Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage (45355 Views)

Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / 7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love / What Woman Should Know About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 22, 2014
op, good post. one of d reasons my ex cheated on me was cuz i didn't want to have pre-marital sex. his other reason... he didn't like my quiet personality. he confessed all these himself. i told him my beliefs right from when we started dating n told he he didn't hv to stay with me if he was looking for a relationship with sex n said he was cool with it n would wait till marriage. i told him i'm a quiet person too. instead of him to break up with me n let me go jeje, he chose to cheat continuously for a year. he was a good actor cuz i had nooo idea. there i was thinking he was sooo patient, sweet, faithtful n honest grin grin when he was far from those things. the only reason he decided to confess after a year was cuz he wanted me n him to get back 2gether n he wanted 2 ask for my forgiveness first. told him i forgave him but no way was i getting back together with him. i was sooo hurt because i trusted him n never believed he would ever do that 2 me. some of the other guys who've approached me all seem to be Hot idiaaats too. i make sure i tell them from the start so dey can waka pass if they can't handle it. they change after i tell dem, aka call me less n less. i eventually stop picking their calls once i realize they were only after 1 thing to begin with, idiaaaats.

Vivalavida99: Sweetmelon, you ain't far from the truth. The thirstiness of today's men/guys is beyond believe. And like you rightly said, you can be Kardashian, you can be mother Theresa, you can Brittney, but what will be will surely be. Dig that?
i concur. too many thirsty-ass men out dere. it doesn't matter who u are, a man who wants to cheat will cheat
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by salt1: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2014
Sweetlemon: Mr Salt1 you need a full collection of Macmillan primary school reader (book1-6)ASAP.

Where in my post did I ever mention teenagers can have sex? You mean even I after my last post to explain myself you block head still do not understand my point? You need deliverance! Btw how old are you?

Sweetlemon, can you buy those readers for me? Oh No, you shouldn't because I am a block head who needs deliverance and may not even understand what I am reading if you bought me the collection. Thanks so much and God bless you.

Now back to your IMMORAL post. I may be very daft, but this is what I understand from your post
1. You are above 30, desperately single, desperately seeking and desperately willing to mingle
2. You are answering back those who have been telling you that if you had closed your legs a little and lowered your skirts, you would have landed yourself a husband
And your answer is basically this: from my experience with all the men who didn't think I was a marriage material, I have learnt that the man who will love to marry you will marry you! It doesn't matter if you have slept with 5 or 50 men, if you have HIV/STDS, if you have the reputation of a slut, if you have committed multiple abortions etc. In fact, the "badder" you are as a girl, the better your chances of landing yourself a "good" husband! After all, Kim Kardasian etc all married "good" husbands! Why didn't you add Maheeda? Is she not a role model and didn't she get a rich husband? I mean, wouldn't your brother have been proud bringing her home to introduce to your Mom as her future DIL?

The entire post, which ridicules decent girls who are keeping themselves chaste, and promotes immorality, is seen as a fact! I can only smh at you and the promiscuous men who liked your post. Continue to promote immorality! Continue to laugh at purity! That one million flies eat shit doesn't mean that shit should be eaten.
I wish you luck
I stand for decency! And purity! And yes I am married and I have very meaningful and fulfilling relationship with my spouse.

7 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by salt1: 9:19am On Jul 22, 2014
aflyingbird: op, good post. one of d reasons my ex cheated on me was cuz i didn't want to have pre-marital sex. his other reason... he didn't like my quiet personality. he confessed all these himself. i told him my beliefs right from when we started dating n told he he didn't hv to stay with me if he was looking for a relationship with sex n said he was cool with it n would wait till marriage. i told him i'm a quiet person too. instead of him to break up with me n let me go jeje, he chose to cheat continuously for a year. he was a good actor cuz i had nooo idea. there i was thinking he was sooo patient, sweet, faithtful n honest grin grin when he was far from those things. the only reason he decided to confess after a year was cuz he wanted me n him to get back 2gether n he wanted 2 ask for my forgiveness first. told him i forgave him but no way was i getting back together with him. i was sooo hurt because i trusted him n never believed he would ever do that 2 me. some of the other guys who've approached me all seem to be Hot idiaaats too. i make sure i tell them from the start so dey can waka pass if they can't handle it. they change after i tell dem, aka call me less n less. i eventually stop picking their calls once i realize they were only after 1 thing to begin with, idiaaaats.

