Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104635 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by rhymesteey(f): 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
dhammyg: THAT NEW OYO STATE IS NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE AT ALL.IBADAN IS THE ECONOMIC LIFELINE OF OYO STATE.THE NEW OYO STATE HAS NO MAJOR ECONOMIC CITY.

TO ME THE ONLY STATE THAT SHOULD BE CREATED IN THE SOUTH WEST IS OKUN STATE.THE YORUBA'S IN KWARA AND KOGI SHOULD FORM OKUN STATE AND IT SHOULD BE JOINED TO THE SOUTH WEST.

OKUN STATE IS THE ONLY STATE THE SW NEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angryangryangry
I strongly agree with u dear!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by atlwireles: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lildreezy:

well it seems u're urhobo, and so u'll simply turn a blind eye to the fact on ground. How many ibos hold sway in pdp in delta state apart from Okowa? Forget cosmetic politics of ochei and co, we know the urhobos call d shots and they are not about to share with anyone. Why has there been no anioma governor since state creation? We were hoping for Okowa, but now it seems its Orubebe. Just talk from a neutral point of view and u'll see my point.
I don't hate anyone, by best friends in sec school were urhobos, and i'v dated urhobo ladies too. They own and colonized d deltan political space. Take it/leave it.

Reading through your comment, i had to ask myself if you really understand delta state politics. Please name the powers behind Ibori's government. Tell us the primary support source Udughan's administration was built on? Ask yourself why there is no Anioma governor yet the smallest tribe in delta state has a gov. Remember that gov. was strongly opposed by ijaws and urhobos.

Take your time and study the political dynamics of delta, you might reassess your views of my people. We have not done anything to you or other Igbos in delta state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
WTF! How can two communities that can't understand themselves become one. They should better make ihiala the capital of the new state or else we shall not be part of it.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by gratiaeo(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
Useless people
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hmmmmmmm

Orlando Owoh: If I have my way I will scrap the existing 36 states, and create 6 regions. The composition will follow the existing 6 geo-political zones with minor changes. These are their capitals:
1. North East - Sokoto.
2. North West - Kaduna.
3. North Central - Ilorin.
4. South West - Lagos.
5. South South - Port Harcourt.
6. South East - Enugu.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: You don't get it! No part of Anambra is interested in being carved out of the present Anambra. That said I feel relieved that my town Uga will not be affected.

We have said it times without number, we Anambrans are not interested in any such state creation, we don't want any part of us to be touched in whatever guise.

The only viable state in the SE is Adada and Anioma!

@chino 72,
Let me tell you your problem: Chino72 is from Uga, Aguata Lga of Anambra state. Whenever Chino 72 is placed side by side with an Anambrarian from say, O'Sha or Ogidi, Chino72 is immediately imposed with inferiority complex.

So Chino72's only consolation is wearing the flag of Anambra state, or painting himself with Anambra state colours in any assembly, including on NL. Grow up Chino. Shake off inferiority complex.
Uli in Ihiala and Orlu share a lot of common ancestry.

Has Chino72 heard of Orsumoghu in Anambra state? People there are same ancestry wth people in the neighbouring Orsu in Imo state.

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
What a huge joke. Just to trivialize and bastardize d genuine call for one additional state in the southeast

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Sunshinelady(f): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Donmarrius:

Your opinion as regards whether some LGAs in Anambra,will be carved out or not,will be grossly insignificant,when the time comes.
Stop making it look as if Anambra statet is your family name!.
When time comes,those who holds the stake in Anambra,and Igbo nation,will definitely speak.
Or was Anambra not created from somewhere?.
. Beko juo ya
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Idrismusty97: Sokoto is no where near Northeast! Look your map again. Sokoto is along the border of Niger republic
It's a mistake, I will correct it. Thanks.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Sunshinelady(f): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
millionaireman:
@chino 72,
Let me tell you your problem: Chino72 from Uga, Aguata Lga of Anambra state. Whenever Chino 72 is placed side by with an Anambrarian fellow from say O'Sha or Ogidi, Chino72 is immediately imposed with inferiority complex.

So Chino72's only consolation is wearing the flag of Anambra state, or painting himself with Anambra state colours in any assembly, including on NL. Grow up Chino. Shake off inferiority complex.
. smiley cool

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by saintikechi(m): 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
smartchoice: what rubbish are they up to @ this confab?....State ko LGA ni...arrant nonsense

Any State creation that does not involve Kogi should not involve the South East!

what has kogi got to do with south east
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by armadeo(m): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
MEILYN: Nairalanders? I thought this forum was filled with intelligent people? I am very disappointed in you guys. So you guys don't see the advantage of new states? You don't know it will bring development especially in infrastructure? Bring the government closer to the people? Woooooow. Na wa for ona ooo

Me I am disappointed in you. Let me summarize for you.

Old wine in new skin. Nothing changes. Except for the few who would be leaders in the new States. Do you know the level of regress this would cause.

