Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104641 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by double0seven(m): 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
I have hearing many notable people say the confab is a complete waste of time.......

.......but the day that I heard that the confab proposed the creation of 18 more states was the day I became absolutely sure that the National Conference was indeed an exercise in futility: a truly waste of nation's time and scarce resources.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
No matter how many you create,Imam Shekau still rules.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
cheruv:
am an abian who lives in owerri but doing my clinical training at aba.I only care about our ethnic nation and its people and that means not pandering to the whims and caprices of myopic Igbo politicians.my clan would benefit from the exercise but I'd still root for Anioma anytime kos that's the only state the SE needs.politicians like rochas rooting for anim/njaba state and co are big time wasters.
Clinical training, you? How did you pass premed when you could not comprehend simple sentences made in English language? Anioma is in SS. We are talking of creation of state in Southeast.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
double0seven: I have hearing many notable people say the confab is a complete waste of time.......
.......but the day that I heard that the confab proposed the creation of 18 more states was the day I became absolutely sure that the National Conference was indeed an exercise in futility: a truly waste of nation's time and scarce resources.
Hehehehe! Many people are already fighting over the useless States creation. The cost of running our already expensive government will double and more political criminals will be bred. The confab like its predecessors is just a useless jamboree. We all know our problem in Nigeria and we all know how to fix it.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by oppyfreestyle: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
ARES: Further breaking up an already fragile nation, divided on so many lines. We need to kill all the old politicians in nigerian, their greed has no limit. So every hamlet will now be a local government?
Truly our so called elders have failed this nation yet the open their mouth to say we are lazy and unemployable. They really need a meeting with their makers
U have said it all.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Dyoungstar: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
What we need at this point in time is division, the country need to be divided not creating any ass.hole state, avenue for looting
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
Abagworo: Hehehehe! Many people are already fighting over the useless States creation. The cost of running our already expensive government will double and more political criminals will be bred. The confab like its predecessors is just a useless jamboree. We all know our problem in Nigeria and we all know how to fix it.

Ha ha ha, Join Imo state to Enugu state to cut cost of running our government. You would never subscribe to that. We fought tooth and nail for regional governance system but Nigeria being what it is, no way. The only way you can fix Nigeria's problem is through a benevolent military leadership, but where can you find that in Nigeria? Take what Nigeria gives you until....

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ckc(m): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
WE DONT NEED ANY NEW STATES AT ALL.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Abagworo(m): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
cheruv:
that's the stup1dity rochas has infected them with. orlu people should remain in imo, kos anambrans won't accept excision into any "njaba" state. cool
I've said it time without number that in terms of geopolitics and realpolitik, the only state for the SE is Anioma and adada to a lesser extent.
ndianambra should support the creation of Anioma to unify igboland under ohaneze.
. The problem with you, Chino and other traditional illiterates is your common ignorance. Chino can never be from Uga. That's impossible! A true Igbo son knows the true culture and origin of Igbos beyond artificial State boundaries. I'm totally against States creation but I implore you both to go back and study Igboland and culture very well before you make some of these nonsense historical comments that puts your fathers to shame. Ihiala and Nnewi South belong to same crop of Igbos that make up parts of Imo and Anambra State. If you didn't know just know it today that towns like Ezinifite, Osumenyi, Umuhuokabi, Orsumoghu, Ihitenansa, Awo-Idemili, Orsuihiteukwa and Isekke are but same homogenous clan in different States. They speak exactly same dialect, look exactly alike and practise exactly same culture. Same way Uga which you claim to be from is to Rochas Ogboko, Akokwa, Amichi etc. At the end of the day Rochas might be from the Etiti State which Uga will also join in the ludicrous 54 States.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by deflover(m): 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
the north still wants more states that will feed fat on our oyel ba...... angry angry angry angry these people will not stop till they suck my land dry angry angry angry
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bola4dprec(m): 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Constitutional provision for creation of new state in Nigeria section 8 sub (1) An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of creating a new State shall only be passed if- (a) a request,
supported by at least two-thirds
majority of members (representing the
area demanding the creation of the new State) in each of the following, namely -
(i) the Senate and the House
of Representatives, (ii) the House
of Assembly in respect of the area, and
(iii) the local government councils in
respect of the area, is received by
the National Assembly; (b) a proposal for
the creation of the State is thereafter approved in a referendum by at
least two-thirds majority of the people of the area where the demand for creation of the State originated; (c) the result of the referendum is then approved by a
simple majority of all the States of the
Federation supported by a simple majority of members of the
Houses of Assembly; and (d) the proposal is approved by a resolution passed
by two-thirds majority of members of each House of the National Assembly.
(2) An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of boundary adjustment of any existing State shall only be
passed if- (a) a request for the boundary
adjustment, supported by two-
thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding and the area affected by the boundary adjustment) in each of the following, namely- (i) the Senate and the House of Representatives. (ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and (iii) the local government
councils in respect of the area. is received by the National Assembly; and (b) a proposal for the boundary adjustment is approved by - (i) a simple
majority of members of each House of the National Assembly, and (ii) a simple
majority of members of the House of Assembly in respect of the
area concerned. National Conference was not mentioned in the constitution.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Giftdavids(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Why does Nigeria so love division?
What we need is not more states... And i am certain the aim of all this is allocations, no, misappropriation! Selfish reasons! Lets build Nigeria, not scatter it more!