i concur. too many thirsty-ass men out dere. it doesn't matter who u are, a man who wants to cheat will cheat

Please let me help correct this impression. Adults do what they choose to do. It is unhealthy for you to feel that you are responsible for your ex's decision to cheat on you: every adult decides what he wants to do with his life.
You know why he wants to come back to you? Because he has realized that you are a gem. You have principles. You have strength of character! The girls who will follow Sweetlemon's advice are there: 2 for N20! But a principled and beautiful young woman is rare to find.
Please stick to what you believe in and at the right time, the person who shares your value system will come into your life and it will all be worth it

3 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 9:28am On Jul 22, 2014
salt1:
Sweetlemon, can you buy those readers for me? Oh No, you shouldn't because I am a block head who needs deliverance and may not even understand what I am reading if you bought me the collection. Thanks so much and God bless you.
Now back to your IMMORAL post. I may be very daft, but this is what I understand from your post
1. You are above 30, desperately single, desperately seeking and desperately willing to mingle
2. You are answering back those who have been telling you that if you had closed your legs a little and lowered your skirts, you would have landed yourself a husband
And your answer is basically this: from my experience with all the men who didn't think I was a marriage material, I have learnt that the man who will love to marry you will marry you! It doesn't matter if you have slept with 5 or 50 men, if you have HIV/STDS, if you have the reputation of a slut, if you have committed multiple abortions etc. In fact, the "badder" you are as a girl, the better your chances of landing yourself a "good" husband! After all, Kim Kardasian etc all married "good" husbands! Why didn't you add Maheeda? Is she not a role model and didn't she get a rich husband? I mean, wouldn't your brother have been proud bringing her home to introduce to your Mom as her future DIL?
The entire post, which ridicules decent girls who are keeping themselves chaste, and promotes immorality, is seen as a fact! I can only smh at you and the promiscuous men who liked your post. Continue to promote immorality! Continue to laugh at purity! That one million flies eat shit doesn't mean that shit should be eaten.
I wish you luck
I stand for decency! And purity! And yes I am married and I have very meaningful and fulfilling relationship with my spouse.

wink wink wink
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2014
salt1:

Please let me help correct this impression. Adults do what they choose to do. It is unhealthy for you to feel that you are responsible for your ex's decision to cheat on you: every adult decides what he wants to do with his life.
You know why he wants to come back to you? Because he has realized that you are a gem. You have principles. You have strength of character! The girls who will follow Sweetlemon's advice are there: 2 for N20! But a principled and beautiful young woman is rare to find.
Please stick to what you believe in and at the right time, the person who shares your value system will come into your life and it will all be worth it

Let's use the daft-o-meter now.

What exactly do you believe I am advising girls to do here?
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2014
aflyingbird: op, good post. one of d reasons my ex cheated on me was cuz i didn't want to have pre-marital sex. his other reason... he didn't like my quiet personality. he confessed all these himself. i told him my beliefs right from when we started dating n told he he didn't hv to stay with me if he was looking for a relationship with sex n said he was cool with it n would wait till marriage. i told him i'm a quiet person too. instead of him to break up with me n let me go jeje, he chose to cheat continuously for a year. he was a good actor cuz i had nooo idea. there i was thinking he was sooo patient, sweet, faithtful n honest grin grin when he was far from those things. the only reason he decided to confess after a year was cuz he wanted me n him to get back 2gether n he wanted 2 ask for my forgiveness first. told him i forgave him but no way was i getting back together with him. i was sooo hurt because i trusted him n never believed he would ever do that 2 me. some of the other guys who've approached me all seem to be Hot idiaaats too. i make sure i tell them from the start so dey can waka pass if they can't handle it. they change after i tell dem, aka call me less n less. i eventually stop picking their calls once i realize they were only after 1 thing to begin with, idiaaaats.

The guy didn't leave you because you didn't want to sleep with him. He left because he wanted to anyway. Like I tried to explain in my first post, it doesn't matter if/when a guy has sex with you, if/when he wants to leave, he will leave because you are not the only girl in the world with a virgina.

If you are not ready to have sex, don't. Wait till you want to. With the right man.

