Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104638 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cheruv: 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: You don't get it! No part of Anambra is interested in being carved out of the present Anambra. That said I feel relieved that my town Uga will not be affected.

We have said it times without number, we Anambrans are not interested in any such state creation, we don't want any part of us to be touched in whatever guise.

The only viable state in the SE is Adada and Anioma!

that's the stup1dity rochas has infected them with. orlu people should remain in imo, kos anambrans won't accept excision into any "njaba" state. cool
I've said it time without number that in terms of geopolitics and realpolitik, the only state for the SE is Anioma and adada to a lesser extent.
ndianambra should support the creation of Anioma to unify igboland under ohaneze.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
See another Anambran saying exactly the same thing I have been saying. I am not the only one that holds that view, at least 99.9% of Anambrans does not want any part of our dear and powerful state to be touched in whatever guise.

Dalu nwanne mu, abum ezi nwanne si Uga welu bia!

cheruv:
that's the stup1dity rochas has infected them with. orlu people should remain in imo, kos anambrans won't accept excision into any "njaba" state. cool
I've said it time without number that in terms of geopolitics and realpolitik, the only state for the SE is Anioma and adada to a lesser extent.
ndianambra should support the creation of Anioma to unify igboland under ohaneze.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by valicious1(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
calebo101: maybe they should also create sambisia state for those chairmen in the North too, dash dem d whole forest abeg. lipsrsealed
Kpos!!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by adconline(m): 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
More states more money for politicians- more senators, reps, commissioners, govs.. More business for their followers and thugs! More states are not our problem!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Mr9iceGuy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.

The present Orlu comprises of 12 local govt. So any anambra part will be a minority, u can as well reject to be part of us no wahala, as for the name Njaba, it is derived from a famous Njaba river ok, so stop seing it there other way round, just as Imo is derived from Imo River, Orashi State from Orashi river so wise up. Orlu wu eze ruo echi

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Out of all these broouhaha, Aba state is the only one which can stand on its own with its huge market, already built industries and Oil from Ukwa LGAs.
Aba that was the bane of commercial activity in SE after Onitsha is now more like a lost glory cus those ones we have in Abia Central and North task the hell out of every business here and use it to develop Umuahia and the towns in North and allow the commercial city to die creating different task forces and levies to eat where they did not sow.
Develop and expand the city more, no, its environs, NO, allow us have a son of the soil as a governor to revive the commercial city, No.

Na to come dey oppress everyone here while putting nothing back. 50% of the industries closed during Orji Uzor era, and the other thief promised to revive them and till now nothing, just looting and tasking the businessmen in Aba everyday.

If not for God, Aba for don close since, bt I trust the ingenuity of Aba. A city once touted as the Japan of Africa cus of its industry and ability to craft stuffs out of nothing.

Aba state go make sense die, at least the sitting government go revitalize the city and develop the existing ones.
The city survives on its own already, even with the Govt neglect and we have the manpower, industry and market to go top after Lagos in Nigeria.
Enyimba Enyi.
I see ndi arobam niile smiling. From Faulks road to Owerri Aba to Ogborhill, Abayi Ngasi, Bakassi, PH road, Ohanku, Ngwa Road, Abia Ohuru, Ariaria, Cementary. Umu York, colombia ndi guy.

Hope dey my people. Let Ngwa man rule his land and develop their interest, ndi ohuhu egbuola anyi, ndi a emela anyi ihe.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
coldFLARES1: Perhaps, what delegates to the conference fail to realise is that the congregation looks more like ' job for troublemakers' to stave off the heat. Who would adopt such recommendation? The Senate, through an amendment of extant laws or a referendum.
To think that such recommendations could come when a lot of states cannot self-sustain shows selfishness of members and a manifest lack of guts.
If presently, close to 20 percent of recurrent expenditure is guzzled by the NASS, what happens when these states start contributing members to the NASS and its implication for our budget and development?
These folks have made a lot of crazy propositions to justify their wages but let's see how it pans out eventually. Shebi e go pass through the National Assembly? I am laughing in french.