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cheruv: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
mandax: Clinical training, you? How did you pass premed when you could not comprehend simple sentences made in English language? Anioma is in SS. We are talking of creation of state in Southeast.
even though the content of your writeup displayed your congenital stup1dity,I still had to like it kos you asked an important Q.. cool
Anioma is an Igbo state that would be located in the SS.even though its in the SS,it still remains the best bet for us in the SE.adada can come after Anioma has been created for the western Igbo clans of igbanke,ahaba,ika,orimili and aboh.
Anioma is that bond that would unite the SE and SS Igbos

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by kabba7(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dyoungstar: What we need at this point in time is division, the country need to be divided not creating any ass.hole state, avenue for looting

No one born of a woman can divide Nigeria if need be everyone go dig his own trench , pick his havarsck, is someone reading and understanding this post ? You Can add the unwritten part to complete the post by yourself .
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by newacca: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
LMAyedun: We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
I am expecting my brothers from that side to speak up. I mean the Yoruba side of the state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Fourwinds: 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
nonsense. anoda job creation for fraudulent politicians

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by LMAyedun(m): 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
newacca:
I am expecting my brothers from that side to speak up. I mean the Yoruba side of the state.
Forget it... Those guys will never speak up. They've failed the Okun people.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by TBD(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Edu State will be cave out of present Niger State, Kwara State & kogi State .
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Jilo83(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
we need OKE-OGUN not new oyo state
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by DWJOBScom(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
mandax: Clinical training, you? How did you pass premed when you could not comprehend simple sentences made in English language? Anioma is in SS. We are talking of creation of state in Southeast.
in your quest to be the usual quarrelsome nairalander you missed his point!!!!!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
cheruv:
even though the content of your writeup displayed your congenital stup1dity,I still had to like it kos you asked an important Q.. cool
Anioma is an Igbo state that would be located in the SS.even though its in the SS,it still remains the best bet for us in the SE.adada can come after Anioma has been created for the western Igbo clans of igbanke,ahaba,ika,orimili and aboh.
Anioma is that bond that would unite the SE and SS Igbos
So e pain you? Take more. You hater that may want to stand justice on its head. You liar. You from a most diffident sect. You cameleom. You who refused to tell the truth about who you are and what is motivating your stance. Gerrout and allow people to hear word.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by omoadeleye(m): 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
now this is my time to contest for governor of ijebu state.... eying ijebu vote for me in advance
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by 19naia(m): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
wow! soon people will be able to walk from one state to the next in just 30minutes time.....I guess its no real problem if the federal government is strong in harboring unity among states....The less centralized government is, that means the closer people are to a capital city, the better it will be...If your local government decisions are coming from very nearby and covering a small area, you will see the local peoples interest more readily reflected in governments decision....You want the local government always within walking distance so they will never be able to hide from the mob they have duped...... grin
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by DIVINE78: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
LMAyedun: Forget it... Those guys will never speak up. They've failed the Okun people.
Senator Smart Adeyemi is a big let down. He is busy eating PDP crumbs in Abuja. He is so rich he has an hotel under construction opposite chida hotel in Utako Abuja.