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
salt1:
tnx. yea i know i'm not responsible for his cheating, can't blame myself for his actions. i know i didn't deserve what he did 2 me. he himself told me i'm a good person. it just hurts bcuz i thought he wud be the last person on earth to ever hurt me n kinda made me feel i wasn't good enuff for him dat he had to go after anoda chick. when we were together, after a while i started getting weird feelings like maybe this guy isn't the right guy for me afterall but i brushed it off n thought our relationship was still new, give it time. n i felt were weren't connecting emotionally like i wanted so i talked to him, told him how we could work together n connect more. when he confessed he said the reason i felt those things was cuz he was seeing someone else so he couldn't always be present with me. it hurts a whole lot, felt betrayed, deceived, everything cry cry cry. i will be listening 2 my instincts a lot more now n gotta be careful with trusting men too n thinking a man will b faithful to me cry cry. i now know no one is above being cheated on. if bill clinton can cheat on hilary, arnold schwarzenegger can cheat on maria, u know.. any man can do it, no matter how good n faithful a woman is to them

Sweetlemon:

The guy didn't leave you because you didn't want to sleep with him. He left because he wanted to anyway. Like I tried to explain in my first post, it doesn't matter if/when a guy has sex with you, if/when he wants to leave, he will leave because you are not the only girl in the world with a virgina.

If you are not ready to have sex, don't. Wait till you want to. With the right man.
oh yes, i will wait. in fact, he has made me stronger in d sense dat i know i will neva give it up until i am 100% sure i am with the right man. i am 27 yrs old. if i had had sex with this idiaaat, he likely would've found anoda reason to cheat n i wud b even more devastated. so am glad i didn't n stood my ground d whole time n kept myself. he only made me stronger grin

3 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
aflyingbird:
oh yes, i will wait. in fact, he has made me stronger in d sense dat i know i will neva give it up until i am 100% sure i am with the right man. i am 27 yrs old. if i had had sex with this idiaaat, he likely would've found anoda reason to cheat n i wud b even more devastated. so am glad i didn't n stood my ground d whole time n kept myself. he only made me stronger grin

Go girl!

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by princesa(f): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
Awho:

if u ask me i think i'll advice you keep an open mind and learn from her because i fink as times are changing so also are men what eva she's said her i bet is tested on the alter of experience if you doubt it i give it to you as an assignment.. No disrespect intented please
no disrespect noted.

But maybe in comprehending men more, i should start getting the perspectives of a man. Would you do the honor of answering my questions?
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2014
princesa:
no disrespect noted.

But maybe in comprehending men more, i should start getting the perspectives of a man. Would you do the honor of answering my questions?

What questions dear?
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Awho(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2014
princesa:
no disrespect noted.

sure why not
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Sweetlemon: from your post... I can see that you are no longer in the fantasy and religious bubble that so many girls/ladies are still in... you are now at the stage of awareness. And so many people are going to argue and condemn you because they are still in the clouds.

Personally how quick I get sex from a lady does not determine whether I want a relationship or marriage with her. It is the other things about her that determines whether I want a relationship or marriage. To give or not to give sex is not the determining factor on whether matured men would marry a girl or not - life is multidimensional - sex is not the only factor that a man is considering!
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Sweetlemon(f): 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
teeowl: Sweetlemon: from your post... I can see that you are no longer in the fantasy and religious bubble that so many girls/ladies are still in... you are now at the stage of awareness. And so many people are going to argue and condemn you because they are still in the clouds.

Personally how quick I get sex from a lady does not determine whether I want a relationship or marriage with her. It is the other things about her that determines whether I want a relationship or marriage. To give or not to give sex is not the determining factor on whether matured men would marry a girl or not - life is multidimensional - sex is not the only factor that a man is considering!

I wish this comment was on the front page. You have summarized all my points.

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by bisi16(m): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2014
cutiemoi:

So she should keep giving until the man comes! Nawa o.
Hope you will marry a lady that has given 30 men up untill she met you.
It doesn't matter. So long as am happy with her. Who doesn't hav a past?

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Mikkie31(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2014
I have been reading every post on this thread for two days now and i have decided to comment with my experience. The fact still stands that every one is entitled to their own opinion but the truth also remains that GOD ORDERED HIS OWN PEOPLE TO KEEP OFF ADULTERY AND FORNICATION. The question i would like every honest person on this thread to answer is ;would you live your life based on people's theories and opinions rather than look into the mirror of God's words which is the bible? Speaking for myself,i was involved in quite a few immoralities and it took me a while to understand why i should rather listen to God other than people's opinion. It really matters the things you do with your self but being happy comes with a choice and only Jesus teaches us how to carefully make that choice. This is not about being religious or not being realistic,the truth remains the truth and i think we all know it. Its best we face it and let it change us. NO SEX BEFORE A MARITAL UNION UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE.

