Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! (23956 Views)

10 Christmas Traditions From Nigeria And Other Parts Of The World / Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless / Eyonigger Is A Useless Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Meddler(f): 12:14am On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You contradict yourself my dear. First you were naive on your arrival at the airport leaving your luggage with a stranger and now you had recurring nightmares before you finally got back to Naija. What now?

Nne how is that contradicting. Yes before I relocated I had nightmares about Nigeria based on what I read and heard about Nigeria but when I was finally on ground I saw things the way they were.
The nightmares were in my head and were based on an unfounded fears I had based on what I read or heard about Nigeria. I saw that things were much different that I assumed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 10, 2014
Arsenate: babymama and the other white man slaves are here ranting. I'll just find one place for corner and watch them vent their frustrations. I really do enjoy this....

Correction
Babymama1
I am a titled woman,take note

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by red101(f): 12:15am On Jul 10, 2014
I wouldn't call Nigeria useless because where there is God,there is hope. But your stories are on point. Nigeria has a long ways to go. Pay no mind to the people who are criticizing you or calling you unpatriotic because like you said, "you need to be away from Nigeria to see it."

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2014
red101: I wouldn't call Nigeria useless because where there is God,there is hope. But your stories are on point. Nigeria has a long ways to go. Pay no mind to the people who are criticizing you or calling you unpatriotic because like you said, "you need to be away from Nigeria to see it."

I tell you

Anyway make I go eat suya

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Meddler:

Nne how is that contradicting. Yes before I relocated I had nightmares about Nigeria based on what I read and heard about Nigeria but when I was finally on ground I saw things the way they were.
The nightmares were in my head and were based on an unfounded fears I had based on what I read or heard about Nigeria. I saw that things were much different that I assumed.

And despite your RECURRING NIGHTMARES when you finally set foot on Naija's soil, you discovered honesty in the cab driver's beautiful eyes and realized spot on that he can be trusted and that not everything is lost?

Anyway, I doubt the authenticity of your contribution to this thread but there is no need explaining yourself any further.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Godson201333(m): 12:18am On Jul 10, 2014
How many places have some of you out here been to self....Only America and only one state ?
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Meddler(f): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Did you read that from me?
What eventually became of the DC sniper and his accomplice
Tell the readers how it ended and how the ones in Nigeria end
If anything I have written is false please point it out
Don't ask questions regarding claims I didn't make

I never said anything you said was false. The DC sniper was apprehended after killing a number of people. But I'm trying to point out is that crime exists every where the problem is the way its handled. U make it sound like America is the safest place on earth and there is zero crime. Yes, the ones in Nigeria are never investigated and no one is brought to justice. But dead is still dead anyway you look at it.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by coogar: 12:23am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1: Someone tell me one thing that works in Nigeria
What is the one thing you can boast of about Nigeria
Waiting

•family planning
•GSM
•witchcraft

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Correction
Babymama1
I am a titled woman,take note
chai! Lol!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Meddler(f): 12:31am On Jul 10, 2014
coogar:

•family planning
•GSM
•witchcraft

Hahahhahahahahaha. I don't think witchcraft is that effective anymore hehehehehehe

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by LaurelP(m): 12:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Ok

I don't care abt whatever it is u enjoy in America, I don't care whether d streets are paved with gold, I don't care whether Obama serves u tea every morning
For u to come here and open a thread just to smear d image of ur country, its unwise of you.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Meddler(f): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And despite your RECURRING NIGHTMARES when you finally set foot on Naija's soil, you discovered honesty in the cab driver's beautiful eyes and realized spot on that he can be trusted and that not everything is lost?

Anyway, I doubt the authenticity of your contribution to this thread but there is no need explaining yourself any further.

Never asked you to evaluate the authenticity of my contribution. You have your perspective, I have mine. End of story.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by decode55(m): 12:49am On Jul 10, 2014
LaurelP:

I don't care abt whatever it is u enjoy in America, I don't care whether d streets are paved with gold, I don't care whether Obama serves u tea every morning
For u to come here and open a thread just to smear d image of ur country, its unwise of you.

what image exactly?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 10, 2014
decode55:
what image exactly?