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by airsaylongcon: 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lildreezy:

i school in owerri, and when i tell someone am from delta, the next thing they say is Urhobo wado, or Brendo, and when i'm like am Igbo(Asaba to be precise), they're like hmmm. Its even worse for those from aniocha north, oshimili north, Ogwash and Kwale area.

So u're from asaba too? Nice nice,,,
ino ofuma?

Its actually Vren do not brendo. I feel ur pain though. The discrimination arises from the so-called loss of the state capital to Asaba when Ughelli or Warri were the expected capital! My mom is from the Urhobo side that borders Kwale and the speak Ukwani rather than Urhobo even though they all bear Urhobo names. Looked at as outsiders which is crazy as far as I am concerned. Will be sad to see Anioma go but if that makes y'all happy then so be it

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
rozzay: Is creation of states d problem of nigeria. Nawa oooo. I love my delta am not changin to any anioma or wat do dey call it
naso my sister, i dnt want this so called Anioma state. Delta pay me abeg.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by amadice(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
smartchoice: what rubbish are they up to @ this confab?....State ko LGA ni...arrant nonsense

Any State creation that does not involve Kogi should not involve the South East!
....what's dis bastaard saying? undecided
smartchoice: what rubbish are they up to @ this confab?....State ko LGA ni...arrant nonsense

Any State creation that does not involve Kogi should not involve the South East!
....what's dis bastaard saying?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Xfactoria: 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

God bless you my brother! I had this same argument with people on my facebook page about the stupidity of additional state creation. I noted that the only time in the history of Nigeria that there was accelerated development was when we had regions and the local government councils were strong in pre-civil war Nigeria.

This recommendation is being driven by ego and pride and the economics of it just doesn't make sense. The cost of governance will increase (as if our democracy is not already expensive) and government revenue shared among states and local governments will end up being used to service 18 new rogues, sorry governors and their endless lists of special advisers and PAs. Think of their security votes which would amount to 9 billion monthly (assuming 500 million per state). Think of the new sets of official cars that will be bought and maintained. Think of the 18 new governor's lodges, 18 new state secretariats, commissioners etc. Think of new sets of legislators at the state and federal level ( 54 new Senators assuming 3 per state, 162 new house of reps members assuming 9 per state). The list is endless of the teething problems that will put real development on hold.

If anyone wants to know how stupid and senseless it is to be creating states without thinking it through, check how these states are faring since they were created - Ekiti, Osun, Ebonyi, Nassarawa and Kebbi. These states can barely pay workers' salaries and the ones controlled by APC are borrowing money to finance projects because their allocation leaves nothing when politicians pay themselves and workers. Ever heard of states being insolvent? There are many in Nigeria today that are on the brink of bankruptcy. In business, companies merge or acquire each other when some of them become insolvent. That sort of consolidation is what should be taking place in Nigeria and not creating more mushroom states. Ekiti should by now be negotiating merger with Ondo State etc.

This crap is like a thousand steps backward!

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Atonto: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

God bless you emeka94...you just save me a whole lot of typing. You have said it all....once again...God bless you my brother for the wisdom filled comment.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cheruv: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
mandax: So e pain you? Take more. You hater that may want to stand justice on its head. You liar. You from a most diffident sect. You cameleom. You who refused to tell the truth about who you are and what is motivating your stance. Gerrout and allow people to hear word.
pain you must be a little child to be reasoning like that.I'd not be surprised if you were exclusively breastfed on cowmilk shocked
am an Igbo ethno nationalist and I don't need to explain myself to intellectual midgets like you tongue
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lero15(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
bola4dprec: let me help you out the major problem with Igbomina ppl is lack of cooperation do you realised that Ilorin Emirate is one ? All the five local government comprised of Emirate are one big family. Take a look at the scenario of Isin Local government where they split themselves with different rulers I.e Oniwo of Oke Aba another 10km Oniwo Of Odo Ore another 10km Oniwo of Iwo another 10km Onidere of Idera another 10km Olu Isin of Iji Ijara Isin another 10km Olowu Of Owu etc if you pple can be able to emulate Emirate and submits to a leader I mean a leader like late Albert Ogunsola or David Bangboye it will have be a different story but everybody want to be Oga @ the top Offa local government is also a case study sorry sir
you are Right. And to say d slogan of Igbomina is "isokan" is now turning out to be ironical. But this discrimination has to stop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.