To save money for Nigeria, ask Nigeria to have your present state be merged with a more viable neighbouring state. Who does not know that under normal circumstances, there are already too many states in Nigeria? But circumstances were not normal with the way the military created and located states. Those NC people are not stupid.

Above all, by the time you understand that Nigeria is a country of many tribal groups seeking for more autonomy from the system, you may then understand the rational behind the decision of the delegates, more so regarding creation of new states. For now, the best you can do is to start to campaign for the NASS to ignore what elderly and wiser Nigerians did at the NC. Some body rightly said that 99.9% of nay sayers to new states are those sitting comfortably in their present states

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nigeria ehn! Our case iss lyk dt of a man whose house is burning & he iss diggin a gutter. How is the gutter goin to help the burnnin house? We jx dnt knw what's next.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
tchidi: *erasing the name of my village from Etiti whatever* undecided undecided angry angry
hahahahahahaha
what's ur state?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
I was hoping to see Itai state from the present AKS. Why was it omitted? Must be some expensive omission. Pls it should be included.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mr9iceGuy:
The present Orlu comprises of 12 local govt. So any anambra part will be a minority, u can as well reject to be part of us no wahala, as for the name Njaba, it is derived from a famous Njaba river ok, so stop seing it there other way round, just as Imo is derived from Imo River, Orashi State from Orashi river so wise up. Orlu wu eze ruo echi

U see that i have a point afterall, U are now calling ihiala minority and displaying ur Okorocha madness. I believe enough has been said already about this new state madness, before they create Trouble as a state.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Kaxmytex: Thrash!

Wot a nice way 2 increase population

36states to 54states..
no problem....atleast,d president go get more place 2 visit when it'z time for campaigning 4 election...
guy you funny oh

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
grin grin grin

They are only deceiving themselves.

No Anambran or any Anambra community will join them in their useless state creation. It feels great being under the Anambra umbrella.

They should go and create themselves, we are not interested!

Bliss4Lyfe:

U see that i have a point afterall, U are now calling ihiala minority and displaying ur Okorocha madness. I believe enough has been said already about this new state madness, before they create Trouble as a state.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
elisinho: I thought Nigeria is smaller to USA so te we wan. Incease states
u need to take ur drugs
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: grin grin grin
They are only deceiving themselves.
No Anambran or any Anambra community will join them in their useless state creation. It feels great being under the Anambra umbrella.
They should go and create themselves, we are not interested!

For once, i am in agreement.

Ihiala host Anambra State University, Uli airport development is on the card yet to come. I have seen pictures of State hospital built recently in Ihiala. In addition to having produced Anambra State gov. They are in no way a minority in Anambra or marginalised. All local government in Anambra are carried along.

I asked a simple question and already Ihiala is a minority. lmao grin

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EasternLeopard: 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You are being riddiculous.

I live in the FCT. There is the ornate capital.....and there are the underdeveloped surrounding villages and satellite towns .

And one more thing....development is not the number of buildings you build...it is all about using your local materials to make life better for your people. Like the Japanese student who developed a portable mechanical harvester to help Japan's farmers...most of whom are getting old. Or the Sierra Leonean in the US who is developing a new form of bionic legs for amputees....due to the high number of amputees in his country due to the wars of the 90's.

All these inventions means more jobs,more industries, and more employment in their localites....which means that thelocal govt develops better roads, and better infrastructure to supply the new industries developed by the inventions of these guys.(and hundreds of others).

But you Nigerians think that development is in the number of nice houses and buildings you build. So you create states so that you can build nice capitals and deceive yourself that you are bringing development closer to your people. Then several years later, the buildings start to look run down...and the money starts to run low....and you people will be busy heading to Abuja to fight for more chopping money.

You won't use the existing state structure to force your governors to work for you. You won;t use your degrees to look for the problems in your locality and sort them out.....so that jobs get created...and the local govt is forced to develop supporting infrastructure. No,you just want nice ornate buildings, and nice universities , etc....that you would be hard pressed to fund years later.

Better start developing...instead of looking for oil money to chop.

