Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! (23960 Views)

10 Christmas Traditions From Nigeria And Other Parts Of The World / Nigerian Police And Nigerian Army Are Becoming Useless / Eyonigger Is A Useless Boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 5:43am On Jul 10, 2014
Loll

We forget one fact here; this is AFRICA smiley Africa is cursed. Never expect a positive change till the 2nd coming of Christ.

Did I hear Ghana, S.A? Lol. Eliminate the whites from S.A, and you will see another glorified Kano state. Complaints, Rants, Arguments, Curses, Prayers, Lectures, ; Sermons won't solve our problems; we just have to accept FATE.

HE WHO NEEDS UNDERSTANDING, LET HIM SEEK UNDERSTANDING: Our Historic disconnection from progressive development started in days of ABRAHAM, CAIN AND ABEL. This isn't the right place to pinpoint these facts as many won't listen, let alone believe.

It takes 1 man to build a continent; ever wondered who migrated to Africa?
LOL! cheesy
There is absolutely nothing we can do!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2014
Meddler:

My dear I'm not boasting about it, I'm just saying good and bad people abound everywhere. Are you saying that no bad people exist in America too, that people don't die senseless deaths in the States? Imagine going to the movie theater or walmart and you wondering if some crazy person would jump out and start shooting. Remember the DC sniper who just shot people randomly for absolutely no effing reason. He just got on a rooftop and decided "hey this seems like a good day to kill people".

Abeg you just make it sound like nothing bad ever happens in America. The people who get killed by stray bullets, or robbed and killed, raped and killed, tortured and killed are just like the examples cited above. Again the only difference is that the law enforcement actually do their jobs. Does that prevent the crime from being committed? Hell No!!!
Abeg help me tell her o.

America is like paradise to them, no crime at all.

God bless america. grin

There are records of serial killers in USA history.

www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_in_the_United_States

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Atmmachine(m): 5:54am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1: Many years ago in a conversation,I told someone that a time would come in Nigeria when a child born will know nothing else but how to cheat and scheme and connive and dupe others or do whatever it takes to get ahead.
I believe Nigeria is at that time now.
The place is useless.Increasingly I feel a lot of disgust for that land.
I pretend to love it when sorrounded by foreigners,I won't let people bash my country and get away without a response but in my heart of hearts ,I agree with them.
I held out hope for years till I told myself the truth and that truth is that the only way that country could be saved is by a Passover,the like of what happened in Biblical times when the children of Israel wanted to leave Egypt and the angel of death had to kill the first sons of the Egyptians while passing over the house of the Israelites.
There should be a Passover of some sort where every man or woman who had a hand in the rot of the land is done away with by a similar angel ,all in one night so fear can grip the survivors and perhaps change will come.
At the current state we are in,there is no hope for a change
The foundation and make up of the country and it's systems are completely rotted.
There is hardly any truthful man in the land
Everyone expects something for nothing and something for something.
There is no love in anyone's heart for Nigeria
Don't get me wrong,America is no paradise but Americans are genuinely proud of their country and would fight to defend it.

Nigerians are not proud of Nigeria and who could blame them
The country has done nothing for any of us
Dying for Nigeria is useless!it is not worth it
I make bold to state that all those who died in a fight to keep Nigeria one died in vain,sadly.
The country is not worth dying for.

You're very foolish

How old is America ?? But Nigeria is only 56

Obasanjo & some other prominent Nigerian leaders who are your father's age mate are striving to make Nigeria better & you're here painting nigeria black..
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:03am On Jul 10, 2014
coogar:

the crime rate in lagos alone is 10 times that of america. laws aren't even enforced in naija. how many people do you think will go to prison in lagos if only DUI & child abuse laws are enforced thoroughly?

Sorry, Crime rate in US is 99.9%

And who told you laws are not enforce in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:06am On Jul 10, 2014
OlamiB:

