Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? (24208 Views)

North, South, East Or West, Which Region Holds Real Hip Hop Down In Naija? / P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award / Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by KingRaoul: 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Why will real hip hop sell when the listeners (fans) dont even understand proper english language, they would not get all the english vocabaries ur spitting out but would rather listen to broken / yoruba noise that the likes of olamide keep spitting out. U cant blame the listeners tho, if u dont understand a thing how are u to take it serious.....if u want to blow u better come down to their level and spit jagons that they can easily relate with else u go just dey make music for urself and 3 or 4 people in the whole naija that understand ur vocabularies.

3 Likes

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Anacksunamun: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx: I don't think I've actually heard about any naij rapper that can actually rap, to be honest.

The M.I guy is garbage.

So, this topic is confusing since "real hip-hop/rap" never existed in naij, based on the tunes I have heard.

You can't compare M.I to the level of Cannibus, God Son (Nas) etc.,but when it comes to Nigerian Level, the dude is good, though he's faded.

I posted some lyrics from his mixtape where he remixed Lil Wayne's "6foot" with Phenom, check out the lyrics. He's tight on that track. Though M.I has faded though since he started getting cheddah from huge coys.

But never listen to Ice prince's raps before your ears get filled with pus from his tacky crap called rap.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by BRAV0O(m): 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

Yes bro...its all based on the environment...we're refering to Naija here...Whats ur sales statistics like when u make dat comparison in Naija? remember dat the OP is worried about it's extinction in NAIJA...R u saying that real rap & hiphop sells better than gibberish here in Naija? If i'd quote u, u said.. "good rap music still sells any tym any day, is not just easy to find one this days!"[....why?? cos they dont sell....simple...not cos they lack quality....they just lack adequate sustainable fans... Fans= popularity and Popularity = Sales.

Im sure u wont have said They are hard to find if they make as much as u say they do...
did you just say " They just lack adequate sustainable fans "? My lady! Nigerians dnt buy those gibberish songs you ar talking of! How many of terry g or kCee album do u have in ous? Tell me " yes we'll dance to it cus its everywhere... Even many of church choirs BLeaders tune them to gospel just to move crowd, quote if I'm wrong , we'll know those stuff make no sense so we can only dance to it any time any day but as long as real rap music waves the market always once a life time its fans are always on standby! Its fans are still there , they ar not going any where.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by musicwriter(m): 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

Yes bro...its all based on the environment...we're refering to Naija here...Whats ur sales statistics like when u make dat comparison in Naija? remember dat the OP is worried about it's extinction in NAIJA...R u saying that real rap & hiphop sells better than gibberish here in Naija? If i'd quote u, u said.. "good rap music still sells any tym any day, is not just easy to find one this days!"[....why?? cos they dont sell....simple...not cos they lack quality....they just lack adequate sustainable fans... Fans= popularity and Popularity = Sales.

Im sure u wont have said They are hard to find if they make as much as u say they do...

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to make him understand the reason good rap music cannot sell. Because the radio stations and TVs don't pay attention to them. If the radio stations put the same amount of air play they do playing azonto then Nigerian raps will sell. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
anago18:

fam go get some dose of modenine, pheriouz, 6 foot plus, overdose and maybe vector sha.

Heard mod9 on the BET Cypher, and he killed it. I honestly don't know the rest apart from the Vector guy, and he's garbage.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
Jregz:
lol………Why hating on them ? they got some good tunes....Future has "Honest","Real and True","I won"

Migos has changed hip-hop with their crazy flows, "The Migos Flow" or better Still Quavo's flow (Triplets),I mean Quavo's got a unique way of jumping on any track... i agree quavo isn't great with lyrics but Offset's got his back there...
I know y'all gon' say Guys from 3'6 Mafia invented the flow (or even Gucci mane) but none of them used it that long and it became irrelevant (just lil section of the songs but Migos,Hella No ,conquering the world since 2012... lol)......A whole lot of rappers having the Migos (quavo) flow on their sounds-drake,future, J.cole,Meek mill even kanye....

they are good artistes quite alright. We just don't categorize them as rappers
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1:

First off, Boy you needs to chill the fhuck out! You aint aint a Gangster like that.. grin

Rap is indeed Poetry sang over beats.. But for the purpose of communication, we chose to refer to them as Rap versus Poetry (written) and the dude with whom I was chatting clearly understood that.