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
chuxyz: OP, you definitely know nothing about Men, sex or marriage. Though you got some points, but you lost them at certain instances. For example when you said men don't like Good women - that's a fat lie. In as much as men needs a woman who is machine on bed which we can most times term as Bad Girl, a man also needs a faithful woman. A man needs not only a wife or bedmate, but a mother in a wife. One who can mother him and his children. Men needs a woman that possess the quality of a good mother. We don't need that bad girl who is likely to cheat. We don't need that girl who cant inculcate good morals in our kids. I am a man and i can stand out to tell you this. You haven't sat around married and unmarried men to discuss about relationships and marriage but i have so i can tell you more if you wish to know. Also i will tell you that a men don't like having sex with who they love. If a man is not married to you but loves you not for sex, he feels bad when he lost control and eventually have sex with you. Now what i'm saying is that a man who does not love you for sex must feel bad each time he has sex with you. I have looked within myself and noticed that i never love any lady whenever sex was my priority. I might like her but...no love. Having sex with one you are not married to is degrading and that's why you have to pay prostitute for services and that's why guys must pay their girlfriends in cash. I believe girl you truely love is like a sister to you. Having sex with her is hurting her. Sit down with men and you will learn

Crap!! your emotional imbalance cannot form a general consensus for men however it formed yours.
You feel bad when you have sex with a woman you love? seriously? are you impotent? It doesnt happen to people I know.
Sex is a biological process majorly controlled by your hormones while love is an emotion, how did one control the other?
abi you be robot?

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
sexyexcalibur: funny you.... I abstain because Christ tel sme too, not because of sme mythology......you keep yourself til marriage, not because you want a Gud husband BT because u want to..... dz post z just a way of making non virgins feel Gud.. ...... dia population z mor so expect mor likes for d pros........ sex z 1 of d easiest tin you can get out dia (for free sef), BT U can Neva gt ur virginity back..... mk ur own choice n don't let sme article or myth mk it for u....

Christ equally asked you to add sexy to your moniker!? do children of God answer sexy Mary or sister Mary? you will make more sense if you said you abstain because of fear of HIV or other STI, God truly knows his people.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
njokusboy:

You only said 1 tin, you asserted dat I was a teenager while yuu are an elder (which shows u re way less mature than you claim).... Since u don't even know me
Only kids log into a public forum and call people with divergent opinions children... I don't care how old u re but you are an adult kid...

All you wrote up there are total crap which justifies my calling u a kid, u clearly are not smart enough to engage me in a discourse... Who is kim kardashian, who is jlo... They are celebrities, American celebrities.... Americans and Nigerians are not the same... Americans are too individualistic, even porn stars get married... How many of our popular actresses are still single... Use ur tongue to count ur teeth...
Besides u don't live lyk a hoe when you are not angelina jolie and expect a reasonable man to marry you... How many of your brothers are married to prostitutes, would you allow ur child marry a stripper... Is ur wife a stripper
Any Nigerian kim kardarshian would remain single.... Try it, tell one of your sisters to make a sex tape and see if she won't be single for the rest of her life...
Like I said earlier, people go to the villages to marry because they assume those in the village are less loose, which justifies my position dat Nigerians do not intentionally marry loose women.. Most of the time...

Finally, GROW UP, if you have something to say, say it.. Don't go about calling people kids... Not everyone is your age or sense mate... Be wise

@njoku's boy, I will like to speak with Njoku the father, guess he is only the sane mind who really understood the post Njoku's boy quoted, nevertheless, tell the boy that there are 1 million reasons why men marry and love is the least on the profile.
If the majority of men today, have wives who contribute to the upkeep of the family, can they all file out and tell us they married those women out of genuine love?
would they have married those women should they be jobless?
she must be pretty, tall, working, intelligent, graduate, good home with less baggage, the last people who married for love were women, Men marry you because you fit a profile, most of these guys here are talking nonsense, most of them married for the same reason but too ashamed to admit it.

Now for the Virgins, I have one simple test for you, go to a social network put up a profile with a list thus:

I am a virgin
I come from a polygamous family of 17children, I am number 12
I don't believe in God
I dropped out of SS2 due to financial reasons
I am still looking for a job

put up a picture of a person with the following features;

short
Dark
very ugly like a bat,

If any reasonable man says hello and wants to meet you and that your virginity, know that he really needs you for rituals.