Babymama na only Ɣ☺u waka come? Ɣ☺u r so pained and frustated and it has eaten deep into ur soul and spirit, even we still living inside this useles' nigeria aren't as frustated as Ɣ☺u, if Ɣ☺u know Ɣ☺u r so pained and ashamed of ur rootƔ☺u can as well hug a live wire just as those wonder snakes did days ago in Benin. If americans had left their country years ago for another one due to ur type of condemnation am sure it won't be as good as it is now, who sabi Ɣ☺u self? Who has felt ur absence since Ɣ☺u left Nigeria? Maybe ur 'useless, uncultured family members that lacks manners' and what has ur presence in ur new 'useful' country did to them? If Ɣ☺u know Ɣ☺u have nothing good to offer Nigeria stop spoling it! Ɣ☺u r a disgrace to ur people, no matter the kind of citizenship Ɣ☺u get over there Ɣ☺u r still a Nigerian Ɣ☺u carry that blood even if you refuse to accept Ɣ☺u cm frm a useless country, maybe Ɣ☺u should get the Useless blood drained ouT of ur system so Ɣ☺u could get the Uselful one, ok? We all know Nigeria isn't in a good condtition yet but several developed countries was once in this particular time Nigeria is going through too, it is people like Ɣ☺u that doesn't appreciate the little good Nigeria has to offer. Keep hating, your BP will be getting higher. Heaven help Ɣ☺u if Ɣ☺u dnt go mad on top naija matter. Go publish ur hatred for naija in top world newspaper, nairaland is just ur starting point. Jobless woman!!!
Thank you @ bolded.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Atmmachine(m): 6:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama... You're old enough to stop all these bragging & stupid shits.
What can the younger ones learn from you ?
All you posts on nairaland doesn't make sense at all.
If you don't upload pictures of the airports you have been to, you upload pictures of the cities in America or the pictures of food.

There're alot of Nairalanders living in America but we don't show off or brag about what we gat.. PLEASE, GROW UP

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 6:15am On Jul 10, 2014
Atmmachine:

You're very foolish

Obasanjo & some other prominent Nigerian leaders who are your father's age mate are striving to make Nigeria better & you're here painting nigeria black..

My brother, that's not a good word to say to a lady.

It is not about "how old" per se, Nigeria is older than the figure you have there. We only stopped eating human beings, ...stopped killing twins and those with albinism some 100years ago, but we've being in existence for over 1000years. All thanks to Bishop Ajayi Crowther, et al..

We can only manage the predicament that was placed upon the black race. "Nigeria" is not the problem, being black is.

Israelis are what they are today because of the fact history posits about them. Middle-East as a whole is not exempted; they will never escape riots, fights, terrorism and war!!

So why do we think we can escape our "divine" predicament?? cheesy We've got to stop the blame game and constant comparism. Like I always say, we can only manage the curse. Comparing ourselves with Americans is uncalled for. Even Egyptians know the wahala Pharaoh brought upon them. Those stuffs we read in the bible are soooo real

ONLY THOSE UNDER THE DIVINE UMBRELLA (not PDP o grin ) are actually free from the curse smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:

Hehehehe
Are you done?
There is no developed country that started like you
They improved,you regressed and continue to do so
As a child I turned on the shower and took a shower,later I had to scoop water from a bucket till they dug a bore hole
Other countries didn't do that they got better and better
We had books in our library at a FGGC and a book store that sold books at discounted prices
What do you have today
There was a trash truck that collected the refuse in the refuse bins at the corner of the street
Now,na to pour am for street or pour it in your neighbors yard grin
We turned on the switch and had electricity
We could walk down our street at night without fear,we even had street lights
Stop consoling yourself your country stinks

You will abuse me finish and go to all the embassies including burkina faso looking for which one to flee to and run away from the disaster called Nigeria
Eediot
@bold really?

I guess in america slaves were boss, Luther king, Malcolm X were protesting for what exactly?

In US, Women's suffrage protested in 1920s for what exactly?

Oh America was just like garden of eden in the past. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by iamord(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Acidosis: Loll

We forget one fact here; this is AFRICA smiley Africa is cursed. Never expect a positive change till the 2nd coming of Christ.

Did I hear Ghana, S.A? Lol. Eliminate the whites from S.A, and you will see another glorified Kano state. Complaints, Rants, Arguments, Curses, Prayers, Lectures, ; Sermons won't solve our problems; we just have to accept FATE.

HE WHO NEEDS UNDERSTANDING, LET HIM SEEK UNDERSTANDING: Our Historic disconnection from progressive development started in days of ABRAHAM, CAIN AND ABEL. This isn't the right place to pinpoint these facts as many won't listen, let alone believe.

LOL! cheesy
I feel like slapping uou for some sttatements u made here.. Urt type r the curse of africa..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:33am On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And despite your RECURRING NIGHTMARES when you finally set foot on Naija's soil, you discovered honesty in the cab driver's beautiful eyes and realized spot on that he can be trusted and that not everything is lost?

Anyway, I doubt the authenticity of your contribution to this thread but there is no need explaining yourself any further.
and in america where honesty flows like honey.