Even poo poo get image

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 10, 2014
LaurelP:

grin
Shoot me
What image do you have to protect
The whole world is talking about your girls kidnapped in their hundreds and I am spoiling your image

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by decode55(m): 12:56am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Even poo poo get image

LoL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by jiniux(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Martin Luther King was on the street of America confronting the government , he was not a faceless coward keyboard warrior calling his country useless to cause an eternal change. Bastards claiming sophistication. Go check their parents or relations were parts of the looters. Vengeance will catch up with you all and your lineage.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Djdamian(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2014
If Aliyu dangote had dis notion about Nigeria like d way babymama den,i don't think he will become d way he is now......tink positive,its a catalyst for change
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by DBestDoc(f): 1:37am On Jul 10, 2014
LaurelP:

Are you for real?
You think Nigeria has anymore image to save?
I don't even want to start pouring out my unpleasant experience 'bout being a Nigerian.

Some of us really don't understand the magnitude of embarrassment Peeps face 'cause of Nigeria. I practically have to argue every now and then with my colleagues from other parts of the world just to defend the country and save face, even though i know right in my heart that my dear country is scr..ewed .

It got to a point that i almost got physical with a colleague from Tanzania 'cause he said Nigeria is a useless country and all Nigerians are stupid after he watched a Boko Haram massacre video(i refused to say anything to him because as far as i was concerned, he wasn't directing his statement to me. He still wasn't satisfied, he walked up to me knowing i'm Nigerian and said it to my face in full anger like say i be shareholder for Boko haram Business ..then the drama started, people garther for us na cos me i no fit let person chuk hand for my eye because i be Nigerian)
I was pissed 'cause the insult was just too much and coming from a Tanzanian of all people added salt to injury.

People have zero respect for Nigera, or how do you explain a Nigerian going to bribe a Namibian colleague of mine for a Namibian passport? Like seriously Namibian passport.... angry angry , ofcourse this particular incident was brought up in the arguement and i had no intelligent defence to make.

It's a pity!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1: Someone tell me one thing that works in Nigeria
What is the one thing you can boast of about Nigeria
Waiting
MTN, etisalat, nairaland
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by DBestDoc(f): 1:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

grin
Shoot me
What image do you have to protect
The whole world is talking about your girls kidnapped in their hundreds and I am spoiling your image

My Sister, some people are comfortable with the rot in the Nigerian system, living in self denial all in the name of being patriotic.

I wish them the best sha!

All i do is to try and be very good at what i do as a Nigerian. With that, i earn myself a little respect.

If better pipu dey talk even Namibians and Botswanans wey dere population no reach 3million dey follow yab Nigeria. That's to tell us how bad things have gotten

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by RANDY1: 1:59am On Jul 10, 2014

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by PenSniper: 2:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Illuminatus: This is an idea only you have. Nigeria isn't useless. Yeah, some Nigerians are useless, but that doesn't make the country useless. Nigeria is quite useful. We know it, the West knows it, and even you know it (if you didn't know that, know it now).

You are very WRONG. Nigeria is USELESS. I dont have to be outside to see or know it. Call a spade a spade.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by dahfweshdude69: 2:20am On Jul 10, 2014
useless country... nothing seems to work in Nigeria.. stupid leaders.. mumu followers.. we know the right thing to do..but we won't just do it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by kelechiMarie(f): 3:02am On Jul 10, 2014
yes all the op wrote might be true but i refuse to give up on my country.The country i am running to was not always developed,not always beautiful,it took the intervention of some patriotic nationalists who had endless loyalty and belief in their country to turn things around.Things are not going to change if we keep on ranting online,I've always said be the change you want to see,the average Nigerian complains endlessly but makes no move for change.Babymama1 ,despite the fact that most of the things said above are quite true i'll never use the word useless and my country in the same sentence,it's the only one i've got and i bet people from other countries also have bad stuff to say about their country.Finally A POSITIVE,HONEST AND CORRUPTION FREE NIGERIAN GENERATION IS POSSIBLE IT BEGINS WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by kelechiMarie(f): 3:07am On Jul 10, 2014
it's past three in the morning ,bleary eyed,typing ,i gotta read sorry i'm ranting but all i can think of is that i'm going to have bags under my eyes in my passport
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by armyofone(m): 3:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Looking back, i can only shake my head. How can a driver soak/gulp down bottles of beer or kain kain before doing long distance drives? Oh Jesus, biko safe your children.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 10, 2014
coogar:

•family planning
•GSM
•witchcraft

Lol
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by ghananotnaija(m): 3:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Ghanaian here. Can confirm.

