Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,061 members, 7,825,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! (40740 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Oahray: 10:43am On Jul 19, 2014
@op, the biggest step in the solution to most problems is a removal of the cause. As long as she believes she'd burn in hell for making up (even if to look attractive to you), she wouldn't really listen to anything you say if you are not supporting the motion.

Try to use the same Bible. Good news is, it doesn't truly condemn those things. That teaching is just misapplied scriptures quoted out of context. However you need to be conversant with what the Bible says and be skillful in reasoning from it, to stand a chance.

You could either try to convince her yourself (with the Bible or you'd just sound selfish and she'd even start praying for your ignorance to be cured), or get someone she respects (religion-wise) to do it. I'd advice you do it yourself. That would mean actually believing the and doing research though. I could help you with verses if you want.

Choose your words wisely, as women get hurt by words (even if it's the truth) more than many realise. Be patient with her, and don't lose your temper if you don't see quick results. You might also need to show her examples of religiously devout women who have not abandoned their appearance.

Whatever you do, don't cheat! There's simply no excuse for that.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2014
I think its late coming from me but I understand what the OP is going through. There are two preachers one from Kenya and the other (a woman) I forgot their names, they came to Nigeria with a different kind of mesage. They said that wearing any type of jewelery, make up or trouser by women will lead them to Hell. They succeded in brainwashing many women in many churches in my state. The lady even go further by saying that God has sent her to retrieve all gold, silver, diamond and bronze jewelry from women in the world, which she does at her crusade. My guy your wife is brainwashed and it will take the grace of God to make her see the truth.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by allycat: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2014
I used to have a female college who was always complaining of her husbands wandering eyes and I felt so sorry for her. The day I went to her house I actually had to ask her who was in the photographs in her house, she was unrecognizable. In the pictures there was a young pretty smiling girl. Funny she wasn't even made up but she did have her hair relaxed and nicely done, meanwhile the person in front of me looked very bitter and hardly smiled. Colleges that knew them told me to ignore her, that they used to be a happy family that was the envy of all and things changed when she joined her church.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by temmym4(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
I pity some ladies sha...
Bro I know how u feel and I truly understand what u r goin through. It is not easy having someone who never listen, religion aside, some women have this natural stubbornness of not listening and paying attention to what their spouse wants. And when he starts cheating, u gonna see them on nairaland with the topic "Help. My husband is Cheating"
And people starts blaming the man.
And the Hippocratic guys, continue o, u know u want your wife lookin like a damsel but unfortunately she looks more like your granny with her style and make-ups. instead of u talking her off it so she ll change, u keep telling her u accept her for who she is whereas u are cheating with the next door girl with skimpy skirt.

Sorry bro, I admire your courage, u are a good man but unfortunately you v got the stubborn spouse and now it is getting complicated, I won't blame u if u cheat in the mere future cos u did voiced out earlier. the only thing right now is prayers, or probably talk to the only person she listens to (i hate this part though but it s obvious u don't have a choice) trust me. If your wife continues this way, she is at the edge of breaking her own home and regretting it later, by the time she realises and wants to make amends, it might be too late. I pray the devil won't turn your sweet home around.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
seuncyrus: . This isn't just abt looks , try to read , understand and interprete the story well before making any wrong conclusions.
Ofcourse I got wat u sayn, she stopd lookn attractive afta being brainwashd by somfin she watchd on tv, it still balls down 2 d fact dat u went for ha cos of ha attractiveness, if not u shudnt be botherd bout ha change of appearance afta d preaching, m nt givin an excuze 4 ha being unkempt, bt besides if u went 4 som1 nt jst only because of looks, dis wudnt av apund on her part.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by AriDsexy(f): 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
alabiyemmy:

Did He Say so.
It beats me....someone is here for advice and not for questioning,if you want to help then help
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Joshuadon: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
u should be happy to have such kind of holistic wife, it not easy finding dat kind