I repeat, men marry for different reasons, love and virginity is at the ebb, I will only make sense to married men, bachelors please don't quote

thank you!!

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mikkie31: I have been reading every post on this thread for two days now and i have decided to comment with my experience. The fact still stands that every one is entitled to their own opinion but the truth also remains that GOD ORDERED HIS OWN PEOPLE TO KEEP OFF ADULTERY AND FORNICATION. The question i would like every honest person on this thread to answer is ;would you live your life based on people's theories and opinions rather than look into the mirror of God's words which is the bible? Speaking for myself,i was involved in quite a few immoralities and it took me a while to understand why i should rather listen to God other than people's opinion. It really matters the things you do with your self but being happy comes with a choice and only Jesus teaches us how to carefully make that choice. This is not about being religious or not being realistic,the truth remains the truth and i think we all know it. Its best we face it and let it change us. NO SEX BEFORE A MARITAL UNION UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE.

I will understand if you caught HIV during your sexcapades of immoralities like you put it to form this opinion.
Do you really need God to tell you to flee from fornication? what about science that told you of HIV, Staph, Gono, syphilis, herpes etc, have you listened to it?
All you religious people who give the impression that religion is the custodian of morality are deluded, Common sense and God given conscience is the custodian of morality.

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
soonest:
Being a virgin is not that u want to get d best of all men or is it abt copying Mother Theresa, it's a matter of principle and choice. That she's a virgin doesn't mean she will be boring in bed when u guys marry! Dat she's boring now while u guys are trying to make out is because she doesn't want u guys to go too far in d act. Marry her first and u will see the tigress in her. She will be so willing to learn and please.

Con ladies
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
cutiemoi:

So she should keep giving until the man comes! Nawa o.
Hope you will marry a lady that has given 30 men up untill she met you.

Ironically, the ones that have lost count marry faster
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
jpphilips:

Christ equally asked you to add sexy to your moniker!? do children of God answer sexy Mary or sister Mary? you will make more sense if you said you abstain because of fear of HIV or other STI, God truly knows his people.
look v explained DT earlier to some1 .... don't have to xplain it to u..... u can criticize d name BT d message still stares at ur phase....

1 Like

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
onyaigo: don't worry my dear..let me not look for you when I get to heaven biko...

Targeting heaven immediately you begot a b@stard? lol you see why i despise African mentality, you advocate no sex before marriage while you have a fruit of your own misdemeanor by the corner, now lets look at it this way;
How about you got enough sex education before you got involved? how about you knew about protection before you got involved?
Is it not obvious you have formed an opinion based on the horrible experience of your past? not necessarily because you love God?

about the guy who quote your post up there but seems to need something to tell her 18yr old daughter, take her to a pathology clinic where she will see AIDS patients first hand if possible witness their demise, teach her sex education, she will form a better opinion in life not some clap trap losers who started opening legs while thinking gold circle is a balloon.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
salt1:

I wish you luck

Now this is personal grin grin grin grin
what if the OP is married but just having fun online, will you confess this sin and ask God for forgiveness for you have lied greatly against her?
Know ye! that if your sin remaineth with thee, this lie can get you to hell faster than fornication/adultery you spent years avoiding.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
aflyingbird:
tnx. yea i know i'm not responsible for his cheating, can't blame myself for his actions. i know i didn't deserve what he did 2 me. he himself told me i'm a good person. it just hurts bcuz i thought he wud be the last person on earth to ever hurt me n kinda made me feel i wasn't good enuff for him dat he had to go after anoda chick. when we were together, after a while i started getting weird feelings like maybe this guy isn't the right guy for me afterall but i brushed it off n thought our relationship was still new, give it time. n i felt were weren't connecting emotionally like i wanted so i talked to him, told him how we could work together n connect more. when he confessed he said the reason i felt those things was cuz he was seeing someone else so he couldn't always be present with me. it hurts a whole lot, felt betrayed, deceived, everything cry cry cry. i will be listening 2 my instincts a lot more now n gotta be careful with trusting men too n thinking a man will b faithful to me cry cry. i now know no one is above being cheated on. if bill clinton can cheat on hilary, arnold schwarzenegger can cheat on maria, u know.. any man can do it, no matter how good n faithful a woman is to them

