Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104639 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EasternLeopard: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
mikolo80: you guys may want to look at setting up industrial clusters around the universities.experience is the best education

Good point but I have a less costly solution.

It is time we introduce

1) real/computer video teaching materials to help makeup for lack of good but expensive workshop/laboratory equipments we lack in our universities.

Where real workshop/laboratory teaching materials are almost non-existant,real/computer video materials are better when compared to existing teaching materials.

2) Basic engineering-technology into our educational system starting from primary 1 - University level 2. This will focus primarily on how technological products work, are produced and designed using real/computer videos to teach it.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by dennismukoro(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lildreezy: ANIOMA STATE is needed in delta o! Enough of the marginalization by Urhobo's. Ibori and Uduaghan have created gaps that can't easily be bridged!
one is to create state. Another is the the source and what they produce. What does the anioma people have as source.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by juwoonn(m): 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Miner13:

When there is no leader to stand for that.

And 80% of the population acting like a dumbasse.

The political leaders there, are nothing but "political jobbers, power hunter, noisemakers at home and dullard outside, lover of self interest and politifians if there is word like that.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by YorubaBigot: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Only the south east region deserve an additional state for parity, but out of greed and selfishness, some people from other zones saw it as an opportunity to create more states for themselves.

Well for all i care if they like let them create 90 states as long as all the geopolitical zones will have equal representation

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Miner13: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
tosynomolara: ..dat's true ooo,those Igala r really cheating us cry

igala is not cheating anybody.

you are cheating yourself.

Go back home ask your selfish leaders who is cheating who angry angry
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by williamsKay: 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
dhammyg: THAT NEW OYO STATE IS NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE AT ALL.IBADAN IS THE ECONOMIC LIFELINE OF OYO STATE.THE NEW OYO STATE HAS NO MAJOR ECONOMIC CITY.

TO ME THE ONLY STATE THAT SHOULD BE CREATED IN THE SOUTH WEST IS OKUN STATE.THE YORUBA'S IN KWARA AND KOGI SHOULD FORM OKUN STATE AND IT SHOULD BE JOINED TO THE SOUTH WEST.

OKUN STATE IS THE ONLY STATE THE SW NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angryangryangry
And also Ekiti-Akoko state comprises of some neglected parts in Ekiti and Ondo state...suggest capital to be in Ikare Akoko
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mikolo80: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Good point but I have a less costly solution.

It is time we introduce

1) real/computer video teaching materials to help makeup for lack of good but expensive workshop/laboratory equipments we lack in our universities.

Where real workshop/laboratory teaching materials are almost non-existant,real/computer video materials are better when compared to existing teaching materials.

2) Basic engineering-technology into our educational system starting from primary 1 - University level 2. This will focus primarily on how technological products work, are produced and designed using real/computer videos to teach it.
fantastic idea but i still think......ah forget it,like i said fantastic idea do you have any so we market it to schools in lieu of expensive excursions,videos are the next best thing
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ogbronx(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
can u imagine? These states have not been created yet pple here are already fighting over where should be headquarters and all. Even read some suggesting more states in addition to 18 new ones. some disadvantages are ;
1. It will further weaken the struggle for states autonomy and strengthen this govt at the centre that will never bring real (not just roads constructive) development.
2. Under the present political structure, creation of more states means more corruption. Don't be too surprised to learnt that some of those delegates will seek key positions in new states if created.
3. The govt would be more expensive to run. Presently, we use about 70% of our budget on bureaucracy. Creation of states would stretch this more.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EasternLeopard: 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
mikolo80: fantastic idea but i still think......ah forget it,like i said fantastic idea do you have any so we market it to schools in lieu of expensive excursions,videos are the next best thing

Have being trying to get sufficient video materials through Youtube or any other site.

The most important thing is to share the idea with others

It will transform mother Africa.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by samuel25(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
dhammyg: THAT NEW OYO STATE IS NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE AT ALL.IBADAN IS THE ECONOMIC LIFELINE OF OYO STATE.THE NEW OYO STATE HAS NO MAJOR ECONOMIC CITY.

TO ME THE ONLY STATE THAT SHOULD BE CREATED IN THE SOUTH WEST IS OKUN STATE.THE YORUBA'S IN KWARA AND KOGI SHOULD FORM OKUN STATE AND IT SHOULD BE JOINED TO THE SOUTH WEST.

OKUN STATE IS THE ONLY STATE THE SW NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angryangryangry

Selfishness dey worry you. How many LGA do kogi and kwara have put together. The population of only Ibadan is more than your 2 states. What is rationale behind your okun state in south west. The new Oyo has about 19 LGAs, if you don't know, those areas are food basket of south west.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

publicenemy: is this all they can come up with?

more states
More polticians
More allocation
More embezlement
more tribal disparity
More division under ethnic lines
More trouble.

Blind mother f*ckers.They only do things to favour themselves,disregarding the plight of ordinary Nigerians.

ARES: Further breaking up an already fragile nation, divided on so many lines. We need to kill all the old politicians in nigerian, their greed has no limit. So every hamlet will now be a local government?
Truly our so called elders have failed this nation yet the open their mouth to say we are lazy and unemployable. They really need a meeting with their makers
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Miner13: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=juwoonn][/quote]

What are you saying
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by oyecuteez(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2014

. Thank you my Sister. But I guess you need to go through the files and get a little bit of the history of the places listed in the new oyo state. Ibadan might be the commercial capital and industrial area but I put it to you that ibadan produces non of the indigenous economic resources. In terms of population and land mass, the areas listed which is predominantly Oke-ogun joined wt ogbomosho covers 70% of the present oyo state. .... The fact that you clamour for Okun state doesn't av to make you myopic or jump into conclusion wt prejudice. I am not in support state creation, because Nigeria's problem is human-based and not mere geographical mapping. .... I will only advise you to get ur facts and premises straight before arriving at such shallow conclusion. Shalom
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by patrickmuf(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
National conference is a farce... Nothing good looks likely to come out of that gathering, i mean gathering of thieves, very old thieves...
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
Halt irrelevant arguments. Enjoy this ride on the back of a lion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1woxXkvXGQ
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bola4dprec(m): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lero15: u wldnt understand...
educate me boss
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maxit2(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Sometimes i am tempted to say,
Living in Nigeria is a violation of human right.