Now I prefer 'Poems' to Rap cos like I said, the areas covered are way more vast than Rap.

Stop peddling this ignorance. What are the areas covered by conventional poetry that there are no raps about?

From ancient history(Nas/Immortal technique/etc) to Social Issues(Nas/Pac/Common/etc) to Comedy(Tyler the creator/eminem) to Horror(Hopsin/etc) to Science(Jay Eletronica), hip-hop covers a very diverse range of subjects.

Cos I have no energy to really go into this with you, I will just leave it simple, nas who sang One Mic on the very same Album has "Got yourself a Gun'.. grin 2 Pac who sang 'mam dont Cry' also sang the song to Biggie where he was talking about 'Fhucking his biitch'. grin Eminem with 'Toy Soldiers' also sang 'Kill You'. Point is, almost all the people who went on to speak against the violent aspect of Rap all have songs promoting violence and 'thuggery'. Now I can relate to some of the things they say cos I have been fortunate to see their society, but this thread was talking about Nigerian hip-hop and I was responding to the dude who sai if we copied rap, then we should keep it original instead of adapting it to suit our own local struggles.

Stop trying to shift the goal posts. This was the statement you made:
Rap on the other hand is limited in scope of topics covered. I am yet to hear any Rap that talks about the sufferings of the Girl Child, But I have heard my mian Nigga tell his Girls Biitches to pull their panties to the side and work his diick like a lollipop... grin

And my response was to give you a limited catalogue of songs that infact deal with the said subject matter. Whether or not the rappers I listed have released gangster songs was not in contention. You never heard of songs talking of the suffering of the girl child? Well now you do.
My Education is a daily hussle.. You on the other hand need to get off your high horse and understand before you attack.. Just cos you think a certain genre of Hip-Hop is the 'reallest' dont mean shiit.. Geddit!

We all aint Gun-carrying Gangsters.. Some of us just want to get High, party and fhuck..

I never explicitly or implicitly said any genre of hip hop was the 'realest' so if you feel I was talking down at you, you must have esteem issues.

Your entire argument was predicated on the the ideas that hip hop has a limited subject matter(Which I have proven to be untrue), that you had never heard songs discussing societal ills(Which I have provided), and that you've heard more of gangsta rap(And I have pointed out to you that there are far more genres of rap that you may have realized)

Real Hip Hop lives!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
they are good artistes quite alright. We just don't categorize them as rappers
Lol....bro u funny o
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by TyTymer(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx: Can someone please name all decent naij rappers?

I dunno man, the ones I've listened to don't even know what a 16 is...they don't use metaphors and similes...all they do is rhyme. And perhaps in M.I's case throw some vocabs in there. That's about it. Rap isn't just about rhyming. grin

I believe they all need to go study "The Art of Rap" and get back to the basics.
This is not a fair judgment.

Look at the naija rap scene from a broader perspective. I think those who rap in their native tongues employ the tools of oration perculiar to their various languages.

Rap is basically street art. The rap scene in naija is deviating from that tendency to copy American rap and is moving towards a more acceptable form that identifies with the local audience. I believe this is a good thing.

As long as they copy and fawn over American rap, they'll never be good enough.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by DahtDopeBoi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
BRAV0O: they just can't do it , daz all! Some tyms if I watch many S/A stuff i'll just smh for nigeria hip hop artist!
Well, shoutout to those keeping it real in the industry #Jargo
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
craziebone: @Nihilist you should have told hi to listen to Damian Marly ft Nas's "Patience" if he were looking for intellectual content. Infact, i have never heard such intellect in RnB, or any other kind of mainstream music @Mad Cow likes!