Steve rogers most hear this. grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:38am On Jul 10, 2014
Roland17: From the popular music, my father reminded me even before I left my comfort zone (Lagos) to school miles away from them in my home state (Owerri) with this words "aye e no be say I no get house, landlord travel and see" not to talk of when I decided to move to states, he sang it over and over again to my hearing..

Nigerians resident in Nigeria are sooo fond of being patriotic blindfolded, you guys barely understand what it means to defend a norotrious nation like Nigeria amongst other nationals in a foreign land, Nigeria is dead beat backwards in every category you place it compared to other developing nations worth more the power blocks and it's not because we don't love our dear nation, far from it, we are even more passionate than most are but the difference is this we have witnessed an entirely different perspective to what a functioning society truly means and entails, what paying taxes and enjoying the dividends of what you are paying for, where you enjoy a sense of belonging from a responsible government whose residents understands government might never be perfect or far from the politics of corruption and embezzlement but does not shelve it's primary and core responsibilities of caring, protecting and providing for its citizens.

I come from a very humble background where hard work, courage, commitment and family are the hallmark and the pinnacle of our survival but it dawned on me and my family that attaining our potentials as a younger generation was limited owing to nepotism and other scourges that bedevil our dear nation, today the rewards are evident.

Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing, not even the modern amenities and functioning institutions excites me about the US more than equal opportunity to prove your abilities availed everyone who is willing to grab it, academically, socially, medically and in the workforce which I am of course a first hand witness despite my nationality, everyone is given equal opportunity to convince employers, schools why they should be hired or admitted..

It's very easy to claim Nigeria practices democracy but in actual and real sense it's democratic dictatorship devoid of freedom of speech where elected officials are Demi-gods who understand the populace are too carried away by the blurred optics of tribalism and religious fanaticism thus freely drain the nation of its resources without any form of accountability from the already infiltrated media or youths who are only noise makers on the web or around newspaper stands, who lack the courage to confront its leaders on evident pressing issues that continue to reel the country through the gutters of mediocrity, feeding on crumbs from their hallowed table irresponsibility, they are praised and worshipped to the high heavens for carrying duties they were originally elected for..

I can go on and on writing about this, but it would never satisfy the cringe and pain I feel every time I remember my dear nation and it's potentials that may never be achieved because many are blindfolded patriots..

I love my dear nation and would always be passionate about Nigeria but we must never fail to tell ourselves the truth..

Please tell me about your paradise. smiley
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by tintingz(m): 6:42am On Jul 10, 2014

LOL! cheesy
Oh there is something we Africans can do, lick the white asz and ignore the poo. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2014
iamord: I feel like slapping uou for some sttatements u made here.. Urt type r the curse of africa..

Professor of ANTI-Bilblical Anthropology grin How come you're yet to develop Nigeria and Africa as a whole?

Wait o, as at 2010 or so, we have over 21,000 Chinese officials in the country, mind you, Abacha signed the first MOU between Nigeria & China, but I ask you today: how come we are where we are today? Prior and after this agreement, these guys have been "assisting" via dump.ing cheap chinese goods in the continent whislt getting our Niger Delta oil in return grin Ask yourself, why aren't they dumping these goods in other parts of the world?

Anyway, wetin be my own, na make we just they manage the situation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by stunningjudy(f): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2014
Atmmachine: Babymama... You're old enough to stop all these bragging & stupid shits.
What can the younger ones learn from you ?
All you posts on nairaland doesn't make sense at all.
If you don't upload pictures of the airports you have been to, you upload pictures of the cities in America or the pictures of food.

There're alot of Nairalanders living in America but we don't show off or brag about what we gat.. PLEASE, GROW UP
Please help me tell her, always bashing her country and its citizens. I wont be suprised if she grew up in a slum in nigeria but went to america because her hubby lives there. Yeye dey smell!
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by DJDOLA(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2014
Make thunder fire anybody way say nigeria is a gud country....as am typing so I dey vex

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 6:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Africa is cursed!!