The first point of call will be new govt houses to be built then legislative environments, secretariats, commissioners quarters, assembly quarters church and mosque in govt house etc etc. Not to talk of cars for all new officials There would be paucity if funds in an already malnourished system and you the common man will be waiting with his bowl for development. The first 16yrs ie 2 eight year tenures can't even complete all this listed.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Btruth: 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
Supported. I expect 2 states to be created out of Kogi state. That state is too big, and besides there's no development whatsoever from the Okun region. I wonder what that man call Smart Adeyemi is doing in Abuja for his people.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Rossikki: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
You know the funny thing about this thread? 99.9% of people posting to condemn the proposed new states are themselves sitting in ornate state capitals built by past leaders who insisted on bringing govt closer to the people, by creating new states. Now you want to close the door to other Nigerians. YES, MORE STATES ARE GOOD. It means more state capitals, and more development of its neighbouring towns, more roads, more potential for jobs, investment and heightened economic activities in the newly formed constituencies. Look at places like Uyo, Awka, Asaba, Ado-Ekiti, Oshogbo, Yenagoa today. Ten years ago those places were little more than glorified villages. Today, they are booming hubs of economic activity, hosting and building multimillion dollar factories and businesses, shopping malls, and enjoying massive infrastructural investment from flyovers to international airports! None of that would have happened if the decision wasn't made in the past to create more states from the original 12, then 19, then 31 etc etc. Those places would still have been villages today. So YES, give us MORE STATES. You selfish ones already posting from state capitals should SHARRAP, and let the other currently village based guys with no hope get a chance at their own opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by coldFLARES1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Perhaps, what delegates to the conference fail to realise is that the congregation looks more like ' job for troublemakers' to stave off the heat. Who would adopt such recommendation? The Senate, through an amendment of extant laws or a referendum.
To think that such recommendations could come when a lot of states cannot self-sustain shows selfishness of members and a manifest lack of guts.
If presently, close to 20 percent of recurrent expenditure is guzzled by the NASS, what happens when these states start contributing members to the NASS and its implication for our budget and development?
These folks have made a lot of crazy propositions to justify their wages but let's see how it pans out eventually. Shebi e go pass through the National Assembly? I am laughing in french.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Engr DozzyMary: people lyk u r d probs we hv in d east! Smone 4rm d north dnt kia wat d name of d new st8 is or d mother state, dia interest is d northern region is xpanding. So, gentleman leave sentiments out! Wateva de cal d state, no issue @ al. Smtyms i wonder aw easterns ll manage Biafran if de r askd 2 go dia way 2day!
I am the bad person for caring about the one local government u want to annex from Anambra to join ur 12 orlu local gov?

I am the bad one for enquiring about ur intentions for them so they are not cheated or mistreated? As u know Ihiala has produced a Gov of Anambra and is due for another soon? They are treated fairly in Anambra and will u treat them fairly or treat them as ur property?

That is all Ooooo

VICTORCIZA: Remove Ihiala from your silly njaba state and continue!!!
how can you take a single local government from a state to merge it will multitude of local governments from another state? that's silly because there is going to be marginalization!
Add atleast 4 local governments from anambra in it.
This will ferment alot of troubles if these abnormalities in this njaba state is not corrected! quote me anywhere!!!!

This is exactly my thought.

Sunshine lady: . She can curse & shout all she wants, once d agreement is signed & stamped by d senate & ogas @d top, okwu agwu! Dats all! Hehehe, d sooner she starts gettin used to being from Njaba state, d better 4her grin

see wat dis one is typing

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by armadeo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Fit2Rule: L.M. Ayedun for governor of Savanna State,2015. You have my support.

And it has already begun. Campaigning for the governor of a state that hasn't even been created yet.

Jesus Christ. Una no go kill person sha. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Dailyfavour(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
I think New Oyo state is having a better chance, considering number of local govt. that made the state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Innodon(m): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
millionaireman:

Ihiala Lga sems to have had it rough with development since the agitation for Njaba state began in the last decade. Orlu senatorial zone has also had it rough with denied development since then.
this is just the sole reason why they have refused to develop Ihiala and Orlu senatorial district. I pity this politicians they don't have conscience at all. Denying people of those area of many things due to some nonsense reason.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by canalily(m): 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
...chibok kwa! I tot boko haram hav killed everybdy in that area and abducted the remaining ones??
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by waja(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.
. Here in naira, I can find the most intelligent and the most foolish people. Emeka94 belongs to the former.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by eagleeye2: 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
ABA state,
Ndi ngwa, ga na achi onwe ha.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by musiwa92: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
national conference is bullshiit
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rossikki: You know the funny thing about this thread? 99.9% of people posting to condemn the proposed new states are themselves sitting in ornate state capitals built by past leaders who insisted on bringing govt closer to the people, by creating new states.

Gbam. Correct. So you also discovered the fact? 99% of people condemning creation of new states are people very comfortable in the states they find themselves already.

They are wickedly exploiting other areas in their states by denying them development infrastructures.