He talked about gender. But the truth is Rap is the only kind of music (to the best of my knowledge) that has addressed gender issues more than any mainstream music. Rap has not only addressed girls issues, it has also addressed Boys issues too - the only music to have done that. Bone Thugs' "Not My Baby" readily comes to mind here.

First of all, let me start off with you by saying bone Thugs n Harmony which your user I.d is based on one of the characters that make up the group is one other artist whose discography I own. And even you must admit that their music isn't appealing to all groups.

And if you followed my posts, you would notice that what I am against is what most of the so called real hip hop heads are defining as real rap. Like one of the dudes who are at me rightly said, gangsta rap is just one of the sub genres of Rap. So how does one place one subset above the other. I consider myself a versatile music lover. Most of the artistes you guys categorise as real rap, I like so also those you guys classify as not real rap.

All I am saying is what you like does not define realness or fake. Different songs appeal to different people.

2 Likes

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by anago18(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

Heard mod9 on the BET Cypher, and he killed it. I honestly don't know the rest apart from the Vector guy, and he's garbage.

that why I said vector sha modey gat a new joint upside down featuring nnena. but a dose of elbow room by modenine will do wonders too. have you seen the book Jewish conspiracy ??.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Creamish(f): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
BRAV0O: did you just say " They just lack adequate sustainable fans "? My lady! Nigerians dnt buy those gibberish songs you ar talking of! How many of terry g or kCee album do u have in ous? Tell me " yes we'll dance to it cus its everywhere... Even many of church choirs BLeaders tune them to gospel just to move crowd, quote if I'm wrong , we'll know those stuff make no sense so we can only dance to it any time any day but as long as real rap music waves the market always once a life time its fans are always on standby! Its fans are still there , they ar not going any where.

No matter what happens, Die-hard fans remain loyal. TRUE. But trust me, whatever is Luvd and wanted by the majority would not be termed as EXTINCT... U rily dont need to sweat ur argument about sth that is "everywhere"...cos its actually EVERYWHERE... With this gibberish trend, i fear our generation will be the last Hiphop fans there will be....cos the younger ones are being exposed to d likes of Timaya...

Like i said...im not disputing the quality of good rap...Im just saying its going extinct cos its not getting the required airplay it shuld to keep it fresh on the memories of the majority....especially on the minds on the younger generation who will be tasked to continue the trend..
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Anacksunamun:
You can't compare M.I to the level of Cannibus, God Son (Nas) etc.,but when it comes to Nigerian Level, the dude is good, though he's faded.

I posted some lyrics from his mixtape where he remixed Lil Wayne's "6foot" with Phenom, check out the lyrics. He's tight on that track. Though M.I has faded though since he started getting cheddah from huge coys.

But never listen to Ice prince's raps before your ears get filled with pus from his tacky crap called rap.

I was just alluding to the guy most naij folks call the best in naij. And after listening to the guy, I was disappointed. He's pure garbage - I rap better than that guy, and I'm not even a rapper. grin I think the only tune I think he was decent on was the one on SAS(Eurogang) mixtape, called "hustle." At least, he did a little bit of storytelling in that one.

Ice Prince is rubbish. grin Didn't that guy say, "my bars are like fish" on the BET Cypher? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1:

M.I?!

The last good thing to come out of M.I was his second Mix tape.. That Nigga don fell off as well. angry

he might have fallen off,but after modenine, m.i is next on the list. Illegal music was a classic
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
PHfinest: What are you insinuating? Or are you one of these people that dont appreciate the work Phyno, Olamide, Brymo, MI and co are doing?
Rap is the pure way to express yourselph using the language and means best suitable to you, while rhyming with the beat.