World Cup is a case study grin grin

If u choose not to believe, no wahala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2014
tintingz: Oh there is something we Africans can do, lick the white asz and ignore the poo. grin
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Enahi(f): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2014
@Babymama I understand how you feel,its not just you. The problem with Nigeria is not just corruption,Nigerians mentality needs to be re-branded. I don't even know where to start from,the country is truly not worth dyeing for. One of my uncles in America came back to Naija some years ago to join politics in his state to bring positive changes,so he thought. He made d greatest mistake in his life,they killed him 2 years after. The way he died eh is so mysterious,he never thought they would kill him he had so much faith. The painful aspect of it is that family members advised him not to come,he has been away for a very very long time and that was his first time of coming to Naija after so many years. One thing about Nigerian politics,darkness and light can never agree. Nigerian politics is filled with darkness and Occults,you can't be part of it if you are pure at heart. I Don't even want to write about Nigerian Hospitals,wicked Nurses and Doctors. They almost killed my pregnant elder sis in a private hospital recently,She had to switch to another hospital last minute. She had her twins through CS,the Doctor had to operate on her after he discovered one of the twins wasn't breathing well. Don't even want to write about Nigerians attitude to work,especially Yoruba people. Very irritating,sluggish,dirty and Lackadaisical attitude to work.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Enahi: @Babymama I understand how you feel,its not just you. The problem with Nigeria is not just corruption,Nigerians mentality needs to be re-branded. I don't even know where to start from,the country is truly not worth dyeing for. One of my uncles in America came back to Naija some years ago to join politics in his state to bring positive changes,so he thought. He made d greatest mistake in his life,they killed him 2 years after. The way he died eh is so mysterious,he never thought they would kill him he had so much faith. The painful aspect of it is that family members advised him not to come,he has been away for a very very long time and that was his first time of coming to Naija after so many years. One thing about Nigerian politics,darkness and light can never agree. Nigerian politics is filled with darkness and Occults,you can't be part of it if you are pure at heart. I Don't even want to write about Nigerian Hospitals,wicked Nurses and Doctors. They almost killed my pregnant elder sis in a private hospital recently,She had to switch to another hospital last minute. She had her twins through CS,the Doctor had to operate on her after he discovered one of the twins wasn't breathing well. Don't even want to write about Nigerians attitude to work, especially Yoruba people. Very irritating,sluggish,dirty and Lackadaisical attitude to work.

you ruined your write-up with the bolded

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Enahi(f): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2014
Acidosis:

you ruined your write-up with the bolded
I know Yoruba people very well o,another thing is they like egunje too much and that's corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by mumu9gerian: 7:38am On Jul 10, 2014
Enahi: I know Yoruba people very well o,another thing is they like egunje too much and that's corruption.
only yoruba people like egunje too much abi,what an absurd statement

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by mumu9gerian: 7:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Enahi: @Babymama I understand how you feel,its not just you. The problem with Nigeria is not just corruption,Nigerians mentality needs to be re-branded. I don't even know where to start from,the country is truly not worth dyeing for. One of my uncles in America came back to Naija some years ago to join politics in his state to bring positive changes,so he thought. He made d greatest mistake in his life,they killed him 2 years after. The way he died eh is so mysterious,he never thought they would kill him he had so much faith. The painful aspect of it is that family members advised him not to come,he has been away for a very very long time and that was his first time of coming to Naija after so many years. One thing about Nigerian politics,darkness and light can never agree. Nigerian politics is filled with darkness and Occults,you can't be part of it if you are pure at heart. I Don't even want to write about Nigerian Hospitals,wicked Nurses and Doctors. They almost killed my pregnant elder sis in a private hospital recently,She had to switch to another hospital last minute. She had her twins through CS,the Doctor had to operate on her after he discovered one of the twins wasn't breathing well. Don't even want to write about Nigerians attitude to work,especially Yoruba people. Very irritating,sluggish,dirty and Lackadaisical attitude to work.
can u see how tribalized u are,what problems do u have with yoruba people,why the hate
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Acidosis(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Enahi: I know Yoruba people very well o,another thing is they like egunje too much and that's corruption.
okay
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Enahi(f): 7:47am On Jul 10, 2014
mumu9gerian:
can u see how tribalized u are,what problems do u have with yoruba people,why the hate
No you are wrong o,I don't hate Yoruba people. Have relatives that are Yorubas. Everything I wrote was based on experience and observation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 10, 2014
The op keeps comparing the US to Nigeria and in every instance expects Nigeria to meet up. I wonder how possible that is. The US is certainly a good working model of a society; Nigeria is very far from that.

If you'd compare nations, compare Nigeria with other developing African countries. Ghana? Okay, maybe Nigeria is no better. But you could still find room for comparison there. Nigeria certainly needs a lot of work, but expecting the country to be a perfect model like the society you live in is such an unrealistic demand that has no place in analysis.

I don't like Nigeria any more than you do. However I take every little chance I have to do something about correcting the ills of this society, every little thing possible. You know why? Cos doing achieves much more than complaining.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 10, 2014

LOL! cheesy
This is quite sad thinking, right here

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Godson201333(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2014
I don't know why ya all taking her post serious,we have seen enough Lamentations and it's all about frustration...what can I say than Pity....