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by troy20(m): 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
the wife is cheating with God.this scenerio with her at the moment is usually giving as examples why couples saperate.though i arnt married yet but i sense someone who is not getting the love and attention and most certainly the fun from the union so she decides to find it somewhere else with someone else(in the very arms of God).if she cant love herself enough to get the husbands attention anymore then....it always comes down to this part eventually.many have been here man.maybe you try and put some Romance back.see how it works out.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Rossikki: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
[size=15pt]How did I miss this thread? OP please drop her like a hot potato. Let her go and marry 'Jesus'. Arrant rubbish. Ask these brainwashed, colonised people and their imported religion who wrote that bible they're worshiping and they'll stare back at you like dumb goats. No idea, no clue, no research, no knowledge, no thinking. No interest in thinking or research. Just acting like cursed zombies. Ignorant, dumb set of people. Meanwhile, the white people that taught them this stuff have long distanced themselves from its myths, having researched and found them to constitute mere primitive mythology. But our people? Oh no! Crying louder than the bereaved as usual. Thoughtless as usual. Research ke? What does research mean? Follow follow copy copy DUNCES.[/size]
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by nairo: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Guys, u got married then later your wife got brain washed n start dressing like a mad person, am very 99 percent of d guys won't take. Afterall Jesus was wearing a fine and decent cloth that the soldiers have to gamble for it. Advice to the wife..she is very lucky to have such good. Self rightousness can't take u to heaven but only by God's grace .. so women, be very wise!
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by nairo: 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
I bet u, u can't go on three months with wife wen she start dressing like a brainwashed mad woman
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
snowpe: I have been married for 4years now,recently my wife listened to a preaching on the issue of jewelries,trousers and makeup.suddenly she changed and since then she have been making her self unattractive in the name of church activities.sincerely she is making me to loose interest on her,I have spoken to her about it and she refuses to change.what should I do?l am seriously trying not to cheat on her.please I need advice on what to do to save this marriage.
please moderator move this to front page for advice
al those items u just mentioned ar al sinful in d sight of God, so read ur bible well, u av no choice dan to cope wit her, she did dat to make heaven n if u leave her God wil nt question her but u, so u beta repent n abstain 4rm earthly things of dis world, wereas i knw she's nt rude 4rm wat u said, ur problm is jewelries n make ups, those tins ar ungodly n 4 one to make heaven, we ave to avoid dem.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
Joshuadon: u should be happy to have such kind of holistic wife, it not easy finding dat kind
true yarn, tel hm o, wat if she dresses provocatively n someone else starts bleeping is wife, he wil start complaining.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Ofcourse I got wat u sayn, she stopd lookn attractive afta being brainwashd by somfin she watchd on tv, it still balls down 2 d fact dat u went for ha cos of ha attractiveness, if not u shudnt be botherd bout ha change of appearance afta d preaching, m nt givin an excuze 4 ha being unkempt, bt besides if u went 4 som1 nt jst only because of looks, dis wudnt av apund on her part.
dats ryt, he married her base on beauty n nt d love base on d word of God, to me she has not gone astray and d angels in heaven ar rejoicing dat she has changed frm her sinful life.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Lincolnburrows(m): 1:30am On Jul 20, 2014
mechanics: al those items u just mentioned ar al sinful in d sight of God, so read ur bible well, u av no choice dan to cope wit her, she did dat to make heaven n if u leave her God wil nt question her but u, so u beta repent n abstain 4rm earthly things of dis world, wereas i knw she's nt rude 4rm wat u said, ur problm is jewelries n make ups, those tins ar ungodly n 4 one to make heaven, we ave to avoid dem.
Maybe u should start by telling us where in your bible that it was specifically stated that jewelries, earrings and trousers are sin before God.

mechanics: dats ryt, he married her base on beauty n nt d love base on d word of God, to me she has not gone astray and d angels in heaven ar rejoicing dat she has changed frm her sinful life.
Yes there is always a point of attraction before getting married. Beauty is one of them. It makes a man proud when his wife looks gorgeous and elegant. The husband would confidently want to take her along when he is going out. Except u want the wife to turn to just a house help and sex machine in the house.
Bro, pls face reality

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 1:47am On Jul 20, 2014
Lincolnburrows:
Maybe u should start by telling us where in your bible that it was specifically stated that jewelries, earrings and trousers are sin before God.

Yes there is always a point of attraction before getting married. Beauty is one of them. It makes a man proud when his wife looks gorgeous and elegant. The husband would confidently want to take her along when he is going out. Except u want the wife to turn to just a house help and sex machine in the house.
Bro, pls face reality
read deut 22 vs 5
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 1:51am On Jul 20, 2014
Lincolnburrows:

Bro, pls face reality
guy dont get dat twisted, i didnt say a girl shud nt luk gud, afta al most girls luk gud witout make up, must d woman luk gud afta she put make up, dats simply no.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 1:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Lincolnburrows:

Bro, pls face reality
check deut 22 vs 5, dats to show u dont read ur bible.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by nkpommpko(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2014
flipflop: undecided wow! No wonder divorce is so rampant nowadays. undecided
nothing is new under the earth
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Lincolnburrows(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2014
mechanics: check deut 22 vs 5, dats to show u dont read ur bible.
Ok I agree. I don't read my bible but you don't understand your bible! Did that verse say that women shouldn't put on trousers? Read that verse again. By the who told you that trousers are made for men. I bet you don't know that there are female trousers which you can't comfortably wear and walk on the road except you want to appear as gay.
mechanics: guy dont get dat twisted, i didnt say a girl shud nt luk gud, afta al most girls luk gud witout make up, must d woman luk gud afta she put make up, dats simply no.
It's obvious that the woman is not looking good otherwise the husband wouldn't complain. It's not about wearing make ups but it's about looking good. It has to do with adding things that looks good on you(whether u are a male or female) and paying attention to your dressing.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lincolnburrows:
Ok I agree. I don't read my bible but you don't understand your bible! Did that verse say that women shouldn't put on trousers? Read that verse again. By the who told you that trousers are made for men. I bet you don't know that there are female trousers which you can't comfortably wear and walk on the road except you want to appear as gay.

It's obvious that the woman is not looking good otherwise the husband wouldn't complain. It's not about wearing make ups but it's about looking good. It has to do with adding things that looks good on you(whether u are a male or female) and paying attention to your dressing.
dats ur cup of tea, accept it or leave it, i wont argue wit u.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Kontious: 12:00am On Jul 21, 2014
I feel sorry for this guy. Don't cheat. That leads down to Death. I will never cheat. My wife ignores me and other women ask me out all the time. I don't tell her and do my best to just love her. Cheating will hurt my Lord just as much as it does her. So I die to myself daily, whatever I want, I deny myself in my relationship and give to her, at least I try. Then I thank God for the opportunity to be better. Praise God in times of good and bad. HE IS RETURNING SOON! MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT! SEE THE SIGNS, STOP SINNING, REPENT! THE TIME IS NOW! MASHIACH IS RETURNING, YESHUA HA MASHIACH! JESUS IS KING! JESUS THE CHRIST! He laid down his Holy life for us. Accept his love and open your hearts. Before it's too late. God Bless you all.
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Vikky014(f): 4:41am On Jul 21, 2014
Joshuadon: u should be happy to have such kind of holistic wife, it not easy finding dat kind
in ur warped mind sme1 nt makn her hair makes her Holy right?U r a pharisee then

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Vikky014(f): 4:48am On Jul 21, 2014
mechanics: dats ur cup of tea, accept it or leave it, i wont argue wit u.
do u knw the origin of trouser?meanwhile tell me abt shirt,polo & singlet ,is it for men or women?Am waitn bro,i dnt put on trouser o,bt nt against it
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Vikky014(f): 4:56am On Jul 21, 2014
mechanics: true yarn, tel hm o, wat if she dresses provocatively n someone else starts bleeping is wife, he wil start complaining.
pharisee,read mathew15:16-20,Jesus ws refering to you there!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by atrix4g(m): 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
kovak:

And so? Does that exempt you from enjoying the beauty of your lawfully wedded wife? undecided
not at all ofcourse being a muslim covers all that
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Joshuadon: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vikky014: in ur warped mind sme1 nt makn her hair makes her Holy right?U r a pharisee then
[size=15pt]oooooooooo i see,zo u are one of dem[/size]
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Vikky014(f): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joshuadon:
[size=15pt]oooooooooo i see,zo u are one of dem[/size]
i wonder whr u belong,one of dem indeed!PHARISEE LIKE YOU
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by mechanics(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vikky014: pharisee,read mathew15:16-20,Jesus ws refering to you there!
i dont blame u, God wil judge u 4 caling me dat name
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by Vikky014(f): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
mechanics: i dont blame u, God wil judge u 4 caling me dat name
u fink am afraid of God's judgement?pharisee like you*sips cold water*
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08am On Oct 04, 2014
yinkbell: [Advice from the pit of hell. I guess that's not you talking. Christ loves you too bro!]

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

One day, take her by surprise, looosen your belt and whip her like a child that she is. And when you are done, give her an ultimatum; Return to factory default setting or move out. angry

Dont let any pastor become the head of your family. If your biitch isnt acting right, whip her or cut the biitch off. angry

And its okay if you cheat now, God would understand. If Virgin Mary looked like that, she would not had been God's babymama.

[/b][/size][/font]

Can you please e-mail me @ olaadegbu@aol.com
Re: My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! by laphta(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
xynerise:

My question still stands
yes, he will. She changed on the guy.Its either that or he leaves, thats what I'll do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / My Wife Changed All Our Property Documents In Nigeria To Hers, Plans To Kill Me / Real Girls Do Real Things!- Nigerian Lady Shares Photos Of Herself Frying Garri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.