Ghana is a light unto Africa!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by timifakay(m): 4:29am On Jul 10, 2014
First i have never been out of Nigeria, but i know i have seen too many ills to last ten (10) life times.
Do most people talking about crimes like shooting spree realise that if in Nigeria majority of those shot won't have lived to that age? (malaria, thyphoid, yellow fever, diarrhea, cholera, malnutrition,road accident, fire accident, building collapse, flood are a few preventable things that cut lives short)
Polio has been cured since God knows when, it only occurs in less than 10 countries, of which Nigeria is one.
Our sense of reasoning is so warped, to the extent 90% of crimes appear as normal day to day activities to the average Nigerian.
It impossible to live in this country for 6 months without seeing a corpse spending atleast 2 days by the road, you can't travel 50km without seeing an accident that occured within the last week.
Novalgene (a strong pain killer has been banned since 2004) yet you can still get it over the counter in lots of medicine stores.
Everyone knows atleast five unemployed graduates and countless under employed graduates.
Our mindset is so corrupt the average youth uses silly, annoying, unreadable fonts on their mobile and yet expect to be taken serious. Getting a new accessory to project a rich image is more important than getting an income to most youths.

Here is something i once heard. “Anyone who runs a home successfully is good emough to be a state governor because he needs every ministry in his home“
Ministry of power- generator
water works- well or bore hole with pumping machine
education- lesson teacher
armed forces- mai guard, vigilante, african insurance...
The whole system is corrupt, myself inclusive.
The average Naija person doesn't see anything wrong with all i have said, and yet says he is about the change the nation.
We do not even know what needs changing.
Will continue later as my phone's battery is low... we all know why...

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by RANDY1: 4:52am On Jul 10, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Roland17(m): 4:57am On Jul 10, 2014
From the popular music, my father reminded me even before I left my comfort zone (Lagos) to school miles away from them in my home state (Owerri) with this words "aye e no be say I no get house, landlord travel and see" not to talk of when I decided to move to states, he sang it over and over again to my hearing..

Nigerians resident in Nigeria are sooo fond of being patriotic blindfolded, you guys barely understand what it means to defend a norotrious nation like Nigeria amongst other nationals in a foreign land, Nigeria is dead beat backwards in every category you place it compared to other developing nations worth more the power blocks and it's not because we don't love our dear nation, far from it, we are even more passionate than most are but the difference is this we have witnessed an entirely different perspective to what a functioning society truly means and entails, what paying taxes and enjoying the dividends of what you are paying for, where you enjoy a sense of belonging from a responsible government whose residents understands government might never be perfect or far from the politics of corruption and embezzlement but does not shelve it's primary and core responsibilities of caring, protecting and providing for its citizens.

I come from a very humble background where hard work, courage, commitment and family are the hallmark and the pinnacle of our survival but it dawned on me and my family that attaining our potentials as a younger generation was limited owing to nepotism and other scourges that bedevil our dear nation, today the rewards are evident.

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, not even the modern amenities and functioning institutions excites me about the US more than equal opportunity to prove your abilities availed everyone who is willing to grab it, academically, socially, medically and in the workforce which I am of course a first hand witness despite my nationality, everyone is given equal opportunity to convince employers, schools why they should be hired or admitted..

It's very easy to claim Nigeria practices democracy but in actual and real sense it's democratic dictatorship devoid of freedom of speech where elected officials are Demi-gods who understand the populace are too carried away by the blurred optics of tribalism and religious fanaticism thus freely drain the nation of its resources without any form of accountability from the already infiltrated media or youths who are only noise makers on the web or around newspaper stands, who lack the courage to confront its leaders on evident pressing issues that continue to reel the country through the gutters of mediocrity, feeding on crumbs from their hallowed table irresponsibility, they are praised and worshipped to the high heavens for carrying duties they were originally elected for..

I can go on and on writing about this, but it would never satisfy the cringe and pain I feel every time I remember my dear nation and it's potentials that may never be achieved because many are blindfolded patriots..

I love my dear nation and would always be passionate about Nigeria but we must never fail to tell ourselves the truth..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / FG Targets 13000MW Solar Electricity- Amina Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.