Ok guys you have heard it, no more free sex for you guys, see them in marriage, grin grin grin
mehn! dats to promote from fornication to adultery ASAP grin grin where are dem bachelors? the battle line is drawn!!!
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
jpphilips:

Targeting heaven immediately you begot a b@stard? lol you see why i despise African mentality, you advocate no sex before marriage while you have a fruit of your own misdemeanor by the corner, now lets look at it this way;
How about you got enough sex education before you got involved? how about you knew about protection before you got involved?
Is it not obvious you have formed an opinion based on the horrible experience of your past? not necessarily because you love God?

about the guy who quote your post up there but seems to need something to tell her 18yr old daughter, take her to a pathology clinic where she will see AIDS patients first hand if possible witness their demise, teach her sex education, she will form a better opinion in life not some clap trap losers who started opening legs while thinking gold circle is a balloon.
choiiii,,,who be this one now?wetin person no go see for all this learners...duh...
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by jpphilips(m): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
teeowl: Sweetlemon: from your post... I can see that you are no longer in the fantasy and religious bubble that so many girls/ladies are still in... you are now at the stage of awareness. And so many people are going to argue and condemn you because they are still in the clouds.

to believe that some criminals really want to trade marriage for virginity is what makes me sick, most men who married those ugly virgins are on the street today, when you are not there, you will never know, a 27yr old ugly virgin is a mere trophy for a man who have misplaced his priorities aka virgin hunters.

for the virginity keepers, I don't care why you are keeping it, whether for fear of STI or the bible or for Fear of God or to borrow Satan on the last day, based on the realities of the Nigerian society, while keeping that virginity kindly add the following to the keep list;

Get a very sound education that has good job prospects, or you have a good job already
Ensure your father didn't leave 100sibblings at home waiting for an unfortunate (Ogo bu chi onye) to continue from where he failed.
Ensure your family has a good reputation not one who is a renowned community nuisance.
Ensure you are not a midget
Ensure you can apply logic and common sense where necessary at least to attract a man who is intelligent
Ensure your loyalty is not in doubt.
Ensure you are still within the palatable age bracket (not some old cargo with diminishing returns)
Ensure you are a good home maker
Ensure you dont lie
Ensure you are nice looking.
Ensure you have very good communication skills

By the time you fulfill the ensure list, you wont remember whether or not you are a virgin.

The truth is; Virginity became unpopular because of the realistic Nigerian environment, we have terrorists now (abi boko haram no dey bomb virgin?), we have corruption everywhere, Ebola just arrived and you guys are still talking about virginity? I tire for una!!

Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Very true jpphilips: there are so many girls that are virgins simply because they are unattractive and that's all, they still have a bunch of negative issues that a man would still have to deal with if he wants to have a relationship or marry them!

jpphilips:

to believe that some criminals really want to trade marriage for virginity is what makes me sick, most men who married those ugly virgins are on the street today, when you are not there, you will never know, a 27yr old ugly virgin is a mere trophy for a man who have misplaced his priorities aka virgin hunters.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by Mikkie31(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
jpphilips:

I will understand if you caught HIV during your sexcapades of immoralities like you put it to form this opinion.
Do you really need God to tell you to flee from fornication? what about science that told you of HIV, Staph, Gono, syphilis, herpes etc, have you listened to it?
All you religious people who give the impression that religion is the custodian of morality are deluded, Common sense and God given conscience is the custodian of morality.
its like u read my post upside down cos only that explains the reason why you could have missed my point there. I think every honest man with a common sense would understand the point i was driving at. And mister,i think you should re-read what we have both posted and find a way to convince yourself that you really understand. AND OF COURSE I MEAN NO OFFENCE.
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by nellyelitz(m): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
banega: Very educating piece Op, buh what in God's earth is toto ? undecided ah think that word is inappropriate,. If you ask mee• • •
dull babe,toto is to raise to the power 2 or to*to=toto...shikena! grin cheesy
Re: Myths About Men, Sex, And Marriage by nellyelitz(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
If u can wait for s*x after marriage still good for you,but me and my household knows that me i go must taste am o. To be frank with u guys i consider s*x to be 40% value added ingredient in a good relationship. That's why i no fit go out with me church member.

Disclaimer: this view and the stats are totally mine o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breakup: What Was Your Ex's Excuse? / Pre-wedding Photos Of Nigerian Man And His White Bride. Set To Wed In Finland / Some Silly Ways Guys Act When A Lady Turns Them Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.