Gbam

But you fail to realize that Nigeria has a faulty educational system that churn out technically deficient students that can not develop their communities technologically which is why people go for better cities believing it will attract outside technological development which their technical deficient knowledge can't provide for their communities.

Bros me and you get serious talk concerning engineering-technological education in Nigeria.
Reply me through quoting my comment If you agree that both of us should open a thread on it and link it to possible good potential impact on socio-econo-political progress of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
...do we really need all these potential additional state?the existing states are not really developed,yet we are contemplating of creating more states...ok ooo

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Afrocatalyst: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.
Nne, am so in love with you. Are you from ihiala?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

You are a born trouble maker.
Most of the Ihiala that creates all the hay fever in you were in Orlu division until a few years ago when Chief Agbasiere took them to Anambra state. And they have been itching to rejoin Orlu zone politically since then.They remain in Orlu Catholic Diocese till today. What else don you have in mind? Say it instead of being diversionary.
Are you not maddening as you keep on focusing solely on Ihiala and ANIM out of the 18 or so new states mentioned to be created? You have no point. You have no history behind your argument.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ryusufu(m): 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ghari State
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ilebaami: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=emeka94]Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states...... Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families..... If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!.

My dear, you are infuriated for nothing. You need to think deep. You suggested a solution and it is being given in another name and you cannot see it! You said "give LGAs autonomy" and your prayers are being answered by scrapping the LGAs and giving you replacement autonomous States. All you need to do is ask for more States duh!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by enomakos(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
crying for nigeria

there are over 70 million unemployed nigerians and boko haram are bombing left and right and all our leaders think of is this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ilebaami: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce.... Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families.!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy...create city councils not states. please!!!. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

My dear, you are infuriated for nothing. You need to think deep. You suggested a solution and it is being given in another name and you cannot see it! You said "give LGAs autonomy" and your prayers are being answered by scrapping the LGAs and giving you replacement autonomous States. All you need to do is ask for more States duh!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by myspnigeria: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
cool states. very needed
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mikolo80: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Gbam

But you fail to realize that Nigeria has a faulty educational system that churn out technically deficient students that can not develop their communities technologically which is why people go for better cities believing it will attract outside technological development which their technical deficient knowledge can't provide for their communities.

Bros me and you get serious talk concerning engineering-technological education in Nigeria.
Reply me through quoting my comment If you agree that both of us should open a thread on it and link it to possible good potential impact on socio-econo-political progress of Nigeria.
you guys may want to look at setting up industrial clusters around the universities.experience is the best education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
The idea behind creation of new states is that the present ones are increasingly becoming too few to go round their kids coming from universities abroad to govern as governors and senators. They must create states and give them better chance of becoming governors.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by alwaysbehappy: 6:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Pls will this solve our problem?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Ensquare(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ogoni state from rivers state!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by NaLaugh: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Since everyone wants a new state, i hereby declare the state of Nairaland.

However, we will still need to decide what section will be the official capital.

Suggestions?

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by puresystem: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
calebo101: maybe they should also create sambisia state for those chairmen in the North too, dash dem d whole forest abeg. lipsrsealed
in fact na only you make sense for this forum...

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by juwoonn(m): 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
dhammyg: THAT NEW OYO STATE IS NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE AT ALL.IBADAN IS THE ECONOMIC LIFELINE OF OYO STATE.THE NEW OYO STATE HAS NO MAJOR ECONOMIC CITY.

TO ME THE ONLY STATE THAT SHOULD BE CREATED IN THE SOUTH WEST IS OKUN STATE.THE YORUBA'S IN KWARA AND KOGI SHOULD FORM OKUN STATE AND IT SHOULD BE JOINED TO THE SOUTH WEST.

OKUN STATE IS THE ONLY STATE THE SW NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angryangryangry
This is absolutely the truth and I wonder why Okun state is not on that list.....
Na wa for this jagajaga country ooo
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Miner13: 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
LMAyedun: We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.

When there is no leader to stand for that.

And 80% of the population acting like a dumbasse.

The political leaders there, are nothing but "political jobbers, power hunter, noisemakers at home and dullard outside, lover of self interest and politifians if there is word like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.