No human being deserves to live in Nigeria.
If in doubt, pay a visit to any developed nation, a TRUE developing nation(Malaysia, Singapore, Brazil, Thailand, e.t.c) come back to Murtala Mohammed exit gate and see how sick you will immediately become.

This observation is not patented to Nigeria alone, A visit to some other BLACK West African nations will give you almost or same feeling.
We like to hate and kill ourselves.

What truly borders between a white man and a black man is NOT his skin or size of nose. It's his heart and brain.

#Hate me if you must, Na my mind i talk so#

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Disclaimer: Those who don't understand sarcasm, just keeping scrolling

But... I don't see my own tribe there! We are being discriminated against? In fact, we should have one state for every village in my tribe. That would be best. Except... no, ok. One state per family. Yes. Then we would... have what we want! Recognition. And... um...

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Miner13: 7:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
samuel25:

Selfishness dey worry you. How many LGA do kogi and kwara have put together. The population of only Ibadan is more than your 2 states. What is rationale behind your okun state in south west. The new Oyo has about 19 LGAs, if you don't know, those areas are food basket of south west.

Hmmmmmm

Have you ever been to school before?.
can you read ?
do you have people who are educated close by?
how many local governments are there in Niger,Benue, Imo, and kaduna state?

when you know this.
then, come back and I will tell you the number of local government in kogi and kwara angry angry
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cheruv: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: See another Anambran saying exactly the same thing I have been saying. I am not the only one that holds that view, at least 99.9% of Anambrans does not want any part of our dear and powerful state to be touched in whatever guise.

Dalu nwanne mu, abum ezi nwanne si Uga welu bia!

am an abian who lives in owerri but doing my clinical training at aba.I only care about our ethnic nation and its people and that means not pandering to the whims and caprices of myopic Igbo politicians.my clan would benefit from the exercise but I'd still root for Anioma anytime kos that's the only state the SE needs.politicians like rochas rooting for anim/njaba state and co are big time wasters.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lero15(m): 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
bola4dprec: educate me boss
d Igbominas have bn crying for a new state for long. Kwara State has bn polluted by Saraki and power belongs solely to d Ilorins. Even d present governor frm Southern Kwara is a figure-head. So much discrimination in Kwara...d Southern part being d major victims.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Dahkogrin007(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
LMAyedun: We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
it high tym we part wit those igala pple
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by jamace(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hmm. Creating more problems for an already problematic country. May be, this will hasten the dismembering of this godforsaken country.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by felifeli: 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
They should just pack all of Nigeria's money go dash them for North. angry angry angry
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Amoo84(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
what about igbomina state 4rm kwara state
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by fabregas04(m): 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
williamsKay:
And also Ekiti-Akoko state comprises of some neglected parts in Ekiti and Ondo state...suggest capital to be in Ikare Akoko
and also some part of Edo state(Akoko edo) too, like ibillo, igarra, ekpedo etc. Ikare-Akoko wld hv no prblm as being d capital, other towns too wld hv no objection to dat.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by darne(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
MissMeiya:

Our own politicians are just So doing wrong, the only thing in their head is the bank accounts in cbn and How to pack and save more and more for themselves alone!! 36 States didn't work Well, let's see what will happen to 54 !!!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by LeSulk(m): 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
The craving to create more states simply that Nigeria can never be united.Unity in Diversity,my arse

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Abraham2013(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Well am not surprised, in any confab, dere must be intelligent resolution and stupid ones too. Dis one happens to be on of d stupid ones. Somebody who does not know how 2 manage 36, will now know how 2 manage 54.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hehehehe

And the circle continues. I dey laugh. For how long will state creation continue being an issue in Nigeria? Even after more than 50 years of independence. This will definitely not be the end. Maybe they'll stop proposing new states when every dialect in Nigeria has a state. Having 100 states or more probably won't be such a bad idea undecided undecided

This country sha.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Raypawer(m): 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
thank God... their plans failed... they wanted Nigeria to break up.. but we are going stronger
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bola4dprec(m): 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lero15: d Igbominas have bn crying for a new state for long. Kwara State has bn polluted by Saraki and power belongs solely to d Ilorins. Even d present governor frm Southern Kwara is a figure-head. So much discrimination in Kwara...d Southern part being d major victims.
let me help you out the major problem with Igbomina ppl is lack of cooperation do you realised that Ilorin Emirate is one ? All the five local government comprised of Emirate are one big family. Take a look at the scenario of Isin Local government where they split themselves with different rulers I.e Oniwo of Oke Aba another 10km Oniwo Of Odo Ore another 10km Oniwo of Iwo another 10km Onidere of Idera another 10km Olu Isin of Iji Ijara Isin another 10km Olowu Of Owu etc if you pple can be able to emulate Emirate and submits to a leader I mean a leader like late Albert Ogunsola or David Bangboye it will have be a different story but everybody want to be Oga @ the top Offa local government is also a case study sorry sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.