I wish you wake up from your slumber, Naija rap artists are leading the game now...

lol..phyno,Olamide ? leading the game, take several seats bro.....Those dudes whack esp. Olamide

Talk bout rap in 9ja,u mention j.jagz,Mode9,M.I .....Olamide = Noise

1 Like

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nihilist:

Stop peddling this ignorance. What are the areas covered by conventional poetry that there are no raps about?

From ancient history(Nas/Immortal technique/etc) to Social Issues(Nas/Pac/Common/etc) to Comedy(Tyler the creator/eminem) to Horror(Hopsin/etc) to Science(Jay Eletronica), hip-hop covers a very diverse range of subjects.

Stop trying to shift the goal posts. This was the statement you made:

And my response was to give you a limited catalogue of songs that infact deal with the said subject matter. Whether or not the rappers I listed have released gangster songs was not in contention. You never heard of songs talking of the suffering of the girl child? Well now you do.

I never explicitly or implicitly said any genre of hip hop was the 'realest' so if you feel I was talking down at you, you must have esteem issues.

Your entire argument was predicated on the the ideas that hip hop has a limited subject matter(Which I have proven to be untrue), that you had never heard songs discussing societal ills(Which I have provided), and that you've heard more of gangsta rap(And I have pointed out to you that there are far more genres of rap that you may have realized)

Real Hip Hop lives!!!

Now this ish is just going everywhere.

Nice punchlines though, I love your wordplay in your response.

I feel rap as we know it is limited in scope of topics covered. Written poetry to me is broader in content. We can agree to disagree on this.

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by musicwriter(m): 12:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

No matter what happens, Die-hard fans remain loyal. TRUE. But trust me, whatever is Luvd and wanted by the majority would not be termed as EXTINCT... U rily dont need to sweat ur argument about sth that is "everywhere"...cos its actually EVERYWHERE... With this gibberish trend, i fear our generation will be the last Hiphop fans there will be....cos the younger ones are being exposed to d likes of Timaya...

Like i said...im not disputing the quality of good rap...Im just saying its going extinct cos its not getting the required airplay it shuld to keep it fresh on the memories of the majority.

My sister/brother. You're one of the few people here that understand the science of this things.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Creamish(f): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1:

First of all, let me start off with you by saying bone Thugs n Harmony which your user I.d is based on one of the characters that make up the group is one other artist whose discography I own. And even you must admit that their music isn't appealing to all groups.

And if you followed my posts, you would notice that what I am against is what most of the so called real hip hop heads are defining as real rap. Like one of the dudes who are at me rightly said, gangsta rap is just one of the sub genres of Rap. So how does one place one subset above the other. I consider myself a versatile music lover. Most of the artistes you guys categorise as real rap, I like so also those you guys classify as not real rap.

All I am saying is what you like does not define realness or fake. Different songs appeal to different people.

Point.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
njokusboy: Same old overflogged, baseless argument.... The truth is as simple as ABC, NOT EVERYBODY IS INTERESTED IN CRACKING METAPHORS OR LISTENING TO PUNCHLINES.... Its the same way everyone aint interested in poetry... The animosity here is due to the fact that the makers and listeners of this genre of music are not willing to accept that other people do not share same interest.... Nd what is real rap/hip-hop, music is an art and real is relative.... I do not care what mode nine has to say, if I want words of wisdom, I'd pick a book... I can't just waste my time listening to a 10-20 track CD, with similar boring tune, drab choruses and verses with "words of wisdom"... I might just as well pick up a poem book.... Truth is, most of this artistes are not versatile, they don't go commercial because they cannot go commercial, its not because they don't want to... Let's face it, mode9 cannot sing to save his life... Versatile people like eminem, kendrick, nd MI (when he did safe, not now), have made nice tunes with sweet choruses whilst making sense at the same time.... The world is not static, change is a constant, one must adapt... Mode9 and the others may be more lyrical, but phyno, olamide etc are better musicians....
it's obvious that you're a re.tard. We are not asking for the better musicians,we are talking about hip hop! All these dumb indomie generation kids
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Creamish(f): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
musicwriter:

My sister/brother. You're one of the few people here that understand the science of this things.

lolz...na SISTER oo...d "F" no b joke.. grin
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by MadCow1: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
ERTHAENIGMA:
he might have fallen off,but after modenine, m.i is next on the list. Illegal music was a classic

My post agrees with yours.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nihilist: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

I was just alluding to the guy most naij folks call the best in naij. And after listening to the guy, I was disappointed. He's pure garbage - I rap better than that guy, and I'm not even a rapper. grin I think the only tune I think he was decent on was the one on SAS(Eurogang) mixtape, called "hustle." At least, he did a little bit of storytelling in that one.

Ice Prince is rubbish. grin Didn't that guy say, "my bars are like fish" on the BET Cypher? grin

To be fair, the subject matter and the target audience require a different genre of hiphop.

I personally dont believe a born and bred in Naija man can do american style hiphop authentically just as Krept and Konan sound fake on that 'Dont waste my time' quasi-trap tune.

Which is why I dont rate Mode9, because the enabling factors and societal environment that birthed american style rap is not the story of Nigeria, and mode9 is as much a real rapper as Wizkid is an Opera tenor
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
TyTymer:
This is not a fair judgment.

Look at the naija rap scene from a broader perspective. I think those who rap in their native tongues employ the tools of oration perculiar to their various languages.

Rap is basically street art. The rap scene in naija is deviating from that tendency to copy American rap and is moving towards a more acceptable form that identifies with the local audience. I believe this is good thing.

As long as they copy and fawn over American rap, they'll never be good enough.

I disagree with the bold. Hip-hop is universal now, and the culture in its purest form isn't even an American thing anymore, it has moved to other parts of the world. Just as New York is the home and mecca of hip-hop, but the best rappers today aren't even from New York. That's the beauty of the culture. We can also look at the 80s - and check how Slick Rick and Monie love were able to thrive in American hip-hop scene despite being from London.

I believe naij rappers need to go learn the basics, and improve on their art.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by musicwriter(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

lolz...na SISTER oo...d "F" no b joke.. grin

Ok, noted.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
anago18:

that why I said vector sha modey gat a new joint upside down featuring nnena. but a dose of elbow room by modenine will do wonders too. have you seen the book Jewish conspiracy ??.

Throw some mode9 videos on the thread.
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by TyTymer(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

Point...i guess therez a thin line rily btw Thrash & Street Credibility..
I agree. A very fine line.

You remember the era of Tony Tetuila, Eedris and Eddy remedies, etc? I didn't enjoy their music but they were popular and they sold. I guess Naija loves unorganized music. Just give us rhythm that reflects the chaos in our society and you're good to go. grin grin
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by BRAV0O(m): 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

Like i said...im not disputing the quality of good rap...Im just saying its going extinct cos its not getting the required airplay it shuld to keep it fresh on the memories of the majority....especially on the minds on the younger generation who will be tasked to continue the trend..
my dear history always repeat itself...
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
symbian03:

Remove 2PAC from that list before I punch you. 2PAC - best rapper who ever came to this world. In fact, anything besides 2pac and biggie na wack
2pac is not the best rapper that ever came to this world. Stop being re.tarded
np- bigg juss- Black mamba serum
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by BRAV0O(m): 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
musicwriter:

You're arguing from the perspective of a music fan so you wouldn't understand it. See you later.
Good luck!
Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by iceberylin(m): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Anacksunamun:

You just made me soo pill my tea. grin. Phenom even spit "if Hip Hop is dead, there's an ATMOSPHERE FOR MIRACLE"

In short, lemme bring up some M.I verse on that song. Here you go:

I’m killing everything I’m on, I guess I’m suicidal
While I rock from Lag to Murci, call it a Murcielago
I’m tryna find competition, like it’s gone missing
Luke, Mark my words, I’m not the John you piss on
Illegal Music, Nigger gotta speak with conviction
Haters see me and get wound because they’re dying to cheer
I swear the game is ’bout advantage men, if I ain’t appear
It’s like ma money grow on trees and I ain’t tryna share
Most of these niggers and success have a dying affair
And when I’m talking ’bout PJs men, I’m flying Alair
They didn’t use to send M but now, it’s like they texting and pressing
The rest got him bored, like a guest dinner
Tickle the Clint, I put my Eastwood in her Westend
And North side headed for my Southpole
Mouth all over till a max hole
I’m just chilling making millions, getting different numbers thrown at me, like a dice roll
When I’m in the club, I handle bars like a bicycle
Niggers tryna simulate my flyness, They in flight school
These niggers of mine, so wanna fail, I’m a maestro

Can anyone show me a verse of Ice Prince with such nice lyricism? Just one song!! M.I verse on that song is loaded with enough bullets to end Ice Prince's career.

Here's some of Phenom's own:

I know you’re broke but please Pay attention
So old in this game, I should be paper paid in pension
I go harder than eréction
I bring rappers depression
I’m spitting on bars like pregnant chicks during detention
And I ma make it rain, fùck the global recession
I’m not saying I’m the best, but who else brings perfection
I’m the right answer to a pop in a question
And, you are just a pain in the butt, like injection
Edo boy with the Las Gidi attitude
I stack dolls in line and i ain’t talking barbie queue
Babalawo flow, Things are ’bout to go spiritual
Hip-Hop was dead but here’s an atmosphere for miracle
Rappers looking edible, I’m a lyrical cannibal
It’s dinner time and I’m dining with the Incredible, Mister
We topping the lista
O Boy, if you dey hate, jump out the window, I ain’t talking Vista
Flows is an ad to let you know that I’m a don, I’m just wondering o…
Running Gidi O
Spitting Ili flow with ma Ili bro
Make da green like the CEO
In the dark, you gon’ see me glow
Rappers get Lost like TV Show
For reali O, I’m illi bro
I’ll never Back Down ‘cos I am not a fan of Gidigbo
I’m on the throne baby, you just a Prom King
Like Michael Jackson, you’re fùcking with the wrong kid
So better lean back, and watch your nigger stay fat
Phenomous phobia, I leave rappers with the stage fright
Skinny jeans donned but ma pockets stay fat
By June next year, I’ll be tryna get my Maybach
T-square rappers, They got me so board
I got a chick’s CV from a blów job
Just read impecabble lyrics!! There's NO ice prince's songs with a quarter of such wordplays and metaphors as found in this song 6foot rmx by M.I and Phenom

It's a shame that BET called up Ice Prince to represent us. Anyone that calls Ice Prince a rapper, is a deadbeat ignoramus to sane rapheads!!

T-square rappers, They got me so board - Phenom cool
Bro phenom is actually among the top 5 rappers...
Imagine the lines he made... ooh Gawd ,after listening to phenom rap i had to Google search the dude. My Mb wasn't a waste...
It waS actually funny when Bet choose Iceprince..
Maybe they were mocking naija
LISTENED TO CAN I TALK.
Gosh Joel ortiz was even better..trust M.i he still murdered it with flows like...
"I am the Genesis of Rapping, we began the Exodus now we making it happen..still doing my numbers ".....check out my signature, thats Mi's handwork...
Remember.. "Am not saying am the best but whoelse brings perfection "
That's one of the best rap lines ever.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
iceberylin:
one million likes for u bro...
just when i taught i was alone...
listening to phenom ft Mi 6foot..
noticed that phenom killed it with awesome punchlines...
tho Mi abaga was suberp also..
check out shot on shots by iceprince
was just shouting...
phenom killed 6ft 7ft? Lol. Indomie generation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Top Gospel Songs That Should Top Your Playlist This Yuletide / Tina Turner Overtakes Fela In Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Vote. / Download Old And Fresh Nigeria Songs All For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.