere tormentor of conscience. The assembly of his greased and religious crew in praying was altogether like the croaking of frogs, which edified nothing at all."

"Since then your sere Majesty and your Lordships seek a simple answer, I will give it in this manner, neither horned nor toothed. Unless I am convinced by the testimony of the Scriptures or by clear reason (for I do not trust either in the pope or in councils alone, since it is well known that they have often erred and contradicted themselves), I am bound by the Scriptures I have quoted and my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, since it is neither safe nor right to go against conscience. May God help me. Amen."

(Reply to the Diet of Worms, April 18, 1521)

You can see more at
http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/29874.Martin_Luther?page=4

There is no way you won't ruffle feathers or exchange words whenever you try to challenge entrenched doctrines because humans are wired to resist change and truth and would do so violently. Not all change is good however which is why in my early posts to you, I encouraged you to do a diligent study alongside and judging from the website on church deception which you posted, its very obvious you're taking it seriously. No one has it all but there are fundamental errors that hit at the foundation of the christian faith e.g "that Christians are gods and have the same faith and creative ability as God" which should give us concern.

Every error no matter how 'little' is bad and every doctrine must be rechecked in the light of scripture.

Cheers

thanks for this, but what has become of the lutheran movement? are all their teaching correct based on Gods word?

cant someone else also step up to insult them based on their wrong doctrines?

we know in parts, we should try to correct in love and most importantly pray for the erring ones be it pastor or laymen
Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by shdemidemi(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

Acts 28:3-6
3And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand. 4And when the barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live. 5And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. 6Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.

paul was bitten by a poisonous snake, he didnt go the way of medicine but got healed divinely

1kings15:11
[i]11And, behold, the acts of Asa, first and last, lo, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel. 12And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

so can you explain why it was pointed out that Asa turned not to the lord but the physicians and just incase you want to say that this is the old testament, as in it doesn't apply to the christian, kindly explain what paul meant in Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

so what are we to learn from this Asa case(pertaining to his health issue)

like you have rightly quoted, countless supernatural miracles and experiences happened in the past before the bible(doctrine) ever became available. There were countless signs from Genesis leading to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We must come to the knowledge that the stories written aforetime aren't written to be practiced but were written to show us the different dimensions of God.

If you or me get bit by a snake today, it is only logical for us to seek medical help else we die. God's agenda at the time of the prophets, apostles and at pentecost was to empower a people to wrought miracles, these people were not God, so they did not have such power to permanently call those things that were not as though they were- that explains why you will see an Elijah run away for his dear life.

check 1 kings 15;11 properly, you might have quoted wrong.

1 Like

Re: Word Of Faith - The Movement's Doctrine And Proponents by BabaGnoni: 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
nannymcphee:

who then was the shakespeare meant for or what was the use?
you were responding to my post, so what was i supposed to think

please provide the link of the evidence trail you left, maybe i missed them

I'm not a member of LFC and i don't listen to his teachings

I'm sure you did comprehension exercises in school, after reading an article or essay and you are asked to state the tone of the writer,
i hope you do know that the tone of the writer is gotten from the general writeup
and not a particular line so you asking for a link is akin to asking for a line in an article that tells the tone of the writer

same thing with determining the thrust of an article, it cannot be deduced from one line but from the feel of the whole writeup,
thats how i came about ur attitude too

BabaGnoni:

https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/4#24536042

You actually need to be providing verses concerning all you're talking about though now,
no one is going to be doing a guessing game with your "authority" claim
or without evidences be making assumption(s) and/or inferences on your behalf

but if you're referring to taking authority, stepping or trampling on snakes and scorpions etc (i.e. Luke 10:19 or Mark 16:18),
well, then you're in for a shocker because those verses are not meant for or addressed to 21st Christians
[size=2pt]shdemidemi this meat is too tough for some to chew, your comments on this is needed desperately here please[/size]
[size=20pt]^^^^^^^^[/size]
All you now need do, is read those verses loudly slow
for good measure, you can catch up with Acts 28:3 to have the penny drop
I forgot to add, beforehand, you might want read up on what Greek aorist tenses are all about
as this will help with better understanding the above read verses

and thinking about this now and properly, I presume, the link below is where all this authority objection stemmed from
(i.e. where trustman was right about "...The Apostles too were unique in their own way. They were pioneers. They were foundation layers...'')
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/4#24509810

Three IDs (i.e. nannymcphee, mbaemeka and trustman) were quoted in that post for any reading it, to get a handle on the post(s) trending

Oh no, you didn't miss it at all, up there is the link of the evidence trail, as originally left...
(i.e. the seemingly hidden and minimized text above the red carets you blew up)

That post (i.e. https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/4#24536042)
was done out of trying to second guess ihedinobi2 and providing an answer(s) back to his

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him / TB Joshua Nazareth Crusade: New York Times Celebrates Prophet (Photos) / January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 277
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.