Some of them making noise here don't have money to visit naija...like someone said...when those guys came home to marry them...the women always thought you will be picking money on the street of America and now they found out you need two jobs to pay bills and then regret begins..plenty of then in New York,Texas and more....

Once you use your brain you won't keep on blaming..I am living in another country greater than America...

I just see you as someone who is abusing the Internet and also abusing nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2014
Op with due respect.

I have lived in all part of Nigeria, I grew up and studied in the East, worked in west, South and North. I can boldly tell you, I am a proud Nigeria and I love it here than your US.

If you don't like it here get out.
Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by zeongeon: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2014
The first step to solving a problem is to admit that there is aa problem..The first step to making this country better is to admit Nigeria has a problem and the country is indeed USELESS...one may say; other developed countries went through what where going through, there are even countries that are worse off BUT the truth is that Nigeria stands alone there is no other Nigeria aside this one and when talking about Nigeria d world won't talk about other countries first..they will talk about us squarely.

People saying Nigeria is not useless..u can say so because u look at dis country from ur own life perspective probably u earn well, live comfortably, have internet and security BUT go out to the streets and see how our people are suffering with the OIL and the major resources we have that most countries in d world don't have then u will indeed say the country called Nigeria is Useless.

If u go out and observe you will know better and at times we blame the government but some of the citizens are not helping matters at all.

Look at the health sector, infact people die in thousands cause of d rubbish that go on in hospitals, strikes and no absolute regard for human life. If you want good health services then be willingly to pay thru ur nose or bribe nurses and doctors to do there work..illness that isn't suppose to kill one normal will kill d person in Nigeria.

What about the use of terrorism to fuel a political agenda where the life of citizens are wasted and nothing is been done.

Employment look at d migration exams where jobseekers died anyhow just cause of the employment situation.

Our politicians that are stealing money anyhow when u hear d amount of money these politicians steal then u realize that Nigerians are not meant to suffer and that its possible for everyone in this country to be placed on government welfare.

Tribalism some people don't get job offer even when qualified because there not from a tribe a HR or company likes. It is a norm to vote someone who u know is incapable just because he is a tribes man..that's why I said the citizens not help matters sef. U know this man will embezzle and won't do anything but yet they vote him on d basis of tribe.

Education so dead go to universities and check out the libraries and facilities..lecturers forcing students to buy outdated and useless handouts..u have to sort ur way or pressurized to sleeping with mr lecturer if u don't want to b a pillar in school.

Bribe the other of the day u have to bribe ur way or give money for anything in Nigeria..its even so bad that news had it that a female wanted terrorist called white widow and most wanted woman who has killed countless people got caught in Nigeria and she bribed her way to freedom.

The citizens provide everything for themselves from electricity, water down to healthcare.

If ur doing good in Nigeria its not the government its just ur hardwork and God's favour and while ur thinking Nigeria is cool cause ur having it good take along at d happenings in the country and around U.

If Nigeria will b better we have to first admit its USELESS and then look for ways to correct it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by suavelara(f): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2014
Atmmachine:

You're very foolish

Obasanjo & some other prominent Nigerian leaders who are your father's age mate are striving to make Nigeria better & you're here painting nigeria black
And who told you they are striving to make Nigeria better...please update your knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is A Useless Country,you Need To Be Away From Nigeria To See It! by 5minsmadness: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2014
Babymama1:
Another experience that stands out in my mind was on a trip from Nigeria with my mother.
This customs lady told me to my face to give her N10,000 or my bags will be searched.i told her I had nothing to hide,I didn't even have palm oil with me so she could go ahead and search my bags.
She got very furious and commanded her boys to search my bags ,I said go ahead
She wanted me to lift the bags to her table,I asked the nosy to held do it,she was furious
After the search,she started the delay tactics and one of the boys spoke in Igbo that I should stop being tough and just ask the woman to reduce the money and I said never and I responded in Igbo that the witch will not get a dime from me.
I was ready to make a scene if need be,the frustrations of the corruption in my country had gotten to me
My own mother said I should just give some money so we can leave ,I said mommy biko let me handle this Itshekiri or Urhobo witch that confronted me this day.
All the anger of the police checkpoints
All the anger of the sweaty ,dirty police man that jumped into our car and commandeered us to osisioma station and the one that hit our driver with the butt of his gun rose up within me and I was ready to give a piece of my mind to the shapeless amoeba before me
Jesus stepped in sha
A beg how did this end? Don't leave us hanging biko! I had a similar experience and it was my mom that paid of the person but I was severely pisssed!! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other / How To Download On Waptrick.com, Wapdam.com And Wapkid.com / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.