By incidences of the past, most of these saying No to new states have all the five or more universities and polytechnics meant for their state located only in their senatorial zones alone, and they petition Jah in heaven when ever any attempt was made to relocate even one to other zones.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by janykute: 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
They should try and give us Anaedo state with Nnewi as the capital.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rossikki: You know the funny thing about this thread? 99.9% of people posting to condemn the proposed new states are themselves sitting in ornate state capitals built by past leaders who insisted on bringing govt closer to the people, by creating new states. Now you want to close the door to other Nigerians. YES, MORE STATES ARE GOOD. It means more state capitals, and more development of its neighbouring towns, more roads, more potential for jobs, investment and heightened economic activities in the newly formed constituencies. Look at places like Uyo, Awka, Asaba, Ado-Ekiti, Oshogbo, Yenagoa today. Ten years ago those places were little more than glorified villages. Today, they are booming hubs of economic activity, hosting and building multimillion dollar factories and businesses, shopping malls, and enjoying massive infrastructural investment from flyovers to international airports! None of that would have happened if the decision wasn't made in the past to create more states from the original 12, then 19, then 31 etc etc. Those places would still have been villages today. So YES, give us MORE STATES. You selfish ones already posting from state capitals should SHARRAP, and let the other currently village based guys with no hope get a chance at their own opportunities.

You are being riddiculous.

I live in the FCT. There is the ornate capital.....and there are the underdeveloped surrounding villages and satellite towns .

And one more thing....development is not the number of buildings you build...it is all about using your local materials to make life better for your people. Like the Japanese student who developed a portable mechanical harvester to help Japan's farmers...most of whom are getting old. Or the Sierra Leonean in the US who is developing a new form of bionic legs for amputees....due to the high number of amputees in his country due to the wars of the 90's.

All these inventions means more jobs,more industries, and more employment in their localites....which means that thelocal govt develops better roads, and better infrastructure to supply the new industries developed by the inventions of these guys.(and hundreds of others).

But you Nigerians think that development is in the number of nice houses and buildings you build. So you create states so that you can build nice capitals and deceive yourself that you are bringing development closer to your people. Then several years later, the buildings start to look run down...and the money starts to run low....and you people will be busy heading to Abuja to fight for more chopping money.

You won't use the existing state structure to force your governors to work for you. You won;t use your degrees to look for the problems in your locality and sort them out.....so that jobs get created...and the local govt is forced to develop supporting infrastructure. No,you just want nice ornate buildings, and nice universities , etc....that you would be hard pressed to fund years later.

Better start developing...instead of looking for oil money to chop.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Which complex are you talking about? All parts of Anambra has something that makes them thick, no part of greater. So there is no reason why inferiority should come up. My town is Uga is equally thick in its on way both politically and economically.

My point is that the state creation is pointless. We Anambrans are not interested. It feels great being an Anambran and that is why nobody wants out because as a people our government spreads developments to all parts of the state and not just the urban centers.

Besides Anioma and Adada are the only viable ones!

millionaireman:
@chino 72,
Let me tell you your problem: Chino72 is from Uga, Aguata Lga of Anambra state. Whenever Chino 72 is placed side by side with an Anambrarian from say, O'Sha or Ogidi, Chino72 is immediately imposed with inferiority complex.

Has Chino72 heard of Orsumoghu in Anambra state? People there are same ancestry wth people in the neighbouring Orsu in Imo state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Obiagelli: in all these na nursery school pupils i pity pass, how dem wan read this state and capital?

Btw what will the national assembly look like? Over 400 senators and 1000 reps. Like everything gej, another waste of time and fund.

Rotflmfao! You've got a point there hun

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by henrimoto(m): 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Obiagelli: in all these na nursery school pupils i pity pass, how dem wan read this state and capital?

Btw what will the national assembly look like? Over 400 senators and 1000 reps. Like everything gej, another waste of time and fund.
lollzzzz...... Orrrbbi! Dem go all turn to music composers... Lolzz

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by millionaireman: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: Which complex are you talking about? All parts of Anambra are has something that makes them thick, so part of greater. So there is no reason why inferiority should come up. My town is Uga is thick in its on way both politically and economically.

My point is that the state creation is pointless. We Anambrans are not interested. It feels great being an Anambran and that is why nobody wants out because as a people our government spreads developments to all parts of the state and not just the urban centers.

Besides Anioma and Adada are the only viable ones!

You see why you are not worth replying: by what parameter do Adada or Anioma in Southsouth beat ANIM/NJABA as sixth state in the southeast? By no parameter whatsoever. By any parameter in use to decide which area must merit the sixth state in the southeast state, ANIM?NJABA beats the two..

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Adada for instance already has Nsukka and it equally has good population that can make a state. It has already a federal university, agricultural and manpower that beats other new state options. It has the support of Enugu and Ebonyi states but the Njaba and stuff does not enjoy all these!

I understand how bad you want out from your imo state but lets be realistic here.

millionaireman:
You see why you are not worth replying: by what parameter do Adada or Anioma in Southsouth beat ANIM/NJABA as sixth state in the southeast?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.